8.4

1. Nov 19, 2014
    GTA V was arguably one of the most anticipated and best games of the last generation and it's re-release on the PS4 is highly welcomed but I wouldn't say it's an absolutely essential purchase for everyone, even those who particularly enjoyed it on the PS3.

Firstly; the game looks absolutely astonishing on the current gen with improved textures, additional effects and greater draw distances. The city looks and feels simply incredible and with a greater number of cars and people; it really adds to the atmosphere. There is also a new first-person mode which adds an entirely new dimension to the gameplay and is implemented very well although it wont appeal to everyone as GTA is easier and preferred in 3rd person for many players. These factors however do not warrant an immediate purchase. The game is pretty much the same as before and some may feel GTA V belongs as a memory of the last gen and a fitting finale of what was once possible. No doubt the step up is jaw-dropping in places but this doesn't enhance the story or its missions in any which way.

Committed players may opt to hop onto the multiplayer immediately where they left off but I find this aspect rather shallow. Rockstar will certainly add new and free content down the line but unless you are completely dedicated and enthused by this; you'd probably want to overlook the game for something else especially if you don't have the desire to experience the story again.

Overall; GTA V is still one of the best and most memorable games ever made. Die-hard fans who are still engaged with interest in the MP aspect should certainly purchase but others who aren't so excited should happily look to the future. The game looks staggering but this doesn't constitute to a must-buy even in today's graphics-emphasised era. This game costs full price and even more than the original did on release day. Many won't feel value for money in the product despite the games representing a very generous price for what is on offer. I think gamers will feel a bit burnt out after the time they spent on the game previous and unless you're as excited for the game as you were just over a year ago; you could probably happily avoid this and look at other fantastic titles out now and on the horizon. This however doesn't take away anything that Rockstar have achieved with the game in its time and regardless; GTA V on the PS4 is still a wonderful achievement in gaming that deserves another release.
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    Small things are important. GTA V has a lot of fine details graphics good, pop response good also best gaming experience. If you have PlayStation 4 you must have this classic!
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    PS4 VERSION:

PS4 VERSION:

Upon first impressions, I thought technically it's quite impressive that GTA5 runs reasonably well on PS4; however, not being able to maintain 30fps is a bit of a joke in this day and age. Yes, the map is large and there's stuff going on all around you, but when driving down a road and witnessing 22-23fps (which makes it's virtually impossible to drive well at speed) it's not impressive, it's actually irritating. The PS4 (and XB1) simply cannot achieve a solid 1080p/30fps with GTA5. Rockstar clearly had to make the game 1080p, otherwise it probably wouldn't have looked a significant amount better than the PS360 version.

It's no surprise to me that the latest generation of consoles can't manage 1080p/60fps in the bigger games, but if they can't run a game at a solid 30fps, then turn down effects; remove details; dial down draw distance; whatever, to maintain a SOLID 30fps. It'll still look better than the previous version and a SOLID 30fps (as exhibited perfectly by Forza Horizon 2) plays well enough.

So, if dipping frame rates bother you, driving anywhere slightly busy on the PS4 version of GTA5 will be an irritating experience.

Apart from that it's typical GTA fare. However, GTA5, to me, feels like the fun and interested stuff in GTA3/4 (you know, the things you could spend time on when not wanting to play the main story) have been stripped out and replaced with nothing. Maybe I've simply had my fill of GTA games (I'm 39 and been playing computer games for 30 years) and the childish repetition has finally smacked me in the face. I don't honestly know.

Whatever the issue, I find the game boring. Same old, same old. Nothing new here. Maybe the online gamers will find more pleasure from it.

As a newcomer, GTA5 is probably an amazing experience. I find it an average timewaster.
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    This is not merely a port , many new things have been added into the game , still filled with believe-able and powerful characters and a magical vibe found in Rockstar's masterpiece improved and remastered.
  5. Nov 18, 2014
    First of all, if this were the release of last year for the PC I would say applause and rate it 7. As this is the re-release and R* decided to take the $ milking route there is no reason to up-rate this game. When before did a company managed to sell a game 3 times in different resolutions which obviously existed from day one? I cannot remember.
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot grasp the uber-valued scores of all the so-called professionals.
    The graphics are good but don't make GTA V a new game. The first person view is quite nice feature which they adopted from the modding community. Still the game lacks the fantastic ideas of the series.

Most annoying are the very few assets one can enter. So one gets the feeling being excluded from the game and restricted to the role of the audience.
    Los Santos is very small compared to it's predecessor. And the streets are limited by heaps of signs and barriers. While driving one gets the sensation of staying in a cage, like in a hamster wheel.
    Unfortunately there is only this one small city and some negligible estates. The whole map is encircled within less than a quarter of an hour. The countryside doesn't offer much.
    So all in all GTA V lacks the possibility to merge with the game. There is no way to develop your character.
    These 3 shallow guys have nothing like-able, the family of Michael is disgusting, Franklin boring, Trevor a psychopath.
    There are no restaurants like before, no gyms, no girlfriends, nearly no secrets to discover. Golf and Yoga is a bad joke. To value a game just by it's graphics would be too narrowly considered. The Grand Theft Auto series was already unbeatable though the graphics were low.
    Hopefully GTA VI will re-introduce a lot of walkable assets and the role play elements of the predecessors. Maybe a future DLC can give back GTA V some of the old spirit which made the series world-celebrated. The actual release should be called: GTA V - Remastered
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    Im sorry but i cant get over how bad the controls are, the car and gun controls are just sooo bad it makes the game unplayable for me.in fact ive sold it already, the controls have always been bad, dont they know this????
    Also when driving there is a blur effect close up and this makes me feel sick, silly mistakes have ruined for me what may have been a good game
  7. Nov 18, 2014
    Over the months, many exciting features for new-gen such as more animals, denser traffic, increased draw distances, and DLC cars spawning regularly are not online, even though it was never stated that these features would only be on single player. I am really upset with you guys and if these features are not added soon, this will definitely be the last time that I will buy any of your products.
  8. Mar 16, 2017
    Great story. Deep and interesting characters. Online will keep you playing for hours and ALL DLC IS 100% FREE. Rockstar does it right. One of the greatest games of all time.
  9. Sep 24, 2020
    -Good characters
    -Amazing and complex storyline
    -Unique main story missions
  10. Jul 13, 2020
    Grand Theft Auto V will go down in history as one of the most influential games ever created. It sold over 120 million copies around the globe and was one of the most anticipated games of all time. I can't deny the big audience it has attracted and the pop culture effect it has had. Although it has had a huge impact on everyone's lives, in my personal opinion this game has flaws that standGrand Theft Auto V will go down in history as one of the most influential games ever created. It sold over 120 million copies around the globe and was one of the most anticipated games of all time. I can't deny the big audience it has attracted and the pop culture effect it has had. Although it has had a huge impact on everyone's lives, in my personal opinion this game has flaws that stand out compared to the other Grand Theft Auto installments.

First I will start off with the single-player, no spoilers included. I have to admit, in my opinion, Grand Theft Auto V's story is the worst compared to San Andreas, Vice City, GTA III, and GTA IV. That doesn't mean it's a bad story, it's rockstar we're talking about again. I have to say when they said they were gonna have three main characters I was kinda shocked back in 2012 hearing about it but I have to say I think it paid off. All the characters have their own personality and something that makes them unique in the world of San Andreas. The story seems super bland on paper, but it's rockstar we're talking about again. They can make a bland story into one of the best works of art. The story, in my opinion, stands up and is a pretty good arch that occurs between each one of them. along with great side characters. All in all, the story is a 9.2/10 for me. Then comes the open world, I have to admit the world looks beautiful and amazing. I almost remember every street from the number of times I've played the game! The real problem with this world is it's super bland compared to the other Grand Theft Auto's. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me here but I fully believe this. In Grand Theft Auto IV there were a lot of hidden things in that world that you can explore and interact with. There were more buildings that were accessible in that game which I wished Grand Theft Auto V had inside the game. The same thing can be said about the Original San Andreas and even Vice City. Another thing I wasn't a fan of was the amount of physics from Grand Theft Auto IV that was removed in making this game. The best video example I have for this is "GTA IV is better than GTA V" on YouTube. Great Video! Graphics and music are fantastic in the game and stand out. So, all in all, I would give the single-player a 8/10, for the lack of innovation that and things removed from the last predecessor that was kind of disappointing to me in my opinion. Like I said other people can have a totally different opinion than me.

