9.2

1. Apr 27, 2018
    Finished the game now. Not a bad game at all, but definitely over-hyped and not very deserving of the top scores it got. Fine, a story can be linear and your actions could have practically zero influence on the outcome, but at least linear games have to give you exploration and open side quests option. The linearity of the game is just so frustrating that you are even physically bound inFinished the game now. Not a bad game at all, but definitely over-hyped and not very deserving of the top scores it got. Fine, a story can be linear and your actions could have practically zero influence on the outcome, but at least linear games have to give you exploration and open side quests option. The linearity of the game is just so frustrating that you are even physically bound in your actions: you can park your boat to THIS particular space, you can climb specifically from THIS particular side of the wall, you can fight precisely in THIS limited space and nowhere else, these all pile up into a very anti-climactic experience.

The story is good, voice acting and graphics are also good, but combat dynamics are very stale, hugely disappointing and repetitive boss fights (oh why don't you like the same EXACT monster in four different elemental states given to you as if new bosses?), upgrades are very static and relationships between characters are under-done, maybe with the exception of Kratos-Atreus. It is as if nobody else lives in the vast world this adventure takes place other than the 5-6 main characters.

Overall, it took me about 2 days to finish this in medium difficulty and was just so underwhelmed by the whole experience that I didn't even bother to do post-game ending exploration. Linear stories can be done well (see: last of us), but this game isn't one of them - definitely too short and really anti-climactic ending. (wait, the game is finished?)
  2. Mar 26, 2019
    I am very sad that god of war has turned into some soap opera BS that no one cares about, it's a story about a dad that is trying to educate his son in the ways of killing, very murderous game, wouldn't reccommend for small children. framerate is nice with 24 frames very cinematic but that's about it.
  3. Apr 23, 2018
    God of War 3 is still the best game in the series. As a long time fan of these games, having owned the originals on the PS2, then the HD collections on the PS3, plus the epic GoW 3 remaster for the PS4, I have to say that this new incarnation is somewhat disappointing. It feels like more of a Dark Souls rip-off than an actual God of War game, with elements of Uncharted and the new TombGod of War 3 is still the best game in the series. As a long time fan of these games, having owned the originals on the PS2, then the HD collections on the PS3, plus the epic GoW 3 remaster for the PS4, I have to say that this new incarnation is somewhat disappointing. It feels like more of a Dark Souls rip-off than an actual God of War game, with elements of Uncharted and the new Tomb Raider sprinkled on for good measure. It's not that this is the worst thing Sony could've done with this franchise, it just feels too formulaic and borderline generic at this point. After going through Bloodborne and Nioh in the past year I had my fill of Souls-style gameplay. That entire sub-genre of hack-'n-slash games is starting to become overused and played out. This isn't the direction I wanted God of War to move in.

The combat feels much slower and clunkier compared to any other GoW game. There's no stamina bar but you have a shield to parry now and every battle feels drawn out and methodical. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems to have lost the sheer intensity that made the other games such classics. Another sort of odd design choice is the removal of jumping and aerial attacks, which is something I loved about the older games. You fight every enemy on the ground now. This was kind of a letdown. The combat itself is satisfying enough but it still feels painfully similar to, you guessed it, Dark Souls. You use the right shoulder buttons for light & heavy attacks now ala Dark Souls. L1 blocks like usual, but holding L2 & pressing R2 throws his axe to be implanted in an enemy or object. Pressing Triangle retrieves it. Just like Thor's hammer!!!

The axe itself is an allright game mechanic but still not as memorable, brutal and captivating as the Blades of Chaos. The Blades of Chaos are supposedly unlocked later in the game but I imagine that even this weapon has been awkwardly dumbed down to fit this new style of gameplay. At times the game feels way too easy. There were boss fights where all I had to do was throw and retrieve my axe. This is laughable compared to the difficulty of the older games.

Speaking of bosses, so far I've only seen 3 different kinds of bosses and 2 were completely recycled later in the game. This just seems like laziness from the developers, whereas the old games would continuously present a variety of bosses to fight. Even the QTE's have been dumbed down in this game, where you usually just mash circle instead of all the different joystick and button combinations of the old games. The blood and brutality has also been scaled back. You no longer see Kratos drenched in buckets of blood or dismembering his foes, and most enemies simply get shattered into ashes or ice crystals. They also removed the nudity and sexual content to make the game more "family friendly". The one woman you expect Kratos to hook up with is nothing but a tease. Plus there's one character who cusses like a sailor and I'm not sure if I ever heard a curse word at all in the original GoW games. Very strange.

Kratos somehow has a son now, who becomes more of an annoying sidekick than anything. He constantly shouts "behind you!" even though you have a targeting reticule indicating the direction enemies are attacking from. Pressing Square will have him shoot arrows to distract your enemies so you can sneak up and strike them. A somewhat useful feature, but I honestly feel that Atreus could've been scrapped from the game entirely.

The purpose of Atreus is of course to show the father/son relationship with Kratos. Kratos now seems completely mellowed out as if he's been smoking pounds of weed ever since he fought Zeus at the end of GoW 3. I sort of miss the blind rage that fueled Kratos to brutalize his opponents, so this change was hard for me to take.

The "open world" is sort of a faux open world, where you mostly just find diverging pathways leading to chests and other collectibles. You constantly loot fallen enemies like most action RPGs, plus there's a crafting system along with skill trees. This all just seems like too much to throw into a GoW game. The old games kept it simple: power up your weapons to get more moves. This new GoW is only making this more complicated to have a false sense of depth in the gameplay.

The graphics are outstanding, possibly some of the best I've ever seen. Sound quality and music is superb as well. Absolutely no complaints there.

Overall I feel this game is good and worth playing, but it's just not exactly what I wanted from a God of War game. They were trying way too hard to appeal to fans of the Dark Souls style games and now it feels like God of War has lost its own identity. I honestly hope they release all the classic GoW games for the PS4 because I really wanted that edge-of-your-seat, arresting combat that made those games so great. What we got instead was yet again a rip-off of other games as these companies once again go for mass-market appeal over originality
  4. Apr 30, 2018
    This is my honest opinion. I had high expectations from the game but it was mediocre at best. The main quest had a good story. It was emotional and made you care about the characters. But once you finish the main quest there's not much to do. I mean there are a few fetch quests, boss battles, and rescue missions but other than that there's not much. The gameplay was solid and the combatThis is my honest opinion. I had high expectations from the game but it was mediocre at best. The main quest had a good story. It was emotional and made you care about the characters. But once you finish the main quest there's not much to do. I mean there are a few fetch quests, boss battles, and rescue missions but other than that there's not much. The gameplay was solid and the combat system was satisfying. The game did punish you and it had the classic GOW formula where you get to point A but you can't unlock point A without item Z. The other thing I didn't like was the back tracking. I found it cumbersome. I understand they were trying something innovative with the no-cut camera and that was fine because there weren't any load screens. But I just found the back tracking annoying. Other than that if you've got 20-25 hours to kill it's a great game. Expand
  5. Apr 21, 2018
    Сейчас бы в 2018 году выпускать игры с геймплеем, где нужно искать артефакты, осматривая каждый угол локаций. С неудобной камерой осматривать каждый угол, всматриваясь в текстуры и искать, как попасть в закрытую область с сундуком. А если ты что-то пропустил и перешел в следующую локацию, то уже не имеешь возможности вернуться назад, хоть снова начинай. И после всего этого драться сСейчас бы в 2018 году выпускать игры с геймплеем, где нужно искать артефакты, осматривая каждый угол локаций. С неудобной камерой осматривать каждый угол, всматриваясь в текстуры и искать, как попасть в закрытую область с сундуком. А если ты что-то пропустил и перешел в следующую локацию, то уже не имеешь возможности вернуться назад, хоть снова начинай. И после всего этого драться с неудобным управлением, бросая кривой топор во врагов и возвращать его. Бои просто ужасные - кое-как прицелился, бросил топор, вернул топор, снова кое-как прицеливаться. Вся игра сводится к собирательству и однотипным боям с одними и теми же врагами. Радует в игре только картинка и отдельно поставленные сцены. Но в целом игра ужасна. Такое даже игрой не назовешь. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2018
    A Dark Solul like ridiculous, trivial and with a gameplay for children. Art and poetry are somewhere else.
  7. May 19, 2018
    How could you downgrade this from the first game! I guess it could be due to repetetive gameplay but seriously I regret buying this stupid game. You've lost a fan, zombie labs.
  8. Apr 20, 2018
    God of War was always a game about visceral combat. The combat system in this game feels like an afterthought and is a huge disappointment. I'm not sure who the target audience is but it isn't typical God of War fans.
  9. Apr 20, 2018
    A great game but I don't think it deserves the 10/10 that lots of people give or the 0/10 neither.

