8.4

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Jun 12, 2020
    FFXIV is a good MMO but considering its a paid sub, i feel like Shadowbringers being the third expansion could have added a bit more. Heavensward was amazing due to how much FFXIV was upgraded with, Stormblood imo was the best, because it had the best story, depth of new characters, amazing new eastern areas and just intense cool cinematics. ShB story was intense, had some good ideas but iFFXIV is a good MMO but considering its a paid sub, i feel like Shadowbringers being the third expansion could have added a bit more. Heavensward was amazing due to how much FFXIV was upgraded with, Stormblood imo was the best, because it had the best story, depth of new characters, amazing new eastern areas and just intense cool cinematics. ShB story was intense, had some good ideas but i feel it could've been executed a little bit better, i just didnt enjoy it as much as Stormblood. It was cool to get the Warrior of Darkness siding with you to take his place and the ending was pretty cool but it felt too safe.

Eden is fun to play but its just another raid to grind new gear until next expansion. Its a system that is enjoyable but it gets way too repeative. Also sometimes it feels like you're just wasting time grinding the same boring un-rewarding dungeons, if its not daily its like 180k EXP for a lv57 class which is just nothing at all.

Shadowbringers is a very cool name, its purple and it adds new locations in different dimension which is a cool, safe idea. Story is not as good as HW and SB, but its alright.
    I just feel like the expansion could've added some great quality updates to the overall gameplay, bettered PVP, add more rewarding and fun experience other than just more raids and trials.
    Sure its cool to get 2 new classes and races and the restoration of Ishgard was actually a great idea but thats all there was to me. I did not enjoy the story personally, the Empire looming behind the story was boring content, we have the same villain mustering some Kingdom Hearts revive system but it wasnt bad

Shadowbringers was definetly alot of fun to me but the only reason i give it 5 is because being the third expansion i wanted so much more upgrades to the gameplay being a paid experience. Heavensward added pepperoni to the pizza which was a very needed topping. Stormblood added cheese to the mix but Shadowbringers adds ham which was just another topping and at times feels unneccessary.
  2. Jun 18, 2020
    It's good if you like watching anime. But you've come here for the mmo. Raids are good, bug-free, polished and with tight dps checks. Decent connection. There is no other real end-game.

The community of this game is something else, though. If you don't belong to that group of players who clear high-end duties in the first month or so, you will struggle. Elitism is a thing, albeit it takes a different form than WoW. FC members who can't play with other people because they're stuck with their tribe. People who can't log out but spend the majority of their time on housing. People who join your clear raid group without materia slotted in their gear. Mentors who show up to an extreme trial but can't provide any feedback, wipe the group and leave. People who have every job to 80 but play all of them at a mediocre level. Tanks mains who refuse to tank as soon as someone damages an enemy before them. People with egos...

The single players aspect of it works, though.
  3. Aug 26, 2019
    As someone who has been playing Final Fantasy XIV since A Realm Reborn's introduction, I feel that this is a hard one to review based on the first few patches of Shadowbringers (especially considering we haven't really seen the totality of what the entirety of the expansion has to offer). Keeping that in mind, I will try to be fair and base my review on my experiences thus far.

I have a

I have a lot of positive things to say about Shadowbringers. I honestly feel that it is the highest I've felt on Final Fantasy XIV since A Realm Reborn. The writing easily trumps the previous expansion story lines with a far more interesting plot line and way more interesting quests. Area design is yet another thing I found to be fantastic. Even including Il Mheg (which may have scarred my retinas with its over usage of the hot pink coloring), every area in Shadowbringers felt unique with great designs that gave each of them a nice vibe. Music was also an absolute surprise, I felt that the tracks in Shadowbringers were the best the game has had. Period. Gunbreaker and Dancer are also a solid inclusion, both jobs being pretty fun to play. I would also say that the job change revisions (and the removal of TP), as a whole, that Square-Enix has made with the expansion was also a bright point (even if I'm crying inside about the changes to Warrior). Everything plays great, and any changes seem to have worked out for the better.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons for Shadowbringers, but I still have a few complaints. For starters, I would have liked to see more out of the "Shared FATE" log. It does give a reason to do FATEs, however, that doesn't really change that FATEs are still in a desperate need of a revision due to their repetitive nature. Dungeons were also kind of a miss for Shadowbringers. I found the boss fights to be fun, however, the actual overall design felt relatively lacking with the constant speed bumps that seem to hinder speed running far more than the previous expansions did. Not being entirely all that bad, I did at least enjoy the level 80 dungeons (which are probably the only ones that really matter considering they are the ones that you'll be spamming for the next 6 or 7 months). The Eden raid is another one I'm indifferent about, however, I'm willing to give this one the benefit of doubt. It just doesn't feel all that memorable and makes me long for the days of the Alexander raid.

