7.7

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1989 Ratings

1. Nov 18, 2014
    Breathtaking. I'm usually not playing shooters, but this one is an exception. The famed Far Cry chaos and stunning landscapes are so incredibly addicting! I simply love every tiny bit of it.
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    Great game,after unity i thought that far cry 4 wasn't good,instead it surprised me a lot.longevity,graphics,story are excellent,the only bug is that this game is too similar to far cry 3 but for this time ok.Far cry 5 must innovate.
  3. Nov 18, 2014
    I don't get the issue with this game being like far cry 3. That was pretty obvious before it came out. Its a lot like Far Cry 3 but that's definitely a plus considering that is a great game. What matters is if its a fresh experience, and it is. The story is good, the graphics are beautiful. Gameplay wise, pretty much everything is improved from Far Cry 3 and they have added some cool newI don't get the issue with this game being like far cry 3. That was pretty obvious before it came out. Its a lot like Far Cry 3 but that's definitely a plus considering that is a great game. What matters is if its a fresh experience, and it is. The story is good, the graphics are beautiful. Gameplay wise, pretty much everything is improved from Far Cry 3 and they have added some cool new features and refinements. If you have played Far Cry 3 everything will be very familiar but its definitely unique in its own right and just as fun if not more than 3. Seems like its popular to hate on Ubisoft games right now but this game deserves all the praise, great fun. Expand
  4. Nov 19, 2014
    Way too much like far cry 3, really weak story. I wished they had changed up some things but they play most of it too safe. Maybe next year far cry, ubisoft has been a disappointment so far
  5. Nov 23, 2014
    There isn't much to say about Far Cry 4 that hasn't already been said of Far Cry 3. Far Cry 4 is essentially more of the same now available on next gen consoles.

Series mainstays and features from the previous installment are still found here. There is a huge open world teeming with wildlife, things to do and collect, and lots and lots of dudes to shoot, stab or go Rambo on. The world seems to have gotten a bit bigger this time around, but not noticeably so. There are a few more weapons to experiment with (I think the game cites around 80 between the sidearms, mains, and specialties), but your go-to will probably still be the recurve bow if that was what it was during 3, because it's still beastly. Ubisoft likes to put ridiculous amounts of collectibles in their games, and that is no where more apparent than here, and it's probably where the game will get most of its gameplay time for completionists. I'd 40-50 hours could be spent diligently picking up all that Ubi has hidden, though the rewards for doing so is unimpressive.

I know a lot of people, including myself, found the protagonist of FC3 irritating but that narrative strong. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how much you hated Brody), both of these aspects have changed. The main character is no longer a whiny rich kid from California, but he no longer has much of a personality either. Ajay is definitely more of a cipher or blank slate. The actual story is pretty dull - occasionally delving into moral ambiguities, but told in a very plodding and flat manner. There is some attempt at more unique story beats and missions, including a few trips to Shangraila, but the gameplay design causes these bits to suffer. Though, some of the more memorable missions of FC3 have been unapologetically copy/pasted in FC4.

How much you enjoy Far Cry 4 will depend on how much you enjoyed Far Cry 3 - 4 is unlikely to win you over if you've not been a fan of the series thus far - and if you subscribe to the collect-a-thon value proposition the game has to offer. There is no denying that Far Cry 4 has a huge amount of content to offer and explore and, as a fan of FC3, I can't not recommend it.
  6. Jun 11, 2016
    Far Cry is one of the strongest licence from Ubisoft with their classic open-world structure coupled with fine FPS gameplay, let's see how this episode did.

First technically the game is beautiful, very nice colors, lights effects, sounds, textures, etc. A good looking game on PS4 and with a steady framerate and no glitch what so ever which is a nice accomplishment for a map this big with no loading time.

Concerning the gameplay its your typical Far Cry game, which is both its strongest and weakest point; chasing the wildlife, infiltrating or burning an outpost, climbing a tower to clear the map, etc. We've done those things a thousand times before and get ready to do it another couple hundred times. It's fun when you start the game but at the end its just too much of the same thing.

Same goes for the story with a charismatic antagonist and an undergoing revolution, you can count around 35 hours to finish the game at 100% ,10 of them are for the main campaign the rest for the side-activities which like said earlier are pretty repetitive.

In conclusion Far Cry 4 is a good game, but despise the original location it lacks imagination and innovations. I advise this game for any gamers who didn't play Far Cry 3 or for the ones that are looking for similar experiences.
  7. Dec 18, 2014
    This was my first Far Cry game. It takes quite a bit to get me to like a FPS, I didn't just like Far Cry 4, I loved it!

Graphics are stunning IMO, the frame rate is silky smooth, I don't recall any slow down at all. The freedom that comes in battle is what I enjoyed most. Go stealth, go guns a blazing, toss some steaks at the enemy and watch the animals do your work for you, perhaps mount an elephant and do some stampeding. It's all good times no matter the approach. The co-op was a blast, hunting missions, capturing outposts/fortresses basically anything I could do with a friend I did. The other online modes all run really well for me and I have spent a few hours mucking about. Nothing to mind blowing but still pretty fun.

The story was fine, not great but it held my attention. The main quest that you have to do by yourself was really fun, the missions aren't to short or to long, very well paced IMO.

The biggest compliment I can pay this game is that I did not want to stop playing until I had completed it. 40 hours of pure fun is good value IMO. With solid online modes the replay value is pretty high as well. All in all this game was a very pleasant surprise for myself.
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    More of the same, but not a bad thing. Efficiency improvements like auto-crafting syringes, better crafting system that isn't in the pause menu. Co-op is fun if you're playing with someone who knows their way around the FC system. Story isn't super intriguing, but the sandbox aspect is what draws me to Far Cry anyhow. Tons of stuff to do, and enemies can pop up anywhere, not just in areasMore of the same, but not a bad thing. Efficiency improvements like auto-crafting syringes, better crafting system that isn't in the pause menu. Co-op is fun if you're playing with someone who knows their way around the FC system. Story isn't super intriguing, but the sandbox aspect is what draws me to Far Cry anyhow. Tons of stuff to do, and enemies can pop up anywhere, not just in areas that you haven't liberated (big complaint of mine for FC3). Love it. Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2015
    Really fun game. Cool villain again and enjoyed choosing between sabal and Amita missions. There's many different animals, different ways you can approach each mission, and a lot to do even after completing the story. They probably could have added a few more features, because it did seem a lot like far cry 3, but that's not really a bad thing. Overall one of the more fun games I've playedReally fun game. Cool villain again and enjoyed choosing between sabal and Amita missions. There's many different animals, different ways you can approach each mission, and a lot to do even after completing the story. They probably could have added a few more features, because it did seem a lot like far cry 3, but that's not really a bad thing. Overall one of the more fun games I've played in 2014. Expand
  10. Nov 27, 2014
    first of all farcry 4 is an amazing open world game with very beautiful locations to discover and visit.the shooting mechanic is good and there are a lots of weapons too. also there is a fantastic mini helicopter that gives you the oprtunity to fly and shoot from the air .farcry 4 have tons of side missions such as hunting,racing, saving hostages bomb defusing and lots of outposts tofirst of all farcry 4 is an amazing open world game with very beautiful locations to discover and visit.the shooting mechanic is good and there are a lots of weapons too. also there is a fantastic mini helicopter that gives you the oprtunity to fly and shoot from the air .farcry 4 have tons of side missions such as hunting,racing, saving hostages bomb defusing and lots of outposts to liberate.the only negative of this game is that the story is weak and confusing Expand
  11. Jan 23, 2015
    This game looks good, runs at only 30fps though. The guns sound amazing and the story is good. Gameplay is also good and weapons are crazy fun and realistic. This game could have been better in certain areas as its clear the developers have just upgraded this from far cry 3 rather than fully rework it.
  12. Mar 6, 2015
    Felt really familiar, while the new setting was a nice change of pace to the more tropical settings in the past it lacked the freshness you'd expect from a sequel. It felt like more of the same but slightly improved in every aspect but the story which took the backseat this time around. Hard to recommend to anyone looking for a deeper experience than the last game. 7/10
  13. Mar 2, 2016
    Beautiful scenery & graphics. But these games have been far too game-ified since FC3. They need to go back to the immersion of FC2. Tone down the HUD. Collectibles shown on the map makes exploration pointless. The world just becomes a giant ToDo list. They really need to bring back the hand-help map and the treasure hunting from Far Cry 2, where you actually needed the diamonds to buyBeautiful scenery & graphics. But these games have been far too game-ified since FC3. They need to go back to the immersion of FC2. Tone down the HUD. Collectibles shown on the map makes exploration pointless. The world just becomes a giant ToDo list. They really need to bring back the hand-help map and the treasure hunting from Far Cry 2, where you actually needed the diamonds to buy any good guns. Other gripes: Fire isn't as effective as in FC2. NPC's still suffer from poor sound quality. And I want prone back from FC1. Also, having now played Dying Light, the climbing and grappling (traversal in general) seem clunky. At least the FC4 gun play is still fun. Expand
  14. Jan 1, 2015
    Far cry 4 is one of those games where you can take a rocket launcher, walk up to an elephant, and give the immediate are a new paint job. It has a sense of humor that can be appretiated by drug lords and violence enthusiasts. After the prologue, the game hits you on the bum and lets you do whatever the hell you want from then on. In short, it's a fun game.
  15. Dec 10, 2014
    Pros:Story,Characters,music,gameplay

