8.7

1. Apr 23, 2019
    I have played FF 1,7,8,9 and I can easily say that 10 bests them all. Being able to use every character in any given battle is really fun. I spend time figuring out ways to beat bosses without relying on summons, which is sometimes a puzzle in itself.
    Highly recommend.
  2. Mar 14, 2019
    Not sure exactly why everyone went nuts for this game, I thought it was fine, not great but fine, way to linear for my taste, the characters (besides Auron) are forgettable and really unlikable. The story was depressing and meh, but at least the combat was really good. The sequel X-2 is probably the worst FF game ever made, and that's saying something after playing ff13.
  3. Mar 3, 2019
    Uno de los mejores videojuegos jamás creados. Final Fantasy X cuenta con una de las historias más complejas de la industria, ofreciendo diferentes giros de guión que, al realizarlos en el momento preciso, nos mantienen enganchados a su trama en todo momento. Su sistema de combate es, para un servidor, el ideal en títulos de rol por turnos, contando con un ritmo pausado y a la vezUno de los mejores videojuegos jamás creados. Final Fantasy X cuenta con una de las historias más complejas de la industria, ofreciendo diferentes giros de guión que, al realizarlos en el momento preciso, nos mantienen enganchados a su trama en todo momento. Su sistema de combate es, para un servidor, el ideal en títulos de rol por turnos, contando con un ritmo pausado y a la vez frenético, permitiendo así concentrarnos en la pelea sin sentirnos realmente apurados. Su banda sonora es la mejor de la franquicia, con temas inolvidables que acompañan a algunos de los mejores momentos de la saga. Todos sus personajes cuentan con trasfondo, si bien es cierto que existen varios que destacan por encima del resto. Pese a contar con una jugabilidad algo pasillera, tenemos en este exponente una de las mejores obras jamás creadas. Expand
  4. Feb 19, 2019
    This review it's about FFX only. I've played 10 hours of the game and I'm very sad. I think the game aged bad, the turn-based combat is boring and the characters build customization is as boring as the combat... The soundtrack is very good and the characters are ok but the story and universe are boring too, you travel and see a lot of identical islands and dungeons, a lot of big citiesThis review it's about FFX only. I've played 10 hours of the game and I'm very sad. I think the game aged bad, the turn-based combat is boring and the characters build customization is as boring as the combat... The soundtrack is very good and the characters are ok but the story and universe are boring too, you travel and see a lot of identical islands and dungeons, a lot of big cities with nothing to do, just stores. The enemys and bosses are only animals, fishs, bugs so it's boring too... This game may have been really cool in the Ps3 era, but with the new FF's and new turn based games like Persona 5 and Dragon Quest XI it's ends up left behind Expand
  5. Dec 22, 2018
    ** OVERALL 7.5/10 ** Gameplay 7/10 - Creativity 7/10 - Music 8/10 - Visuals 8/10 - Characters 9/10 - Plotline 7/10 - Emotional Engagement 7/10 - Replayability 6*/10 - Difficulty 7*/10

Overall, not a bad FF. Better than IX but not my favorite. While some of the characters started out a little weak, they were all pretty strong by the end. Decent visuals and music, though not spectacular. The Sphere Grid thing is a neat gimmick. Weirdly, for a game all about summoning, I almost never used my summons. I also wasn't tempted to do any side quests, I went straight for the end. There might be some replayability in that I might go back to do the post-game stuff eventually, though I suspect not.

Overall the game is pretty easy, even without grinding. Though every once in a while, an area has oddly powerful monsters and they take you by surprise, a few even killed me. So, it was a bit of a weird difficulty ramp. By the end, the last dungeon had very annoying monsters, so I found a No-Encounters item and equipped it and skipped all combat. The major difficulty spike is the end boss. Not any of the lead-ins to the endboss, but the real one. After a bunch of pushovers, all of a sudden one that will not only kick your ass, but unfairly and randomly, and then make you wade through the end of the dungeon, a very annoying scavenger hunt, and then a long and unskippable cutscene, over and over. I had to go through it twice, and almost a third time.

