- Summary: Houdai, a typically incompetent high school boy when it come to matters of the heart, accidentally eats a full power cupid shot and becomes insanely popular with the ladies at his academy. However, having an entire lifetime’s sex appeal condensed into one day is not without its problems. OurHoudai, a typically incompetent high school boy when it come to matters of the heart, accidentally eats a full power cupid shot and becomes insanely popular with the ladies at his academy. However, having an entire lifetime’s sex appeal condensed into one day is not without its problems. Our hero finds out the hard way that being Mr. Popular isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Houdai must somehow resist every cute girl that throws herself at him in an effort to find his true love! If Houdai doesn’t find "the one" and confess to her by the end of the day, he will be forever alone.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Gal*Gun: Double Peace - Steam Announcement Trailer
Jul 21, 2016Shameless like a boob tube but about a billion times less interesting, Gal*Gun: Double Peace is a bad rails-shooter that tries tirelessly to get a raise, only to leave you feeling limp and agitated. If firing pheromones in the faces of overly appreciative schoolgirls is the kind of thing that turns you on, then consider giving Net Nanny her marching orders instead.
Dec 19, 2020Fun rail shooter mixed with dating sim. Memorable characters, hilarious set up, and gorgeous art. Really the most fun I’ve had on PS4 outsideFun rail shooter mixed with dating sim. Memorable characters, hilarious set up, and gorgeous art. Really the most fun I’ve had on PS4 outside of Spider-man. Makes me wonder if the majority of the downer reviews are coming from sexually repressed conservative types with no sense of humor.… Expand
Oct 31, 2016This game actually isn't bad if you give it a chance. I know you're snickering but it's actually slightly tougher than even House of the Dead.This game actually isn't bad if you give it a chance. I know you're snickering but it's actually slightly tougher than even House of the Dead. You have to shoot a certain area to get points and sometimes that area may not be visible or it may be very hard to get to.
But the game plays like a cross between House of the Dead and Time Crisis. You shoot girls with pheromone shots and they become euphoric. The mini-demons add a little more difficulty and if you think that it's too easy, remember that God-like rank is a challenge that requires you to know every level backwards and forwards. Also the game has over 70 endings, so there's something there every time you play.… Expand
Feb 2, 2020Well if you are interested on this kind of games then you are in for a fun ride, while it looks like just a fetish weird game, it actually hasWell if you are interested on this kind of games then you are in for a fun ride, while it looks like just a fetish weird game, it actually has some decent dept on its mechanics, all girls have 4 points that u can shoot and there is a limited number of girls so if you remember which part is the critical of a girl you can start to do some crazy quick combos, while the bosses are pretty decent, they are a bit rehashed so they arent always as fun as one would expect, still its a fun quick on rails shooting game… Expand
Aug 3, 2016Gal Gun: Double Peace is a game that is at its heart a on-rails shooter. You are a student at a school who has been hit by a super-love arrowGal Gun: Double Peace is a game that is at its heart a on-rails shooter. You are a student at a school who has been hit by a super-love arrow and have to shoot "pheromones" at girls that are either influenced by the "love angel" or a demon. In addition you can pick up little extras such as finding items that are tasks given by people in the school which appear in your cell phone. The shooting is mostly controlled by the left analog stick, sometimes with the D-Pad to switch directions and the square button for shooting and the right shoulder button for zooming. Personally I find that type of control not as intuitive as a move control, e.g. "Blue Estate" had an interesting idea to use the controller in a vertical position to hold it like a gun, but it works well enough.
Typically a player will choose story mode to begin the game which essentially is a combination of shooting and visual novel elements, you will even have options that influence the story and thus, there are multiple endings. Besides there are some sections where the player has to touch the girls and raise a gauge. These sections resemble a little of "Dokidoki Majo Shinpan" or "Criminal Girls", I don't find those terribly interesting, but it makes for a change of pace, and sometimes the controller touch pad needs to be used which I find relatively hard to figure out how to do right. The story is cute and silly, though not particularly deep or original, but it does the job.
I don't often play on-rails shooters and my favorites have been the "House of the Dead", "Typing of the Dead", and "Time Crisis". In my opinion the shooting sections are not quite as good as in those, but there still is quite a bit of variety and the graphics are quite clean and fluent. I deliberately chose the PS4 version, because from the Critic Reviews I could tell that the Vita version would not be quite as responsive.
As for the replayability of the game, the story mode is rather short, you'll get through it in maybe 2, 3 hours, but with the branching story line and many unlockables there are enough incentives to play this again. There is also a Score Attack mode, so you can try to best your personal High Scores.
My main critic points are the lack of move controls and the lack of sub titles for the voices, since they are in Japanese, it would be sometimes great to know what the characters are saying.
I would give this a 7.5, but there are no half points on Metacritic, so I gave it an 8, this is with respect to it being an on-rails shooter.… Expand
Aug 6, 2016This game brings something new which we hasn't seen in a while, and delivers on what it tries to give. It's a bizarre adventure in the formatThis game brings something new which we hasn't seen in a while, and delivers on what it tries to give. It's a bizarre adventure in the format of a rail-shooter, where the innuendos fly rapidly, and fan-service aplenty, though it takes no damage on the gameplay which is solid as a standalone. Personally I love the puzzle parts where you do quests and try to find hidden objects admits all the havoc. Minigames like getting the schoolbook filled out (including the girls measurements and weak spots) and the dating sim elements + routes also give the game an RPG feel which keeps the overall progression going, where you always feel you get further despite if you mess up or not during some of the runs. It won't be game of the year, but if you are into fan-servicy games and bizarreness combined with an unique but functional gameplay, then this is defiantly worth your money.… Expand
Jul 15, 2017Well, I'm here for the panties and that's exactly what I got. I'll break this review in to pros and cons.
Pros: - Lots of panties andWell, I'm here for the panties and that's exactly what I got. I'll break this review in to pros and cons.
- Lots of panties and panty color/pattern variety.
- Character poser that you can use to view all angles of all of the girls in the game (after unlocked).
- Will keep you engaged for at least 20 hours or so while you try to unlock everything.
- Nearly identical to the original Gal Gun game, including character models, graphics, and locations. The only new things here are the story
- Character models are at their bare minimum here. I've seen better character models on PS3 games. The girls' asses are unfortunately a bit blocky.
- Panty texture resolution is poor and there are obvious flaws depending on the girls' positions.
- As an ecchi fanservice game, it's not as good as Senran Kagura (which released around the same time) as far as character models and character posing go.
- Not much as far as breasts go. But I'm not a hungry baby, so I don't care about those. Though it is nice to see that they're normally-sized in this game.
Gameplay/story: eh, I don't care about that. I'll do whatever it takes to unlock all of the girls :) Think of it as the same reason people really love those pokemon/digimon games.
For me at least, the pros slightly outweigh the cons and I'm glad I bought it. It's nice to be able to play the game with English text this time around.… Expand
- (345 views)