9.2

1. Apr 20, 2018
    The God of War became another conveyor exclusive game from Sony. The franchise has lost everything that was the real God of War. What I played yesterday is a mixture of Dark Souls, Last Of Us and Uncharted. Sorry that all exclusive games from the company become similar one and the same.
  2. May 1, 2018
    Kratos is back and he has mellowed the hell out. God of War is what the game industry should take note of when they have a franchise that is stale. Resident Evil 7 did it and now God of War reboot the gameplay while keeping it a sequel in the franchise. God of War revamps the gameplay from hack and slash dodging with timing puzzle that were controller breaking levels of frustration, to aKratos is back and he has mellowed the hell out. God of War is what the game industry should take note of when they have a franchise that is stale. Resident Evil 7 did it and now God of War reboot the gameplay while keeping it a sequel in the franchise. God of War revamps the gameplay from hack and slash dodging with timing puzzle that were controller breaking levels of frustration, to a slower pace more cinematic experience. The game is less like Devil May Cry and more like The Witcher 3 in how the combat is concerned. The game also basically eliminates the quick time events and insteads will just show you Kratos doing his brutal finishers which is nice. In previous games I was so much more concerned with hitting the right button I would miss out on some gorey goodness. That being said the game is significantly less gore filled than any of the other games. Which is bad and good at the same time. It removes the less campy feel of the series to bring a more serious tone to it. The scale of enemies however is vastly greater in the installment. I think it is because the camera is directly behind the character instead of a more isometric camera angle. So when you face a large enemy you will immediately notice the scale of them. The story is without a doubt the best the series has ever been. The story focuses on Kratos and his son Atreus going to the tallest mountain to release his wife's ashes. A simple quest turns into a daring one because they are being hunted by the Norse Gods themselves for reasons that are unknown to Kratos. This story is fantastic because it humanizes Kratos like we have never seen. Unlike the murder crazed loon we are used to Kratos is a stoic man who is only trying to teach his son how to survive and to avoid the mistakes that Kratos himself has made in the past. Now the most controversial character is Atreus because he is a child he will get on peoples nerves which is entirely understandable. He is has a point in the story the kid is unbearable, but that is apart of the story and there is a reason why. The game has a vast variety of likeable and deep characters you never expect to see in a God of War game.
    Overall I loved this game more than any other in the God of War series. (Which is saying a lot being I am a huge fan) The gameplay is revamped in the best way possible. The story is deep and engaging, and of course the game is beautiful to look at. I can't get enough of this game I want to forget about it so I can replay it again. Very few games are perfect, but God of War is one of these masterpieces that should not be missed. I of course give it a 10/10.
  3. Apr 20, 2018
    Better GOW ever, graphics looks like next gen, fun combat system that evolves with time and a gorgeous story that will make you fall in love. Masterpiece.
  4. Apr 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off there are a lot of salty xbix fanboys posting bad reviews so stay out of those.
    So the game?its AMAZING.as good as it comes.more games like this should be made.it immersed me in its setting,its amazingly deep and complex combat system,amazing graphics,heartfelt emotional frigging awesome story and setting,amazing soundtrack,DAT ONESHOT CAMERA,....
    Do yourself a favour and buy it
    Soke sugestions would be include more weapons in the sequel(but the weapons that are there are so deep and complex),more enemies and...thats it.these are nitpicky observations
    THANK YOU CORY BARLOG AND SANTA MONICA FOR THIS GEM OF A GAME
  5. Apr 20, 2018
    I love the reinvention of this game, I wasn't entirely a big fan of the original series but i love this new concept and direction, the heavily influenced story telling combined with the gameplay and the combat that is expected from the series is nothing short of amazing, it's transitions very seamlessly between gameplay and cinematic that makes the entire experience very immersive.
    It
    It features a weapon upgrade system to give progression and targets, the voice acting (chris judge from stargate sg1 is amazing), everything about the game just works.
    This time last year Horizon Zero Dawn was my game of 2017, God of War is my game of 2018!
  6. Apr 20, 2018
    this game is incredible and amazing ever i playing. i just playing this for 3 hours now since it launched last night at midnight.