If you've played the other FF's of the modern era, this is as good, with some better and some mediocre elements. But worth a shot. Glad I went back for it. Not sure if I'll ever play it again, but it was fun.
  6. Oct 23, 2018
    Universo rico, mitología preciosa, una narrativa digna de obra maestra, características que te mantienen jugando hasta el final un rpg las cumple, a pesar de la repetitividad de los combates que ya se nota han envejecido; envejecido muy bien a pesar de todo.
    No olvidemos la banda sonora, simplemente espectacular y lo mas importante que se utiliza en momentos perfectos.
    Un sistema de
    Un sistema de progresión de personajes realmente interesante y divertido que incita a la creatividad del jugador y no solo a acumular experiencia.
    Lo que mas me gusto de este juego y me marco sin duda fue la historia ... como esta construido el universo y el paralelismo de una historia del pasado que influye mucho en la del presente llevada y contada de manera magistral.
  7. Aug 19, 2018
    FFX-2 Is still a trash game even with the HD. It doesn't change the actual game being bad. It just looks a bit better while being absolutely intolerable from dungeon design to script, to plot progression, to voice acting, to gameplay, to core loop, to literally everything.
    This game should be burned and buried in a desert.
    FFX isn't a bad game, so the score is higher than what would
    This game should be burned and buried in a desert.
    FFX isn't a bad game, so the score is higher than what would otherwise have been a 0.
  8. Apr 28, 2018
    One of my favourite Final Fantasy! In my opinion this was the last good Final Fantasy in the series. I was so happy that I get to play it again but this time on the PS4
  9. Apr 10, 2018
    I never played this game upon its original release, so I have no nostalgia associated with this game. With that aside, Final Fantasy X is a fantastic game. I haven't touched X-2, but for X alone this collection is worthwhile. This is easily 1 of the top 10 RPGs I've ever played.
  10. Mar 20, 2018
    FF X made me cry - again - like a 10 year old. Unfortunately I can't say the same to X-2.
  11. Feb 26, 2018
    Final Fantasy X is one of my favourite games of all time, The game is fun and has a lot of content to play through, The story was very interesting, Tidus and Yuna were likeable protagonists.
    The gameplay was fun, I mostly used Auron and Tidus. I like how the game lets you switch between characters during battle, making sure you use most of the characters.
    The best thing about this game
    The best thing about this game is the soundtrack. The game features the best soundtrack in all of gaming.

After you beat the game there are many sidequests, all of which are fun and interesting,
    I give this game a 10/10
  12. Feb 10, 2018
    Final Fantasy X is up there as one of my favorite games of all time. The story, soundtrack and turned based combat all combine into what is probably the best final fantasy game in the series. One of the few games that I own that I could see myself coming back to play every now and then. I can honestly say there isn't anything I would change about it.

