8.3

1. Nov 19, 2014
    GTA V was arguably one of the most anticipated and best games of the last generation and it's re-release on the PS4 is highly welcomed but I wouldn't say it's an absolutely essential purchase for everyone, even those who particularly enjoyed it on the PS3.

Firstly; the game looks absolutely astonishing on the current gen with improved textures, additional effects and greater draw distances. The city looks and feels simply incredible and with a greater number of cars and people; it really adds to the atmosphere. There is also a new first-person mode which adds an entirely new dimension to the gameplay and is implemented very well although it wont appeal to everyone as GTA is easier and preferred in 3rd person for many players. These factors however do not warrant an immediate purchase. The game is pretty much the same as before and some may feel GTA V belongs as a memory of the last gen and a fitting finale of what was once possible. No doubt the step up is jaw-dropping in places but this doesn't enhance the story or its missions in any which way.

Committed players may opt to hop onto the multiplayer immediately where they left off but I find this aspect rather shallow. Rockstar will certainly add new and free content down the line but unless you are completely dedicated and enthused by this; you'd probably want to overlook the game for something else especially if you don't have the desire to experience the story again.

Overall; GTA V is still one of the best and most memorable games ever made. Die-hard fans who are still engaged with interest in the MP aspect should certainly purchase but others who aren't so excited should happily look to the future. The game looks staggering but this doesn't constitute to a must-buy even in today's graphics-emphasised era. This game costs full price and even more than the original did on release day. Many won't feel value for money in the product despite the games representing a very generous price for what is on offer. I think gamers will feel a bit burnt out after the time they spent on the game previous and unless you're as excited for the game as you were just over a year ago; you could probably happily avoid this and look at other fantastic titles out now and on the horizon. This however doesn't take away anything that Rockstar have achieved with the game in its time and regardless; GTA V on the PS4 is still a wonderful achievement in gaming that deserves another release.
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    PS4 VERSION:

PS4 VERSION:

Upon first impressions, I thought technically it's quite impressive that GTA5 runs reasonably well on PS4; however, not being able to maintain 30fps is a bit of a joke in this day and age. Yes, the map is large and there's stuff going on all around you, but when driving down a road and witnessing 22-23fps (which makes it's virtually impossible to drive well at speed) it's not impressive, it's actually irritating. The PS4 (and XB1) simply cannot achieve a solid 1080p/30fps with GTA5. Rockstar clearly had to make the game 1080p, otherwise it probably wouldn't have looked a significant amount better than the PS360 version.

It's no surprise to me that the latest generation of consoles can't manage 1080p/60fps in the bigger games, but if they can't run a game at a solid 30fps, then turn down effects; remove details; dial down draw distance; whatever, to maintain a SOLID 30fps. It'll still look better than the previous version and a SOLID 30fps (as exhibited perfectly by Forza Horizon 2) plays well enough.

So, if dipping frame rates bother you, driving anywhere slightly busy on the PS4 version of GTA5 will be an irritating experience.

Apart from that it's typical GTA fare. However, GTA5, to me, feels like the fun and interested stuff in GTA3/4 (you know, the things you could spend time on when not wanting to play the main story) have been stripped out and replaced with nothing. Maybe I've simply had my fill of GTA games (I'm 39 and been playing computer games for 30 years) and the childish repetition has finally smacked me in the face. I don't honestly know.

Whatever the issue, I find the game boring. Same old, same old. Nothing new here. Maybe the online gamers will find more pleasure from it.

As a newcomer, GTA5 is probably an amazing experience. I find it an average timewaster.
  3. Nov 18, 2014
    Small things are important. GTA V has a lot of fine details graphics good, pop response good also best gaming experience. If you have PlayStation 4 you must have this classic!
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    First of all, if this were the release of last year for the PC I would say applause and rate it 7. As this is the re-release and R* decided to take the $ milking route there is no reason to up-rate this game. When before did a company managed to sell a game 3 times in different resolutions which obviously existed from day one? I cannot remember.
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot grasp the uber-valued scores of all the so-called professionals.
    The graphics are good but don't make GTA V a new game. The first person view is quite nice feature which they adopted from the modding community. Still the game lacks the fantastic ideas of the series.

Most annoying are the very few assets one can enter. So one gets the feeling being excluded from the game and restricted to the role of the audience.
    Los Santos is very small compared to it's predecessor. And the streets are limited by heaps of signs and barriers. While driving one gets the sensation of staying in a cage, like in a hamster wheel.
    Unfortunately there is only this one small city and some negligible estates. The whole map is encircled within less than a quarter of an hour. The countryside doesn't offer much.
    So all in all GTA V lacks the possibility to merge with the game. There is no way to develop your character.
    These 3 shallow guys have nothing like-able, the family of Michael is disgusting, Franklin boring, Trevor a psychopath.
    There are no restaurants like before, no gyms, no girlfriends, nearly no secrets to discover. Golf and Yoga is a bad joke. To value a game just by it's graphics would be too narrowly considered. The Grand Theft Auto series was already unbeatable though the graphics were low.
    Hopefully GTA VI will re-introduce a lot of walkable assets and the role play elements of the predecessors. Maybe a future DLC can give back GTA V some of the old spirit which made the series world-celebrated. The actual release should be called: GTA V - Remastered
  5. Nov 18, 2014
    Over the months, many exciting features for new-gen such as more animals, denser traffic, increased draw distances, and DLC cars spawning regularly are not online, even though it was never stated that these features would only be on single player. I am really upset with you guys and if these features are not added soon, this will definitely be the last time that I will buy any of your products.
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    Im sorry but i cant get over how bad the controls are, the car and gun controls are just sooo bad it makes the game unplayable for me.in fact ive sold it already, the controls have always been bad, dont they know this????
    Also when driving there is a blur effect close up and this makes me feel sick, silly mistakes have ruined for me what may have been a good game
  7. May 11, 2017
    The story mode of game is extremely fantastic.The world of game can't explore it at all.The characters was very good.The bad side of the game is the multiplayer mode,the community has kids under 10 years old,Animations are worst,there are too many of hackers in PC and Last Console.If the game was singleplayer only games it will be the best open world game i have ever played
  8. Aug 11, 2017
    Great game, very nice graphics awesome open world but the thing that dissapoints me is that there is no story mode dlc and rockstar games is focusing on the online mode which is also good but i prefer the story mode
  9. Jun 27, 2015
    Great game, hard to fault the single player but GTA Online leaves a lot to be desired, my score is based purely on the single player element.

As GTAO is constantly evolving and being patched with new content on a regular basis, it is difficult to score the Online portion.
  10. Apr 13, 2017
    It's a big improvement over GTA IV in many aspects, graphics, scope, depth, shooting mechanics, driving.. etc. The only problem is, the story is so over the place, and the characters so unlikable, that I find myself preferring GTA IV (and its followup Story DLCs) over it. If you already had this game on PC, PS3 or XBox360, don't buy it again. The first person mode is clunky and not worthIt's a big improvement over GTA IV in many aspects, graphics, scope, depth, shooting mechanics, driving.. etc. The only problem is, the story is so over the place, and the characters so unlikable, that I find myself preferring GTA IV (and its followup Story DLCs) over it. If you already had this game on PC, PS3 or XBox360, don't buy it again. The first person mode is clunky and not worth the price of re-admission. Expand
  11. Feb 25, 2015
    The perfect game - Infinitely large and an amazing online world that just keeps on giving and giving. - I only wish they could have kept some of the previous mini games available for previous GTAs. Vigilante Mode, Ambulance Mode, Fire Fighter Mode, CUB3D. Still, fantastic!
  12. Nov 26, 2014
    the graphs :6 , story: 10 characters : 9 , in overall: 8 , it is good to play GTA in PS4 ... but if you had already finished the game in ps3 , it doesnt worth to rebuy the game for ps4..
  13. Dec 2, 2014
    GTA V was already awesome on the PS3. It's even more awesome on the PS4.

GTA V was already awesome on the PS3. It's even more awesome on the PS4.

The improved resolution and the addition of first person view make exploring the map a whole new experience. For the rest it's basically the same game, with all DLC that's been released up until now included and a couple more side missions. But even after playing the PS3 version, it's well worth playing through again. If you haven't played the last gen version yet, then this game is an absolute no-brainer.

GTA online can handle 30 people on the same map now as opposed to 16 last gen. The still ongoing connection issues however can spoil the fun.

