8.3

1. Nov 18, 2014
    First of all, if this were the release of last year for the PC I would say applause and rate it 7. As this is the re-release and R* decided to take the $ milking route there is no reason to up-rate this game. When before did a company managed to sell a game 3 times in different resolutions which obviously existed from day one? I cannot remember.
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot
    So the game is a bit overrated, cannot grasp the uber-valued scores of all the so-called professionals.
    The graphics are good but don't make GTA V a new game. The first person view is quite nice feature which they adopted from the modding community. Still the game lacks the fantastic ideas of the series.

Most annoying are the very few assets one can enter. So one gets the feeling being excluded from the game and restricted to the role of the audience.
    Los Santos is very small compared to it's predecessor. And the streets are limited by heaps of signs and barriers. While driving one gets the sensation of staying in a cage, like in a hamster wheel.
    Unfortunately there is only this one small city and some negligible estates. The whole map is encircled within less than a quarter of an hour. The countryside doesn't offer much.
    So all in all GTA V lacks the possibility to merge with the game. There is no way to develop your character.
    These 3 shallow guys have nothing like-able, the family of Michael is disgusting, Franklin boring, Trevor a psychopath.
    There are no restaurants like before, no gyms, no girlfriends, nearly no secrets to discover. Golf and Yoga is a bad joke. To value a game just by it's graphics would be too narrowly considered. The Grand Theft Auto series was already unbeatable though the graphics were low.
    Hopefully GTA VI will re-introduce a lot of walkable assets and the role play elements of the predecessors. Maybe a future DLC can give back GTA V some of the old spirit which made the series world-celebrated. The actual release should be called: GTA V - Remastered
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    Over the months, many exciting features for new-gen such as more animals, denser traffic, increased draw distances, and DLC cars spawning regularly are not online, even though it was never stated that these features would only be on single player. I am really upset with you guys and if these features are not added soon, this will definitely be the last time that I will buy any of your products.
  3. Nov 19, 2014
    Im sorry but i cant get over how bad the controls are, the car and gun controls are just sooo bad it makes the game unplayable for me.in fact ive sold it already, the controls have always been bad, dont they know this????
    Also when driving there is a blur effect close up and this makes me feel sick, silly mistakes have ruined for me what may have been a good game
  4. Jun 16, 2017
    Removing mods is the worst. Literally unplayable. So much hate coming their way now. They took a beloved game and absolutely ruined it by banning mods.
  5. Jun 17, 2017
    Shut down modding because the 4th best selling game of all time wasn't making enough money. Greed doesn't even begin to cover it; it's best people make a fuss now before it becomes standard practice
  6. Jun 18, 2017
    I do not like this game anymore because the one thing I loved about it is how you can mod it but now Take-Two is stopping people from modding the single player game because a few people are hacking on multiply and cause of that they are not getting their money even know they are going money hand over fist, Take-Two is truly as bad if not worse then Electronic Arts.
  7. Oct 12, 2017
    This game is called Grand Theft Auto 5, this game is a one player game , this game is good because you can drive a lot of different cars and the best thing is that you can change the look of the cars and how they drive, and you can get lots of guns which you can change the look of as well, but to get some guns and some cars you have to buy them to finish the one player game mode, you haveThis game is called Grand Theft Auto 5, this game is a one player game , this game is good because you can drive a lot of different cars and the best thing is that you can change the look of the cars and how they drive, and you can get lots of guns which you can change the look of as well, but to get some guns and some cars you have to buy them to finish the one player game mode, you have to complete all of the missions, and unlock all of the characters in the game. There is an online mode as well, where there is a lot more things to do. You can do the same as the one player game mode, but you can play races with the other the people that are online and they don’t have to be your friend, the races can be in planes or in boats. You can play team battles where you can have a person with a rocket launcher in a battle with a plane. But in online you have to buy your own houses which you can change the look of, and your own garages which you can change the look of which can be a lot of money like one million in game money, you can buy yacht that you can also change the look of and there are missions which you can do online so that you can get more money to buy more items like cars and guns. Expand
  8. Jul 5, 2018
    The worst **** game ever made. I hope the developers choke on their food. **** awful in every aspect possible. Driving, combat, missions, etc. Absolutely overrated.
  9. Dec 1, 2014
    Money Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly forMoney Grab. This re-release is nothing new and a waste of money. The controls are choppy, the graphics are just ok, and on a next gen PS4, you would expect something mind blowing. And lets be honest, isn't this franchise getting a little tired? Rockstar has nothing innovative or new to offer, only re-hashing the same bad situations and bad behaviors over and over again, and frankly for your $50+ you could be playing something else that captures your interest a heck of a lot more. Pass on this one guys, and lets hope GTA6 will bring something original and new to the franchise because frankly its over played. Expand
  10. Jun 21, 2017
    A great game ruined by a greedy and short sighted publisher. We are not your "wood to chop", Sir. We are your fans, your customers, the people who keep your company afloat by buying your products and this is a slap in the face to every PC gamer. I won't be buying any more of your games if this is the way you do business.
  11. Apr 22, 2015
    Same thing as the ps3 version, which is to say: An empty boring game. People could sit here emotionless and list all the "features" of the game they want, theirs just 1 problem: none of it is any fun to do. GTA 4 was better... period.
  12. Dec 14, 2014
    This is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honestThis is my first review here on meta critic based on my first impressions of the game. I have enjoyed what i have played so far of the Main story but switching between the characters interrupts the story and makes it less interesting and enjoyable to me especially when it forces me to play as characters I have no interest in to progress further in the story. To be completely honest though the reason I gave this a bad review is almost entirely the online multiplayer aspect of the game. GTA 5's Online game play is a joke when it even works! Trying to play with an open server i suffered through constant network errors and disconnects until finally getting it to work somewhat reliably in a private game with some friends. GTA V online is purely designed as a cheap cash grab gimmick. it lets you steal and test drive any available car in the game but if you want to permanently own most of the nicer more expensive cars you have to spend large sums of in game money to purchase them from a web app on your in game phone. In order to make the money you can do in game missions which take you to separate instances away from the main online server OR you can spend real money to buy in game cash. If you find a really nice car you like driving and you load into a mission instance the car disappears and you have to go find it again elsewhere which i suspect is an intentional aspect of the game to trick people into spending more real money so they can keep the car without loosing it. If you think about it the sole purpose of the missions is to grind for money so that you can buy the cars in the game so spending real money to buy the cars defeats the purpose of playing the online multiplayer at all. The missions instances employ unnecessary and annoying loading screens and menu navigation. The last GTA game i played and enjoyed was San Andreas where you could do missions like Vigilante by just hopping in a police car and then driving around chasing down criminals. I loved that, not this mission hub garbage. In the 4-5 hour span of time i played i only tried one race mission but it didn't let me use my car, instead it forced me to use a preselected car for the race / track that was the same care the other people racing with me had to use. If you are going to buy this game buy it for the story but save your money and don't buy into the online multiplayer gimmick. If your looking for a fun game to play with your friends look elsewhere. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2017
    I've completed many open world games like Mafia 1-3, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, but never a single GTA (3,4 and now 5). This is the last straw. The only reason i played this is cos of the hype, as it's always in the top 10 best sellers, and a lot of people are raving about it. Wanted to know what the hype is and after playing almost halfway, I just don't get it.