Now onto the Online mode, back when this was released in 2013 I was super excited playing it and experiencing it with an excited community that was more of a mature audience. Then as they added more and more content, I had a lot more fun. I had met a lot of people from the online portion of GTA V and changed my life meeting these people. Then the downfall happened, microtransactions were in the game back in 2014 but it wasn't as bad because you can grind easy and get what you want. But as they added more and more expensive content it started to become a problem for casual players like me to earn those objects that are in the game. Then all of a sudden they drop a bomb releasing all these futuristic things in the game. First of all, the Grand Theft Auto was one of the most realistic games and when you add futuristic things in the game it doesn't sit right unless you're a 9-year-old. As the game added these things, it was harder to earn money to earn these things, it was hard to survive lobbies, made the game boring, depended too much on microtransactions, and eventually pushed away from the audience of diehard Rockstar fans and older audiences who noticed it became every 6 years old's dream game. Now the audience is kids who might actually be younger than when the game came out! It sounds crazy to thinks about. So all in all, I believe the beginning phase of online would be 8.5/10 format he amount of fun I had but over time they killed it so I have to give a 3/10 to the current state it's in.

GTA V has had a huge impact in my life and I'm so happy it exists. It's a great game for it's single-player but I believe the online mod has fallen into a state that it makes hardcore Rockstar fans hate. So my final score is 6/10. I feel like Rockstar Games should stop milking this game and move onto newer projects. I understand this game makes them a lot of money but with their talent, they should be fresh and improve. I understand Red Dead Redemption 2 came out 2 years ago but look how Rockstar treated that game, disrespect. it's time the gamers move onto something else.
  11. May 11, 2017
    The story mode of game is extremely fantastic.The world of game can't explore it at all.The characters was very good.The bad side of the game is the multiplayer mode,the community has kids under 10 years old,Animations are worst,there are too many of hackers in PC and Last Console.If the game was singleplayer only games it will be the best open world game i have ever played
  12. Jun 27, 2015
    Great game, hard to fault the single player but GTA Online leaves a lot to be desired, my score is based purely on the single player element.

As GTAO is constantly evolving and being patched with new content on a regular basis, it is difficult to score the Online portion.
  13. Nov 26, 2014
    the graphs :6 , story: 10 characters : 9 , in overall: 8 , it is good to play GTA in PS4 ... but if you had already finished the game in ps3 , it doesnt worth to rebuy the game for ps4..
  14. Dec 2, 2014
    GTA V was already awesome on the PS3. It's even more awesome on the PS4.

GTA V was already awesome on the PS3. It's even more awesome on the PS4.

The improved resolution and the addition of first person view make exploring the map a whole new experience. For the rest it's basically the same game, with all DLC that's been released up until now included and a couple more side missions. But even after playing the PS3 version, it's well worth playing through again. If you haven't played the last gen version yet, then this game is an absolute no-brainer.

GTA online can handle 30 people on the same map now as opposed to 16 last gen. The still ongoing connection issues however can spoil the fun.

+ First Person immersion
    + Graphics: For a world as detailed as this, it looks absolutely stunning on next gen...
    + Fun factor

- Not a lot of additional content for folks who have played the last gen (although it's nice to have at least something additional)
    - GTA Online connectivity issues
    - Expected more of the damage model on next gen. Not much has changed.
    - Loading times
  15. Jul 27, 2015
    First off, my review may be a bit biased on the graphics side, because i've been playing on a crappy 2006 computer and setting everything to low graphic settings half my life, and the other half was an even worse computer. XD

With that gotten out of the way, this is one of the best looking games I've ever played. Considering the size of the game and everything in it, I can forgive the rare blurriness or pop-in. The game is a third (or first if you're NOT like me XD) person shooter with TONS of things to do. Activities include murdering people and fighting the police, skydiving, flying helicopters, stealing cars (it's in the freakin' title of the game!), racing, ATTEMPTING to break into Fort Zancudo and steal a tank, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. The story mode has plenty of missions to keep you occupied, accomplishing tons of different tasks to get you through the stories of three different characters. Franklin, a street hustler who says the N-word way too much (I know you're black and it's a bit more acceptable, but come on man!), Michael, a retired criminal thrown back into his job, and Trevor, who is... Trevor.
    The controls are a little strange at first, but you should get the hang of them really quickly.
    I'm too lazy to write anything else. :P
    Tldr, 69/10 it has strip clubs
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    This play was very well prepared by the time of his creation , so not only the game as the company deserve note 10.
    Esse joga foi muito bem elaborado pela época de criação dele, por isso não so o jogo como a empresa merecem nota 10.
  17. Sep 1, 2015
    This is hands down the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Graphics and gameplay is incredible and addicting. Not a single detail gets overlooked by Rockstar. It is the most realistic game to date and will go down in history
  18. Apr 13, 2017
    It's a big improvement over GTA IV in many aspects, graphics, scope, depth, shooting mechanics, driving.. etc. The only problem is, the story is so over the place, and the characters so unlikable, that I find myself preferring GTA IV (and its followup Story DLCs) over it. If you already had this game on PC, PS3 or XBox360, don't buy it again. The first person mode is clunky and not worthIt's a big improvement over GTA IV in many aspects, graphics, scope, depth, shooting mechanics, driving.. etc. The only problem is, the story is so over the place, and the characters so unlikable, that I find myself preferring GTA IV (and its followup Story DLCs) over it. If you already had this game on PC, PS3 or XBox360, don't buy it again. The first person mode is clunky and not worth the price of re-admission. Expand
  19. Mar 20, 2017
    The best game on PS4 by far! A few improvements on the PS3 version: the jobtriggers spread around the map can't be triggered by accident anymore.

Also online this game is very fun to play, though other players can still ruin the fun by being a prick. And jobs made by users in the job creator are sometimes overlooked, they can be pretty fun to play! Rockstar should improve on the job

Rockstar should improve on the job creator instead of ignoring the flaws. For instance you still can't use parachutes in races in GTA mode! And if you lock a race to one specific car players can still use other customized cars.

Also there are still no wild animals in online mode, why are there no deers and mountain lions to hunt? And why can't our character hang on ledges anymore, like he used to do in previous GTA games?

Still GTA V is a great game with an eye for the small details: footprints in wet sand, car ventilators work after the motor gets overheated etc. And there are plenty of updates which bring new cars and game modes to keep us going untill the next GTA game will come out!
  20. Nov 3, 2017
    One of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever? No it isn't. This game is so overrated. This is the most disappointing Grand Theft Auto ever and people say Grand Theft Auto 4 was a huge disappointment. The critics and fans were lying. I love Grand Theft Auto 4 to bits.

There are many things that are sublime about the game such as the fantastic graphics and sound, improving on many mechanics and technical aspects over the previous Grand Theft Auto, the various somewhat enjoyable activities and its culturally relevant satire.

Where it all falls down was the story, soundtrack and gameplay. This game has the most uninteresting main characters out of all the Grand Theft Auto series. This is NOT a joke. I didn't like Michael, Franklin and Trevor at all.

The gameplay and story was THE MOST boring out of all the beloved series. A massive emphasis on exploring the whole of Los Santos to uncover activities and buildings made the game boring. The stats system shouldn't have been brought back.

The soundtrack is awful apart from Non-Stop Pop and Los Santos Rock Radio.

Rockstar changed WAY too much of what the series was beloved and innovative for. The online was unbalanced as hell and modding makes the online mode so worthless. So many updates and new modes nearly every few months. The use of microtransactions wasn't needed at all as Grand Theft Auto 4 had massive multiplayer options and can use your money from Offline Mode.

If you are a huge fan of the GTA franchise like I am, skip it and play something else.
  21. Nov 30, 2014
    No bad game but what really bugs me is that it is so overrated from critics. Probably the most overrated game series of all time. For it´s great living Open World with a big variety of activities and things to do it deserves a good score but for all it´s repetitiveness and gameplay imperfection it doesn´t deserve such a great score it gets. It doesn´t bring the gaming genre forward as itNo bad game but what really bugs me is that it is so overrated from critics. Probably the most overrated game series of all time. For it´s great living Open World with a big variety of activities and things to do it deserves a good score but for all it´s repetitiveness and gameplay imperfection it doesn´t deserve such a great score it gets. It doesn´t bring the gaming genre forward as it is just a very good big update to previous GTA Games. I also think it was a shame last year as this game had a higher metascore than The Last Of Us as that Game really revolutionized storytelling in gaming. This year it is the same again and i played both games again and GTA just feels a lot more repetitive and aged where i had still almost the same amount of fun with TLOU as last year. It is a good thing that metacritic has a user score but it is bad that it doesn´t get as much attention as the Metascore from critics. I think there should be a Meta-metascore where both are brought together because then we would finally see the real winner of 2013... Expand
  22. Apr 18, 2015
    I played gta5 on ps3 and xbox360, but I have to say that the ps4 version is a great relaunch in every sense of the word.