X-2 is also a fun game not up to the

X-2 is also a fun game not up to the standards of X but enjoyable none the less. The story is significantly more light hearted which is why a lot of people shun it, but it probably has the best combat system of any final fantasy game that I have played.
  13. Dec 8, 2017
    FFX is my number game of all time well worth it for fans of RPG games a note that the grind and difficulty without some research end game can be brutal for newbies of RPG games, a friend of mine had five copies of FFX that he either snapped on purpose or destroyed lol. FFX2 is kinda of a love hate for me stupid Story with some bad guys that remind me of team rocket from Pokemon filled withFFX is my number game of all time well worth it for fans of RPG games a note that the grind and difficulty without some research end game can be brutal for newbies of RPG games, a friend of mine had five copies of FFX that he either snapped on purpose or destroyed lol. FFX2 is kinda of a love hate for me stupid Story with some bad guys that remind me of team rocket from Pokemon filled with stupid mini games and a brutal 100% very missable story trophy which means it has to be done with a guide for trophy hunters, What makes if worth it is the amazing job system and combat. Expand
  14. Nov 12, 2017
    Final Fantasy X is definitely the most Final Fantasy-like game. It mixes old concepts like the old JRPG turn system and new, interesting concepts like interchanging characters while in the middle of a battle. The PS4 version is the best way right now to play Final Fantasy X, and I would love to have more classic FFs on the PS Store other than VII and IX. Having X-2 there is more of anFinal Fantasy X is definitely the most Final Fantasy-like game. It mixes old concepts like the old JRPG turn system and new, interesting concepts like interchanging characters while in the middle of a battle. The PS4 version is the best way right now to play Final Fantasy X, and I would love to have more classic FFs on the PS Store other than VII and IX. Having X-2 there is more of an interesting side-thingy, because I at least would've payed full price for just the main FFX game in HD with remade music. Expand
  15. Oct 21, 2017
    My rating is for Final Fantasy X only. This collection is worth it just for that game.

Before Nier, Final Fantasy X was had the most beautifully tragic story in a game (to me). If you're into tragedies in games, this is a must-play. It's coherent, meaningful, has adult themes, and there's not too much juvenile nonsense going on. I believe this was also the last true turn-based battle

I believe this was also the last true turn-based battle system in a Final Fantasy game, and it's excellent. You will die frequently if you don't employ any strategy (unlike most jrpgs these days), and you have all of the time in the world to make your decision since it is a real turn-based game.

It also encourages you to frequently swap characters (can be done on the fly during battle with no repercussions), so you're not stuck in a situation where you only use certain characters and all of the others end up unused and under-leveled.

Here's the general downsides of the game which may or may not bother you:
    - The random battles are very frequent compared to modern games.
    - The HD updates are inconsistent. They basically only updated the main character's heads. When scenes switch between showing your characters and an un-updated character or un-updated part of your character, immersion is broken a bit.
    - There's still a bit of jitter in the character motions. I believe this was one of the first games were the motions of the characters were done by motion-capture actors, so there's jitter in almost all motions. It was smoothed out a lot for this HD remaster, though.
    - English voices only. Thankfully the English voice acting is above-average, even compared to modern games.
    - The game is very linear. It's meant to tell a single set story, so you won't find a lot of possibilities for deviation.
    - Although the story is very good overall, there are quite a few generic bad guys who give unconvincing reasons as to why they're bad / want to kill everyone / want to destroy the world.

And finally, I will say that this is a standard sort of story, like most games (and unlike the Nier games), meaning that you'll be able to understand the full thing just by watching someone else play it rather than playing it yourself. Not that this is a bad thing, but Nier just set a whole new bar in storytelling.

Quick impressions of the other included games:

I forced myself to complete X-2 this time around (I couldn't do it when it originally came out). All of the good and tragic storytelling from X isn't here. X-2's story is comparable to a typical power rangers episode and is downright juvenile in my opinion. It's like we're watching our heroines regress into teenagers rather than growing as individuals. But if you don't mind that sort of thing and just want more Yuna, you might find something to like here.

X-2's battle mechanics went bonkers and there's not much strategy other than picking the dress sphere (class) that counters your enemy and holding down X while your characters auto-attack. There's more to it than that with some boss fights, but holding down X is what you'll be doing for most of your battles.

I couldn't force myself to complete the X-2 final mission game, which is a grid-based, turn-based dungeon crawler. It's fiddly to control and the camera angle and screen-covering text boxes aren't things that I like.
  16. Aug 1, 2017
    I already played International versions of both games on PS2 and the only new thing in this version for me is compilation of the whole story of Final Fantasy X. Two additional stories, Eternal Calm and Will, helps you to better understand the whole story of this game, and also suggests that they might plan to make a new Final Fantasy X (there are already rumors about Final Fantasy X-3).I already played International versions of both games on PS2 and the only new thing in this version for me is compilation of the whole story of Final Fantasy X. Two additional stories, Eternal Calm and Will, helps you to better understand the whole story of this game, and also suggests that they might plan to make a new Final Fantasy X (there are already rumors about Final Fantasy X-3).