Things I didn't like:

Things I didn't like:
    1. Horrible gunplay. Aiming is a chore (i turned off aim assist as i always do in all shooters), damage seems to be unrealistic, i'm almost invulnerable. One shot kills are so easy. Didnt feel satisfying at all, not like Doom or Destiny or even Mafia 3.

2. I do A LOT of driving, which is the most tiring and annoying thing cos i gotta keep looking at the mini radar all the time for directions, and at high speed, its very straining to the eyes after some time. Watch dogs has a blue line on the road, and Mafia 3 has arrow directions on the road.

3. Extremely boring and inane missions. One had me doing YOGA. Another had me pick up containers using forklifts and cranes. Another had me pick up weed. Just excruciatingly boring stuff. That crane thing though, was the deal breaker for me. I immediately deleted it from my ps4 and wrote this review.

4. Over the top, annoying characters. I didnt like any one of the characters. Franklin seems too caricatured, and i just watched straight outta compton recently and it seems that by putting in swear words in every single dialog for franklin supposedly makes the game more mature and adult and real/authentic. To me, its just too much. I dont even remember compton being as crass sounding as this. Very amateurish.

Trevor is just crazy. I dont like to play as a crazy/psychotic character. Feels...off, and disturbing. I play games to feel good and have a good time. But Trevor's missions and sidemissions are too sick, dark and very disturbing. If that's the goal of the developers, then they've certainly achieved that effect.

All these resulted in a comple slog through the 10-20 hrs i spent on the game before calling it quits. Gonna trade this in. And thats the only good thing about it to me.

PROS: Still has a high trade in value (currently $18). Bought it for $29.99 so a loss of $12 to try out this overhyped garbage.
  14. Jun 27, 2016
    Hey you! Do you like boring, repetitive and dull gameplay? Well then Grand Theft Auto V is the game for you!

The singleplayer is so bad, the plot is so confusing. It feels like Rockstar put non-heist missions in there just to distract you untill you come to the heists. The missions are so boring and doesn't represent what the Grand Theft Auto series is truly about. Seriously, you do yoga, have a god damn family therapy meeting that lasts for 10 minutes (Real time). You can't make this stuff up, ladies and gentlemen. Almost none of these missions are memorable. The only ones that felt memorable was the heist missions (Which there are only 4-5 of).

The mutliplayer is basically P2W. You want a gun or a car but you can't afford it? Well just complete the same mission 10-15 times. OR! Spend real money to get a virtual car that another player will blow up! As I said, the missions are so repetitive. Again, it just feels like filler untill they could get the Heist DLC out.

Rockstar just threw everything that made the previous GTA games to memorable out the window. Let's talk about them now.

1. The wanted system: The wanted systems in GTA games has alwes had 6 wanted levels, this one just has 5... for some reason. In previous games you didn't get a wanted level everytime you steal a car. Hell, even if you stand near someone they'll call the cops! It doesn't make any sense!

2. The controls: The controls in GTA games haven't alwes been the best. But this takes it to the next level. How Rockstar managed to screw up the controls is beyond me. From simply walking on the street to flying a plane. The controls alwes manages to feel bad.

3. The open world: GTA has alwes had an impressive open world. From Vice City to San Andreas the maps were HUGE! This one is so small, you could drive around the entire map in maybe 10-15 minutes. Yet the developes keep saying GTA 5's map is bigger than the previous games. No, not at all.