Sadly, it looks way too similar to "modern" and sucessful games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Batman Arkham stuff, The Witcher, and maybe more. Meaning it looks generic at this point, but still great. * Gameplay and mechanics are great, but it's not the God of War from PSX 2 and 3

* Gameplay and mechanics are great, but it's not the God of War from PSX 2 and 3 anymore. Also, doesn't seem to innovate on the"modern third person" formula.
    * Story telling and poetics is nothing impressive but it does it's job. At the same time, this is not the same Kratos that you knew before, full of anger and energetic, that may feel sad for some fans.
    * Graphics are impressive but also nothing that we haven't seen before; And finally,
    * Music and Sound is forgettable, generic, it doesn't add anything to the game.

Overall, the devs, designer and producer don't seem like they took any risk on the Game Design, which is ok, but also takes away some things that fans would have expected from the franchise.
    For me, it felt like the game was stuck at the beginning and never really progressed.
  10. Sep 26, 2019
    Una decepción y una continuación innecesaria que la saga no necesitaba, el combate es mas pausado, ya no hay epicidad como antes y el cambio de mitología es forzado e incoherente, es un juego que de God of War solo posee el nombre, ya que arruina gran parte de la esencia que hacia a la saga especial por mucho que algunos digan que fuera "repetitiva".
  11. Apr 26, 2018
    This game has truly some of the worst storytelling in the history of gaming, it is a shame for all who expected a proper god of war
  12. Apr 21, 2018
    Its a gorgeous game no question however its repetitive and full of backtrack but the biggest issue is there is just not enough. Half the game time is puzzles or running back to places when you are able. Not my kind of game for sure. I would rather have more combat than 20 hours of puzzling or trying to figure out silly puzzles and backtracking all over the world.. They could have doneIts a gorgeous game no question however its repetitive and full of backtrack but the biggest issue is there is just not enough. Half the game time is puzzles or running back to places when you are able. Not my kind of game for sure. I would rather have more combat than 20 hours of puzzling or trying to figure out silly puzzles and backtracking all over the world.. They could have done so much more but they chose to make it pretty which I cant knock but pretty over substance never wins. Voice acting is fantastic. Combat is mediocre at best Expand
  13. May 2, 2018
    Lets get one thing right off the bat, the visuals of this game are incredible. Other things that are great are the boy's mechanics, the leviathan axe, music, and voice acting. By all means this is a great game that sadly at times is quite annoying. One of the great parts of the previous games were the unique and important to the story boss fights...this one 90 percent are trolls. It neverLets get one thing right off the bat, the visuals of this game are incredible. Other things that are great are the boy's mechanics, the leviathan axe, music, and voice acting. By all means this is a great game that sadly at times is quite annoying. One of the great parts of the previous games were the unique and important to the story boss fights...this one 90 percent are trolls. It never gets boring but it just sad that it was handled better in the previous games. While the voice acting is good there needs to be more of it. Especially on the higher difficulties the bosses need more than three lines said over and over and over again. By all means the game is great in terms of story and world building, but sadly some of the finer details after playing this game for a lot of hours make the game annoying rather than incredible fun. Expand
  14. Apr 23, 2018
    Major disappointment after so many years and empty hype. A dull, beyond vanilla slog. A hack n slasher that downgrades all the fire, hate being a nanny
  15. Apr 23, 2018
    god of war has lost a lot of things. let me list them.
    first, the character. previous series were driven by it's character of Kratos. GoW killed it's character. Kratos somehow became father figure.
    secondly, it doesn't have catchy soundtrack like notorious 'rage of sparta'. this game is colorless tasteless. thirdly whenever I'm getting into combat, conversation starts out of nowhere and
    god of war has lost a lot of things. let me list them.
    thirdly whenever I'm getting into combat, conversation starts out of nowhere and it inturrupts the concentration. and it was very annoying.
    next up, degraded action elements. in last series kratos was crazy flies every where punishes every thing, like a real warrior. he is now just a normal human. that's what I don't really like
    moving on, there is no more emotional driver. previous season, enemies taunted the principal character, and actually made me really want to punish them. and it never failed to gift me with sweet revenge. there is no more such thing in this game.
    plus, the game has failed to balance the difficulty level.
    I mean I get that GoW franchise had a lot of hype. but tediously simillar monsters make me really want to quit.
    now it's just common aaa action game to be honest
  16. May 16, 2018
    This game is NOT a 10/10. Don't believe the hype. You know why? Because it's average in everything but graphics & story. The game play is janky at one moment & perfect the next & hit boxes are broken. You can perfectly dodge an attack & you'll still get hit even though you can tell plain as day it didn't hit you. Then there's the camera. It is awful. Whoever thought it was a goodThis game is NOT a 10/10. Don't believe the hype. You know why? Because it's average in everything but graphics & story. The game play is janky at one moment & perfect the next & hit boxes are broken. You can perfectly dodge an attack & you'll still get hit even though you can tell plain as day it didn't hit you. Then there's the camera. It is awful. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have the camera up Kratos' rear the entire time is a fricking idiot. You WILL get hit by attacks that you can't see & even though there's supposedly an arrow showing incoming attacks, at times it will be off camera & you won't be able to see the arrow. The leveling system is also terrible. It's based on gear & good gear is NOT easy to come by in this game. Progression is slow, very slow. Finding a new piece of gear that's actually good is a painstaking process & even then it becomes obsolete fairly quickly, so don't bother upgrading anything. The difficulty is also an unbalanced mess. It's like they looked at Dark Souls & had NO IDEA WTF Dark Souls was because even when playing this game on normal it's impossible. You better get ready to drop the difficulty down to easy cause that's the only way most people will be able to actually play this game. And don't get me started on "Give me a challenge" mode. It's more like, "Please stick this sharp rusty knife up my ass then gouge out my eyes" mode. Don't even bother trying the "Give me God of War" mode. It's unbalanced to all hell & basically impossible.