Both games have interesting stories and a gameplay. The design of the world and the characters is very good, but when I saw a early concept designs, I have to say I like the original design rather than the final design.

Battle system of Final Fantasy X is very good because they have improved the traditional Turn-based battle system adding new functions such as the swapping system which allows the player to replace the characters in active party with a characters outside the active party. This new system, Conditional Turn-Based Battle does not operate in rounds, instead it uses an Act List that is affected through various means and thus does not guarantee that each participant in a battle will have an equal number of turns. Also the battle system in Final Fantasy X-2 is very good because it's an improved version of the traditional ATB system. This new ATB system in Final Fantasy X-2 is much faster and more active than older versions. Also contains a new function which allows the player to replace the class (job) of characters. I like both battle systems and sadly they did not use one of these battle systems in the new Final Fantasy games.

I do not like the development of characters in Final Fantasy X. The Sphere Grid is a good idea, but it would be even better if each character have its own Sphere Grid which does not overlap with the other. If each character had their own Sphere Grid, then each character would have their own abilities and balance of battle stats of each character would have meaning. The Sphere Grid which is In Final Fantasy X does not show the difference between the characters because eventually all the characters have the same abilities and all battle stats are 255. This Sphere Grid gives you freedom to customize the characters, but I didn't see anyone to do it. In the end each player trains his characters to learn all the abilities and to have all battle stats to 255. It would be good if they changed the Sphere Grid in remastered version in the way I described, then the development of the characters would be much better and this would also have an impact on the battle system itself, it would only make it better. Development of characters in Final Fantasy X-2 is much better because of the Job system. Using the Job system, each character has its own abilities which means that no character is the same. A function that allows replacement of job during the battle gives a tactical aspect in battle. This means the player can choose a job for the character he is currently need in the battle. That means the player can create his own tactics in the battle by using that function and the Job system.

So, the only improvement in the remastered version is the improvement of maps and character models and textures, as well the improvement of lighting, shadowing and enhanced pre-rendered movies with better quality in high definition, and also improvement of voice audio. Everything else is the same as in the International versions for PS2.

Conclusion: The remastered version is the revival of the old classics. Both games are very good JRPGs and I hope the rumors are accurate about Final Fantasy X-3. If they combine certain elements from Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, especially if they combine certain elements of character development and battle system from both games, they can make a very good Final Fantasy X-3.
  17. Jun 7, 2017
    This is my first time playing Final Fantasy X and I think the game was incredible.

The gameplay is some of the most fun i have had in any Jrpg yet. With the ability to switch to different party members each turn, as well as having a large variety of enemy types and bosses, the battles never really get old. They also remain quite challenging throughout. A bit of grinding will probably be needed to beat the final boss, but the gameplay is fun.

The story is also amazing as well. While the voice acting could use improvement, the story has lots of twist and turns as well as being compelling and having enough mysteries to keep one guessing. The characters are great as well, with Yuna and Arron being some of my favorite ones in the series. Music is fantastic as well.

Just a great game. As a bonus, the game has a lot of endgame content to keep you busy. I didn't do nearly enough of it as it requires a lot of grind to get there, but I may return. Even if you don't decide to do that, it is worth playing and the game will keep you busy for a while.

