7.6

1. Dec 13, 2016
    I'm extremely disappointed with this game. My mayor gripe is with the story, you can clearly tell it's a mishmash of unfinished bits. Like they run out of time and cobbed together everything they had. Think something like the ending of SWTOR 2 but for more than half the game. I don't understand how something so glaring didn't get mentioned in the reviews. You may end up mildly enjoying theI'm extremely disappointed with this game. My mayor gripe is with the story, you can clearly tell it's a mishmash of unfinished bits. Like they run out of time and cobbed together everything they had. Think something like the ending of SWTOR 2 but for more than half the game. I don't understand how something so glaring didn't get mentioned in the reviews. You may end up mildly enjoying the story but be warned: you'll feel like some major plot points have been left out.

My second gripe is with the combat system. But maybe it's just me because a lot of people seems to enjoy it. I find it somewhat "bare". Progressing into the skill tree doesn't open up interesting new mechanics. Plus the interface is cumbersone. You can map to quick buttons 3 of you party skills but if you want to use something different in fights you have to fiddle with menues breaking up the pace of the combat. I really don't like it but i guess that's personal

Last is the open world side of the game. It's really meh. Nothing special there to see or do. Plus moving around is a royal pain in the ass. You have fast travel but only by day. If you're stuck out there by night and you don't want to rest in a camp you have to "drive" the car manually which consists in keeping a trigger pushed and watching your veichle slowing trudging toward you destination for some minutes
  2. Dec 1, 2016
    I'll list the pro and con of the game:

+ Very good graphics and textures, especially on some monsters/bosses. + Very pretty environments - The battle system is to simple and lacks depth (the magic system is terrible). - Far too many "filler" fetch quests (almost all secondary quests are filler quests) which pales in comparison to secondary quests of games such as Skyrim, fallout or
    I'll list the pro and con of the game:

+ Very good graphics and textures, especially on some monsters/bosses.
    + Very pretty environments

- Far too many "filler" fetch quests (almost all secondary quests are filler quests) which pales in comparison to secondary quests of games such as Skyrim, fallout or the witcher 3.
    - The storytelling relies far too much on the kingsglaive movie and exposition.
    - The open world part of the game isn't exploited to its full potential, as free exploration isn't very well rewarded by the game (secondary quest have to be fetch mostly in town hubs, you generally can't stumble upon secondary quests by simply exploring the world as in other open world game).
    - Far too many time is spent in the car going backk and forth between quest hubs, which make play cessions boring.

It's far from being the worst JRPG I played, but it is far from being the best either. The game is disapointing as a Final Fantasy and makes me regret the older iteration of the franchise.
  3. Dec 16, 2016
    The wait for this game is comparable to the Gun N' Roses Chinese Democracy album; just because it's been in development for 10 years does not mean it's a good thing. This is evident in the final product as you can see ideas sprinkled throughout that don't all add together well. After completing the story, I can safely say this was pretty disappointing overall
    The combat for example is
    The combat for example is not very satisfying. For the first part of the game, you can simply hold down the attack button with the occasional dodge/parry button prompt. Eventually you have more options such as magic, teammate techniques, etc but overall, there's a lot of holding down attack button. Warp striking feels like the only versatile option yet, not too satisfying. I rarely ever needed to use magic and using potions becomes a pain since there is no armor in the entire game. You can use accessories/boosts but plan on using hi-potions constantly. Why there is no armor beats me but being dressed in black leather the entire game looks retarded. Also, I have yet to have the option to use a "summon" as this is prompt sensitive at random times. So in conclusion, you can count on holding O button, reusing potions, and warp striking to get your way to the end.
    The story Is not interesting. You will most likely be pretty confused as to what is going on and rely on the internet to sum it all up. You start off reclaiming your throne and towards the end, just gets confusing. Most importantly, I didn't even care what was going on at that point. Just be aware it gets confusing with some plot twist that make it more confusing. The story also tries to make you care about the bond of you and your friends, yet the characters are so terrible you couldn't care if any of them died.
    The graphics/setting looks pretty neat, like a final fantasy game. Some of the textures are a little ugly but overall pretty good. I think the roads, humans, real life product placement, etc take away from the fantasy setting unfortunatley. A lot of the land is pretty empty too which leads to the next point: pacing
    Where this game fails the most is the pacing. Getting from point A to B gets pretty tedious. The driving in the game is terrible and unnecessary. A lot of times you will want to fast travel (if you can) which can take some long loading times. Or you will have to fast travel to your car, then fast travel again to wherever. The best way of getting around is probably by chocobo.
    In conclusion, not too good. There are good moments of battle, exploring, hunting but sadly gets overshadowed my the flaws. When those moments do shine though, they can make for what could have been a stellar game. The development time shows evidence of these sporadic good/bad ideas. I'm at the point of extras after completing the game and I will say the option dungeon was pretty cool, although not the best reward. I'm hoping some of the extra dungeons, bosses are interesting too but after the story, it almost seems too late to fully get emerged into the experience.
    P.S. the music was a total let down...even the one good song from the demo "Noctis dream" isn't even in the game!
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    + Great atmosphere
    + Awesome characters
    + I dig the combat when set to Wait mode
    + Fishing :D
    + Roadtrip feeling
    - Long travel / Loading
    - Sometimes bugs when accepting quests or characters being stuck
  5. Dec 4, 2016
    TLTR: This game is a biiiiiiiiiiiig empty but pretty cardboard box.

I will start by saying that I have played all Final Fantasy titles since the 4th, and this one is one of the biggest letdown of the century (placed right by Star Ocean : Integrity and Faithlessness). For sure the graphics are pretty good as well as the soundtrack, but to call this game a Final Fantasy, I am not so sure.
    TLTR: This game is a biiiiiiiiiiiig empty but pretty cardboard box.

-To begin, it has about 10h of main story, that is half-explained, the rest are all Fetch-And-Retrieve side quests, coupled with never-ending loading times. I mean, if I wanted to play Assassin's Creed/Infamous/Skyrim, that is what I would've played. I will repeat it again, the biggest disappointment is the main story, in his length, weird timeline and lack of depth.
    -Secondly, the hype building. I mean, you cannot hype a game for some years, cancel it, then bring it back as this half finished product. And can we say all those trailers we got over the last years aren't representing the product delivered ?
    -Finally, the interactions between characters. Yeah Gladio is rough but caring, Prompto is hyper and punny, Ignis is the smart-type, however that is the only depth they all have. No character evolution, no revelation, nothing.

In summary, if this game was from another serie, I wouldd maaaaybe give it like 7/10, but as a standalone Final Fantasy, it deserves a 4/10. I was expecting Squeenix to save themselves with this title, after the whole FFXIII-2-3 flop, but they only went deeper. Take this from a real FF fan, not a open-world-empty-game fan.
  6. Dec 21, 2016
    This was barely final fantasy for me, the cooking, driving, camping, selfies forced on you to earn AP was less final fantasy and more mainstream culture shoved down your throat. This game definitely has its merit but it is not final fantasy and shouldn't be advertised as such.
  7. Nov 30, 2016
    After 10 long years, FFXV has finally released. Now the question is " Was it worth the wait?"

Yes, I believe it was. I am 20 hours into the game and I am enjoying the open world it gives me along with it's sidequests and I am still only beginning the story. The combat is nice and flows well most times. The ascension and elemancy are good at building up your characters and their spells.

The ascension and elemancy are good at building up your characters and their spells. The characters, while clever, do get annoying as they repeat their dialogue over and over.

But there are some bugs every now and again like pixels will get distorted when I do link attacks or imperial dropships will glitch and start moving like a student driver is at the wheel then it will go through the map I'm on.
  8. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and the story is VERY good at all. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis epic journey with his best friends is very real and deep. The battle system is so good and the game has the best dungeons in all FF series. I loved Princess Luna, she is so cute and strong.
  9. Dec 10, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a mess with its story half of its chapter's is open world kinda, and the last half is super linear more linear then FFXIII. Imo FFXIII story plot was much better then FFXV i Felt like they rushed this game and didn't give it the attension it needed. i play Final fantasy For the amazing graphics and character design's i Love Nomura's character designs , plus i play for the story and beautiful cutscenes and of course combat diffculty. sadly this game only had one . and that's the Graphics which only looks good on a 4k HDR TV. it even haves a setting for HDR in the option. so if u don't have a 4k hdr 65" tv u wont get the full experience which is sad. plus the game doesn't even have a Hard mode. highest mode is normal mode. which is super easy. i was able to level up to lvl 70 on chapter 3 in the story with ease. since they allow you to do almost every side quest that gives you a bunch of Experiance and whats makes it more easy level is they give tally experience point bonus like 2x lodge so i pretty much got 600k+ experience in 4 in game days . Making me go from level 53 to level 68. game haves no challage. one other thing that is annoying is prompto asking me what he should shoot with his camera. every in game day. i wish their was a option in game that i can tell him what to shoot instead of having the game slow down to wait for him to ask me the same question over and over again. ok thats just a few small things i didn't about the game mechanic's. now for the story and boss battle's. What the ****was Hajime Tabata smoking when he made that leviathan battle? the camera was all over the place u can barely control are see warp spots. and if u fall in the water the camera get stuck looking down at the water for 4 top 5 minutes(for me it did) plus the second half of the fight reminded me of sonic Adventure chaos boss battle when sonic goes super sonic. its litearlly the same concept a giant water monster in the middle and u flying around it hitting it. compared to the 2013 e3 game trailer for that fight. you could tell it was downgraded by alot and rushed. when i met downgraded i mean tetsuya nomura had to give it to someone that mostly makes handheld/mobile games. chapter's 11-14. enough said WTH? more linear then ff13 one chapter is you in a train. just riding a train to lunafreya's home to talk to a old lady and then go back to the train. plus they kill off the main villien in kingsglaive off scree. okay i am done the only good thing is graphics on 4k hdr tv and free roam. there's alot more cons for this cons but i don't wanna spoil this mess of a story mode Expand
  10. Nov 30, 2016
    Best Final Fantasy to come out since 9. Seriously very well done. The combat mechanics are pretty amazing and world feels very alive / open so far. Only downside is a wonky camera and you cant accept multiple hunts at a time. Four hours in and i'm still in the first act.
  11. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV ,10 years in the making? Well I highly doubt this is true as there are a lot of open world games out now that have A LARGER VARIETY OF THINGS TO DO & HAVE MORE DIVERSE PLACES TO EXPLORE. Outside of the FUN BOSS FIGHTS the game feels a LITTLE BLAND & LACKING though. That said the combat feels fluid & the story gets a pass & yes the game looks great with a LITTLE ALIASINGFinal Fantasy XV ,10 years in the making? Well I highly doubt this is true as there are a lot of open world games out now that have A LARGER VARIETY OF THINGS TO DO & HAVE MORE DIVERSE PLACES TO EXPLORE. Outside of the FUN BOSS FIGHTS the game feels a LITTLE BLAND & LACKING though. That said the combat feels fluid & the story gets a pass & yes the game looks great with a LITTLE ALIASING THOUGH & for a game that's supposedly 10 years in the making than if you ask me the VISUALS SHOULD BE OF UNCHARTERED 4 STANDARD & they fall a little short in this comparison. THE HIGHLIGHT HOWEVER ARE THE INCREDIBLE BOSS FIGHTS which are the FOCAL POINT OF THE GAME & the creatures look amazing ,authentic & play intelligently & the game gets a 10 in this department & it is highly advised to do the TUTORIAL before commencing upon your somewhat interesting yet challenging journey. Final Fantasy XV is a fun game which should provide many fun hours & longevity however CONSIDERING THE HYPE & LENGTH OF TIME IT HAS TAKEN TO MAKE, FALLS A LITTLE SHORT OF THE MARK FOR ME. Expand
  12. Nov 30, 2016
    Hail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities andHail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities and "game's journalists" ruin this one for you (how many of them skipped the tutorial and don't even realize you can lock onto enemies with R3? Seriously...). Love this game, find myself smiling just listening to music on the car's stereo or looking over Prompto's photos at camp each night. Can't say enough about this game. Once I get home after school, I'll be sitting in front of the TV like it's 1997 all over again. Expand
  13. Nov 30, 2016
    I've been a fan the the FF series for quite a while now, however many fans have found the last few entries to be disappointing. With this new game trying to restore the once good name of Final Fantasy, and overcome the troubled development, and also create an experience for old fans and newcomers, Final Fantasy XV has a titanic task ahead of it. Does it live up to the hype? Short answer,I've been a fan the the FF series for quite a while now, however many fans have found the last few entries to be disappointing. With this new game trying to restore the once good name of Final Fantasy, and overcome the troubled development, and also create an experience for old fans and newcomers, Final Fantasy XV has a titanic task ahead of it. Does it live up to the hype? Short answer, not really.