Graphic, story, gameplay/combat and soundtrack are top notch. i recommended this to anyone
  7. May 2, 2018
    Upper echelon...It's a must buy if you're a ps4 owner. dont go after the low ratings. they are just bitter xbox one fans.
  8. Apr 20, 2018
    El juego de GOD OF WAR a grandes rasgos está bien, presentan una historia balanceada, aunque hay momentos en que parece que pierde coherencia. Además, con respecto a las mejoras en el juego van desde que el jugador tiene el control de la cámara, los orbes rojos se reemplazaron por el equipo que puede incrementar los aspectos del personaje. El menú de desarrollo es sofisticado, pero seEl juego de GOD OF WAR a grandes rasgos está bien, presentan una historia balanceada, aunque hay momentos en que parece que pierde coherencia. Además, con respecto a las mejoras en el juego van desde que el jugador tiene el control de la cámara, los orbes rojos se reemplazaron por el equipo que puede incrementar los aspectos del personaje. El menú de desarrollo es sofisticado, pero se entiende con el tiempo. El salto se cambió también. Al terminar el juego se desbloquea la mayor dificultad, como siempre, donde Kratos es más débil y los enemigos cambian su patrón de ataque. En la trama, Kratos es un cuarentón que como veterano de una guerra carga con su dolor y tiene que cuidar a su hijo. Al fin ya no es solo presionar botones.

El combate es más actualizado con respecto a juegos de los últimos cinco años, lo cual me parece que es un acierto. Ahora se puede ver la barra de vida de los enemigos. El hijo de Kratos es un apoyo como muchos ya saben. Hay misiones secundarias, etc. El juego es recomendable.

In English

The game of GOD OF WAR in broad strokes is fine, they present a balanced story, although there are moments when it seems that it loses coherence. In addition, with respect to improvements in the game ranging from the player having control of the camera, the red orbs were replaced by the team that can increase the aspects of the character. The development menu is sophisticated, but it is understood over time. The jump was also changed. At the end of the game the biggest difficulty is unlocked, as always, where Kratos is weaker and the enemies change their attack pattern. In the plot, Kratos is a forty-year-old who, as a veteran of a war, carries his pain and has to take care of his son. In the end, it is no longer just pressing buttons.