Graphics:Very nice,the textures,details everything is top notch,and crisp. Sound:great sound track and sound effects,weapons, vehicles,all is great. Controls:are tight and responsive, a few hick ups here and there but still great. Overall: Great game.

Graphics:Very nice,the textures,details everything is top notch,and crisp.

Sound:great sound track and sound effects,weapons, vehicles,all is great.

Overall: Great game.

there are a few problems here and there but none game breaking or worth noting at this point.
  23. Feb 25, 2015
    The perfect game - Infinitely large and an amazing online world that just keeps on giving and giving. - I only wish they could have kept some of the previous mini games available for previous GTAs. Vigilante Mode, Ambulance Mode, Fire Fighter Mode, CUB3D. Still, fantastic!
  24. Aug 1, 2015
    One of the highest scores is not a shock for me... What is though, is that Rockstar outdo themselves with every new GTA! It is out of this world what they have done in this game... This is like a Matrix you want to live in! Everything brings so much joy: bike riding, shooting, driving, flying, swimming etc. The story, as always is superb, packed with unique incredibly funny humour youOne of the highest scores is not a shock for me... What is though, is that Rockstar outdo themselves with every new GTA! It is out of this world what they have done in this game... This is like a Matrix you want to live in! Everything brings so much joy: bike riding, shooting, driving, flying, swimming etc. The story, as always is superb, packed with unique incredibly funny humour you can't get enough of. Actually, it is kind of scary, because you never want to leave the GTA 5 world. I just can't imagine what they can do better, to top this one... Congratulation R* once again! Expand
  25. Apr 6, 2015
    Gta 5 is a good game but it is extremely overrated. The fact this game is getting perfect scores is ridiculous. The story and characters are great but the gameplay is clunky. The graphics are decent but nothing special. The 3rd person shooting is mediocre at best.
  26. Jul 9, 2015
    The short end of the stick is actually quite large with this one. Story-wise, it reflects back on the classic criminal gangs all the while bringing in a new flare that is the corrupt city of Los Santos and the wild characters that live there. Each character doesn't have much to lose, but why not rake in some cash to make death defying crimes seem so worth it? Grand Theft Auto V is nothingThe short end of the stick is actually quite large with this one. Story-wise, it reflects back on the classic criminal gangs all the while bringing in a new flare that is the corrupt city of Los Santos and the wild characters that live there. Each character doesn't have much to lose, but why not rake in some cash to make death defying crimes seem so worth it? Grand Theft Auto V is nothing short of brilliant. The classic signs of stardom in Los Santos, the likable and realism of the characters and the many hidden secrets behind this twisted city of poor decisions have made this one a winner. Rockstar does it again. The same basic concept of a 3rd person shooter and driving with twists of filthy humor but lighthearted (to an extent) content mixed in with conspiracy theories will make any gamer cringe and shake with pleasure. An amazing game doesn't come without its great artistic integrity. What makes this game seem even more worthwhile than the heinous crimes is its ability to keep gamers pulled in with its great scenery and color of the background which makes the little details stand out. Little details have never seemed to matter more until you have played this game. Besides the fact that this game does have a few errors with very minor glitches, it is never the less one of the best games to ever be thought of, created, produced and played in the common era. Expand
  27. Feb 10, 2015
    The production values, story, characters, and the ability to get an accurate pulse on pop culture have always been what the GTAs have had going for them, yet I could never get into them due to terrible and boring mission structure and sub par gameplay. When this one came out with a new first person mode combined with a more forgiving checkpoint system I thought it might finally be time toThe production values, story, characters, and the ability to get an accurate pulse on pop culture have always been what the GTAs have had going for them, yet I could never get into them due to terrible and boring mission structure and sub par gameplay. When this one came out with a new first person mode combined with a more forgiving checkpoint system I thought it might finally be time to hop on board. Well, for a while it was enough. It had never been better. Sadly though,the one-two punch of boring-as-f*ck and touchy missions and a lack of anything to do other than those boring missions (unless you want to play a sh*tty tennis game or something) eventually brought my time with it to an end. Even with the improvements, the biggest glaring issue is even more glaring- it's just not fun at all to play Expand
  28. Feb 2, 2015
    This is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with newThis is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with new multi-character system but too short for me. Shooter mechanics is okay and challenging if you turn off auto aim. (but don't expect RDR or GTA 4 mechanics) Game world is huge. But after 3 hours of gameplay it feels lifeless. Game map has no role on game progression. All parts of map are accessible. Almost all vehicles are presented from beginning of the game. And there is no more "i'll unlock other side of the map" motivation. Last and disappointing part of the game is driving mechanics. I think Rockstar tried to grab NFS and Midnight Club players with new car physics but i am out their scope. This game has too many casual design elements when compared to old GTA games. Non of these elements bothered me except driving. Driving the fastest car of the game nearly feels same as driving the slowest one (steering experience). If you're not obsessed with old game mechanics like I am, i guarantee you'll enjoy with this high quality experience. Expand
  29. Jun 4, 2015
    My second purchse of this epic crime masterpiece. What else can I say that hasn't already been said. How can you improve on perfection? You can't this game is flawlessly executed on every level. All the enhancements are immediately noticeable from the get go and the additional addons, collectables etc are add to the experience. The transferablility of your online progress worksMy second purchse of this epic crime masterpiece. What else can I say that hasn't already been said. How can you improve on perfection? You can't this game is flawlessly executed on every level. All the enhancements are immediately noticeable from the get go and the additional addons, collectables etc are add to the experience. The transferablility of your online progress works without a hitch. I've 100%'d this game twice now and no I'm going to play through the story a couple more times. Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2014
    A very solid game, the first person is a great addition and adds more fun to the game, also having the ability to play as an animal is great, my problem is that first person can be wonky when running, but it's still good
  31. Feb 22, 2015
    GTA V on the Playstation 4 has got more features and superior graphics. Fantastic looks and plays.
    First-person mode transmits new sensations and it's really great. Masterpiece.
  32. Apr 16, 2015
    I'm not really sure where to begin with a game like Grand Theft Auto 5. To say it's a masterpiece is an understatement, if anything. The story is incredibly well written, the game looks absolutely amazing, and it plays like a dream. The world is incredibly open and immersive, with so many things to do, see, and experience, and it easily makes this one of the best games I think I have everI'm not really sure where to begin with a game like Grand Theft Auto 5. To say it's a masterpiece is an understatement, if anything. The story is incredibly well written, the game looks absolutely amazing, and it plays like a dream. The world is incredibly open and immersive, with so many things to do, see, and experience, and it easily makes this one of the best games I think I have ever played.

I'd say that the biggest component of this game would easily be the single player story mode. Unlike other Grand Theft Auto games, where you would play a single character throughout the game mode, Grand Theft Auto V differs in the fact that you're able to play one of 3 different characters (An upper class ex-con by the name of Michael, a gang member living in the slums of Los Santos going by the name of Franklin, and a drug and gun runner by the name of Trevor) and you get to play through the story of how they killed a lot of people, made a lot of money, and made a lot of enemies. It sounds like a weird concept to start off with, but this helps to increase the immersivity immensely, as you've got several characters weaving around the story and changing from and because of it.

Another thing to help immerse the player even further is the amount of detail that was put into every part of the world. Not just in terms of graphics, but almost everything that comprises the world. Every single radio station has its specific set of hosts, every car has its specific way that it handles, and with the addition of the new First Person mechanic (which is a little iffy, in all honesty) adds a whole new level to that. You can see the radio station in the car, you can see your character pull up his cell phone whenever you use it, you can see your character flip the bird whilst driving down the highway, and it helps to further how much you are being put into this world. There are even phone numbers for various people within the world (celebrities, realtors, just about anyone and everyone) which you can actually call and interact with. You can go to a myriad of different websites and use them as though they were a real site (my personal favorite is the Republican Space Rangers website, which contains an actual 30 minute long cartoon). It's one thing to talk about how a game plays and whether or not you like the characters, but the amount of painstaking detail in this game alone is making me enjoy it even more.