FF15 isn't a bad game (although I'm going to rail on it and you're going to get really mad at me, but hear me out). It's just such a mixed bag throughout. The characters aren't bad, but compared to previous FF games, they're pretty bland. They look like four near identical emo boys who just got gift cards to Hot Topic The only way to tell them apart is their hair. When I think back to the diverse casts that had men, women, white, black, old, young, human, non-human, I remember how much I loved those old characters. These four dudes are fairly dull by comparison. Throughout your game you don't recruit new party members or get to choose from a list. It's just the same four boys all day every day.

The story is nonsense. It starts off fairly simple and I understood what was happening, even if it was pretty bland. But as the story ramps up, it quickly becomes incoherent, mainly because the game doesn't give you the information to understand what's going on. There is a supplemental anime and movie, but I didn't watch them, and from what I've heard they're pretty confusing as well, so I don't know that they would help. All I can say is, if I buy a game, it should have a coherent story without requiring me to watching 5 hours of other junk.

The gameplay consists of traveling and fighting. The traveling is mainly on foot or by car. The car drives itself, leaving you to just stare at the scenery for long stretches. You can manually drive, but the car is on rails, so you don't even steer. And since the car is limited to about 40 MPH, don't expect to get anywhere fast. Once you reach your destination with your car, you're frequently asked to run around for long distances to reach your goal. This often means spending several minutes running through open, empty landscape after you just spent several minutes driving through open, empty road. You can go long stretches of time (10+ minutes) with literally nothing happening.

Battles aren't much better. On the positive side, the battles are action packed. However, you don't really control much going on. You mainly hold down the circle button the entire time, occasionally blocking or warping. You can switch between different weapons on the fly, but they don't make much of a difference, except for sometimes dealing bonus damage on certain enemies. I was able to use the same strategy on nearly every fight in the game, because the game doesn't really ask you to use any strategy. Also, the camera likes to freak out a lot, and can become especially cumbersome when fighting large groups of enemies in narrow corridors.

Between missions you can visit various towns and pit-stops, but most have only a half dozen people in them and only a couple can interact with you. Open world games only work if you fill them up with people to see and things to do. The world of FF15 feels sparse and lonely.

The graphics are really nice, something that FF games are known for. However, most modern AAA games look great, so having good graphics doesn't really make you stand out from the crowd. The animations and character models are a mixed bag. During main story cutscenes, the graphics and animations look great, but during the side quest stuff, it looks like something from last gen or even older. Sometimes animations can look downright stiff and archaic.

The sound design is also a mixed bag. Sometimes the voice acting is quite good, other times it's laughable bad. Sometimes the music is good, sometimes it sounds like a 90's golfing game. Sometimes the ambient noise is immersive, and other times it's flat or absent. There's a "home theater" option in the audio menu, but I couldn't tell the difference between that and the default setting. I have Sony 7.1 surround sound headphones, which make most modern games sound incredible, but I found the sound mix in FF15 to be rather flat overall.

Really, at the end of the day, there are better open world games and better RPGs. FF15 isn't a terrible game, and I did get some enjoyment out of it, but overall the package feels lackluster. This is about as mediocre a FF game you can get. Not terrible, but not great either.
  14. Nov 30, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV has all the ingredients that makes for a great game. I was admittedly saddened when they announced the changes but I accepted this was their vision and embraced changed. I find the battle system a little simplistic but rewarding.

Graphics are top notch. Story is great but you can get a little confused would recommend watch the Anime series and Kingsglaive before starting.
  15. Nov 29, 2016
    awesome game all round. very polished and the combat has a flow that i didnt think it had watching the streams of the judgement disc. very easy to get the grove of but hard to master. the game is also quite funny in the small talk and banter.

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT

p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate attack against this game by rating it poorly and down voting positive reviews. please take this idiocy into consideration when making your decisions about this game.
  16. Dec 1, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I made a review the day the game officially came out, since I got the game 4 days earlier. At the time I was maybe halfway through the game. I just beat the game earlier today, so I thought I'd update my review to give a clearer description. This will contain some spoilers too as I have some thoughts about the game as well.

The biggest thing is Luna's death. What was really a shame, is that we didn't really feel much attachment to her it seems, compared to Aerith from FF7, yet her death felt so similar to Aerith's death. Luna got stabbed by the main villain, and there was even something involving water when she summoned Leviathan, and even with her falling into the water inside Noctis' dream.

The ending was a little strange too, and a bit confusing at first. It was something like a good ending, bad ending, but it felt like something for each person to imagine themselves how the game should end.

Now the other thing is, I don't understand the hate for the game from some users. I think some people just want to see the world burn, or they can't get the nostalgia out from their butt to move forward and truly see how great FFXV is.

People can praise other open world RPGs as game of the year and really enjoy it, while those games don't play as great as FFXV does. I can understand FFXV having very high expectations because it's the 15th in the main series (100th+ FF in the series overall after all the spin-offs, remakes, etc.), and 10 years in the making also has a lot of expectations (but the game has been redone, so people are forgetting that it hasn't been a full 10 years just towards the game we have now.

If you stand back and look at the game for what it is, instead of a FF game with 10 years in development, then you'll see it has a fresh new take on the JRPG genre. You have a massive open world to explore, and much like a FF MMO or a MMO in general, you can travel and go anywhere and do any quests in the order you want.

The character's feel bland to you? Well, we have the tough guy who is very loyal to the Prince and his friends, Gladio. He's a fun guy to have around to often tease Prompto as well. We have Prompto, he's the Michaelangelo of the team (same voice actor that does that TMNT's character voice too), and he's the comic relief to add in one liners and to make the road trip and adventure fun. We have Ignis, the smart guy and the brains of the whole team, while he makes sure to take care of the crew and their essential needs during the trip. Then we have Noctis, at times he can get emo, but that was always how a main FF character was in most of the main series. Generally he's a positive guy that has a goal in mind, and he's learning about the world and bonding with his team mates. Maybe people are sore there are no girls in the mix or the cast isn't all female instead? Well, there are some females in the game, and even some join your team for a while.

There's also an array of other interesting characters throughout the game. Along with fast combat, and a series of side quests and mini games. I feel this game deserves to be game of the year. I was looking at the other top rated games of this year, and I don't feel those games have anything on this game. But of course, this game probably won't get goty due to so many expectations and some going in to try and nitpick everything they can about it because of all the hype.

Despite all that, it's a beautiful and fun game. The story could've been better for a FF game, but sometimes it's good for them to be a little different and not always make a story with complexity and twists, but a more simpler story, so they can focus on other things.

Play the game for yourself if you haven't, and definitely form your own opinion of the game. It's well worth the purchase.
  17. Dec 13, 2016
    About 30 hours played and I really want to enjoy the game more but I just can't. The first 10 hours or so were enjoyable: Learning the new world, learning the combat system, learning the skills and ascension system. But the more I play the more it started going off the rails.

Let's start with the biggest issue of all, story. I went into this game having watched both Kingsglaive (the movie) and Brotherhood (the anime), so I have never once felt lost or confused. However, if someone picks up the game without having touched the movie or anime, they'll be utterly lost about what they're really out there doing. The fundamental core of a role playing game is the story and being forced to go outside of the game to learn the backstory that rounds out the game is a HUGE no-no.

The real time combat system is decent but after around 10-15 hours you'll realize you're basically using the same 2-3 weapon types, doing the same combos, using the same 2-3 techniques from the rest of your party members, and just yawning your way through most encounters. The only time the encounters are troublesome is late, late at night when it sometimes feels like dropping high level daemons on you or when you get literal battalions of magitek solders dropped on your head.

Open world: This is where the game really falls apart. Most of the quests are just glorified, MMO-style, fetch and return quests but the worst problem is the insane amount of time it takes to get places. Only certain areas (cities, rest stops, some parking stops) get the benefit of fast travel, so when going from quest area to quest area you're forced to sit there and endure the wait of travel. This can take anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes REAL TIME depending on distance. Even IF you can fast travel, the load times are so bad that often they're not much better than waiting for the driving. After about 10 hours I realized I was waiting far more often than I was playing so I started using Chocobos instead of driving - but that's about the same, as Chocobos have most of the same design limitations as the car except they can go offroad. When riding a Chocobo, you can basically move forward and sprint. So instead of waiting to drive, you're just holding R2 to make the Chocobo run. I would say that of my total 30 hours played thus far, a good third of that - maybe more - has been spent waiting either at load screens or in transit.

Sound: The soundtrack is so utterly forgettable that I find myself purposely listening to the overworld music from every other FF game via the car "radio".

It's playable, and enjoyable for a while at first, but then it devolves into a boring waiting simulator with rote combat and a convoluted story (unless you've watched the corresponding media outside of the game). Sq-Enix tried copying the western RPG style and it's clear this is just a pale imitation.

One final note: NO ONE has made fishing an enjoyable side game. Outside of the arcadey Sega Bass Fishing, every attempt has been boring and tiresome. There's a reason fishing been extremely maligned within the World of Warcraft community and it's no better here. Game devs, stop trying to make fishing a fun side game that always devolves into boring QTE crapfests.
  18. Nov 29, 2016
    Fun game with great atmosphere and characters. It's at the same time not your classic Final Fantasy game, but still keeps a true Final Fantasy feel to it. It also has a large open world areas which can sometimes work against it though since long travel times can sometimes be a little dull. Overall a great game though well worth playing.
  19. Nov 29, 2016
    Never been a Final Fantasy fan, but this game impressed me. Graphics are at par, some glitches here and there. The acting and voice are a bit stale and poor. A lot of options but too many to count.
  20. Nov 29, 2016
    Here is an honest review of the game after popping in 40+ hours.
    I have also included some tips and suggestions to give you a little more understanding
    STORY: If you haven't watched kingsglave or brotherhood then the story might make little sense to you. A lot of the problem with the story is that its so heavily linked to other parts of the XV franchise. It is actually a good story
    Here is an honest review of the game after popping in 40+ hours.

STORY:

If you haven't watched kingsglave or brotherhood then the story might make little sense to you. A lot of the problem with the story is that its so heavily linked to other parts of the XV franchise. It is actually a good story not a great story but one that was most memorable and enjoyable. My suggestion to you before playing the game is to go watch Kingsglaive and brotherhood to give yourself a bit of backbone to piece things together in the game. Besides the ramble the characters at first glance may not seem to be what you would class as awesome characters just by looks but when you get into the game you feel like your one of the buddies and somethings can hit you right in the chest.

GAMEPLAY:

Gameplay, for the most part is extremely different from the traditional ATB or TBS style gameplay combat system reminds me a little of DMC with its own twist. be wary though as there are still bugs within the combat gameplay sometimes when you hold for parry it might not actually parry and just dodge you instead which can be annoying for later bosses that require you to parry to advance. Sometimes your warp strikes will also send you across the map but I guess the bugs give it a little character? There is also the issue of frame rate sometimes in battle it can drop down to about 10 frames if its chaotic.

EXPLORATION:

if you are a fan of open world this game maybe for you. Mind you I did find that some of the areas became bland and boring the more I moved around and had to go back to that same area for side quests. It feels like a general MMO with a vast world you can get into.

DESIGN/GRAPHICS:

Fantasy based on reality was the term used to market this game. Graphics can look a tad outdated, harsh edges and problems with physics trick the mind to going into uncanny valley. Hair in this game looks pretty low poly and sharp. It would have been nice to see some better texture on the environment as well. Overall design is okay but graphics could have been updated and optimised.

OVERALL:

Final Fantasy XV is a good game. It is hard to tell you whether or not you should pick up the game. Honestly its really your own choice. It plays pretty well to story and exploration for the most part. If you like fast paced action then you should enjoy this game.

PROS:
    - pretty good story
    - memorable characters
    - alright soundtrack
    - combat system is somewhat unique
    - The regalia is customisable
    CONS:
    - buggy framerate in battles
    - outdated textures
    - bug haven
    - story hard to follow if not done prerequisites

TIPS BEFORE YOU PLAY
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV 101 from the official youtube page
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV Kingsglave
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood
    - Play the tutorial before starting your new game

OVERALL SCORE: 8
  21. Nov 30, 2016
    One of the greatest things that Final Fantasy does is changes itself to fit with the times. The characters work beautifully and you get truly engulfed in the world. Some of the greatest scenes in the game are the simplest. Just driving before nightfall, watching the sun set over the mountains reminds you of all the little details that were so elegantly put into creating this game.
  22. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    And for the most part it delivers. The combat is the best combat system in any open world game, I personally liked the characters, and although they had a solid reason not to have female cast members, I personally am not a fan of the decision.
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    The plot serves the purpose of a journey, it is about a young dude learning about the dirty things of the world, and finding the way to deal with it.
    What makes the game so engaging is the fun factor, I cant explain it but running around in the world and talking a look at all the things going on can easily make for hours of fun. You can spend four hours in the first segment of the game without even advancing the plot.
    An excellent game that pushes the boundaries of the Role Playing genre and a mush have for all action/RPG/adventure fans.
  23. Nov 29, 2016
    Awesome game IN EVERY ASPECT.. i LOVE EVERYTHING so far. I MUST say i wasn't happy with just four main party members but i now understand why it was done for this game. 10/10 :)
  24. Nov 30, 2016
    This game is sooooo good. I cannot believe how simple, yet complex, everything is. Super easy to relate to, and scratches the JRPG itch like nothing has in quite a while (along with I Am Setsuna). Brilliant game!
  25. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is easily the best FF game since IX.