Overall, Shadowbringers is worth trying for MMO players. It's definitely something that I feel is great for both newcomers and veterans of XIV. There is far more than enough content packed into this expansion alone to get your money's worth out of with only more to come in future updates. All I can say is that I feel Naoki Yoshida and company did a marvelous job with this one and I can't wait to see what else they bring to the table!
  4. Jul 15, 2019
    Game is so good, never played before but as an old wow player it feel good.. But if like me you're acustomised with blizzard godlike customer support you will be really disapointed if you need something from ffXIV game master team, one of the worst GM ive seen in 20 year of gaming.
  5. Jul 28, 2019
    While the expansion was largely great and for the better, a few classes and one full role did not escape unscathed. While playing as healer lost much of it's magic, pun intended, and while some classes lost major abilities and thus effectiveness, the expansion is a lot of good fun. Time will tell whether certain classes will be fixed, but even as it stands now it's a very enjoyable gameWhile the expansion was largely great and for the better, a few classes and one full role did not escape unscathed. While playing as healer lost much of it's magic, pun intended, and while some classes lost major abilities and thus effectiveness, the expansion is a lot of good fun. Time will tell whether certain classes will be fixed, but even as it stands now it's a very enjoyable game with relatively few flaws weighing it down. If you're a fan of the previous expansions Shadowbringers isn't to be missed. Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2019
    For my 1st subscription based MMO it's pretty good the graphics are nice the controls are pretty good it's not too hard to get used to and you can also plug in a keyboard and mouse to the PS4 to make it easier for people that play PC to play this game without any problems.
  7. Jul 2, 2019
    Best mmorpg best DLC music 10/10 the new classes is good,new location and the best story.
  8. Jul 13, 2019
    Now it's the best mmorpg not just one of the best. I‘m ready for FF14 X nier:aotumata I can't wait
  9. Jul 2, 2019
  10. Jul 3, 2019
    Without spoiling anything, FFXIV continues to prove that compelling narrative can be made in a MMO. With a focused story driving the Scions forward, I was on the edge of my seat worried for each character's fate. With new features, the player's character is more enhance than ever. I truly love this expansion and all that comes with it.
  11. Jul 2, 2019
    This is a expansion worth every single Dollar the Story is soooo good it puts other Mmo's to shame and every song of the Soundtrack is Amazing, better than Stormblood heck.. even the best expansion ever !
  12. Jul 4, 2019
    Too good for an mmo.The most final fantasy game I have played in last decade.
  13. Jul 2, 2019
    You won't find an MMO (And few games in general) with a stronger story or more meticulously crafted music. The new QOL updates and Jobs are aces! Can't recommend this game more!
  14. Jul 6, 2019
    Praise Yoshi-P Praise Yoshi-P Praise Yoshi-P Praise Yoshi-P Praise Yoshi-P Praise Yoshi-P
  15. Jul 2, 2019
    Perfection! I've played mmo's since the early days when Ultima Online existed and have to say that Shadowbringers is the first in a long time to make me feel so engaged with the story. final fantasy XIV is known for it's impressive storytelling, but Shadowbringers takes it to another level. On a MMO stand point it's perfection.... equally you could call this an amazing RPG.
    The additions
    The additions of the Trust system and other quality of life changes, really just polish the diamond this expansion already was
  16. Jul 2, 2019
    Honestly I've played a LOT since Shadowbringers has released (pre release on 28th) and I've finished all the MSQ (Main Story Quests) and It's been a hell of a ride. Voice acting and story line are ON POINT!!!

On release there are 8 dungeons and 2 big boss "Trials" as well as 2 lesser Big Boss Trials included with the expansion as well as 5 zones you can obtain flying in right away (Not wait 7 months and have to do a buncha BS, looking @ You WoW)

Also with Shadowbringers it brought a complete revamp to the games combat system and healing system. It made all the jobs (Classes) WAY more fun to play which is awesome. Looking more and more like a fast action MMORPG.