Take into account I haven't even played X-2 yet, this is worth it just for X alone.
  18. Apr 6, 2017
    Great way to re-live a classic story and game. Great battle system and story. Visuals look good, but being a remaster of a PS2 game leads to some 'clunky' elements with is inevitable, due to the changes in games over time.
  19. Mar 13, 2017
    This game was so good that I spend time with it around 600 hours when it came out on PS2. The game is still good and I can recommend it to all final fantasy fans or first timers. This game has good old Final Fantasy elements that made the FF games so good back in the days.
  20. Oct 2, 2016
    This is a tough one: Final Fantasy X is a tremendous game with an emotionally challenging story line that has implications far greater than its childlike, fantasy-based universe would lead you to believe. I recall playing it as a kid in what I thought was its target age group of 10-12, but playing it as an adult was far more interesting. You definitely have to like the turn-based typeThis is a tough one: Final Fantasy X is a tremendous game with an emotionally challenging story line that has implications far greater than its childlike, fantasy-based universe would lead you to believe. I recall playing it as a kid in what I thought was its target age group of 10-12, but playing it as an adult was far more interesting. You definitely have to like the turn-based type combat and be willing to grind; there are no shortcuts in this game. Frequent saving and dedication to killing hordes of common enemies are required to succeed. The story tackles very adult issues like challenging your faith, suspecting an administration of victimizing its constituents, confronting your parents and losing your loved ones.

On the other hand, Final Fantasy X-2 is one of the games I am the most embarrassed to admit to have ever played as an adult man. The mechanics are similar to FFX; they tried to "speed up" the game, which is nice if you know what's going on, but at first it's jarring because it doesn't give you much time to decide on a course of action. That's about it, though - the story is ridiculous and meaningless. Most importantly, however, it genuinely seems like it was designed by either Japanese teenagers or Japanese pedophiles. The game stars three presumably underage girls whose powers are granted them by wearing different clothes, the transitions of which are given an undue amount of attention while playing the game. Set aside the incredibly misogynistic implications of a game whose female cast is portrayed to be obsessed with and dependent upon collecting clothes and looking cute in battle, the game just has no substance - they're supposed to be bounty hunters looking for spheres, which rarely happens in the game. You have an even more ridiculous and provocatively dressed "rival" who never seems to die flanked by two (I assume, as a white person) insultingly stereotypical Chinese bodyguards. It's kind of like someone took the formula from Pokemon Red or Blue and thought, "let's see how many Western-looking teenage girls in short skirts with big boobs we can jam in here."

So in my mind FFX is like a 9.5, but X-2 is like a 6. The combat in X-2 is admittedly pretty fun once you figure out how to play, but it still shames me to own it.
  21. Jun 9, 2016
    This is an incredible 10/10 game for 3 simple reasons:
    1 - Gameplay: The battle system is so fluid and fast paced you will forget you're playing a turn-based RPG. The leveling system aka Sphere Grid is a milestone in RPG gameplay and a feature that has been poorly ripped off countless times.
    This is an incredible 10/10 game for 3 simple reasons:
    2 - Story: This might be the greatest video game story ever told. The mythology and backstory that slowly unfold honestly matches the level and scope of something like the Star Wars trilogy. It's about family, love, society, belief, and friendship. It's deep, philosophical, metaphysical and more than anything emotional. You become deeply invested in these characters and the story's conclusion is one of the most moving moments in the history of gaming. They not only wrote a story for this game, they created a legend.
    3 - Presentation: The look, feel and sound of this game is quite an artistic achievement. We are transported to another world with enough culture and detail to believe it's just an alternate reality. The architecture and landscape design are colorful, vibrant, highly innovative and full of life. The most mind-blowing thing about it is how great the graphics still look in 2016, 15 years after its initial release.

The game looks just as good in HD as you would want it to. The FMV cut-scenes are still just as breathtaking and enjoyable to watch as they were in 2001, which is something I didn't expect. The option to switch between the original score and the new arranged one is something that die-hard fans will seriously appreciate.

If you were a fan of the original, you must pick up this remaster. If you've never played this game before, then you need to stop what you're doing, close this window, go out and buy this game and experience the timeless classic that is Final Fantasy X.