- Cast is so unique and defined. And you care about them.
    - Graphics are the one of the best on this gen.
    - The open world is a game changer on the serie and is soo good.
    - Combat is exquisite and varied.
    - Chocobos!
    - Music is godlike.
    - Quests are addictive.

If you love RPGs go for it!
  26. Dec 22, 2016
    The story is terrible nothing happens for 10 chapters then you suddenly have finished the game, combat system is made in the 90' and it's not a RPG at all, magic is boring and a complete waste of time.

Everything that you loved about all the old good FF is not in this game.
  27. Nov 29, 2016
    Being the fifteenth main entry in a long running franchise is an impressive milestone however that does mean that it holds a lot of pressure. Does Final Fantasy XV
    live up to hype and do it's predecessors proud?
    Amazingly yes. I'm not saying that I had much doubt with all main entries hitting the mark with almost everyone that played them but with that being the new style of gameplay,
    live up to hype and do it's predecessors proud?
    gameplay, using Kingdom Hearts as an example, was a little worrying especially with some early demos making the game seem a little simplistic. I can now confirm that
    my worries have been vanquished as this game really did hit a cord with me. Taking the action approach was a brave choice as it might've not sat well with longtime
    Final Fantasy fans and with the usual linear open world being upgraded to a fully open world could have missed the mark as well but once again I was not disappointed.
    All changes to the usual formula were welcomed. The driving is a particular favorite new inclusion for me as I love snapshot moments and my god does this game have
    plenty of those.
    The graphics are stunning as no other game has made me feel the weight and size of the world since Shadow Of The Colossus.
    The linearity of the story was a little troublesome at times but it was a feat overcome due to the amazing battles across this epic world. Another issue was the
    story's length as with Final Fantasy games you're normally engaged for an average of 40 hours and with this game being half of the time I only wished it went on for
    a bit longer. With that being said the much more noticeable side quests were appreciated as they added an element of fun to each area of the game.
    The characters that inhabit this world are also some of the most interesting in the series yet with Noctus being a definite standout among the others (good job he's
    the protagonist then!).
    My final concern was with the Kingsglave film as a lot of lore and story elements were revealed through there and a few twists that were spoiled by the film. I feel
    as if they released the film after the game the response would've been better and the surprises the game had to offer weren't highlighted in the film.
    Wrapping this up I rate Final Fantasy XV an 8/10.
    The game is truly one of the best this year and a welcome return to the franchise!
  28. Nov 29, 2016
    + Characters
    + Great combat system
    + Very good story
    + Roadtrip
    + Dungeons very various and enjoying

- Sometimes the way they tell the story is a bit confusing
    - The need to watch Kingslave to fully understand the politic issues
    - Loading time

+ and - Graphics gorgeous but not all the time
  29. Nov 29, 2016
    XV is an absolute masterpiece . people will appreciate it a lot more in a couple of years, i can tell.
    the story it self is actually pretty good. but the storytelling wasn't good at all , it felt like it's missing a lot ... ( but the ending is my favorite in the franchise )
    the Journey feel was nailed perfectly . and the 4 crew members are really great together . the Battle system is
    the Battle system is honestly my favorite in any rpg game ever . Action based with some tactics. i love it!!
    the World design is mind blowing @@ you can't get enough of exploring all these areas with your chocobo ! and the cities are stunning .. especially Altissia
    oh and the Dungeons !! best dungeons design I've seen in a video game .
    and Music is a 10/10 of course .

+ Great Ending
    + Amazing Battle System
    + stunning World and Dungeons design
    + lot's of extra things to do post game
    + The journey feel was perfect
    + AMAZING Music
    + loved how the first part was open world and the second was a linear path

- Story was a bit of a mess

while there's some stuff that could've been better .. it still get a 10/10 from me =)
    my GOTY .. and GOTG so far .
  30. Nov 29, 2016
    All right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, butAll right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, but good.
    - It may not deserve a 10/10, but surely not a 6/10, and for the love of god, not a 0/10. This guys are really stupid if they gave it less than 6/10. I highly recommend it and I think it will be running for game of the year (and will win).
  31. Nov 29, 2016
    First off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats justFirst off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats just me, you can hold up to 4 different weapon types and switch while in combat which I find nice and it adds variety. The open world is vast and filled with quests to do like hunting, you can also fish and scavenge for treasure. Characters are all likeable (except Prompto's voice is a lil annoying in english but not terrible). Driving the car is a little boring tho, but at least your able to drive it at all so its somethin. So far story seems interesting and I don't plan on spoiling it but I think its pretty solid so far from what ive seen. I myself give the game a 9.5/10 since ive been having so much fun with it and to me it was worth the wait. Expand
  32. Dec 4, 2016
    I just finished the game. its not the best FF we ever got, but it is a game worthy of its name.
    Gameplay-wise, nearly perfect.
    The story by itself is extremly great, the story-telling not so much.
    I will rate it 10/10, because of all these salty 0/10 reviews from PC-Gamers and Haters.
    i would give it 87/100.
  33. Nov 30, 2016
    FF XV it's a great adventure, the new battle system is so epic, the graphics , history, it's perfect! a masterpiece of 10 years of development. Square Enix Reclaim his throne.
  34. Nov 30, 2016
    Although it might seem like a very weird game from some trailers, once you play you see how everything fits well.
    Epic gameplay, epic bosses, lots of things to do in an extremely well polished game.
    This is a easy 10 for me.
  35. Nov 30, 2016
    I'm new to Final Fantasy, but I was exited for Final Fantasy 15 and actually pre-ordered it months ago. I'm glad to say I haven't been disappointed!

The game itself is a massive improvement upon the demos and all that clunkiness is completely gone, the game controls and runs real smooth-although loading times can be a bit long, there not to bad. Combat is actually pretty good, its

Combat is actually pretty good, its fun and fast paced, but at the same time it can be a little bit difficult to tell whats going on due to the camera not really being able to keep up. However if you opt to choose wait mode, which is a slower approach to combat were you can plan out your attacks (which is something the long time fans may prefer if they would rather turn-based combat) the problems with the camera will probably cease.

The characters who everyone was probably a bit worried about are actually pretty likeable and I find myself really getting attached to them, there is a real sense of camaraderie with Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto as you endeavour on this epic road trip.

A feature I thought might be a bit pointless was that Prompto actually takes photos of each day in game, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it's actually a pretty nice touch-he takes some pretty cool photos which range from action shots of you fighting and group photos- all of which are memories you'll be looking back upon fondly.

The soundtrack is also fantastic, it's really the icing on the cake on whats a really good game.

There are some parts were pacing problems here and there, driving (whilst by no means is bad) may be a bit disappointing because it tends to be automatic a fair bit (you will get your chance to drive though) and along with the occasional bug, Final Fantasy is not a perfect game-but there really isn't such a thing and all that matters in the end is if you enjoyed the game or not and to say I enjoy Final Fantasy 15 is an understatement.
  36. Nov 29, 2016
    After reading the red reviews, then opening up the box and playing the game for myself, 95% those idiots obvious never played it. Graphics are good, characters are fine. Some missions are boring but most of them are a lot of fun. Tons to explore and epic fights. So yeah, don't believe those "bad" reviews from people who are hating on it just because.
  37. Nov 29, 2016
    Take a look at all reviews from media outlet. Almost all of them said that the main cast (Noctis and his friends) are soooooo good and well writen. They are part of the story, in fact their relashionship is the mais plot of FFXV since the beggining and Square Enix did this so well.
  38. Nov 29, 2016
    Final fantasy xv is a great game with an impressive artistic section and wonderful graphics effects. A great open world full of things to do. The second half is linear and offers the strength that final fantasy xv needed. Is a huge game with very intense moments. Good characters and grand final. The endgame is very broad and fun. I recommend it.
  39. Nov 29, 2016
    Best RPG of the current generation. Sure, it was stuck in development hell for 10 years and that automatically gets people to feel "iffy" about picking it up, but now that it's out I can safely say it lives up to the standards of a great game. The content is PG/PG-13 which makes it a game that kids and young teens can also enjoy (So happy that square didn't use sexual content to try toBest RPG of the current generation. Sure, it was stuck in development hell for 10 years and that automatically gets people to feel "iffy" about picking it up, but now that it's out I can safely say it lives up to the standards of a great game. The content is PG/PG-13 which makes it a game that kids and young teens can also enjoy (So happy that square didn't use sexual content to try to sell an RPG .. cough cough looking at you GTA 5 , Witcher 3 and Mass Effect). Expand
  40. Nov 29, 2016
    I made 12 hours in the game and it is for me 10/10. The story is good, the world is very open, I loved Cidney, and all Noctis friends. The car control is a little boring, but overwall the game has everything that we FF fans asked for. I liked FF13, but this game is MUCH BETTER than that. BUY IT NOW.
  41. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are aFinal Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are a long time Final Fantasy veteran or an RPG fan that has yet to try a Final Fantasy title. Expand
  42. Nov 29, 2016
    O jogo possui batalhas muitos bem feitas , o mundo aberto é sensacional , as armas e summons são incríveis ... Acho que a única coisa que faltou foi uma história mais envolvente.
  43. Dec 6, 2016
    Cliche'd story without anything happening and horrible pacing.
    No sense of progression. The first time something noteworthy happens is chapter 9/15.
    One chapter is literally: Use auto travel to get to another outpost. Thats 1/15th of the plot! In a story driven game!!! During one mission you are tasked to capture an imperial officer. After you capture him a party member sais that he is
    Cliche'd story without anything happening and horrible pacing.
    During one mission you are tasked to capture an imperial officer. After you capture him a party member sais that he is taking him back to base only to tell you seconds later that he escaped. Even better: there was no reason to be on that mission in the first place. You simply get told to capture that dude by your party members and after he escapes it is like this mission has never happened.
    Cheap attempts of tragedy. Killing characters you have no reason to care for does not make an emotional story.
    Why have different costumes if your start with 3 additional custumes for each character that have worse attributes than the standard one? Only one costumes is obtainable later. Did the 3D artists run out of time?

Walking cliches as characters. You play the moody teen boy traveling with the loud and friendly 'big guy', the 'mature' nerd who wears glasses (in case you don't notice he is the nerdy guy) and the annoying and kind of simple minded guy who wants to take selfies all the time.
    Weird out-of-character behavior during cut-scenes.
    There is no reason for having a party. Only one character can be controlled. The others don't have a role in the plot. There is no dialog except senseless banter.
    Your companions are incredible one dimensional and don't have anything interesting to say after the first one or two hours.
    It feels like the intra-party dialog was implemented before the story was written so the dialog doesn't have any connection to the plot.

At one point. Noctis gets told that he can freely choose which three of his party members he wants to put on 'evacuation duty'. He cannot pick himself because he must fight the monster. Which three of his three companions might he choose for this important task?
    It is obvious that a bigger party system was planned but scrapped and the remnants are still all over the place.
    Glitchy 'interact' button. Every time you want to interact with something you will jump first because there is a tiny amount of velocity left. There is more than one button on the gamepad. Use them, dammit!
    Side quests are a bad joke. You can only run errants for shop owners etc. There are no side stories whatsoever. Weirdly, you don't talk to the shop owner to start a quest. Instead you interact with some arbitrary item in his vicinity. I know its not a big deal but its so weird. Especially with the super glitchy interaction button.
    The world is empty. Almost all quests amount to a bad walking simulator. No monsters, no treasures, no nothing. One level is a literal walking simulator on a train. Just walk for 10 minutes. Nothing to do. No one to talk to.
    The world doesn't feel big. It feels like your running around the same diner for the whole game. Every place has the same side quests.
    It feels like a camping trip instead of a journey to save the world. Plus: invisible walls everywhere.
    Horrible 'level-design'. Some places look like a $10 asset flip on Steam.

A combat system that is basically one continuous QTE. There is no challenge. Press 'evade' until the parry event triggers. Then press Attack. Continue until everyone is dead. Works for hordes of weak enemies and huge bosses alike. Party members are simply a decoy.
    Your player level and equipment hardly even matters since you are practically invincible while pressing 'evade'. Fights will take a bit longer. That is all.
    Inconsistent cover mechanic. Why have a cover mechanic when nothing can be used as cover. A tiny piece of rock? Sure. A wall? Nope.
    Broken as hell 'Wait' mode. Boss fights wont work with Wait mode because occasionally you have to wait for the boss to do something. That doesn't work if time stops when you do nothing.
    Unresponsive controls.
    Glitchy lock-on mechanic and completely broken camera system.
    The game has a surprisingly elaborate cooking mechanic that does not work with the major part of the game.
    The main story missions rarely include opportunities to cook meals and even if you plan ahead and eat before starting the mission you can be sure that the first step of any mission is to stay somewhere over night thereby canceling to effect of meals.