Each zone ingame is gorgeous in Shadowbringers, all the music is amazing, the game is more fun to play than ever and jobs are more balanced. What more could you ask for to be honest.

So some people give low scores it seems because it's expensive because they have to buy initial game plus this expansion. Other games make you buy initial, prior expansions and then current expansion.

At least FFXIV Lets you buy Game + All prior expansions for one low price and then allows you to buy current expansion when you get to it.
  17. Jul 4, 2019
    Story 10, Cobat 10 ( based on Bard), Dungeons best ever, Graphics... You have to see it lol
  18. Jul 7, 2019
    This is the best MMO and JRPG of 2019. Hands down. The music is 10/10 (soken is a underrated musical genius that will surpass uematsu), the presentation in fights are amazing, there's so many players playing the game right now that it's bustling, the story is probably the best story ever told in Final Fantasy since 6. Definitely worth checking out, this is something you must experience.
  19. Jul 8, 2019
    An excellent addition presents a story and characters from a beautiful and interactive world of development in this add-on much better than before and is worthy of all required players Final Fantasy 14 play it and dig deeper into it
  20. Jul 29, 2019
    Absolutely fantastic. Better than stormblood and on par with HW.

Absolutely fantastic. Better than stormblood and on par with HW.

Some classes have gotten stripped of complexity while others have been near perfected. This and the lack of an option to skip the tired old fetch quests is my only complaint. C'mon. We've surveyed, grabbed 3 items, cured the 3 sick people, delivered 3 items etc enough. Just give me the excellent story and the odd solo instance with the incredible dungeons and trials and let me cut out the busy work inbetween.

It's better than ever been and might even get me to stick around for end game, for a bit.
  21. Jul 7, 2019
    Great job developers, the music and art is really cool, the new jobs are well done, really having a blast. Well done!
  22. Jul 20, 2019
    The best expansion in an mmo period! I would recommend this game one thousand times over!
  23. Jul 14, 2019
    Just amazing
    Every single second amazed me.
    The Soundtrack is amazing
    The story breathtaking
  24. Jul 27, 2019
    Best MMORG on the world, beautiful storyline and with one character you can do multiple jobs.
  25. Jul 29, 2019
    One of the best MMO expansions ever released. Story wise, it rivals some the best FF stories in years.
  26. Jul 30, 2019
    FFXIV Has been a high-quality MMO since A Realm Reborn released, but with Shadowbringers, it has reached new heights that are rarely seen in MMO's or even any video game genres. The story is a masterpiece, heart-wrenching and beautiful. It stands up to and even exceeds many single player titles.
    You'll hear about players being moved to tears by the narrative; I can confidently say that this is no exaggeration.

As always, Soken and co delivered an amazing score for this expansion; the sort of soundtrack that you'll want to listen to even when you aren't playing the game.

Last but not least, the gameplay. Whilst it is the traditional tab-targeting affair, the encounters you experience throughout the expansion are fast-paced and action packed; with beautiful (and sometimes haunting) enemy design.

I could ramble on about this expansion, sing its praises until the proverbial cows come home, but I'd rather just play it. I just felt the need to add my voice to the chorus of glowing opinions.

Just, stop reading this now. Play the damn game. You will not regret it. Do it.

Stop reading this. Go.
  27. May 26, 2020
    I was pretty excited about shadowbringers, but by the end the plot felt onerous and combine that with slow combat (compared to other games) you end up with a game that left me yawning and wishing it was done so I could wait for the next expansion.
  28. Aug 9, 2019
    Overrated game from old veterans of the franchise. The story of this franchise is generally extremely hard to follow; the player is presented with very disconnected parts of a story that are shoehorned here and there to reach the final destination the creators wanted you to reach anyway.
    While the single-player aspect is clearly better than WoW and the graphics slightly improved, it has nothing more to give than being a WoW clone.
  29. Jul 9, 2020
    10/10 would break my heart again
    also
    WE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL
    WE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL
    WE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    UNTO THE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDD
  30. Jul 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The storyline of this game is SO good, it could win an Oscar. I really loved the tragic tale of the Ascians, which takes everything we thought we knew about the penultimate bad guys of FFXIV and turns it completely on its head. Just when I was beginning to lose faith in developers Square Enix comes to the rescue with the first real gem of 2019 :) The soundtrack is great, personally I love the vocalizing in the Ratika Greatwood, but thats not to discount all the other great music throughout the game. The graphics, of course, are great - as has been the case since the game's release and the new classes for Gunbreaker and Dancer are pretty fun with their own system of mechanics. They added a new race too (Viera, AKA "Bunny People") - cool I guess, lol. Looking at this release overall, this is a can't miss for MMOs not in just this year but all time and one of the few 10/10s ive given on Metacritic in the last several years. Expand
  31. XV_
    Aug 9, 2019
    Up to this day, it's safe to assume that Final Fantasy XIV is easily the best FF experience since IX and Shadowbringers is a testament of this theory.

