8.0

1. Oct 25, 2019
    It's just "ok" at best, honestly very mediocre. Very janky as well. Buggy and janky and not very well tested are some terms that come to mind when playing this. For instance you can access areas before you are suppose to get to them quite often by just running against certain hills and jimmying your view back and forth, they clearly didn't test that at all. The animations duringIt's just "ok" at best, honestly very mediocre. Very janky as well. Buggy and janky and not very well tested are some terms that come to mind when playing this. For instance you can access areas before you are suppose to get to them quite often by just running against certain hills and jimmying your view back and forth, they clearly didn't test that at all. The animations during dialogues look pretty bad, it gives fallout 4 a run for its money in that regard. The camera while running around is very jerky and unpleasant. There are a lot of invisible walls placed in odd locations. There's nothing really new in this game, combat is on par w/ games that were coming out maybe a decade ago, and is nothing special. It's not a bad game all in all, but definitely not worth buying unless you are really bored. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2019
    Greedfall meets, and often times, exceeds tempered expectations. The combat is fluid, there are very few noticeable bugs, the story is engaging, and the voice acting is very solid. Game systems are deep, but easy to pick up, and the party engagement is stronger than other previous Spiders titles. There is an occasional glitch but the game is overall very polished. If you want toGreedfall meets, and often times, exceeds tempered expectations. The combat is fluid, there are very few noticeable bugs, the story is engaging, and the voice acting is very solid. Game systems are deep, but easy to pick up, and the party engagement is stronger than other previous Spiders titles. There is an occasional glitch but the game is overall very polished. If you want to scratch that Bioware RPG itch, this game will get the job done. Expand
  3. Sep 15, 2019
    Let me be super duper clear. 1. For a AA title, this is outstanding. I can only imagine what Spiders could have done if they had a budget. Don't go in looking for something as good (or better) than Witcher 3, Dragon Age etc (but it's pretty close) 2. These guys got ROASTED over their last game (Technomancer) but they had the balls to bounce back and make a more polished product. That earnsLet me be super duper clear. 1. For a AA title, this is outstanding. I can only imagine what Spiders could have done if they had a budget. Don't go in looking for something as good (or better) than Witcher 3, Dragon Age etc (but it's pretty close) 2. These guys got ROASTED over their last game (Technomancer) but they had the balls to bounce back and make a more polished product. That earns my respect. 3. If you're not a general fan of the massive fantasy RPG genre, you're going to hate this game. But I am the contrary. .. Anyway - I am only maybe 6-7 hours in, and I am really happy with this. It's just a good old fashioned fantasy RPG with no BS. Good gear, good levelling system, decent story and wide open world to explore. I know it may have some little flaws like re-usable character designs/environments etc, and the odd jittering frame, but nothing that wouldn't be fixed by a little more budget. Really hoping fans of the big RPG's catch on to this and boost these guys - a team of 20 - (and support independent gaming studios more and more) into the stratosphere. Expand
  4. Sep 20, 2019
    Fantastic game from a small studio, I've enjoyed every minute I've played so far and am pleased by the $50 price point. I can say I highly recommend this game.
  5. Sep 12, 2019
    Greedfall is a rock solid game coming from a small studio, about 35. Don't go into this expecting a AAA title, but it is a fantastic AA game with a lot of heart and moving in the correct direction that Bioware has fallen away from. Plus it's lower price point, just doubles its appeal.
  6. Sep 11, 2019
    If you enjoyed BioWare before they were trash this is the game for you. Added bonus I've played about twenty hours, only encountered two bugs one of which was a brief visual one and it's priced at 50 dollars, ten cheeper than most games. Do your self a favor and play this.
  7. Sep 11, 2019
    Reminds me of Mass Effect 1, buggy but fun. Great way of handling missions. Tons of heart. Great world building. Pretty clunky. Better viewed from a distance.
  8. Sep 17, 2019
    great oldschool bioware-like RPG with a fresh setting and a pretty good story with a few twists and turns!
  9. Sep 17, 2019
    Game is a break from the standard. Good storytelling games are hard to come by nowadays. Thankfully I found this one.
  10. Sep 17, 2019
    Everything I needed in a game and didn’t know, very unique ideas, great combat and fun quests, still have a long way to go and for the first time in a while I want to get everything done instead of getting bored halfway through and decide to just get the main quests done.
  11. Sep 18, 2019
    It's pretty nice. Greedfall is a game with strong immersion! I just can't stop playing. All quest is wondrous. It's not a "perfect game", but we have get in mind that this game is only double A. It's is a good surprise and I will take it at deep of my heart.
  12. Sep 23, 2019
    Just finished the game and it's really really good!
    If you are a fan of fantasy role playing games, don't hesitate to try it!
    The pros : No fetch quest at all! They are all well scripted and often surprising. Beautiful landscapes (I was often in awe and felt invited to walk a path just out of curiosity) Believable characters for witch you feel attached to. Multiple combat system so
    Just finished the game and it's really really good!
    If you are a fan of fantasy role playing games, don't hesitate to try it!

The pros :
    No fetch quest at all! They are all well scripted and often surprising.
    Believable characters for witch you feel attached to.
    Multiple combat system so you are sure to find one that suits you.
    Easy way to change your skill points (so your combat system)

The cons : Not an open world. But I rather a fragmented world with lots of things to do, than a big open world full of repetitive combats and fetch quest, (yes, I look at you Assassin's Creed Odyssey).
    When you've chosen to help a companion, you can't abord the mission if you don't like the way it turns out (or at least I didn't find a way to do it other than loading a previous saved game)