The whole thing feels like a tech-demo with some half-assed gameplay put on top afterwards. I was promised a story full of intrigue, treachery and tragedy. I must have gotten a faulty disc because none of that happened during my play through.

One time, a boss was stuck at 1HP and wouldn't trigger the next QTE. I had to re-watch 20 minutes of unskippable cut scenes and repeat 20 minutes of glitchy, un-losable fight (It is literally 'hold one button until the monster is dead' )
  44. Dec 14, 2016
    This RPG is first of all, a crappy skyrim copy with final fantasy printed on it, and second of all, is literally annoying to play from start to finish, everything about it is tedious, too much travel, too much loading, the menus don't really function well, nothing feels convenient for the player, its as if they INTENDED for this game to be annoying to play.

The battle system leaves you

The battle system leaves you feeling like you have no control of the battle, nor awareness of it, i'm constantly baffled by my own party's terrible AI and surprised when all of the sudden everyone dies and i honestly have no idea why, or what to do about it, not to mention you cannot focus your attack on one enemy strategically. Battles are boring, you just hold 'O' till it's over and hope you don't have to use too many items to keep your guys alive. Enemies sometimes have brutal knockdown mechanics or simply ARE FLYING and you have no way to counter it, nor any way of disposing of large groups of enemies effectively. You have to create and equip magic spells individually (all of which have splash damage that hurts you), and make sure not to use up weapon slots because you need them for weapons YOU DON'T USE, THAT JUST BUFF YOUR CHARACTER, because there's no armor system.

The story?!?! Jesus Christ. You made a whole movie to set this story up, and halfway through the story, the entire storyline simply vanishes and gets replaced by a different villain, whose actions are barely explained, and none of the old characters get any exposition, nor is there any epilogue.

There is so much stuff in this game that is cosmetic and adds nothing to the game, and so many UI decisions that literally inconvenience the player and force you to wait and wait and wait. Wait for the upgrade, wait for the call, do quests and hunts, spend the night, warp to the car, warp to the rest spot, warp back to town, warp to the parking spot. It feels like a mess, it feels like its not cohesive, it feels like a frankenstein project they tried to smooth over, but could never get everyone on the same page.
  45. Feb 20, 2017
    Final Fantasy 15 feels like it should have been called Type-0 2. It lacks all the elements of a traditional Final Fantasy game. It starts off with an incoherent story. It feels like there are three story arcs going on in the beginning, but none of them result in a satisfying conclusion. Instead, we are sitting through Noctis's road trip. At no point in the game does it feel like a coherentFinal Fantasy 15 feels like it should have been called Type-0 2. It lacks all the elements of a traditional Final Fantasy game. It starts off with an incoherent story. It feels like there are three story arcs going on in the beginning, but none of them result in a satisfying conclusion. Instead, we are sitting through Noctis's road trip. At no point in the game does it feel like a coherent story. Noctis's friends already know each other very well and you only get to know them a little more through a few scenes at certain gas stations. It feels like three or four different stories were patched together to make a game with the final story arc being what should be the real story of the game.

The game allows Noctis to switch between four different weapons and one of those can be magic. The problem is that magic is extremely scarce and hard to come by. If you give it to your allies, they blow all of it near instantly, forcing you to use it yourself. For the most part, magic feels impractical and you are forced to use your main weapons. There are also Royal Weapons that are acquired from tombs throughout the game, but they drain your HP and are thus also impractical.

Combat isn't that good as well. It feels like a dumbed down version of one of Square-Enix's action RPGs. You just hold Square to defend and Circle to attack. Triangle and the D-Pad are basically for special attacks at this point. There just seems to be very little when it comes to combat. I feel like most of the time, I am just defending until I can get a Parry and Counter. Most enemies do not flinch from your attacks, forcing you onto the defensive while they just attack aggressively.

The large world itself is massively disappointing. There are a few diverse regions, but it is populated by a whole lot of nothing, just open fields and if you are lucky, you will see a few monsters. Most monsters are encountered through instanced hunts until much later in the game. You will rarely run into anything in the wild, even if you are deliberately looking for a fight. There are invisible walls around many rocks that appear for no apparent reason, even when you should be able to clearly jump to them. You will spend a majority of the game just watching Noctis and his friends ride in a car as you go from point A to point B. They needed to cut the distance between destinations by like 90%. There was no justification to having such a large and pointless world when you're not even going to populate it with anything.

A big problem I ran into during the course of the game was extremely long load times. When I press Load Game, it takes the game up to two minutes to load sometimes with two separate loading screens. Using fast travel results in massive load times. There are times when the game loads into a black screen and I have to wait even longer before I can move or do anything.
  46. Dec 19, 2016
    - Terrible plot with many flaws and irrelevant characters.
    - Story had a great potential, mas Hajime Tabata's director ruined it.
    - The majority of scenes showed on trailers since 2013 doesn't appear in game.
  47. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is the game that many people have waited for since 2006.
    It's the game that Final Fantasy XIII should have been. Throughout the entire of the PS3 life cycle there was a clear lack of AAA JRPG's and those that did grace the platform, did so only to disappoint.
    Final Fantasy XV is the game that many people have waited for since 2006.

Is Final Fantasy XV a perfect game? No. Is it the best Final Fantasy game? No. But it's without a doubt the best entry we've had since Final Fantasy X and it returns the franchise to its former glory.

For a start FFXV's soundtrack composed by Yoko Shimomura may be the best FF soundtrack of all time. (Yes you read that right), each track is more memorable than the last and in the heat of battle these arrangements will send shivers down your spine.

The battle system whilst not entirely perfect is the best battle system we've had in over a decade, over the last few instalments Square have tried to find something between the turn based ATB system & real time combat, but the truth is none of them really worked. By allowing FFXV to be dominated by real time combat you get a combat system that works for both newcomers and a hardcore fan base and not only that but the battles are actually really fun, aside from the severe lack of magic & summons.

The story can be hard to follow at times, but what did you expect? this is Final Fantasy!
    Thankfully the world of Eos is a beautifully realised one, where the people you meet and the places you visit feel just as real as the controller in your hand. The core of the story is relatively short for a Final Fantasy game but that's only because there is so much optional stuff to do in the world that adds to it.

At the end of the day the story of Final Fantasy isn't about a prince trying to reclaim his throne.
    It's about the journey you take to get there.. and what a story it is.
  48. Nov 29, 2016
    Fina Fantasy is the King of the RPGs again. FFXV is just a materpiece that everyone can enjoy. Dihard fans will really love the story presentation, speacily if they watch the Kingsglaive movie before it. I really liked the battle system too, it is best than FF13 and has a perfect face and sense of control and evolution.
  49. Dec 10, 2016
    I am complete dumbfounded as to how this game currently has a user score of 7.9. Does SE have some kind of paid reviewer campaign to bump up the score?

Don't be fooled. This game a complete sack of dog **** Do not buy this game if you're a final fantasy fan. Do not buy this game if you're a fan of ARPGs or WRPGS. Do not buy this game if you're a fan of games in general. It straight up sucks no matter what type of game you are looking for.

I'm keeping my review spoiler free but I'll just say this - The story sucks and it's short. You start off with your entire crew, NO BACKGROUND as to why they are even friends or together in the first place. You meet a bunch of people once or twice but apparently very familiar with them but the story explains none of it. Everybody you meet you leave the interaction asking "why does my character know this person and why do I care about what they have to say?" In summary, you will get nothing satisfying from the story.

With that out the way, let me go into the pros and cons of the rest of the game:

Pros:

+ Graphics are decent. However it is apparent that there is quite a bit of reuse from when this game was intended to be put on the PS3.
    + Townz and a World Map (barely, more on this)

Cons:

- The combat is complete ass. It's two button combat, there is no depth or strategy. Just attack an dodge by holding down the button (you dont even have to time it properly). They made the game so easy it's impossible to die. There is nothing tech or complicated about the system.

- The magic system is complete ass. Instead of casting magic, you craft it using mats you find into a sort of alchemy bomb. Once you do this, you have to use your weapon slots for magic, there is a cooldown once you pop it, and you only get a maximum of 3 charges. One it runs out you have to go back into the menu, craft more, or equip something else or just run around like a dumb ass with one of your 4 weapon slots empty. Why would you ever create a system where you have to constant go back into the menu during battle over and over to use magic? Seriously what the ****

- Townz and a world map are great, but they also decided to add roads to and from every town along with a car......yes a car. This is final fantasy right? Not only that, much of the game involves driving from town to town doing bull**** quests so most of the game you are just sitting there staring at the ass of your car. Boring. There is a fast travel option, but that pops a loading screen that takes as much time or even longer than traveling there manually. Oh by the way, even though you have "manual" control of the car you can't go off the road. Dumb. Next time, make the townz closer together and stick with Chocobos for ground travel.

- Crappy characters. Why am I going on a adventure with 4 jpop stars that all look and dress the same? I couldn't care less about this sausage fest. No playable female characters seriously? Just the same emo dudes going on a bro trip all game. I couldn't even think of a worse idea than this.

- The leveling system is ****ty. You get EXP for just talking to people or driving around instead of only from killing mobs or completing quest. You can talk around town talking to a few different people, sleep in the inn and pop a few levels. Oh yeah lets talk about that. In this game, instead of poping levels as soon as you get enough EXP, you have to sleep at a inn or camp to have that exp actually tallied. Why? What is the purpose of this system other than just to add extra annoyance for the player? These is nothing strategic about requiring sleeping at a inn for your EXP to really count. Also, levels dont add much to your stats anyway and there not even much stats in the game anyway. FF has been on a long trend of dumbing down the amount of stats characters have, well this game just took it to the logical conclusion of only having HP and MP (and not MP for magic.....) pretty much.

- Another sphere grid, one I couldn't care less about. You get very very few new abilities from this sphere grid, nothing really all that exciting. Leveling up used to be a fun process to unlock tons of new abilities for your character, not so much here. From level 1 to level 99 you will pretty much be using your character the same way.

- Although this game is open world, which I consider a plus, there is actually only one continent you can freely explore. There is not really a entire world map with different kingdoms and different continents you can visit. Also, in the open world you can explore, it's largely empty and uninteresting.

In summary, on it's own, this is just a bad game. Do not buy it.
  50. Nov 30, 2016
    Give it credit for its scope and visual and some entertaining battles and dungeons, but this is more of an action game with Final Fantasy items than it is a true Final Fantasy game. The biggest issue is the lack of a full team. Everyones past FF experiences differed as they tended to favour different character combinations. But the traditional teams have had women, men, robots, animalsGive it credit for its scope and visual and some entertaining battles and dungeons, but this is more of an action game with Final Fantasy items than it is a true Final Fantasy game. The biggest issue is the lack of a full team. Everyones past FF experiences differed as they tended to favour different character combinations. But the traditional teams have had women, men, robots, animals and others. 4 guys for which you primarily play one is a real slap in the face of the fans who have for years enjoyed working with a large team of heros. If I was a female fan of FF i would be pretty steamed at this decision. Summons have little impact and are infrequent - this was always the best part of FF games. Weapon customization, job customization - instead you are left with the same basic characters for the enitre time. Get tired of Ignis - too bad, hes with you no matter what. Instead of truly looking to improve the turn based FF model, they jettisoned most of it in favour of a new game which is much less than the sum of its parts. its not a terrible game, it has pretty moments, but ultimately as a "FF" game - its more of a disappointment than a success. Expand
  51. Nov 29, 2016
    To write this out fairly quick I'm just going to go ahead and say that the game does have a lot of problems that could have been handled better, but honestly the positives outweigh the negatives. A big key feature in FFXV is the exploration, and i must say it has been crafted very well, the dungeons you can find are among the best in the series and are a blast to go through. The friendshipTo write this out fairly quick I'm just going to go ahead and say that the game does have a lot of problems that could have been handled better, but honestly the positives outweigh the negatives. A big key feature in FFXV is the exploration, and i must say it has been crafted very well, the dungeons you can find are among the best in the series and are a blast to go through. The friendship between Noctis, Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis is amazing as well and really brings a "live" feeling as you travel through the world. On to the combat and it just feels extremely fluid, the link strikes, warping, aerial combat, etc just leave you with a badass feeling. And if you're worried the game will just be button mashing, don't, just go find a gameplay video from a person good at the game and compare it to someone bad at that game and you will see just how amazing the combat actually is. As for the graphics of the game they aren't super spectacular but the visuals are still very pretty and will most likely leave you taking in the view occasionally. The story is mixed from person to person so i'm going to just say experience it yourself, you may like it or you may not, but you will still probably enjoy a lot of what the game has to offer. (I forgot to mention the game does eventually become more linear) Expand
  52. Dec 15, 2016
    INCOMPLETE, RUSHED GAME. More than half a game is cut off.