Cons: animals too less, enemy ai,

For me this is the best far cy game after far cry 2! its much better than far cry 3 was! in everything! The story and the music is unimaginable great, fantastic and shangri-la world too! congratulation ubisoft you made a great game!
  16. Apr 27, 2015
    Good old Far Cry never disappoints in terms of entertainment. Loads to do, beautiful Himalayan open(ish) world to explore. Huge selection of vehicles to drive and fly around Kyrat. Graphics are awesome. Characters are good, Pagan Min is class! Freedom to approach each mission the way the want. Tonnes of wildlife to hunt and run from! The Arena is an excellent additional to FC4, so much ofGood old Far Cry never disappoints in terms of entertainment. Loads to do, beautiful Himalayan open(ish) world to explore. Huge selection of vehicles to drive and fly around Kyrat. Graphics are awesome. Characters are good, Pagan Min is class! Freedom to approach each mission the way the want. Tonnes of wildlife to hunt and run from! The Arena is an excellent additional to FC4, so much of a laugh in there!

The only downside is that the story line is weaker than an arthritic 90 year old's wrists. No real explanation of why the main character being seemingly just a normal dude at the start can basically morph into the SAS or Navy SEALs and is able to take down an entire army and a psychotic dictator all by himself. also there is no real detail about Kyrat or its history.

But hey, its Far Cry, you don't play it for its story line! Overall this is just classic fun and entertaining, tiger hunting, elephant riding, hang gliding Far Cry fun. 7/10.
  17. Mar 16, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is tones of fun with great gameplay, beautiful scenery and a decent storyline. Playing Co-op with a friend makes it even better. A solid game that will give you hours of fun
  18. Feb 15, 2015
    Essentially Far Cry 3.5... I liked the game, and enjoyed playing it, but typical far cry fare...

The Narrative paled in comparison to 3, which was quite compelling, the story in 4 was lacking in comparison...

Graphics were nice, gameplay worked no complaints... Huge map to run around and shoot things, a bit of a one trick pony, but thats far cry...
  19. Jan 14, 2015
    Incredibly similar to Far Cry 3....but that is not a bad thing. Far Cry 3 was a great game, with a fantastic and fun open world, addicting side quests with an iconic villain. Far Cry 4 has every single one of those things. But sadly, the villain is poorly under-used. He makes a great entrance at the beginning of the game but just fades from the game entirely until the game is almost over!Incredibly similar to Far Cry 3....but that is not a bad thing. Far Cry 3 was a great game, with a fantastic and fun open world, addicting side quests with an iconic villain. Far Cry 4 has every single one of those things. But sadly, the villain is poorly under-used. He makes a great entrance at the beginning of the game but just fades from the game entirely until the game is almost over! I also have to admit that the story itself is a bit underwhelming but that's not what Far Cry is about. Far Cry is about a great open-world with tons of fun activities and a great arsenal of weapons, and Far Cry 4 nails those three things perfectly. Oh, it also has elephants and gyrocopters......just let that sink in. Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2015
    Well what can i say? I think this is the only game that Ubisoft made it right! Everything will probably feel like Far Cry 3, of course the mechanics of that game was really good! But Far Cry 4 have everything but it is upgraded! The Story is good but it's not that surprising... The game-play is amazing just like the third game and it has the coop, that actually it is an amazing addition,Well what can i say? I think this is the only game that Ubisoft made it right! Everything will probably feel like Far Cry 3, of course the mechanics of that game was really good! But Far Cry 4 have everything but it is upgraded! The Story is good but it's not that surprising... The game-play is amazing just like the third game and it has the coop, that actually it is an amazing addition, in a overall i give Far Cry 4 a 8.4/10! Worth buying ;D Expand
  21. Jan 22, 2015
    Far cry 4 has amazing graphic and i like how opposite this setting is than the last far cry (still like far cry 3 setting better). Now for people who didn't play far cry 3 probably think this game is crazy and don't get me wrong its a good game and probably better than far cry 3 only because it more new. But it isn't a better game of its time. Far cry 4 didn't have as good as a villain,Far cry 4 has amazing graphic and i like how opposite this setting is than the last far cry (still like far cry 3 setting better). Now for people who didn't play far cry 3 probably think this game is crazy and don't get me wrong its a good game and probably better than far cry 3 only because it more new. But it isn't a better game of its time. Far cry 4 didn't have as good as a villain, the missions aren't as fun and they barley added new move upgrades. But the game was still solid. Expand
  22. Mar 1, 2015
    I put about 50+ hours into this game on the PS4! it was great, I enjoyed the free roaming and the amount of side quests the game offered. The story was solid though at times a bit drawn out and Pagan Minn was a tad to bit insane but ultimately I enjoyed killing him none the less. Some of the characters were a little to in depth in the sense of their lifestyles but despite that the gameI put about 50+ hours into this game on the PS4! it was great, I enjoyed the free roaming and the amount of side quests the game offered. The story was solid though at times a bit drawn out and Pagan Minn was a tad to bit insane but ultimately I enjoyed killing him none the less. Some of the characters were a little to in depth in the sense of their lifestyles but despite that the game offers a variety of fun and adventure, whether you enjoy shooters and the Rambo run around and kill everything in your path, or you prefer the stealthy snake in the grass approach (sniper) the game leaves much room for both types. there are some missions that tie your hands and force you to play in styles you may not be comfortable with but in the end it was worth it. I only wish they would release more DLC to expand the game more. I really enjoyed it quite a bit and found that it ran extremely smooth during play, there were some minor frame glitches but nothing to bothersome to want to stop playing it. If you enjoy a good shooter with a large variey of weapon customization and different play styles, then I think you should buy Far Cry 4, it's juice isdefinately worth the squeeze. Expand
  23. Mar 2, 2015
    Tahle hra je skvěla na PS4 a doporuču ji a pokud ji mate s kým hrát tak ji jeste dejte bodík navíc.
    plus skvěle se na to kouká
    aspon 50 hodin zábavy a víc
    skvěle se to hraje ve dvou
    mínus když to nehrajete s kamošem tak to je trochu na nic
  24. Mar 3, 2015
    The one current Ubisoft game that was actually not bad! You will replay this game just trying to finish all the great mission and sometimes difficult ones. The 8th gen graphics look good, Interesting characters (Especially the antagonist). If it is your first time I recommend easy for those of you who don't want your ass beaten to a pulp in the north. Once you get to the north everyone isThe one current Ubisoft game that was actually not bad! You will replay this game just trying to finish all the great mission and sometimes difficult ones. The 8th gen graphics look good, Interesting characters (Especially the antagonist). If it is your first time I recommend easy for those of you who don't want your ass beaten to a pulp in the north. Once you get to the north everyone is souped up (Except you and your guys) and they are all insanely powerful(I recommend also carrying a RPG with you at all times as well). But there is still some glitches and that this game is similar to FarCry 3 in multiple ways. Still though this game deserves to still be on your list if you plan to pick up a new game Expand
  25. May 14, 2015
    The game play is good and the graphics are nice.......but that's about it.

The game play is good and the graphics are nice.......but that's about it.

The first few hours pass quite happily as you strive to get better guns and equipment whilst liberating outposts and bell towers. However, the happiness is short lived and soon enough repetition sets in. The story line is one of the poorest I have ever know. It is abysmal to the point that you really do not care about a single character in the game, or the outcome.