But first and foremost, I want to say thank you to Spiders Studio for bringing such a polished game, witch despite the "XVIIth century" setting has a very actual plot.
  13. Sep 20, 2019
    I've always liked to support smaller studios and Spiders previous games were ok, but Greedfall takes a major step forward for them. This game gives me the same type of vibes that I got when playing the Witcher and Dragon Age games. The unique setting and factions to join and be a part of are also very well done. Can't wait to see what Spiders puts out next, these consistent improvement toI've always liked to support smaller studios and Spiders previous games were ok, but Greedfall takes a major step forward for them. This game gives me the same type of vibes that I got when playing the Witcher and Dragon Age games. The unique setting and factions to join and be a part of are also very well done. Can't wait to see what Spiders puts out next, these consistent improvement to their games should only provide good results. Expand
  14. Sep 10, 2019
    For a not so triple A game, this is superb despite the low budget. Must have for rpg gamer.
  15. Sep 10, 2019
    С первых минут понимаешь, что разработчики пытались сделать интересную историю с вариативным прохождением и реализовать много идей. Напоминает и Драгон Едж Ориджинс и последние игры Пиранья Байтс. В любом случае проект интересный попробовать стоит. Чего стоит только 4 разных вариации прохождения одной и той же миссии.С первых минут понимаешь, что разработчики пытались сделать интересную историю с вариативным прохождением и реализовать много идей. Напоминает и Драгон Едж Ориджинс и последние игры Пиранья Байтс. В любом случае проект интересный попробовать стоит. Чего стоит только 4 разных вариации прохождения одной и той же миссии.
  16. Sep 10, 2019
    Fantastic AA game. A perfect blend of Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 2.
  17. Sep 11, 2019
    Make no mistake, Greedfall is not perfect. It's an AA game with AA flaws. But if you've been waiting for an RPG that relives the magic of Kotor or Dragon Age: Origins, then the time has finally come: Greedfall is that game. Between choices that actually matter, character development that actually impacts your story, and a world that cares about what you're doing, Greedfall is the firstMake no mistake, Greedfall is not perfect. It's an AA game with AA flaws. But if you've been waiting for an RPG that relives the magic of Kotor or Dragon Age: Origins, then the time has finally come: Greedfall is that game. Between choices that actually matter, character development that actually impacts your story, and a world that cares about what you're doing, Greedfall is the first game in years to actually mean it when it puts the R in RPG. You're not going to remember the game for the combat or the graphics, and the trait systems will seem a bit shallow at first, but as you create your character and really develop a persona, you'll realize that every point you put into Charisma, or Science, or Intuition, etc..., actually impacted the way you interacted with the world. This is not an RPG where every stat point is just another way to kill stuff faster. Your choices will impact whether you can reason with a guard or a foreign emissary without resorting to sordid means, or it can mean the difference between having to kill a warehouse full of folks simply trying to do their job or slipping them a sleeping potion that keeps everyone alive and keeps you dent-free.

All-in-all, if you love the old RPGs, the Kotors of the world that cared about your choices and playstyle, then you owe it to yourself to play Greedfall. Spiders has gone back to the only thing which should ever have mattered for an RPG: Story, and that's something worth playing.

Not a review, but plea to devs: please continue down this path. Keep perfecting this craft. You guys could be the Bioware of a new generation with this kind of commitment and there's a whole host of gamers eager to see that happen.
  18. Sep 11, 2019
    Fantastic storytelling, unique lore and enticing character building. This is a true action RPG, and an experience AAA developers have been dropping the ball on for years. It's not perfect but the good greatly outweighs the few issues.
  19. Sep 11, 2019
    Really great game with an intersting story. Like any open world rpg after just coming out it has its bugs, but provides a lot of entertainment. It presents an original concept, that has many interesting themes and points of view regarding colonialism in the Americas. In my opinion it is way more interesting and complex than most games that come out nowadays. If anything Id say buy thisReally great game with an intersting story. Like any open world rpg after just coming out it has its bugs, but provides a lot of entertainment. It presents an original concept, that has many interesting themes and points of view regarding colonialism in the Americas. In my opinion it is way more interesting and complex than most games that come out nowadays. If anything Id say buy this game just to allow independent studios like Spider to keep creating content. With EA, Ubisoft, and the other major players dominating the market small independent studios with new ideas need room to breathe. Video games are an art and to relegate them to a formulaic model, as big studios want to, destroys innovation. (And anyone who complains about combat learn how to play, dont expect a game to spoonfeed you) Expand
  20. Sep 12, 2019
    Best double A rpg out rn. Not a triple A so don’t get fallout 3 hopes but damn for an indie developer (spiders definitely the best game the made so far) and the the price of 50$ definitely worth if your Interested in a fresh setting for an RPG.
  21. Sep 13, 2019
    without a doubt the sleeper of the year without being a triple A competes and copes with the heavy weights of the rpg without being perfect and with its failures everything it does it does well: impressive atmosphere, brutal artistic design, super fun, good story, Charismatic characters, good progression system, good missions ... the perfect fusion of dragon age and the witcher 2 iswithout a doubt the sleeper of the year without being a triple A competes and copes with the heavy weights of the rpg without being perfect and with its failures everything it does it does well: impressive atmosphere, brutal artistic design, super fun, good story, Charismatic characters, good progression system, good missions ... the perfect fusion of dragon age and the witcher 2 is undoubtedly the surprise of the year from now on we will have to be very attentive to what spiders do because if they have done this budget with little budget wonder in the future I don't know what they might be able to
    the heir of bioware has arrived
  22. Sep 13, 2019
    This is truly a great RPG. No Microtransactions, No Season Pass, No multiplayer. Just a true great story driven game.
  23. Sep 12, 2019
    This game is amazing! It fills that Bioware void perfectly. It has a nostalgic feeling to it as if it's familiar but entirely different.
  24. Sep 10, 2019
    The game is great, I have been playing for 18 hours so far.
    It is for all RPG lovers, with a good story, interesting side quest, fun combat, atmosphere, and lovely visual art- crafted with love and care by the company Spider. I didn't play any other their games.
    The game is great, I have been playing for 18 hours so far.
    Greedfall is for all Dragon age, Witcher and Dragons dogma fans:)..my only criticism goes to reused assets( as main buildings/halls)..and lack of more different enemies per gaming zones..and no jump with character:(..beside that - very good game, get it, you will not be disappointed:)) We need more game like this..go Spiders:)!
  25. Sep 10, 2019
    Truly brought back some nostalgic memories of classic bioware. Glad to see a real winner from spiders with this. However the game still has some jankness, which was to be expected from a smaller studio but the passion and detail put into this world is unmistakable.
  26. Sep 10, 2019
    Greedfall is not a triple A game but it is definitely a great game ! If the graphic quality, the animations and the controls are a bit out dated, Greedfall is a solid action RPG with a nice combat system, a good story and immersive quests in a deep world.
  27. Sep 10, 2019
    Greedfall’s introduction is full to the brim of interesting characters and misdemeaning first impressions, for instance (MINOR SPOILER) Kurt was introduced as a hot headed knowitall, however his character develops into something much better than I thought possible. Furthermore I am 4 hours into the game, and I’ve not set sail for the island yet, the game is captivating beyond belief. ItGreedfall’s introduction is full to the brim of interesting characters and misdemeaning first impressions, for instance (MINOR SPOILER) Kurt was introduced as a hot headed knowitall, however his character develops into something much better than I thought possible. Furthermore I am 4 hours into the game, and I’ve not set sail for the island yet, the game is captivating beyond belief. It isn’t without its negatives however, for instance the combat can be tedious at times, and in one quest I found it near impossible to craft an item when I had invested a skill point elsewhere. And the camera feels very heavy, while I like it I understand how it can be a bit of an annoyance taking some time to get used to, however the game is fun beyond my expectation and I am loving it so far. Expand
  28. Sep 12, 2019
    Game is exactly what I was looking for. As a lover of rpgs and rich stories, this game really focuses on delivering that. These game critics and users that give it a bad score perhaps may not be into this type of rpg game, period, or setting. Honestly if you like the Witcher or AC how can you not like this game? See below for why i like it.
    1) Dialogue and writing is mature and fits the
    1) Dialogue and writing is mature and fits the period and setting.
    2) No "Fetch Quests". I HATE fetch quests. "Find me my shield i lost it in the ruins over there". None of that in this game. All side missions actually have stories!! I LOVE this. I am not a person with a lot of free time, so being able to go into every mission knowing it will have a story lets me not waste my time.
    3) Nice graphics and character design. it is not a AAA studio, so don't expect too much, but it is still pleasant to look at.
    4)Characters in game are likable, especially the lead (your character).
    5) Music is unique.
    6) People are complaining about combat, but it is similar to witcher combat and i liked witcher combat.

