4.0

1. May 20, 2016
    Folks, let's be honest - this game is scrappy. It's a scrappy game, that feels like if it were to have some more time to bake it could have been certified as special.
    Just to put fears to rest, the framerate is not as bad as some have reported. It feels mostly smooth-ish, clocking what feels like 25-30fps most of the time.
    But this has to be one of the best open world games I've played
    But this has to be one of the best open world games I've played in a while. The level design is fantastic, truly. The Ai is actually pretty decent, I'm a stealthy player myself and the stealth is good. The gunplay feels good, and actually more realistic than most shooters. There's also a lot of variety to the gameplay, with the different districts, making tasks you completed before feel fresh! There are lots of tools available to the player to get creative and to overcome the odds. As the deck IS stacked against you.

There's a lot of very cool things in this game. And frankly I've enjoyed it more than FARCRY4. Which I did enjoy.
    The game i feel was oddly trashed by the critics and it seems strange, as I've played worse that has been rated higher! Just goes to show, the critics ain't always right.
    It's certainly not as polished as it could be but I think they will mostly likely patch the game.

One of the better games I've played in the last 12 months. Highly recommended.
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    Before I get too far I should tell you that I just happened to come across Homefront during a gamestop sale for $17.99 about a week ago 12-06-2016. I am caught up with most of my back log so I decided to try it out. I am well aware of the problems this game had at launch, and totally agree with the low score it received because of it. The game should have never been launched in theBefore I get too far I should tell you that I just happened to come across Homefront during a gamestop sale for $17.99 about a week ago 12-06-2016. I am caught up with most of my back log so I decided to try it out. I am well aware of the problems this game had at launch, and totally agree with the low score it received because of it. The game should have never been launched in the state it was in, but I digress. Homefront The Revolution is an open world first person shooter that seems to be closest in comparison to a Far Cry game. Your job is to take back America from the invading North Korean army. Long story short this is an alternate reality where before the war North Korea was an American ally. The war was started because the U.S defaulted on billions of dollars of debt owed to North Korea. The U.S economy collapses giving North Korea the perfect opportunity to invade. Like Far Cry, Homefront places you in an open world (in this case Philadelphia) with districts to liberate from North Korean control. Yellow and Red zones are what you start in, and once you liberate certain districts you will be able to see stash spots or vehicle spots on the map. Kind of like when you take a tower in Far Cry and it opens up the map so you can see what exactly is in the area. It is a basic style of game play but believe it or not, it has it's moments. Being a huge fan of Dark Souls and other really hard games I was a bit surprised at how difficult this game is. This is a guerrilla warfare type of game which basically means you are out numbered and out gunned so hit and run tactics are your best friend. This isn't like most fps where you can take several hits before dying or taking several hits and hide so your health regenerates. It only takes 3 or 4 shots to kill you so if you happen to stumble across a 4 man patrol your best strategy is run, or find higher ground and attack with the element of surprise. Although the AI isn't exactly the smartest they can and WILL flank you any way they can so it can get pretty intense. The guns you can use are super limited which was kind of a let down BUT the customization of each gun can mix things up a bit. For instance, in the beginning of the game I was given a pistol and a few other gun parts I was able to use to convert my pistol into a SMG. This is all done simply by pressing up on the d-pad. That will allow you to see where you can add or subtract attachments from whatever weapon you have equipped, and you can do this on the fly which is nice. You are probably wondering if what was wrong with the game at launch was fixed, and for the most part I can say it is. The frame rate is ssssoooooo much better. Almost to the point where I only saw it drop during a huge firefight with all kinds of bombs going off. Other that that I haven't noticed anything super obvious. The patch I had to download after installing the game was almost 10 gigs so I imagine there was a lot fixed, and like I said I finished the game and didn't come across anything other than one or two frame rate dips during intense firefights and some minor AI issues. If you haven't played Homefront yet it is totally worth $17.00 to $20.00 at gamestop or anywhere you can find it cheaper than PSN. I think you will be a bit surprised at how fun it CAN be. Again, this game did not justify the 60 dollar launch price, and I totally agree with most of the lower user scores because this game was totally broken at launch. That said if you haven't played it and can afford 20 bucks go ahead and try it out. I had a lot of fun with it. Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2017
    How dare you? Making this free to play? This game is a**. I only played the multiplayer for 15 minutes. Frame dropping, glitches, and a plethora of issues. Give me my time back....
  4. Jul 9, 2016
    the framerate is just broken, the gameplay is really poor and often you get stuck in the environment for no reason. the graphics overall look terrible, too. don't get this game.
  5. May 13, 2018
    Wow what a giant steaming pile of dog **** this game has turned out to be. From poor graphics to terrible storyline to slow framerates to ridiculous weapon choice to etc... There isn't one single aspect of this game that I could call good. Seriously it is that bad. It might be the worst FPS game ever introduced. The developers should be ashamed and have their fingers and keyboards brokenWow what a giant steaming pile of dog **** this game has turned out to be. From poor graphics to terrible storyline to slow framerates to ridiculous weapon choice to etc... There isn't one single aspect of this game that I could call good. Seriously it is that bad. It might be the worst FPS game ever introduced. The developers should be ashamed and have their fingers and keyboards broken so that they can never put something like this out again. Expand
  6. May 18, 2016
    If you prefer tactical shooters (Observe, plan, then execute) with a hard edged, gritty survivalist feel like in the acclaimed Metro series, then Homefront The Revolution is for you.

