0.8

Overwhelming dislike- based on 2119 Ratings

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 8, 2020
    No serie b lacking so many serie a licences still havent fixed the league of ireland start dates 10 years on having the licence they tried to make the career mode better but only made it more tedious stick with fifa 20 such a shame as i expected a great fifa for the ps5,xbox series x
  2. Oct 9, 2020
    The packs in UT (from my experience) are pretty balanced luck-wise (especially compared to FIFA 18). The AI is not amazing, but it can be better based on the difficulty obviously. The gameplay besides that is pretty good. I was forced out of a match due to "connection issues" despite having no issues. The career mode is good, however the current inflation in football makes some players wayThe packs in UT (from my experience) are pretty balanced luck-wise (especially compared to FIFA 18). The AI is not amazing, but it can be better based on the difficulty obviously. The gameplay besides that is pretty good. I was forced out of a match due to "connection issues" despite having no issues. The career mode is good, however the current inflation in football makes some players way too expensive. Overall, it's alright I guess Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2020
    To be fair fifa 21 is quite a different game from fifa 20. Sure problems still exist but i have to say the fluid gameplay of fifa 21 is a refreshing change to fifa 20. This game is what fifa 20 should have been. At least ea put some effort in to make it somewhat better. As always ea puts jn the most effort into fut and not much anywhere else. I sincerely hope ea update patches willTo be fair fifa 21 is quite a different game from fifa 20. Sure problems still exist but i have to say the fluid gameplay of fifa 21 is a refreshing change to fifa 20. This game is what fifa 20 should have been. At least ea put some effort in to make it somewhat better. As always ea puts jn the most effort into fut and not much anywhere else. I sincerely hope ea update patches will improve the game further not make it worse. Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2020
    More of the usual but without any major flaws. Of course pace still wins the game and of course it’s P2W (it’s EA and they don’t care for the poor people! Evil company). But aside for that it’s still the best football game by a really long margin...
  5. Oct 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate FIFA 20.... but 21 is solid so far, just a few bugs here and there (in the menu's), but they've fixed a number of the issues in FIFA 20.

They also need to reward the FUT rewards that were promised in FUT 20, for FUT 21, but otherwise... the game play is 75/100.
  6. Oct 13, 2020
    Disclaimer: I play club seasons online, almost exclusively.

I've never come across a large enterprise that has so little interest in creating a product that feels satisfying and entertaining to their customers. It's astonishing how disinterested they are in creating an experience that is reminiscent of what we love about football. Instead they bring us excruciating frustration.
    Disclaimer: I play club seasons online, almost exclusively.

Instead they bring us excruciating frustration.

First evening the game felt extremely responsive, and fun. Both attacking and defending felt fun, even though I conceded goals. The flow of things and movement of players was faster and more fluid than before.

Of course, this didn't last. Within hours things slowed down. Sluggish movement, lagging gameplay and all the things we know all too well from Fifa. I play via 500/500 fibre connection. It remains like that.

- Keepers this year is absolutely non-existent, btw. It's ridiculous. Most shots on target will go in.
    - Beforehand it was announced that they would amend chaotic situations with player collisions. I've seen more of this stupid stuff than ever before.
    - It's also detrimental to the experience that they let opponents cancel your celebrations/replays. Football is about big moments. I get that it could be trimmed down, but to put the power to end a replay in the hands of an opponent is just blatantly ignoring a huge part of football. Joy and celebration. Emotions.

A perfect Fifa should essentially work like an RPG: (your stats)*(your skills)= the outcome and resulting gameplay. Instead players and games are constantly effected by server performances below par which inhibit their development within the games mechanics. You could work many hours trying to learn the game's mechanics, but truth is the performance of those mechanics are constantly manipulated by inconsistent servers.

The game looks good, the darker presentation is more pleasing to the eye than in a long time. The soundtrack is also a lot less annoying than recent years which is good. But the game itself is just a tweak of an old recipe. They enhance and reduce certain mechanics usability each year. That's basically it. This year headers are back. Next year through passes might be a waste of time.
  7. Oct 23, 2020
    Tackling -especially short tackling is very unrealistic, if your tackle fails the tackler will be totally dead and useless. I have reported this before to fifplay and it seems it was considered in the latest title update but the issue still exists. Another thing is the shaking of the post which is not realistic, it works well at volta but not for the normal pitch.
  8. Mar 9, 2021
    I'm not going to give it a 0 like most reviewers here because it's reasonably entertaining, but honestly - who is requesting these ridiculous 6-5, 5-4 scores in a soccer game? Is it made for children who just want to score as many goals as possible?