Overall I want more games like this to come out, solid RPGs that aim to tell a story and avoid wasting my precious time. Great purchase and it is priced at $50 not $60. I would have paid $60.
  29. Sep 10, 2019
    an amazing piece of work from a studio that has led me down a couple of times before . it seems like spiders after the mediocre game that elex was , decided to bring the real thing . game has a pretty enjoyable combat system , an inspiring open world and some really pretty graphics and environments . a midieval open world rpg with an engaging story . spiders has finally found the rightan amazing piece of work from a studio that has led me down a couple of times before . it seems like spiders after the mediocre game that elex was , decided to bring the real thing . game has a pretty enjoyable combat system , an inspiring open world and some really pretty graphics and environments . a midieval open world rpg with an engaging story . spiders has finally found the right elements and brought their work to whole new level Expand
  30. Sep 10, 2019
    The game is far from a 10 but I can't give it a "mixed" score either because for all it's junkiness it's still a good game and so far I feel vey positive about it.
    The game reminds me of first dragon age but with the fraction of the budget. Greedfall feels like a game that exists because the developer wanted to make it. It has the soul and the vibe of the older games, with it's jankiness and cut corners, which of course doesn't excuse the problems, but it makes them more acceptable in my eyes.
    And sure, it's a 2019 release but why does that even matter? Not every studio should be expected to push the technology or use the cutting edge stuff, and greedfall doesnt, it does well with what it has but nothing more, don't expect it to wow you with it's graphics but it has a fairly strong sense of style to it and mostly relies on it and the direction of its cutscenes and dialogs and visually dialogs are way more interesting than characters standing and staring at each other.

Early game impressions:
    The bad: some of the writing makes sense only if a player character IS a player character, as in a blank page. Some of the reactions of De Sardet makes no sense giving they are living in this world and should have some knowledge and views on the matters and the factions they are dealing with, especially considering their position, title and the fact they have a set name and, sort of, personality.
    The dialogs feels a bit weird at times, with the classic bioware-style "i must be going" to finish almost every one of them
    The character creation is lacking and I don't understand why we can't give a first name to our character on creation. It's a bioware thing to have NPC address you by your surname or a title so I don't get why, it's a nitpick but hey, woulda been nice.

The good:
    Characters discussing quest objectives on the go is a neat touch and makes your companions feel more "alive" while also making the objective known to the player in a more immersive way.
    Gear and gear customization for both stats and style, really nice touch.
    Cutscenes are lovely and nicely animated and well directed, and even the dialogs have some use of camera angles and movements to make them look more interesting.
    Having several ways of completing the quest is always welcomed in any rpg and greed fall has it.

The alright:
    The combat looks fairly cool and is pretty fun, however it does suffer from the overal junkiness that is present in pretty much every aspect of the game. I do think it will become more of a specticle than a challenge as more options are open to the player. In short, feels good, but not a challenge so far.

Conclusion:
    It's not gonna set the world on fire and isn't going to "wow" a player with it's combat or graphics, or even the story, it seems. But it's a fairly strong RPG on it's own merit, with a ton of heart and soul, which might not sound like much, or like something tangible even, is still something I welcome with an open arms in a year of life service games. A solid single player RPG with a more unique setting.

It's a game that would benefit greatly from being the first in the series, the world looks interesting, the lore, the factions, the gameplay even, and I do hope there will be continuation with a bigger budget, as a new IP greedfall has a ton of potential.
  31. Sep 10, 2019
    I'm giving this game a rating of 8. Spiders is a super small company and to see what they have here is amazing! So far from what I've played the story is good. The combat needs improvement just a little clunky for my taste but hey it works for the game well also how you can pause and pick what moves you want to do next is great. The graphics are pretty good for this game. I feel like thisI'm giving this game a rating of 8. Spiders is a super small company and to see what they have here is amazing! So far from what I've played the story is good. The combat needs improvement just a little clunky for my taste but hey it works for the game well also how you can pause and pick what moves you want to do next is great. The graphics are pretty good for this game. I feel like this is a serious step in the right direction for them. Expand
  32. Sep 11, 2019
    First of all I wish ppl would stop giving games a 10 score. A 10 score should be a genre defining game that sets a trend for future games and those types of games are rare.

