1.0

Overwhelming dislike- based on 244 Ratings

1. Jul 14, 2016
    Worst game of its generation. Overpriced. Far too short. Broken game. Last gens ghostbuters was actually somewhat of a gem so this is a shame. Please dont buy this game.
  2. Jul 12, 2016
    I don't have any hate for the new movie, and that's partly why I even ventured playing this game.

But it is BAD. Really bad. Especially at a $50 MSRP. This should have been a download-only title for under $20, and even that would make me want to wait for a sale before thinking to purchase it. The game has nothing to do with the new movie in a sense. It works the same way a cheaply

The game has nothing to do with the new movie in a sense. It works the same way a cheaply produced cartoon series would in the same universe. Ghostbusters in this focuses on a franchise in the Ghostbusters name, where you have four characters - two men, two women. They mention that they love and idolize the new Ghostbusters in the film, and you pick up collectables said to be left behind by the new movie's villain Rowan, and the first boss battle you have is with Gertrude, the ghost shown in the trailers spewing slime on Kristin Wiig.

But the gameplay SUCKS. It's a top down shooter. There's no level maps to gain a sense of where you are, which isn't a problem in the first level but in the SECOND LEVEL of the game in the graveyard, I kept feeling like I took a wrong turn because it went on forever. And all the villains are the same - flying flaming skulls, zombies, inanimate objects, and then your boss/miniboss ghosts that you have to trap. It's tedious, it's boring, it's not all that challenging, and the cutscenes and voice interactions are lame even for the previously mentioned Saturday Morning cartoon standard.

If there's people who think that the new movie is a soulless cash grab, then they have yet to play this game, as there are no redeeming factors. Also, the menu music is just Ray Parker Jr.'s theme song on loop so while typing this and leaving my game on the main menu, I've listened to it about three times. That is a LOT of times to listen to Ray Parker Jr.'s "Ghostbusters."

Honestly, it feels a lot like that one game that came out on XBox 360 and PS3 - "Sanctum of Slime?" But there's no online play, so I can't load up and have friends join me. On top of that, it feels cheaper than that. It looks terrible. This is a next-gen only game and I don't see why, there's nothing here that looks like PS3 or 360 couldn't handle it.

Just avoid this game. Avoid it like the plague. Even if you think it'll be easy trophies - unless you have four people willing to play with you couch co-op, forget about a platinum. Also, for a game with no online or microtransactions, I find it weird that before I was able to play the game I had to agree to a MASSIVE EULA agreement. That is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, never has a game without online interaction told me that they can suspend me from playing it whenever they want. That's ridiculous.
  3. Jul 16, 2016
    Worse than Cory In The House, and that's saying something! Do not support this horrific cash grab by Sony. This year has exposed us to many stinkers, from Umbrella Corps to Homefront: Revolution, but this game absolutely takes the cake as the worst game I have ever had the fortune of playing.
  4. Jul 13, 2016
    Who you gonna call? YOUR MOTHER!!! I 'm not afraid of ghosts . i fear more games of this type . even a slime bath is more entertaining than half an hour of this game - a shame about the license !
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game from 2009, was compared to this new Ghostbuster Game absolutely amazing and pure gold.BUT THIS GAME HERE.. is so abysmally below average , I would voluntarily cross the beams, just to have my rest before : Miserable presentation , mindless gameplay , less variety poverty, shooting like a top down dead nation shooter really? , less frightening and many stupid ideas . .
  5. Jul 13, 2016
    Ghostbusters
    When theres something bad in your video game.
    Im going to start this review by saying this is probably the worst video game I have ever played. This is a dungeon crawler style shooter where you play as 1 of 4 different ghostbusters with up to 4 local co op players… all with their own stats and main weapon… as well as a proton wand… there are 6 locations in this game
    Ghostbusters
    When theres something bad in your video game.
    there are 6 locations in this game featuring 1-3 missions that can take everywhere from 7 to 40 minutes each…
    But its pretty much the same thing throughout…
    shoot smaller ghosts.. larger ghosts.. boss ghosts.. checkpoint after checkpoint location after location…
    over and over and over…
    The main problem with this game is that the pacing is way too slow and the combat is overall completely unsatisfying…
    every encounter feels like a boss fight and not because of difficulty but because how spongy every single enemy is…
    the things other dungeon crawlers like diablo get right is that weaker enemies feel like warm butter…
    but here youre shooting for what seems like forever as there are usually doezens of enemies around every corner…
    And to make it worst.. your gun overheats…
    that’s right..
    practically every 10 seconds you have to cool off your gun which brings this game to an unbearable crawl…
    when you do fight a boss, you have to weaken it to a certain point, pull out your proton wand when theyre weak, slam them a few times, and then trap them..
    you then tap x as fast as you can for an xp bonus…
    you can use this xp to upgrade characters skills like the rate in which you over heat and the damage you do.. which isn’t really too noticeable….
    And you get to do all of this while you listen to ghost puns…
    which is actually the best part of the game.
    This game is bad.
    Don’t play it.
    I give Ghostbusters
    my first ever and hopefully last ever
  6. Jul 22, 2016
    Wtf is this this game is worse then ride to hell. .
  7. Jul 25, 2016
    Overpriced mediocre game that seems like it was designed for kids. Not the worst game but at that price it should be better. Way too easy for adults.
  8. Jul 27, 2016
    Easily one of the worst games in recent years, painfully obvious cash-grab tie-in, its bad in every department, weak story lines, weak in-game mechanics with constantly recycled content. And charging full price? Heck, even $20 would be a overpriced - one things for sure, anyone giving this game 6+ rating is either working for the company or trolling.