Why wouldn't they at least have the option to play a "simulation" mode to avoid this silly arcade gamey stuff? I'm Canadian so I bought Jonathan David in my first season - he scored 8 goals in his first game. EIGHT. I have no interest in picking it back up again because of the astounding lack of realism.
  9. May 22, 2021
    Sadly just the same as FIFA 20. Literally no further improvement. Pro Clubs still so overlooked. A few new features in FUT that will be ignored after 2 hours. Volta coop I guess? But who really cares about that mode? The core of the game remains enjoyable thanks to its quality built over the years, but the progress could grow so much faster…

And PES is a poor game, so they don’t give us

And PES is a poor game, so they don’t give us any other choice than either buying their game, or buying none.
  10. Oct 12, 2020
    Well... Where to start really...

Worth noting that this game is a definite improvement on FIFA 20, however that’s not saying much because it couldn’t have gotten much worse. Essentially the same game with a few fine tuned gameplay elements, the game’s passing and players making runs behind does seemed to be a bit of an improvement. Also a nice, albeit subtle, presentation element is the
    Well... Where to start really...

Essentially the same game with a few fine tuned gameplay elements, the game’s passing and players making runs behind does seemed to be a bit of an improvement. Also a nice, albeit subtle, presentation element is the inclusion of traditional songs before games that weren’t previously present: This is the One (Man United); Blue Moon (City), Liquidator (Chelsea).. theyre all there and it’s a nice touch. However, for everything good this FIFA does, at a minimum it does an equal number of things badly... Defending is considerably harder this year, which isn’t necessarily a bit thing as long as there was reasoning behind it. However, a lot of the tackling doesn’t make sense and the AI does nothing to help you in situations where it usually would.

Presentation wise, despite what I said before, seems to be lagging at this point. The same reused animations for the last 6 years, along with commentary that’s in desperate need of innovation... also, a small point - Man United walk out of the OT tunnel on the wrong side?... like, this is very menial but Jesus Christ it’s a basic unnecessary error. You only have to watch a United game to see they walk out on the opposite side...

As for the goalkeeping, don’t get me started. A top keeper can go from making an unbelievable close range save to watching a slow 40 yard shot just meander in without making an attempt to save, very odd.

What’s also painfully evident at this point is the triggered animations and the general AI positioning. Everything feels pre determined and it’s completely unintuitive with being able to make decisions on the fly. Your players also don’t move in to space and hang offside a lot of the time. These floors are becoming painfully obviously in a next gen era where the likes of PES are so superior gameplay wise it’s not even funny.

As for game modes... FUT is what it is - the cash cow that keep EA Sports relevant. Without it they’d be nothing with the quality of the game they produce. I personally don’t play it, namely because I don’t fancy investing $100’s to just get a half decent team.

As for everything else... career mode is disappointingly stale now, despite them banging on about changes they’re pretty rudimentary and really don’t make much difference to the experience at all... Volta? Genuinely what is the point. It’s not fun, it’s not fifa street, so just can it. So what to say... you’d hope they pulled a half arsed effort out because they’re concentrating on the next gen version of the game. That’s the optimistic take, but I’m sure they’ll just keep churning out mediocrity until the end of days... so sad, this series used to be so cutting edge and enjoyable.
  11. Oct 15, 2020
    I don't get why EA does this stuff im starting to think they really don't give an actual **** about one of their biggest franchise I mean I write this as a frustrated Fifa fan that I am, ive sucked with the franchise since 04 and it seems they just don't care anymore, they scrwed the whole defensive system and made de goalkeapers just dumb
  12. May 14, 2021
    Remember when people talked about how AI was going to take over the world? Rest assured, FIFA21's AI isn't that smart. Even the IQ of my toaster is greater than that.

You can make the game much better by only considering the successful points made in FIFA19 and PES2013 and the mods made by the mod communities. I'm afraid PES2022 will be better than FIFA22.
  13. Oct 9, 2020
    Not really a new Game but at least a little new Stuff. I have Fun with the Career Mod. Don't know and care about Ultimate Team. For me Fifa 21 is better then Fifa 20. What is really a Shame: The Ratings of the Bayern-Player are a Joke. They are the current CL-Winner and done this undefeated.
  14. Oct 3, 2021
    0.8? Notes here are a joke. Everybody knows it is not worth paying the full retail price if you already have the last iteration and are not a hardcore fifa player. But the note should be about the quality of the game itself not about EA economic model.