Ok onto Greedfall. Overall the game is good, with graphics, choices, companions and the quests are interesting as with the enemies/creatures. The voice acting is solid and for such a small team making this all I can say is well done to them.

Combat, animations feel heavy and clucky to me whereas I prefer what Ubisoft did with Odyssey with the combat as Odyssey combat feels more fluid and more reactive when you press a button.

The other problem I ran into was the quests don't tell you what level you need to be to complete it so I ended up facing enemies with skulls above their head during a quest which I might have avoided until I levelled up or improved my armor or weapons. This kind of information would have been helpful as it would give me the choice whether or not to attempt the said quest or not rather than being half way into a quest and then facing overpowered enemies.

So overall not too bad a game but for me needs some improvements in combat, animations and a notificaton on what level are quests compared to your level or armor.
  33. Sep 11, 2019
    Great game, spiritual successor of Kingdoms of Amalur, not so much of dragon age.
  34. Sep 26, 2019
    The game is not a role playing game, it is an action game with some story. There are almost no decisions to make in the game, few abilities to be gained.
    The combat is poor and simplistic, and I hate 3rd person cameras.
  35. Sep 12, 2019
    Great game! Combat is a bit hit or miss. But I really dislike the skilltree. This game is a story matters game hands down and doesnt seem to give much thought to the combat.
  36. Sep 12, 2019
    Sorpreson de juego! A pesar que son los creadores de bound by flames han hecho una gran trabajo. Ojito con esta compañía!
  37. Sep 26, 2019
    Pros:
    -Atmospheric
    -Decent combat (better then witcher). -Less wordy then Witcher 3. Less meaningless conversations -Average Story telling -Good voice acting -No filler MMO crap. Cons: -The story feels impersonal. You never feel like anything happens to the main character. Maybe the story is weak. -little glitchy. But nothing serious -teleporting forces you in a camping zome
    Pros:
    -Atmospheric
    -Decent combat (better then witcher).
    -Less wordy then Witcher 3. Less meaningless conversations
    -Average Story telling
    -Good voice acting
    -No filler MMO crap.

Cons:
    -little glitchy. But nothing serious
    -teleporting forces you in a camping zome each time. So you have 2 loading screens
    -A little too orsnge/brown color palette in the world...
    -Cities are carbon copiea of each other. Unoriginal
    -Looting is hard, your charscter is too jumpy. Wish they had autoloot
    -No autosave or quicksave. Have to scroll menu each time
    -Missed opportunity to have meaningful decision based story telling

CONCLUSION:
    This feels like a classic real RPG that doesnt try to be something else. It greatly strips the fat and bloat which is present in other largerscale games. Quests had a story and good plots to them. Everything felt more meaningful. The zones felt like condesced and focused. A welcome change. The combat was simple and effective. It is similar to witcher 3 but BETTER caracter movement and impactful sense of hitting enemies and better looking.
    P.S Dont listen to other reviewers about this being DAOrigin , its not. There was very little decisions that affect the story ark. I was mislead by other reviewes into thinking it shared core commonalities.

EDIT: I just did the story quest for a companion which consisted of sneaking into a building and getting a document. Highly disappointed. The game is just bare bones. I don't know what anyone is talking about it was a fetch quest in my eyes.
  38. Sep 10, 2019
    Enjoying the game so far. I like the customisation to your armour and choices and other RPG elements
  39. Sep 10, 2019
    Not bad for a double a game!!! For a small studio it's a really good game, it kinda reminds me of assassins creed and the witcher
  40. Sep 10, 2019
    Great game to sit down and crack a cold one to. Highly recommend this game if you're a fan of RPG.
  41. Sep 10, 2019
    Phenomenal game
    Sure it falters in facial animations, but it makes up for in a beautiful world to explore, solid combat, and a story you can make your own. Not a 10 but a solid 9.
  42. Sep 10, 2019
    It's a AA game with a solid enough narrative and world that makes up for it's AA shortcomings (combat). If you're someone that values gameplay (combat) over story, then this is almost certainly not for you. If you're someone that plays for a solid story experience, then this might be for you.
  43. Sep 10, 2019
    I'm really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of dragon age. Haven't ran into many issues. The only issue I've seen was the bad facial animations but that isn't really an issue for me. Can't wait to see what lies in store for spiders and Greedfall!
  44. Sep 10, 2019
    Spiders best game yet, my recommendation would be to lower your look sensitivity, makes for a more enjoyable game.
  45. Sep 12, 2019
    Having so much fun. The reviewers on YouTube or with the media are bougie af.
  46. Sep 10, 2019
    Tras más de 16 horas puedo decir que es un gran juego, la historia y las secundarias, están bastante bien, no son las típicas de recadero. El poder realizar las misiones de distintas maneras le dá muchos puntos. Los personajes son carismáticos. Lo único negativo que le he visto son las pocas opciones para crearte tu personaje, pero en general cumple y bastante.
    Un juego que a pesar de no
    Un juego que a pesar de no tener un estudio grande ha hecho un juego muy bueno al que hay que darle una oportunidad. En conclusión, si te gustan los rpg éste es tú juego.
  47. Sep 10, 2019
    + Beatiful amazing rich world
    + Perfect quest and story
    + Locaticon desing is an art