This is not a straight up shooter like CoD, Battlefield or Doom. The aim is not to kill everyone on sight asap like many other popular first person shooters, but to take them by surprise and then win the engagement despite their overwhelming numbers and firepower. Non-regenerating health, limited ammo and resources keep it grounded in reality. The enemies actually patrol the streets, aware of your suspicious actions, use environmental cover and breach a building at multiple entry points. You can ambush 3 guys coming up the stairs, but another one will come in through the window. The A.I. is not dumb, not at the highest difficulty that I am playing on.

Homefront The Revolution is a misunderstood game because it doesn't follow the mould of popular shooters like CoD or Battlefield. However, credit must be given when it is due. Other than the Metro series, there is no other intelligent shooter on the market right now that is like Homefront The Revolution. Despite the challenges that the team faced during development; their bold vision, unyielding persistence and determination to do something different in a already crowded FPS market should be commended.

For those who are enjoying Homefront The Revolution as much as I do, Dambuster Studios have created something really special for gamers to enjoy.
  7. Sep 21, 2016
    Pathetic story and no innovation from others open world games. But, the setting is great and the combats are really full of action. The last patch finally fixed the inconsistent frame-rate on consoles, but there are still some bugs...Also, it is very similar to what has offered Far Cry 3/4 .

Finally , I recommend buying only at a reduced price. It's not the best shooter of the year; was a disappointment (yes) but is far from being a real **** . Its decent...

PS: Special mention to the great soundtrack
  8. May 17, 2016
    If you are looking to have a good time please do not proceed, as this rendition of Homefront has no truly worthwhile qualities to speak of. Have the Graphics been improved? Yes but the gameplay is borderline broken and the story is extremely boring. The game truly feels unfinished as there are tearing and frame-rate issues; not to mention glitches galore. I've gotten stuck in walls andIf you are looking to have a good time please do not proceed, as this rendition of Homefront has no truly worthwhile qualities to speak of. Have the Graphics been improved? Yes but the gameplay is borderline broken and the story is extremely boring. The game truly feels unfinished as there are tearing and frame-rate issues; not to mention glitches galore. I've gotten stuck in walls and fell through the floor 3 times. I try to find some kind of positive quality in every game I review and I guess for Homefront: The Revolution it would have to be the sabotage missions are somewhat entertaining for a while but they also get really really repetitive. Overall I feel like the game was rushed and those who worked on it didn't really care about the product, so nor should you. Expand
  9. Dec 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not sure why this got such bad reviews. I didn't play on day one but I don't see any issues and its actually a very fun game to play. There are a lot of games out there that deserve a worse rating than this. It has a unique style of going from open warfare in the red zone to uprising citizens to rebel. Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2016
    Love the concept, great idea and a great departure from the usual FPS setup.

The game loads and has a title screen, some menu's and some basic options...and that's about all the elements of this game that work. Everything else...and I do mean everything...is shocking. Overall, this game is simply terrible. The graphics are not only poorly optimised, they are wholly broken. Animation
    Love the concept, great idea and a great departure from the usual FPS setup.