+ First Person immersion
    + Graphics: For a world as detailed as this, it looks absolutely stunning on next gen...
    + Fun factor

- Not a lot of additional content for folks who have played the last gen (although it's nice to have at least something additional)
    - GTA Online connectivity issues
    - Expected more of the damage model on next gen. Not much has changed.
    - Loading times
  14. Aug 1, 2015
    One of the highest scores is not a shock for me... What is though, is that Rockstar outdo themselves with every new GTA! It is out of this world what they have done in this game... This is like a Matrix you want to live in! Everything brings so much joy: bike riding, shooting, driving, flying, swimming etc. The story, as always is superb, packed with unique incredibly funny humour youOne of the highest scores is not a shock for me... What is though, is that Rockstar outdo themselves with every new GTA! It is out of this world what they have done in this game... This is like a Matrix you want to live in! Everything brings so much joy: bike riding, shooting, driving, flying, swimming etc. The story, as always is superb, packed with unique incredibly funny humour you can't get enough of. Actually, it is kind of scary, because you never want to leave the GTA 5 world. I just can't imagine what they can do better, to top this one... Congratulation R* once again! Expand
  15. Jul 9, 2015
    The short end of the stick is actually quite large with this one. Story-wise, it reflects back on the classic criminal gangs all the while bringing in a new flare that is the corrupt city of Los Santos and the wild characters that live there. Each character doesn't have much to lose, but why not rake in some cash to make death defying crimes seem so worth it? Grand Theft Auto V is nothingThe short end of the stick is actually quite large with this one. Story-wise, it reflects back on the classic criminal gangs all the while bringing in a new flare that is the corrupt city of Los Santos and the wild characters that live there. Each character doesn't have much to lose, but why not rake in some cash to make death defying crimes seem so worth it? Grand Theft Auto V is nothing short of brilliant. The classic signs of stardom in Los Santos, the likable and realism of the characters and the many hidden secrets behind this twisted city of poor decisions have made this one a winner. Rockstar does it again. The same basic concept of a 3rd person shooter and driving with twists of filthy humor but lighthearted (to an extent) content mixed in with conspiracy theories will make any gamer cringe and shake with pleasure. An amazing game doesn't come without its great artistic integrity. What makes this game seem even more worthwhile than the heinous crimes is its ability to keep gamers pulled in with its great scenery and color of the background which makes the little details stand out. Little details have never seemed to matter more until you have played this game. Besides the fact that this game does have a few errors with very minor glitches, it is never the less one of the best games to ever be thought of, created, produced and played in the common era. Expand
  16. Nov 30, 2014
    No bad game but what really bugs me is that it is so overrated from critics. Probably the most overrated game series of all time. For it´s great living Open World with a big variety of activities and things to do it deserves a good score but for all it´s repetitiveness and gameplay imperfection it doesn´t deserve such a great score it gets. It doesn´t bring the gaming genre forward as itNo bad game but what really bugs me is that it is so overrated from critics. Probably the most overrated game series of all time. For it´s great living Open World with a big variety of activities and things to do it deserves a good score but for all it´s repetitiveness and gameplay imperfection it doesn´t deserve such a great score it gets. It doesn´t bring the gaming genre forward as it is just a very good big update to previous GTA Games. I also think it was a shame last year as this game had a higher metascore than The Last Of Us as that Game really revolutionized storytelling in gaming. This year it is the same again and i played both games again and GTA just feels a lot more repetitive and aged where i had still almost the same amount of fun with TLOU as last year. It is a good thing that metacritic has a user score but it is bad that it doesn´t get as much attention as the Metascore from critics. I think there should be a Meta-metascore where both are brought together because then we would finally see the real winner of 2013... Expand
  17. Apr 18, 2015
    I played gta5 on ps3 and xbox360, but I have to say that the ps4 version is a great relaunch in every sense of the word.

Graphics:Very nice,the textures,details everything is top notch,and crisp. Sound:great sound track and sound effects,weapons, vehicles,all is great. Controls:are tight and responsive, a few hick ups here and there but still great. Overall: Great game.

Graphics:Very nice,the textures,details everything is top notch,and crisp.

Sound:great sound track and sound effects,weapons, vehicles,all is great.

Overall: Great game.

there are a few problems here and there but none game breaking or worth noting at this point.
  18. Aug 14, 2015
    it is a simple straight 10, great graphics amazing details, great story, more characters, fantastic radio, cool free play - impressive degree of freedom. for sure one of best games I ever played
  19. Jul 27, 2015
    First off, my review may be a bit biased on the graphics side, because i've been playing on a crappy 2006 computer and setting everything to low graphic settings half my life, and the other half was an even worse computer. XD

With that gotten out of the way, this is one of the best looking games I've ever played. Considering the size of the game and everything in it, I can forgive the rare blurriness or pop-in. The game is a third (or first if you're NOT like me XD) person shooter with TONS of things to do. Activities include murdering people and fighting the police, skydiving, flying helicopters, stealing cars (it's in the freakin' title of the game!), racing, ATTEMPTING to break into Fort Zancudo and steal a tank, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. The story mode has plenty of missions to keep you occupied, accomplishing tons of different tasks to get you through the stories of three different characters. Franklin, a street hustler who says the N-word way too much (I know you're black and it's a bit more acceptable, but come on man!), Michael, a retired criminal thrown back into his job, and Trevor, who is... Trevor.
    The controls are a little strange at first, but you should get the hang of them really quickly.
    I'm too lazy to write anything else. :P
    Tldr, 69/10 it has strip clubs
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    This play was very well prepared by the time of his creation , so not only the game as the company deserve note 10.
    Esse joga foi muito bem elaborado pela época de criação dele, por isso não so o jogo como a empresa merecem nota 10.
  21. Sep 1, 2015
    This is hands down the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Graphics and gameplay is incredible and addicting. Not a single detail gets overlooked by Rockstar. It is the most realistic game to date and will go down in history
  22. Mar 20, 2017
    The best game on PS4 by far! A few improvements on the PS3 version: the jobtriggers spread around the map can't be triggered by accident anymore.

Also online this game is very fun to play, though other players can still ruin the fun by being a prick. And jobs made by users in the job creator are sometimes overlooked, they can be pretty fun to play! Rockstar should improve on the job

Rockstar should improve on the job creator instead of ignoring the flaws. For instance you still can't use parachutes in races in GTA mode! And if you lock a race to one specific car players can still use other customized cars.

Also there are still no wild animals in online mode, why are there no deers and mountain lions to hunt? And why can't our character hang on ledges anymore, like he used to do in previous GTA games?

Still GTA V is a great game with an eye for the small details: footprints in wet sand, car ventilators work after the motor gets overheated etc. And there are plenty of updates which bring new cars and game modes to keep us going untill the next GTA game will come out!
  23. Nov 3, 2017
    One of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever? No it isn't. This game is so overrated. This is the most disappointing Grand Theft Auto ever and people say Grand Theft Auto 4 was a huge disappointment. The critics and fans were lying. I love Grand Theft Auto 4 to bits.

There are many things that are sublime about the game such as the fantastic graphics and sound, improving on many mechanics and technical aspects over the previous Grand Theft Auto, the various somewhat enjoyable activities and its culturally relevant satire.

Where it all falls down was the story, soundtrack and gameplay. This game has the most uninteresting main characters out of all the Grand Theft Auto series. This is NOT a joke. I didn't like Michael, Franklin and Trevor at all.

The gameplay and story was THE MOST boring out of all the beloved series. A massive emphasis on exploring the whole of Los Santos to uncover activities and buildings made the game boring. The stats system shouldn't have been brought back.

The soundtrack is awful apart from Non-Stop Pop and Los Santos Rock Radio.

Rockstar changed WAY too much of what the series was beloved and innovative for. The online was unbalanced as hell and modding makes the online mode so worthless. So many updates and new modes nearly every few months. The use of microtransactions wasn't needed at all as Grand Theft Auto 4 had massive multiplayer options and can use your money from Offline Mode.