Overall, game is a broken unbalanced mess but the story, characters, world & exploration is top notch & the only reason I'm giving this game a 6/10. Everything else about this game is awful. Progression, combat, leveling, gear, everything else just sucks.
  17. lru
    May 2, 2018
    It's fine. Extremely derivative, down to Mimir who probably owes his existence to the Head Lopper comic book series. If you agree with all the critics who think that Last of Us Remastered and the most recent installments in the Uncharted series are the greatest PS4 games of all time, then you'll probably like this. If you're like me and thought that those titles were a little too flashyIt's fine. Extremely derivative, down to Mimir who probably owes his existence to the Head Lopper comic book series. If you agree with all the critics who think that Last of Us Remastered and the most recent installments in the Uncharted series are the greatest PS4 games of all time, then you'll probably like this. If you're like me and thought that those titles were a little too flashy and lacking when it came to actual substance, then this is going to be another title that has little replay value and leaves you wondering, "is that it?" Expand
  18. Apr 20, 2018
    Кратос... Спасибо что живой?

Кратос... Спасибо что живой?

God of War образца 2018 года - идеальная игра, если вами были пропущены все проекты жанров "Beat ’em up" и "Hack and slash" за последние ДЕВЯТЬ лет, кроме данной вселенной. При этом технологическое чудо команды Santa Monica Studio всеми силами хочет сохранить своё лицо, но получается едва ли. Постановка, картинка и звуковое сопровождение - всё, что хоть как-то напоминает о былом величии серии. Словосочетание "ПРОСТО ИНАЧЕ" может позволить себе огромнейшая масса людей, которой либо НИКОГДА не нравилась идейность голого, животного насилия, где очень бережно, как вуалью сверху, была накинута глубочайшая драма Призрака Спарты или же те, кто не хотел углубляться в мир игры, а рассматривал сей продукт только с точки зрения спинномозгового развлекалова. На фоне своих коллег по цеху продолжение саги меченного воина зачастую проигрывает то в глубине моральных вопросов, то в недостаточно кровавом месиве, зато более грамотно позволяет обращаться с предоставленной "свободой" и исследованием лок.
  19. Apr 21, 2018
    no time to read all green feedbacks, this is random green feedback

"Pretty much everything Ive ever wanted from a God of war game. Excellent story, deep combat and great graphics. Great experience from start to finish" God of War without jump sucked very very much, now this is not the dynamic game for witch I bought PS every time , now it is interactive movie! But maybe I am getting
    no time to read all green feedbacks, this is random green feedback

God of War without jump sucked very very much, now this is not the dynamic game for witch I bought PS every time , now it is interactive movie! But maybe I am getting old.
    For graphics and story I will give 6 but gameplay is lagging way behind!
  20. Mar 30, 2019
    I was very hyped for this game but sadly it didn't met my high expectations. Bosses are reused or not even present and the boy is always crying and being annoying. After I finally climbed that stupid mountain up I got greeted by a very lackluster ending and then they teased some DLC with another norse god that is probably trying to kill kratos, boring game. Wouldn't rec.
  21. Apr 22, 2018
    I'll keep it brief; God of War 2018 is super over-hyped. I'm not sure what fever has gripped certain people over this game. It's beautiful and the controls are great, but it doesn't compare to other more ambitious recent titles. It has a strong narrative and some may find the characters interesting but it is linear and highly scripted, which is tough to forgive in this age. I don'tI'll keep it brief; God of War 2018 is super over-hyped. I'm not sure what fever has gripped certain people over this game. It's beautiful and the controls are great, but it doesn't compare to other more ambitious recent titles. It has a strong narrative and some may find the characters interesting but it is linear and highly scripted, which is tough to forgive in this age. I don't understand the appeal and it's going to take a lot of effort to soldier through the rest of it. I don't get it. Expand
  22. Apr 23, 2018
    this is not what i was expecting from you Santa Monica. That was trully a disappointment. I've been waiting a long for this game but the games is not something interesting. I wanted to play GOD OF WAR not last of us or Tomb Raider.

Story is not interesting, boy is not a good companion in the war, subtitles are very small and very difficult to read. And game is not fun to play. Games doesnot enguage a gamer. Not fun to play.
  23. Apr 22, 2018
    Combat is too dull for a "God of War" title. You're a God of Boomerangs if anything. RPGs have done everything better except the touchy-good-feeling kid story which is a copy of the Last of Us. This game is not at all a GOAT. Nothing unique is here.
  24. Apr 26, 2018
    Decent game overall. I had high expectations after reading all of the positive reviews, but unfortunately I can't tell that I'm very impressed with the result. Sure there are some very good elements but certain issues disappointed me. For example, the FPS. Resolution mode can't keep the 30 FPS consistently and performance mode is unlocked which means quite unstable, but still feels muchDecent game overall. I had high expectations after reading all of the positive reviews, but unfortunately I can't tell that I'm very impressed with the result. Sure there are some very good elements but certain issues disappointed me. For example, the FPS. Resolution mode can't keep the 30 FPS consistently and performance mode is unlocked which means quite unstable, but still feels much better that resolution.

I also can't say that I like the camera and the red/yellow/purple/whatever arrows you get when an enemy is behind you/attacking you. I found some dialog quite boring and repetitive and I also find the menus/map etc not very intuitive.

In certain areas, it feels that Kratos should be able to walk on a ledge, but no, no luck, you have to go round. A lot of things I could say about it that left me unsatisfied but I want to keep this review short. Please, please don't compare it with gems and true masterpiece games.
  25. Apr 22, 2018
    I always wanna to always play GOW3, the settings were appealing to me, but I hade the game control and camera. This one is perfect for me, the game is very similar to Last of Us. However, I struggle to see how this game getting 10/10, don't get me wrong the game is good in every way nut it is just OK. i kind of forcing me to play it, which is not good for a story based game.

PS The

PS The position cages are no hardy a puzzle and they are annoying as fu..
  26. Apr 23, 2019
    For me this was a huge disappointment as my first PS4 game. It made me think I had made a bad console choice. However it turns out it was just a bad game choice. The lead character was really annoying and his actions to toughen up his son felt really forced. The camera and buttons were rubbish. The enemies kept repeating phrases over which got on my nerves. It was just no fun. If you areFor me this was a huge disappointment as my first PS4 game. It made me think I had made a bad console choice. However it turns out it was just a bad game choice. The lead character was really annoying and his actions to toughen up his son felt really forced. The camera and buttons were rubbish. The enemies kept repeating phrases over which got on my nerves. It was just no fun. If you are going to attempt life like graphics and try to make it like you are part of a film, you have to make it a good film. As the gameplay was no fun and if it was a film it would have been a huge flop, it fell at every hurdle for me. I played Beyond Two Souls shortly after this and although it was minimal on the gameplay side it was still immensely enjoyable with very good life like graphics and for the most part good voice acting. So my point is instead of wasting 50 quid on this, get 3 months of PSNow for the same price and a whole ton of awesome games. I find reviewers all seem to like this Hollywood rubbish. Hollywood is like **** pop music. They pump a ton of money in to advertising and sell some over priced turd that they spent the last 6 months sprinkling glitter on. It's s still a turd and will never shine to anyone with a drop of intelligence. Same as they rave about Journey and Flower which arent a patch on Brothers Tale of Two Sons. The Hatsune Miku 2 song demo is more fun than God of War. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2018
    COmpletely destroyed the legend.It was a waste of money.Never ever again...
  28. Apr 24, 2018
    Welp, I don't know how, but somehow the video game industry has managed to trick most people yet again, just like with Far Cry 5 most recently, that shiny graphics means a game is amazing, great, perfect, and nothing is wrong with it.

Basically, this game is a complete mess story and lore wise. It makes about as much sense as introducing Ryuk the shimigami from Deathnote into the game and saying "omg, did you know he has a son too and blahbla hblahb, stuff, reasons, go play game now."