Shadowbringers uses everything that was great from the last expansins and it takes it further, story-wise, the thing is a well-told and written, everything it's relevant for the plot or the themes so this time even some random characters that may appear like plot devices are actually a solid and needed part of the plot, something that I really liked, also, I'm not sure if the story is darker than previous ones but sure it has a dark and serious tone, it is also filled with amazing moments that I couldn't believe, Shadowbringers took for a hostage within my +60 hour main quest time. At this point is unbelievable how characters that I didn't care that much got me all worried and into them, like Urianger or even the main antagonist which I was really concerned about, they looked like a generic and formulaic boss but by the end I was so touched and grinning at the screen so that's that, XIV writers make it look easy to write at this level.

The dungeons and boss battles are very good, with new more dynamic mechanics and challenge, not as difficult as Extreme but not as easy as Heavensward, the music was good and kinda different from the last entries, it kinda reminds me of XIII-2 in some parts, it's good but maybe not the cup of everyone.

I have some minor issues, and one that hasn't been acknowledged (or maybe its just me) but I still find the Aether currents so bothersome and boring to do, but I guess its part of the mechanic now and also for the first time I felt like the graphics weren't that great, sure it has this PS3 era feeling but I believe that an upgrade is urgent, also a lot of the new areas felt ripoffs or recycled from past areas but maybe I'm wrong.

Shadowbringers is more Heavensward than Stormblood but it is its own thing, so don't miss a chance to play this expansion or if you want to play the best modern Final Fantasy you have tons and tons to do but maybe that is not a bad thing.
  32. Jul 6, 2019
    I played alot of MMORPG but this game is the real MMO RPG. The RPG elements are heavily shown in the story while also adding a solid foundation for the character progression.
  33. May 11, 2020
    Final Fantasy XIV and it's many expansions are absolutely amazing and will drag you into a world of fun.
  34. Apr 20, 2020
    Great story telling period from start to finish better than that **** ff7R ending
  35. Jun 22, 2020
    Everything in this expansion is amazing, level design, fantastic music, character development, battle (primals, savage, ultimate mode), the brilliant story worthy of the Final Fantasy brand. And a bad ass villain who is better than sephiroth and I mean it. Best Final Fantasy since FFX!
  36. Jul 1, 2020
    Best MMOJRPG for both ps4-pc, after 2800h of gameplay i can tell is a very nice mmo but the community is toxic filled with cyberbullying for newcomers who know very little about games it can be detrimental to their gameplay, by being a mentor I deal with a lot of people and if you are easy to reach your limits do not play this games the endgame is filled with toxic like i said and drama,Best MMOJRPG for both ps4-pc, after 2800h of gameplay i can tell is a very nice mmo but the community is toxic filled with cyberbullying for newcomers who know very little about games it can be detrimental to their gameplay, by being a mentor I deal with a lot of people and if you are easy to reach your limits do not play this games the endgame is filled with toxic like i said and drama, for the story without spoil it is one of the best things after the raids and dungeons, there are a lot of things to do if you are looking for a game that can last you 1 year no stop this is the one for you Expand
  37. Nov 11, 2020
    ShB has been around for one and a half year and we know what it is now, you can of course trust all day 1 reviews or the recent ones.

Lets break this down in 3 Categories. Story, Gameplay and Content. Story: The entirety of 5.x is a side quest, it was not needed to be done. We could have marched for Garemald, instead we visited a different version of our world. 4.x obviously lead up

Lets break this down in 3 Categories. Story, Gameplay and Content.

Story:
    The entirety of 5.x is a side quest, it was not needed to be done. We could have marched for Garemald, instead we visited a different version of our world. 4.x obviously lead up to it with the spirited away plot they added but if not for that it came 100% out of the blue.

The Story that was written for 5.0 was mostly fine, while the game says "Shadowbringers" and treats light as something that's not always good (that's a good idea) it fails to deliver the sentiment by ... making you defeat the final boss (dark based) with light. So i guess light as the ultimate "good" tool.