It feels as if Ubisoft have spent all their time and effort creating a beautiful Himalayan game world then just filled it with a poor story, lots of repetitive, out of context, uninteresting quests which most people will never bother to complete unless they are incredibly bored.
  26. May 24, 2015
    Side missions from outposts get repetitive, and AI is mediocre, but Far Cry 4 is a good game. Excellent combat, a nice selection of guns and memorable characters. Driving is bad, but main missions are entertaining and diverse. Shangri-la side content is excellent.
  27. Jun 8, 2015
    Far Cry 4 doesn't fall far from Far cry 3. Not much innovation here besides the co-op system and a new setting. The graphics are very good, and the story is decent. Overall not a bad game to play if you're bored.
  28. Jun 16, 2017
    It's fine, I guess.

I took my time getting this game because I knew it was basically just Far Cry 3: Nepal Edition, since Ubisoft loves to just rip off of themselves every single year. There isn't much I can say about the game that wouldn't just be talking about Far Cry 3. The game is centered around Ajay Ghale, who travels to Kyrat to scatter his mother's ashes. On the way he
    It's fine, I guess.

The game is centered around Ajay Ghale, who travels to Kyrat to scatter his mother's ashes. On the way he becomes involved with a resistance movement against the "king" of Kyrat, Pagan Min, who is just Vaas 2.0, basically, except he doesn't drop out of the game halfway through and isn't replace by a significantly worse villain which the game pulls out of its ass. I do like Pagan Min more, though. Vaas was undeniably the highlight of Far Cry 3, what with being on the box art and being on all the promotional material; he might as well have been the protagonist. However, I like Pagan Min more because Vaas is more two-dimensional than Min. Charismatic, sure, but kind of two-dimensional. Pagan Min manages to be both Handsome Jack levels of charismatic as well as being sympathetic (in a psychotic sort of way) and motivated, and I won't delve into spoilers, but he actually does have the best interest of the player character in mind. He's just a bit... quirky... I guess. Sure, let's go with that.

The same praise cannot be afforded to the actual player character, Ajay. While Jason Brody in Far Cry 3 had an incredibly strong character arc, developing as a character as he goes along his journey with proper motivation, Ajay just kind of does whatever he's told. He has no personal investment in the civil war in Kyrat like Jason did against the warlords of Rook Island. Jason had a clear goal, which carried him through the entire story. He wasn't as involved personally in the affairs of the island. His main goal is to rescue his friends, not save the island. Meanwhile, Ajay bumbles his way into this civil war for basically no reason. His goal of scattering his mother's ashes doesn't take him as far as the developers forced it to, and they tried to imprint personal commitment into the player, and it falls horribly flat when most things happen for no reason and the player character isn't nearly as good as in the previous game.

However, the story itself isn't terrible. The main crux of the story is the moral choices between either Amita or Sabal, the two leaders of the Golden Path, the resistance movement going up against Pagan Min and his warlords. Sabal is conservative and sticks to traditional values like religion and culture, while Amita wants to secure Kyrat's place in the world, having a more economic view of things, seeing such things as religion unhelpful for Kyrat's future. The dichotomy between the two characters is a legitimate dilemma and I spent some serious time thinking about my choices and what the effects would be, weighing out the pros and cons of each. Both have their pros, but there are also some serious drawbacks, and it does require some thought to feel like you're making the right decision. In the end, however, all you do is choose who you wish to be in power and get a pretty terrible cutscene illustrating the worst of either, making you feel pretty bad about all your choices unless you immediately go around and shoot either in the back of the head, spoiler alert. Even Pagan Min goes "don't look at me, I don't have much going on, either" when you finally confront him. It ends anti-climactically either way you look at it, which is disappointing.

Now for what I hate about it.

Animals, for one. The animals in Far Cry 4 are specifically programmed to f*** everything up for you. You'll be scouting a base and are about to set your master plan in motion when f***ing wolves will spawn behind you and bite you, forcing you to pull out a shotgun and blast them to alert everyone in the outpost. The animals in this game are f***ing a**holes and never, EVER just leave you alone. It's to the point where it almost ruins the entire game, it's THAT bad.

Additionally Ubisoft must've thought they hit a gold mine with Far Cry 3, because Far Cry 4 might as well be called LSD the game. There are like 50 drug trips in the entire thing, with stupid dream sequences that are there for no reason other than it was a little unique in Far Cry 3, and Ubisoft treats uniqueness like the plague, wanting to stamp it out of everything they make until it's broken so hard you can put hay in its mouth and call it a race horse. These stupid drug trips are present in what seems like every three missions, and there are now two retard characters dedicated to them. It just feels so stupid when I go "oh, look, ANOTHER drug trip, that makes, what, 20 now?" It's so lame and it's done to death within a single game.

Overall, it's basically just Far Cry 3.5, and is the first sign that Ubisoft plans to run this series to the ground since they dropped their precious Assassin's Creed for a year.
  29. May 21, 2017
    AMAZING GAME BUY IT NOW
    positive
    + beautiful environment
    + great gun action
    + pretty good campaign
    + exploring
    + the amount of playtime
    negative
    - some boring moments
    - weak story
    conclusion:
    If you like freedom or graphics and awesome gun action you just have to buy this game but if you expect a decent story then this might be not for you.
  30. Nov 20, 2014
    Wow! This game is amazing, I can't stop playing. There's so much to do, the graphics and scenery are beautiful. Everything is just so delightful and I never use that word. Something is wrong really wrong with somebody who can't have fun playing this game. Just try it out, you won't regret it. There has already more memorable moments then I dare type, one for example is accidently drivingWow! This game is amazing, I can't stop playing. There's so much to do, the graphics and scenery are beautiful. Everything is just so delightful and I never use that word. Something is wrong really wrong with somebody who can't have fun playing this game. Just try it out, you won't regret it. There has already more memorable moments then I dare type, one for example is accidently driving off a small ledge with an ATV and accidentally landing on a small monkey of some sort, ha-ha! Expand
  31. Dec 2, 2014
    All I am reading about is how similar Far Cry 4 is to Far Cry 3. Let's set the record straight real quick. People don't complain about the similarities in other major titles like Uncharted, GTA, Elder Scrolls, etc...why is it different with Far Cry? Complete graphics overhaul, this game is deceptively gorgeous. Some excellent added mechanics to driving and flying as well as significantAll I am reading about is how similar Far Cry 4 is to Far Cry 3. Let's set the record straight real quick. People don't complain about the similarities in other major titles like Uncharted, GTA, Elder Scrolls, etc...why is it different with Far Cry? Complete graphics overhaul, this game is deceptively gorgeous. Some excellent added mechanics to driving and flying as well as significant changes to gun play (bloom, variety, physics). Completely Co-op (which was everybody's complaint about 3) and larger in scale. Much more detailed environment, the story WAS lacking, but it is EVERY time. Who genuinely thought playing some snot nosed teenager out to save his frat buddies was an engaging story? More of a good thing isn't bad, it just means a franchise found its niche. This series does an incredible job of giving players a set of tools and creating circumstances where those tools can be used in creative ways. I've had more "oh sh** did you see that!?" moments with this game than any in recent memory. Pick it up if you like FPS's, probably one of the best to release in a while and flying under the radar due to whiney gamer's with short attention spans. Expand
  32. Nov 19, 2014
    At its core FC4 is a good game, it takes the easy approach and doesn't stray from the excellent path that FC3 lay down. The core mechanics all feel familiar to anyone who has played FC3 before, but just a bit more tweaked.

I appreciate the extra customisation of your loadouts and all of the skill trees, crafting and looting that you can do. There are seriously huge amounts of activities to keep you occupied in Kyrat.

Kyrat itself is a great location offering some moments of exceptional beauty... is it a true 'next gen' game? no... but it is a step up. The verticality of the map is difficult to get used to having come from FC2 & 3 which were huge open vistas, and I do find myself missing those beautiful easy to reach islands in FC3.

The music, ambiance, sound effects and acting is of an excellent quality... but the story seems a tad throw away, with Min's character in particular not getting anywhere near enough screen time.

The downsides for me were the annoying outposts that keep getting taken over the moment you liberate them and the wonky pathfinding AI - for me it seemed to lose track of where i needed to go and kept having to check my map.