The game truly should have been its own IP and franchise with original characters, it's sad to see that they needed to cuckold a series into submission to be just like every other third person over the shoulder game, instead of making it separate if they felt so strongly about shifting genres.

Most people won't agree because they are just happy to be playing a game that isn't constantly trying to sell them more **** all the time. They just don't understand that's the case. It's sad that we might never get another true to origins GoW game because of the success of this name stealer.

Gone are the days of fun arcady action with tons of combos and sweet powerups where the shear joy is seeing color explode across the screen. No, now we need in your face grittiness and hot breath, ohh yah so mature.
  29. Apr 29, 2018
    This game was good till I met the valkyries, that just broke the game. Not even sure Im going to finish it entirely now. These fights are SO stupid, been doing them over and over and over. And they rip me a new one in the last seconds before they die - Each and every time. This is just bad game design or some horrific wish to be like dark souls and end up ruining the game because of that.This game was good till I met the valkyries, that just broke the game. Not even sure Im going to finish it entirely now. These fights are SO stupid, been doing them over and over and over. And they rip me a new one in the last seconds before they die - Each and every time. This is just bad game design or some horrific wish to be like dark souls and end up ruining the game because of that. So disappointed, the rest of the game was epic and really well done. Now it means nothing because of the lack of balance in these fights... so stupid. I even put this 2 difficulties down from hardest to get past this stupid fight and I still get killed by 1-2 hits. Expand
  30. Apr 20, 2018
    Fair gameplay, Repetitive and slow combat, nothing really innovative, good story
  31. Apr 20, 2018
    O visual ta bacana,a história está fraca, inimigos repetitivos, vilão sem graça, os bosses estão genéricos. Não está épico quantos os anteriores, um jogo genérico com o nome god of war, esperava mais, visaram apenas lucro, criatividade deixaram de lado.
    Pra quem quer um jogo genérico e famoso esta ai, mais quem esperava uma obra de arte, vamos ter que esperar o proximo.
  32. Apr 20, 2018
  33. Apr 26, 2018
    The game has moved away from Hack'n'Slay for unknown reasons and is now just another Diablo (3) clone.
  34. Apr 25, 2018
    It's a really long movie with some button pressing. It's not GOW, and becomes boring after two hours. Very beautiful game, but boring game play. They tried to copy Zero Dawn but failed. Save your money.
  35. Apr 26, 2018
    After playing this game for 5 hours I lost interest in it, it's just not what god of war used to be, I can't understand all the hype about it, Sony you betrayed your biggest fan!
  36. Apr 20, 2018
    This is a great looking game with a strong linear story. Gameplay punishes you for being aggressive with a terrible healing mechanic. This forces you to play passive with range and as the "god of war" makes for a disappointment. Lack of varying enemies push the combat back even further but the visuals, sound, and story make for an enjoyable experience. If you like uncharted or last of usThis is a great looking game with a strong linear story. Gameplay punishes you for being aggressive with a terrible healing mechanic. This forces you to play passive with range and as the "god of war" makes for a disappointment. Lack of varying enemies push the combat back even further but the visuals, sound, and story make for an enjoyable experience. If you like uncharted or last of us you will love god of war. If you enjoy dark souls this game will be a disappointment. Expand
  37. Apr 20, 2018
    its very good game and you will feel that a AAA game for sure
    but sorry this is not a GOW game at all
    the combat is boring and not fun
    and the game is too slow for GOW you will feel like your playing the last of us or Uncharted
    I GIVE THE GAME 7/10
  38. Apr 20, 2018
    I prefer the God of War as always, this game is fine, I've been with it for several hours, but it's flat, slow, the camera is bad .... Come on, it's not worth the score given by the media. A shame.
  39. May 16, 2018
    God of War is known for brutal over the top fluid combat, with a dark narrative. This has none of that. It's a sentimental journey to bury your dead wife and reconnect with your son with clunky combat, in an extremely linear experience with very repetitive encounters and a terrible camera. Your main weapon is an axe, it feels very heavy and cumbersome like an axe should, but not thatGod of War is known for brutal over the top fluid combat, with a dark narrative. This has none of that. It's a sentimental journey to bury your dead wife and reconnect with your son with clunky combat, in an extremely linear experience with very repetitive encounters and a terrible camera. Your main weapon is an axe, it feels very heavy and cumbersome like an axe should, but not that fun when you have to manually recall it every time you throw. All the money was spent on the pretty graphics, and none on gameplay. The level design is awful, it's pretty much a track-based game with the obligatory hidden treasure chests. The map bites off open-world games, but this is far from open world - you pretty much keep waking straight until the next cut-scene. The cut scenes are short and more action-packed than the actual game - sliding down the side of a mountain is much more fun when you can control your character. I'm very disappointed in both the game, and the obviously purchased before the game's release, fake reviews. This will be $20 by the holidays, if you must try this turd then at least wait until it's on clearance. Expand
  40. Apr 29, 2018
    아주그냥 게임이 아니라 영화를 만드려고 노력을 했구나. 그런데도 퀄리티는 영화보다 훨씬 떨어짐. 지루한 전투, 쉽게질리는 부메랑, 무기업글이 뭔소용? 그냥 darksoul3같다는 느낌이든다. 스토리를 진지빨고 과묵하게 하려다보니 어처구니 없게 늘어진다. 또다른 witcher3가 아닐지?

아니 그리고 크레토스가 노잼 선비처럼 된것도 아쉬운데 적이나 npc 는 진짜 캐릭터가 특색이 없어졌다. 크레토스는 이건 전쟁의 신이 아니라 전쟁의 소녀가 되어버린느낌... god of war가 아니라 girl of war라 부르고싶다. 그리고 제발 잡보스 다른것좀 가져다 써라. 장난하냐? boring bosses. gow1, gow2 등 전작들 보스같은 다양함은 어데로 갔는교? 그래픽은 그래

그래픽은 그래 좋더라. 근데 왜 요즘겜은 전부 라스트오브어스처럼 만드려고 함? 왜 게임특색을 버리려고 하지? 전작들의 장점을 포기할만한 가치가 있는가? last of us 신작이라고하자 그냥

전형적인 전작이름빨게임
  41. Apr 20, 2018
    Самая обыкновенная бродилка всех подряд убвалка ни о чеё только зря потратил время не понимаю как можно раздуть слона из этой некчёмной мухи
  42. May 7, 2018
    I change my review. This game is not bad but it's not good also.
    I had fun to play this game only at endgame or at least when you stop looking for collectables (and around the lakes) and chests (one chest = one puzzle, really annoying) and you have all your different powers.
    I change my review. This game is not bad but it's not good also.

This could be really really good if it was something more like Diablo, where you evolve and find best gear each time. And so you can play in multiplayers for dungeons...if only.