Another good thing about the game is that you can see how your actions affect the world around you, in some way or another. There's a mission in the campaign where Michael ends up destroying a house, and the house will still be there, utterly destroyed. Missions where Franklin carries out hits for another main character in the game, Lester show effects in terms of news articles detailing how the person was recently found dead. Not only that, but these hits also affect the stock price of whichever company the person was in charge of. That's right, a freaking stock market! There's one for the single player mode, and another that's controlled real-time by members of Rockstar's Social Club.

Considering that the majority of people playing this game are more than likely to be young adults, I think it works perfectly. There are a lot of references to and parodies of events that are happening every day, all around us. Whether it's highlighting corruption in the higher ups of the police force (the FIB and the IAA doing unspeakable things to get more money for their departments) or a jab at the recent controversy with police and race relations (some cars have 'Obey and Survive' put on the side of their car, Franklin gets targeted by police more than his Caucasian counterparts, etc.). It provides an interesting, sometimes comedic and sometimes insanely dark look into the world around us. Sometimes it provides a more political statement (the race relations, drug legalization, so on) and other times it's the same old Grand Theft Auto, in which you steal cars, blow some stuff up, and go to a strip club.

To say that this game is a masterpiece is an understatement, and if I'm being completely honest it's without a doubt one of, if not THE best game I have ever played.
  33. Dec 1, 2015
    Grand theft auto V what can be said this game will go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time. I'm not going into detail about the story as it will take forever. But all the other things I will talk about. You can literally do almost anything in this game. skydiving, golf, tennis, flying, boating, swimming, hiking, biking, hunting, shopping, and the other GTA like thingsGrand theft auto V what can be said this game will go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time. I'm not going into detail about the story as it will take forever. But all the other things I will talk about. You can literally do almost anything in this game. skydiving, golf, tennis, flying, boating, swimming, hiking, biking, hunting, shopping, and the other GTA like things like visit clubs, rob and kill people. The weapons handle better, the cars are way better than the iffy handling of GTA IV and the world is so much cooler, The pack streets and suburbs of los santos the rolling dunes and lakes of sandy shores and MT Chilliad and finally the small town of paleto bay every environment is shown off in stunning 1080p. The characters are the best ever besides the 3 main characters my favorites are Lamar, Lester and Ron. Overall GTA V is a classic and if you haven't played please do. Expand
  34. Dec 7, 2015
    Just amazing. Story mode is really good, and the secundary missions are awesome. The online is really good too. Just amazing! The grafics are very well done.
  35. Jul 9, 2015
    City is really beautiful, story is nothing new but surprisingly OK. Main missions are somehow fun to play but problem is that without fast travel you somehow drive around all the time just to arrive to mission point. Side missions are totally pointless and boring. They are like jogging around block, beat up somebody, driving people around, making really boring conversations with freaks andCity is really beautiful, story is nothing new but surprisingly OK. Main missions are somehow fun to play but problem is that without fast travel you somehow drive around all the time just to arrive to mission point. Side missions are totally pointless and boring. They are like jogging around block, beat up somebody, driving people around, making really boring conversations with freaks and so on. So, fun to play main story, but can skip side missions! And not to forget... Prepare to drive with worst controls in gaming history. Driving car is ridiculously bad and there is no settings to fix that! Expand
  36. Nov 26, 2014
    While overall a good release of an existing modern classic, it needed more optimisation. The frame drops while driving fast cars in the city are almost constant on the PS4, and since that's one of the main activities in the game more people should really have called them out on it.
  37. Aug 14, 2015
    it is a simple straight 10, great graphics amazing details, great story, more characters, fantastic radio, cool free play - impressive degree of freedom. for sure one of best games I ever played
  38. Feb 15, 2015
    Bought this game on my PS3 and then PS4, definitely worth the repurchase. Enjoyed playing through the whole story again with nicer graphics and new features. One of my favorite games.
  39. Nov 20, 2014
    Replaying this game made me realise how important the little things are in games. And GTA5 has tons and tons of little things. Replaying the story was like playing it the first time, with serious moments and hilarious moments. This is one of the best games on the PS4 and if you missed out the first time it is a must have! Even if you are a returning player like me it is an amazing game.Replaying this game made me realise how important the little things are in games. And GTA5 has tons and tons of little things. Replaying the story was like playing it the first time, with serious moments and hilarious moments. This is one of the best games on the PS4 and if you missed out the first time it is a must have! Even if you are a returning player like me it is an amazing game. The new features and graphics add a whole new dimension of immersion and it is worth revisiting the lively world of Los Santos Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2014
    10/10 every game of every kind should be done with the same care.
    Pro: Perfect
    Con: nothing

10/10 ogni gioco di ogni genere dovrebbe essere fatto con la stessa cura
  41. Mar 29, 2015
    So yea, easily the weakest release in the GTA series (barring the first two of course, can't compare 2D to 3D). Rockstar wasted precious development time making sure stubble grows on faces, and cops correctly profile people, and a myriad of other useless crap. They gutted the single player experience and let only a hollow shell of what is used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gameSo yea, easily the weakest release in the GTA series (barring the first two of course, can't compare 2D to 3D). Rockstar wasted precious development time making sure stubble grows on faces, and cops correctly profile people, and a myriad of other useless crap. They gutted the single player experience and let only a hollow shell of what is used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and all, but like I said, easily the worst GTA so far, SO MUCH was missing from single player, and the online was a lethargic cluster-f*ck at best. Expand
  42. Jun 16, 2017
    Removing mods is the worst. Literally unplayable. So much hate coming their way now. They took a beloved game and absolutely ruined it by banning mods.
  43. Jan 7, 2015
    It's pretty much the same game as the one we got in 2013 but I am not complaining. I've played through the campaign maybe three/four times in total and have sunk a couple of hundred ours into it in on PS3 and PS4 combined. Admittedly this time round I was starting to get bored of the story but the gameplay felt great as ever. First-person mode is a nice touch but doesn't add much in theIt's pretty much the same game as the one we got in 2013 but I am not complaining. I've played through the campaign maybe three/four times in total and have sunk a couple of hundred ours into it in on PS3 and PS4 combined. Admittedly this time round I was starting to get bored of the story but the gameplay felt great as ever. First-person mode is a nice touch but doesn't add much in the way of immersion, especially when the mocap for the three protagonists is so detailed and smooth and this is primarily why I stick to third-person.

Antialiasing has improved significantly. I have a 720p television and I'm sure on a 1080p set it would look even crisper. FPS drops unfortunately occur in some of the busier parts of the city if you are driving super fast but this is not a regular occurrence. There is a fair amount of pop-in (sometimes) but nothing terrible, I hardly notice it now.

The most exciting thing about GTA V is the detail of the world and that is something best left for you to discover yourself. There is so much to do here besides the campaign so you won't be short of activities for many, many hours. I fail to see why Rockstar is pushing GTA Online as heavily as they are. Online is good fun but it lacks all the subtle touches of the main game.
  44. Jan 22, 2015
    Amazing game! If this is your first time playing this, IGNORE all those negative reviews about this being a re-release. Those people are basically being SELFISH and not thinking about the people who've never played this game before by giving it a low rating...what are they expecting from replaying a game they already played on the PS3?! No one told them to buy a remaster edition. Are theyAmazing game! If this is your first time playing this, IGNORE all those negative reviews about this being a re-release. Those people are basically being SELFISH and not thinking about the people who've never played this game before by giving it a low rating...what are they expecting from replaying a game they already played on the PS3?! No one told them to buy a remaster edition. Are they expecting it to be GTA 5.5?

I never had a PS3, went straight to PS4. If you've never played GTA5 before either then this is the one game you need to get for your PS4! If you like this sort of genre that is.

In addition to the PS3 version, this one also has a first person mode and updated graphics, and a few additional side missions.
  45. Feb 15, 2015
    Rarely do games ever reach this scope of excellence. Actually, I can't think of any game that has come this close to perfection. The most fun I've ever had on both consoles.
  46. Feb 27, 2015
    Simply the best looking game so far on the PS4. Tight controls, so basically playing GTA5 on the PS4 is a blast. I say it's a given buy if you haven't played it already on PS3/360, and still worth buying if you have. I hope for more titles on par with the mechanics of this game.
  47. Dec 3, 2014
    Having not played GTA 5 on last-gen consoles, I went into the PS4 version completely fresh. I had seen a few friends play here and there, but never delved into any details of the story until now. I can definitely say I'm glad I waited.