The combat is more updated with respect to games of the last five years, which I think is a success. Now you can see the life bar of the enemies. The son of Kratos is a support as many already know. There are secondary missions, etc. The game is recommended.
  9. Apr 20, 2018
    New GamePlay accord to actual industry neededs. One of the best artistic graphics of this generation. Difficult with all your needs. The best game of this generation.
  10. May 2, 2018
    Well, what can i say about this beautiful game? Epic! I have been a fan of God of War franchise since its first series in PS2.. Changes in combat, gameplay mechanic + current gen graphics make it even outrageous.. This is absolutely one of the best innovation in any game franchise nowadays.. Credits to Cory Barlog & the team for bravely taking all the risks needed to bring these seriesWell, what can i say about this beautiful game? Epic! I have been a fan of God of War franchise since its first series in PS2.. Changes in combat, gameplay mechanic + current gen graphics make it even outrageous.. This is absolutely one of the best innovation in any game franchise nowadays.. Credits to Cory Barlog & the team for bravely taking all the risks needed to bring these series into a whole different level! For those who open minded to innovation in gaming, especially if you're a fan of god of war, this game is for you! But for those who are close minded and too conservative/old school, maybe this is not for you.. You have a PS4? it's a pity if you never touch this game.. In summary, this game would put a nail on the coffin for Xbox One Console, at least in current gen! No need to explain about Detroit become human, spiderman, ghost of tsushima, the last of us 2, days gone, etc.. Oh man, I love PlayStation! Expand
  11. Apr 20, 2018
    Это лучшее что я видел, и во что я играл! Тут больше и ничего не скажешь 20/10
    The BEST GAME EVER
  12. Apr 20, 2018
    This is the best god of war game ever and one the best PlayStation exclusive game
  13. Apr 20, 2018
    这是我玩儿过演出效果最屌的游戏,游戏性和剧情结合的很好,奎爷的利维坦冰霜斧就像雷神托尔的锤子一样,不过不同的是,这是在游戏中实现的效果,游戏结尾虽然结束的有些仓促,最终boss战的魄力不足,但是新的战斗系统无疑是成功的,并且这个游戏有我们熟悉的老系列的战神的很多要素,比如斯巴达冲撞等等,并且我们还会迎来一位老朋友,游戏的剧情无疑刻画的很好,虽然游戏的第一个预告片一度让我以为这只是个顽皮狗换皮游戏,但无疑圣莫妮卡做到了升华,最高的战神难度也很有挑战性,虽然是有些缺点,但作为改头换面,开辟新天地的一作,给它打9分无疑是少了,所以我决定给它10/10这是我玩儿过演出效果最屌的游戏,游戏性和剧情结合的很好,奎爷的利维坦冰霜斧就像雷神托尔的锤子一样,不过不同的是,这是在游戏中实现的效果,游戏结尾虽然结束的有些仓促,最终boss战的魄力不足,但是新的战斗系统无疑是成功的,并且这个游戏有我们熟悉的老系列的战神的很多要素,比如斯巴达冲撞等等,并且我们还会迎来一位老朋友,游戏的剧情无疑刻画的很好,虽然游戏的第一个预告片一度让我以为这只是个顽皮狗换皮游戏,但无疑圣莫妮卡做到了升华,最高的战神难度也很有挑战性,虽然是有些缺点,但作为改头换面,开辟新天地的一作,给它打9分无疑是少了,所以我决定给它10/10
  14. Apr 21, 2018
    Just played the first four hours of the game at midnight launch and need to put myself to bed because it is 435am.. The axe throwing animation might be the greatest gameplay mechanic ever placed in a game and makes the combat feel fluid and dynamic. This game is a 10/10 setting the benchmark for games of this generation. Story/Gameplay/Graphics/Music all phenomenal.
  15. Apr 20, 2018
    What should I say? Loved the other GOW Games and love this one as well. Don't understand the complains about the camera, especially when the Reviewers give the game 0 points, you are just haters, go outside and climb trees or something. The relationship to Atreus and a more calm Kratos give the game a very nice new touch and it totally fits IMO.
  16. Apr 20, 2018
    God of War is back and it is everything expected and more. In this entry the story is handled with the use of emotion and conflict, prioritising the use of expression and body language, over the use of conversation. The gameplay is the biggest change since the last games, donning a single shot camera, from a view in which we observe everything from an 'over the shoulder' view. The combatGod of War is back and it is everything expected and more. In this entry the story is handled with the use of emotion and conflict, prioritising the use of expression and body language, over the use of conversation. The gameplay is the biggest change since the last games, donning a single shot camera, from a view in which we observe everything from an 'over the shoulder' view. The combat is fluid and fun, although if you allow yourself to become surrounded, a winning battle might turn very quickly. A suprise for me on this game is its difficulty. Enemies will flank, team up, charge at you, launch projectiles, and pretty much do anything to bring down Kratos, and it is more so than ever, important to consider your approach during and before battle. The enemies in this installment are crafted incredibly well, making the use of mythological accounts and modern textures to create new abominations during your journey. The enemies feel smart, refined and ghoulish enough to make the player pay attention to every little detail on their model. The gore has been toned down from the last games, although due to the new attitude of this game it is not missed, although toned down, the violence does still exist in the heart of God of War. This is a fantastic new entry and truly is one of the better games of this generation. Expand
  17. Apr 20, 2018
    There is not much more I can say that the critic reviews don't portray. The game has everything a perfect game needs. It has a great story, great characters, great music, great graphics and visuals and most importantly of all great gameplay that innovates on the previous god of war games. The game deserves all the hype it has been getting.
  18. Apr 20, 2018
    This game might be the game of the generation. Fantastic story, awesome gameplay and lovely characters. It's simply almost perfect. Definitely a must-buy!
  19. May 1, 2018
    If u have Ps4 u will like this but if u have no Ps4 U can watch only gameplay and trailer.... lol
    Best Game Series Game : GOD OF WAR
    5 years... Fcking long time and play only 48 hours no no it's can be happen !! i want play 5 years ... it's time it enough for me :)
  20. Apr 20, 2018
    OMG This is the best game ever. Amazing graphics on my Playstation 4 Pro !. I am totally floored with the visual presentation of this game. The combat is awesome, music is awesome and story is awesome. I only plated for couple of hours or so but I already know that the reviewers are right and this game is very special. This is truly amazing PS4 exclusive ! All these 0 ratings are fromOMG This is the best game ever. Amazing graphics on my Playstation 4 Pro !. I am totally floored with the visual presentation of this game. The combat is awesome, music is awesome and story is awesome. I only plated for couple of hours or so but I already know that the reviewers are right and this game is very special. This is truly amazing PS4 exclusive ! All these 0 ratings are from Xbox owners who are jealous about PS4 amazing line up of exclusive games. Hint for you .... just get Playstation. Expand
  21. Apr 20, 2018
    This game will be in the history books. Amazing story, groundbreaking soundtrack and sound design and one hell of a combat system. This is simply the best game ive played period.
  22. Apr 20, 2018
    Is it THAT good really?

Yes, it is really THAT good.