5.1 nosedives the story, fetch quests and nothing of value, so does 5.2 to the point you wonder if those things even needed to be there. 5.3 did pick it up again but failed by giving the OG Warrior of Darkness a proper sent off while you defeat the being that has taken his body.

Gameplay:
    Tanks: Enmity is now a joke as all enmity moves (cept for ranged) are removed, the Stance now offers so much hate that its impossible to lose threat. Warrior which was my main since 2.0 feels boring to play.

Healers: Lost a lot of their dps spells and skills, Sch faceplanted with a fairy nerf, Ast lost its unique card buffs. Whm is further moved towards a full dps.

Dps: Full rework on multiple classes, there is STILL not a mnk fix which was a problem in the last expansion.

Content:
    And this is where ShB shows its NASTY face.

Dungeons:
    We have cut down from 3 to 2 Dungeons in HW, and now from 2 to 1, they say it helps the quality, however there is a point were you can have the best food in the world and still starve.

Deep Dungeon: Was fully removed, which was one of the most fun and random things.

Deep Sea Fishing: Was dead 2 weeks upon arrival

Bozja: Came out in 5.35 ... once again later then it should have. Eureka was added 4.25 and diadem 3.15, this was one of the big grind things and they keep pushing it further back.

Relics: We could've used a long and nice grind now during Covid but ... you got the first step for free and the next one had you do fates in a lv 60 zone ... why?

Recycling ... this is a big one.

Lets go over the music first, which is a huge deal for this game.

ShB Dungeons: all feature their own track but they all use the ShB boss theme ... thats okay i guess.
    Titania: Has her own track, nice
    Innocence: Remix of dungeon boss, bad
    Hades: ShB title music, fine
    Ruby Weapon: Remix of ultima, meh
    Memoria: ShB dungeon boss music, wtf
    WoL: Remix of title music, bangs tho

Eden 1: FF8 Track
    Eden 2: FF8 Track
    Eden 3: Leviathan Remix
    Eden 4: Titan Remix
    Eden 5: Ramuh Remix
    Eden 6: Garuda/Ifrit Remix
    Eden 7: FF8 track Eden 8: Shiva Remix. Fights, almost the entire Eden right is recycled, we now have 5 Shiva fights. Also remember this is not "we are sorry we cant deliver because of covid" nah this is what was planed, every expansion we get less ... players don't realise on how much of a drop we are atm. The rating this game has is based on 80% of "first day impressions" which is shameful. If you believe you can rate an expansion that lasts 2 years on the first 2 months during the honeymoon period ... you are wrong.
  38. Jul 14, 2019
    Simply amazing. The story is good, the soundtrack is very nice. Lots of improvements to gameplay.
  39. Jul 7, 2019
    While the game is great in many ways (especially the Storyline), I do not like some job changes and with especial mention to the Summoner and Astrologian jobs. DRK shines again but loses its most signature combo (that of the spinning/power slash) and has been simplified to the point of having to spam one single combo during nearly 80 levels instead of 2.

Other than that the game really

Other than that the game really provides a lot of fun and spectacular characters and story. It reveals a lot of information and answer many questions left unanswered since the release of the 2.0. You'll get to know all what you were wondering about, especially all about the Ascians, their motives, their past and more. Enjoy the ride.
  40. Aug 5, 2019
    Bad combat system
    Not enough grapichs
    Not story İ m who love story in the game but this game didn t have any story İ HATE
  41. Nov 26, 2020
    This is masterpiece! Long and interesting story in MMORPG! Plus excelent battle system close to FFXII. This game also has MANY fan services! Must play.
  42. Nov 23, 2020
    Shadowbringers is, in my experience, without a doubt the greatest multiplayer story ever told through a game.

I've played many Final Fantasy games, but Shadowbringers is my favourite of all. It puts forth the greatest depth accompanied by dark, interesting themes, that are tackled with an expert finesse. Like it's predecessors, Shadowbringers is truly a game upon itself rather than a simple expansion.