- oudated graphic
  48. Sep 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Reminds me a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The characters and world-building are not quite as well written as Inquisition, but they are serviceable for delivering exploration and side quests with a lot of personality. The gameplay and enemy design are good but there is no variation after you hit the ten-hour point. I can't spoil the story but I'll say it's just ok. It never really hits it home or comes up with a meaningful message. Greedfall wants to come across as an unbias reflection of our worlds real-life history, but it doesn't work at all. Greedfall presents immoral acts like colonialism, slavery, and massacre as if they are just choices. When you make these immoral choices the game tiptoes around treating you like the villain like the writers are afraid of the player fragility. It's almost like Greedfall wants to call in to question the idea that muder and other such things are evil. I'm not saying the game shouldn't allow you to make the wrong choice, Fable and Infamous are good examples of how to do moral systems right. Greedfall wants to let the player have their cake and eat it too, there's nothing wrong indulging your evil side but Greedfall's refusal to offend the player definitely, in my opinion, causes another Spiders game to have a subpar narrative. Expand
  49. Sep 11, 2019
    loving this game. a great story and rpg system, great world, interesting characters but the combat is a bit off, animation and fps is janky. i enjoyed this very much though. it's a AA game not a AAA game so don't expect too much and you'll be pleased. kinda reminds me of The Witcher (first game) good but a bit janky but they improved... hopefully this game'd be Spiders big break
  50. Sep 12, 2019
    This is a very good game. It has everything an RPG fan loves, nice world, character customization, party members, weapon and armor crafting ect. I picked up this game day one and have been loving every moment of it so far. I will say that if you go into the game expecting a AAA title you won't find it. This is a game crafted with heart by a group of under 40 people. So yes there are someThis is a very good game. It has everything an RPG fan loves, nice world, character customization, party members, weapon and armor crafting ect. I picked up this game day one and have been loving every moment of it so far. I will say that if you go into the game expecting a AAA title you won't find it. This is a game crafted with heart by a group of under 40 people. So yes there are some bugs, nothing that can't be fixed with a patch or two. This is a game that any RPG fan will have a great time with, plus it's $50, more reason to give it a shot. Expand
  51. Sep 12, 2019
    Any fan of the classic RPG model will enjoy this game and find just how much care was put into this craft. Being a AA game it doesn't have all the flash of the AAA games, but it has all the same elements. Great story with choices allowing for huge replayability value, fun characters to add to your party. The combat isn't anything special but it works for Greedfall. If you are a fan of theAny fan of the classic RPG model will enjoy this game and find just how much care was put into this craft. Being a AA game it doesn't have all the flash of the AAA games, but it has all the same elements. Great story with choices allowing for huge replayability value, fun characters to add to your party. The combat isn't anything special but it works for Greedfall. If you are a fan of the dragon age series, I would recommend giving this game a chance. Expand
  52. Sep 12, 2019
    Me parece un juego soberbio tanto en ambientación como diversión!
    Gran RPG con un bajo coste pero no menos de estar entre los grandes
  53. Sep 13, 2019
    For such a low key game, this is a master piece! Beautiful world that keeps me searching for more! I love greedfall
  54. Sep 13, 2019
    Given the resources that spider has this game is a fantastic addition to their already impressive library and while their games are not perfect and don't have the support of a triple a title they do some fantastic work that everyone should take time to play.

Greedfall is a signal to the industry let's spiders is on the up-and-up and it's going to make some fantastic games in the futures. Greedfall fall has some fun combat and a subtle complexity to its open skill progression

The real Hidden Gem in this game is the deep and complex Construction of its quests. and how the order in which you do quests can affect your options
  55. Sep 16, 2019
    Despite being a bit choppy, this fantasy RPG is great in terms of graphics and stellar for having an open-world. This game plays very much like a similar Bioware made type game such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, with maybe some CD Projekt Red Witcher 3 thrown in. I have to give it a good rating because it feels like it came from a much bigger studio than it actually did and it is pretty easyDespite being a bit choppy, this fantasy RPG is great in terms of graphics and stellar for having an open-world. This game plays very much like a similar Bioware made type game such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, with maybe some CD Projekt Red Witcher 3 thrown in. I have to give it a good rating because it feels like it came from a much bigger studio than it actually did and it is pretty easy to forget that once you get involved in it. The storyline is pretty good, with a solid start once you get going and lots of sidequesting to do, and in addition there seems to much to explore on the island that you travel to in the course of the game. A bit could be worked on in terms of the combat mechanics department, but it doesn't suffer from choppiness any more than other games of its type (also referring to Witcher and DA:I in regards to this.) This game has some pretty good character development, for those who really like to tweak out their talent trees - there are multiple aspects of the game for that such as crafting, increasing a character's fighting prowess, physical and mental attributes, etc.

Summary: For being from a smaller studio you can tell that a lot of heart and soul went into this title, especially once you really get into it and leave the starting village and reach the major island destination.

Edit: I have dropped my review from an 8 to a 5 due to massive game-breaking glitches on a late game quest that prevent further progress from being made.
  56. Sep 21, 2019
    This game is a lie. Actually this game worth 25-30$ but they sell for 50$. It's not an open world game, it's a semi-open world game with a weird travelling system and a useless map. The graphics are ok, but a facial animations are ugly. Gameplay is boring. The fighting is not fluid. You have to walk a lot from travelling point to travelling point and nothing happens for minutes. This gameThis game is a lie. Actually this game worth 25-30$ but they sell for 50$. It's not an open world game, it's a semi-open world game with a weird travelling system and a useless map. The graphics are ok, but a facial animations are ugly. Gameplay is boring. The fighting is not fluid. You have to walk a lot from travelling point to travelling point and nothing happens for minutes. This game is very disappointing! Expand
  57. Sep 11, 2019
    An absolute boring disaster for $50... No seriously, the combat is dull, and everything just feels and looks so freaking outdated. What a shame!
  58. Sep 14, 2019
    Basically a bad hybrid of DA inquisition and witcher 2. Boring story, bad gameplay, one biome for a whole game. While playing I saw replicas of the same NPC standing right in front of each other, replicas of buildings, even some environmental details are the same: trees, rocks, ramps. Face animations give a strong andromeda vibe. Doesn't worth playing
  59. Sep 14, 2019
    Спасибо за отсутствие даже текстовой локализации. Что с сони не так?! Или кто отвечает за локализацию! Хоть бы текст завезли!!
  60. Sep 18, 2019
    Having a game-ending bug in the main questline is unacceptable. I'm 25 hours in, and do not have a save prior to two much earlier quests that must have been completed in a particular order, that have now locked my game from progressing any further.

At the very least there should be an acknowledgment with some sort of ETA on a fix...