Oh...and the sequel was fun.
  22. Apr 15, 2016
    Final Fantasy X is a good FF game. However, there are somethings holding it back from perfection.

Combat system is awesome and well made. It requires you to think since every enemy has its own weakness and you can switch among all characters so you have various choices to play. Grid system works very well. It gives player a freedom to develop your character skill. I would say FFX has one of the best combat system in all FF games ever.

Story - Very straight forward - It is great in the first half but the latter feels somewhat unreasonable. There are many questions that could not be answered after you finished the game. Too many plot holes even though you search them online, the result is not satisfied.

Gameplay - It was great in the first half because of the good combat system and various enemy types. However, in the latter half, enemies are (kind of) similar to the previous enemies with more HP and Bosses start having immune protection which make some of your friend skill (like Wakka) become useless. In the end, we are back to the root of spamming magic with no brain. The optional hardest bosses (Dark Aeons) is even more absurd because what you need to do is just grinding lv and spamming attack. Therefore, when you are near the end of the game, you will just want to finish the game (combat start getting boring).

Main character have no charisma - While I like rikku, the others were not good enough, especially Tidus who is the protagonist here but I don't feel like he is at all. Definitely he is not leader of the group and he is also not reliable. In the end, I still don't know why he is needed in the journey.

Graphic and Music are great. no issue

Too much puzzle ! - just hav to warn you but if you like puzzle, that's fine

Hidden items are very difficult to find by yourself. They are very well hidden. You definitely need a walkthrough if you don't want to miss anything.

Mini games are not fun and too difficult. Although I like the idea of Biltz ball, sadly it is not well executed. It has potential though.

............................

I think that is it for FFX. Although I want to +1 for having FFX-2 as a free item, after I play FFX-2, it was not good enough. (Actually, it is very very terrible game, so forget about X-2) The final score for FFX from me is 8 out of 10. First half is really good, but after Yuna wedding ceremony, the quality of enjoyment starts dropping. It is still a good game nonetheless so if you like FF series you should check it out.
  23. Apr 12, 2016
    this game is just Epic, the X-2 is better with the international version content and i really like the soundtrack arrangements a lot, too bad they doesn't make games like this anymore.
  24. Apr 12, 2016
    Este es el ultimo vestigio de los final fantasy clasicos. Muy buena historia, el sistema de esferas es buenisimo. La durancion del juego en si no es muy larga. pero si quieres completar todo durarias un siglo.
    Tiene buena lavada de cara. Para los que gustan de los clasicos rpg por turnos este es mas que recomendable.
  25. Mar 1, 2016
    Finally I've been able to beat this game up on my console (ps4) with revamped graphics. Sure, game is pricey but totally worth every single penny spend on it.
    Classic.
  26. Dec 12, 2015
    lol why am i even writing a review for a ps2 game :P

its just as good as the original, looks much better great turn based system very deep mechanics if you attempt the secret bosses and dark aeons (did you know that theres even a hidden affection mechanic between the characters that can alter very minor things) the bad: cant skip cutscenes >_< (two generations ahead and you still
    lol why am i even writing a review for a ps2 game :P

its just as good as the original, looks much better
    great turn based system
    very deep mechanics if you attempt the secret bosses and dark aeons

the bad:
    cant skip cutscenes >_< (two generations ahead and you still cant skip cutscenes)
    Tidus' eyes are horrible
  27. Nov 11, 2015
    script in both games is poor and the voice-acting absolutely atrocious. Irritating mini-games. there’s already a much cheaper, slightly blurrier version of this compilation out there on the PS3.
  28. Sep 12, 2015
    The RNG and soundtrack issues have been fixed with the latest patch. PS4 version is the best version available. The only issues are the changes to Tidus and Yuna's face over the original designs.
  29. Jun 20, 2015
    The best JRPG ever made, in my opinion. The golden standard that others look up to, with the most fluid turn-based combat system in existence. Tons of content (easily over 100 hours worth, if not pushing close to 200 hours), a great story, and some great dialogue. The voice acting is good all-around, and the music is fantastic, scored by legendary composer Nobou Uematsu. Get this game.
  30. Jun 15, 2015
    Will not drag out this review. If I were to review the game in proper working order, it would be on par with most everyone else's. 9/10.