INCOMPLETE, RUSHED GAME. More than half a game is cut off.

Wow what an insult to fans of the series. Having played the entire series multiple times and play this premaejac game is so disrespectful to diehards. You can fool the casual fans but this was just a hot mess. No prologue, no story focus, rushed chain of events, no character development or substance, boring fetch quests, too much time driving, trying to hard to be emotional when the characters themseleves aren't fleshed out, multiple plot holes all over the place, lack of closure, and is probably the shortest FF in terms of story. This is such a try hard wannabe RPG. JUST STOP! Tabata has once again proven to be an incompetent director like the mess that is Type 0. I rather have waited 20 more years for Nomura to direct this than the quickie given by Tabata. The only good thing is the fishing, they might as well have done a mobile game out of that and it would be more enjoyable. What a sad excuse for people waiting for 10 years...
  53. Dec 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just don't get where everyones coming from. I've beat every numbered ff game sans 11, 12 and 14.
    FF15 isnt a bad game but man is it medicore. Its probably one of the most disopointing meh games in the series.

First lets address the ps4 version.

The ps4 version offers a crisper picture coming in at a locked 1080p. The game hits and stays at 30fps. There is sometimes a oddity in jerky animations but i'd say this is unnnoticable to most normal peoples eyes. The ps4 version has less issues with texture pop in than the xbox one version.

The xbox version runs a 720p to 900p. When the games running at 900p things look pretty much as solid as the ps4 version however, its running in 720p the vast majority of the time and honestly the picture looks soft and blurry as hell. The xbox version suffers from textures pop in and not loading fast enough a lot. This happens when theres not enough free space on the HDD. It has to load so much data that if the ff15 data isnt on the outer quicker part of the HDD then it cant load fast enough to keep up with the textures.

I've got 67 hours on the xbox one version and my friend has 200 hours on the ps4 version with everything complete. I myself on xbox only have 90% of the achivements and tons of pointless bland quest to do. He has literally every single quest, hunt, etc to include the bonus dugeons.

It shys away from the strong story telling of previous games to have a paper thin, poorly wrote, awfully explained and pretty much flaws flat on its face with its lack of depth. You build absolutely no emotion connection with luna.

Its a technical mess, glitches amass. Popin, textures loading awfully, the game having load times that make the neogeo cd look like lighting comparitly. Aimless pointless traveling thats early to mask loading issues. Games crashed on me 3 times my friends have all had it at least crash once. Im talking about just serious bugs everywhere. This isnt being repoarted from someone whos put 6 to 30 hours into the game.

The battle system lacks any depth. Its mostly just hold b. The magic system is junk feels like a after thought. The skill tree is **** Things costing 333 and above will simply almost never get bought. You'll be max level and no where near the ap you need for anything. Most of the skills you will soon realize are useless and not thought out. Especially all the ones to enhance the ammount of AP you get. They cost so much that they negate anything wasted into them.

The graphics are all over the place. Some times looking like a last gen game and not even a good one to the next minute blowing your mind.

Hallow gameplay. Most of the game is the same damn quest over and over an over. If I wanted that i'd play a western rpg. I want my quest to have real uniqueness with a story to drive them. I've literally fixed the same guys car like 3 times. The hunts have no meaning except exp. This game is literally Fetchquest Fantasy 15.

Dialog repeatition. They're trying to build up your emotional bond and people seem so captivated by this hallow experience. You're out of unique dialog or any building of bonds by around 7 hours into the game.

If you dont want a story and you want questing and you dont even want a final fantasy or anything that resembles a final fantasy maybe you'll enjoy this. This is clearly the mind of western rpg or mmo mentality spilling into a single player game.

To each his own but, the over whelming positivity and hype for this game is baffling. I've yet to meet a single person who likes the game in person and it seems to just be an online presence of this over hyping.
  54. Nov 30, 2016
    Obviously anything under 7-8 are trolls. I've read things saying there isn't much to do and the world is empty, that couldn't be farther from the truth....there is so much to do all over the world with multiple sidquests. Another negative I keep seeing people bring up is how the cast is dry....that couldn't be farther from the truth, the broship is part of the strength of the game,Obviously anything under 7-8 are trolls. I've read things saying there isn't much to do and the world is empty, that couldn't be farther from the truth....there is so much to do all over the world with multiple sidquests. Another negative I keep seeing people bring up is how the cast is dry....that couldn't be farther from the truth, the broship is part of the strength of the game, definitely not it's weakness. I usually don't get uppity about other peoples opinions....but anyone giving this game a negative review shouldn't be allowed to review games as they have very terrible taste in video games. Expand
  55. Jan 12, 2017
    The combat system is incomprehensible to me, everything happens too fast and feels overly chaotic. I don't feel like I am making choices or that i have any ability to control the combat. I don't see how the game has as good a score as it does. It irks me to no end that I have to manually control the camera.

I loved the early final fantasy games. I hoped to get back into them with this

I loved the early final fantasy games. I hoped to get back into them with this title... that didn't happen.

P.S. I am amazed to see it included on many of the best games of 2016 lists and laugh to see No Man's Sky included on all the same lists.
  56. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is truly worth ten years of waiting. It's freaking awesome!!
    + Beautiful graphic, not too realistic or too fantasy, it's a mix between the two.
    + Amazing soundtrack, there is a radio for you to play old FF albums!!! + Insane combat system. + Traveling, camping, fishing,capturing memories,.. + Good but not great story. + FF hairs! - Some small bugs. - Lack of facial
    FINAL FANTASY XV is truly worth ten years of waiting. It's freaking awesome!!
    + Amazing soundtrack, there is a radio for you to play old FF albums!!!
    + Insane combat system.
    + Traveling, camping, fishing,capturing memories,..
    + Good but not great story.
    + FF hairs!
    - Some small bugs.
    - Lack of facial expressions.
    - Repeating dialogues/ cut scenes.
  57. Nov 30, 2016
    Excellent game! Square Enix delivers a unique experience that is unparalleled by most. Between the breathtaking visuals, interesting story and characters, and one-of-a-kind gameplay, this is the most fun I've had with a JRPG in many years. The king is back!
  58. Dec 21, 2016
    Hajime Tabata ruined FF for me once and for all.
    Story, which is quintessential for every FF game, is garbage here. I was so dissapointed with the story, that post game didn't do any better. Deleted the game from my console and sold the disc. I'll never play any FF from Tabata. (Played almost all FF games and huge fan of series)
  59. Nov 29, 2016
    THANKS TABATA FOR ALL.

Final Fantasy XV is awesome. for sure.

Don't listen the haters, just play it and assume the changes that the game has, and accept it as it is.
  60. Dec 11, 2016
    What is FF's company doing? Pls... -.-

Let's start with the bad: MMO style questing. I'm not sure why this is even in an Final Fantasy, but it has no place in a single player RPG. It stretches the game out artificially. Combat: The combat is easy, but lacks depth. Holding square for automatic dodging seems like a cop out in terms of making the combat fun. The enemies run around in
    What is FF's company doing? Pls... -.-

Let's start with the bad:

Combat: The combat is easy, but lacks depth. Holding square for automatic dodging seems like a cop out in terms of making the combat fun. The enemies run around in combat and sometimes you have to chase them trying to get the killing blow. Its not innovative or fun after awhile, it becomes more of a task.

The open world design: I understand open world designs are popular with certain games, but I do not think Final Fantasy benefited from it. There is so much open world that there seems to be no purpose other than to hide things or make travelling take time. If the world were condensed it could look better and combat would probably be better due to added time to improve it during development.. They likely spent so much time to make this world and then littered it with monsters to slay. Random encounters in the old games could become annoying, but running around forever in a lifeless open world is definitely worse.

Progression: The ascension chart doesn't give you the depth or flexibility other final fantasies like 10 did. In 10 you could really build a character up the way you want. Here in 15 its pretty limited.

Characters: The game opens with Noctis being a child as his father sends him away. Having seen Kings Glaive and what happens to his father and the capital it made it more bothersome that the main character would be such a child under such serious conditions of war and an arranged marriage to restore peace. Add on that he is travelling with his 3 best friends who all look like teenagers who exclusively buy their clothes at hot topic and I'm not going to care too much about them. Everyone wants to write about how the story is about these 4, but that's trying to pick one positive out of the game and the story and it really should be about the kingdom and over coming evil. When the story is so bad that we try to make the relationships between the characters the reason to call it good its an even bigger failure. Also you don't really see much character growth from them.

There are not great characters that I want to see more of or admire. Go and look at FF4 or FF6. For SNES sprites those characters had more depth than the ones in FF15. Even FF10 had much better characters.

Side Games: Ever since FF6 and FF7 side games/activities have played a big part in Final Fantasy games. Here they seem like an after thought. The arcade games are terrible, time consuming, and not rewarding enough. Chocobo racing is okay, but not great.

That's it for the bad or I will never get to the good.

First good thing is that combat is easy. Anyone can beat this game.

For those who feel RPGs are too confusing this game makes everything very easy. Magic is kind of pointless and Summons make it even easier. Plus you can hide mid combat by hanging at certain points to heal.

The food looks really good and the boosts are nice. Actually the boosts are almost too nice that in some cases it seems like they lowered the players stats to put more focus on the cooking. Seems like they are still coping MMOs a bit still.

The auto pilot on the car is nice.

It runs relatively well, but I do seem the frame rate drop quite a bit.

that's all I have for good.

Honestly this is not the game fans expected or deserved. I feel like true final fantasy fans will have to live in the past because square isn't capable of making good games anymore. When I was growing up they were the top in the industry. Their games were massive and played really well. Square used to be on the cutting edge of graphics and here in FF15 the hair on the characters looks chunky.

I know a lot of people wanted this game to be great, so did I. The fact is that it isn't a great game. I don't care what critics say or release day reviewers. The game is not a 10, 9, 8 or 7. I could accept someone giving it a 6, but anything above that is a lie.

Now I know I'm no authority on this, but check videos on youtube and really look at the game. Don't just listen to the media campaign. We know companies pay for reviews and part of me wonders how many of these user reviews are actually people square paid to give the game a ten. I know that sounds a lot like a conspiracy theory, but square spent too much on this game not to take steps to guarantee its success. We have all seen the power of marketing.

61. Dec 5, 2016
    Having played final fantasy games all my life I had high expectations for the game. Ten years in the making and what they put out seems uninspired and poorly executed. The game works and that might be the best thing I can say about it, but let me break down the game.

Let's start with the bad:

That's it for the bad or I will never get to the good.

First good thing is that combat is easy. Anyone can beat this game.

The auto pilot on the car is nice.

It runs relatively well, but I do seem the frame rate drop quite a bit.

that's all I have for good.

I recommend waiting for the game to drop in price. Its not as good as people are saying. There are far better games made in far less time. Please don't be fooled.
  62. Nov 30, 2016
    I'm not sure what game all the negative reviewers are playing, but I think they might want to invest in a new PS4 and TV, so they actually can make an accurate review, and not a troll review. Aside from that this game is simply amazing, and has exceeded any of the expectations I had for over the course of 10 years, when it was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The graphicsI'm not sure what game all the negative reviewers are playing, but I think they might want to invest in a new PS4 and TV, so they actually can make an accurate review, and not a troll review. Aside from that this game is simply amazing, and has exceeded any of the expectations I had for over the course of 10 years, when it was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The graphics are fantastic, and look very real even on my base PS4. I do have HDR enabled as well, and I've had no issues with frame rates, or poor animations. The combat I feel is much more improved and streamlined than in previous Final Fantasy's that had similar battle systems. The open world is great to explore, and I'm always finding hidden treasures as I run around doing quests or monster hunts. Though a lot of complaints about the driving have been lodged and I get it I find it to not be as annoying as others may think. I still have control of the driving even in auto mode to sop, and pick up items. The story has been engaging the more I play it, and the actors really bring the characters to life in my opinion.

My advice is don't listen to the negative reviews from players as they're more than likely not use to Final Fantasy in general, are put off by its drastic change compared to other iterations, or just plain like to troll to lower the score. Try the game for yourself, or ask to see a Share Play, so you get an accurate idea of what to expect in order to best determine if you really can see yourself playing it or not.
  63. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is a fantastic game, ignore the trolls who rate this game a 0. Some people are unfulfilled with their lives and somehow get satisfaction by trying to ruin other peoples fun/work.

FFXV is a hard one to judge, as a fan of the series since the first game, it's a dramatic departure from the structure I know and love. The thing I really like here is, the developers are aware of this fact. Unlike FF13, I feel the developers have tried so hard to keep the fans on board with the direction change, and I feel it paid off.