But hey, the game has free DLCs (Hows that singleplayer DLC coming along, Rockstar?), and first person. So I guess that means it's a perfect game, right?
  15. Aug 19, 2016
    Odiei o jogo, comprei o jogo 5 vezes no ps3,pc e ps4 para tentar gostar e nunca gostei, quando comprei pela ulitma vez me veio um pensamento, oque faz esse jogo ser tao bom ? eu nao entendo.
    ficar andando na cidade sem fazem nada, missões chatas, personagens chatos
  16. Dec 14, 2014
    I don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturityI don't get it. GTA hasn't done anything as far as leaps and bounds to make anything more to make me want to buy this game from the last. The controls are bad. The immediate accessibility to what you can and can't get in the game is bad. No money cheats. You are forced to play the story to advance...which is bad. The humor in the story is something that a teenage to early twenties maturity level would like. In the old ones, going on a robbing rampage or killing rampage was beneficial at times to accumulate money. U don't get much of anything in this one. $50 for 6 people...maybe.
    When playing other sandbox games like prototype,infamous, even saints row which has a lot more freedom, why does this game continue to get high ratings? If you played gta 3, you played the best one. I really don't understand what I am missing in this game that all the so called experts find so appealing about it. I traded it in within the 1st week i purchased it.
  17. Jan 24, 2015
    Returning to los Santos on a next gen console and there isn't much different, the first person view needs fixing epically in cars they need to make the mirrors to actually work so you can see where you are going. other than that not bad I guess
  18. Apr 14, 2015
    Long, in depth review:
    Long, in depth review:
    You are likely to either find it very nice or heavily dislike it after a short while. The question is mainly if this is your first encounter with gta or if you already played the older games. In case its your first time, youll be amazed by the irony, the free world and all the rest - buy it. But if you know the older games theres pretty much no way you will enjoy the game for more than, say 30 hrs of gameplay. Singeplayer: The Characters are in some way cool but more like CSI guy cool - superficial, dumb, stilted. You wont ever care for them, especially for Franklin, hes plain boring and pointless. The story is okay in the beginning and than turns to extreme stupidity. I had more than one wtf and facepalm moment. The world in general is as said ok but not as good as the predecessors. What happend to car physics. You can now carry as many guns as you want, but as the guns are just upgrades you can throw away 20 of 30 guns (not literally). Most of the map is pointless nothing and the city offers less than ever. Side activities often lead to new hights of boredom. Like riding around in a slow submarine for hours or doing the easiest "quick" time events in yoga.
    Now to the multiplayer: You dont ever say anythhing but thats no problem as theres no story. Everyone looks almost the same and everyone will drive the same (the fastest) car. The missions are 90% kill/retrieve with alway the same cutscenes for certain questgivers. I personally disliked races a lot due to the horrible physics, graphics and the lack of speed. Even the bugatti feels very slow whilst the average traffic drives with nearly walking pace. Tdm and the story missions used to be my favourite aspects of the gta4 multiplayer. As said theres no story this time and due to bad mechanics tdm cant get quite as good. But this tdm is massive garbage. New players come to a game with 25% maxhealth and a pistol. On the other hand more advanced players can buy radar for ingame money and usually have the strongest rifles with unlimited ammo and additional silencers. WHAT THE **** this is in no way excuseable. The game is designed just around the idea of the player buying all the nice stuff ingame. But this is only possible through either playing this **** game for hundreds of hours or buying ingame money with real money. A good example for this that in free roam - usually the main playground in gta - you constantly burn money trough dying, destroing cars and shooting your ammo. Or simple clothing like a black shirt n trousers outfit priced at 50k. A 500k sharkcard is 10$. So 1$ for this one ulgy, pointless outfit out of like 30. A maximum tuned out top car costs about 2 mil. - thats 50$ for the 3,5 mil sharkcard. But hey you got 1,5 mil for other stuff. Likely the next update will just bring a better car wich you should buy then. Now lets make thia point more obvious on the military vehicles. You just bought the only attack heli in the game the "buzzard" for 1,75 mill (bout 25$), but its okay cause now youre the king in town... but the last update brought the 2 mill savage heli wich is much better. Now theres even a jet for 3 mil and an amored car for over 1 mil. So you DEFINATELY would have to buy atleast one 99$ 8mil shark card to get the full gaming content. RIDICULOUS pay to win right here. I wouldnt even play it agian if it were free to play. This used to be the best gaming series, now I appeal to everyone who made it this far to boycott R*s new politics and therefore this game
  19. Feb 4, 2015
    Unfortunately i bought this game.
    The problems that i got:
    1- FPS is horrible!
    2- Bad textures, worse AA ever! Even the disappointing whatch dogs and infamous second son have better graphics.
    3- Wtf is wrong with the controlls? I just cant drive. The analogic are so much sensitive on this game.
    4- Dont have anything better than on PS3. That is the true.
  20. May 10, 2015
    Nothing new, except some souped-up graphics.
    The driving in this version is still horribly hit and miss, the characters still lack any depth and frankly while playing the game the most fun I had was finding new and interesting ways of killing these mysogynistic SOBs.
    Boring...mysantropic and devoid of any humour....Avoid if you have a life and like your relatives.
  21. Oct 24, 2015
    On the presentation side of things, this game shines and is probably the best looking open world game to date. Unfortunately, everything else is pretty below average in my opinion, from the forgettable characters to the story. The missions are also very uninspired, and often extremely linear and boring. There is no skill involved in this, duck, auto aim and shoot, duck, regen health, moveOn the presentation side of things, this game shines and is probably the best looking open world game to date. Unfortunately, everything else is pretty below average in my opinion, from the forgettable characters to the story. The missions are also very uninspired, and often extremely linear and boring. There is no skill involved in this, duck, auto aim and shoot, duck, regen health, move on. There is no player agency or freedom of movement or choice. Even heists, that should promote player choice are criminally linear and very easy. There are no interesting side activities to speak of, and the map is pretty lifeless on that front. The gun combat is also very weak and guns lack impact. Overall, very very overrated. Expand
  22. Dec 3, 2015
    waiting 60 to 90 minutes for team matching. when team is ready to play one player go out and i have to wait again hours for team matching. this is really bad.
  23. Apr 28, 2015
    Gta stil the same as ever, you drive, explode things, then you drive again, kill some peoples, then you drive, make some money, then you drive one more time... The controls are basic, the plot is really stupid, low chalenges, low dificulty, there is nothing really cool that this game can show. Super Overated.
  24. Nov 8, 2016
    An over-hyped piece of ****
    Absolutely disgusting filth and vulgarity in content while excellent in terms of technical and gameplay implementation. The result: a **** in the ointment.
  25. Jul 1, 2016
    this game is a joke. And a very bad one. The missions a re boring as hell and the gameplay is a shame (how can rockstar make a maniability so awful after all these years ????).
  26. Nov 19, 2015
    Too little has changed. It is the same GTA as ever and it is time to update the series with something new. Few buildings to enter, minimal things to do outside of missions, predictable story, tired samey characters who are almost identical to all others in previous GTA installments... plus FULL PRICE for the next gen versions? O_o Why pay full price for something that only has a handful ofToo little has changed. It is the same GTA as ever and it is time to update the series with something new. Few buildings to enter, minimal things to do outside of missions, predictable story, tired samey characters who are almost identical to all others in previous GTA installments... plus FULL PRICE for the next gen versions? O_o Why pay full price for something that only has a handful of irrelevant features added over the previous gen version. Just buy the PS3, X360 version and be done. It's cheaper and just more worth it. Expand
  27. Jan 9, 2015
    What's all the hype about? This trash game with clunky controls and numerous game ending bugs is nothing compared to the master race that is Cory in the House. The lack of slightly chubby African American children and white houses drive me closer to suicide...
  28. Jan 22, 2015
    I've played most of the GTA's, only missed San Andrea's. I'm about 1/3 of the way through gtaV when I write this and it is a bit of a rant. I played all the other GTA's on PC, this is my first time playing is with a controller, oh which I will never make that mistake again. Fool. The big problem I'm having with the game is that its impossible to play well first time through simply becauseI've played most of the GTA's, only missed San Andrea's. I'm about 1/3 of the way through gtaV when I write this and it is a bit of a rant. I played all the other GTA's on PC, this is my first time playing is with a controller, oh which I will never make that mistake again. Fool. The big problem I'm having with the game is that its impossible to play well first time through simply because of the controls. The is not a rant about aiming, it sucks as usual for console but I expected that.