Pros:
    - Music is awesome by Bear McCreary
    - Graphics (BUT a lot of fog, small places, and LAGS on PS4 (not pro))

Cons:
    - Craft : why i would upgrade an armor if i can buy something else better later ?! Useless.
    - Hero progression via side quests mandatory!
    - Puzzle game, you spend more time to resolve puzzles than playing.
    - Camera and controls! during fights, it's hard to remember everything and a lot of missed combo because why my hero doesn't have his axe in the hand!!!
    - this is a MOVIE-game, seriously, too many cutscenes, I want to play!
    - Speed travels... really annoying to unlock them later, and still, you go at a previous place to find a locked path and all you have to do it's walking back ....
  43. Mar 30, 2019
    doesn't feel like the old games, I am dissappointed by this very much. I am sad for what has become of god of war :(
  44. Apr 20, 2018
    16 hours to end, and 8 hours of cutscenes, this is a movie. It s very repetitive, the same enemies keep coming over and over again from the first stage to the last one. This make the game very repetitive. The Troll appeared so much time with every color possible. The Water Effects is terrible, there is a lot of blur in the distante graphics, there is a lot of fog to hide the lack of power16 hours to end, and 8 hours of cutscenes, this is a movie. It s very repetitive, the same enemies keep coming over and over again from the first stage to the last one. This make the game very repetitive. The Troll appeared so much time with every color possible. The Water Effects is terrible, there is a lot of blur in the distante graphics, there is a lot of fog to hide the lack of power to process everything. The game is not 4k, only 1080, 30 fps with a lot of downs below 22 fps. There is no co-op, no multiplayer, just finish and forget that this game. This is not a God of War. Expand
  45. Apr 21, 2018
    this game was such a disappointment . GOW 2018 doesnt made anything new its like santa monica just used every gameplay expample of every popular game copy/paste a kratos 3D model in the game.
    copy/paste on the story im getting bored about all this "companion" mecahanics every time they try to tell me a "deep" story.
    boring mechanics, every second i feel like ive already played this

boring mechanics, every second i feel like ive already played this theres nothing new...

when i buy a PS4 -Pro i was expecting 60FPS on every game this game cant reach even 50 bad optimisation.
  46. Apr 20, 2018
    Mudaram completamente a dinâmica do jogo. Virou um jogo comum e sem muita graça.
  47. Apr 20, 2018
    this is not a game as I expected. As a fan of GOD OF WAR I wanted to continue the great universe and this is a copy of THE LAST OF US and it is not successful. After 9 hours I went through the game and ending which is a disappointment. SONY why ????
  48. Apr 20, 2018
    this is the last of kratos... i rly hate this change in the game and gameplay.
  49. Apr 22, 2018
    God of War?... Lo que tiene de God of War es el nombre y Kratos. La música está bien, los gráficos son aceptables, pero la cámara es bastante mala, los combates son muy repetitivos y te acaban aburriendo, poca variedad y poca cantidad de enemigos y la historia es bastante flojita.
    Sin duda se esperaba muchísimas más, no está a la altura de la saga y ni mejora ni innova en nada. No es un título que te llame la atención en algo específico ni destaca en nada en particular, no te invita a seguir jugando ni a rejugarlo una vez terminado.
    No vale la pena gastar dinero en este juego. Es el típico videojuego que una vez lo terminas quedará relegado en una estantería cogiendo polvo para el resto de tu vida.
    Mejor esperar a que esté por 10 o 20 euros si queréis jugarlo, así no tendrás la sensación de que has tirado tanto dinero. No es un juego que valga la pena comprar de salida por 60€-70€ según en que tiendas.
  50. Apr 20, 2018
    Não gostei. O jogo repete a fórmula do The Last of Us, só que com skins do Kratos. Não há nada de inovador. Por isso, é comparado a outros jogos, como se fosse cópia de Dark Souls ou Ryse. A verdade nua e crua é que God of War abandonou o que era o diferencial da franquia, de ser ação-aventura hack and slash, para se tornar um Tomb Raider. A franquia mudou para atingir outro público, masNão gostei. O jogo repete a fórmula do The Last of Us, só que com skins do Kratos. Não há nada de inovador. Por isso, é comparado a outros jogos, como se fosse cópia de Dark Souls ou Ryse. A verdade nua e crua é que God of War abandonou o que era o diferencial da franquia, de ser ação-aventura hack and slash, para se tornar um Tomb Raider. A franquia mudou para atingir outro público, mas acabou traindo seus antigos fãs. Nota ZERO. Expand
  51. Apr 20, 2018
    Excellent game by an excellent developer! No micro-transactions, no season pass, no bullshiit!
    Who was saying single player games were dead? Cory is the God of video-games!
  52. Jun 12, 2018
    A game that is very superrated. Don't deserve such a high score because it is not god of war. It is The last of us with kratos in the north. Where are the big battles that made god of war in the past? The bosses looks like the same every time, kratos don't look like the spartan we know, his relation with his son is very forced and it is the worst god of war that i ever played in my life.
  53. Apr 20, 2018
    I FEEL NOTHING! Exactly, this game lacks originality compare to the original trilogy. If you're new to the series and didn't play the original when it was fresh, then this might seems good to you. Huge disappointment from me. The killing/combat felt held back and not as spectacular as the first three games. It feels like Kratos had been brainwashed by the liberals at Sony HQ and given taskI FEEL NOTHING! Exactly, this game lacks originality compare to the original trilogy. If you're new to the series and didn't play the original when it was fresh, then this might seems good to you. Huge disappointment from me. The killing/combat felt held back and not as spectacular as the first three games. It feels like Kratos had been brainwashed by the liberals at Sony HQ and given task to babysit an annoying little man. Removing the female nudity is not so much of a problem for me, but making Kratos into a "vegetarian wanna be cool dad" is just not what I want from him and the franchise.

Huge waste of time and production budget from Santa Monica studios. If they want to make something similar to The Last of Us go ahead, just don't use God of War franchise as the basis for it. To me Kratos is always an avenger, an angry half-god who brutally murders gods and shreds titans into pieces and destroys cities with all of the civilians in it without any second thought . He was betrayed and he got nothing to lose. He is the GOD OF WAR, he did it for his family. I gave 7 for the visual alone, other than that Kratos is dead.
  54. Jul 19, 2018
    All in all, this isn't a very good game.
    To start things off it's much, much slower paced than the other games in the series which in an action game can be a deathblow seeing as speed is the lifeblood of the genre. The enemy variety and difficulty really needed a boost as things are now even on the hardest difficulty the best method of dispatch is just mashing the basic combo.
    There's
    All in all, this isn't a very good game.
    There's way way too much dialogue as well, this is supposed to be God of War the main appeal was cutting things to pieces not talking to your son.

All in all this isn't a very good game and not worth a purchase
  55. Apr 20, 2018
    Not God of War. Very poorly executed combat that reminds me of Hellblade: not a good reminder.
    Camera angles are a nightmare and enemies feel generic and boring, graphics are nice but I value gameplay over eye candy
  56. Apr 20, 2018
    The usual Sony exclusive template, cinematic, dark, "mature". This game is The Last of Us mixed with Dark Souls, with the difference being that Dark Souls is actually hard and not full of QTEs, but that's just how God of War is, a mindless but fun buttonmasher and this game does not change that fact, despite the different camera angle. The strongest point of this game is the presentation,The usual Sony exclusive template, cinematic, dark, "mature". This game is The Last of Us mixed with Dark Souls, with the difference being that Dark Souls is actually hard and not full of QTEs, but that's just how God of War is, a mindless but fun buttonmasher and this game does not change that fact, despite the different camera angle. The strongest point of this game is the presentation, from cinematography to the visuals, it's all top notch (though there are better looking games out there). The weakest points however are the somewhat repetitive and dull gameplay and the FoV. The occasional "power" moves and the Blades of Chaos are nice to see though. As for the FoV, if the camera was just a bit further away from Kratos, it would look much better. Also some of the animations look a little clunky but it's not really that bad.