This is the new bar by which games of the future will be measured.
  23. May 1, 2018
    Amazing game haven't played something like this in a long time. Great story, awesome fights immersive visuals and sound design. It's definitely deserves game of the year title.
  24. Apr 20, 2018
    Gods of War is a masterpiece, be it storywise or in terms of gameplay. This is a game to become a point of reference for future generations.
  25. Apr 20, 2018
    I expected the game to be great and fun to play but when I finally managed to play the actual game it went further from my expectations. Words can't describe how amazing this game is.I was never bored and had fun from the beginning till the end and i cant wait to replay this again.It truly is a masterpiece!
  26. Apr 20, 2018
    Amazing game. Thanks to everyone in Santa Monica Studio for this piece of art.
  27. Apr 20, 2018
    best game this generation so far; amazing grafics, great character development and great story plus awesome combat and puzzle solving gameplay. Simply a masterpiece
  28. May 1, 2018
    Incredible game. I don't finish much of the video games that I start, but with God of War I could simply not put down the controller. I finished the game in two days playing 10+ hours straight each day and I'm still not tired of playing the game. The graphics and details are impeccable. The story and mythology are well-written and incorporated amazingly into Kratos' continuing story. iIncredible game. I don't finish much of the video games that I start, but with God of War I could simply not put down the controller. I finished the game in two days playing 10+ hours straight each day and I'm still not tired of playing the game. The graphics and details are impeccable. The story and mythology are well-written and incorporated amazingly into Kratos' continuing story. i highly recommend playing this game! Expand
  29. Apr 20, 2018
    Absolutely stunning.Even on a regular ps4 the visual are stunning.Surely, Santa Monica studios and Naughty dog know how to push the Ps4 consoles to the absolute limit, The art direction and the visual and voice acting are godly, I liked how they change the style of this franchise.From a hack n slash game to a slow paced and story driven game. A surely Masterpiece !
  30. Apr 20, 2018
    A very strong candidate for game of the year for sure, simply a masterpiece. Story is great, Kratos as you've never seen him before combat is very creative and different from previous God of War games the more you play the more you want to continue. I was happy to go over couple of situations twice so much it was joy to play, while playing it I was constantly hoping there will be aA very strong candidate for game of the year for sure, simply a masterpiece. Story is great, Kratos as you've never seen him before combat is very creative and different from previous God of War games the more you play the more you want to continue. I was happy to go over couple of situations twice so much it was joy to play, while playing it I was constantly hoping there will be a follow-up to this. Great exploring the game different environments on a PRO it looks out of this world, surely nothing is out right now can even get close to it. Relationship between Kratos and Atreus is done brilliantly, skill management is wonderful. All other games coming out 2018 must try very very hard to top this one. If you like gaming... PLAY IT. Expand
  31. May 1, 2018
    I dont know what say....the game its good,but i really hate the new combat system.its horrible
  32. Apr 20, 2018
    شاهکاره آقا شاهکار . کریتوس کبیر برگشته تا با تبرش بزنه رو فرق سر فیل اسپنسر و مایکروفنا که دیگه فیل ترو پاور نکنن. بدون شک بازی سال خواهد شد.
  33. Apr 7, 2019
    The most overrated game ever. Repeated boring boss fight, repeated boring puzzles, even though its hack and slash but the combat is just trash. Huge world with like 2 Npc only!!! And they give the same missions!!! This game actually has ZERO creativity
  34. Jan 6, 2019
    This is a masterpiece from start to finish. The graphics are unbelievable on a PS4 Pro it's like watching a film at times. The story is also fantastic and the dialogue throughout cut scenes and in-game is superb with great acting. I love the effort that's gone into giving Midgard a rich history and lore. The combat is amazing as well and I found the semi open world approach refreshing asThis is a masterpiece from start to finish. The graphics are unbelievable on a PS4 Pro it's like watching a film at times. The story is also fantastic and the dialogue throughout cut scenes and in-game is superb with great acting. I love the effort that's gone into giving Midgard a rich history and lore. The combat is amazing as well and I found the semi open world approach refreshing as it gave me the freedom to undertake side quests but also gave the game more focus as you don't waste time travelling aimlessly - I think more games should do this. The game is so addictive I've completed it twice and got every trophy but I'm still left wanting more. I'm hoping there will be some DLC soon!! This is an absolute must buy if you have a PS4. Expand
  35. Jan 5, 2019
    Amazing game experience ever! Recommend for all who love deep and catch breath storytelling.
  36. Apr 29, 2019
    This game was THE best game i have played in a LONG time. NO micro transactions and no monotization of this game. just plays as your suppose to play it. it was so good i had to get all the trophies and i rarely do that. i wish all other publishers would follow in this games footsteps and release games that are complete and not cut up to sell as future DLC crap. Thank you Sony once againThis game was THE best game i have played in a LONG time. NO micro transactions and no monotization of this game. just plays as your suppose to play it. it was so good i had to get all the trophies and i rarely do that. i wish all other publishers would follow in this games footsteps and release games that are complete and not cut up to sell as future DLC crap. Thank you Sony once again for releasing something worthy of playing. Expand
  37. May 5, 2019
    Best game of this generation. I honestly think, that only TLOU2 could top this brilliant game!
  38. May 6, 2019
    Clearly 10/10 - God of War is one of the best PS4 exclusive games of all time. I had a lot of fun with God of War and it is also one of my favorite games. It's a masterpiece!
    All in all, there's not much to say about God of War. It's perfect. Nevertheless, I would like to go into some more detail!