A story that deserves to be experienced by all, but unfortunately may only be experienced by few, as it is necessary to work your way through the other fantastic FFXIV expansions before arriving at Shadowbringers. Shadowbringers is a masterpiece that brings a level of worldbuilding that is a rarity in JRPGs, and unrivaled in the MMORPG genre.
  43. Feb 18, 2020
    L'extension qui ma motivé à me mettre à ce MMO qu'est FFXIV, j'avais de mauvaise vu de par son genre, mais je n'ai eu aucun regret.
    Après ARR qui est inintéressant niveau histoire, les extensions qui ont suivis sont d un toute autre niveau, sans parler de Shadowbringer qui est un très grand FF. Les FF sur cette génération, c'est dans un MMO que ça ce passe
  44. Jun 14, 2020
    Amazing - visual, characters, music and story all were extremely entertaining. Plenty of plot bombs that made you go “so that’s why” or “no way” and just generally fleshed out the story in quite a clever way. The twinning dungeon is one particular instance that come to mind although theres quite more!
  45. Jun 19, 2020
    Best expansion yet for FFXIV. This game gets more and more fun. Simply more things to do now than I could possibly imagine completing. Which, I guess is good?
  46. Mar 20, 2021
    Oh good God help me! This game is endless dialogue from some guy you'll never see again that was going from Point-A to Point-B and then lost his stuff, and then you get it, and then he's gone forever, and then you hand it in with more pointless dialogue about it, and then you have to talk to him again for his new quest, and his quest is to go talk to someone else about the most boringOh good God help me! This game is endless dialogue from some guy you'll never see again that was going from Point-A to Point-B and then lost his stuff, and then you get it, and then he's gone forever, and then you hand it in with more pointless dialogue about it, and then you have to talk to him again for his new quest, and his quest is to go talk to someone else about the most boring inconsequential **** you've ever heard, AND THIS IS THE MAIN **** QUEST! I feel like I'm gonna have a stroke or mental disability if I play this any longer, everyone says it's great after the first 60 hours, how anyone got through those first 60 is beyond me, and if there's better fish in the sea, swim with them. It's too bad, because the combat system is very smooth and has potential. And in case you're wondering, all the side quests are go kill 3 monsters etc. Expand
  47. Jul 9, 2020
    Absolute perfection, successfully builds on the previous two expansions along with the base game.
    FFXIV now stands tall as one of the best Final Fantasy games with one of the best stories available in any RPG, well done to the team at Square Enix. You achieved beyond all our expectations!
  48. May 31, 2021
    Отличное продолжение сюжета предыдущих DLC.
    Из подземелья в подземелье, из локации в локацию (мои любимые локации среди всех дополнениях), все вызывает приятные эмоции.
    Музыкальное оформление, так вообще - пушка!
  49. Feb 16, 2021
    Easily the best MMO on the market. Great story, excellent music, fun combat, a colorful and well designed world and a friendly community.
  50. Jul 20, 2020
    I have been playing FFXIV for about a year and a half now. I came in just as the buzz for Shadowbringers was building. I love this game, the story, the amount of content, it is amazing! If you are wondering where all the good MMOs went, look no further than 14. I cannot recommend this enough, and it even inspired me to start a channel devoted to making FFXIV Videos. That is howI have been playing FFXIV for about a year and a half now. I came in just as the buzz for Shadowbringers was building. I love this game, the story, the amount of content, it is amazing! If you are wondering where all the good MMOs went, look no further than 14. I cannot recommend this enough, and it even inspired me to start a channel devoted to making FFXIV Videos. That is how passionate I am about this game. Warning though, you will need to devote a lot of time to the game, it is not for the faint of heart, or people who require Instant Gratification.
    This expansion is Perfect to me, and I literally have zero complaints.

Universal acclaim - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 10, 2019
    This expansion brings a phenomenal story set in a fun new environment and offers Trials that are truly worth your time and effort. When push comes to shove, however, Shadowbringers is mainly more of the same in a good way.
  2. Aug 10, 2019
    The question that every Final Fantasy fanatic poses is probably if it is still worth tackling all the extra obstacles, just to experience another epic adventure. As an online role-playing game, it requires a usual monthly subscription and every single expansion also has its price. If you look past that detail, Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is yet another excellent game in the series, albeit a little too adapted for online gambling to attract exactly all "regular" Final Fantasy fans.
  3. Aug 8, 2019
    As I said before, I cannot recommend Shadowbringers more. The story, visuals, music, vocal performances, and gameplay all combine together to create a phenomenal gaming experience. Final Fantasy XIV has only gotten better over time, and after playing Shadowbringers I have simply no idea how they are going to better this expansion in the future. It really and truly is that good.