Now, by not having played the last-gen GTA 5, I can't really compare the graphics too much. There are plenty of image and video comparisons out there. And from what I've seen, the overhaul seems quite extensive. At any rate, the game is gorgeous on PS4. There are times when I'm walking around that I find myself stopping because of how real everything looks. I can't imagine what PC modders will do with their version when it releases. I imagine near photo-realistic if not photo-realistic fidelity. Rockstar says the game is locked at 30fps but there are definitely a few hiccups. It's definitely not Unity-bad by any means, but high speed chases/racing and traffic clutter and explosions can cause a few frames to drop. Most of the time, though, it is a pretty consistent 30fps. Think Assassin's Creed: Black Flag consistency.

At first, the thought of juggling three main characters in one story seemed overwhelming. But after playing for a few hours and realizing how seamless it was to jump between them all, I'm glad they made this decision instead of going into separate DLC chapters in the vein of GTA 4. The story itself is amazing, but I wasn't surprised. Rockstar has a reputation by now, and I didn't expect it to dwindle with GTA 5. The cutscenes, voice acting, and animation are all top notch. You know you have a riveting world and story when you're telling yourself "just one more mission" before bed to see what kind of crazy event is going to happen next. I find myself doing just that, much akin to my over zealous netflix tv show binges.

The biggest pull for me, though (and I'm sure for many other people who had already played GTA 5 on last-gen consoles) is the first-person mode. When this feature was debuted, all I could think about was "Oh my god, it's basically modern day Skyrim!". And...it really is. The attention to detail on all of the animations and movement really sells it. It doesn't feel like GTA with first person. It feels like a completely different game. And I love that about it. I will say, however, that getting used to the sensitivity and controls in first-person mode requires a little patience. I suppose I'm spoiled by Destiny and Call of Duty at this point, but the aiming and movement in first-person feels floaty, and I still haven't completely nailed it down yet. Thankfully, sticky-targeting still works in this mode though. And I will probably just continue to rely on that.

You're probably wondering why I'm scoring a 9 instead of a 10, given all the praise. Well, while the single-player I feel is near flawless, the GTA Online aspect is less than so. When GTA 5 was first released on last-gen consoles, I had heard about the GTA Online woes. The glitches, the crashing, and the long load times were just a few of the things people were complaining about, and it seems they have migrated over to this version as well. I, myself, experienced three instances of complete game freezing and two instances of network or disconnection errors just the other night. It can be frustrating, especially when the load times are so long. After the last error I ended up calling it a night, mostly because I didn't want to sit at the loading screen for another 10 minutes. When it does work, however, it works well. Lag is hardly ever an issue, and there is much to do and a lot of fun to be had while doing it. Rockstar just needs to get a bit more stability in place, and GTA Online (and GTA 5 as a whole) will be perfect.
  48. Jul 12, 2015
    A huge game. I mean, it's been about 6 years since GTA IV for a reason. The map is gigantic, although I have to admit many other games are close (if not the same or more) in size. The storyline is probably the longest I have ever played. When I say all of this, I'm not counting the previous GTA games, for the record. Although the story isn't a masterpiece, it's still well-written, and oneA huge game. I mean, it's been about 6 years since GTA IV for a reason. The map is gigantic, although I have to admit many other games are close (if not the same or more) in size. The storyline is probably the longest I have ever played. When I say all of this, I'm not counting the previous GTA games, for the record. Although the story isn't a masterpiece, it's still well-written, and one of the best of all time (for video games). Then there's the amazing open world experience. It's like living a real life (but, please, focus on the actual real life more). I'm not much of a fan of the fact that the game encourages you to be gangster, however at least you are not forced to. But, seriously, the game is in many ways twisted and sick. However, the majority of the game is too fun to not avoid. Expand
  49. Apr 11, 2015
    WOW. I cant get over how incredible this game is. From the gorgeous (but not 60 fps) setting to the well crafted and detailed new story and world, from the robust and varied multiplayer mode, this game is a must-have for every console gamer.

1. The Story: I love the switching between the three major characters, Michael, Trever, And Franklin. Each one has their own unique story, and in making the story follow each character, all the missions are fun and varied (except for a few duds revolving around a pier) and I actually played a few over again to try and get all gold missions. The heists are by far the best part of the single player mode, and in multiplayer s well! The side missions are fun as well, and there's so many activities, like golfing or racing, that you can get lost in the game, which is something all good games should aim for. While not as good as Red Dead Redemptions story, this is definitely one of the best Open World stories in a while.

2. The Setting: Los Santos is by far the most expansive and diverse world ever created in video games. The insane detail is put in every part of the map, and the game is just so beautifully realized. Having spent most of my life living in LA, its insane how much effort Rockstar went to create a video game form of it. From the depths of the ocean, with orcas and dolphins and kelp forests, to the awesome and realistic vehicles, to every part of the map, this setting is amazing. If GTA 4's Liberty City felt like a living city, GTA 5's Los Santos feels like a living WORLD. And the in game radio stations are fantastic as well.

3. Multiplayer: While I see multiplayer as a bonus, many people skip single player altogether to go play with their buddies, which is understandable. Starting off, the much-improved character creation finally makes your characters just like how you want them, unlike its PS3 and 360 counterparts. Again, everything about it is excellent, the game challenges you to level up and unlock new guns, or you can just go and create havoc and start wars with friends or strangers, or skydive with twelve of tour friends and try to land in a swimming pool. The possibilities are endless. The heists are an amazing new addition, and the monthly updates are great. There are many connection issues that spoil multiplayer quite a bit, but its a fun experience nonetheless.

So that's my full review. Almost everything about the game is spot on and perfect, the first person setting is tons of fun, the single player is great, the multiplayer is great, Trevor is great, everything's great. If you don't have this, Get it. NOW!!!!!!
  50. Dec 3, 2014
    Very well done, worth every penny, and even played on Xbox 360 I bought for the PS4 and loved, not only received 100 because it was not made by Tornado Corporation SA
  51. Dec 21, 2014
    GTA games are always fun. This one is no exception, however it tends to freeze on missions. Also, you can't pick up things and throw them at anyone anymore. Instead, you run into something to pick it up. For a game thats release was highly anticipated, it didn't disappoint too bad.
  52. Aug 11, 2017
    Great game, very nice graphics awesome open world but the thing that dissapoints me is that there is no story mode dlc and rockstar games is focusing on the online mode which is also good but i prefer the story mode
  53. Feb 8, 2015
    If you had this for the Xbox 360 or the PS3, don't buy it again. If you have yet to buy it, then I'd strongly urge you to do so. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is pretty seamless, the storyline is good. Numerous twists and turns here and there. There's very little to dislike about this game. The overall experience of the game is great and you should get it.
  54. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Amazing, outstanding, polemic, great argument and plot, memorable characters and most important: unforgettable. Perhaps since RE4, Metroid or even Ocarina i haven´t play a game like this. Some minor slowdowns that does´t affect the brightness. Los Santos is a really nice city that must be explored and lived.
  55. Nov 16, 2018
    The game is really good especially now at the next gen and pc versions with constant updates and generally fun things to do, online may be bad but from the single player experience i choose to give this a 10
  56. Mar 14, 2016
    This is the one game my father actually enjoys playing. Keep in mind, this guy is an all American baby boomer born when President Kennedy was still in office; a man who generally does not enjoy playing and video games of any kind.
  57. Jul 8, 2016
    Time to wake up from your grave, and experience utopia! ... Or so they say.

Time to wake up from your grave, and experience utopia! ... Or so they say.

The story on its own is what kept me playing for years on, constantly finding out new things about the vast world of 'Los Santos', seeing how the character interactions play out. A game that's set in a completely non-fictional universe/time is often hard to maintain or a challenge for the PR team. Grand Theft Auto never had that struggle. Great gameplay, a fantastic soundtrack (which partly promotes young artists through the form of in-game radio listening), and an INSANELY good story are only a few features of gta 5. Except for some nitpicking, there is nothing to complain about from the gamer's perpective.
  58. Mar 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. yeah this is about the best game I've played
    you can be engaged in anything
    Best GTA series
    and online at all a dream
    probably would have opened a casino in it
  59. Mar 19, 2016
    GTA.at it's finest. This is an amazing experience just thinking about the single player however the multiplayer is just as good in its own way, heists are just awesome when you are in a crew that's working well. This game has it all.
  60. May 27, 2016
    Um jogo incrível! História divertida e envolvente. Gráfico incríveis e muitas opções de jogabilidade e ações. Todo gamer deve jogar esta obra prima!!!!
  61. Aug 22, 2016
    I bought this game on the PS3 then bought it again on PS4. Multiplayer is not my thing so I am only reviewing the single player aspect of this game. Yeah, it's a masterpiece. The writing shines, and the voice acting backs it up to push the immersion, character development and fun factor through the roof.