So, as someone who always liked God of War, I can appreciate the new approach, but I also think they could have changed the name, replace Kratos and keep everything else and you wouldn't be able to tell you're playing a GoW game. But at least it's better than Ascension.
  57. Apr 20, 2018
    The story is less interesting, enemies are repetitive and also they killed God of War franchise. overall this game its so lackluster, and wait for the paid content lol
  58. Apr 24, 2018
    Rechaza la ideología de la saga God of war Mandarin a la mierda la historia y tradición del gran Kratos ahora lo convirtieron en un auténtico actor de cine buena producción cinematográfica mal videojuego en general.
  59. Apr 21, 2018
    This isn't even a game, this is a movie. The story is bad and has so many oscar bait moments, to give players the impression that the story is good. The combat is so boring and repetitive. There is lack of enemy variety. The graphics are amazing but the only reason it's amazing is because there is so much fog. The fog hides the bad pop-ins, performance issues and terrible draw distance.This isn't even a game, this is a movie. The story is bad and has so many oscar bait moments, to give players the impression that the story is good. The combat is so boring and repetitive. There is lack of enemy variety. The graphics are amazing but the only reason it's amazing is because there is so much fog. The fog hides the bad pop-ins, performance issues and terrible draw distance. They also lied that the story is 35 hours. I beat the story in just 15 hours.

There is no multiplayer at all. So once you beat the story, this game will go back to the shelf and collect dust. $60 for a game with no replayability is a cashgrab. I recommend you wait for this game to drop to $10 before picking it up.
  60. May 24, 2018
    The overall story is amazing, but the Muspelheim and Niflheim content is boring, broken and needlessly excessive. Basically everything else but those two realms are really good, that's why it's even more sad that to get the best armor upgraded you have to grind these absolutely lackluster trials.
  61. Apr 20, 2018
    Excellent game. One of the best games I’ve ever played. Graphics, gameplay and story are all top notch.
  62. Apr 20, 2018
    Before everything I wanted to say thank you to Sony and Santa Monica Studio. I am tired of modern lootbox-field and Fapple Royale trends that turned industry into stupid soulless grind-games. I'll keep supporting every single company that still stands for ART, which is classic AAA-story based and gameplay-rich games. Thanks for not forgetting those who have a taste in games.

GoW 2018 is

GoW 2018 is a modern breathe of old series. Prologue took about 2 hours. I learnt about how World structure works and fought two bosses. And I want to say I really enjoyed.

Gameplay:

GoW have always been primarily a gameplay sort of games (for me). And as much as we all loved oldschool slashers — previous basis couldn't last long after ps2/ps3 era. Something had to be changed. Why score is 9, not 10 — because I'm a bit tired of how 90% of combat systems are now divided on two paradigms: "Batman Arkham press x to win style" and "Souls-style" both of which I really hate and am tired of.

However, GoW combat system is a much deeper thing but feels like it has a Souls hit-box core but with allusion on oldschool GoW style and much more flexible. Thanks to upgrades and interesting combos it feels good, and makes me try my best to beat even a couple of enemies. I'd recommend you to play on Hard because it makes you invent a strategy, fight with mind and sometimes even survive actually, to learn the behavior of different types of enemies. Hardcore fights immersed me into a role of old and tired Cratos who is still old but can beat them asses if you focus. In this part you rather survive than just slaughter in Rage everyone. While some xbox-loosers speak of "TLoU" cliche — I see an evolved character with changed body and mind condition.

Gameplay is perfectly integrated into cutscenes and vice versa. When I caught myself on trying to press buttons during cutscenes and doing nothing during gameplay because I thought it was a cutscene - I actually jumped off my chair and started screaming at how INSANELY GOOD the stage of the game is.

Bosses is a special cherry on the pie in GoW-2018. In prologue I met only two of them yet but they both were absolutely unique, and handmade. Everything is perfect with bosses: unique battlefields with semi-procedural destruction, unique battle style and tactics needed to win each, their behavior during the battle (emotions, dialogues), the perfect integration of scripts that don't actually annoy you (I hate when devs are destroying gameplay by making very scripted game but GoW isn't the one of these games. It has scripts but their role and feel is absolutely different). This aspect of the game is 20 of 10.

I enjoy physics in the game. There actually isn't that a lot of physics integration but that a little bit of what we have — really feels good. Moving objects, destructive objects, Axe's flight. It immerses, makes everything natural + Trowing an axe is a special mini-game for me that I really love. It isn't just about enjoying animation. It's useful in combat to take a perfect moment to call back the Leviathan so it could hit as much enemies as it's possible and stun them for a second. It could actually save you some time. Especially when you play on hard and you have to count your moves and think, meanwhile a tone of enemies coming.

Open World:

What else you want in single-player story-based games? This is still a linear story but with the opportunity to go and research it if you wish. Everything is optional, noone makes you to explore it. At the same time exploring is enjoyable. It opens unique atmospheric views for you, it has secrets, it gives you some extra battles and then it rewards you with some loot, gifts and silves which might help you to upgrade yourself much faster. Everything is optional. It is up to you about how to build your story and what footpaths to follow. And this is excellent and ideal for a linear single-player game. World is linear but open and able to explore it.

And yeah, views... Views are incredible!

Plot:
    I totally disagree with "The Last of Us" cliche, because relationships between younger and older, or parents vs their kids — is an infinite scenario to develop and talk about in our life. Atreus is the one who opens our old character from the other angle. Cratos evolved, too. I only completed a prologue but I see he has a rich background and even more changes are coming. Atreus is a typical maximalist kid but definitely has a charisma. I find my younger self in him. Cratos feels much better as a person. Integration of Scandinavian folklore yet seems incredible. Game has a little bit of very good humor (sometimes I don't even understand whether it was just a comedy-moment right now or just an unorthodox behavior of character which has some meaning :D ) meanwhile I can't say it come to some sort of stupid grotesque like in Marvel Movies. Not at all. Everything about stage, dialogues and cutscenes is on a very high level.
  63. Apr 20, 2018
    Pay for a video game, get a movie, a boring and expensive movie. Everything a "specialized" media likes.
  64. Apr 20, 2018
    This os not God of War!!! Is The new "Rise of The Tomb Raider" or "The Last of Us Part II", this is not GOTY!!!
  65. Apr 20, 2018
    Não comprem. GOW acabou em 2010. A Sony ressuscitou Kratos para arrancar seu dinheiro. Esse jogo é uma cópia descarada de Ryse Son of Rome, melhor hack n´slash da geração e gráficos de 2013 que ainda não foram superados até hoje. Esse novo God of War é chato, curto, repetitivo, lento, linear, enjoativo. Kratos virou um pai bundão, não pega as vadias mais, não pula, não nada, não escala,Não comprem. GOW acabou em 2010. A Sony ressuscitou Kratos para arrancar seu dinheiro. Esse jogo é uma cópia descarada de Ryse Son of Rome, melhor hack n´slash da geração e gráficos de 2013 que ainda não foram superados até hoje. Esse novo God of War é chato, curto, repetitivo, lento, linear, enjoativo. Kratos virou um pai bundão, não pega as vadias mais, não pula, não nada, não escala, não faz combo. Virou filminho de 6 horas, só vale comprar por R$ 30 reais, o preço atual do seu antecessor. Jogo hypado ao extremo, que se assiste em um final de semana. Segunda já vai estar na OLX baratin. Expand
  66. Apr 20, 2018
    Best.Game.Ever. i have ever played. Im not a big fan of GoW series but this game made me care about Kratos.
  67. Apr 20, 2018
    Lo único malo es que parece otro juego, le hacen falta más enemigos y esa brutalidad que distinguía a kratos.
  68. Nov 6, 2018
    Bad gameplay, graphic, weak story, unopen world game and no online in the game.
  69. Apr 20, 2018
    God of War become Last of Us. Same companion, same mechanics, same plot about great journey. Good game as something different, but not God of War.
  70. Apr 20, 2018
    The best game i've ever played, what could you possibly want in a modern game? Graphics, gameplay, sound and music, content, a good challenge, a good story and narative and inovation.
    Usually a game can get one of those things right and the rest of it ok, or good at best, botw for example inovates, the graphics are beautiful artisticaly but not impressive in terms of technology and etc... But god of war, all of those things are made perfectly, absolutely perfect un every single aspect. It's already impressive that the game does all of that at the same time, imagine doing that this good; it's unbelievable, it's mindblowingly good.
    This game literaly sets a new level for AAA games for the whole industry
  71. Apr 20, 2018
    It truly is a masterpiece. Hands down the best PS4 game I've ever played. A must try for everyone.
  72. Apr 20, 2018
    Having played only a bare minimum amount of time at the time of writing this;