With a touch pad and the option of first person there is no excuse for rockstar to completely ignore and only treat it as a button. There are so many way it could have bettered the game. I'm annoyed at the drop in the physics department in this game, I thought gta 4 was really showing what can be done with velocity and weight in cars but now we're being pulled back to playing with plastic bottles again. Way to go, screwing you're own games, maybe rockstar should consider selling out to blizzard or activision.

The characters are not funny, they suck in basic. Trevor, the only interesting psychopathic loony in the game doesn't stay on character enough when it matters. Micheal and the other **** puppet are just lame and weak.

Its basically gta 4, weakened physics for bigger more complex map and they've changed the characters around and recycled a lot of models like bridges, dumpsters and what not. They've just stripped out the things that make the game cool and replaced it with more eye candy for the general moron public. $$$.
  29. Aug 8, 2015
    GTA5 is really bad, controls are awful especially in vehicles, the Story is boring and the missions are dumb.
    Although the Graphics are gud, but that is the only gud thing about this game.
  30. Jun 21, 2017
    Take Two and Rockstar threatened to sue a modder without good reason. This sort of toxic behavior should not be tolerated. Don't support them by giving them your money.
  31. rrt
    Aug 2, 2015
    Gra jest piękna, świetnie zrobiona, grafika udźwiękowienie itp. Niestety moją przygodę z GTA V zakończyłem już po kilku godzinach grania. Bezsensowna przemoc, wulgaryzmy miałem dość, aż dziw ,że tyle ludzi się tym zachwyca...Ne polecam!
  32. May 23, 2017
    My friend recommended this game to me and I had played the previous GTA games so I figured I would give it a try. Well I picked it up and realized that this game was made for 10 year olds... or men who still think like them. Despite being wide open and having tons of things everywhere, and beautiful graphics and people walking around... there wasn't anything to do. I played for hoursMy friend recommended this game to me and I had played the previous GTA games so I figured I would give it a try. Well I picked it up and realized that this game was made for 10 year olds... or men who still think like them. Despite being wide open and having tons of things everywhere, and beautiful graphics and people walking around... there wasn't anything to do. I played for hours just to get to the point where I opened up the other characters only to realize that now I had to play as that character... for a few more hours just to switch back. IDK the story wasn't bad, to be honest I never finished it because I wanted to go and do other things and I looked everywhere and there wasn't anything worth doing. What happened to having a ton a missions you could pick up that would actually give you some benefit? The only thing that was fun about this was the heists but even those quickly lost their luster.

As to the online play IDK it just wasn't appealing to me at all. This game was made for a different generation of gamer and put the last nail in the coffin for me when it comes to the GTA series. All of the online missions were the opposite of fun, again except for the heists which were pretty cool.

