3.5

1. Feb 20, 2019
    The best DLC out of all of the Far Cry 5 DLC. If you read my other reviews you'll know I'm a fan of the zombie gimmick. Also this game has John Carpenter's Escape from New York vibe to it. But that's not enough to make it good. It's short and once again just feels like it takes a Far Cry 5 coat of paint and slaps it on these scenarios that these the kids of executives at Ubisoft came upThe best DLC out of all of the Far Cry 5 DLC. If you read my other reviews you'll know I'm a fan of the zombie gimmick. Also this game has John Carpenter's Escape from New York vibe to it. But that's not enough to make it good. It's short and once again just feels like it takes a Far Cry 5 coat of paint and slaps it on these scenarios that these the kids of executives at Ubisoft came up with. Didn't take anything good from Far Cry 5, so yeh, not that great but does have it's moments. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2019
    Good god, this was a torturous play. Far Cry is one of my favorite series and FC3: Blood Dragon is one of my favorite games... but that tone was not captured at all with this DLC. Far Cry and Zombies simply do not mix for so many reasons: the first is that Far Cry is largely a game in which you stake out targets, plan attacks, and execute with as much stealth as possible. Running andGood god, this was a torturous play. Far Cry is one of my favorite series and FC3: Blood Dragon is one of my favorite games... but that tone was not captured at all with this DLC. Far Cry and Zombies simply do not mix for so many reasons: the first is that Far Cry is largely a game in which you stake out targets, plan attacks, and execute with as much stealth as possible. Running and gunning is fun as well but when everything is chasing you AND moving faster than you, you don't have time to reload or heal or anything (reason #2). Mix that with the worst game mechanic in history (the put out fire / heal sharing the same button... reason #3) and you've got one of the most frustrating gaming experiences of all time. Part of the comedy is that this is all Guy Marvel's brainstorm session but the joke wears thin after the second pitch and then the entire thing becomes tired (reason #4).

After the 5th pitch, I had more than enough... and there were still 2 to go. This makes me want to go back and play Hours of Darkness again. It's repetitive, tedious, frustrating, and dare I say annoying after awhile. I don't imagine myself ever touching this again.
  3. Sep 18, 2018
    its quite an ok game, some funny moments and nice maps. Not a full open world; people expect a bit too much from a 7-8 bucks
  4. Sep 3, 2018
    This continues pretty much on the same path as the previous 2. Cheesy jokes, sarcasm and mockery while shooting maybe to complement the a lot more serious at times noir tone of Far Cry 5, good/ok shooter non the less, still prefer the Vietnam one. Far Cry 5 Gold edition at a reduced price now surely worth it plus you get Far Cry 3 for free.
  5. Sep 3, 2018
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Sep 7, 2018
    The worst among the DLC produced by Ubisoft for its open world shooter.
  2. Aug 30, 2018
    Developer Ubisoft almost had a real winner on its hands, but it couldn’t quite come up with a way to make killing these simple zombies feel less repetitive.
  3. Aug 30, 2018
    Dead Living Zombies practically closes the content for Far Cry 5. From now on, you can only find new levels made by the community in the Arcade Mode. As an individual chapter, I think it doesn't live up to the quality of the main campaign. The first minutes were fun, but the novelty runs out quickly.