But all in all, a really solid game and an excellent time waster.
  33. Nov 19, 2014
    Simply put this game is just a blast to play!! While the story and the characters aren't anything special, the real fun is found in just exploring the beautiful open world and just doing some crazy stuff that you can only do in a far cry game. This game will keep you busy for a long time and I am so glad it did not disappoint.
  34. Nov 24, 2014
    This game is excellent except one small detail that managed to sift through every single review on the planet. THE CO-OP IN THIS GAME IS USELESS. IF YOU ARE BUYING THIS GAME FOR THE CO-OP YOU ARE IN FOR A MONUMENTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. Game progress saves for host only so when you are done playing with your buddy after you've collected every single collectible in the game, literally the hostThis game is excellent except one small detail that managed to sift through every single review on the planet. THE CO-OP IN THIS GAME IS USELESS. IF YOU ARE BUYING THIS GAME FOR THE CO-OP YOU ARE IN FOR A MONUMENTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. Game progress saves for host only so when you are done playing with your buddy after you've collected every single collectible in the game, literally the host is the only one that keeps them along with all the outposts and towers you liberated together for 8 hours. Expand
  35. Dec 6, 2014
    This is the one I have been waiting for and it did not disappoint!!!
    Insane action with everything that made far cry 3 an engrossing experience amplified. I was worried after the release of AC: Unity but all was well.
    This is the one I have been waiting for and it did not disappoint!!!

Story could be better, some characters are downright obnoxious on Jar Jar Binks-levels of annoying but all that aside the mechanics are flawless. It is an absolute joy to reign down terror on enemies and traversal has been expanded to include flying vehicles. It's a fantastic game, and I haven't even tried the coop yet.
    This one will keep you busy for months.
  36. Nov 26, 2014
    I find it hard to believe that others name Far Cry 4 as "Far Cry 3.5", "Far Cry 3 Part 2" or what have you. I went back and played FC 3 after completing the campaign of FC 4 and I find a dismal similarity between the two. Sure, in both games when I run up to plants I hold down E to collect them more quickly and in both games I climb up radio towers in order to discover more of the land.I find it hard to believe that others name Far Cry 4 as "Far Cry 3.5", "Far Cry 3 Part 2" or what have you. I went back and played FC 3 after completing the campaign of FC 4 and I find a dismal similarity between the two. Sure, in both games when I run up to plants I hold down E to collect them more quickly and in both games I climb up radio towers in order to discover more of the land.

Is there anything wrong with routine objectives remaining the same?

Especially when Far Cry 4 has significantly better mechanics than its predecessor. The map is no longer based on rectangular coordinates-- all newly discovered lands are less simply defined, which cleans up the choppy map of FC 3. Your camera, instead of displaying 9 obstructing squares in its interface, is now much more simple and intuitive. The skill paths for your character are more delineated and clear. There were many improvements between games that I feel went unnoticed by many other users. I urge you to go back and play FC 3, then comment on this game.

Also, and I know I'll get a lot of flak for this, the antagonist of Far Cry 4 is better than that of Far Cry 3.
    Vaas has nothing on Pagan Min.

The one shortcoming of Far Cry 4 is its disparity of Min. After the opening scene, I told myself, 'Eh, I'll play until Pagan's next short-- then I'll go to bed.' I played until 2, 3, then 4 AM rolled by and still he hadn't returned. I finally gave way to sleep only to play for several more hours until unlocking his next short. And "short" doesn't do it justice-- I wanted much, much more out of his cutscene. He is far and away the most interesting character of this game and his snippits of dialogue are simply not enough.

Still, the choices offered throughout the game and the supplemental characters made me feel as though I actually determined the future of Kyrat. As much as I enjoyed this game, if the franchise is to succeed in the future, the role of the antagonist must be centralized. Who can argue that Vaas had you fearfully excited to continue on in the plot of Far Cry 3, and that you had trouble deciding what to do with Min in the final moments of Far Cry 4? This is the only thing that the sequel failed to improve upon; the presence of the antagonist. I enjoyed Min much more than Vaas, he just lacked the presence that Vaas had.

In all, Far Cry 4 is a fantastic game that greatly improved upon its predecessor and had me eager to continue playing, though I wish Pagan Min had more airtime.
  37. Nov 22, 2014
    After the big disappointment of Destiny I needed a game like Far Cry 4 in my life. I've been playing it for 4 days so far and there's still SO much stuff to do. The map is pretty huge, you can create your own levels and share them with other people to play, tons of unlockables (well, more than Destiny at least) and more than enough content to keep me busy for the winter. I'm alreadyAfter the big disappointment of Destiny I needed a game like Far Cry 4 in my life. I've been playing it for 4 days so far and there's still SO much stuff to do. The map is pretty huge, you can create your own levels and share them with other people to play, tons of unlockables (well, more than Destiny at least) and more than enough content to keep me busy for the winter. I'm already addicted to exploring, hunting, crafting and missions right now.