Story: The story is wonderful. You get into the action very quickly. The story also starts very exciting and is also very exciting throughout the game. It's very sweet how the relationship between Kratos and his son Atreus develops over the course of the story. Because of this great story alone I can recommend God of War to everyone (even non-God of War fans)! By the way, I would also like to mention that the beard on Kratos looks very good!
    What definitely deserves a mention are the cutscenes. There has rarely been a game where the cutscenes looked so good. The cutscenes in God of War are qualitatively on a completely different level.

Gameplay: The hack and slay gameplay in God of War has been implemented outstandingly well. Dodging and attacking feels really smooth. The gameplay isn't stagnant or anything at all. With Atreus you have a little help in God of War. Atreus can shoot different kinds of arrows, which is especially useful in many boss battles. Atreus was never disturbing. You can also buy new equipment for both characters (Kratos and Atreus) in God of War. But you don't have to grind much, because the end boss is also possible with weaker armor. So God of War isn't just a grind, like you know it from some role-playing games.

Conclusion: I can really recommend God of War to anyone. Anyone who owns a PS4 should have played God of War. God of War is a true masterpiece and definitely one of the best Sony Exclusive games!
  39. May 8, 2019
    The game is a masterpiece..
    From story, graphics,combat, characters,music..
    Waiting for the sequel
  40. May 27, 2019
    From a person that truly disliked the game-play of the old God of Wars, I've to tell that this game made me change my mind about the GOW series. The graphics are awesome, the game-play is fluid and the writing is insanely good! The migration to the Nordic Mythology worked really well. Hope they keep going this way!
  41. Jun 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's just a legendary game.
    One of the greatest games in this generation.
    The soundtrack, graphics, gameplay, controls, ilumination, sound effects and the story, make this game like a truly aventure.
  42. Jun 15, 2019
    I played this game on youtube. This is the one of the best movie I've ever seen. Actually i don't understand why i need to write here about this game. Everybody know about it. I just need to gine this game 10.
  43. Jun 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kratos has change 90°,he became the father,teacher and the wise man who lead his son,the cooperating between them is amazing,and the plot twist that kratos returns to the blad of chaos was mindblowing,graphics and music are both charming;and the gameplay is new making it the best game of all time and it really deserve the title of ((game of the year 2018)) Expand
  44. Jun 24, 2019
    me encanta este nuevo kratos , el juego parece una mescla entre the las the of us con un toque nordico me encanta
  45. Jun 27, 2019
    Absolutely incredible and beautiful game!!! Everybody should try it. I finished this game 3 times and every time it was an exiting journey
    10/10 absolutely
  46. Jul 1, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a game of the year game.
    Haters who give 0 rating should play sea of thive and ignore this game.
  47. Jan 6, 2019
    God of war redefines the whole franchise of the gaming industry in a beautiful way almost impossible to achieve
  48. Jan 6, 2019
    God of war is an unic experience that defines this entire generation of games
  49. Jan 6, 2019
    THE goat is this game and it must get every single award at any event of games for now on
  50. Jan 6, 2019
    Best game ever created is not enough for a game like this god of war puts all the gaming industry to shame
  51. Jan 6, 2019
    best game of the history in general this game is my favorite of all time now
  52. Jan 6, 2019
    Santa Monica is the best studio in this greedy industry and this is the best game of the generation
  53. Jan 6, 2019
    God of war is the a book movie game all at the same time that is masterfully executed
  54. Jan 6, 2019
    GAMES LIKE THIS ONE DOESN'T COME AROUND VERY OFTEN SO EVERYONE MUST ENJOY THIS piece of art
  55. Jan 6, 2019
    AT the end of the day god of war shows everyone how to get the perfect game experience
  56. Jan 6, 2019
    This art is the perfect example of what games means for this world and GOD OF WAR takes this to the next level the game of the generation
  57. Jan 6, 2019
    God of War is the best game ever made period let's see if other games can match it
  58. Jan 6, 2019
    great games just need to be games like god of war not bad services like many other so called games
  59. Jan 6, 2019
    amazing visual godlike ost memorable characters and so much more this is the game of the generation
  60. Jan 6, 2019
    God of war won game of the year and it must win the game of the decade century and history i doubt it will be any other game like this one not even the last of us part 2 or cyberpunk 2077
  61. Jan 7, 2019
    All that I need to say - Game of the Year. They did a amazing Job with this game
  62. Jan 7, 2019
    God of war is almost as good as your favorite fame of all time and perhaps even more if you give it a shot
  63. Jan 7, 2019
    Gaming today is no longer considered a form of art as it used to be but god of war stands once again for the whole gaming industry
  64. Jan 7, 2019
    ART like this is the reason of why many love video games in such a beautiful way
  65. Apr 24, 2019
    One of the best video games in the history of the industry.
    Great story, game-play, graphics, character.
    An almost perfect package.
    Thank you Cory Barlog, Sony Interactive Entertainment, and the whole team behind this magnificent piece of art.
  66. Apr 26, 2019
    God of War, o jogo mais aguardado de 2018, chega de forma triunfal e coloca novamente a franquia no topo das atenções. Os receios em relação às mudanças se extinguem nas primeiras horas, mostrando como se mescla elementos que consagraram a franquia com inovações que caíram como uma luva. O jogo encanta tanto pela mecânica lendária, como pelos gráficos extraordinários. Kratos retorna aoGod of War, o jogo mais aguardado de 2018, chega de forma triunfal e coloca novamente a franquia no topo das atenções. Os receios em relação às mudanças se extinguem nas primeiras horas, mostrando como se mescla elementos que consagraram a franquia com inovações que caíram como uma luva. O jogo encanta tanto pela mecânica lendária, como pelos gráficos extraordinários. Kratos retorna ao trono com um título obrigatório para seus fãs. Expand
  67. Apr 26, 2019
    The best game of all. In the game, everything became better... The plot is chic, the gameplay is gorgeous. The music is gorgeous. The script is gorgeous. Everything in the game is gorgeous.
  68. Apr 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El mejor juego que jugué hasta ahora, me encanto la acción frenética las masacres de enemigos es genial la como siempre todo comienzo de God of War es impactante de lo mejor en lo narrativo quiero más juegos así y en especial de la zaga no te decepciona a cala lugar que vas hay algo interesante belleza de juego el plano secuencia es lo más increíble por la inmersión, la dificultad máxima te da la mayor experiencia, desatas el infierno conforme vas avanzando en la aventura