Add to that a vast and wonderfully detailed sandbox, tight, solid game-play, tons of vehicles, weapons, outfits and mini games to choose from and I can't see what more anyone could want from this type of game.

Yes, it is crude, violent and irreverent. There is profanity, sex, gratuitous murder, mysogny, blatant racial stereotyping and even a little torture thrown in for good measure. It's an adult game. But all of that stuff is just icing on the cake because beneath it you have solid driving mechanics, a forgiving but challenging aiming system and hugely diverse missions and side-missions to get through at your own pace. Oh, and music suited to just about every taste that you can turn off completely if you just want to enjoy the ambient sounds of people screaming in terror as gas stations explode behind them.

I have spent countless hours playing and replaying this game and haven't come close to exploring all there is to do. My only possible qualm is that it is so good I'm not sure how Rockstar will be able to top it.
  62. Jul 13, 2017
    Best controls a GTA game has ever had but still quite bad controls, graphics are sometimes nice sometimes they definitely feel last gen. mission design is often horrific, this is something i can't stand and i always forget just how bad Rockstar is at designing missions. sure they have cinematic value but actually playing them with these bad controls makes it not just a chore but often tooBest controls a GTA game has ever had but still quite bad controls, graphics are sometimes nice sometimes they definitely feel last gen. mission design is often horrific, this is something i can't stand and i always forget just how bad Rockstar is at designing missions. sure they have cinematic value but actually playing them with these bad controls makes it not just a chore but often too difficult to ever try or so time consuming to get to one precision action that its a waste to bother trying. so many mission, so many times, i just killed myself until i got the skip option. that option is the only reason i beat the game at all because it just isn't fun sometimes. and when the game takes up 65 gigs on my hard drive, this earns a fast track to getting deleted and avoiding this company Expand
  63. Mar 30, 2017
    Fabulous game but at late game it may be turn a bit repetitive. Great graphics, great story, an great open world with much things to do, but i felt that it's missing something to the perfection.
  64. Jan 7, 2018
    great game as you would expect from GTA series .... story is great and makes you want play ...online also excellent i spent 110 days in gtao so far and yet i always find something to do thanks to the fact online keeps expanding all the time..great overall experience
  65. Feb 21, 2018
    one of the best games on the PS4 for sure. Great gameplay, maybe graphics could have been better, but it's still great
  66. Nov 21, 2018
    Even though I don't own a ps4 I at least have it on the xbox one nothing different other than graphics. gta 5 is an outstanding open world game and seeing the transition form gta 4 was a major change and this is one of rockstar's best game so far along side with san andreas, chinatown wars, etc. For a game that was released in 2013 it has been heavily detailed. The cars function to almostEven though I don't own a ps4 I at least have it on the xbox one nothing different other than graphics. gta 5 is an outstanding open world game and seeing the transition form gta 4 was a major change and this is one of rockstar's best game so far along side with san andreas, chinatown wars, etc. For a game that was released in 2013 it has been heavily detailed. The cars function to almost real life cars. and seeing los santos in a higher resolution with updated graphics is a treat and honestly this one of my favorite game on the xbox one. However the only cons I would give it is that the gta online system is broken and unfair plus the story mode while interesting and fun but the plot is boring and forget able but other than that gta 5 is still a great game up to this day it has a lot of replay value Expand
  67. Nov 17, 2018
    Perfect online, perfect history, what can I say ? its a rockstar game .....
  68. Nov 26, 2018
    GTA V is a great single player experience, with all the kinds of things you'd expect from a Grand Theft Auto game. It was one of the most anticipated games at release, and still to this day the best selling videogame of all time (as of November 26th, 2018).
    The shooting mechanics feel updated and improved compared to previous titles, the story is absolutely well written and interesting, so much so that for the first time on a GTA game I wanted to finish the main story before exploring the world; the introduction of first person mode was a good idea, even though poorly executed.
    Now what's the deal with my score, why doesn't this classic game deserve a ten in my opinion? One word: multiplayer.
  69. Dec 1, 2018
    Great game, good story, amazing gameplay, nice graphics but the multiplayer could have been better organized... especially on release.
  70. Feb 23, 2019
    First released on the previous generation of consoles, GTA 5 was released on the PS4 with improved graphics and an additional FPS viewpoint option. The game is bigger and better than ever. Based on the city of Los Angeles, GTA 5 offers lots of spectacular missions, which are more varied than in GTA 4, using various interesting characters, which evolve around the same storyline. Easily theFirst released on the previous generation of consoles, GTA 5 was released on the PS4 with improved graphics and an additional FPS viewpoint option. The game is bigger and better than ever. Based on the city of Los Angeles, GTA 5 offers lots of spectacular missions, which are more varied than in GTA 4, using various interesting characters, which evolve around the same storyline. Easily the best GTA ever! Expand
  71. Jun 23, 2020
    Hands down one of the best open-world games ever. Nothing to say that hasn't already been side, just too bad that it's online component ended up becoming the main reason for Rockstar's downfall as a respected game developer in the eyes of many. Gamers > Microtransactions.
  72. Dec 31, 2019
    Bueno chavales, aquí entramos ya en juyegazos imprescindibles para petarlo jugando, que el **** GTA V es la caña tio, que tiene todo un repertorio de armas y coches que te cagas, y puedes matar a todo el mundo mientras vas en los bugas a full the past, que puedes atropellar a las viejas y huir de la poolicia tio, que este juuego es canelita en rama, yo lo recomiendo a todo cristo, queBueno chavales, aquí entramos ya en juyegazos imprescindibles para petarlo jugando, que el **** GTA V es la caña tio, que tiene todo un repertorio de armas y coches que te cagas, y puedes matar a todo el mundo mientras vas en los bugas a full the past, que puedes atropellar a las viejas y huir de la poolicia tio, que este juuego es canelita en rama, yo lo recomiendo a todo cristo, que tiene unos graficazos pepotes que se te cae la boca al suelo ¿entiendes? y encima puedes usar 3 personajes y ligar con las prostitutas en el Online y tenerlas haciendo bailes en pelotas en tu apartamento, coches, drogas, sexo y alcohol, no sé que más le hace falta a este juego para ser el mejor GTA de la historia, pero eso, recomendado al 300% y a liarla parda en las calles de GRAND THEFT AUTO, VAMONOS CON LA PARTY CHAVAAAAL!!!! Expand
  73. Apr 19, 2020
    It is a funny and fun game full of action and fun This match overtook GTA IV and GTA SAN ANDREAS
  74. Jun 20, 2020
    Лучшая игра в которую я играл превосходный гемплей. Топовый онлайн режим где есть уйма интересных режимов и занятий. Хороший сюжет и главные герои.
  75. Jul 7, 2020
    One of the best games of all times, great open world with much possibilities, 3 protagonists with their own personality, great side characters. Essential game to play.
  76. Nov 24, 2014
    I can't believe this game scored a 97. What the **** are these "critics" smoking?? Skyrim gets a 92, Far Cry 4 gets an 88, and effin' GTA gets a 97?! That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen..
  77. Nov 19, 2014
    So GTAV doesn't live up to the hype, but it's still a good game. The problem is it isn't worth $60, and that's a major difference. Wait for a Black Friday sale before buying this.
  78. Dec 4, 2014
    Not enough new content to merit full new-game price.

Rockstar could have offered a discount for people who already bought this the first time it was launched for the full $60 dollar price tag, but decided not to. Other companies have offered deals with new-gen launches where you could get the new platform edition for $10, Rockstar did not offer this. Still no heist mode in
    Not enough new content to merit full new-game price.

Still no heist mode in multiplayer, it was supposed to be added a month after the first release and they never did it.

Again you really shouldn't buy this if you already played through GTA V on another system, it isn't worth paying full price all over again for what is essentially the same product you bought before. They didn't even TRY to make this an expanded edition, it is just a re-skin with maybe 5 bucks worth of DLC tacked on.
  79. Dec 3, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is a very good and fun sand box game that allows you to roam the world freely.
    Steal cars,boats,bikes, helicopters and planes, steal money or shoot down everyone you see and having the cops chase after you is fun. But i feel that that it is more fun than follow the story.