If you are a huge fan of the GTA franchise like I am, skip it and play something else.
  24. Apr 6, 2015
    Gta 5 is a good game but it is extremely overrated. The fact this game is getting perfect scores is ridiculous. The story and characters are great but the gameplay is clunky. The graphics are decent but nothing special. The 3rd person shooting is mediocre at best.
  25. Feb 10, 2015
    The production values, story, characters, and the ability to get an accurate pulse on pop culture have always been what the GTAs have had going for them, yet I could never get into them due to terrible and boring mission structure and sub par gameplay. When this one came out with a new first person mode combined with a more forgiving checkpoint system I thought it might finally be time toThe production values, story, characters, and the ability to get an accurate pulse on pop culture have always been what the GTAs have had going for them, yet I could never get into them due to terrible and boring mission structure and sub par gameplay. When this one came out with a new first person mode combined with a more forgiving checkpoint system I thought it might finally be time to hop on board. Well, for a while it was enough. It had never been better. Sadly though,the one-two punch of boring-as-f*ck and touchy missions and a lack of anything to do other than those boring missions (unless you want to play a sh*tty tennis game or something) eventually brought my time with it to an end. Even with the improvements, the biggest glaring issue is even more glaring- it's just not fun at all to play Expand
  26. Feb 2, 2015
    This is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with newThis is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with new multi-character system but too short for me. Shooter mechanics is okay and challenging if you turn off auto aim. (but don't expect RDR or GTA 4 mechanics) Game world is huge. But after 3 hours of gameplay it feels lifeless. Game map has no role on game progression. All parts of map are accessible. Almost all vehicles are presented from beginning of the game. And there is no more "i'll unlock other side of the map" motivation. Last and disappointing part of the game is driving mechanics. I think Rockstar tried to grab NFS and Midnight Club players with new car physics but i am out their scope. This game has too many casual design elements when compared to old GTA games. Non of these elements bothered me except driving. Driving the fastest car of the game nearly feels same as driving the slowest one (steering experience). If you're not obsessed with old game mechanics like I am, i guarantee you'll enjoy with this high quality experience. Expand
  27. Jun 4, 2015
    My second purchse of this epic crime masterpiece. What else can I say that hasn't already been said. How can you improve on perfection? You can't this game is flawlessly executed on every level. All the enhancements are immediately noticeable from the get go and the additional addons, collectables etc are add to the experience. The transferablility of your online progress worksMy second purchse of this epic crime masterpiece. What else can I say that hasn't already been said. How can you improve on perfection? You can't this game is flawlessly executed on every level. All the enhancements are immediately noticeable from the get go and the additional addons, collectables etc are add to the experience. The transferablility of your online progress works without a hitch. I've 100%'d this game twice now and no I'm going to play through the story a couple more times. Expand
  28. Dec 30, 2014
    A very solid game, the first person is a great addition and adds more fun to the game, also having the ability to play as an animal is great, my problem is that first person can be wonky when running, but it's still good
  29. Feb 22, 2015
    GTA V on the Playstation 4 has got more features and superior graphics. Fantastic looks and plays.
    First-person mode transmits new sensations and it's really great. Masterpiece.
  30. Apr 16, 2015
    I'm not really sure where to begin with a game like Grand Theft Auto 5. To say it's a masterpiece is an understatement, if anything. The story is incredibly well written, the game looks absolutely amazing, and it plays like a dream. The world is incredibly open and immersive, with so many things to do, see, and experience, and it easily makes this one of the best games I think I have everI'm not really sure where to begin with a game like Grand Theft Auto 5. To say it's a masterpiece is an understatement, if anything. The story is incredibly well written, the game looks absolutely amazing, and it plays like a dream. The world is incredibly open and immersive, with so many things to do, see, and experience, and it easily makes this one of the best games I think I have ever played.

I'd say that the biggest component of this game would easily be the single player story mode. Unlike other Grand Theft Auto games, where you would play a single character throughout the game mode, Grand Theft Auto V differs in the fact that you're able to play one of 3 different characters (An upper class ex-con by the name of Michael, a gang member living in the slums of Los Santos going by the name of Franklin, and a drug and gun runner by the name of Trevor) and you get to play through the story of how they killed a lot of people, made a lot of money, and made a lot of enemies. It sounds like a weird concept to start off with, but this helps to increase the immersivity immensely, as you've got several characters weaving around the story and changing from and because of it.

Another thing to help immerse the player even further is the amount of detail that was put into every part of the world. Not just in terms of graphics, but almost everything that comprises the world. Every single radio station has its specific set of hosts, every car has its specific way that it handles, and with the addition of the new First Person mechanic (which is a little iffy, in all honesty) adds a whole new level to that. You can see the radio station in the car, you can see your character pull up his cell phone whenever you use it, you can see your character flip the bird whilst driving down the highway, and it helps to further how much you are being put into this world. There are even phone numbers for various people within the world (celebrities, realtors, just about anyone and everyone) which you can actually call and interact with. You can go to a myriad of different websites and use them as though they were a real site (my personal favorite is the Republican Space Rangers website, which contains an actual 30 minute long cartoon). It's one thing to talk about how a game plays and whether or not you like the characters, but the amount of painstaking detail in this game alone is making me enjoy it even more.

Another good thing about the game is that you can see how your actions affect the world around you, in some way or another. There's a mission in the campaign where Michael ends up destroying a house, and the house will still be there, utterly destroyed. Missions where Franklin carries out hits for another main character in the game, Lester show effects in terms of news articles detailing how the person was recently found dead. Not only that, but these hits also affect the stock price of whichever company the person was in charge of. That's right, a freaking stock market! There's one for the single player mode, and another that's controlled real-time by members of Rockstar's Social Club.

Considering that the majority of people playing this game are more than likely to be young adults, I think it works perfectly. There are a lot of references to and parodies of events that are happening every day, all around us. Whether it's highlighting corruption in the higher ups of the police force (the FIB and the IAA doing unspeakable things to get more money for their departments) or a jab at the recent controversy with police and race relations (some cars have 'Obey and Survive' put on the side of their car, Franklin gets targeted by police more than his Caucasian counterparts, etc.). It provides an interesting, sometimes comedic and sometimes insanely dark look into the world around us. Sometimes it provides a more political statement (the race relations, drug legalization, so on) and other times it's the same old Grand Theft Auto, in which you steal cars, blow some stuff up, and go to a strip club.

To say that this game is a masterpiece is an understatement, and if I'm being completely honest it's without a doubt one of, if not THE best game I have ever played.
  31. Dec 1, 2015
    Grand theft auto V what can be said this game will go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time. I'm not going into detail about the story as it will take forever. But all the other things I will talk about. You can literally do almost anything in this game. skydiving, golf, tennis, flying, boating, swimming, hiking, biking, hunting, shopping, and the other GTA like thingsGrand theft auto V what can be said this game will go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time. I'm not going into detail about the story as it will take forever. But all the other things I will talk about. You can literally do almost anything in this game. skydiving, golf, tennis, flying, boating, swimming, hiking, biking, hunting, shopping, and the other GTA like things like visit clubs, rob and kill people. The weapons handle better, the cars are way better than the iffy handling of GTA IV and the world is so much cooler, The pack streets and suburbs of los santos the rolling dunes and lakes of sandy shores and MT Chilliad and finally the small town of paleto bay every environment is shown off in stunning 1080p. The characters are the best ever besides the 3 main characters my favorites are Lamar, Lester and Ron. Overall GTA V is a classic and if you haven't played please do. Expand
  32. Dec 7, 2015
    Just amazing. Story mode is really good, and the secundary missions are awesome. The online is really good too. Just amazing! The grafics are very well done.
  33. Jun 16, 2017
    Removing mods is the worst. Literally unplayable. So much hate coming their way now. They took a beloved game and absolutely ruined it by banning mods.
  34. Jul 9, 2015
    City is really beautiful, story is nothing new but surprisingly OK. Main missions are somehow fun to play but problem is that without fast travel you somehow drive around all the time just to arrive to mission point. Side missions are totally pointless and boring. They are like jogging around block, beat up somebody, driving people around, making really boring conversations with freaks andCity is really beautiful, story is nothing new but surprisingly OK. Main missions are somehow fun to play but problem is that without fast travel you somehow drive around all the time just to arrive to mission point. Side missions are totally pointless and boring. They are like jogging around block, beat up somebody, driving people around, making really boring conversations with freaks and so on. So, fun to play main story, but can skip side missions! And not to forget... Prepare to drive with worst controls in gaming history. Driving car is ridiculously bad and there is no settings to fix that! Expand
  35. Nov 26, 2014
    While overall a good release of an existing modern classic, it needed more optimisation. The frame drops while driving fast cars in the city are almost constant on the PS4, and since that's one of the main activities in the game more people should really have called them out on it.
  36. Feb 15, 2015
    Bought this game on my PS3 and then PS4, definitely worth the repurchase. Enjoyed playing through the whole story again with nicer graphics and new features. One of my favorite games.
  37. Mar 29, 2015
    So yea, easily the weakest release in the GTA series (barring the first two of course, can't compare 2D to 3D). Rockstar wasted precious development time making sure stubble grows on faces, and cops correctly profile people, and a myriad of other useless crap. They gutted the single player experience and let only a hollow shell of what is used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gameSo yea, easily the weakest release in the GTA series (barring the first two of course, can't compare 2D to 3D). Rockstar wasted precious development time making sure stubble grows on faces, and cops correctly profile people, and a myriad of other useless crap. They gutted the single player experience and let only a hollow shell of what is used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and all, but like I said, easily the worst GTA so far, SO MUCH was missing from single player, and the online was a lethargic cluster-f*ck at best. Expand
  38. Nov 20, 2014
    Replaying this game made me realise how important the little things are in games. And GTA5 has tons and tons of little things. Replaying the story was like playing it the first time, with serious moments and hilarious moments. This is one of the best games on the PS4 and if you missed out the first time it is a must have! Even if you are a returning player like me it is an amazing game.Replaying this game made me realise how important the little things are in games. And GTA5 has tons and tons of little things. Replaying the story was like playing it the first time, with serious moments and hilarious moments. This is one of the best games on the PS4 and if you missed out the first time it is a must have! Even if you are a returning player like me it is an amazing game. The new features and graphics add a whole new dimension of immersion and it is worth revisiting the lively world of Los Santos Expand
  39. Nov 21, 2014
    10/10 every game of every kind should be done with the same care.
    Pro: Perfect
    Con: nothing