El juego se lleva cabo en el periodo de premigración germánica cuando, según la mitología escandinava, los dioses aún caminaban en la Tierra. Si te gusta la mitología nórdica y conoces su historia, te aseguro que disfrutarás la experiencia más que el resto, pues te cuenta de dioses, sus historias, peleas familiares y traiciones y chismes divinos. En esta reseña trataré de no spoilear puntos importantes de la trama del juego, pues es uno de sus mejores aspectos y es muy fácil arruinarla porque desde el inicio se revelan cosas que el jugador debe descubrir por sí mismo. Lo que sí diré es que el argumento está sorprendentemente bien contado y tiene momentos realmente emotivos que la convierten en una de las mejores formas de contar una historia en un videojuego, ah y un final que nos dejará desarrollando teorías cierto tiempo.

La trama no sólo se desarrolla a través de cortes cinemáticos, sino que la relación entre Kratos y Atreus se forma durante caminatas, peleas y viajes en bote. Es muy interesante ver la interacción entre personalidades tan dispares con diálogos tan bien escritos y actuados. Las animaciones faciales y corporales son simplemente extraordinarios y la actuación de voz (en inglés; no lo jugué en español) es impecable. La voz de Kratos (Christopher Judge) es uno de los mejores castings de voz de los últimos tiempos, Atreus (Sunny Suljic) lo hace excelente y la interacción entre ambos es muy creíble y bien hecha.

Uno de los logros más grandes de God of War es que desde el primer cuadro hasta el último, todo se lleva a cabo en plano secuencia, lo que significa que no hay cortes en ninguna parte, incluyendo batallas y todos los demás aspectos de gameplay. En papel, esto parece una simple técnica artística, pero en la práctica hace que la experiencia sea más inmersiva y añade un sentimiento de presencia que no sólo resulta muy agradable, sino que ayuda a establecer el ritmo del juego.

el combate se veía diferente respecto a las entregas anteriores. Esto es verdad sólo al principio, porque empieza con un ritmo pausado para que elijas a cada uno de tus contrincantes y decidas en qué dirección lanzar los golpes. Conforme avanzas, el sistema de batalla es cada vez más suelto y en un punto te darás cuenta de que estás jugando un God of War hecho y derecho, lleno de acción visceral y de que lo único que cambió fue el posicionamiento de la cámara. Esto no significa que una vez avanzado el juego solo luches de esta manera, sino que deberás adaptarte a cada enemigo o grupo de enemigos y, cada vez, tendrás que elegir si te conviene pelear de una forma más pausada o si lo conveniente es desatar el infierno por todos lados. En el combate pausado tendrás que aprender patrones de los oponentes para poder esquivarlos y atacar, y, aunque no llega a ser tan estratégico como un Dark Souls (lo siento, la comparación es inevitable), es más suelto y “divertido”. Por su parte, el modo de combate lleno de acción tiene la brutalidad que conoces de un God of War, con ejecuciones sangrientas y diferentes para cada enemigo y, aunque son geniales, después de combatir hordas de las mismas criaturas tienden a tornarse repetitivas.