This port has had the most careless of approaches, and after treatment however. A good month after it's release and 2 glaringly obvious, yet arbitrarilty impacting issues still remain with no public addressing of it's potential remedy coming.

The music reset issue after combat, and the all too hideous broken RNG system. SE has ducked it's head in the sand to pretend their mishandling of a 13 year old classic, and yet another botched Final Fantasy release tarnishing the brand once again, has not happened.

If you have any desire to play a "remaster" of these 2 games, and you have the option, be sure to skip this one and get the properly working, and much cheaper PS3 version.

SE should be pathetically embarassed releasing this subtle mess, especially after claiming their forthcoming attention and care with their flagship Final Fantasy franchise after the laughably bad Final Fantasy XIV v1.0.
  31. Jun 6, 2015
    What can I say? WELL DONE! Final Fantasy has been around since I was 6 years old and I love the series just as if I was still a child. I hope to see more HD releases in the future. Final Fantasy 12 would be great!!
  32. May 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would give this title a 10/10 for sheer nostalgia when I played back through but I can't help but see missed opportunity to re-imagine some of the mechanics of the original title. As an avid Final Fantasy player I have seen all Squaresoft used to offer and what SquareEnix now offers. Final Fantasy X was a breath of fresh air after so all its predecessors locked you into combat with only certain characters once combat begins. Being able to swap characters during battle opened up a plethora of strategies for use and didn't force players to choose favorites at the start of the game.

The new sphere grid imported from the international version was a great opportunity to play through the game with a totally different approach allowing you to custom tailor every character to what you desired. It also gave players to ability to make disastrous mistakes though if they were new to the Final Fantasy world though I doubt many were introduced to the series on a remake title.

As I mentioned earlier the only grip I have is that the remake missed opportunities to make the game feel even more fresh. Small things like adding some new weapons and enemies into the game or introducing a few new items that could give custom weapons some interesting new abilities. It isn't a huge deal I just felt like I played through the exact same title with very few differences aside from graphics. I didn't touch on X-2 because I bought the remake for FFX. X-2 is a good title but the story was not up to par with previous FF titles. Great and innovative combat system with the dress spheres laying the way for future titles but boring story that I struggled to make it through. I only finished the game because I had to know what the heck happened to Titus at the end of FFX.