10/10 ogni gioco di ogni genere dovrebbe essere fatto con la stessa cura
  40. Jan 22, 2015
    Amazing game! If this is your first time playing this, IGNORE all those negative reviews about this being a re-release. Those people are basically being SELFISH and not thinking about the people who've never played this game before by giving it a low rating...what are they expecting from replaying a game they already played on the PS3?! No one told them to buy a remaster edition. Are theyAmazing game! If this is your first time playing this, IGNORE all those negative reviews about this being a re-release. Those people are basically being SELFISH and not thinking about the people who've never played this game before by giving it a low rating...what are they expecting from replaying a game they already played on the PS3?! No one told them to buy a remaster edition. Are they expecting it to be GTA 5.5?

I never had a PS3, went straight to PS4. If you've never played GTA5 before either then this is the one game you need to get for your PS4! If you like this sort of genre that is.

In addition to the PS3 version, this one also has a first person mode and updated graphics, and a few additional side missions.
  41. Feb 15, 2015
    Rarely do games ever reach this scope of excellence. Actually, I can't think of any game that has come this close to perfection. The most fun I've ever had on both consoles.
  42. Feb 27, 2015
    Simply the best looking game so far on the PS4. Tight controls, so basically playing GTA5 on the PS4 is a blast. I say it's a given buy if you haven't played it already on PS3/360, and still worth buying if you have. I hope for more titles on par with the mechanics of this game.
  43. Dec 3, 2014
    Having not played GTA 5 on last-gen consoles, I went into the PS4 version completely fresh. I had seen a few friends play here and there, but never delved into any details of the story until now. I can definitely say I'm glad I waited.

Now, by not having played the last-gen GTA 5, I can't really compare the graphics too much. There are plenty of image and video comparisons out there. And from what I've seen, the overhaul seems quite extensive. At any rate, the game is gorgeous on PS4. There are times when I'm walking around that I find myself stopping because of how real everything looks. I can't imagine what PC modders will do with their version when it releases. I imagine near photo-realistic if not photo-realistic fidelity. Rockstar says the game is locked at 30fps but there are definitely a few hiccups. It's definitely not Unity-bad by any means, but high speed chases/racing and traffic clutter and explosions can cause a few frames to drop. Most of the time, though, it is a pretty consistent 30fps. Think Assassin's Creed: Black Flag consistency.

At first, the thought of juggling three main characters in one story seemed overwhelming. But after playing for a few hours and realizing how seamless it was to jump between them all, I'm glad they made this decision instead of going into separate DLC chapters in the vein of GTA 4. The story itself is amazing, but I wasn't surprised. Rockstar has a reputation by now, and I didn't expect it to dwindle with GTA 5. The cutscenes, voice acting, and animation are all top notch. You know you have a riveting world and story when you're telling yourself "just one more mission" before bed to see what kind of crazy event is going to happen next. I find myself doing just that, much akin to my over zealous netflix tv show binges.

The biggest pull for me, though (and I'm sure for many other people who had already played GTA 5 on last-gen consoles) is the first-person mode. When this feature was debuted, all I could think about was "Oh my god, it's basically modern day Skyrim!". And...it really is. The attention to detail on all of the animations and movement really sells it. It doesn't feel like GTA with first person. It feels like a completely different game. And I love that about it. I will say, however, that getting used to the sensitivity and controls in first-person mode requires a little patience. I suppose I'm spoiled by Destiny and Call of Duty at this point, but the aiming and movement in first-person feels floaty, and I still haven't completely nailed it down yet. Thankfully, sticky-targeting still works in this mode though. And I will probably just continue to rely on that.

You're probably wondering why I'm scoring a 9 instead of a 10, given all the praise. Well, while the single-player I feel is near flawless, the GTA Online aspect is less than so. When GTA 5 was first released on last-gen consoles, I had heard about the GTA Online woes. The glitches, the crashing, and the long load times were just a few of the things people were complaining about, and it seems they have migrated over to this version as well. I, myself, experienced three instances of complete game freezing and two instances of network or disconnection errors just the other night. It can be frustrating, especially when the load times are so long. After the last error I ended up calling it a night, mostly because I didn't want to sit at the loading screen for another 10 minutes. When it does work, however, it works well. Lag is hardly ever an issue, and there is much to do and a lot of fun to be had while doing it. Rockstar just needs to get a bit more stability in place, and GTA Online (and GTA 5 as a whole) will be perfect.
  44. Jul 12, 2015
    A huge game. I mean, it's been about 6 years since GTA IV for a reason. The map is gigantic, although I have to admit many other games are close (if not the same or more) in size. The storyline is probably the longest I have ever played. When I say all of this, I'm not counting the previous GTA games, for the record. Although the story isn't a masterpiece, it's still well-written, and oneA huge game. I mean, it's been about 6 years since GTA IV for a reason. The map is gigantic, although I have to admit many other games are close (if not the same or more) in size. The storyline is probably the longest I have ever played. When I say all of this, I'm not counting the previous GTA games, for the record. Although the story isn't a masterpiece, it's still well-written, and one of the best of all time (for video games). Then there's the amazing open world experience. It's like living a real life (but, please, focus on the actual real life more). I'm not much of a fan of the fact that the game encourages you to be gangster, however at least you are not forced to. But, seriously, the game is in many ways twisted and sick. However, the majority of the game is too fun to not avoid. Expand
  45. Apr 11, 2015
    WOW. I cant get over how incredible this game is. From the gorgeous (but not 60 fps) setting to the well crafted and detailed new story and world, from the robust and varied multiplayer mode, this game is a must-have for every console gamer.

1. The Story: I love the switching between the three major characters, Michael, Trever, And Franklin. Each one has their own unique story, and in making the story follow each character, all the missions are fun and varied (except for a few duds revolving around a pier) and I actually played a few over again to try and get all gold missions. The heists are by far the best part of the single player mode, and in multiplayer s well! The side missions are fun as well, and there's so many activities, like golfing or racing, that you can get lost in the game, which is something all good games should aim for. While not as good as Red Dead Redemptions story, this is definitely one of the best Open World stories in a while.

2. The Setting: Los Santos is by far the most expansive and diverse world ever created in video games. The insane detail is put in every part of the map, and the game is just so beautifully realized. Having spent most of my life living in LA, its insane how much effort Rockstar went to create a video game form of it. From the depths of the ocean, with orcas and dolphins and kelp forests, to the awesome and realistic vehicles, to every part of the map, this setting is amazing. If GTA 4's Liberty City felt like a living city, GTA 5's Los Santos feels like a living WORLD. And the in game radio stations are fantastic as well.

3. Multiplayer: While I see multiplayer as a bonus, many people skip single player altogether to go play with their buddies, which is understandable. Starting off, the much-improved character creation finally makes your characters just like how you want them, unlike its PS3 and 360 counterparts. Again, everything about it is excellent, the game challenges you to level up and unlock new guns, or you can just go and create havoc and start wars with friends or strangers, or skydive with twelve of tour friends and try to land in a swimming pool. The possibilities are endless. The heists are an amazing new addition, and the monthly updates are great. There are many connection issues that spoil multiplayer quite a bit, but its a fun experience nonetheless.