Yes, the story isn't the best, but what FF was? The characters are great, the gameplay is great, and most of all, it's a lot of fun. I really recommend this game!
  64. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is amazing! Thank you square enix! This game has totally lived up to the final fantasy franchise! They really out did themselves with this title! This game is a MUST buy, definitely game of the year for me!
  65. Nov 29, 2016
    I'd like to start out by saying I am one of the biggest Final Fantasy fans of all time. I've played every single FF game since its conception (including the original 6 which was 3 at the time and the original 4 which was 2 at the time) multiple times each. I've cosplayed as FF characters including Cloud, Squall, Cid, Cain, and Vivi at Comic Cons across the US. I even started a league forI'd like to start out by saying I am one of the biggest Final Fantasy fans of all time. I've played every single FF game since its conception (including the original 6 which was 3 at the time and the original 4 which was 2 at the time) multiple times each. I've cosplayed as FF characters including Cloud, Squall, Cid, Cain, and Vivi at Comic Cons across the US. I even started a league for the Triple Triad card game from FF8. So it hurts my very soul to be putting a 4/10 for this game.

Unfortunately, this game is really not a Final Fantasy game. The story is lackluster and there is no real character development as of yet (and I'm 15 hours into the main story, the half-way point). I loved all of the FF games for their stories, so to have a not-so-compelling story with little character development is a major issue. But that's not the only issue.

You only control the main character in combat, which is, again, a HUGE deviation from previous installments. Controlling only the main character makes you feel far less invested in the side characters and it really takes out a level of strategy that I liked so much in previous installments. It feels like a button masher, beat-em-up game now. Don't get me wrong, the combat IS fun and good, but it's really not a FF combat system with a depth of strategy that I've become accustomed to.

Furthermore, the game seems to have been focused on giving us the current trending gimmick of an open world. They focused so much on it that the other elements of the game mentioned above suffered because of it. Basically this game feels more like Skyrim, focusing on the open world aspects over story-driven content and strategic combat.

Don't get me wrong, Skyrim was an awesome game and one of my favorites, but if I wanted more Skyrim, I'd just play that, or the Witcher 3. When I pick up an FF game, I want exceptional story and strategic combat.

Now, the open world IS great and the combat IS fun, so that's why the game gets a 4/10 from me, but as an FF game it was greatly disappointing. Graphics are also decent, not the best they could be, but not bad at all either.

I hope this review helps some of the die hard fans of FF. If you aren't a die-hard fan, though, and you like open world and a fluid combat system then you'll most definitely like this game. In fact, if this game did not bare the FF name, and it was just some new game that Square Enix was trying out I would have given it an 8 or 9 out of10.
  66. Dec 3, 2016
    The tidal wave of unwarranted 10's from fanboys is expected. Anyone who gives a 10 or a 0 should just be ignored.

On topic of the game. Well, this is basically SE's interpretation of what they think westerners want. Nobody can argue that this game was most certainly not designed for the Japanese, or even traditional JRPG fans. In a nutshell, it's a graphical tech demo, not a

In a nutshell, it's a graphical tech demo, not a game. The "game" elements are about as shallow and non existent as you can get. I simply can't believe the sunshine that people are blowing up this worthless pile of trash's butt.
  67. Dec 1, 2016
    Just mediocre in every way. A lot of the 10 score reviews specifically mention the blatantly mediocre game features which is extra bizarre (like driving, or the character depth/story, or the combat system which is literally just holding two buttons - you can play this game blindfolded and win). This is the last time I ever buy a final fantasy title, and realizing that is quite depressing.
  68. Nov 29, 2016
    Original and ambitious game. Excellent method of storytelling through real-time interaction between the characters, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic movesets, and the interaction with theOriginal and ambitious game. Excellent method of storytelling through real-time interaction between the characters, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic movesets, and the interaction with the environment around you. The game is also rich with side content and activities. The experience as a whole is emotional and immersive. Expand
  69. Jan 7, 2017
    XV, XV, Final Fantasy XV. I don't know where to start with you. I think things went wrong back when you were first thought up in Tetsuya Nomura's head sometime around 2006. You should have never been born. Fabula Nova Crystallis should have never been born. I don't hate you, I don't. It's not your fault. I don't know what could've made you a better game, but we will never know that answer.XV, XV, Final Fantasy XV. I don't know where to start with you. I think things went wrong back when you were first thought up in Tetsuya Nomura's head sometime around 2006. You should have never been born. Fabula Nova Crystallis should have never been born. I don't hate you, I don't. It's not your fault. I don't know what could've made you a better game, but we will never know that answer. From the zillion fetchquests that make up the majority of your substance, the bugs that litter your world, preventing certain quests from being completed, or glitches that force people out of a 2+ hour long fight that they will have to start all over from the beginning. Characters revealed in trailers that showed so much promise then failed to deliver (looking at you Ravus and Aranea). To heroines promoted as "strong woman" whose screentime is probably 5 minutes total. Characters with no background, no personality. Who is Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis? Why are these people fighting with you? No info given unless you look outside the game, and if you have to look outside the game, then you know the writer for said game has failed at their job.

Boss battles with QTEs, that will have you fighting against both a giant monster, as well as the camera, making you want to pull your hair out. Camera and Party AI is the worst I have seen in any game. Makes Tales of Zestiria look like game of the year in comparison. Party members standing around, watching as you get mauled and pummeled by enemies. Some "comrades". Still, the battle system is the best part about the game, and to me, it's the only good part. Without the battle system, XV has nothing else going for it. Music is a disappointment, doesn't stand out at all. Hard to believe it's the same composer who worked on Kingdom Hearts. I knew she'd be no good on this game. So much melodrama, scenes I supposed were meant to get a tear out of me? But how can I cry when I don't care about these characters. They have no personality, no background, why should I care what happens to them.

Then part 2 arrives, and I'd heard things get bad around this part (Chapter 9), but I thought it was all exaggerations. "It can't be that bad". Ho, ho, boy, was I wrong. Chapter 13. I can understand why Square Enix is going to patch you. At this point, the game doesn't even know what it wants to be anymore. It loses itself. It turns into Metal Gear and Resident Evil with sneaking around, looking for passcodes to unlock doors, complete with jumpscares, so much bullcrap. How long was this chapter? 2 hours? It felt like an eternity. I don't like stealth, I don't like jumpscares. I DO NOT WANT METAL GEAR AND RESIDENT EVIL IN MY FINAL FANTASY. And oh, yeah, Chapters. They go by so quick. Like one cutscene and the chapter is over. Game is littered with flashbacks, yet I feel they were all pointless. They did not convey the information they should have. Why are Noctis and Luna getting married? They have not even seen each other in 10 years, for crying out loud. The flashbacks do not show much strong bond between Luna and Noctis at all. Why include them?

Story was super simple although there are many confusing parts, and things left vague. Very predictable, everything you expect to happen, does, especially if you've been keeping up with the trailers. Characters leave the party then return, all to make way for DLC episodes that have already been announced as part of the Season Pass. The story, simply put, is an absolute trainwreck. Let's skip ahead to the ending. Oh man. Dudes just enter Super Saiyan mode, flying through the air, teleporting, just straight up becomes Dragon Ball Z or the Matrix or something. Now, I don't actually hate this part, it was actually pretty cool, but man. I really feel this game does not deserve to be a mainline Final Fantasy. It feels the least like an FF imo. It tried too hard to be a WRPG with the huge world, and zillion sidequests, and in doing so, it lost sight of its true self, what it should have been. A Final Fantasy. The ending was also kinda predictable, at least if you know Hajime Tabata's history with video games... At least now the game is out, Square Enix can finally move on completely to FF7 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, and, God willing, a FF16. So if you like beautiful, buggy games, lots of fetchquests to do, boring characters who you at least won't hate, a predictable plot, with a really good battle system, but poor camera and party AI, that can be beaten in under 30 hours, with an ending that will leave you scratching your head for days, then Final Fantasy XV is for you. Again, I don't hate this game... I give it a 5/10. Better luck next time, Square. coughgladIgotitusedcough.
  70. Nov 29, 2016
    how can someone say that this game deserves less than 7? Why the hate? They surely never saw this game, it´s a shame, but for every one that hates it, there will be 9 that loves it!
  71. Nov 29, 2016
    The game has a ton to offer, is cool and stylish, and looks gorgeous.

+ Strong main cast, their bonds, banter, and teamwork are something to behold + The insane amount of detail that goes into the world and events + Incredible animations all around, especially in battle + Riding chocobos has NEVER been this good + Strong, stylish, and intuitive battle system (and wait mode makes it
    The game has a ton to offer, is cool and stylish, and looks gorgeous.

+ Strong main cast, their bonds, banter, and teamwork are something to behold
    + The insane amount of detail that goes into the world and events
    + Incredible animations all around, especially in battle
    + Riding chocobos has NEVER been this good
    + Strong, stylish, and intuitive battle system (and wait mode makes it easy for anyone!)
    + Gorgeous and lushly detailed environments, one of the best looking open world RPGs period
    + The dungeons are challenging and very rewarding
    + Magic sounds and feels powerful unlike some games
    + Epic sized boss battles and summons, great scale and scenes
    + A ton of content to explore! Seriously... so much.

- While the story is good it definitely could use a stronger delivery
    - Invisible barriers in the world sometimes startle you and can be misleading which is unfortunate
    - Road trip/car mechanics leave room for improvement
    - Camera could use some work in some battles and tight areas
    - Bugs, with any game this big there are bound to be bugs, but all mine have resolved quickly

This game is so big and grand in scale, with a lovely dude and his bros, an incredible combat system, very badass and detailed animations, a huge and beautiful world to explore with an insane amount of content to eat up. It's easily a 9/10 and contender for my GOTY. After reading all the negative reviews I have to point out that there is no way in hell this is a poorly made game. So much time, care, and effort went into the development and it shows within all it's charm and character. I've never played a JRPG that has received this much treatment and attention to detail, and I have over 200 physical RPGs from several systems sitting here on my shelves. Play the game and decide for yourself, but I'm telling you, this is straight up a well made game, like it or not.
  72. Nov 29, 2016
    Surprising that after 10 years in the making this feels rushed and uninspired.
    This clearly shows signs of a spin off turned mainline game. (started as "Versus XIII").
    Pros: - Has some true Final Fantasy feel to it. The classic monsters, the weapons, chocobos. The characters, while underdeveloped and plain, do feel like genuine FF characters. - The soundtrack has some really
    Surprising that after 10 years in the making this feels rushed and uninspired.

Pros:

- The soundtrack has some really nice tracks (though it's not as consistent as other FF entries)

- The Open World is beautiful from an aesthetic point of view

- The combat is actually fun and fluid, although it is not challenging enough imo.

Cons:

- The main character cast is one of the worst in the FF franchise. They are not annoying like in FF 13, they are just so uninteresting. Don't expect unique characters like Vivi / Cloud / Celes etc..

- The world is kinda dry. This is a game that is open world just for the sake of being open world.
    The side quests are (usually) repetitive without incentive to do them and the towns and cities are lifeless.
    If you are going into this game expecting Witcher3 level of world and side quests - not even close.

- Camera issues.. in a game 10 years in the making..

- Some mechanics were obviously added on as an afterthought- magic and summons
    Magic in this game takes a backseat (kinda reminds the draw system from FF VIII) and battles usually revolve around physical attacks.

- The story is a mess in my opinion, don't wanna go into spoilers

If I had to compare it to other FF games I would say it's better than later iterations like FF XIII and FF XIII-2, but it is way less enchanting than the more classical entries like 6,7,10 and even 12.

Not bad overall, but leaves me feeling a bit disappointed.

73. Nov 29, 2016
    Gotta say I was worried about this one. The Duscae demo didn't impress me, and the trailers made it look too edgy, but upon playing this game I'm pleasantly surprised. There are so many little details, quips, and events in this game that show off an extreme care from the developer that I haven't seen since Witcher 3. Also I'm about 10 hours in, having a great time with the combat, and I'mGotta say I was worried about this one. The Duscae demo didn't impress me, and the trailers made it look too edgy, but upon playing this game I'm pleasantly surprised. There are so many little details, quips, and events in this game that show off an extreme care from the developer that I haven't seen since Witcher 3. Also I'm about 10 hours in, having a great time with the combat, and I'm still fighting monsters that give me a run for my money. There's a borderline Monster Hunter level of diversity here. The sidequests are a nice change of pace, the main cast is fun, and the open zone approach to level design makes the world feel big but not empty. It really seems like this was an earnest attempt from a new director to make people excited about Final Fantasy again, and for me it really worked. It's nice to have a game that makes me grin from ear to ear, and setting this next to this year's Skyrim re-release shows off just how far open world RPGs have come. Expand
  74. Nov 29, 2016
    I'm really enjoying this game, I think most people will struggle with the combat system at first, but after some time you get used to it and it's so fluid, I love it! Noctis and his friends are very likeable, specially if you have watched the anime first. (I strongly recommend watching it before playing, it's just 05 episodes and pretty cool).

