- Summary: EA SPORTS FIFA 17 The Journey isa new game mode powered by Frostbite. Immersed in The Journey, fans live their story on and off the pitch as Premier League prospect, Alex Hunter who is looking to make his mark. Fans visit new football worlds, meet new characters full of depth, and navigateEA SPORTS FIFA 17 The Journey isa new game mode powered by Frostbite. Immersed in The Journey, fans live their story on and off the pitch as Premier League prospect, Alex Hunter who is looking to make his mark. Fans visit new football worlds, meet new characters full of depth, and navigate emotional highs and lows of their unique story arc through decisions off the pitch, their performance on it, and character interactions throughout the 2016/17 season while playing for any of the 20 Premier League clubs. [Electronic Arts]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
FIFA 17 - Reveal Trailer
Autoplay On Off
Oct 5, 2016All I want is a great career mode. And as I said, that's one area where FIFA 17 stands head and shoulders above its peers. I don't know if that means that it's toppled NBA 2K17 as the best sports game around, but I think, thanks to The Journey, there's certainly a conversation to be had there.
Playstation Official Magazine UKNov 21, 2016An assured, confident outing with barrels of both quantity and quality. Physical play is more rewarding than last year; attacking play's more excitingly incisive, and The Journey's a great experiment. [Dec 2016, p.74]
Oct 1, 2016The first FIFA in a long time to introduce something new. FIFA 17’s The Journey mode starts strongly but maybe needs a bit more story to make it truly engaging but overall its a nice addition to what is a very good, and immensely detailed, football game.
Sep 27, 2016best game i cant fault this game its the best game ever i hope ea continues creating great games like this i love the new manager and journeybest game i cant fault this game its the best game ever i hope ea continues creating great games like this i love the new manager and journey mode they are sooo much fun… Expand
Oct 1, 2016One of the best games by far and offers new game modes that are great and improved on, one of the new features is "The Journey" which isOne of the best games by far and offers new game modes that are great and improved on, one of the new features is "The Journey" which is incredible and the story does truly change depending on what you do with it. My main criticism comes from the lack of improvement in Career mode and all It's bugs but that will be fixed soon.… Expand
Jun 13, 2017I play football game since the first PES on PS ONE and FIFA 98 on a computer, football game can be very complicated to make, i think theI play football game since the first PES on PS ONE and FIFA 98 on a computer, football game can be very complicated to make, i think the biggest challenge is that you want a satisfying game in about 15-20 mins session, in real world it's a 90 mins game, the overall pace can be very tricky to set.
On FIFA 17, the animation is improved, feels more natural, the AI response somehow feels more natural too, I played against some weaker teams, you can see they make mistakes. The atomsphere is also great, althought sometime can be a little bit overwhelming...
The overall pace, good. Playing against AI, you will notice the game is focused on attack rather than defence, if you set the difficulty too high, it can be impossible to take the ball from the AI. Through ball can be very effective, often result in a completely shattered defence.
They journey mode is also a thumb up.… Expand
Mar 4, 2017Firstly the pro's:
1) The graphics have been touched up, it looks very nice. 2) The stadium atmospheres are usually good (but not always -Firstly the pro's:
1) The graphics have been touched up, it looks very nice.
2) The stadium atmospheres are usually good (but not always - more on that later)
3) All the latest kits, transfers, etc etc as well as ratings frequently updated to reflect form.
4) Variety of goals you can score is good and the ball physics are pretty spot on.
5) I enjoyed The Journey - I wish it was longer, maybe even over the course of a career. It feels too short but it was interesting, if they expand on it it could be the first sports game/RPG for some time.
1) Strength is just overpowered - players are free to shoulder charge you off the ball with no punishment - this becomes a much bigger issue on higher difficulties and online
2) Bad AI. In short EA is just too lazy to develop decent AI and, instead, just makes players perform way beyond there stats i.e. slow defenders catch up to 99 pace/speed players with ease.
3) Offline mode. Clearly this has been abandoned for years now - same title screens, same formula. complete lack of depth in terms of developing youngsters and having an academy, an utterly useless addition of 'controlling your budget' which basically is the same choose ratio of wages & spends. All in all it feels exactly like '15 and '16 - not good enough,
4) There are still issues over passing - the amount of times a pass will go to the exact player you do not want it to go to is ludicrous, it is so ham fisted and really detracts from the game.
5) Career mode - same old problems - players randomly deciding they want to leave (usually your best players) - negotiations being very very basic (it doesnt have to be champ manager level but it could have a little more sophistication) - other teams just being terrible (2/3's of the way through a season and the 2nd place team has like 38 points its just stupid, make the good teams more competitive so I have so worry about actually losing a game. The list is endless for career mode honestly.
In short my gripe is that, for a 'new' game, I expect new additions and features. The only new addition that stands out is The Journey - everything else is just Fifa 15 & 16. The offline play has had literally zero attention paid to it and we all know why: FUT. I know this is popular, and I know EA make some serious money off of this, but it is not for everyone. The offline game should be the basis of the game not some after thought but, with Fifa, it is. For me I wish I would have got a refund when I had the chance and just kept playing Fifa 16, honestly the differences offline are so small it would make little to no difference. The game, in itself, if you ignore the previous titles, is probably a 6 or a 7 if your being very generous but it's the complete lack of progress in the series that really grates - Fifa focuses all its effort on FUT and the rest of the game suffers. They are milking the cash cow and it makes players, at least it makes me, feel ripped off. I really don't think I'll buy Fifa 18 unless large scale changes to offline mode are made - if they don't I can just keep play '17: if offline play is your thing I would choose another game as Fifa 17 just cannot cut it.… Expand
Oct 6, 2017This game is a wreck of cramps, wherever you look is a smashing of cramps, a lot of handicap, the gameplay is horrible, and the fut championsThis game is a wreck of cramps, wherever you look is a smashing of cramps, a lot of handicap, the gameplay is horrible, and the fut champions is tormenting and lousy, I didn´t like the game FOR NOTHING!!!… Expand
Mar 17, 2017If you play mostly online, you may get a lot enjoyment out of fifa 17. I played a couple clubs drop in games and i liked it. The increasedIf you play mostly online, you may get a lot enjoyment out of fifa 17. I played a couple clubs drop in games and i liked it. The increased physicality means the little speedy guys no longer dominate, which is great.
But I'm mostly a career guy.… Expand
Sep 27, 2016SAME THING EVERY YEAR. I swear this is the same thing every single year, maybe a bit better mechanics, new rosters, but really EA? NoSAME THING EVERY YEAR. I swear this is the same thing every single year, maybe a bit better mechanics, new rosters, but really EA? No substance in this game. good presentation, but no substance. the journey was a good start, but it could have been much more expansive and varied. as a game that comes out every year and improves on LITERALLY NOTHING, THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD WANT TO GET THIS IS FOR THE ROSTER. only reason, either that or you like throwing your game in the garbage. just another meaningless, soul-less cash grab from EA your cold corporate overlords. yet you know what? you're still going to buy this because of mob mentality and hype, youre friends are going to get this and so are you.… Expand