Desde su anuncio fue claro que God of War sería un nuevo comienzo para la serie: el dios de la guerra dejó atrás la mitología griega (porque la exterminó) para dejarse la barba, mudarse, poner su casa en medio de los bosques de la mitología nórdica y empezar una familia. Todos estos cambios no significan que el juego haya olvidado su esencia, pues a pesar de todo, tiene lo suficiente para sentirse familiar. El combate visceral y violento, los personajes carismáticos y un elevadísimo valor de producción están presentes y, en algunas áreas, mejores que nunca.

En esta nueva entrega Kratos es acompañado por su hijo Atreus, a quien deberá enseñar a sobrevivir en los 9 mundos viva
  69. Apr 26, 2019
    Thanks Cory Barlog for this wonderful master piece!!! Its look like movie and It should be do a movie
  70. Apr 26, 2019
    Best Game ever! Playing it the second time and it is so good like the first playtrough.!
  71. Apr 27, 2019
    This is a very cool game with good graphics. The plot makes and rejoice, and smile, and get angry, and sad. Separately, I would like to mention music. She is magical and beautiful. Boss fights are very epic. Must-play game
  72. Apr 27, 2019
    Never played or knew anything about the previous God of War titles. This game introduced me and now has got me invested into the God of War series. Amazing graphics, amazing story, amazing game play, and amazing lore. A must play for everyone. I am now a God of War fan.
  73. Apr 29, 2019
    O novo God of War do PlayStation 4 é sem dúvidas um dos melhores games de todos os tempos! Tudo nele é perfeito: a jogabilidade, gráficos, história, personagens e etc. É incrível pensar como Cory conseguiu reinventar a franquia de uma maneira que melhorasse ainda mais o que já era perfeito. 2018 já valeu por este jogo.
  74. Apr 30, 2019
    This game, from the visuals, to the soundtrack, to the story, it's amazing. It's a big step in singleplayer games on the industry. I really can't find somenthing bad about this game, maybe the repetition of bosses, because they are kinda similar, even though they are great, and some bosses in this game are epic. The story is amazing, puzzles, gameplay mechanics are great and addictive.This game, from the visuals, to the soundtrack, to the story, it's amazing. It's a big step in singleplayer games on the industry. I really can't find somenthing bad about this game, maybe the repetition of bosses, because they are kinda similar, even though they are great, and some bosses in this game are epic. The story is amazing, puzzles, gameplay mechanics are great and addictive. Beautiful game, and i'm glad that this game is goty, it really deserved it. Also, i don't know which one i prefer, God of War 2 or God of War 2018. Both are my favorites from this franchise, which by the way, i'm a huge fan. You don't need to be a fan to love this game though. But if you are fan, some parts of this game will make you very happy. Expand
  75. May 18, 2019
    Очень крутая игра! Не любил серию GOW, но это часть прям зашла! Сюжет держит до конца.
  76. May 24, 2019
    The best exclusive on the PlayStation 4 and possibly the best game of this generation. Masterpiece in story gameplay and visuals.
  77. May 26, 2019
    Probably the best in the whole genertion and of course one of the best in history with its superb combat deep story and high graphics it will take you to a new world that you havent seen ever before
  78. May 27, 2019
    Amazing best god of war ever.game of the year.gameplay story music 100%
    Can wait for the next one
  79. May 28, 2019
    I played RDR2 before GoW and was confused why GoW is game of the year. But recently I finally beat last Valkyrie after main plot of course and realized that probably new God of War is game of the generation. Awesome graphics, physics, interesting story, not trivial side-quests, cool end game activities(I played about 20h after beating main plot. And 20h is a timeline for a quite goodI played RDR2 before GoW and was confused why GoW is game of the year. But recently I finally beat last Valkyrie after main plot of course and realized that probably new God of War is game of the generation. Awesome graphics, physics, interesting story, not trivial side-quests, cool end game activities(I played about 20h after beating main plot. And 20h is a timeline for a quite good single player game). So must play for all! Expand
  80. May 30, 2019
    Perfect Story,Suber gameplay. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  81. May 30, 2019
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!!
    A special approach from developers has led this game to market leadership
    KEEP IT UP SANTA MONICA STUDIO
  82. May 30, 2019
    I buyed this game because a friend told me to do IT...im bot regret IT!
    The most impresive God of war in The serie!
  83. May 31, 2019
    This game is truly the best game the PS4 has to offer. If you haven't already played this, you are truly missing out. A great story with phenomenal characters. 10/10
  84. May 31, 2019
    Just a beautiful game. The new combat system works compeletly well for those who doubted that and it feel so much more satisfying and NO the axe isn't the only weapon you get in the game. Wonderful story with plot twist that can hit you like a train centering on the relationship between kratos and his son atreus and the evolution of kratos as he becomes a good parent struggling to forget his past
  85. Jun 1, 2019
    Story: 9.5, Gameplay: 10, Graphics: 10. Easily one of the best video game i have ever played
  86. Jun 2, 2019
    one word..................................................................
    Wow!
  87. Jun 5, 2019
    My favorite game of all time! Everything done in this reboot is perfection and it is a masterpiece personified!
  88. Jun 6, 2019
    This was a total experience like as good as the best movie Hollywood can make, and the best gameplay in a long time.
  89. Jun 11, 2019
    The best game that i've ever played this far. Non repetitive mission. Hardly i played a game like this !
  90. Jun 11, 2019
    One of the best video games I've had the fortune to play, just a **** masterpiece
  91. Jun 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo incrível, mundo aberto à exploração, gráficos maravilhosos, história fodastica, pois mistura mitologia nórdica com grega, jogabilidade perfeita etc etc etc Expand
  92. Jun 19, 2019
    An epic story driven game that is a masterclass in making linear game-play feel more open. The graphics are nothing short of stunning especially with the PS4 Pro enhancements. The father, son relationship that runs through the game kept me gripped until the end. It is really satisfying dealing blows with your axe as Kratos while your son jumps around raining arrows down on enemies from theAn epic story driven game that is a masterclass in making linear game-play feel more open. The graphics are nothing short of stunning especially with the PS4 Pro enhancements. The father, son relationship that runs through the game kept me gripped until the end. It is really satisfying dealing blows with your axe as Kratos while your son jumps around raining arrows down on enemies from the sidelines. The game is a worthy addition to a truly amazing series. If you like God of War and story driven games this is for you. Expand
  93. Jun 20, 2019
    Exciting spectacular fascinating journey,passing which felt a certain relief and satisfaction.Thank you for the Titanic work in creating this game,from me 10 points.With Russia with love.
  94. Jun 20, 2019
    Must have in ps4 collection . Its best game with reason . This is my 6th full walktrough of game in 1 year, so yea its that good. Reminds me to ocarina of time masterpeace in build and value of game. Perfection
  95. Jun 22, 2019
    Hikayesi ile, çekim tekniği ile, savaş mekanikleri ile gelmiş geçmiş oynadığım en iyi oyunlardan kesinliklikle. Cory Barlog'un seri için geri dönmesi gerçekten çok iyi olmuş. Seri şâhâ kalktı, ve 2.oyunu ile gümbür gümbür geliyor.
  96. Jul 7, 2019
    This is an amazing game. For veterans of the series, this is a breath of fresh air. For newcomers, this is a great entry to the series. This does a great job to inform newcomers of Kratos' past by giving you enough of his backstory. However, veterans will better understand Kratos' struggle to keep his son safe.