I bought this game to show support for a sequel to the amazing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and I'm a little bit pissed that that game isn't happening but the more I played of Far Cry 4 the more I liked (specifically the inclusion of the A.J.M. 9 auto-pistol (essentially the Auto-9 from Robocop) from Blood Dragon. Maybe it's because I never played the original Far Cry 3 and I was expecting just another unpolished game from Ubisoft but colour me impressed. I can't comment much on the story as I'm only about 1/4 through the story and, while I deem story to be pretty important with AAA titles, I'm just glad we didn't get another snooze-fest like Watch Dogs. I have yet to actually play it online because I tend to get disconnected at home with my wi-fi from time to time.
  38. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is truly amazing! It takes everything right that Far Cry 3 did well and just improved upon it. Story is great and the landscape view from the distance is just phenomenal. Upgrades are a lot of fun in this game and the fact that you can play through the campaign however you want really makes it unique! The Co-op mode is a whole lot of fun when playing with friends too. EndlessThis game is truly amazing! It takes everything right that Far Cry 3 did well and just improved upon it. Story is great and the landscape view from the distance is just phenomenal. Upgrades are a lot of fun in this game and the fact that you can play through the campaign however you want really makes it unique! The Co-op mode is a whole lot of fun when playing with friends too. Endless action and a very large map that will be sure to keep you exploring for months to come. Worth every penny! Expand
  39. Nov 26, 2014
    Can't drive my self out of the game!!! so nice!! So much to do....good story...fun upgrades...the hunting the AI of the animals are very good (seeing 2 bears fighting over a meal is so cool to watch)...very immersing.
  40. Nov 25, 2014
  41. Nov 26, 2014
    awesome game , i love the landscape and the characters have depth you feel like you are making a impact either good or bad i love it and it is goty for me
  42. Jan 3, 2015
    Amazing game that will hook you in. Similar to Far cry 3 in a positive way. And to the people saying that they made it too similar to Far Cry 3, look how much time they had to design this! Stunning graphics and a beautiful game overall
  43. Nov 18, 2014
    Far Cry 4 may follow the same formula as its 3rd installment, but it's definitely worth buying for what's been improved since Far Cry 3. Far Cry 4 is graphically stunning and immersive, it has an intuitive gameplay and it has some new additions that can make you play this game for hours and still have new things to explore. Far Cry 4's only con is that it may look too much like itsFar Cry 4 may follow the same formula as its 3rd installment, but it's definitely worth buying for what's been improved since Far Cry 3. Far Cry 4 is graphically stunning and immersive, it has an intuitive gameplay and it has some new additions that can make you play this game for hours and still have new things to explore. Far Cry 4's only con is that it may look too much like its predecessor, giving the player the feeling that it might be just playing a revamped Far Cry 3. A great game nevertheless. Expand
  44. Nov 27, 2014
    Im 20 Hours into the game, and I am not bored! The graphics are amazing for an open world game, the textures are sharp even close up! Theres so many things to do in this game! Just an amazing game! Cant wait how the game ends! Will be buying the DLC for sure! Amazing job UBISOFT!
  45. Dec 12, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is almost perfect. Again, the views are amazing, and the interactions are well-done between the NPCs and animals. There are some minor quibbles with the game, however, as it is the fourth installment. I wish that the number of outposts liberated directly affected the ending, other than just giving you three soldiers to participate in the final battle, and the fortresses shouldFar Cry 4 is almost perfect. Again, the views are amazing, and the interactions are well-done between the NPCs and animals. There are some minor quibbles with the game, however, as it is the fourth installment. I wish that the number of outposts liberated directly affected the ending, other than just giving you three soldiers to participate in the final battle, and the fortresses should have given the Golden Path troops better gear as well. I was kind of expecting the Golden Path troops to attempt to overrun the palace by sheer numbers at that point. Next, the number of radio towers freed should have affected the morale of the Golden Path troops. Lastly, traversing land with weird obstructions sometimes, particularly with the current generation of consoles. The villains were kind of generic this time around, but at least they killed the stupid QTEs for the boss fights. Ajay's allies, however, were the scene stealers this time around. I like Reggie and Yogi particularly. Overall, it was a good purchase, Expand
  46. Feb 2, 2015
    If you never played FC3 but you always wanted to see what the developers have been trying to do since FC2, then FC4 is the game for you. It's very similar to FC3 but improved and balanced to near perfection. The story is not as good but the gameplay, world immersion, overall freedom balance out any weakness in the story. I'm generally not a completion-ist type gamer but I certainly didIf you never played FC3 but you always wanted to see what the developers have been trying to do since FC2, then FC4 is the game for you. It's very similar to FC3 but improved and balanced to near perfection. The story is not as good but the gameplay, world immersion, overall freedom balance out any weakness in the story. I'm generally not a completion-ist type gamer but I certainly did more side missions and random exploration in this game than most other open world games I've played. You can just move around so easily while still feeling limited and not god like and the whole time there is an opportunity to witness funny stuff like a pack of rhinos slamming enemy vehicles into trees. The combat is fluid and you can easily access your weapons in combat. It gives you the opportunity to be an artist in crafting the massacre of your enemies. There are many weaknesses to the game but all of them can be overlooked if you just want to hang out in the mountains and blow stuff up. Sure the developers could do better but when this much money is on the line, innovation and taking risks are not a top priority. Take it for what it is, FC4 is worth playing if you're looking for a open world fps experience. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2014
    An incredible gaming experience that will keep you coming back for more. Not only is the world of Kyrat absolutely enormous and beautiful, it's packed with things to do and feels like a real world. This game has alot in common with Far cry 3 and that is a very good thing. If you liked Far cry 3 than you will love this game. If you didn't like Far Cry 3 this one won't change your mind.An incredible gaming experience that will keep you coming back for more. Not only is the world of Kyrat absolutely enormous and beautiful, it's packed with things to do and feels like a real world. This game has alot in common with Far cry 3 and that is a very good thing. If you liked Far cry 3 than you will love this game. If you didn't like Far Cry 3 this one won't change your mind. The game looks amazing and the pure scale of this immense world is something special. The game developers deserve alot of credit for giving the players so much freedom and so many options to tackle your missions. The random nature of this world is just amazing. At one point in the game i was busy trying to collect some loot when i noticed an elephant fighting with some of the locals, i jumped on the elephant and took it for a ride and decided to go hunt some rhinos. The elephant was a great way to take these rhinos out and still collect their skin. That's just one of the many different scenarios that make this game just incredible. The story so far is nothing special but it does the job. Online is basic but can provide some cool moments. This game is so much more than just another shooter or simple sandbox game. Sometimes i just run around exploring the vast landscapes and searching for items just because it's so much fun and random. The game is much better than an 85 and is getting criticized for being similar to it far Cry 3 and not changing the formula. If it ain't broken, why fix it? Expand
  48. Apr 3, 2015
    I loved FC3 but somehow I really dislike this one. I can't connect to the story like I did in FC3 and the struggles of some freedom fighting group aren't interesting. Also they never help out in combat and constantly run me over with their vehicles and if you try to help and graze one they all turn on you instantly. Visually the game is beautiful and what I saw of Pagan I loved, but II loved FC3 but somehow I really dislike this one. I can't connect to the story like I did in FC3 and the struggles of some freedom fighting group aren't interesting. Also they never help out in combat and constantly run me over with their vehicles and if you try to help and graze one they all turn on you instantly. Visually the game is beautiful and what I saw of Pagan I loved, but I just couldn't stomach the gameplay and story past the first 4-5 hours. Expand
  49. Nov 30, 2014
    It feels like a reskin of Far Cry 3 with a very thin story. The game has a lot taken from the series before it and those things help give the game a score of 7 but it falls on it's face in so many other things.

- The scenery looks nice but only certain ledges are scalable with a hook mechanic - Weapon shops seem very limited, needing to play for over a day just to unlock the next level

- Weapon shops seem very limited, needing to play for over a day just to unlock the next level of a gun seems pretty excessive, especially when there are so many guys available and I will most likely never try
    - Crafting feels tacked on and unable to have weapon slots until you run around the map looking for animals seems like an odd time waster as it could of been used in other methods like boosting skills, perks etc
    - Skills are pretty weak compared to far cry 3, you only get two skill trees with 6 rows and 4 columns in each (24 in each tree) and both of them are not very good. You need to do a lot of quests to unlock the second half of the skill rows too. In far cry 3 at the end of the game you felt like a god jumping on multiple people, throwing knives, sneaking around really close without being noticed but this game you feel so limited.

Overall the game is not bad it just doesn't seem like a full package when put beside it's predecessors, it will entertain you but you will have a lot more fun with it if you forget the story and become your own character.
  50. Dec 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game, it's like far cry 3 but with much more content and beautiful graphics. I really like how your choices has a great impact on the story (a bit like the ending in fc3). Expand
  51. Dec 31, 2014
    If you've never played a previous Far Cry game (as I haven't) then this is undoubtedly 10/10. I can't say how great the graphics are, and there is SO MUCH TO DO! Fantastic game.
  52. Dec 23, 2014
    I shot an eagle with an RPG 10/10 .
  53. Nov 19, 2014
    I was REALLY enjoying this game... Then I played co op. And now I am LOVING it! No story is necessary to find your own fun in this living / breathing world! Its incredible watching what naturally happens around the world. Cannot wait to get back into it.
  54. Nov 19, 2014
    A great sequel to Farcry 3. Great graphics, sound and game play. Haven't had a dull moment in the ten hours plus I a have started playing. Only complaint I have with it is the driving takes a bit of time to get used to. But the autopilot makes up for it. Must own for all FPS fans.
  55. Nov 19, 2014
    It's a well-rounded world with alot to do and explore. The story is pretty decent, better than I expect at least. I love coop. Its so much fun in this game. The open world and hunting is so much fun.
    The game could have used a few more editions in each department but overall why fix what isn't broken. At least for one sequel.
    Overall I have had a blast with this, probably the most fun I
    Overall I have had a blast with this, probably the most fun I have had in a game this year. Just so many ways to play it.
  56. Jan 28, 2015
    Far Cry 4 seems like a very one dimensional experience. I never did play Far Cry 3 so I didn't have the hype to carry my interest through this game. When I play a game I expect it to get my emotions turning and get me engaged. I never felt that way with this. It consists of a lot of shooting and running. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything other than unveiling more map to doFar Cry 4 seems like a very one dimensional experience. I never did play Far Cry 3 so I didn't have the hype to carry my interest through this game. When I play a game I expect it to get my emotions turning and get me engaged. I never felt that way with this. It consists of a lot of shooting and running. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything other than unveiling more map to do the same things over again. I am not a fan of the run to point A, kill things, run to point B, kill things formula. I wanted to chase down the tyrant king and really get involved in the war going on but instead the game has you doing petty soldiering tasks. I mean your supposed to be some hero! Let's do hero things!

Grant it, I think the game is gorgeous and the map was interesting to explore for a little while. I can really see the AAA power under the hood working its magic. If there was a more involved plot and/or narrative I would really enjoy taking a break and doing the side quests every once in a while. But when the entire game is side quests it just seems like an expansion to something else. I wasn't even able to finish the game because it just couldn't hold my attention. I would spend my money on something else.
  57. Dec 2, 2014
    First things first, i read through all the negative reviews and it sums up as, "game is too similar to FC3, story isn't as good, characters lame, no split screen for coop"

The game is similar to FC3, you could call it a 60 dollar expansion. But this game is so well done and beautiful, lack of bugs, fun, exciting game. Not an issue in my eyes, but i didn't play FC3 so this is probably why i loved this game so much.

Story i've heard is better in FC3, but this story is fine, nothing to give the game a 0 for. They complain about the characters too but I love all the characters so far! Your character, the two high dudes are hilarious, the radio guy cracks me up, the main villain is very Joker-esk. The two people who you fight with are both set in there ways and very distinct. The characters are cool.

And whoever complained about no split screen coop they need to calm down. The game comes with 10 keys to kyrat that allow you to share the game via share play on PS4 and play coop with anyone who has a PS4 even though they don't own the game. That's the first time a game is doing that. I fully respect that step. I feel that is a very thoughtless move in an industry of how can we milk the gamers wallets. I tip my hat to Ubisoft for having something like that implemented.