Well...then, my honest review. ;) I am a career mode player and I personnaly appreciated this Fifa 21. Having the possibility to jump

Well...then, my honest review. ;)

I am a career mode player and I personnaly appreciated this Fifa 21. Having the possibility to jump in/out in a simulated game is gold. The option to change player position is nicely done. Managing sharpness is a little bit too time consuming in the beginning but after a while you can simulate almost every session. New player development is a mixed bag. I am delighted I don't have to play repetitive mini games to improve every attribute but it is way too easy to improve skill moves, wrong foot & work rate. These huge improvements should be limited (only 1 star to choose for each player) and come at a price. Atm, every young midfielders & forward can become 5 stars geniuses with high working rate in less than 6 months.

Gameplay wise, the game is almost the same as fifa 20 imo, only faster but you have the option to slow it down so it looks less inhuman. I almost never used the new ability to control the direction of my teammates runs but the option is there for the gifted players. As usual, defending is too hard. Defensive midfield abandon you and full backs deliberately leave huge spaces in their back. Playing the offside is very difficult and goalkeepers have not improved.

On legendary or Ultimate difficulty, you will suffer the classic Fifa scripts. If you lead 1-0, prepare yourself to see your best forward hit the post from a position he usually always scores while on the other side of the pitch your 90 rated defender controlled by the AI suddenly lose all defensive awareness and freeze so your opponent finally equalize at the last min of the game. Really really annoying game design.
  15. Oct 22, 2020
    Much like it's predecessor, FIFA 21 fails to innovate in almost every game mode. The manager mode introduces several new features, yet still feels in need of an overhaul. FIFA's flagship game mode in ultimate team remains largely unchanged, a few icons have been added and the added peripherals provide little reason to sink in endless hours into it all over again.
  16. Nov 3, 2020
    I must say I am surprised by this game. I have been a Fifa player for years upon years and I really reached the end of my tether last year after enduring the scripting, poor gameplay, pack abusing mentality of pay-to-win. However, the game seems to be making some strides this year to improve. There seems to be more opportunities at a lower in-game price to achieve better players. PremierI must say I am surprised by this game. I have been a Fifa player for years upon years and I really reached the end of my tether last year after enduring the scripting, poor gameplay, pack abusing mentality of pay-to-win. However, the game seems to be making some strides this year to improve. There seems to be more opportunities at a lower in-game price to achieve better players. Premier League POTM players for 50k on an SBC is progress. It is no secret this game needs to ditch the packs and the pay-to-win element but I cannot see that happening until EA is forced to do so. Therefore we must embrace little wins. I truly believe PES 2021 Season Update is a better alternative for those who purely want a career mode experience. The games feel more hard-fought, realistic and the whole experience is more rewarding. Konami need to develop their own rival to Pro Clubs and then we may see people shift as Pro Clubs is very neglected and could be the shining light of the FIFA experience. EA will not change until they are forced by government to remove gambling or forced by a fanbase that leaves to pursue a better experience.

On a plus note, for those that enjoy Ultimate Team - for the time being the changes seem positive. It remains to be seen if they stay that way but I am enjoying the experience currently.
  17. Nov 16, 2020
    Looks pretty but not much else. Feels like nothing has changed and nothing has been added.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 62 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 4, 2021
    Game for fans who either need to work online at FUT every day, or instead want to try a modified career mode, which is starting to really look like Football Manager. Otherwise, it's a decent update for the full price. [Issue#307]
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 18, 2020
    The FIFA series desperately needs a fresh start. Right now, it relies mainly on the Ultimate Team mode and marketing, while going around in circles. Instead of leaping into the future, FIFA 21 takes half a step forward and two steps sideways in an attempt to differentiate itself from its predecessor well enough to rationalize spending money. If you already own FIFA 20 and are not addicted to Ultimate Team, you can sit this one out. [12/2020, p.44]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 15, 2020
    A consummate package of shooting, slide tackling and swearing, but with some familiar current-gen frustrations. The saving grace could be FIFA 21’s free PS5 upgrade. [Issue#182, p.137]