So that's my full review. Almost everything about the game is spot on and perfect, the first person setting is tons of fun, the single player is great, the multiplayer is great, Trevor is great, everything's great. If you don't have this, Get it. NOW!!!!!!
  46. Jun 17, 2017
    Shut down modding because the 4th best selling game of all time wasn't making enough money. Greed doesn't even begin to cover it; it's best people make a fuss now before it becomes standard practice
  47. Dec 3, 2014
    Very well done, worth every penny, and even played on Xbox 360 I bought for the PS4 and loved, not only received 100 because it was not made by Tornado Corporation SA
  48. Dec 21, 2014
    GTA games are always fun. This one is no exception, however it tends to freeze on missions. Also, you can't pick up things and throw them at anyone anymore. Instead, you run into something to pick it up. For a game thats release was highly anticipated, it didn't disappoint too bad.
  49. Feb 8, 2015
    If you had this for the Xbox 360 or the PS3, don't buy it again. If you have yet to buy it, then I'd strongly urge you to do so. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is pretty seamless, the storyline is good. Numerous twists and turns here and there. There's very little to dislike about this game. The overall experience of the game is great and you should get it.
  50. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Amazing, outstanding, polemic, great argument and plot, memorable characters and most important: unforgettable. Perhaps since RE4, Metroid or even Ocarina i haven´t play a game like this. Some minor slowdowns that does´t affect the brightness. Los Santos is a really nice city that must be explored and lived.
  51. Jun 19, 2017
    Another great game by Rockstar. I do feel the game is a bit overrated though. But it still is fun with the crazy humor and set pieces GTA is known for.
  52. Nov 16, 2018
    The game is really good especially now at the next gen and pc versions with constant updates and generally fun things to do, online may be bad but from the single player experience i choose to give this a 10
  53. Jun 18, 2017
    I do not like this game anymore because the one thing I loved about it is how you can mod it but now Take-Two is stopping people from modding the single player game because a few people are hacking on multiply and cause of that they are not getting their money even know they are going money hand over fist, Take-Two is truly as bad if not worse then Electronic Arts.
  54. Mar 14, 2016
    This is the one game my father actually enjoys playing. Keep in mind, this guy is an all American baby boomer born when President Kennedy was still in office; a man who generally does not enjoy playing and video games of any kind.
  55. Mar 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. yeah this is about the best game I've played
    you can be engaged in anything
    Best GTA series
    and online at all a dream
    probably would have opened a casino in it
  56. Mar 19, 2016
    GTA.at it's finest. This is an amazing experience just thinking about the single player however the multiplayer is just as good in its own way, heists are just awesome when you are in a crew that's working well. This game has it all.
  57. Nov 10, 2018
    This game definitely doesn't deserve a 10.

This is a last-gen port. And sometimes it shows. Sometimes the graphics are great, sometimes it's clear that they could definitely be better, especially the geometry. The game handles much better than previous titles. Voice acting is top notch, some scenes are hilarious. The story is just OK, though. Some missions did feel a bit disjointed.
    This game definitely doesn't deserve a 10.

The game handles much better than previous titles. Voice acting is top notch, some scenes are hilarious. The story is just OK, though. Some missions did feel a bit disjointed. And I didn't really like the characters that much. They're all nuts. I guess Michael is supposed to be the straight(est) man, but even he's a bit much. Characters rant and yell at each other often, it got annoying at times. On the other hand, I loved the story in Chinatown wars. It was hilarious without being nauseatingly psychotic. It was great. I wish a full-fledged console GTA had a story that was in the same style as Chinatown wars.

The biggest problem with the single player is the lack of variety in missions. After San Andreas the series started taking mission types away, which I hated. GTA5 changes things up but the missions still feel a bit underdeveloped. In fact, the entire single player campaign feels kind of underdeveloped. Unique mission types seem a bit too rare and are over with fairly quick. What about buying and selling drugs? I loved that in Chinatown wars. My main complain then is that Rockstar should've brought more elements from previous GTA games and elaborated on them. There're too many standard fare driving missions. Also, money never seemed to be an issue. By the time I got a plane to do money missions it didn't matter, the game was almost over anyways. Add or add more missions in which you use all three characters, fly a jet, jetpack, gathering a posse, buy/sell drugs. And early in the game when money is actually tight. And THEN you work the story in. Story revolves around gameplay, not the other way around!

Of course, their focus now is on multiplayer which is total b.s. I'm not crazy about multiplayer and I sure as hell don't want to play with moronic teenagers. After you pass the game there's little to care about other than multiplayer if you're a teenager. There isn't much hope that GTA or any rockstar game's single player experience will be very evolutionary. It's to be seen if Red Dead Redemption 2's single player will actually be as good or better than the first. Rockstar seems content on being a company that just makes MMO's. But that's where all the kids practically give them a license to print money, so what do we expect?
  58. Jul 13, 2017
    Best controls a GTA game has ever had but still quite bad controls, graphics are sometimes nice sometimes they definitely feel last gen. mission design is often horrific, this is something i can't stand and i always forget just how bad Rockstar is at designing missions. sure they have cinematic value but actually playing them with these bad controls makes it not just a chore but often tooBest controls a GTA game has ever had but still quite bad controls, graphics are sometimes nice sometimes they definitely feel last gen. mission design is often horrific, this is something i can't stand and i always forget just how bad Rockstar is at designing missions. sure they have cinematic value but actually playing them with these bad controls makes it not just a chore but often too difficult to ever try or so time consuming to get to one precision action that its a waste to bother trying. so many mission, so many times, i just killed myself until i got the skip option. that option is the only reason i beat the game at all because it just isn't fun sometimes. and when the game takes up 65 gigs on my hard drive, this earns a fast track to getting deleted and avoiding this company Expand
  59. Mar 30, 2017
    Fabulous game but at late game it may be turn a bit repetitive. Great graphics, great story, an great open world with much things to do, but i felt that it's missing something to the perfection.
  60. Jan 7, 2018
    great game as you would expect from GTA series .... story is great and makes you want play ...online also excellent i spent 110 days in gtao so far and yet i always find something to do thanks to the fact online keeps expanding all the time..great overall experience
  61. Oct 12, 2017
    This game is called Grand Theft Auto 5, this game is a one player game , this game is good because you can drive a lot of different cars and the best thing is that you can change the look of the cars and how they drive, and you can get lots of guns which you can change the look of as well, but to get some guns and some cars you have to buy them to finish the one player game mode, you haveThis game is called Grand Theft Auto 5, this game is a one player game , this game is good because you can drive a lot of different cars and the best thing is that you can change the look of the cars and how they drive, and you can get lots of guns which you can change the look of as well, but to get some guns and some cars you have to buy them to finish the one player game mode, you have to complete all of the missions, and unlock all of the characters in the game. There is an online mode as well, where there is a lot more things to do. You can do the same as the one player game mode, but you can play races with the other the people that are online and they don’t have to be your friend, the races can be in planes or in boats. You can play team battles where you can have a person with a rocket launcher in a battle with a plane. But in online you have to buy your own houses which you can change the look of, and your own garages which you can change the look of which can be a lot of money like one million in game money, you can buy yacht that you can also change the look of and there are missions which you can do online so that you can get more money to buy more items like cars and guns. Expand
  62. Feb 21, 2018
    one of the best games on the PS4 for sure. Great gameplay, maybe graphics could have been better, but it's still great
  63. Jul 5, 2018
    The worst **** game ever made. I hope the developers choke on their food. **** awful in every aspect possible. Driving, combat, missions, etc. Absolutely overrated.
  64. Nov 21, 2018
    Even though I don't own a ps4 I at least have it on the xbox one nothing different other than graphics. gta 5 is an outstanding open world game and seeing the transition form gta 4 was a major change and this is one of rockstar's best game so far along side with san andreas, chinatown wars, etc. For a game that was released in 2013 it has been heavily detailed. The cars function to almostEven though I don't own a ps4 I at least have it on the xbox one nothing different other than graphics. gta 5 is an outstanding open world game and seeing the transition form gta 4 was a major change and this is one of rockstar's best game so far along side with san andreas, chinatown wars, etc. For a game that was released in 2013 it has been heavily detailed. The cars function to almost real life cars. and seeing los santos in a higher resolution with updated graphics is a treat and honestly this one of my favorite game on the xbox one. However the only cons I would give it is that the gta online system is broken and unfair plus the story mode while interesting and fun but the plot is boring and forget able but other than that gta 5 is still a great game up to this day it has a lot of replay value Expand
  65. Nov 17, 2018
    Perfect online, perfect history, what can I say ? its a rockstar game .....
  66. Nov 12, 2018
    one of the greatest games of all time. rockstar studio became my favorite developer after his
  67. Nov 26, 2018
    GTA V is a great single player experience, with all the kinds of things you'd expect from a Grand Theft Auto game. It was one of the most anticipated games at release, and still to this day the best selling videogame of all time (as of November 26th, 2018).
    The shooting mechanics feel updated and improved compared to previous titles, the story is absolutely well written and interesting, so much so that for the first time on a GTA game I wanted to finish the main story before exploring the world; the introduction of first person mode was a good idea, even though poorly executed.
    Now what's the deal with my score, why doesn't this classic game deserve a ten in my opinion? One word: multiplayer.
  68. Dec 1, 2018
    Great game, good story, amazing gameplay, nice graphics but the multiplayer could have been better organized... especially on release.
  69. Nov 19, 2014
    So GTAV doesn't live up to the hype, but it's still a good game. The problem is it isn't worth $60, and that's a major difference. Wait for a Black Friday sale before buying this.
  70. Nov 24, 2014
    I can't believe this game scored a 97. What the **** are these "critics" smoking?? Skyrim gets a 92, Far Cry 4 gets an 88, and effin' GTA gets a 97?! That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen..
  71. Jan 7, 2015
    It's pretty much the same game as the one we got in 2013 but I am not complaining. I've played through the campaign maybe three/four times in total and have sunk a couple of hundred ours into it in on PS3 and PS4 combined. Admittedly this time round I was starting to get bored of the story but the gameplay felt great as ever. First-person mode is a nice touch but doesn't add much in theIt's pretty much the same game as the one we got in 2013 but I am not complaining. I've played through the campaign maybe three/four times in total and have sunk a couple of hundred ours into it in on PS3 and PS4 combined. Admittedly this time round I was starting to get bored of the story but the gameplay felt great as ever. First-person mode is a nice touch but doesn't add much in the way of immersion, especially when the mocap for the three protagonists is so detailed and smooth and this is primarily why I stick to third-person.