This game is amazing. The landscape is jaw dropping, I often laugh from the script, the combination of stealth into blowing things up is great. If you are looking for a game that fulfills your completionist personality this is it. Good amount of areas to take over and discover, tons of items to search for, good amount of guns to collect. I'm trying to think of some down sides. The only aggravating thing is completing a mission and then a hawk attacks you out of nowhere and takes 3 life bars away and if you aren't at full health you basically are dead. But i'm playing on the hardest difficulty so that would explain that. But you live or I should say you die and you learn in this game On hard you really find the best way to complete missions is to go stealth. Or if you are going to go loud you should defuse the alarm systems first. Sniping is a freaking blast. The stealth kills are brutal! Nothing better than double stealth killing and then take a knife from the second guy and throw it and kill the third NPC. No frame rate issues. only twice did i notice the absolutely tiny tiny lag in frame rate but all i did was stop running for a split second and the game caught back up. It was so small i can so no frame rate issues at all. The game as never froze. Zero bugs experienced. They let you play co-op with your friends via the ps4 share feature even though they don't own the game. I haven't played pvp multi player yet so sorry no comment there. I usually agree with critic scores on here, but 7.8 is way too low. I don't know how 5 mixed reviews can bring it down to a 7.8.

If you liked Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, and Assassin's Creed, you will love this game. I love how they give the character a personality in first person. I hate when FPS RPG games don't give you a voice. During cut scenes they give you character and emotions and show your hands when you get pissed at people when you hold up a gun to tell them to get out of your house. The little things are what make me give games 10s. If I like a game or even I love it I go for 8.5 to 9.5. But that last .5 is all about attention to detail. And this game does just that. If you don't buy it at the $60 price tag I can't get mad. But if you see this game at $45 dollars pick it up. It is a must have.

I feel I keep rambling on here but I am just that excited to encourage others to pick this game up.

I've heard that people say it is too similar to far cry 3. I haven't played that which might be why I find this game phenomenal.
  58. Nov 29, 2014
    The best open world game I've ever played. Gorgeous setting/graphics in unique, exotic world. Tons and tons of interesting things to do/discover with myriad way to explore either on foot or by vehicle. This open world is massive and utterly lives and breathes every step of the way. Simply incredible! Quirky, entertaining characters....though not enough of Min, if you ask me. MainThe best open world game I've ever played. Gorgeous setting/graphics in unique, exotic world. Tons and tons of interesting things to do/discover with myriad way to explore either on foot or by vehicle. This open world is massive and utterly lives and breathes every step of the way. Simply incredible! Quirky, entertaining characters....though not enough of Min, if you ask me. Main missions are exciting and challenging....and all the side missions/activities let you stretch out the joy for hours and hours. I'm 30 hours into it and not even halfway. This is the first game I've ever even been remotely interested in the term "completionist".....not as an accomplishment....but as a way to stay in Kyrat as long as I possibly can.

Honestly, I think this game is better than GTA V. That right there says it all. One of the best video games of all time. Right up there in my top 5, without question.
  59. Dec 10, 2014
    Having played Far Cry since the first game, this was a great addition to the game legacy. I was impressed with the graphics, there was a couple of occasions where I saw trees doing that turning thing from above when you pass them in the air. But aside from that the game is brilliant. The story is well thought out and presented in good bite sized chunks (maybe Bungie could take a leafHaving played Far Cry since the first game, this was a great addition to the game legacy. I was impressed with the graphics, there was a couple of occasions where I saw trees doing that turning thing from above when you pass them in the air. But aside from that the game is brilliant. The story is well thought out and presented in good bite sized chunks (maybe Bungie could take a leaf out of Ubisoft's book and actually have a story). There are plenty of activities to keep you going, and if you are like me then you can spend hours just exploring the open world (again Bungie take note).

The similarity to Far Cry 3 is there in the game mechanics but the graphical improvements on the next gen are superior to Far Cry 3. The verticality was touted a lot, and it is great fun jumping off hills and wingsuiting down.

I would say anyone with a PS4 or xbone should own this title.
  60. Nov 28, 2014
    Far cry 4 provides fans with many bonus features, along with the essential breath taking graphics. Though the structuralist storytelling and some what repetitive narrating has become most noticeable as a continuous theme within the sequel. Do not fear, this is an excellent game that fans will LOVE. Best open world game of the year and one of the most enjoyable games of 2014. Well done Ubisoft!
  61. Nov 19, 2014
    Definitely one of the better games of this year. Did not disappoint, stunning scenes, action packed, and fun, fun, fun. I recommend that you buy this game. I just wish that there was more emphasis on villains.
  62. Nov 27, 2014
    Far Cry 4 one of the game I am looking forward to this year,compare to it's predecessor definitely there is improvements in terms of it's combat mechanic,more weapons,new vehicle,more skills available in the skill tree,additional side mission.Ability to hire mercenaries and also you can mount on an elephant which enable players to liberate outpost or fortress in more offensiveFar Cry 4 one of the game I am looking forward to this year,compare to it's predecessor definitely there is improvements in terms of it's combat mechanic,more weapons,new vehicle,more skills available in the skill tree,additional side mission.Ability to hire mercenaries and also you can mount on an elephant which enable players to liberate outpost or fortress in more offensive style.Graphic wise much more sharper on PS4 engine.Personally I wish in future Ubisoft will introduced DLC's such as able to play as antagonist ( Pagan Min) how he rise up to be a tyrant in Kyrat as well as introduction on Mohan Ghale how he started Golden Path.That way players can understand history behind Kyrat.
    If you have not tried any Far Cry series before,then this is highly recommend!
  63. Jan 8, 2015
    A direct upgrade from Far Cry 3, everything's better. The map is larger and there's much to do. It took me 20 hours to complete the campaign in single-player, and 65 hours to complete it. Definitely worth it.
  64. Nov 18, 2014
    This game kinda had me scared at first because of how horrible Unity's performance was but rest assured Far Cry 4 runs great on the PS4 and looks stunning! It's extremely similar to Far Cry 3 but is that a bad thing? No not at all, This game is extremely fun and i'm glad about it and the added addition of co-op just makes it that much better. And also the map creator is as good as Far CryThis game kinda had me scared at first because of how horrible Unity's performance was but rest assured Far Cry 4 runs great on the PS4 and looks stunning! It's extremely similar to Far Cry 3 but is that a bad thing? No not at all, This game is extremely fun and i'm glad about it and the added addition of co-op just makes it that much better. And also the map creator is as good as Far Cry 2's amazing map editor so expect to see some interesting multiplayer maps in the future.
    tl;dr: Basically if you like Far Cry 3 then this game is worth buying right now.
  65. Nov 18, 2014
    FC3 was awesome! FC4 is an amazing addition to the brand. More weapons, animals, crazy villain and really fun gameplay with the addition of the elephants and gyrocopter. It's a must!
  66. Nov 18, 2014
    Yes! Ubisoft have played it safe. Yes! It's more of a re-hashed Far Cry 3, but what a ride....amazing. Ubisoft have stuck with what the fans like and expanded the Far Cry universe. More please.
  67. Nov 19, 2014
    Big, bigger, Far Cry 4!

The map is so huge and you can find everywhere something to to. The machanics of the Game or not much different between the other Far Cry games, but the Story is amazing and to play togehter with a frriend, makes Far Cry 4 to best part of the Series.

Thanks Ubi!
  68. Nov 19, 2014
    Really fun and exciting game! Highly recommend it! Even if you have played the old ones or are a first timer, it truly is a great experience. I am writing extra characters
  69. Nov 18, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is definitely something. Graphics are beautiful, plays well, and Pagan Min is scary as hell. I haven't finished the game yet, but i'm so far pleased with the quality the game shows. At first, I was a little hesitant to purchase this game since the last I bought was Unity and that wasn't worth my buy, but this totally made up for the buy. Well done, definitely worth the wait.
  70. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is more like Far Cry 3.5 rather than Far Cry 4 but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. The game is great, I don't really have any problems with the game. I think the game is not quite as good as Far Cry 3 but it is close.
  71. Nov 18, 2014
    I think far cry 4 is a nice looking game, it does not have such effects like crysis 3 or shadow fall, but this game has a nice story with impressive and huge map. so many opportunities. this is a typical far cry game. i think a bit that far cry 3 was a little batter than this.
  72. Nov 18, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is very very well done. Shows how next gen graphics can really improve your experience in game. The look and feel of the map is very similar to FC3, but again i really enjoyed that game so don't mind it. The game play hasn't changed much, but a lot of the dynamics and the world itself feels more alive. Great weapon choice, AWESOME story line that can really capture you, maybe notFar Cry 4 is very very well done. Shows how next gen graphics can really improve your experience in game. The look and feel of the map is very similar to FC3, but again i really enjoyed that game so don't mind it. The game play hasn't changed much, but a lot of the dynamics and the world itself feels more alive. Great weapon choice, AWESOME story line that can really capture you, maybe not as much as FC3 but dig it none the less. Really like what they have done with this game and will have many hours of happy gaming.