When i play a story mission i drive a car from point A to point B, and then i watch a cutscene, then i drive to another location so i can watch another cutscene. The sandbox simulation of game is more of a game than the actual game. If i want to watch a movie than i go watch a movie. GTA for me has allways been like. you steal a car, you run over a bunch of people, you get stars so the cops will come after you, you try to do everything in your power to not get killed or busted. Thats it! the story does not matter. GTA is fun when you feel that you want to mess with stuff. GTA V is just like every GTA game ever made.
  80. Nov 21, 2014
    8.7 out of 10.

8.7 out of 10.

It's the same ol' GTA5 we all know and love (or hate) with a few new features/improvements thrown in. The most notable new feature is the first-person perspective mode which is very entertaining. But to be honest, the first-person mode doesn't have controls as tight as a standard FPS....it's more of a bonus than a selling point for the game. I also must admit I've yet to play the online mode of this particular port of GTA5, so if it sucks or is laggy I wouldn't know.

The graphics are considerably better than previous-gen versions of this game, but there is still some noticeable pop-up and pop-in from time to time. Which has been an ongoing thing with pretty much every GTA game since GTAIII, so most GTA fans won't care. Also, any people who have already decided they don't like the GTA series based on the gameplay and somewhat repetitive nature of the missions will NOT be won over by this game.

However, I still recommend this game if you do love the series and want to play the best incarnation of it yet. Especially if you never played it on previous-gen consoles.
  81. Nov 19, 2014
    I kind of struggled through the story on Ps3 ( Michael,is a dbag ), and the immense amount of similarities,with previous titles. True, its bigger, more beautiful and with a lot more mini-games (if you are into that) but to me it got old fast.. Its a personal matter i,suppose, Ive simply played too much Gta in the passed and this is just the same thing again.
    The upgrade , therefore,
    The upgrade , therefore, doesnt score any more points than a review on the ps3-version would.
  82. Nov 19, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 (Remastered), like the original on PS3, is a brilliant and phenomenal game. It contains everything the former game had, and so much more.

PROS: ~The new features such as First-Person mode, the added population density, fauna, and animals make Los Santos more in-depth and immersive than ever. I very much enjoy the added animations and skins added for first person

PROS:

~The new features such as First-Person mode, the added population density, fauna, and animals make Los Santos more in-depth and immersive than ever. I very much enjoy the added animations and skins added for first person mode, such as new cell phone animations and vehicle interiors (that include working speedometer, tachometer, radio screen, etc)
    ~The online mode has been improved and has a lot of substance to it. I enjoyed designing my character and playing online with a friend. It is very immersive, almost like another complete game in its own
    ~The graphic and physics/movements are extremely crisp and vivid. Characters in cutscenes look life-like.
    ~The lighting is very well done - the way sunlight reflects off buildings and the way streetlights reflect off of rain puddles is amazing
    ~Added some cars and guns to the already large selection
    ~Rockstar Social Club allows you to design some cool stuff for your online "Crew".
    ~Vehicle damage seems to have gotten even more accurate and in-depth
    ~A large amount of new material, overall. Not just a rehash and re-release

CONS:

~In first person mode while in a car, the rearview and sideview mirrors do not work correctly. They look blurry and distorted
    ~I have noticed very slight texture pop-in on some buildings while driving (probably happened twice in 10 hours of gameplay)
    ~You are required to complete the GTA Online Tutorial before you are allowed to invite friends or join up with friends online. So, if you click "SKIP", you will be forced to delete your character and re-create him/her. (Could not find any way to re-do the tutorial)

Overall, I would recommend this game, even if you have already played it on the previous generation of systems. GTA V is a masterpiece of a game, and with this remastered version, Rockstar has made it even better somehow.
  83. Nov 22, 2014
    Game truthfully isn't worthy all the hype. The story is not intriguing in any which way, and the Online mode is simply not useable. Since the game has been out, I have spent 2/3rd of my time in online mode simply attempting to connect with my friends. Whenever I finally do get in a game with them (rare occasion) I usually time -out quickly after. Shooting without the Aim Sight on isGame truthfully isn't worthy all the hype. The story is not intriguing in any which way, and the Online mode is simply not useable. Since the game has been out, I have spent 2/3rd of my time in online mode simply attempting to connect with my friends. Whenever I finally do get in a game with them (rare occasion) I usually time -out quickly after. Shooting without the Aim Sight on is extremely difficult, but shooting with it on gives the game no point from the shooting aspect. The driving part of the game, although decent, is not enough to make the game worthy of $60 and the graphics are not enough of an upgrade to make one switch from Ps3 to Ps4. First Person mode is simply incompetent. All in all, overly hyped and overly rated. Expand
  84. Dec 5, 2014
    If you loved GTA 5 on previous gen, then you are going to love it on current gen - it really is as simple as that. There frankly isn't that much more to say.

What are you getting? Well of course there are the enhanced visuals, the added missions and extra players in multiplayer (when it works mind you) - but there are so many little things. The cars all sound a bit different, some quite a lot so in fact... they sound a bit more real. The extra songs on all of the radio stations are a nice touch and being able to see the INSANE level of detail in first person mode is frankly worthy of buying the game.

Everything just feels in a way, how it should have, on last gen - it feels right. Nothing has changed with the story or the characters from what you would have played last gen. It is a really nice touch to be able to import your multiplayer character from any platform (I came from X360) and the added character detail really help - it showed just how freaky my character actually looked.

Really there is not a lot more to say. The negatives? Well if I had to nit pick - it is the same game just better.., and now and then the frame rate dips a tad.... oh and it annoys me that I cannot set my default car view to 3rd person and my walking to 1st.... but perhaps I have missed something.

At the end of the day - if you want a fantastic open world on new gen to lose yourself in, get this. You will not regret it.
  85. Dec 5, 2014
    By far the best GTA game to date. Compared to previous games in the series I'd say the overall experience is less frustrating than it has been in the past. Best balanced single player they made till now. Controls could have been a bit better out of the box cause not all the uses of the controller make that much sense.

The PS4 boosts the best graphics for GTA V. Obviously the buying

The PS4 boosts the best graphics for GTA V. Obviously the buying reasons are less if you already owned an XB0X 360 or PS3 copy but that's logical and not a good reason to downrate it. No doubt bound to be one of the must have PS4 games until GTA VI hits the shelves.
  86. Mar 18, 2015
    although i adore grand theft auto, this left me a bit unsatisfied. i was genuinely expecting more from this game. don't wanna say gta V is bad, for me it just doesn't deserve to be scored a 97, really overrated. still can't wait for pc version!
  87. Nov 20, 2014
    Anyone who gives this game a 10/10 is either insane, is being paid by Rockstar, is about 12 years old or has never played any other game before. It is without doubt the most disappointing game of all time and a 6/10 at absolute best and the scores the 'critics' have given it just proves the fact that they are not worth reading.

Good - Not very much, but the 3 characters are well

Good - Not very much, but the 3 characters are well designed and the map itself is adequate in size. The overall gameplay is solid and there is definitely some fun to be had with some of the set piece missions standing out in particular.

Bad - Where to start? No ambient hiests, severe, almost criminal lack of interiors, no character progression, development or empire building of any kind, unable to buy houses, unable to enter owned businesses (lack of interiors!), awful, awful story, only around 30% of the map is actually used for anything useful, the frined 'like' % has been ditched so doing any activity with any other character is pointless, the girlfriend system is awful, unfinished concepts (Trevors meth business) and in general just terrible design decisions everywhere. There is a total lack of anything meanignful to do in this game; I mean ist all well and good being able to play golf but where are things like dealing etc that can be used to run a criminal empire?