Antialiasing has improved significantly. I have a 720p television and I'm sure on a 1080p set it would look even crisper. FPS drops unfortunately occur in some of the busier parts of the city if you are driving super fast but this is not a regular occurrence. There is a fair amount of pop-in (sometimes) but nothing terrible, I hardly notice it now.

The most exciting thing about GTA V is the detail of the world and that is something best left for you to discover yourself. There is so much to do here besides the campaign so you won't be short of activities for many, many hours. I fail to see why Rockstar is pushing GTA Online as heavily as they are. Online is good fun but it lacks all the subtle touches of the main game.
  72. Dec 4, 2014
    Not enough new content to merit full new-game price.

Rockstar could have offered a discount for people who already bought this the first time it was launched for the full $60 dollar price tag, but decided not to. Other companies have offered deals with new-gen launches where you could get the new platform edition for $10, Rockstar did not offer this. Still no heist mode in
    Not enough new content to merit full new-game price.

Still no heist mode in multiplayer, it was supposed to be added a month after the first release and they never did it.

Again you really shouldn't buy this if you already played through GTA V on another system, it isn't worth paying full price all over again for what is essentially the same product you bought before. They didn't even TRY to make this an expanded edition, it is just a re-skin with maybe 5 bucks worth of DLC tacked on.
  73. Dec 3, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is a very good and fun sand box game that allows you to roam the world freely.
    Steal cars,boats,bikes, helicopters and planes, steal money or shoot down everyone you see and having the cops chase after you is fun. But i feel that that it is more fun than follow the story.

When i play a story mission i drive a car from point A to point B, and then i watch a cutscene, then i drive to another location so i can watch another cutscene. The sandbox simulation of game is more of a game than the actual game. If i want to watch a movie than i go watch a movie. GTA for me has allways been like. you steal a car, you run over a bunch of people, you get stars so the cops will come after you, you try to do everything in your power to not get killed or busted. Thats it! the story does not matter. GTA is fun when you feel that you want to mess with stuff. GTA V is just like every GTA game ever made.
  74. Nov 21, 2014
    8.7 out of 10.

8.7 out of 10.

It's the same ol' GTA5 we all know and love (or hate) with a few new features/improvements thrown in. The most notable new feature is the first-person perspective mode which is very entertaining. But to be honest, the first-person mode doesn't have controls as tight as a standard FPS....it's more of a bonus than a selling point for the game. I also must admit I've yet to play the online mode of this particular port of GTA5, so if it sucks or is laggy I wouldn't know.

The graphics are considerably better than previous-gen versions of this game, but there is still some noticeable pop-up and pop-in from time to time. Which has been an ongoing thing with pretty much every GTA game since GTAIII, so most GTA fans won't care. Also, any people who have already decided they don't like the GTA series based on the gameplay and somewhat repetitive nature of the missions will NOT be won over by this game.

However, I still recommend this game if you do love the series and want to play the best incarnation of it yet. Especially if you never played it on previous-gen consoles.
  75. Nov 19, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 (Remastered), like the original on PS3, is a brilliant and phenomenal game. It contains everything the former game had, and so much more.

PROS: ~The new features such as First-Person mode, the added population density, fauna, and animals make Los Santos more in-depth and immersive than ever. I very much enjoy the added animations and skins added for first person

PROS:

~The new features such as First-Person mode, the added population density, fauna, and animals make Los Santos more in-depth and immersive than ever. I very much enjoy the added animations and skins added for first person mode, such as new cell phone animations and vehicle interiors (that include working speedometer, tachometer, radio screen, etc)
    ~The online mode has been improved and has a lot of substance to it. I enjoyed designing my character and playing online with a friend. It is very immersive, almost like another complete game in its own
    ~The graphic and physics/movements are extremely crisp and vivid. Characters in cutscenes look life-like.
    ~The lighting is very well done - the way sunlight reflects off buildings and the way streetlights reflect off of rain puddles is amazing
    ~Added some cars and guns to the already large selection
    ~Rockstar Social Club allows you to design some cool stuff for your online "Crew".
    ~Vehicle damage seems to have gotten even more accurate and in-depth
    ~A large amount of new material, overall. Not just a rehash and re-release

CONS:

~In first person mode while in a car, the rearview and sideview mirrors do not work correctly. They look blurry and distorted
    ~I have noticed very slight texture pop-in on some buildings while driving (probably happened twice in 10 hours of gameplay)
    ~You are required to complete the GTA Online Tutorial before you are allowed to invite friends or join up with friends online. So, if you click "SKIP", you will be forced to delete your character and re-create him/her. (Could not find any way to re-do the tutorial)

Overall, I would recommend this game, even if you have already played it on the previous generation of systems. GTA V is a masterpiece of a game, and with this remastered version, Rockstar has made it even better somehow.
  76. Dec 1, 2014
    Money Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly forMoney Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly for your $50+ you could be playing something else that captures your interest a heck of a lot more. Pass on this one guys, and lets hope GTA6 will bring something original and new to the franchise because frankly its over played. Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2014
    Game truthfully isn't worthy all the hype. The story is not intriguing in any which way, and the Online mode is simply not useable. Since the game has been out, I have spent 2/3rd of my time in online mode simply attempting to connect with my friends. Whenever I finally do get in a game with them (rare occasion) I usually time -out quickly after. Shooting without the Aim Sight on isGame truthfully isn't worthy all the hype. The story is not intriguing in any which way, and the Online mode is simply not useable. Since the game has been out, I have spent 2/3rd of my time in online mode simply attempting to connect with my friends. Whenever I finally do get in a game with them (rare occasion) I usually time -out quickly after. Shooting without the Aim Sight on is extremely difficult, but shooting with it on gives the game no point from the shooting aspect. The driving part of the game, although decent, is not enough to make the game worthy of $60 and the graphics are not enough of an upgrade to make one switch from Ps3 to Ps4. First Person mode is simply incompetent. All in all, overly hyped and overly rated. Expand
  78. Dec 5, 2014
    If you loved GTA 5 on previous gen, then you are going to love it on current gen - it really is as simple as that. There frankly isn't that much more to say.

What are you getting? Well of course there are the enhanced visuals, the added missions and extra players in multiplayer (when it works mind you) - but there are so many little things. The cars all sound a bit different, some quite a lot so in fact... they sound a bit more real. The extra songs on all of the radio stations are a nice touch and being able to see the INSANE level of detail in first person mode is frankly worthy of buying the game.