Thanks Ubisoft.
  73. Nov 18, 2014
    In a gaming market flooded with "definitive and remastered" editions, Far Cry 4 sticks to the formula of its predecessor but adds a whole new world to explore with new characters, wildlife and PvP modes. We could have gotten Far Cry 3 Remastered but instead we got something fresher, more crisp and an overall greater accomplishment than an up-scaled port of its predecessor. Job well done, Ubisoft.
  74. Dec 1, 2014
    This is the most (pardon my langugage) un-f---ed Ubisoft shooter games. I still having alot of excitement in Far Cry. But seriously, It's still crucial, due to the American-Canadian evirovment was still used by Ubisoft. The shooting mechanic, was kicking, the graphics is beautiful, the game is fun, & I loved it!
  75. Nov 27, 2014
    Farcry 4 is definitely amazing. Immense open world with endless possibilities. When you decide to begin your journey in Kyrat, be ready for dangerous adventure, which will give you a truly unforgettable experience, taking you from reality for many hours.
    Buy it, Play it, Enjoy it. No options.
  76. Nov 18, 2014
    10.10 uno delos mejores y pocos juegos hasta la fecha q si vale la pena gastar 60 dolares se lleva un diez bastante exelente y para ser un juego de disparos no se parece en nada a cod como los de ahora muy muy bueno 10
  77. Nov 18, 2014
    Well, the game is about the same as Far Cry 3 with some new stuff. And that is the good thing! Far Cry 3 is about the best FPS game ever and you don't want it to end. So... Take Far Cry 4 and play on! I think the good thing here is that the game is the same, at least they did not ruin it like Elderscrolls Online (which could have been an Elderscrolls 6)
  78. Nov 18, 2014
    Amazing Graphics, immersive world and atmosphere. Everything you could want from a sequel to Far Cry 3. This game is amazing! I would recommend this to anyone. Good value for your money.
  79. Nov 19, 2014
    Great game! Runs like a charm on my PS4. I think people who liked FC3 will definitely like this game. This was really a surprise after AC unity. 10/10 would buy again.
  80. Nov 18, 2014
    Far Cry 4 plays almost identically to its glorious predecessor, but the lack of change in gameplay mechanics doesn't stop it from being a great game. While the story is not so compelling, Kyrat is beautiful enough you will want to stay.
  81. Nov 18, 2014
    um grande jogo, fazendo bonito como fez seu antecessor far cry 3. far cry 4 traz tudo o que vimos em far cry 3 melhorado e se ja era bom imagina tudo o que você viu melhor ainda , mapa maior e mais coisas a se fazer e a historia apesar de alguns não ter gostado eu simplesmente amei como a do 3 e pagan mim é tão louco e psicopata com vass e isso é um ponto ótimo no jogo e o multyplayerum grande jogo, fazendo bonito como fez seu antecessor far cry 3. far cry 4 traz tudo o que vimos em far cry 3 melhorado e se ja era bom imagina tudo o que você viu melhor ainda , mapa maior e mais coisas a se fazer e a historia apesar de alguns não ter gostado eu simplesmente amei como a do 3 e pagan mim é tão louco e psicopata com vass e isso é um ponto ótimo no jogo e o multyplayer está melhorado eu gostei do multy achei bem interessante a ideia e completa um grande jogo com um multyplayer assim Expand
  82. Nov 19, 2014
    Farcry 4 has been the most fun I have had in an open world game since Skyrim. PC is well optimized and runs great. I only wish it had a few more new tricks in its sleeve, but fun factor greater than innovation for this sequel at the very least.
  83. Nov 22, 2014
    All you need to do is play the game for 10 minutes and you will find yourself doing THE EXACT same things like you did in FC3, including all the awful absurdity like "skinning" animals (by ripping their guts out...)..and mindless tasks like spinning a number of prayer-mills "to get a reward". They had the chance and time to make an uber-awesome game after the success of FC3 but they didAll you need to do is play the game for 10 minutes and you will find yourself doing THE EXACT same things like you did in FC3, including all the awful absurdity like "skinning" animals (by ripping their guts out...)..and mindless tasks like spinning a number of prayer-mills "to get a reward". They had the chance and time to make an uber-awesome game after the success of FC3 but they did not. Instead, it's a "been there, done that" in a slightly different setting, extremely lazy...using the exact same engine, same animations, same sounds..same idiotic stereotypes etc., same crafting system and so forth, and so forth. It's not that long I finished FC3 (which I loved!) and I am feeling I am playing the same game...and I am searching for improvements and new things but can't find them. While the game overall may be good (and of course for those who never played FC3) it deserves a mediocre rating alone because of the incredible laziness of the developers and selling it as something "new" which it really is not, by a long-shot. Expand
  84. Nov 18, 2014
    Finally a real AAA game from Ubisoft this year. This game is awesome, from graphics to story, the setting is amazing, emotional soundtrack, and Pagan Min is a great antagonist. So in my opnion, excellent game, I would give it a 10 if it wasn't the lack of innovations in the gameplay.
  85. Nov 18, 2014
    A lot like far cry 3? Yes Please, give me more....New location, characters, weapons, wild animals, and vehicles??? I'm sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  86. Nov 18, 2014
    Although at first it feels like it borrows too much from its predecessor, "Far Cry 4" accomplishes the one goal games have been trying to do for years: experience your own story.
  87. Nov 18, 2014
    I think Far Cry 4 is one of the best games 2014... Very good graphic ,story and much different animals and places ,good missions ,much more... Very good game like Far Cry 3.
  88. Nov 25, 2014
    Loving the game so far, been playing for 13h and nowhere close to finishing the campaign missions.
    So much more activities to do and really enjoying the smarter and more interactive AI which I thought I'd find annoying.
    The new challenge is great and graphics are just phenomenal! Very impressed and enjoying every minute of it!!