If your a ghostbusters fan, just

If your a ghostbusters fan, just pretend this never existed.
  9. Aug 21, 2016
    Literally the worst game I've ever witnessed. Don't waste your time or money on this shallow, short, overpriced garbage.

Who you gonna call??
    GameStop, so you beg for a refund.
  10. Aug 23, 2016
    It is a game that is worth 5 dollars or less , terribly boring. The selling price is overrated. Even my kids are bored .

The dynamics of the game is slow , even prospects (Table view ) are out of focus most of the time , the multiplayer mode is a headache .
  11. May 17, 2017
    Es un juego con vista cenital, en 2,5 D, nada especial. Tiene una historia evidentemente aburrida, es un juego de miedo al parecer, le han puesto un monton de definiciones y que ninguna le biene bien. Es un mal juego desde todos los puntos de vista, y con un precio mas que abusivo.
  12. Dec 22, 2016
    Ghostbusters is a slog from start to finish.
    All this publication's reviewsRead full review
    Ghosbusters is the perfect recipe for boredom. There is nothing wrong in its basic mechanics, but the pace is soporific, the level design is too linear, and the situations are the same over the entire course of the story. It is, in the end, a gaming monster to flee from, no matter what. All this
    Ghostbusters is a slog from start to finish.
    All this publication's reviewsRead full review
    Ghostbusters has rare moments when it doesn't feel like an utter waste of time. But it's mostly a bizarre slog through mostly empty, overly cumbersome levels full of extreme repetition. Even for devoted fans of the films and four-player co-op shooters, Ghostbusters is a disappointment.
  13. Dec 16, 2016
    Why does this game exist? To make money? yep no artistic integrity here. It's an extremely repetitive, boring mess that uses the same **** song in almost every situation
  14. Mar 5, 2018
    This game doesn't have lootboxes, microtransactions, a payable second save slot, DLC or even anything else along those lines.
    It is also a complete game unlike No man's sky.

Seriously, this game deserves my respect and a much higher user score than Star Wars Battlefront 2, Metal Gear Survive and Destiny 2.
  15. May 10, 2018
    "Ghostbusters" game it's an another example when a GREEDY movie company order to an GREEDY game publisher an game with 0 fcks given about quality and content of the game. This type of game it's one you usualy hear about it Top 10 worst games of the year.
  16. Jul 19, 2016
    Simply the worst thing I have witnessed since season 23 of Top Gear started. Thought it would bring back childhood memories, but it only brought back more reasons for me to commit suicide.

Mamba out
  17. Jul 19, 2016
    A hyper-bad game based on a hyper-bad movie. What else to say? If Activision would have release this one for a few bucks on Xbox Live or PSN... okay... But charging the full price for such a short and crappy game is hilarious. Stay away!
  18. Jul 24, 2016
    It's really a shame to how far this franchise has fallen thanks to some horrible video games recently. When will people learn that movie license games suck?
  19. Jan 14, 2017
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME! THE LEVEL DESIGN IS SO AMAZING THAT YOU CAN GO TO THE CORNER OF THE MAP AND NOT GET HURT DURING BOSS BATTLES! THE SOUNDTRACK IS GOOD TOO! NO GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED REPEATED THE SAME F*CKING SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT I WANTED TO PULL MY EYES OUT AND STUFF THEM IN MY EARS!
  20. Jul 7, 2017
    Worst game ever. It costs so much for a game with little replay value. Shame on Activision and also shame on PS and XBOX for allowing such quality to pass through as acceptable
  21. Dec 19, 2016
    One of the greatest games of all time period. Superb AI, Stellar soundtrack, Hot women, Iconic boss battles(especially the final boss), and some of the most well written characters I've ever seen. This game is a hands down classic
  22. Jul 12, 2016
    Just like the new movie, this game is getting undeserving bashed.

Here is what you get: A super fun, short game that is great to play on the same couch with your friends and family. It is definitely not a sequel to the great 2009 game, but it never claimed to be. This one is definitely skewed a bit younger and seems perfect for the newest generation of GB fans. IF you are a diehard
    Just like the new movie, this game is getting undeserving bashed.

Here is what you get:

skewed a bit younger and seems perfect for the newest generation of GB fans. IF you are a diehard fanboy of the old movies and have already passed judgement on the new movies, it's most likely not for you. However, IF you like a fun, arcadey experience that takes place in the Ghostbusters universe, give this is shot. This is far better than Sanctum of Slime, btw.
  23. Jul 12, 2016

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 26, 2016
    This installment lacks the humour, thrill and charm of any of its franchise's predecessors. [Oct 2016, p.94]
  2. Games Master UK
    Sep 6, 2016
    A bland and uninteresting cash-in that's being peddled at a downright scary price point. [Sept 2016, p.70]
  3. Aug 24, 2016