The combat in the game is great, the visuals are stunning and the characters

The combat in the game is great, the visuals are stunning and the characters are interesting. This is a must play if you own a PS4.
  97. Jul 7, 2019
    The game differed our roots from what was the story became the most simple story about the father of his son, the Hebin in the journey of the game seems beautiful, but the sense of repetition Bosse weak but excellent sides as a recommended in the game, do not rush and describe reviews and take the right decision
  98. Jul 9, 2019
    Best of its kind. Long story. Best graphics. Balanced gameplay. Flipped everyone in his head.
  99. Jun 26, 2020
    Hands down one of the best God of War in the series. From an intriguing storyline to jaw dropping set pieces and perfect combat controls, this reboot is a perfect example of how a reboot should be done.
  100. Jan 3, 2019
    This was the most complete gaming experience I have had in years, where game-play, story, music, sound, art all worked completely flawlessly and felt like one amazing piece of art & entertainment It is challenging, emotionally moving, easy to pick up and hard to put down.

Universal acclaim - based on 118 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    The return of the furious Spartan warrior was made well. God of War is already a great contender for game of the year and you shouldn't miss it. [Issue#285]
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 6, 2018
    Cory Barlog and his team achieved what many thought impossible – despite having changed almost everything Santa Monica managed to preserve that elusive spark that makes God of War game feel like a God of War game. They created one of the defining titles of the current generation and a technical marvel whose stunning beauty in motion words cannot describe. And there’s one more thing. Barlog’s touching reaction to his masterpiece’s scores shows that even in the world of huge budgets, micropayments, loot boxes and sales forecasts there still is a place for artists who pour their hearts into their work. We need someone to remind us of that once in a while. [06/2018, p.38]
  3. Jun 7, 2018
    Where most games excel in one single area, God of War manages to deliver on every front, providing players with one of the best experiences we’ve seen so far this generation.