I'm not restarting this game.
  61. Sep 10, 2019
    Esperaba mas de este juego pero la verdad no me gustó es todo lo que tengo que decir
  62. Sep 10, 2019
    Tenia muchas esperanzas en este juego pero la verdad cuando lo jugue no me dejó un buen sabor de boca
  63. Sep 11, 2019
    The writing is just horribly boring.. To make matters worse, the combat mechanics are some worst I've ever seen. Being stuck in a closed space with an overpowered boss early on -- and the game is bottlenecked so you can't advance past the beginning without beating it -- and being unable to move effectively is just infuriating, not fun or challenging. If the game is this badly designed inThe writing is just horribly boring.. To make matters worse, the combat mechanics are some worst I've ever seen. Being stuck in a closed space with an overpowered boss early on -- and the game is bottlenecked so you can't advance past the beginning without beating it -- and being unable to move effectively is just infuriating, not fun or challenging. If the game is this badly designed in the beginning, I don't even want to know what the rest is like. I'm returning it tomorrow. Expand
  64. Sep 10, 2019
    Very good GDR game hold style
    IjlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllIjlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllIjlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  65. Sep 11, 2019
    Game is good but has a gold prob when u pick up an item ex sword it might say value 52 gold but when u go and store that item and look at the value in your trunk it's now worth 400 gold but when u take it out and go sell it the value goes back down to 52
  66. Sep 11, 2019
    A competent RPG which combines the aesthetics of Witcher and Dragon Age to create a game worth buying at a lower price. Interesting story and characters, a good use of a faction system and fun if a bit easy combat. while not the most graphically intensive game with some pretty bad facial animations I would defiantly recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun 30 hour long RPGA competent RPG which combines the aesthetics of Witcher and Dragon Age to create a game worth buying at a lower price. Interesting story and characters, a good use of a faction system and fun if a bit easy combat. while not the most graphically intensive game with some pretty bad facial animations I would defiantly recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun 30 hour long RPG adventure. if anything compared to other RPGs combining the colonial era with a fantasy setting, this game is at least better than games like Risen 2 and 3. Expand
  67. IST
    Sep 11, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great adventure from a dev team who clearly poured their heart and soul into the project.

A must have for any lapsed BioWare (RIP) fans 100%
  68. Sep 12, 2019
    I'm about 20 or so hours into this game and am loving it! The uniqueness of the faction system, characters, world, and game-play are all engaging and I can already tell there will be much replay-ability with this game. It feels like a well crafted blend of the world of the Witcher and the party system of Dragon age. The only draw back would be that the combat is simple, but still worksI'm about 20 or so hours into this game and am loving it! The uniqueness of the faction system, characters, world, and game-play are all engaging and I can already tell there will be much replay-ability with this game. It feels like a well crafted blend of the world of the Witcher and the party system of Dragon age. The only draw back would be that the combat is simple, but still works fine for a small studio AA game. Would recommend! Expand
  69. Sep 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game for any DA/Mass/Witcher fan. It scratches an itch that no recent games have been able to do in some time. For a AA title; it's more polished than most AAA entries in recent memory. Expand
  70. Sep 14, 2019
    It’s the best game of 2019 hands down. I love it so much oh my god, reminds me of old school bioware
  71. Sep 14, 2019
    Genial juego de RPG. Presenta pequeños fallos a nivel gráfico, pero son totalmente perdonables debido a la cautivadora historia y a el gran abanico de posibilidades para superar las misiones. Tiempos de carga casi inexistentes. Sorpresón.
  72. Sep 14, 2019
    He jugado la introducción (3-4 horas) y se me ha pasado volando. Las misiones a la altura de los antiguos de Bioware pasando la mano por la cara a varios AAA con un presupuesto mucho mayor. Realmente vale la pena cada euro invertido.
  73. Sep 15, 2019
    Amazing game! Watch and learn BioWare! Greedfall rich story, beautiful scenery, complex battle system and crafting along side with character development made this game one of my favorites this year! If you liked Dragan age, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Elex, Risen, damn, this is a title for you! Let me be clear this is not a perfect game. It has a few glitches and quirks now andAmazing game! Watch and learn BioWare! Greedfall rich story, beautiful scenery, complex battle system and crafting along side with character development made this game one of my favorites this year! If you liked Dragan age, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Elex, Risen, damn, this is a title for you! Let me be clear this is not a perfect game. It has a few glitches and quirks now and then but in general it’s pretty polished. Spiders development team put their heart and soul in this game and you can feel it. I can recommend Greedfall to every RPG lover out there! Expand
  74. Sep 15, 2019
    Its a great game totally fulfilled the expectations i got towards it, except the skill tree is too small
  75. Sep 15, 2019
    Played for about 10 hours and it has sucked me in. Great game so far! I like the combat system.
  76. Sep 15, 2019
    I'm 60 hours in the game at the moment, as a huge classic rpg and Dragon Age fan I love it.
    Reminds me of the good old days where you pay full price for a game and not get bombarded with MTX or lootboxes.
  77. Sep 15, 2019
    Great story with fun characters and immersive atmosphere . Better than most of the rpgs available at the moment. I would happily suggest this game to any rpg lovers.
  78. Sep 16, 2019
    The issues are apparent when playing, but as this is from a AA developer, and is original in concept and lore, it's top notch. Hopefully this is just the first installment and Spiders will build on this world more and more as time goes on. Definitely enjoying this game and all it has to offer. Hopefully Spiders will take up the mantle Bioware seemingly threw out the window
  79. Sep 16, 2019
    It's got a little jank and a lot of heart. If you liked Mass Effect or Dragon Age type games this is a must buy
  80. Sep 17, 2019
    Игра замечательная, невероятная атмосфера. Напоминает старые игры, это да, но это не плохо. Хорошая боёвка, приятная графика и не плохой сюжет
  81. Sep 20, 2019
    The quests and characters in this game help set the tone for me. There were really no boring fetch quests, or go here and come back with "x". You can tell from playing this game that a lot of heart was put in from a smaller studio. I can't say I liked Spider's previous games, but they have me sold on Greedfall.
  82. Sep 20, 2019
    Fun main story with interesting characters, immersive atmosphere and fun diverse combat. Better than many of the rpgs that have come out recently, looking at you Dragon Age. If you are a fan of classic rpgs you'll really enjoy yourself playing this AA game.
  83. Sep 20, 2019
    This game has apparently slipped under the radar and it has been quite a challenge to get a physical copy. For me, this has been one of the top games of the year so far, and quite a good surprise. It does have some issues, but these have not taken from the enjoyment this game has to offer. Spider has put a lot of effort into producing this title, and imagine if they had more resources theyThis game has apparently slipped under the radar and it has been quite a challenge to get a physical copy. For me, this has been one of the top games of the year so far, and quite a good surprise. It does have some issues, but these have not taken from the enjoyment this game has to offer. Spider has put a lot of effort into producing this title, and imagine if they had more resources they would have beaten the AAA players at their own game with no trouble at all! Expand
  84. Sep 26, 2019
    So far so good, I think Greedfall is a '7' game that fits snugly between 'meh' titles like the Risen series, and solid titles like Dragon Age 2 and (the original) Witcher. I bump it up to an '8' because it is refreshing to get a game that doesn't rely on microtransactions, some kind of online/social component, or pay-to-win mentality that has taken over gaming. This is a single playerSo far so good, I think Greedfall is a '7' game that fits snugly between 'meh' titles like the Risen series, and solid titles like Dragon Age 2 and (the original) Witcher. I bump it up to an '8' because it is refreshing to get a game that doesn't rely on microtransactions, some kind of online/social component, or pay-to-win mentality that has taken over gaming. This is a single player game for people like myself who love to get immersed in a fantasy world by themselves.

