6.7

1. Mar 24, 2019
    Pretty good game, this episode is like the small continuation of a dream, after all the hardships the protagonist and his servants went through, they finally have a family, and a little girl to take care of. The little bits of interactions they had (not much though sadly) and the way they care for each other in this episode made me smile because I knew it was what they wanted through allPretty good game, this episode is like the small continuation of a dream, after all the hardships the protagonist and his servants went through, they finally have a family, and a little girl to take care of. The little bits of interactions they had (not much though sadly) and the way they care for each other in this episode made me smile because I knew it was what they wanted through all three previous episodes (and particularly CCC). Anyway, it is stated to be a filler episode, here to give us some appetizers before the true sequel, and as such I will say that it's a pretty decent game, with better mechanics and graphics than previous games, it is also fun and gives you a way to just rush and destroy everything in your path with your favorite servant, and despite a simple story where you just beat a bad guy who wants to control SE.RA.PH, I think it's pretty ok, as we got a little something which is really fun to play while we wait for the true sequel for which I will have much much more expectations. Considering this game as it is and it's purpose, that's why I will give it a 9/10. Definitely a good game to kill time while enjoying a side story of the Extraverse. Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2019
    This game offers a great hack and slash experience, along with beautiful scenarios and good animations.
  3. Mar 24, 2019
    First and foremost, I'm an avid Fate fckboi, played the VN's, watched the anime shows, read the LN, you name it. I liked the first game, it had an interesting plot, a lot of servants had a placement in the story. People hated it due to dodgy gameplay.

Well, let me start this mini review-rant thingy with the story. Oh, my God, the story. If I say it's worse than Twilight, you can get an idea of how bad, dull and nonsensical it is. And 3 people wrote it. Yeah...
    The only positive; it's shorter than your bf's weewee, so the torture only lasts for a couple of hours.
    Without spoilers - again -, it's a generic "badguyshowsupwoahhgoodguyshowsupheeeykillkilldonegohomekthxbye" kind of story, and not in a good way. All in all, forget the story, it's dull, boring, servants has no real functions other than "woahhh, they are in the GAME, BOY!!!!".

Graphics; same old, recycled from the first game, not good, not bad, it's adequate. Moving on.

Gameplay; here, the devs tried to polish things up a bit, which they did. Gameplay more seamless, less frustrating, the AI now actually helps you a lot. The 1 point out of 3 comes here.

Interaction / maps; a tad more user friendly, but still not quite. Though much better than the first game. 2nd good point comes here.

Music/voices; the OST is friggin awesome! I always had that "messing with the turd game while listening to that amazing soundtrack" feeling. 3rd good point comes here.

Extra content; copy+paste from the first game. You can do "side stories" (ie.: they say 1-2 line during the fight) for every servant. What else? Yeah, brainless grind up to lvl 150 if you hate yourself (story finishes on lvl 50 or so).

And pretty much that's it. Humour is pretty much non-existent also, Astolfo can break the ice here and there, but not necessarily in a funny way. Bad guy is blander than my Tesco value coffee. Replay value 0, zero, nada.

TL;DR: if you are a FATE fan, get it at with at least a 50% discount. If not, avoid it like the plague.
  4. Jul 31, 2019
    Marvelous learned their lesson from Umbral Star. Link improves several gameplay aspects and makes it way more interesting than it's predecessor. EM spamming is gone and instead we have a very interesting active skill system and fast charging ultimate ability, this makes the missions go faster now.

The story for this game is not very interesting, but the chemistry between the cast can provide funny gags and makes it a fun experience. Sadly, with the futuristic AI time traveling focus of the Fate Extra and Extella lore, the storylines for this franchise can be very convoluted and confusing to follow.

Link also provides online PvP and a large number of individual scenarios not linked to the campaign. There are more unlockable costumes for every character and some even receive DLC costumes.

The game also brings an improved and larger roster of characters, and thanks to the gameplay changes, you'll notice changes on the playstyle according to you who are using.

Very recommended game if you like musou games and the Fate franchise.
  5. Apr 3, 2019
    If you played the last game, The Umbral Star, this is a step up in many directions. Extella Link improves on many things that its predecessor game set up the foundation for, as well as addressing many user feedback from the first game.

Story: The story can split up the playerbase into two sections. Players who liked the complexity and time-looping etc of the first game, and players who got way too confused on what was going on. Extella Link takes a simplistic story approach that is the complete opposite on The Umbral Star. While this appeals to players, and probably addresses player concerns on the convoluted story from the previous game, since the Fate Series/Nasuverse series is known for great stories, this may certainly be Link's weakest point. In addition, there is one key part of Link's story that completely contradicts what we knew in the Umbral Star (and is not explained), which also confuses players who played the previous game. Story: 6/10

Gameplay: The gameplay in Link is really fun. The gameplay is more flexible in how you want to take over sectors, and super moves like Noble Phantasms are tuned for moderate use rather than a one-time-use. Skills can be customized and each Servant has a unique playstyle that devastates enemies. Compared to other Musou games, like the Dynasty Warriors series, each Servant feels more unique and different than the generals/officers in Dynasty warriors. Gameplay: 9/10.

Graphics & Sound: The graphics make a tremendous improvement from the previous game. The japanese voice lines feel powerful and follow many of the famous quotes FATE players know from either the VN/Anime or from the mobile game FGO. In addition, they added subtitles for the Noble Phantasms which is a good quality of life improvement for the NA/EU playerbase. Graphics & Sound :9/10

Overall: Because of the many improvements in gameplay and graphics, I'm willing to overlook the story for this game, and hope they improve on it on the next iteration, given enough support. Considering all the improvements and how fun it is to play, I'd give it a 8.5/10.
  6. Apr 5, 2019
    well they notice what the prequel done wrong and make the game better BARVO.
    but still they choose add more origin character in game this is fate-verse (NASU) please add some new legend character may be Galileo,Adam, there should be more character more from other than in Anime,VN or FGO mobile or original like Emiya(Archer) to and more variety in the game just say so.
  7. Apr 26, 2019
    Without spoilers - again -, it's a generic
    Without spoilers - again -, it's a generic oof"badguyshowsupwoahhgoodguyshowsupheeeykillkilldonegohomekthxbye" kind of story, and not in a good way. All in all, forget the story, it's dull, boring, servants has no real functions other than "woahhh, they are in the GAME, BOY!!!!".
  8. Apr 26, 2019

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. May 20, 2019
    Though it doesn’t break the mold (and in some ways steps back a bit in terms of narrative scope) Fate/Extella Link is the ideal sequel, holding tight to what worked best about Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star and building on that foundation with a set of well-thought-out additions and changes. Fans of the previous entry and the Fate franchise should give it a look.
  2. May 6, 2019
    Good old fashioned and accessible Warriors-style action wrapped in a story full of pre-established lore from the Fate series. Particularly great for those new to Musou.
  3. Apr 12, 2019
    Fate/EXTELLA LINK builds on The Umbral Star very well in terms of visuals, gameplay, and mechanics.