Everything just feels in a way, how it should have, on last gen - it feels right. Nothing has changed with the story or the characters from what you would have played last gen. It is a really nice touch to be able to import your multiplayer character from any platform (I came from X360) and the added character detail really help - it showed just how freaky my character actually looked.

Really there is not a lot more to say. The negatives? Well if I had to nit pick - it is the same game just better.., and now and then the frame rate dips a tad.... oh and it annoys me that I cannot set my default car view to 3rd person and my walking to 1st.... but perhaps I have missed something.

At the end of the day - if you want a fantastic open world on new gen to lose yourself in, get this. You will not regret it.
  79. Dec 5, 2014
    By far the best GTA game to date. Compared to previous games in the series I'd say the overall experience is less frustrating than it has been in the past. Best balanced single player they made till now. Controls could have been a bit better out of the box cause not all the uses of the controller make that much sense.

The PS4 boosts the best graphics for GTA V. Obviously the buying

The PS4 boosts the best graphics for GTA V. Obviously the buying reasons are less if you already owned an XB0X 360 or PS3 copy but that's logical and not a good reason to downrate it. No doubt bound to be one of the must have PS4 games until GTA VI hits the shelves.
  80. Mar 18, 2015
    although i adore grand theft auto, this left me a bit unsatisfied. i was genuinely expecting more from this game. don't wanna say gta V is bad, for me it just doesn't deserve to be scored a 97, really overrated. still can't wait for pc version!
  81. Jun 21, 2017
    A great game ruined by a greedy and short sighted publisher. We are not your "wood to chop", Sir. We are your fans, your customers, the people who keep your company afloat by buying your products and this is a slap in the face to every PC gamer. I won't be buying any more of your games if this is the way you do business.
  82. Nov 20, 2014
    Anyone who gives this game a 10/10 is either insane, is being paid by Rockstar, is about 12 years old or has never played any other game before. It is without doubt the most disappointing game of all time and a 6/10 at absolute best and the scores the 'critics' have given it just proves the fact that they are not worth reading.

Good - Not very much, but the 3 characters are well

Good - Not very much, but the 3 characters are well designed and the map itself is adequate in size. The overall gameplay is solid and there is definitely some fun to be had with some of the set piece missions standing out in particular.

Bad - Where to start? No ambient hiests, severe, almost criminal lack of interiors, no character progression, development or empire building of any kind, unable to buy houses, unable to enter owned businesses (lack of interiors!), awful, awful story, only around 30% of the map is actually used for anything useful, the frined 'like' % has been ditched so doing any activity with any other character is pointless, the girlfriend system is awful, unfinished concepts (Trevors meth business) and in general just terrible design decisions everywhere. There is a total lack of anything meanignful to do in this game; I mean ist all well and good being able to play golf but where are things like dealing etc that can be used to run a criminal empire?

Verdict - The most overrated, overhyped game ever made which is a shame because it could, and should have been great. If you like driving around aimlessly with the option to play a pointless minigame this could be the game for you. If you have a brain though, you will be left bitterly disappointed by an average game thats a 6/10 (generous) and one of the worst games in the GTa series, FACT.
  83. Apr 22, 2015
    Same thing as the ps3 version, which is to say: An empty boring game. People could sit here emotionless and list all the "features" of the game they want, theirs just 1 problem: none of it is any fun to do. GTA 4 was better... period.
  84. Dec 14, 2014
    This is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honestThis is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honest though the reason I gave this a bad review is almost entirely the online multiplayer aspect of the game. GTA 5's Online game play is a joke when it even works! Trying to play with an open server i suffered through constant network errors and disconnects until finally getting it to work somewhat reliably in a private game with some friends. GTA V online is purely designed as a cheap cash grab gimmick. it lets you steal and test drive any available car in the game but if you want to permanently own most of the nicer more expensive cars you have to spend large sums of in game money to purchase them from a web app on your in game phone. In order to make the money you can do in game missions which take you to separate instances away from the main online server OR you can spend real money to buy in game cash. If you find a really nice car you like driving and you load into a mission instance the car disappears and you have to go find it again elsewhere which i suspect is an intentional aspect of the game to trick people into spending more real money so they can keep the car without loosing it. If you think about it the sole purpose of the missions is to grind for money so that you can buy the cars in the game so spending real money to buy the cars defeats the purpose of playing the online multiplayer at all. The missions instances employ unnecessary and annoying loading screens and menu navigation. The last GTA game i played and enjoyed was San Andreas where you could do missions like Vigilante by just hopping in a police car and then driving around chasing down criminals. I loved that, not this mission hub garbage. In the 4-5 hour span of time i played i only tried one race mission but it didn't let me use my car, instead it forced me to use a preselected car for the race / track that was the same care the other people racing with me had to use. If you are going to buy this game buy it for the story but save your money and don't buy into the online multiplayer gimmick. If your looking for a fun game to play with your friends look elsewhere. Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2014
    Don't entirely trust the pro reviews. If you like games with challenging gameplay, that actually require skills and smart decisions from you, don't buy this game. GTA V is a game for mindless people, where you don't have to think at all or perform well to complete the missions. It's more like a interactive movie. If you're a casual gamer and you like movies like "The Hangover", or if youDon't entirely trust the pro reviews. If you like games with challenging gameplay, that actually require skills and smart decisions from you, don't buy this game. GTA V is a game for mindless people, where you don't have to think at all or perform well to complete the missions. It's more like a interactive movie. If you're a casual gamer and you like movies like "The Hangover", or if you just want to relax, this might be a good choice, but if not, I repeat: Don't entirely trust in the reviews that are giving like 10/10 or 9/10. I would give it a 7.7 at the most Expand
  86. Nov 19, 2014
    I kind of struggled through the story on Ps3 ( Michael,is a dbag ), and the immense amount of similarities,with previous titles. True, its bigger, more beautiful and with a lot more mini-games (if you are into that) but to me it got old fast.. Its a personal matter i,suppose, Ive simply played too much Gta in the passed and this is just the same thing again.
    The upgrade , therefore,
    The upgrade , therefore, doesnt score any more points than a review on the ps3-version would.
  87. Nov 19, 2014
    How someone could write a negative review is beyond me. I had the game on 360 and I picked it up for my PS4 also. The first person makes the game feel more alive as you are now eye level with the populace of Los Santos. It really adds a new feeling of always needing to check your surroundings. In some cases, such as diving out of a car, exiting a vehicle that has been submerged or gettingHow someone could write a negative review is beyond me. I had the game on 360 and I picked it up for my PS4 also. The first person makes the game feel more alive as you are now eye level with the populace of Los Santos. It really adds a new feeling of always needing to check your surroundings. In some cases, such as diving out of a car, exiting a vehicle that has been submerged or getting hit by a car, this can be disorienting, but that is part of what makes first person realistic. the textures are awesome, the damage to the vehicles, the inside of the vehicles, the clothing, the cracks in the streets, the thugs standing on the corner smoking cigarettes and following you with their gaze over the tops of their sunglasses as you walk by. Gives a whole new meaning to constantly looking over your shoulder in a game. The game is hands down amazing - sure the aiming is a little rough but you really need to adjust the controls to make it a little more like ghost recon or whatever. Expand
  88. Nov 19, 2014
    Game blows me away. Picked it up last night by trading Destiny and getting 20% off etc... Got it for 15 bucks. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Anyway wow. The game is great. I cant believe it but there is some great graphical improvements over the first. The water looks amazing and they definitely sharpened some smaller details. I think these small things certainly make the already great game even better.
    Another small thing that is small but makes the experience more enjoyable is the Dual-shock 4 features, from flashing rend and blue during cop chases to police radios and phone calls coming through your controller. I love it, sometimes it make you jump and say what the f*ck when you are playing but whatever.

The new first person feature is pretty cool, to me its nothing amazing. It is not bad for gun fights or just walking around although there are some minor bugs that could be patched. Driving cars on the other hand is nearly impossible. There is little to almost no way of keeping the car somewhat on the road. They should also make the side mirrors reflect everything behind you. It would make it easier to drive and add realism.
    One thing they did really well was the focus during gun fights. the graphics look really cinematic in first person and the zoom ability to be able to look down iron sights adds to it greatly.
    Although I do not love this feature it is okay, it does not make or break the game for me and it shouldn't for you. I mostly don't like it and don't mind not using it because I am used to GTA being third person along with all other games similar.

As far is the story goes, I like it. Unlike the other reviews here saying its horrible and you cannot follow it, you can. It is not hard to follow at all... It isn't anything gripping or amazing it is meant to be more entertaining and that it is. I laughed my ass off a few times already and i'm sure ill have many more laughs to come especially online with my friends. Oh and lets be honest, I do not play the game for the story I play it to cause mayhem and make the experience great for myself and I am sure i'm not the only one. So make the best of the game think of things you can do to make it great.