I'm still in the beginning stages of the game and I've been really impressed with the visuals - great lighting, great attention to detail, a lot of 'oooh that looks good' moments usually reserved for AAA titles. There are enough systems going on to qualify this as a robust RPG, though none of them (crafting, inventory-management, leveling, questing, combat, dialogue-choices) quite rise to the levels of the more popular franchises. They're all a bit clunky in their own way, but they all work as intended, and they're all there. The storytelling itself is actually quite good, with a solid story woven through the middle of a number of side-quests, and exploration is fun.

This is an 'area exploration' game rather than an open world game - more in line with the earlier dragon age games or fable than the open worlds of later dragon age or witcher games (or any of the elder scrolls games) we've gotten used to. But this allows for more purposeful and creative design choices, and the exploration still works well.

Combat is finicky for me so far - I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be Souls-game challenging, yet because I keep forgetting what buttons do what, and the ease with which it is to die, it feels that challenging to me at the moment. Like all games, this will improve the more used to the controls I get. Just don't expect it to be a super smooth experience from the get-go, and don't be surprised if you get owned even in the combat training session. I was kind of hoping to go in guns blazing, but guns are just a side-thing, the real emphasis is on melee, even if you're devoted to being a gunslinger. I haven't tried magic yet.

Overall, I'm pleased. I think it's overall value (given that people are saying the game lasts between 30 and 60 hours) is about ten dollars cheaper than where it's at, but we 'Western' RPG fans need our fix and Greedfall delivers that fix. It's not as challenging as a Souls game, it's not as robust as an Elder Scrolls or Witcher game, it's not as strategic as a Divinity or Pillars game - but it contains all of these elements, and does so in a fully-realized, beautifully-rendered world with a lot to offer.

I can see Greedfall being Spiders equivalent to the original Witcher. Good enough to get our attention and get mostly good ratings, but a better introduction to a series that can only get better with time. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Spiders will have a Witcher 3 success somewhere down the road.

Now, back to that boss that keeps owning me....

EDIT (9/26): Now 21 hours in, I have good news and bad news. The good news is I feel like I'm only about halfway through, if that. The game has scope. The bad news is, this middle part is a real slodge. I am spending the vast majority of my time merely running back and forth between NPC's, in different areas of the map. Battle is actually fairly scarce. And to make matters worse, and why I'm dropping my initial score of '8' down to '7', is the fact that this 'looks' like an open world game, gorgeous vistas, amazing art all around, really - but the linear nature of the maps is frustrating. I can be heading straight toward the goal on my map, only to be confounded (for the millionth time) by a 'wall' of trees or mountains. We're in the open world era of RPGs now. This absolutely kills immersion and causes me to just quit the game more often than not, knowing that even getting to my destination simply means being told to go to another one. I should also point out that combat (the few times here and there that it occurs), is still fun, batman-style, but it's now overwhelmingly easy instead of overwhelmingly challenging as it was in the beginning.

I'm still very happy about the lack of online necessity and micropurchases, so I still think this is an above-average game. But now I've got it at a '6' with the lack of online and microtransactions bumping it to a 7. I still want to see this through, but it has become repetitive and frustrating through these (what I'm assuming are) middle parts.
  85. Sep 22, 2019
    Fantastic world-building, lore, and dialogue is reminiscent of Dragon Age and Mass Effect. The combat keeps you actively involved in each fight, and there's menus and stats to pour over and a great crafting system. The technical issues of pop-in, occasional jerky movement, and poor facial animations cannot be overlooked but are easily forgiven due to how much fun the game is. Highly recommended.
  86. Sep 22, 2019
    Просто ужасная игра. Плохой сюжет, плохая анимация, плохой геймплей! 0/10
  87. Sep 24, 2019
    By far one of the best games I have played in years and I always buy the best rpg titles. Days gone didn't keep me intrigued or this immersed in the game for even half the time that greedfall has. One of the best rpg games I have ever played hands down.
  88. Sep 24, 2019
    Great game for a small studio. Phenomenal story, deep side quests, diverse characters, and fun gameplay. I had some minor gripes with the facial animations and area glitches, but once you put that aside, the immersion is real. I can't wait to see what Spiders does next.
  89. Oct 1, 2019
    So fun and fast paced only gripe not as challenging as previous spiders games.
  90. Nov 3, 2019
    Techomancer was better. Better world, plot, companions, animations. For me Greedfall is good game but little disappointed.
  91. Mar 13, 2020
    I dont know why Spiders studio game keep getting the short end of the stick by "Professional" Gamer journalist, probably not contributing enough to their wallets as they are just a small studio. If you are a RPG fan and love innovation in the genre, check out any of Spiders RPGs, they are all underrated but are complete gems. The latest narrative for Games reviewers to tear a game to shredI dont know why Spiders studio game keep getting the short end of the stick by "Professional" Gamer journalist, probably not contributing enough to their wallets as they are just a small studio. If you are a RPG fan and love innovation in the genre, check out any of Spiders RPGs, they are all underrated but are complete gems. The latest narrative for Games reviewers to tear a game to shred is any sort of performance or bug issues. Which is just as stupid as when they use to complain about games being to linear, to short , to brown , to many of the same genre.. Games journalist make up a random qualifier every few years to dump on games, and many of these game become well known and well received years later after the intelligent public finally get around to playing them. Spiders RPGs are among these games. Expand
  92. Feb 17, 2020
    Good game. It's a case when a small team can create a nice game. Of course it have lot of problems like empty world and copy past locations but for Spiders is a great step forward.
  93. Sep 15, 2019
    Solid gameplay, if a bit confusing at first. The controls are very easy to learn and not as bad as some people say. Great visuals, beautiful scenary, challenging fights. For the people that complain about really hard bosses, there's an easy option. The character selection is very limited. The voice acting is very good. Overall, it is a great game for such a small company.
  94. Sep 15, 2019
    Acima do esperado, para um jogo desenvolvido por uma empresa gamer de menor porte, gostei do modo de combate, suporte a língua do meu país.Poderia melhorar o drama da história.
  95. Sep 16, 2019
    What GreedFall does good:
    - Quests, plots: for instance they give time for the tension and the general twist timing. For example in Witcher 3 you will have 340923409 quests that ending and opening are 5-6 min apart ;)
    - Writing, characters - Voice acting! - Interesting LORE - Fight and character developement (could be better, but is fun) What it will remind you: times, where there
    What GreedFall does good:
    - Writing, characters
    - Voice acting!
    - Interesting LORE
    - Fight and character developement (could be better, but is fun)