I wanted to make one last statement. I know remakes generally try and stick with the original formula as close as possible and it is generally accepted but why? I think it is an excellent opportunity to test new concepts. For instance it would take ALOT of mistakes to ruin a title like Final Fantasy VII. FFX/X-2 would have been a great time to implement some new ideas with minimal effort as the game is already a finished product. Leave the big things like story and combat algorithms during programming alone and add some small concepts that aren't game breaking if they fail.
  33. May 21, 2015
    The core game has aged very well and the remastered visuals help it stand up among current titles. The revamped visuals are very vivid and vibrant. I enjoyed playing this game long time ago, and I think I'm enjoying it even more this time around. I didn't think the revamped visuals would add this much enjoyment to the game, but it really does. Also, with a lot of big hyped games beingThe core game has aged very well and the remastered visuals help it stand up among current titles. The revamped visuals are very vivid and vibrant. I enjoyed playing this game long time ago, and I think I'm enjoying it even more this time around. I didn't think the revamped visuals would add this much enjoyment to the game, but it really does. Also, with a lot of big hyped games being lackluster in the last few years, this game is a nice memory of what a truly stand out title was like back in the day. Gameplay is great, visuals are great, characters are great, plot/setting/story is great, presentation is awesome, controls/tutorials are intuitive and easy to understand, combat is fun and not repetitive, pacing is very good. It's so nice to play this remastered version of the game! I'm really enjoying it! Expand
  34. May 15, 2015
    Let me start off by saying I LOVE FFX. Love, love, love it. As someone who built their love for the FF franchise on VI, VII, and IX before putting their hands on this title, I like to think I have a good history with the franchise. I was SUPER excited to hear about FFX being remastered for the PS4. However I am a bit disappointed with a few things.
    -They forced us to buy FFX AND FFX-2.
    -They forced us to buy FFX AND FFX-2. I'm sorry but many of us who loved FFX did not like X-2. It's just not that great of a game. Being forced to buy it if we want to play the other one is a pretty cheap move by Squaresoft. Especially with that price tag.
    -Some of the graphics, particularly that of monsters, don't look all that great and hardly depart from their original appearance on the PS2. It would have been nice to see some legitimate improvement, especially on the screen sizes that we have these days. I am underwhelmed.
    -I swear to god there are inexcusable sound bugs that made it past QA. How the hell did this happen?
    -Some very slight camera tweaks would have been appreciated. The movement was a bit wonky in the original version when moving at certain angles on trails and it's not intuitive with the overhead map. Having to press down when the map says you should be going right or left just feels weird. Fixing this would have been nice.

Other than that, I do appreciate the additional option for using the sphere grid and cross-save functionality is cool (even though I can't personally make use of it) and aside from the isolated sound bugs, the music is amazing. I left it on pause the other morning just so I could take a nap to the Kilika music. :P

It's far from a perfect 10. -1 for less improvement than should be present in a remastered version + bugs. -1 for making me buy X-2 with it.
  35. May 12, 2015
    For all the people complaining about a more expensive PS4 version when there already is a PS3 and Vita Remaster... Let me remind you that some people (like me) don't have a PS3 or Vita, but we do have a PS4. So, I am more than happy that they released this on PS4. One of the best JRPGs of all time, plus its sequel, and the extra international version content. (Oh, and being able to switchFor all the people complaining about a more expensive PS4 version when there already is a PS3 and Vita Remaster... Let me remind you that some people (like me) don't have a PS3 or Vita, but we do have a PS4. So, I am more than happy that they released this on PS4. One of the best JRPGs of all time, plus its sequel, and the extra international version content. (Oh, and being able to switch between the new and original soundtrack is always a plus). 10/10 Collapse
  36. May 12, 2015
    "Another remaster of another old gen game" does fit most of the games out there. But for this game, it does not! Seriously these are all the graphics you can do? You seriously don't add anything but revising it's graphics and it is not good at all. Square Enix most realize that next gen hardware demands next gen graphics and artstyles. This is a classic game and a must play but there is"Another remaster of another old gen game" does fit most of the games out there. But for this game, it does not! Seriously these are all the graphics you can do? You seriously don't add anything but revising it's graphics and it is not good at all. Square Enix most realize that next gen hardware demands next gen graphics and artstyles. This is a classic game and a must play but there is little reason to spend your money on this ps4 version of the game Expand
  37. May 12, 2015
    This is a great way to play these classics again. I enjoyed playing over again as i did the first time. Great rpg!
    Also a great opportunity to jump back and play this game which came out a decade ago if im correct.
    Definitely recommend in my opinion
  38. May 12, 2015

1. Aug 12, 2015
    That's how remakes should be done. If you never played it before, even the price is right for more than 80 hours of playtime.
  2. Power Unlimited
    Jul 24, 2015
    FFX is still one of the best oldschool JRPG’s ever made. If you haven’t play this one you should totally pick up this bundle. [Jul 2015, p.067]
  3. Jun 27, 2015
    While it's still an essential part of any JRPG fan's collection, we recommend grabbing it on PS3/Vita instead. [Issue#162, p.104]