My opinion is that God Of War (4) is the utmost most innovative, tightly made (especially the controls!!!) and best looking work of art/videogame that I have ever played, in my entire life.
    I love everything from the story telling to the combat. It's the perfect game and that is not something I say lightly.
  73. May 2, 2018
    For context, I've never played another God of War game, and I honestly had no interest in playing this one whatsoever. The only reason I picked this up is word-of-mouth, and, boy, did the game live up. From the story to the graphics, from the level design to the upgrades, this game is amazing. But what really makes it shine is the combat. There would have been so many ways to make thisFor context, I've never played another God of War game, and I honestly had no interest in playing this one whatsoever. The only reason I picked this up is word-of-mouth, and, boy, did the game live up. From the story to the graphics, from the level design to the upgrades, this game is amazing. But what really makes it shine is the combat. There would have been so many ways to make this game go bad: cover shooting, hack-n-slash, too few types of enemies. The game doesn't do any of that. Combat is actually a challenge in this game, even on default difficulty. You can't stay back and shoot your way through, because enemies are too numerous and your "reload" isn't that fast. At the same time, you can't mindlessly jump into the fray, because you'll take to much damage and enemy shots tend to stun you. You truly and honestly have to plan and think on your feet: throw an axe, keep enemies in front of you, parry when you can, dodge when you have to, ask your partner for help, use "spells." If you're at all worried about this game's critical average being propped up by the presentation, don't. The combat in this game is rock solid. You WILL have fun with it. Expand
  74. Oct 19, 2018
    This is not GoW, but a cheap reenactment with bad camera angles, an annoying child (because according to Sony you must care for their characters) and lots of collectibles (that are used to mask the actual lack of content). This is a (too) short game that tries to copy to much The last of us with an interesting story, but repetitive game play. I really don't get it what this game wants toThis is not GoW, but a cheap reenactment with bad camera angles, an annoying child (because according to Sony you must care for their characters) and lots of collectibles (that are used to mask the actual lack of content). This is a (too) short game that tries to copy to much The last of us with an interesting story, but repetitive game play. I really don't get it what this game wants to be, but I certainly didn't like it too much (despite the fact that I've played and enjoyed all the previous GoW games). And if this gets Game of the Year, it means I am too old for gaming Expand
  75. Apr 20, 2018
    God Of War is a great game, a unique masterpiece, very generous in quality content with a colossal lifespan which is very rare these days especially for solo games, a gameplay deeper and neater than the old opus of the saga, graphically and artistically it's never been seen on consoles, the gripping story, a magnificent soundtrack, This God Of War reinvents the franchise like Resident EvilGod Of War is a great game, a unique masterpiece, very generous in quality content with a colossal lifespan which is very rare these days especially for solo games, a gameplay deeper and neater than the old opus of the saga, graphically and artistically it's never been seen on consoles, the gripping story, a magnificent soundtrack, This God Of War reinvents the franchise like Resident Evil 4 in its time, in short this game is a total success. Whether you're a fan or not, if you like video games you can't miss this PS4 monument. Expand
  76. Apr 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. God of War managed to not only managed to hook me within seconds of playing it but also made me happy to fight, made me care. The game is absolutely amazing and i honestly can say that besides the text being somewhat small the game has not done anything wrong in the time i played the game. Absolutely stunning. Expand
  77. May 2, 2018
    melhor god of war ja feito !!! jogo 10/10 é incrível como o jogo tem prende historia e jogabilidade perfeitas !!
  78. Apr 20, 2018
    Thank you Sony. Great game. Great change. Thank you Cory Barlog. One of the best games on PS4
  79. Apr 20, 2018
    An absolute masterpiece, buy this game. Don't listen to the people trying to ruin its user score because they're stuck in the past and can't realise when change is for the better or they're Xbox fanboys. This game is pure cinematic bliss. The combat is intricate and extremely satisfying. The story is fantastic with plenty of awe inspiring set pieces and great boss battles. I simply cannotAn absolute masterpiece, buy this game. Don't listen to the people trying to ruin its user score because they're stuck in the past and can't realise when change is for the better or they're Xbox fanboys. This game is pure cinematic bliss. The combat is intricate and extremely satisfying. The story is fantastic with plenty of awe inspiring set pieces and great boss battles. I simply cannot gush about this game enough. If you own a PS4...BUY THIS GAME!! Expand
  80. May 3, 2018
    I have strange and mixed feelings about the game. The main story is very good, and I have only minor complaint about some of its moments. The sidequests and stories are what good sidequests should be, all of them have a relevant story, lore and level designs, I have even less complaint about those, than the main storyline. But ultimately, I think the sidestories take away the urgency andI have strange and mixed feelings about the game. The main story is very good, and I have only minor complaint about some of its moments. The sidequests and stories are what good sidequests should be, all of them have a relevant story, lore and level designs, I have even less complaint about those, than the main storyline. But ultimately, I think the sidestories take away the urgency and the tension of the main story, diluting it a bit too much. So, here is where I am torn: the gameplay is a solid 10, the main story is a very good 9.5, the sidequests are nothing less than a 10. It should be a nobrainer to give this game a 10, right? I am still not sure... Expand
  81. Apr 20, 2018
    The new over the shoulder camera angle eliminates the most distinctive element of the God of War franchise - the epic scale of grand environments and titanic enemies. Now it's just like every other third person action game, with repetitive scenery and puny enemies, even the dragons are shrimps. Despite this gross reduction in enemy size the close-in camera often takes in no more thanThe new over the shoulder camera angle eliminates the most distinctive element of the God of War franchise - the epic scale of grand environments and titanic enemies. Now it's just like every other third person action game, with repetitive scenery and puny enemies, even the dragons are shrimps. Despite this gross reduction in enemy size the close-in camera often takes in no more than nondescript patches of flesh. And whenever you are launching melee attacks on enemies slightly larger than yourself, such as the frequent trolls, your screen is likely to be centered on their nether regions. A complete betrayal of the franchise and a terrible game, zero stars. Expand
  82. Jun 5, 2018
    This game have less weapons, bunch of QTE(Quick Time Event) party, enemies are repetitive, the action is poor, people that give a 10 they are so full of lies and they killed the franchise. I want my old God of War back.
  83. Apr 20, 2018
    Nothing new for a sony exclusive, and yet not a God of War game. pretty repetitive combat downgrade of what it was before. Story is simple and not that amusing. And of course a cliff hanger to continue the factory work of producing repetitive sony games. Disappointing
  84. Apr 20, 2018
    OMG that's a F***ING AWESOME!!!! This game is just brilliant! Everything here is working perfect! Story is EPIC! Music is EPIC! All characters are very interesting and dramatic! GRAPHIC WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!! If you have a PlayStation you must RUN to nearest game shop and buy new God Of War so you will see how PERFECT this Game IS!
  85. Apr 20, 2018
    Should be experienced by every human on earth and this is the game of the generation
  86. Apr 20, 2018
    Thank you very much Sony for the pleasures, one of the best games of this generation