What it will remind you: times, where there were less MMO-like boring quests. Dragon Age: Origins, Gothic, bit of Elder Scrolls. Great inspirations!

What needs to be improved:
    - it is TO EASY to find some important document/key
    - Bugs here and there ;)
    - Maybe more complex character development
    - Greater diversity between buildings and urban places
    - Grater diversity between character faces
    - It is easy to lost path

Overall great adventure, which is really a pleasure. Go on Spiders, i am with you.
  96. Sep 16, 2019
    This is a flawed game. Facial animations are not great and poorly aligned with dialog. Movement when trying to open a chest can be a little janky. I've seen a couple of minor graphics glitches. I once saw some dialog that spoiled something I hadn't actually encountered. The UI, and fast travel in particular is a pain (I hate that they give me a list of fast travel locations instead ofThis is a flawed game. Facial animations are not great and poorly aligned with dialog. Movement when trying to open a chest can be a little janky. I've seen a couple of minor graphics glitches. I once saw some dialog that spoiled something I hadn't actually encountered. The UI, and fast travel in particular is a pain (I hate that they give me a list of fast travel locations instead of showing me a map with them, but love that they indicate which fast travel location is closest to my current quest destination).

That said, I'm also enjoying it quite a bit. The quest lines are telling interesting stories and that your official job is diplomat gives you an opening to some interesting quest ideas. I chuckled a bit when, after setting up a meeting between two other factions, I was politely told to leave while they actually negotiated because I wasn't part of either faction. The voice acting is pretty good and I like that every group is at least a little shady. The skill tree is fun, if nonsensical (it is really that much harder to fire a rifle than a pistol? - I'm pretty sure historically, rifles came first). The Attribute and Talent advancement always have me debating, Talents, in particular, are a difficult decision because all are so useful.

I would not recommend this for anyone expecting a post-Witcher 3 level of graphics, but if you're willing to look past its flaws, this is a very fun game.

I bought this almost on a whim and did not expect to finish it. However, it has really pulled me in and I fully expect to complete the game.
  97. Sep 18, 2019
    Greedfall is promising. Apparently, it was made by a small group of developers. Their next game could be really good. This one makes me hopeful for the future. The vision for it was not fully achieved yet.
  98. Sep 21, 2019
    How much you get out of Greedfall will depend largely on how much you enjoy the story, for me it was the best part of the game and kept me consistently entertained throughout the 40 hours I spent with it. The combat, and RPG systems are also thoroughly enjoyable, but unfortunately they start to get very old towards the end of the game. Combat doesn't really change too much from the firstHow much you get out of Greedfall will depend largely on how much you enjoy the story, for me it was the best part of the game and kept me consistently entertained throughout the 40 hours I spent with it. The combat, and RPG systems are also thoroughly enjoyable, but unfortunately they start to get very old towards the end of the game. Combat doesn't really change too much from the first to the last hour, and the RPG mechanics that hands out hard earned and useful ability points which at first seem so vital, are far less impactful towards the end. Another thing of note is the world, it's a joy to explore each zone and discover the campsites and for an AA game the art direction is stunning, however towards the end you'll encounter missions that take you from one zone to another, this leads to most of your time being spent looking at loading screens as you fast travel to the campfire closest to your objective, running 20 meters then repeating. Other little niggles like repeated in door layouts and assets may break immersion for some, but they didn't bother me too much. If I'd reviewed the game at 20 hours I'd have had no qualms giving it an 8 maybe even a 9 as it captured that Bioware magic of old, however it failed to stick the landing. It's still well worth playing the conclusion of the story, but I felt like I was struggling towards that finish line. Expand
  99. Sep 29, 2019
    The game is a great 1st step into a new world. It delivers solid side and main mission stories that, while can be your typical “talk to this person” or “gather this item”, unfold into great stories and add good flavor to a well put together stew of a game.
  100. Sep 30, 2019
    Definitely fixing my rpg/exploring itch. It’s by no means perfect but I am so glad I got it as I have put in over 20 hours the last 2.5 days. Can’t wait to keep exploring!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 37 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 19, 2019
    Ultimately, GreedFall is another step forward for Spiders and is its strongest entry to date. Its previous releases may elicit some skepticism, but GreedFall, while not perfect, is a welcome addition to the gaming canon. It is a fine example of what smaller developers like Spiders can offer to complement the other experiences out there. Even with its faults, RPGamers should welcome GreedFall into their personal collections.
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 25, 2019
    GreedFall won’t win over those who can’t stand certain gameplay half-measures and lack of polish but those who are not opposed to playing budget games should enjoy it just fine. [12/2019, p.44]
  3. Sep 30, 2019
    Even though it resembles other WRPGs that came before it, GreedFall is a solid gaming experience for those wanting a choice-heavy narrative.