Also little details in the game make the

Also little details in the game make the experience so much better. For example Prompto is always taking random pictures with his camera, at first I thought this was "meh..." but then I realised that as a MMORPG player I love taking screenshots. Saving the best photos and looking the album at the end of the game will be very cool IMO.

The OST is amazing like in every Final Fantasy, combined with great environment design makes a very immersive experience.

Square did a great job and I think everyone should try it before screaming that "It's not FF because it's not turn based".

The only thing that I'm missing is the 'hard' difficulty option, it should be available from the start for veteran players even if it was just HP/Damage increase from enemies. Overall 10/10 though, I'm 12 hours into the game and loving it!
  75. Dec 3, 2016
    The XVth installment of one of my favorite franchises is a horrible letdown. I allowed Enix to hype me to a great level, and I enjoyed both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood, which promised something grant. Alas, the more I went into the game, the more depressed I felt.

Let's get the good out of the way, for the sake of integrity. The music is one of very few things that will let you know that you're playing a Final Fantasy game. The moment a battle started I felt some nice vibes long time not felt. Then, the general premise of the game is amazing (though the execution thereof is abysmal) and Lunafreya might just well be the most amazing Final Fantasy character to date. Also, Noct's teenage angsts in view of the grim situation he finds himself in are nicely developed. Gameplay-wise, the leveling system is the best thing that happened to JRPGs since the sphere grid.

But.

For a game that was in development for 10 years, it is surprisingly pedestrian. As mentioned above, the overall idea for the story is great, but it is directed poorly. It is short, lackluster and incoherent, to the point I got myself thinking if the translation from Japanese was botched Final Fantasy Tactics-style and that's why the script felt like borderline lunacy.

Doing silly side quests along the way does not help at all. I really advise skipping them and doing only the main story for your first playthrough, it actually improves the experience. Unfortunately, it is not The Witcher 3, where most of the side missions are so intertwined with the story you sometimes aren't sure if it's the part of the main arc or not. At the very least, they fit the wartime atmosphere and the protagonist's profession. Here, the quests is random generic stuff, and putting it the gloomy premise that your family is dead and you're the only heir of a kingdom occupied by a Third-Reich-like empire that wants your head is just not right. The atmosphere of a road trip is adequate only to some point, and after some events take place I was expecting something like going underground and a fellowship-of-the-ring journey, but all I got was four happy-go-lucky millennials doing whatever they feel like at the moment, like fishing, or taking goofy photos during an enemy raid, and completely ignoring the fact that they're seriously screwed. Nope.

The graphics is "just okay", I'm actually quite baffled by it being praised all around the web. The models of the main and main-supporting characters are great, many of the locales are really outstanding, but to balance this, some parts of the world look like a generation below. In towns some non-essential NPCs look like taken directly from FFX, and you can see their exact clones sometimes mere meters from each other. It is that bad.

The world is huge, but astoundingly unremarkable and painfully empty. It is great and monumental to watch from the car, but as soon as you get off Regalia, you are treated to vast and plain nothingness. Exploration is a bit meh, and traveling by foot will bore you to tears, as both enemies and points of interest tend to be scant (the former is especially bizarre for a FF game). Dungeons have the graphic suggesting they are generated procedurally and mostly feel like a chore.

And there are those small things that make you involuntarily facepalm in utter disbelief. No, not only the revelations of the dumbest Final Fantasy story ever, although they definitely get the cookie. They are small things. Like invisible walls, or obstacles on the level of Noct's bellybutton, which he can't get through; or the moments, when you climb a higher ground and realize you can't jump over a wall just below, because it invisibly extends to the sky. Or those moments, where you slowly move over a thin ledge, and your teammates won't go over it unless you look away to allow them magically reappear next to you - because they don't have the animation to go over the ledge. Or the moment where one of your teammates is whisked off by a Mysterious Something, which happens, of course, when you're not looking, and you try to locate him by listening to his screams, but you can't, as the audio is inconsequential and all over the place. Small things? True, but for a PS4 game 10 years in the making? From one of the most experienced developer in the gaming industry ever?

If it was a spin-off game, or another Square franchise, made on a whim in a year, I would let it go. But as a person who played every single Final game since FF4, and of an opinion that most of them constitute some kind of a breakthrough not only in the genre, but in the industry at all, I do not only feel disappointed, I feel plain offended
  76. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy is an apotheosis of games! A game of this franchise always comes to save a generation amid such a bummer!
    Battle system is excellent and intuitive, action-oriented combat does not detract from the strategy and increases the difficulty of it, the characters are charismatic, the leveling system is very good too, as well as having some interesting sidequests and having other cool things , Things that make the game a bit more "human" like taking pictures, fishing,.
    In the midst of so many games with Westernized visuals, soulless games, boring games, with nothing exciting stories, Final Fantasy will always stand out.
  77. Nov 29, 2016
    GOTY 2016

The best RPG of the years at least. Great characters, story and battle system.You also will have incredicle graphics all the time, the lighting man, it is so real. I loved Noctis and his friends, they are real people for me now. Don't believe Conan.
  78. Nov 30, 2016
    the game is phenomenal !

loved the story , combat , music , world , dungeons .. and on top of all that .. a PERFECT ending =)
    it has a couple of flaws .. but not major one .
    game of the year for me
  79. Dec 1, 2016
    Disjointed and bland, with TERRIBLE dialogue and story, with.. elements of FF but this is not a FF. Feels like someones pet project.

if you wanted a FF experience, this is not it.
  80. Dec 16, 2016
    Disappointment is an understatement. I can not understand why lately some jrpg devs, including this one, have abandoned their jrpg roots and are actively attempting to westernise games. By doing so they are isolating loyal fans who will end up walking away from the series for good. Ffxv's story was so poorly told, the battles so easy (due to the title being short it seemed it was fluffedDisappointment is an understatement. I can not understand why lately some jrpg devs, including this one, have abandoned their jrpg roots and are actively attempting to westernise games. By doing so they are isolating loyal fans who will end up walking away from the series for good. Ffxv's story was so poorly told, the battles so easy (due to the title being short it seemed it was fluffed out with side quests resulting in too much early game exp), there are no female playable characters, the magic system is a joke, the open world in first half is empty and lifeless and the sheer screw you to loyal ff fans is obvious with the western overhaul. Who do you think got the series as far as it did? It was your old fans. Before some fan boy calls me a troll, I will point out I loved ff13-2, so thats saying something. The premise had so much potential. It almost feels as though square enix got greedy after supporting the development cycle for ten years and what was supposed to be all in game ended up being slaughtered into seperate elements eg; movie, dlc, season pass, game etc. If all of this was in the game as with the good old days it probably would have been amazing. Where is the integrity? If SE does the same to automata following the masterpiece that was nier I will happily walk away from the genre with fond memories but a sour taste in my mouth. Expand
  81. Dec 5, 2016
    FF15 is made up of 10% Final Fantasy, 10% Grand Theft Auto, and 80% sheer frustration.

This is a niche game. You might like it if you like things like: - reality tv shows - boy bands - emo kids - watching people take selfies - sitting in the back seat of a car for long periods of time - the cloths that bouncers wear at nightclubs - watching other people go glamping You will

This is a niche game. You might like it if you like things like:
    - reality tv shows
    - boy bands
    - emo kids
    - watching people take selfies
    - sitting in the back seat of a car for long periods of time
    - the cloths that bouncers wear at nightclubs
    - watching other people go glamping

You will likely hate FF15 if you like things like:
    - memorable characters
    - awesome art direction
    - engaging story
    - epic adventures
    - complex combat
    - final fantasy

FF15 is not a bad game, its just not a good game. In the gaming renaissance we are in, there are just so many more games worth your time. Now that I'm a little bit older, I don't have time to waste on bad games and am forced to prioritize what is truly a good game or not a good game. Sadly, this is just not.

There are some positives, but with so many negatives to counteract each.
    -The monster design is very good; but the combat has you flying around at light speed so that you cant ever really even see what you are fighting.
    -The scale of the game can get crazy, but you never really interact with the massive scale in any interesting ways.
    - A massive effort was put into the graphics, but they shine in mundane places like how fish look or the food looks. While in the car or in combat, the constant motion creates a blur that muddies the graphics. Everything is moving to fast to really enjoy anything.
    - There is live action combat, but it gets old very fast, never developing past the tutorial. In terms of live action combat, there is no denying that it is unique, but it is also the most simple combat system I've ever played in any action or RPG game.
    - The chars go against everything FF; only one playable char, only 4 people total in your party and no fantasy chars or even women.
    - There is a massive realistic world map, but most of the time you are annoyingly footslogging along or battling the games map mechanics to fast travel around. Car driving is as intricate as holding R2 or even just letting someone else drive you around. There are parts where you can control the car freely, so the mechanics are there, but they just decided to force you on a track for most of the game where you can literally just let the game play itself and go do something else.
    - Every time you go to activate something it tells you to press X. If you press X when prompted, most of the time you just jump for no reason. You have to learn to wait slowly so you don't confuse the game.
    - The story is a series of mundane quests to get to something interesting. Drive to the gas station. Walk around a town market. Pitch a tent. The side-quests are complete drivel; a mixture of fetch quests and kill quests less interesting than decade old MMOs. Feed a stray cat, go buy a tomato or a million quests to go click on a dot on the ground and then return.
    - The voice acting is not bad and very deep but the context is just not engaging. "Hey bro - you mad bro?". Its hour after hour of some emo kids having a bro-down. Also most of the time the lips dont match up so it's like watching a dubbed movie.
    - The character design is the worst in the series history. Not a single interesting protagonist or antagonist to be found. In order to make up for the lackluster char design, they threw in inappropriate cleavage and schoolgirl outfits as a consolation prize. enjoy.

For those of us old enough, we remember FF7 and how it changed gaming forever, and a few later games that rode its legacy before the key devs had to retire and the games started being made by people who definitely never played the games that made the franchise what it is. Hoping that the next Final Fantasy will be great is like hoping to find good television when you turn on MTV. There was once an era for Final Fantasy, that era is long dead. There are more sad spin-offs and miserable failures to its name than successes, most of them trying to ride the fumes of nostalgia. This new game ties in some ideas from Grand Theft Auto in an attempt to reinvigorate the series for a new generation. Unfortunately the devs clearly don't understand what makes FF or GTA great.

If they titled this game correctly "Final Fantasy: Cool Car Bro-down Extreme" then it would deserve a consolation 7/10 for a nice first attempt at a new genre despite a plethora of flaws. For the audacity of them making this a staple Final Fantasy game to stand with the likes of 7,8,10,&12 - it gets a 1/10.

This game is selling well so it may not be the "final" fantasy, but it sure is for me. RIP
  82. Dec 19, 2016
    Tabata is a failure as a director not in terms of financial success, but being a creative driving force while Nomura had the vision but was crappy at deadlines, if he stayed the director he would have had a finished product albeit longer time to get released. What Tabata did was basically destroy 80% of the game and did what he could with the remaining content which is bad. Bad repetitiveTabata is a failure as a director not in terms of financial success, but being a creative driving force while Nomura had the vision but was crappy at deadlines, if he stayed the director he would have had a finished product albeit longer time to get released. What Tabata did was basically destroy 80% of the game and did what he could with the remaining content which is bad. Bad repetitive combat (basically hold phase out to never get hurt lol), bad disconnected story with multiple plot holes (what happened to Ravus, where's cor? where did Gladio go oh wait paid dlc, who the hell is jared and talcott, no point of Umbra and Pryna, stella had more time in the trailer than luna who was a glorified plot device LOL), and weak characters with no character development unless they cut out huge portions which they did, boring driving and fetch quests which is the majority of the game, inaccessible lands like the continent for Nifleheim and Tenenbrae as well as Insomnia and Altissia and Chaos Realm, and a crappy cringey forced ending. Wasted millions of dollars on Kingsglaive (sucked), Audi, Brotherhood (boring), making food look good, entire UNCOVERED event and mass marketing when they could have focused all resources to COMPLETING a game. Because of this game, any Tabata game will diminish in preorders and release day sales due to bad User reviews. SE is on it's way to becoming a pachinko business. But I will anticipate and buy any Nomura products if they are ever released because although his games have flaws, they are complete and are always classics with a great creative mind. Thanks SE...not! Expand
  83. Nov 29, 2016
    This is a tough one. I've always had a soft spot for Final Fantasy, and I can't say I hate any installment, bar the 13 series (if only because it's soooo boring). Having said that, I think FF XV is an okay installment. It's got some pretty graphics, there's plenty of cute girls AND guys (for the people who enjoy looking at models straight out of victoria's secret). The combat is decentThis is a tough one. I've always had a soft spot for Final Fantasy, and I can't say I hate any installment, bar the 13 series (if only because it's soooo boring). Having said that, I think FF XV is an okay installment. It's got some pretty graphics, there's plenty of cute girls AND guys (for the people who enjoy looking at models straight out of victoria's secret). The combat is decent enough, you got option. You got summons. The movement is okay, nothing wrong with it. Unfortunately that's really all I can say positive about it.