If you want to go on endless random pointless killing sprees and follow a fairly linear story-line across 4 people (only one of which you'll actually like) then pick this one up. If you like this sort of thing... I'm only 29 and I think I'm just getting to old for this kind of stupid junk.
  33. Aug 18, 2015
    Nothing new.Its just like any other gta game like sanandreas with better graphics.Rockstat should have done better wid the missions.This is debated to be the best PS4 game.Honestly the best PS4 game is the Last of Us:Reamstered
  34. Jul 26, 2017
    The same as the previous game but with stupid heists and an online mode. The online mode is full of rip-off DLC. Gets really boring after a while, especially the minigames.
  35. Nov 27, 2014
    Same Sh!T different graphics... -__-" for a game with so much possibilities and promises it only gives like 60%. I hoped a good new inovation but sorry it's not....
  36. Feb 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible game. The story is really bad, the characters are awful, it has the same open world game problems as other games but the boring quest are dressed as new,hippie and cult. Also, it is full of hypocrisy and it social analogies are simply bad. It is the worst piece of entertainment ive ever bought. It really looks like a ten year old decided to do a game and put all he knew on it, the torture part and subsequent (of course) explained social critic for example is laughable. As it is the norm this days, really bad things are selling and so we are doomed to have another one of this monstrosity soon. God bless humanity, we are so smart and cool... Expand
  37. May 14, 2016
    Worst franchise ever!!! bad handling on cars, bad shooting mechanics, ugly cliché characters, nonsense story boring game, at the end the game is good at nothing and about nothing, it doesn't make any sense
  38. Oct 26, 2015
    GTA 5 was one of the best games on last gen, and was re released on Current Gen with everything upgraded. For months this was a 10/10 game, but then the freemode events update came out which completely ruined the game and makes a 0/10
  39. Mar 3, 2017
    GTA has and always will be amazing i think it is violent so i advice kids not to play but for the older generation i don't think any game can really compare to it except saints row but they have ruined that game anyway im here to talk about GTA liike from what they started off as compared to you
  40. Feb 8, 2015
    I'd like to warn everyone who isn't an absolute die hard fan of the series that the controls of this game are absolutely awful. i played vice city & san andreas on consoles & PC and it was never impossible for me to get into the game and enjoy it. can't say the same about this piece of 30 FPS (which is another bummer.)

if you like smooth frames & decent controls in a game, DONT buy

if you like smooth frames & decent controls in a game, DONT buy this. i have seriously no idea how this game reached these scores. because of the awful controls, i didn't manage to finish the prologue...twice.
  41. Jul 3, 2016
    This game has terrible controls which you can't customize, and quite possible the worst matchmaking system I've seen. It's impossible to finish setups for heists because nobody gets anything for those missions, and finding players who won't cause you to fail heist missions is so rare that it makes heists a waste of time. You either need four friends to play online, or you're better stickThis game has terrible controls which you can't customize, and quite possible the worst matchmaking system I've seen. It's impossible to finish setups for heists because nobody gets anything for those missions, and finding players who won't cause you to fail heist missions is so rare that it makes heists a waste of time. You either need four friends to play online, or you're better stick to story mode. The story mode is one of the only redeeming qualities of this game, and that requires you to overcome controls that will likely give you tendonitis by the time you're used to them. Expand
  42. Mar 9, 2017
    I could write a bible about everything wrong in this game so instead I will try to keep it short. Considering how much money was invested into it, it's really a shame how the end product looks like and still holds it's day one price after all these years. The game is filled with bugs, glitches and other errors which are not fixed for years. There is nothing to do. When you install mods itI could write a bible about everything wrong in this game so instead I will try to keep it short. Considering how much money was invested into it, it's really a shame how the end product looks like and still holds it's day one price after all these years. The game is filled with bugs, glitches and other errors which are not fixed for years. There is nothing to do. When you install mods it can get you banned because the Online option is always pushed in your face. Basically it always needs connection and saves everything in a cloud, why. Unnecessary really. GTA4 was a downgraded garbage without content. GTAV was an overhyped garbage which ended up the same way. It had a bit more content and that's it. It did made lots of money thanks to it's fanbase but it doesn't mean it's a perfect product. I don't have high hopes for quality games anymore. So after all these years being a fan I am completely disapointed and I am finished with Rockstar games and seems forever. Expand
  43. Feb 8, 2017
    Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.Garbage.
  44. Oct 3, 2015
    Great game in many ways. Excellent selection of vehicles. Multi player is fun. The fighter jet and attack chopper are awesome. The main thing that i found really annoying is not being able to turn off the auto record function. It turns itself on constantly and has an anoying hud display. I also found it anoying to have unwanted clips being stored on my hard drive that have to deletedGreat game in many ways. Excellent selection of vehicles. Multi player is fun. The fighter jet and attack chopper are awesome. The main thing that i found really annoying is not being able to turn off the auto record function. It turns itself on constantly and has an anoying hud display. I also found it anoying to have unwanted clips being stored on my hard drive that have to deleted manually. I find it absurd that rockstar added this feature without including a way to turn it off. I really hope they add a way to disable this featue or eliminate it completely in an update and in future games. Expand
  45. Mar 22, 2016
    Wow. Just wow. This game is impressively awful. I'm not exaggerating when I say I couldnt make a game this bad if I tried.

The story is horrible. The characters are boring and clichéd. The city is somehow more boring than GTA 4. The physics, whether driving any vehicle or walking or watching or farting, are head-scratchingly ridiculous. The cops are cheap and stupid. Missions are horribly boring. It's also somehow not funny at all. There is nothing good to say about this crap at all. I actually just can't believe how little effort was put into this game. Similar to Fallout 4, it makes you wonder what on earth the dev team has been doing since their last game. Lazy, boring games such as this will continue to kill the gaming industry and its a damn shame.
  46. May 10, 2016
    Here I think this game is complete garbage i would rather play Destiny which is incomplete mess where 5 year olds have made this game than a petty saints row wannabe. I would prefer to suffer from Rng that destiny has than waste my time going online with this game.
  47. Sep 8, 2018
    This may end up being the most frustrating game that I have played all year. The gameplay is fun, the characters are well developed and even though they’re caricatures and criminals, they’re relatable. I really liked the character Franklin who seems like a good guy who is sadly brought up in the wrong neighborhood. Michael seems like a decent guy who has a bad temper but he seems to meanThis may end up being the most frustrating game that I have played all year. The gameplay is fun, the characters are well developed and even though they’re caricatures and criminals, they’re relatable. I really liked the character Franklin who seems like a good guy who is sadly brought up in the wrong neighborhood. Michael seems like a decent guy who has a bad temper but he seems to mean well and then there is Trevor who is a bad dude. There is nothing redeemable about him.