As far as online goes I am yet to play it on PS4. I will today with my buddy and ill be sure to update everyone.

Overall the game is amazing and it packs a lot of fun in a small package. Solo is great with or without the story. Graphics are improved. Some small bugs but nothing major. I would recommend the game to anyone. It gets two thumbs up from me. I will be doing a video review soon on my channel in about 4-5 days so I get more gameplay and footage. My channel is the same as my name here.
  89. Nov 20, 2014
    What's not to like! Honestly, you can read all the negative reviews and see for yourself they're all bs. If you liked any of the previous GTA titles, trust me this is 100% worth buying.
  90. Jan 16, 2017
    I've completed many open world games like Mafia 1-3, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, but never a single GTA (3,4 and now 5). This is the last straw. The only reason i played this is cos of the hype, as it's always in the top 10 best sellers, and a lot of people are raving about it. Wanted to know what the hype is and after playing almost halfway, I just don't get it.

Things I didn't like:

Things I didn't like:
    1. Horrible gunplay. Aiming is a chore (i turned off aim assist as i always do in all shooters), damage seems to be unrealistic, i'm almost invulnerable. One shot kills are so easy. Didnt feel satisfying at all, not like Doom or Destiny or even Mafia 3.

2. I do A LOT of driving, which is the most tiring and annoying thing cos i gotta keep looking at the mini radar all the time for directions, and at high speed, its very straining to the eyes after some time. Watch dogs has a blue line on the road, and Mafia 3 has arrow directions on the road.

3. Extremely boring and inane missions. One had me doing YOGA. Another had me pick up containers using forklifts and cranes. Another had me pick up weed. Just excruciatingly boring stuff. That crane thing though, was the deal breaker for me. I immediately deleted it from my ps4 and wrote this review.

4. Over the top, annoying characters. I didnt like any one of the characters. Franklin seems too caricatured, and i just watched straight outta compton recently and it seems that by putting in swear words in every single dialog for franklin supposedly makes the game more mature and adult and real/authentic. To me, its just too much. I dont even remember compton being as crass sounding as this. Very amateurish.

Trevor is just crazy. I dont like to play as a crazy/psychotic character. Feels...off, and disturbing. I play games to feel good and have a good time. But Trevor's missions and sidemissions are too sick, dark and very disturbing. If that's the goal of the developers, then they've certainly achieved that effect.

All these resulted in a comple slog through the 10-20 hrs i spent on the game before calling it quits. Gonna trade this in. And thats the only good thing about it to me.

PROS: Still has a high trade in value (currently $18). Bought it for $29.99 so a loss of $12 to try out this overhyped garbage.
  91. Jan 3, 2015
    the people ith bad reviews are on this page are so corny its ridiculous first of all you are not being forced to buy this game a second time or for next gen so who cares that they remastered it i wanted it and millions of other people did also as you can tell by the sales

2 its not just upgraded graphics the soundtrack was heavily upgraded so noticeable hearing songs that came out after the original game did. The First person mode feels like a whole new experience in itself.

Stop hating if your made they're making money then reevaluate your life don't give a game bad reviews because its a remaster that people want its called supply and demand any business that wants to prosper is going off of that oh shame on rockstar for selling people a product they want twice because they know people will buy it lol people are so stupid if i sold something and i knew people would buy it twice with upgrades i would do it too....thats like saying sony shouldn't sell the ps4 they should just give it to all the people who had ps3's since its the same thing with better graphics and minor upgrades lol
  92. Dec 14, 2014
    Jeez, everyone hates each other on this website... Anyway good game, very similar to the old one with a few extra little small secrets and improved graphics. All in all, buy if you didn't play on last gen...
  93. Jan 19, 2015
    Best open-world experience out there in the gaming world, everything is so cool, the characters are really charismatic and the online is just something soooo amazing, must try :D
  94. Jun 27, 2016
    Hey you! Do you like boring, repetitive and dull gameplay? Well then Grand Theft Auto V is the game for you!

The singleplayer is so bad, the plot is so confusing. It feels like Rockstar put non-heist missions in there just to distract you untill you come to the heists. The missions are so boring and doesn't represent what the Grand Theft Auto series is truly about. Seriously, you do yoga, have a god damn family therapy meeting that lasts for 10 minutes (Real time). You can't make this stuff up, ladies and gentlemen. Almost none of these missions are memorable. The only ones that felt memorable was the heist missions (Which there are only 4-5 of).

The mutliplayer is basically P2W. You want a gun or a car but you can't afford it? Well just complete the same mission 10-15 times. OR! Spend real money to get a virtual car that another player will blow up! As I said, the missions are so repetitive. Again, it just feels like filler untill they could get the Heist DLC out.

Rockstar just threw everything that made the previous GTA games to memorable out the window. Let's talk about them now.

1. The wanted system: The wanted systems in GTA games has alwes had 6 wanted levels, this one just has 5... for some reason. In previous games you didn't get a wanted level everytime you steal a car. Hell, even if you stand near someone they'll call the cops! It doesn't make any sense!

2. The controls: The controls in GTA games haven't alwes been the best. But this takes it to the next level. How Rockstar managed to screw up the controls is beyond me. From simply walking on the street to flying a plane. The controls alwes manages to feel bad.

3. The open world: GTA has alwes had an impressive open world. From Vice City to San Andreas the maps were HUGE! This one is so small, you could drive around the entire map in maybe 10-15 minutes. Yet the developes keep saying GTA 5's map is bigger than the previous games. No, not at all.

But hey, the game has free DLCs (Hows that singleplayer DLC coming along, Rockstar?), and first person. So I guess that means it's a perfect game, right?
  95. Aug 19, 2016
    Odiei o jogo, comprei o jogo 5 vezes no ps3,pc e ps4 para tentar gostar e nunca gostei, quando comprei pela ulitma vez me veio um pensamento, oque faz esse jogo ser tao bom ? eu nao entendo.
    ficar andando na cidade sem fazem nada, missões chatas, personagens chatos
  96. Nov 19, 2014
    As far as a value proposition, this game under delivers. The visual boast and new tidbits are interesting, but do not enhance the game enough to warrant such a high score. When you look at re-releases, you must weigh it with what is added to the game. For The Last of Us Remastered, the 60fps change is a major difference. In this game, there are minor frame-rate drops, but still don'tAs far as a value proposition, this game under delivers. The visual boast and new tidbits are interesting, but do not enhance the game enough to warrant such a high score. When you look at re-releases, you must weigh it with what is added to the game. For The Last of Us Remastered, the 60fps change is a major difference. In this game, there are minor frame-rate drops, but still don't excuse the game for having those drops.

Could be better, still an alright game.
  97. Dec 14, 2014
    I don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturityI don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturity level would like. In the old ones, going on a robbing rampage or killing rampage was beneficial at times to accumulate money. U don't get much of anything in this one. $50 for 6 people...maybe.
    When playing other sandbox games like prototype,infamous, even saints row which has a lot more freedom, why does this game continue to get high ratings? If you played gta 3, you played the best one. I really don't understand what I am missing in this game that all the so called experts find so appealing about it. I traded it in within the 1st week i purchased it.
  98. Jan 24, 2015
    Returning to los Santos on a next gen console and there isn't much different, the first person view needs fixing epically in cars they need to make the mirrors to actually work so you can see where you are going. other than that not bad I guess
  99. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is outstanding, is awesome, best game ever! The gameplay and all the graphics have been always for Rockstar their main achievements, they work hard, is very good to have multiple characters, this is the BEST Game in the world
  100. Apr 22, 2015
    Probably my expectations were too high. Yes the graphics are great, the world is big, the missions are varied and more interesting than in previous GTA's, but somehow I didn't feel like I cared much. Maybe the guys were all too much **** maybe some of the voices and swearing was too purile, but the game for me was just not that enjoyable to play. And buying properties seemed pointless.

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 29, 2015
    The definitive version of what is quite possibly the greatest game ever made. It's worth reliving. [Feb 2015, p.58]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 13, 2015
    The best game on PS3 is now the best thing on PS4. A loving, comprehensive remaster of such quality, it's damn near as essential as oxygen. But it. Yesterday. [Jan 2015, p.91]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 5, 2015
    An excellent remake of an outstanding game that doesn't merely come with cosmetic improvements. What does it mean? You certainly need to have this piece at home, even if you have the original version. [Issue#248]