Now for the negatives. The car, which I was excited for, is nothing more than a glorified waypoint traveling device.You barely have any control in it, I find it impossible to use off roads, and if I'm being honest, the game would've been better if you just instantly teleported to your next destination. It lacks the punch and pizazz of a cool airship, and I don't think you get the flying car anywhere near when it would be useful. Too little, too late i'm afraid.

The story is even more out there and nonsensical, especially by Final Fantasy standards.There's a war and some magical curse and the moon is evil (Majora's Mask anyone?) and Noctis has to do something. I couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

The lands you travel over are so devoid of life. And when you finally do find some generic mob to beat up, they die almost instantly. It once again falls prey to the Final Fantasy formula of enemy mobs being weak enough to not warrant wasting status effects on, but at the same time they're not strong enough to warrant investment in any fight. You just mash the button and the game plays for you once you really understand how combat works.

After 10 years in development, this wasn't worth the weight. There's redeeming factors, like the music and the occasional pretty setpiece, but at the end of the day it didn't grab my attention.
  84. Nov 29, 2016
    I got exactly what I expected so I'm not surprised at all. I still purchased the game because of nostalgia. If you have been a fan of the series in the past, you will be disappointed. If you were expecting Final Fantasy version of Witcher 3, it's not even up to that standard and both are uninteresting. Still, the game is playable. I recommend getting it few months later after the priceI got exactly what I expected so I'm not surprised at all. I still purchased the game because of nostalgia. If you have been a fan of the series in the past, you will be disappointed. If you were expecting Final Fantasy version of Witcher 3, it's not even up to that standard and both are uninteresting. Still, the game is playable. I recommend getting it few months later after the price drop.

Pros:

- Combat is more fun than I expected, though I would have preferred real time with pause style like they did with Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins

- Visuals are very well done and open world is a plus

- Many surprises with side contents

- Good soundtrack

Cons:

- Probably the worst cast of main characters in the entire series

- One of the worst, if not the worst, story in the entire series

- World feels empty

- Repetitive and uninspired side quests
  85. May 12, 2017
    I loved final fantasy franchise but FF XV shouldnt have final fantasy on it, why? because its totally SUCKS! The director didnt understand about RPG!
    - Story SUCKS!!
    - Game play SUCKS!! - Camera SUCKS!! - Magic SUCKS!! - Summon SUCKS!! - Party member SUCKS!! Cannot play as other member and support character!! - Repeated BORING QUEST!! - World was EMPTY AND BORING - 20H of GAME
    - Story SUCKS!!
    - Game play SUCKS!!
    - Camera SUCKS!!
    - Magic SUCKS!!
    - Summon SUCKS!!
    - Party member SUCKS!! Cannot play as other member and support character!!
    - Repeated BORING QUEST!!
    - World was EMPTY AND BORING
    - 20H of GAME PLAY!!
    - EASY SUPER BOSS!!
    - EASY GAME PLAY!!
    - FISHING, FARMING, COOKING, AIRPLANE, and RESIDENT EVIL in the game!! The Director can give us these useless content, but cannot give us a good story and gameplay because there was not enough time as an excuse of his failure, hello? why you focus on these useless content if there was not enough time? Dude, learn more about RPG!!
    - Dishonest trailer, Omen Trailer!! Not in the game!!

The best thing of these game :
    - Amazing graphics on PS4 Pro
    - Good musics
    - Cannot find another positive things, sorry!
  86. Dec 4, 2016
    this is not a rpg game anymore, a linear story with poor misions and poor mecanics of combat , this game can have other name beacause is not a FF, its called FF just to have sells
  87. Nov 30, 2016
    This game is a boy band road trip. How the hell was this a good idea?

Do you like being able to win by holding one button? Then buy final fantasy xv. I played the first 4 hours of the game by only holding down the circle key. Never lost a battle. Never had to use a potion. Combat strategy is non-existent. Do you like using magic? Go play a different final fantasy game. Magic in this
    This game is a boy band road trip. How the hell was this a good idea?

Do you like using magic? Go play a different final fantasy game. Magic in this game is throwing bottles with magic properties in it. This is like alchemy bombs from Witcher 3.

Do you like boy bands? This game is for you. You can even play dress up. Because, you know. That's fun.

Do you like summons? Then go play a different FF game. Summons barely exist in this game, and you cannot "Summon" them.

The good? The graphics are good. The sound is great. There is an open world to explore(Even though it is small). The story is ok. The actual gameplay is just **** horrible.
  88. Dec 8, 2016
    Well just played into 67th hours in the game. Planning to change my score so far
    Well im a long term final fantasy fan, don't get me wrong that i'm bias or something.
    Initially i gave this series a 10/10 but after long hours of gaming, i decided to change my score Pros - beautifully drawn characters and nice animations - superb combat gameplay (something refreshing) - good music

Pros
    - beautifully drawn characters and nice animations
    - superb combat gameplay (something refreshing)
    - good music

cons
    - very poorly written story
    - no female permanent character
    - so many pointless side quest- fetch quest
    - so few summons and magics
    - no romance in the show
    - very long loading time

Well i think the precious final fantasy series such as X, VII, VIII, IX, XII are a lot better than this series. What made them better than final fantasy XV?

- As i said before, the story. The story had no depth at all. Developer had been so focused on combat and animation but forgets to write a good story. What is the point? I would rather had good story and average animation in final fantasy
    - There are very little to no love story in this game. Look at lunarfreya, im not even sad after she had died. Because she had such a low screen time. Im sadder if iris died.
    - Love story is very important in every final fantasy series. Those without it tends to have poorer performances
    - And the side quest are so annoying. I freaked out doing side quest. Its one of the worst i have ever seen
    - One more thing is that no female supporting characters to control. I wished they could let iris stay longer in the group. This is so frustrating. Come on, most of the gamers for final fantasy are guys. Why are you showing me a group of nice looking males. Are we gay or what? At least show us some likable female characters that we can control in our main game play.
    - and look at the summons, the animation is very good but i can't use it whenever i want. It just came out randomly. And there are so few summons. And i hate the design of ifrit and bahamut. They are drawn so ugly
    - One more is the loading time. There are at one point where i would just want to throw the controller on the floor because of the freaking long loading time

Ok enough of my ranting, personally final fantasy is such a wasted potential. It had very good animation but very bad story. For square enix to take so long just to make such games, i can say that they are very unprofessional. Please square enix, make a better final fantasy game next time. Don't dissapoint us again with this bad storytelling.
  89. Nov 29, 2016
    Been waiting for so long for this game and I must say, it was worth the wait
    Game is great, gameplay wise, graphics, soundtrack, one of the best action rpg
    10/10 for me
  90. Nov 29, 2016
    You will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last fewYou will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last few debacles that is a GOOD thing :).

One other thing. Many people will feel like the world / characters seem bland / underdeveloped. In a questionable move, they decided to put most of the back story and development into a youtube series and the movie kingsglaive. If anything, watch the movie. I can't imagine having played this otherwise....so much left out.
  91. Nov 30, 2016
    Not a bad game, but still a bad Final Fantasy. Combat system is boring, characters are so flat that I have absolutley no connection with them and I don't care about what happening with them.
    8/10 as a game
    4/10 as Final Fantasy
    Overall 6/10
  92. Dec 1, 2016
    A group of young men are on a cross-country journey with their Australian father to see One Direction live in concert. However the road is riddled with aggressive homeless people and aliens, so their journey is perilous.
  93. Nov 29, 2016
    Was really hoping this would be the rejuvination of the series - it isn't. I'm sad to say I would classify this one right behind 13 (not as bad as that one but it's not that far behind either). Atrocious story and dialogue, side quests the quality of what we saw introduced in mmo's 15 years ago, ugh. The graphics are beautiful and the score is amazing, but overall it's average average average.
  94. Nov 29, 2016
    Don't worry about the Negative scores. People just find something that is not as good as another RPG and expect it in all games moving forward. The 0 scores should be an indication this mindset.
  95. Nov 29, 2016
    About a dozen hours into Final Fantasy XV, after I’d slain countless monsters and traveled hundreds of miles and bonded with tight-knit group of friends, a strange feeling swelled in my chest. The four of us stood on the rocky beach of a picturesque lake surrounded by towering green trees. The sun began to set, bathing everything in a gorgeous yellow light. Prompto, the blonde, goofyAbout a dozen hours into Final Fantasy XV, after I’d slain countless monsters and traveled hundreds of miles and bonded with tight-knit group of friends, a strange feeling swelled in my chest. The four of us stood on the rocky beach of a picturesque lake surrounded by towering green trees. The sun began to set, bathing everything in a gorgeous yellow light. Prompto, the blonde, goofy member of our quartet, had just set the timer of his camera and skittered back to the scenic spot so we could all take a photo together. As the shutter made its loud “click!” it dawned on me: I’m really going to miss these guys when this is over. Expand
  96. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy in name only. After 10 years of work, nothing was delivered other than disappointment.
    One good thing was the combat, but just like other FF games it does get repetitive. Everything else just falls flat.... characters, story, visuals... nothing felt special. I will continue with it but not holding out for much hope at this stage.

What a let down.
  97. Nov 29, 2016
    What an epic story we have while playing FFXV, the meaning of a game is what it brings us. When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
    Final fantasy is back guys!
  98. Nov 29, 2016
    They cut out one of the main features of Final Fantasy which is the ability to play as multiple characters from a party. Instead, we are forced to play as a single character named Noctis who happens to be a cliche wrist cutting emo boy for the whole game. Furthermore, the supporting cast is abysmal to say the least. For example, I thought there would be more to Prompto than meets the eye,They cut out one of the main features of Final Fantasy which is the ability to play as multiple characters from a party. Instead, we are forced to play as a single character named Noctis who happens to be a cliche wrist cutting emo boy for the whole game. Furthermore, the supporting cast is abysmal to say the least. For example, I thought there would be more to Prompto than meets the eye, but no for the entirety of the experience this clown does not develop any further than being the comic relief he was intially. Cliche is the word I would use for the characters and the main story.

Now you would think that atleast they would add the option to customize Noctis' outfits into somewhat less emo boy. BUT NO, there are almost no other outfits you can have Noctis wear so you are basically stuck staring at cutter boy outfit for the whole game. I guess they're saving that for FUTURE DLC YAY!

And don't get me started on the sub-par gameplay. Sure, there are some genuinely innovative mechanics such as the ability to change weapons mid-combat. HOWEVER, you spend most of the time just holding square to attack and do combos. 10 years of development only to hold 1 button till you win? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Also certain mechanics have been made WORSE than before like the summons, for example. You spend an hour trying to get a new summon to use in a big battle but guess what? YOU CAN'T USE THEM IN THAT BATTLE. For some stupid reason summons are banned from certain battles. Like what were they thinking?? This genuinely frustrated me a number of times.

Moreover, the ability aquisition system is broken too there are too many abilities yet too little points to acquire them. It esentially forces you to grind for hours to get the abilities you want.

Also, what's up with the sexism in this game? Most of the women dress like complete trash and the rest act like helpless damsels in distress. Oh and did I mention you can't play as a single female character in this game? If you thought you would encounter a strong female character like in previous Final Fantasy games then don't expect that from this game.

Finally, the open world itself is good. There is a lot of side content to discover and the side quests have good variety. I was genuinely surprised when I beat a dungeon I thought was typical only to find it held more secrets inside than I expected. It kept me curious and motivated to explore more. This is the best aspect of the game and its better than other recent Final Fantasy games in that regard ONLY. Overall, I would say that I came for the story and gameplay that was hyped up to be different but that disappointed me and I ended up staying for its world instead.
  99. Nov 29, 2016
    +good graphics
    +combat is fun
    -boring charactes
    **** story
    -Short
    -Overall really disappointing game after such a long wait
    -all the DLC
    -ending boss fight
    - lacks polishfeels unfinished
  100. Dec 28, 2016
    Totally uninspiring game. It utilizes graphics and obscene scenes to try and get you gripped. It only consists of mindless fetch quests as an attempt to make the game last longer. If that is what you want out of a final fantasy game then go ahead and buy it.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    After so many years of development, Final Fantasy XV is not what I expected it to be. The universe is immense and beautiful and the characters are just fine. But the story is short and disappointing and the gameplay suffers from lack of depth. FFXV is a good game, but it can never bring the former glories back to the series.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 14, 2017
    Even as you reflect on the rarity of a blockbuster that's willing to take real risks, you'll be left with the uncomfortable realisation that ten years wasn't quite long enough, after all. Those jagged edges are, in the end, just a little too sharp. [Feb 2017, p.110]
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    Despite a divided feel, torn between what it was and what it plans to be, Final Fantasy XV has a lot to offer. If you're a diehard JRPG fan, then it's a positive sign that the series can cross over to a new format. And if you're just looking for an open world adventure, Final Fantasy XV certainly has that in spades, while doing just enough things differently to separate it from the likes of Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.