In this game, you’re playing as all three characters and as I said, I liked two of them. Unfortunately, I don’t know what it was but the game was such a buggy mess. I didn’t have it in me to finish the game. I’m sorry to anyone who is actually going to read this. The rest of this is just going to be a rant about the game.

Early on, when Michael and Franklin are still getting to know one another. You meet Michaels son for the first time and you have to chase down the boat. I did all of that and then the game takes you to a repair shop. I pull into the shop and nothing happens, I drive all over the place in the shop and nothing happens. So after 5-10 mins trying different things, I close the game and then start it again.

When I start it up again, it makes me redo that mission again. Then I get to the part where I need to pull into the shop and it instantly triggers a cutscene. Are you kidding me?

Then a little later on, the mission where you end up stealing the super weapon that you end up having to put back because selling it to the Chinese would be bad. I had 3 more major bugs.

The first one is where was I had to drive a forklift and pick up some crates. The problem is, I couldn’t get into the forklift. No matter what I did. The game would not trigger me to get into the forklift. Eventually, I gave up and started running around and then I ended up going to an area where it fails the mission because I’m “caught.”

Then it cuts back a little bit and somehow I’m sitting on the forklift so its like okay. Now I can actually do the mission. But when I got over to the area where I had to pick up crates. I spent 5-10 minutes just trying to pick up crates that I just couldn’t. So I gave up and ran over to the area where I got caught before. Then it cuts me back in the forklift. I just hopped out of the forklift ran straight over to the area where you fail for a third time just so I could skip that section of the mission.

Finally on that same mission. When you play as Franklin and you’re fixed on being the sniper. You can’t move, you can’t do anything other than snipe. The problem is, I couldn’t zoom in and it was dark so I could see the enemies. So I kept trying different things and eventually, Michael died. Fail the mission and restart. I had to sit there and wait 5 minutes for Michael to die 2 other times just so I could skip that section of the mission so I could progress.

This is one of the buggiest games I have ever seen. The fact that this game made a billion dollars and its borderline unplayable is upsetting.

I feel better now.
  48. Dec 14, 2017
    Everything about GTAV is a step backwards in terms of production in the GTA series. The controls are awful, and the movement even more so. It's amazing just how terrible it is at being a simple third-person shooter. The driving is better, but not by much. The features are actually somehow cut down in comparison to the previous entry in the series, GTAIV. The story is ridiculous and insteadEverything about GTAV is a step backwards in terms of production in the GTA series. The controls are awful, and the movement even more so. It's amazing just how terrible it is at being a simple third-person shooter. The driving is better, but not by much. The features are actually somehow cut down in comparison to the previous entry in the series, GTAIV. The story is ridiculous and instead of committing to one interesting character, the game instead focuses on three boring protagonists. The online modes are just as bad as the campaign, with their emphasis on monetization and "shark cards." Expand
  49. May 12, 2018
    GTA is a good game but shark cards and all credit card warriors suck. nuff said
  50. Jan 2, 2018
    Overrated open world crap. This game introduced it and every other game follows this path.
    Okay. Shoot kill random people, do heist watch explicit scenes from a worthless story.

Okay. Cool. But 9/10 ? Seriously. This game set back the video game industry to depression.
  51. Jan 30, 2018
    Worst game I'm ever see in all my life. In that's game all terrible and boring (story line, multiplayer, gameplay).
  52. Oct 12, 2017
    Grand theft auto is a fun game because you can customize cars commit crimes get the cops behind you and you can do heists also you can buy cars, motorbikes, boats, helicopters and customize your character. However, this game is not suitable for kids it’s only allowed for 18+ and over because it contains violence, drugs, sex, bad language and fear. However, the reason is because adults knowGrand theft auto is a fun game because you can customize cars commit crimes get the cops behind you and you can do heists also you can buy cars, motorbikes, boats, helicopters and customize your character. However, this game is not suitable for kids it’s only allowed for 18+ and over because it contains violence, drugs, sex, bad language and fear. However, the reason is because adults know this are bad stuff that they would not do in real life but on the other hand if a kid played grand theft auto it would learn and then do it which is bad. Also when you first start to play you have to complete a heist then kill the security guard then kill the criminals and head away with the money then after that it starts with the music showing Los Santos which is classed as LA in the game. However, you can play with friends online and do heists together. But you have to be careful of your surroundings because yo0 could get killed every time by other online players. Also the game is made by rock star north. However, GTA is a single player game and you can play the game from a third person or first person perspective. Also the game broke industry sales records and became the fastest selling entertainment product in history, earning US $800 million on its first day and US $1 billion dollars in its three days. Also it has won game of the year award for being one of the best video games ever made by several gaming publications. However it has shipped over 80 million copies and its one of the best -selling games of all time. Expand
  53. Dec 31, 2018
    Awful graphics, awful controls, awful camera and bad theme. This is a pretty mediocre release in every way. Graphics are like welcome to five years ago. Were the blindfolded when making the camera? the hip hop theme of the game is just an awful idea after the brilliant 1980s scarface ripoff. Main character is boring. Hopefully this is the last game in the seriers, GTA 4 should have beenAwful graphics, awful controls, awful camera and bad theme. This is a pretty mediocre release in every way. Graphics are like welcome to five years ago. Were the blindfolded when making the camera? the hip hop theme of the game is just an awful idea after the brilliant 1980s scarface ripoff. Main character is boring. Hopefully this is the last game in the seriers, GTA 4 should have been the last one. Expand
  54. Sep 4, 2018
    ****ONLINE REVIEW****

****ONLINE REVIEW****

Have you ever asked yourself, "What exactly is a polished turd?" Well look no further than GTA Online - the biggest disgrace to ever show it's repulsive face in the history of video games! I thought GAMES were suppose to be fun, so why does feel like I'm punching the clock and doing grunt work for R* every time I play this one? You know what the most disgusting part is about it all??? I LITERALLY HAVE A BETTER TIME AT MY ACTUAL JOB THAN I DO PLAYING THIS TRASH!!!