WELL DONE!!
  89. Nov 23, 2014
    This has been my very first experience with the Far Cry series, and I absolutely love it. Far Cry 4 brings many non-traditional elements to the fps genre, and the overall execution is almost flawless. The game is beautiful, featuring vibrant colors, fast gunplay and great detail. The game handles very solid, though there are moments where it feels a bit buggy. Overall, I love the gunplay.This has been my very first experience with the Far Cry series, and I absolutely love it. Far Cry 4 brings many non-traditional elements to the fps genre, and the overall execution is almost flawless. The game is beautiful, featuring vibrant colors, fast gunplay and great detail. The game handles very solid, though there are moments where it feels a bit buggy. Overall, I love the gunplay. It definitely takes some getting use to, but when you do get the hang of things you just feel very engaged in the atmosphere. Far Cry 4's main antagonist, Pagan Min, is one of my favorite in video games history. Think Handsome Jack from Borderlands, only add an even greater metrosexual flare. Min is incredibly sarcastic, yet can snap at the blink of an eye revealing his darker, deadlier side. There are a many, many, many things to do in Kyrat, from rescuing hostages to destroying enemy propaganda, to spending hours hunting down animals to upgrade your equipment. It's almost overwhelming at first, and will easily distract you from the main story line, giving the game even greater longevity. I haven't been so enthralled and excited for a fps title since Call of Duty Black Ops first hit the market, and I can easily say that I have fully jumped on the Far Cry band wagon for iterations to come. This one is a MUST have for the 2014 holiday season. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2014
    The thing i like about ubisoft games is their designers sense of environment setup and localization according to the region. Ubi has done a great job of portraying Himalayas, Indian and Tibetan culture to the code. Game play is equally emersive.
  91. Nov 21, 2014
    Plays just like far cry 3, which was what I was hoping for. Too many games try to add new features that take away from the gameplay. Ubisoft has a good thing going here. It's also great to play a game that works at launch.
  92. Nov 27, 2014
    This is basically the same game as Far Cry 3 but with mountains instead of beaches. But that is not a bad thing. I loved Far Cry 3 and I'm loving Far Cry 4. There is so much stuff to do in the game that it's unbelievable. The only downside is, when liberating outposts, I'm taking them out one by one with a sniper rifle and they just go back to their daily lives after looking for me for aThis is basically the same game as Far Cry 3 but with mountains instead of beaches. But that is not a bad thing. I loved Far Cry 3 and I'm loving Far Cry 4. There is so much stuff to do in the game that it's unbelievable. The only downside is, when liberating outposts, I'm taking them out one by one with a sniper rifle and they just go back to their daily lives after looking for me for a minute. I mean, come on man, your buddy has a hole in his head over there, don't you think you should investigate further? Still great game. I only wish other games had this much content. Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2014
    Far Cry 4 has beautiful graphics, great mechanics, and a wonderfully built world filled with tons of things to kill or be killed by. This is my favorite game on PS4 right now. I was waiting for a great open world game like this to come out on next gen. The story doesn't draw you in, but everything else does. I feel like too many games take a long time before giving you the freedom toFar Cry 4 has beautiful graphics, great mechanics, and a wonderfully built world filled with tons of things to kill or be killed by. This is my favorite game on PS4 right now. I was waiting for a great open world game like this to come out on next gen. The story doesn't draw you in, but everything else does. I feel like too many games take a long time before giving you the freedom to explore and just mess around at your own pace; not this game. I was pleased to be let loose in the open world just minutes after starting the game. Great game! Expand
  94. Nov 21, 2014
    brilliant is the first thing in my head a couple of hours into the game and my opinion has jumped to amazing ten hours into the game. from hunting, exploring, random chaos the game is a well done mark up from far cry 3. the only downside is the characters are a little weaker than the last edition but thats such a minor point given there is so much more on offer in the world, half the timebrilliant is the first thing in my head a couple of hours into the game and my opinion has jumped to amazing ten hours into the game. from hunting, exploring, random chaos the game is a well done mark up from far cry 3. the only downside is the characters are a little weaker than the last edition but thats such a minor point given there is so much more on offer in the world, half the time you forget there is a main story mission because you are lost in the hunting, discovering and side quests. top top game thats going to keep me coming back time and time again Expand
  95. Nov 23, 2014
    Amazing, improved over far cry 3. Love how you actually have to work to earn signatures, and the arena is awesome. The story is kind of iffy but the gameplay more than makes up for it's stories shortcomings
  96. Dec 5, 2014
    Found myself frustrated with game play early on but it gets better as you upgrade yourself. The map is huge and the guns are crazy. Felt much weaker than Far Cry 3. Game play lacks that something special. Solid game.
  97. Jan 29, 2015
    Disclaimer: I would like to give this a 7.5 but the cons force me to round down rather than up.

Far Cry 4 is a fun romp through a well designed, well detailed atmosphere. Neither of these are foreign concepts to Ubisoft, as they've consistently designed amazing locales for both the Assassin's Creed and Far Cry series. Graphically, it looks great and the gameplay is the typical, somewhat twitchy, first person controls that Ubisoft still hasn't really nailed down as well as other studios. I absolutely love the music in the game as it genuinely compliments the locale and really helps immerse the player into the game.

Unfortunately, that's where my praise ends. Far Cry 4 suffers from the typical Ubisoft sandbox problem of cramming an insane amount of fluff in between a very weak, short, main story arc. If someone simply focuses on the story missions and the character named side missions themselves, the game could probably be completed in 10 hours or less. The rest of the time spent will be looking around a limited amount of side activities, almost all involving going to a point and killing enemies or defending a point or by racing, and (literally) hundreds of collectibles. Collectible hunting wouldn't be bad if they continually added to character growth but after a certain point they no longer matter. Trophies/Achievements generally require half (or less) of each collectible type to unlock and the "Karma rating" is easy to peak at max level before even reaching the northern areas of Kyrat. The player will earn more than enough XP to unlock every single skill long before collecting all of the hundreds of items so, outside of sitting in a menu reading a few context blurbs, there's little incentive to bother collecting EVERYTHING.

Ubisoft also needs to invest in writers who are capable of character development. Ajay Ghalle is a bland protagonist with whom I feel no connection or investment, much like Aiden Pierce of Ubisoft's Watch_Dogs title from earlier in 2014. Also like Watch_Dogs, the secondary characters are cliched and unremarkable. I feel no compelling reason to care about the Golden Path and their "leaders" do not help their case at all. The most charismatic and humanized characters are the so called villains - Pagan Min and Noore most specifically. While playing, I couldn't help but feel the game would have been so much better if it presented you with a path at the beginning where you could work with Pagan Min, Ghalle legacy be damned. This would have offered much more replay value and could have effectively turned FC4 into two distinct experiences - one as the returning rebel champion (the current game) and one where Ajay turns his fame into despotic power.

Then there's the stretching of the imagination. For a country embroiled in civil war for at least two decades and extremely remote (the area is basically supposed to be on the borders of Nepal, China, and India), I find it odd that many NPCs you run into will be up to date on technology and social media trends. Radio Free Kyrat's office is a falling down shack with a whole lot of technology in it and its DJ, the annoying Rabi Ray Rana, is constantly referencing "first world problems" as if Kyrat were a Mexican border town stealing U.S. Wifi while dealing with the Cartel. Given the remote tribal areas (look up Sikkim on Wikipedia for a sense of where this game takes place), these references make zero sense.

All that said, I still give the game a 7.5 overall because it's fun to play and the locale is so intriguing. Multiplayer is hit or miss and coop is particularly fun, except for the fact that Hurk is annoying as hell. Even though it's pointless to collect everything, it's fun to collect enough to learn a decent amount of Kyrati history. Being sent into other places like Shangri-La and The Himalayas adds another layer of depth to the game that makes it stand out. In fairness, the Shangri-La sections were, quite possibly, my favorite moments the game had to offer. Frankly, if you look at my review tendencies, you'll find that a 7.5 is actually fairly favorable, overall.

But it does get repetitive, and fast. Ultimately, that repetitiveness, plus the very weak story, the continued twitchy driving controls, and the idiotic "lets throw 1000 pounds of armor on heavy mobs to make them 'harder'" Ubisoft mentality make me drop the game down a few notches. It's still very much worth playing, perhaps when the game goes on sale or perhaps as a rental.
  98. Dec 6, 2014
    I just got every single trophy there was in this game and I have only done that 6 times ever. To put that in to context I have over 2700 trophies.

Good: Shooting is solid and rewarding. Money actually matters. Lots of things to do. Keep you busy for 30 hours+. Lots to collect. Fair trophies. Bad: Story is pretty crap (I don't really care though). Coop cannot play main

Good:

Shooting is solid and rewarding.
    Money actually matters.
    Lots of things to do.
    Keep you busy for 30 hours+.
    Lots to collect.
    Fair trophies.

Bad:
    Story is pretty crap (I don't really care though).
    Coop cannot play main stories.

If you liked #3 it is no brainer, get it. If you are new to the series it is nothing like COD, not like any FPS out there really. I have not played any better FPS (warning I do not like COD).
  99. Jan 12, 2015
    This is pretty much Far Cry 3, but better.

Everything you liked about Far Cry 3 will be in this game, with the addition of even more.

I do think that there is some limitations in terms of what you can put on the previous generation, and keep in balance with the current generation, but if you own a PS4, I'd recommend this.

7.1/10
  100. Dec 25, 2014
    This Game is Amazing!! The Graphics are amazing and sometimes breathtaking! Story is cool and entertaining, multiplayer is fuun.. side quests are maybe a huge boost for the game.. its like you have played 5 hours or more of just side quests and story soo its amazing. Totally recommend it.. It deserves a better score but ubisoft haters man (I hate it too but this game is amazing).

1. Jan 14, 2015
    For enthusiast of pure fun and open world shooting. Everything's in its right place and perfectly arranged, with added bonus of cooperative adventures.
  2. Jan 13, 2015
    An overwhelming adventure full of violence, warring factions, exploration and the craziest badgers you’ll ever see.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 13, 2015
    A wild and varied sandbox shooter that dazzles with sublime scenery and delights with a thriving animal ecosystem. Frosty fun guaranteed. [Jan 2015, p.75]