6.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 13, 2020
    Adorable game and a lot less janky than the trailers would have you believe. Excellent soundtrack, good story, fun exploration and overall just a relaxing, cozy game to spend a weekend with. Some of the projectile-firing enemies and a couple platforming sections were annoying, but it’s hard not to have a smile on your face the whole time. The songs are fun and challenging to replay, andAdorable game and a lot less janky than the trailers would have you believe. Excellent soundtrack, good story, fun exploration and overall just a relaxing, cozy game to spend a weekend with. Some of the projectile-firing enemies and a couple platforming sections were annoying, but it’s hard not to have a smile on your face the whole time. The songs are fun and challenging to replay, and the whole game is short enough (7hrs) I can see myself replaying whole thing if I ever need a pick-me-up. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2020
    I liked the game and story, I had a hard time with some floaty controls and input lag for rhythm games (wish it had an automated calibration system). Will go back to get wrap up some achievements in the future. 7.5/10 (round up to 8 here)

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 25, 2020
    Meowing aside, what I enjoyed most about Giraffe and Annika was the story, and this came as a big surprise. There’s an underlying mystery about why Annika has woken on Spica Island with no memories, and how Giraffe knows her. I found the resolution to be surprisingly affecting, and it manages to be so without betraying the positive tone found in the rest of the game. At last, I’ve reviewed a good title that bucks my trend of negative reviews. I’m glad that I spent time with something I normally wouldn’t look twice at, and it was an enjoyable experience despite being aimed at kids. It’s got a few issues, but the easy-going style, bright visuals and surprisingly resonant story means that I’m going to call this one a win.
  2. Aug 23, 2020
    Giraffe and Annika manages to show a couple of good ideas, but doesn't excel in anything.
  3. Aug 22, 2020
    Giraffe and Annika certainly isn't the kind of game that you'll enjoy for its gameplay. Instead, its main appeal is found in its adorable and whimsical world that's filled with lovely sights and sounds that are sure to put a smile on your face throughout the adventure.