R* drew a line in the sand with this crap, look to their CEO Strauss Zelnick to keep doing it in the future too. All of Take-Two Interactive's games are bursting at their seams with microtransactions.
  55. Dec 29, 2018
    Story mode has its ups and downs, a lot of good stuff intermixed with a lot of padding. The online though, is absolutely dismal. Load times and drops are still rampant. Constant phone calls and slow grinds to be able to purchase anything decent, playing like a free to play game.
  56. Dec 26, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto V is a really disappointing and frustrating game to play.

GTA V comes with a story and online component which i will slowly explain why they suck. The main story is Ok with 3 separate endings although they were not very impactfull. Sidequest are lame and dull which mostly involve shooting and nonsensical stories. Los Santos is also not very impressive. Few buildings
    Grand Theft Auto V is a really disappointing and frustrating game to play.

Few buildings are fully-enter-able with detail interiors, you die really easily and wanted level builds up so fast that makes random killings of NPCs a chore and no longer fun. There is also so little things you can do, the nightclub gets boring real fast.

The online components is worse. Griefing is prevalent and players kill each other for fun making passive mode a must have to enjoy co-operative missions. The co-op missions are dull and darksoul-ish where players die very easily and failure will demand a full restart from beginning. Makes online very very dull.

Overall its a horrible game just don't buy it.
  57. Nov 11, 2015
    Hm hm. Newest GTA is bit of a mixed bag. It looks pretty good, and it's fun. Good start, right? Yeah, except it's not fun for very long. It becomes repetitive very soon, and mindlessly cruising around and shooting things doesn't really rustle my jimmies. Some of the missions are flat out boring, others are stellar. Shooting controls are quite abysmal, which is frustrating. I didn't evenHm hm. Newest GTA is bit of a mixed bag. It looks pretty good, and it's fun. Good start, right? Yeah, except it's not fun for very long. It becomes repetitive very soon, and mindlessly cruising around and shooting things doesn't really rustle my jimmies. Some of the missions are flat out boring, others are stellar. Shooting controls are quite abysmal, which is frustrating. I didn't even finish the campaign, and I'm pretty sure I never will. Expand
  58. Apr 3, 2016
    This is the Black Ops 3 equivalent of GTA. It has just become a rehashed system like CoD. The characters were the only upside as I fell in love with the ones I loved and the ones I hated. But if all you have is character and no substance, or just old substance, than your not that great of a game.
  59. Aug 16, 2016
    ficar andando na cidade sem fazem nada, missões chatas, personagens chatos
  60. May 19, 2019
    Juego horrible, su historia es mediocre llena de chistes sin gracia alguna, los personajes no maduran ni cambian, empiezan y acaban igual, juego para niños y para solo el online la historia no vale nada
  61. Oct 13, 2017
    This game is full of bug on ps4 (patched version as october 2017). First the story mode progression can be lost and you have to restart from beginning. There alot of official controller that work perfectly with all game except gta v, with my official controller that come with my ps4 the R2 for shotting does not work, but it work with my official blue controller (im not alone, alot ofThis game is full of bug on ps4 (patched version as october 2017). First the story mode progression can be lost and you have to restart from beginning. There alot of official controller that work perfectly with all game except gta v, with my official controller that come with my ps4 the R2 for shotting does not work, but it work with my official blue controller (im not alone, alot of complain on the web), The loading is very slow and the online mode is not well done when you want to play with friends only, after one mission the game become public and others join, you have to quit and regroup after each mission. The music is terrible bad and you cannot do custom soundtrack. I end up deleting the game after 3 hours. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2017
    I give it 0 because now everything they want to do with microtransactions and micropayments and downloadable content of **** offer quality to the user without so much **** because in the end we are the guilty We the users to pay these companies 60 dollars for each game packed With Payments And DLC and the only ones who get rich are they because they are selling us pure smoke. I'm not evenI give it 0 because now everything they want to do with microtransactions and micropayments and downloadable content of **** offer quality to the user without so much **** because in the end we are the guilty We the users to pay these companies 60 dollars for each game packed With Payments And DLC and the only ones who get rich are they because they are selling us pure smoke. I'm not even going to buy a game from these companies that want to kill their users. Expand
  63. Jun 10, 2019
    I'm only rating the campaign mode here, and I think it's terrible. Boring missions that often have you driving the slowest vehicles in the game and are full of the worst dialogue. Terrible characters, including the three leads. The three-person mechanic had some potential, but it's squandered. I hope Rockstar goes back to the fun-filled goofyness of the previous games.
  64. Jan 4, 2018
    Игра хуня и не заслуживает названия гта5, а например san andress 2. мультиплеер не плох
  65. Feb 14, 2018
    A really good game, awesome graphics, awesome story, hours of fun... with microtransactions.

I dont care how good a game is, if its full retail price, and it has microtransactions... its going to get a 0. Its the only way to stop this CANCER.

Graphics 9/10
    Sound/Music 9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Microtransactions YES x0 Multiplier
    TOTAL SCORE 0.