Verdict - The most overrated, overhyped game ever made which is a shame because it could, and should have been great. If you like driving around aimlessly with the option to play a pointless minigame this could be the game for you. If you have a brain though, you will be left bitterly disappointed by an average game thats a 6/10 (generous) and one of the worst games in the GTa series, FACT.
  88. Nov 20, 2014
    Don't entirely trust the pro reviews. If you like games with challenging gameplay, that actually require skills and smart decisions from you, don't buy this game. GTA V is a game for mindless people, where you don't have to think at all or perform well to complete the missions. It's more like a interactive movie. If you're a casual gamer and you like movies like "The Hangover", or if youDon't entirely trust the pro reviews. If you like games with challenging gameplay, that actually require skills and smart decisions from you, don't buy this game. GTA V is a game for mindless people, where you don't have to think at all or perform well to complete the missions. It's more like a interactive movie. If you're a casual gamer and you like movies like "The Hangover", or if you just want to relax, this might be a good choice, but if not, I repeat: Don't entirely trust in the reviews that are giving like 10/10 or 9/10. I would give it a 7.7 at the most Expand
  89. Dec 1, 2014
    Money Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly forMoney Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly for your $50+ you could be playing something else that captures your interest a heck of a lot more. Pass on this one guys, and lets hope GTA6 will bring something original and new to the franchise because frankly its over played. Expand
  90. Nov 19, 2014
    Simply stunning and a perfect reason to delve back into the best game of 2013 or if you didn't own it on PS3 you should get this definitive version. However if you dont like GTA it's not going to change your mind.
  91. Nov 19, 2014
    How someone could write a negative review is beyond me. I had the game on 360 and I picked it up for my PS4 also. The first person makes the game feel more alive as you are now eye level with the populace of Los Santos. It really adds a new feeling of always needing to check your surroundings. In some cases, such as diving out of a car, exiting a vehicle that has been submerged or gettingHow someone could write a negative review is beyond me. I had the game on 360 and I picked it up for my PS4 also. The first person makes the game feel more alive as you are now eye level with the populace of Los Santos. It really adds a new feeling of always needing to check your surroundings. In some cases, such as diving out of a car, exiting a vehicle that has been submerged or getting hit by a car, this can be disorienting, but that is part of what makes first person realistic. the textures are awesome, the damage to the vehicles, the inside of the vehicles, the clothing, the cracks in the streets, the thugs standing on the corner smoking cigarettes and following you with their gaze over the tops of their sunglasses as you walk by. Gives a whole new meaning to constantly looking over your shoulder in a game. The game is hands down amazing - sure the aiming is a little rough but you really need to adjust the controls to make it a little more like ghost recon or whatever. Expand
  92. Nov 19, 2014
    Game blows me away. Picked it up last night by trading Destiny and getting 20% off etc... Got it for 15 bucks. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Anyway wow. The game is great. I cant believe it but there is some great graphical improvements over the first. The water looks amazing and they definitely sharpened some smaller details. I think these small things certainly make the already great game even better.
    Another small thing that is small but makes the experience more enjoyable is the Dual-shock 4 features, from flashing rend and blue during cop chases to police radios and phone calls coming through your controller. I love it, sometimes it make you jump and say what the f*ck when you are playing but whatever.

The new first person feature is pretty cool, to me its nothing amazing. It is not bad for gun fights or just walking around although there are some minor bugs that could be patched. Driving cars on the other hand is nearly impossible. There is little to almost no way of keeping the car somewhat on the road. They should also make the side mirrors reflect everything behind you. It would make it easier to drive and add realism.
    One thing they did really well was the focus during gun fights. the graphics look really cinematic in first person and the zoom ability to be able to look down iron sights adds to it greatly.
    Although I do not love this feature it is okay, it does not make or break the game for me and it shouldn't for you. I mostly don't like it and don't mind not using it because I am used to GTA being third person along with all other games similar.

As far is the story goes, I like it. Unlike the other reviews here saying its horrible and you cannot follow it, you can. It is not hard to follow at all... It isn't anything gripping or amazing it is meant to be more entertaining and that it is. I laughed my ass off a few times already and i'm sure ill have many more laughs to come especially online with my friends. Oh and lets be honest, I do not play the game for the story I play it to cause mayhem and make the experience great for myself and I am sure i'm not the only one. So make the best of the game think of things you can do to make it great.

As far as online goes I am yet to play it on PS4. I will today with my buddy and ill be sure to update everyone.

Overall the game is amazing and it packs a lot of fun in a small package. Solo is great with or without the story. Graphics are improved. Some small bugs but nothing major. I would recommend the game to anyone. It gets two thumbs up from me. I will be doing a video review soon on my channel in about 4-5 days so I get more gameplay and footage. My channel is the same as my name here.
  93. Nov 20, 2014
    What's not to like! Honestly, you can read all the negative reviews and see for yourself they're all bs. If you liked any of the previous GTA titles, trust me this is 100% worth buying.
  94. Jan 3, 2015
    the people ith bad reviews are on this page are so corny its ridiculous first of all you are not being forced to buy this game a second time or for next gen so who cares that they remastered it i wanted it and millions of other people did also as you can tell by the sales

2 its not just upgraded graphics the soundtrack was heavily upgraded so noticeable hearing songs that came out after the original game did. The First person mode feels like a whole new experience in itself.

Stop hating if your made they're making money then reevaluate your life don't give a game bad reviews because its a remaster that people want its called supply and demand any business that wants to prosper is going off of that oh shame on rockstar for selling people a product they want twice because they know people will buy it lol people are so stupid if i sold something and i knew people would buy it twice with upgrades i would do it too....thats like saying sony shouldn't sell the ps4 they should just give it to all the people who had ps3's since its the same thing with better graphics and minor upgrades lol
  95. Dec 14, 2014
    Jeez, everyone hates each other on this website... Anyway good game, very similar to the old one with a few extra little small secrets and improved graphics. All in all, buy if you didn't play on last gen...
  96. Nov 19, 2014
    As far as a value proposition, this game under delivers. The visual boast and new tidbits are interesting, but do not enhance the game enough to warrant such a high score. When you look at re-releases, you must weigh it with what is added to the game. For The Last of Us Remastered, the 60fps change is a major difference. In this game, there are minor frame-rate drops, but still don'tAs far as a value proposition, this game under delivers. The visual boast and new tidbits are interesting, but do not enhance the game enough to warrant such a high score. When you look at re-releases, you must weigh it with what is added to the game. For The Last of Us Remastered, the 60fps change is a major difference. In this game, there are minor frame-rate drops, but still don't excuse the game for having those drops.

Could be better, still an alright game.
  97. Jan 24, 2015
    Returning to los Santos on a next gen console and there isn't much different, the first person view needs fixing epically in cars they need to make the mirrors to actually work so you can see where you are going. other than that not bad I guess
  98. Dec 14, 2014
    This is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honestThis is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honest though the reason I gave this a bad review is almost entirely the online multiplayer aspect of the game. GTA 5's Online game play is a joke when it even works! Trying to play with an open server i suffered through constant network errors and disconnects until finally getting it to work somewhat reliably in a private game with some friends. GTA V online is purely designed as a cheap cash grab gimmick. it lets you steal and test drive any available car in the game but if you want to permanently own most of the nicer more expensive cars you have to spend large sums of in game money to purchase them from a web app on your in game phone. In order to make the money you can do in game missions which take you to separate instances away from the main online server OR you can spend real money to buy in game cash. If you find a really nice car you like driving and you load into a mission instance the car disappears and you have to go find it again elsewhere which i suspect is an intentional aspect of the game to trick people into spending more real money so they can keep the car without loosing it. If you think about it the sole purpose of the missions is to grind for money so that you can buy the cars in the game so spending real money to buy the cars defeats the purpose of playing the online multiplayer at all. The missions instances employ unnecessary and annoying loading screens and menu navigation. The last GTA game i played and enjoyed was San Andreas where you could do missions like Vigilante by just hopping in a police car and then driving around chasing down criminals. I loved that, not this mission hub garbage. In the 4-5 hour span of time i played i only tried one race mission but it didn't let me use my car, instead it forced me to use a preselected car for the race / track that was the same care the other people racing with me had to use. If you are going to buy this game buy it for the story but save your money and don't buy into the online multiplayer gimmick. If your looking for a fun game to play with your friends look elsewhere. Expand
  99. Dec 14, 2014
    I don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturityI don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturity level would like. In the old ones, going on a robbing rampage or killing rampage was beneficial at times to accumulate money. U don't get much of anything in this one. $50 for 6 people...maybe.
    When playing other sandbox games like prototype,infamous, even saints row which has a lot more freedom, why does this game continue to get high ratings? If you played gta 3, you played the best one. I really don't understand what I am missing in this game that all the so called experts find so appealing about it. I traded it in within the 1st week i purchased it.
  100. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is outstanding, is awesome, best game ever! The gameplay and all the graphics have been always for Rockstar their main achievements, they work hard, is very good to have multiple characters, this is the BEST Game in the world

Universal acclaim - based on 66 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 29, 2015
    The definitive version of what is quite possibly the greatest game ever made. It's worth reliving. [Feb 2015, p.58]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 13, 2015
    The best game on PS3 is now the best thing on PS4. A loving, comprehensive remaster of such quality, it's damn near as essential as oxygen. But it. Yesterday. [Jan 2015, p.91]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 5, 2015
    An excellent remake of an outstanding game that doesn't merely come with cosmetic improvements. What does it mean? You certainly need to have this piece at home, even if you have the original version. [Issue#248]