8.7

1. May 12, 2015
    "Another remaster of another old gen game" does fit most of the games out there. But for this game, it does not! Seriously these are all the graphics you can do? You seriously don't add anything but revising it's graphics and it is not good at all. Square Enix most realize that next gen hardware demands next gen graphics and artstyles. This is a classic game and a must play but there is"Another remaster of another old gen game" does fit most of the games out there. But for this game, it does not! Seriously these are all the graphics you can do? You seriously don't add anything but revising it's graphics and it is not good at all. Square Enix most realize that next gen hardware demands next gen graphics and artstyles. This is a classic game and a must play but there is little reason to spend your money on this ps4 version of the game Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2017
    Great way to re-live a classic story and game. Great battle system and story. Visuals look good, but being a remaster of a PS2 game leads to some 'clunky' elements with is inevitable, due to the changes in games over time.
  3. Mar 20, 2018
    FF X made me cry - again - like a 10 year old. Unfortunately I can't say the same to X-2.
  4. Feb 19, 2019
    This review it's about FFX only. I've played 10 hours of the game and I'm very sad. I think the game aged bad, the turn-based combat is boring and the characters build customization is as boring as the combat... The soundtrack is very good and the characters are ok but the story and universe are boring too, you travel and see a lot of identical islands and dungeons, a lot of big citiesThis review it's about FFX only. I've played 10 hours of the game and I'm very sad. I think the game aged bad, the turn-based combat is boring and the characters build customization is as boring as the combat... The soundtrack is very good and the characters are ok but the story and universe are boring too, you travel and see a lot of identical islands and dungeons, a lot of big cities with nothing to do, just stores. The enemys and bosses are only animals, fishs, bugs so it's boring too... This game may have been really cool in the Ps3 era, but with the new FF's and new turn based games like Persona 5 and Dragon Quest XI it's ends up left behind Expand
  5. Mar 14, 2019
    Not sure exactly why everyone went nuts for this game, I thought it was fine, not great but fine, way to linear for my taste, the characters (besides Auron) are forgettable and really unlikable. The story was depressing and meh, but at least the combat was really good. The sequel X-2 is probably the worst FF game ever made, and that's saying something after playing ff13.
  6. Dec 22, 2018
    ** OVERALL 7.5/10 ** Gameplay 7/10 - Creativity 7/10 - Music 8/10 - Visuals 8/10 - Characters 9/10 - Plotline 7/10 - Emotional Engagement 7/10 - Replayability 6*/10 - Difficulty 7*/10

Overall, not a bad FF. Better than IX but not my favorite. While some of the characters started out a little weak, they were all pretty strong by the end. Decent visuals and music, though not spectacular. The Sphere Grid thing is a neat gimmick. Weirdly, for a game all about summoning, I almost never used my summons. I also wasn't tempted to do any side quests, I went straight for the end. There might be some replayability in that I might go back to do the post-game stuff eventually, though I suspect not.

Overall the game is pretty easy, even without grinding. Though every once in a while, an area has oddly powerful monsters and they take you by surprise, a few even killed me. So, it was a bit of a weird difficulty ramp. By the end, the last dungeon had very annoying monsters, so I found a No-Encounters item and equipped it and skipped all combat. The major difficulty spike is the end boss. Not any of the lead-ins to the endboss, but the real one. After a bunch of pushovers, all of a sudden one that will not only kick your ass, but unfairly and randomly, and then make you wade through the end of the dungeon, a very annoying scavenger hunt, and then a long and unskippable cutscene, over and over. I had to go through it twice, and almost a third time.

If you've played the other FF's of the modern era, this is as good, with some better and some mediocre elements. But worth a shot. Glad I went back for it. Not sure if I'll ever play it again, but it was fun.

1. Aug 12, 2015
    That's how remakes should be done. If you never played it before, even the price is right for more than 80 hours of playtime.
  2. Power Unlimited
    Jul 24, 2015
    FFX is still one of the best oldschool JRPG’s ever made. If you haven’t play this one you should totally pick up this bundle. [Jul 2015, p.067]
  3. Jun 27, 2015
    While it's still an essential part of any JRPG fan's collection, we recommend grabbing it on PS3/Vita instead. [Issue#162, p.104]