Go suck it rockstar
  66. Apr 13, 2018
    Gameplay and story is not that good, and multiplayer killed by the shark cards
  67. May 7, 2018
    Il keep it short and sweet, I didn’t enjoy the game. I completed it, played online for a few hours and was so bored of it. I really enjoyed the ps2 gta games, hell even the ps1 & psp games too. But when you experience a super fun game like saints row (series) this can’t compete. Then the play mafia 2 for sure an amazing story, this can’t compete. Sure gta v maybe more realistic than thoseIl keep it short and sweet, I didn’t enjoy the game. I completed it, played online for a few hours and was so bored of it. I really enjoyed the ps2 gta games, hell even the ps1 & psp games too. But when you experience a super fun game like saints row (series) this can’t compete. Then the play mafia 2 for sure an amazing story, this can’t compete. Sure gta v maybe more realistic than those 2 to some degree, but if I want to fly planes and kill players and shoot RPG, il put in bf4. Overall, not a bad game, just not, for me. Expand
  68. Jul 31, 2018
    Worst GTA of all time, biggest disappointment I've ever had with a game. Unfortunately I got carried away by the hype of the season, make no mistake. Extremely weak characters, boring and uncharismatic. Combat system sucks, it's never been so bad to fight in a GTA. The story of the game is weak, little captivating and engaging. Small map without much to do, plus few places to go.Worst GTA of all time, biggest disappointment I've ever had with a game. Unfortunately I got carried away by the hype of the season, make no mistake. Extremely weak characters, boring and uncharismatic. Combat system sucks, it's never been so bad to fight in a GTA. The story of the game is weak, little captivating and engaging. Small map without much to do, plus few places to go. Completely overrated game, it may be the best selling, but it is far from being the best. I really hope that Rockstar can redeem itself with Red Dead Redemption 2. I will not give it a 0 because of the online mode of the game that is really good. Expand
  69. Sep 16, 2018
    this game is really bad, the characters are terrible and so is the story, the AI is also very stupid like for example cops try to snipe you with shotguns and civilians call the police if you stand next to them.
    there is also a lot of issues with the cover system as there is no way to directly tell your character where to take cover, so you asume that he will take the nearest cover right ? well he doesent instead he runs to the other side of the room to take cover there! the camera works fine for the most part but in smaller spaces like in a house the camera decides to close in to the characters ass. also hand to hand combat has been downgraded from gta 4 because now civilians die in one hit.

this game does not deserve the praise that it gets and is easily the worst gta game ever created
  70. Sep 16, 2018
    this is definitely the worst rockstar game ever created, horrible game play, repetitive missions and annoying characters !!
  71. Dec 9, 2018
    I'm not a GTA fan but I have still played all GTA games except GTA IV in the last 20 years since I am a gamer and GTA is a gaming phenomenon more than a game. However, I feel R* have made a wrong direction for GTA. Many years ago, for Vice City or San Andreas, all gameplay elements were fun. The shooting experience, the driving experience the characters and the stories are all very superb.I'm not a GTA fan but I have still played all GTA games except GTA IV in the last 20 years since I am a gamer and GTA is a gaming phenomenon more than a game. However, I feel R* have made a wrong direction for GTA. Many years ago, for Vice City or San Andreas, all gameplay elements were fun. The shooting experience, the driving experience the characters and the stories are all very superb. However, what I experience in GTA V is an inferior shooting experience, mediocre characters and boring plots. Even the driving experience sucks. In the process of GTA offers more and more options to players, the video game industry has changed a lot too. All genre are showing their incredible evolutions. GTA cannot be the game which just offers the options regardless the quality of the options anymore.
    Overall, it is still a good option for many budget players since it is like a bundle of games, but for players have a huge library, this game basically offers absolutely nothing.

p. S One may think it is unfair to compare one single game to a game library. However, it is what happens when the game offers a variety of options, and none of them is particularly good. For normal gamers, they are going after a particular experience, so a game has to be decent in something. For instance, if a player what to enjoy some great characters and plot, he would go for Witcher 3; this game has an inferior combat system, but combat is not the reason you play this game, you play it for the characters and plot. The players who want to have a great combat system would go for Dark Souls or the God of War. For the same token, the gamers who want a great shooting experience or driving experience can always found a better choice in their library. That is why a vast library can overshadow GTA V but cannot overshadow most games since most games have something unique to offer while GTA V is a budget bundle of games of its time, which I think might be a wrong vision for future GTA. But so far, it sells great, maybe it is the right vision but not for gamers like me.
  72. Apr 5, 2019
    I've never really cared for Grand Theft Auto as a franchise and this title did nothing to change that opinion. Just not for me.
  73. May 30, 2019
    The gta story mode is mediocre, but the online is infuriating. First of all for someone to even START playing you need millions of dollars just to begin making money (bunker 1.6M, nightclub 3M, apartment 300k, Terrorbyte 3M, oppressor mk2 3M, vehicle warehouse 2M, upgrades for businesses 7M, biker businesses 5M) THAT IS 25 MILLION DOLLARS JUST TO START MAKING MONEY. Second of all theseThe gta story mode is mediocre, but the online is infuriating. First of all for someone to even START playing you need millions of dollars just to begin making money (bunker 1.6M, nightclub 3M, apartment 300k, Terrorbyte 3M, oppressor mk2 3M, vehicle warehouse 2M, upgrades for businesses 7M, biker businesses 5M) THAT IS 25 MILLION DOLLARS JUST TO START MAKING MONEY. Second of all these businesses are just a cheap money grab because they are extremely underpaid and extremely easy to mess up, (getting bombed, shot, etc) AND THAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. the it is so clear that rockstar just wants you to but shark cards that are worth more that the game itself just so you can become another toxic griefer on a flying bike. this game is nice graphically but logically pathetic. I have seen better from mobile games. Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 29, 2015
    The definitive version of what is quite possibly the greatest game ever made. It's worth reliving. [Feb 2015, p.58]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 13, 2015
    The best game on PS3 is now the best thing on PS4. A loving, comprehensive remaster of such quality, it's damn near as essential as oxygen. But it. Yesterday. [Jan 2015, p.91]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 5, 2015
    An excellent remake of an outstanding game that doesn't merely come with cosmetic improvements. What does it mean? You certainly need to have this piece at home, even if you have the original version. [Issue#248]