  87. Apr 20, 2018
    The visuals, story representation and ambience are stunning. The redemption of Kratos are well represented and combat is intuitive and refreshing. Probably best game of ps4
  88. Apr 20, 2018
    A Masterful Game! A culmination of Santa Monica's experience and craft. Truly an experience, They presented us with new hopes. A soft reboot of a franchise which opens up new doors for the future of Kratos by far It sits as one of the very best single player game ever made. I really recommend anyone to play this work of art. truly the future is bright for this franchise can't wait to seeA Masterful Game! A culmination of Santa Monica's experience and craft. Truly an experience, They presented us with new hopes. A soft reboot of a franchise which opens up new doors for the future of Kratos by far It sits as one of the very best single player game ever made. I really recommend anyone to play this work of art. truly the future is bright for this franchise can't wait to see what's up next! Expand
  89. Apr 20, 2018
    Все просто, это лучшая игра для PS4 на данный момент, так же как "Last of us" стала лучшей для PS3. Всех поздравляю, и напоминаю что 0 и 1 ставят неадекватные фанаты ПК и Хбокс с пустыми аккаунтами созданными сегодня с единственной целью - обгадить эту отличную игру XD. У меня есть и то и то, и на мой взгляд ни на ПК ни на Хбокс ничего даже близко подобного пока не выходило.Все просто, это лучшая игра для PS4 на данный момент, так же как "Last of us" стала лучшей для PS3. Всех поздравляю, и напоминаю что 0 и 1 ставят неадекватные фанаты ПК и Хбокс с пустыми аккаунтами созданными сегодня с единственной целью - обгадить эту отличную игру XD. У меня есть и то и то, и на мой взгляд ни на ПК ни на Хбокс ничего даже близко подобного пока не выходило.
  90. May 1, 2018
    God of War is yet another stupendous inclusion to the PS4’s already strong library of Sony-published exclusives. Blending incredibly satisfying gamefeel with a very strong and even heartwarming narrative about parenting and what it means to be there for those you care for, this is one of those rare games that somehow manages to juggle both gameplay and story with ease.
  91. May 1, 2018
    Excellent game all around, I’m just glad Sony showed everyone again that people love great story-driven single player games, not microtransaction and lootbox-filled online trash. As many others, I vote with my wallet, and bought this game full price (as UC4&TLOU), and stay far away from the likes of EA.
  92. Apr 20, 2018
    The best God of War game ever made, and surpasses the storytelling quality of The Last of Us, and is on par with Bloodborne in gameplay complexity. Cory Barlog had an impossible task, but he and his team managed to surpass and crush the expectations. An instant classic which moves the games industry forward. Highly recommended!
  93. May 27, 2018
    You know, God Of War is not overrated game. Quality on every corner: Atmosphere, Charachters, Emotions, OST, Sounds, Visuals, Addictive combat mechanics, every upgrade and skill feel useful. No bugs or glitches on a day one. It's a rare stuff and serious contender of GOTY 2018.
  94. Apr 20, 2018
    Such a fantastic game. Breathtaking in almost every aspect. The new combat system mixes so well with the speed and dynamic of the God of War franchise that people have come to love. Memorable characters, fights, and world in general make this game a must-buy for any PS4 owner. I will never understand why people have to rate such great games 0 on Metacritic, especially when the gameSuch a fantastic game. Breathtaking in almost every aspect. The new combat system mixes so well with the speed and dynamic of the God of War franchise that people have come to love. Memorable characters, fights, and world in general make this game a must-buy for any PS4 owner. I will never understand why people have to rate such great games 0 on Metacritic, especially when the game deserves a perfect or near-perfect rating! Expand
  95. Feb 2, 2019
    jogo épico uma nova maneira de jogar sem aquela jogabilidade datada de antes!inimigos,trilha sonora,gráficos jogabilidade tudo tudo de melhor qualidade desempenho máximo!uma surpresa atras da outra não tenho nada a reclama do jogo goty
  96. Apr 20, 2018
    Esse novo god of war tem tudo para ganhar o jogo do ano.. Não sei nem o que dizer até onde estou jogando esta espetacular
  97. Apr 20, 2018
    This is the GOW that we’ve all been waiting for. Years and many games to come
    to THIS point. The reason and game that will make people drop jaws. Here is the system seller, the generation defining game and one of the best games of all time. Buy a PS4 just for this, just go.
  98. Apr 20, 2018
    Wow, I'm amazed. This stunning game reaches the heights of The Last Of Us and that says a lot. 10/10 Single player games are dead? You are so wrong, man! Thx to Sony they nailed this generation again again again!
  99. May 1, 2018
    A truly special game, expertly crafted from top to bottom. I can't express just how good this game is, I've just finished it and I loved every minute of it. I almost never rate games 10/10 but God of War absolutely deserves the highest honours. Everything is just done to the highest possible standard, which results in an incredible game that everyone should play.
  100. May 1, 2018
    God of War is remarkable on all fronts; from the personal storytelling, to the lore of the world, the addictive gameplay, the graphics, the music, and the overall presentation. This game from the beginning had my interest over previous God of War games as it focuses more on telling an emotional story between Kratos and his son Atreus. It deals with Norse mythology, a first for the series,God of War is remarkable on all fronts; from the personal storytelling, to the lore of the world, the addictive gameplay, the graphics, the music, and the overall presentation. This game from the beginning had my interest over previous God of War games as it focuses more on telling an emotional story between Kratos and his son Atreus. It deals with Norse mythology, a first for the series, and thus provides new opportunities for locations and new Gods to face. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic and will have you addicted from the moment you begin playing. Kratos' new weapon of choice, the Leviathan Axe, is super satisfying to use and callback. The game also continues the franchise's tradition of epic large scaled boss battles that provide some of the most jaw dropping and memorable moments in the game. The graphics are some of, if not the best the PS4 has to offer up to this point. The original soundtrack is both emotional and beautiful when it needs to be and epic when in intense combat. And the overall presentation is unlike any other game. God of War never cuts throughout the entire main story. One long camera take captures the entire experience seamlessly, including both gameplay segments and cinematics. This means no time passes, which really helps to immerse the player with the characters as you follow them along the entire journey. And even after the main story is completed, there are still plenty of side objectives to complete and other locations to explore. The game isn't open world, but its wide linear structure still provides plenty of extra exploration. God of War is one of the best PS4 games and is a must own for any PS4 owner. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 118 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    The return of the furious Spartan warrior was made well. God of War is already a great contender for game of the year and you shouldn't miss it. [Issue#285]
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 6, 2018
    Cory Barlog and his team achieved what many thought impossible – despite having changed almost everything Santa Monica managed to preserve that elusive spark that makes God of War game feel like a God of War game. They created one of the defining titles of the current generation and a technical marvel whose stunning beauty in motion words cannot describe. And there’s one more thing. Barlog’s touching reaction to his masterpiece’s scores shows that even in the world of huge budgets, micropayments, loot boxes and sales forecasts there still is a place for artists who pour their hearts into their work. We need someone to remind us of that once in a while. [06/2018, p.38]
  3. Jun 7, 2018
    Where most games excel in one single area, God of War manages to deliver on every front, providing players with one of the best experiences we’ve seen so far this generation.