Overall, this game is simply terrible. The graphics are not only poorly optimised, they are wholly broken. Animation is shocking with framerate dropping as low as 15fps, hit boxes are insane and have zero consistency.

This game would be considered awful if it were in an Alpha state, let alone Beta - and this is a finished and fully released title!

In NO way should the studio and developer be allowed to get away with this unscathed. If people keep pumping money into studios lke this and supporting this kind of terrible work then the games industry as a whole is at risk of becoming a mire of feebly produced, sloppy, shoddy derirative rubbish.

Honestly, one of the worst games i have played in recent memory.
  11. May 17, 2016
    Well, it didn't set my PS4 on fire, so it earned a 1. Other than that, this game is a catastrophe. There is no AI in this game. They run in place into walls. All of them. One time my gun wouldn't fire anymore even though I had full ammo. It just stopped shooting and I was mercilessly gunned down. Frick this game. If you took your GTA V disk, broke it in half, taped it back togetherWell, it didn't set my PS4 on fire, so it earned a 1. Other than that, this game is a catastrophe. There is no AI in this game. They run in place into walls. All of them. One time my gun wouldn't fire anymore even though I had full ammo. It just stopped shooting and I was mercilessly gunned down. Frick this game. If you took your GTA V disk, broke it in half, taped it back together and put it in your PS4, it'd run better than this steaming pile of **** is the Sonic Free Riders of the PS4. Expand
  12. Jun 2, 2016
    I’ve been playing games for about 20 years, but I can certainly say that, without a doubt, that this is the worst game I have ever played. I don’t understand how the game could’ve been released in its current state, especially in 2016.

The framerate drops very often throughout the game. I’m afraid of when my character steps outside because I know that the game is going to turn into a PowerPoint presentation. I’m not exaggerating, please checkout some gameplay videos. It drops to as bad as 10-20 FPS in most cases. It’s really bad in an FPS game, where aiming the character’s gun becomes excessively difficult.

When your character switches their equipment loadout, which is something you would need to be doing possibly hundreds or thousands of times throughout the game, the game will actually freeze for about ten to twenty seconds. If you just want to exchange an SMG with a shotgun, for example, or even try using some of the interesting weapon customization features that the game has to offer, you’re going to need to wait each time as mentioned above.

It’s a downright shame that this was released. Yes, this title in this series has had a troubled development history, considering that the publisher, THQ, was bought out. But, it should’ve raised some eyebrows. Why would a game that didn’t do extremely well have a sequel? The original game was polarizing and didn’t make an excessive profit, from what I observed. I think that this game was released as is on purpose just to make a quick profit.

I mean, this game is downright unplayable due to the quantity of staggering issues present. The cutscenes are so poorly made. There is such poor lip-syncing for the characters who are speaking in English! It’s worse than watching a dubbed foreign film from the 80’s.

Seriously. I really would’ve loved this game. It honestly feels like those rebel sections of Half-Life 2, such as the chapter “Anticitizen One” where the main character and rebels fight throughout the city to fight against foreign occupation. That premise is a very fun one and even one that many people can relate to. Yet, due to the many glaring technical issues, it’s just not playable.

A downright shame, really. I wanted to enjoy this game. I honestly liked the prequel to this game, it had very fun multiplayer without the aforementioned technical issues. I don’t mind the lower quality of graphics or the simplistic gunplay. If the game was simply playable, I’d be enjoying it a lot. The multiplayer would’ve been such fun if it wasn’t for the poor framerate.

I said previously that this was probably the worst game I’ve played. Now, of course I don’t purposely play bad games that are unfinished, but for a big studio developing a game this is an insult.

Yes, I’ve encountered games with many glitches and many bugs that would make them frustrating, but this game is simply unplayable all of the time. I know older games, such as Viewtiful Joe, which would delete all of the games on your memory card. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy had a glitch where if you save, attempt to beat a particular level, died, and reset to the savepoint, a door required for progression would be permanently blocked. Jak II also had the “Stadium bug” where if you played a minigame before a mission, the story progression would be glitched. In Skyword Sword, if you talked to the Goron between a certain quest, you would get stuck.

Now, what’s the difference between all of these and Homefront: The Revolution? All of the aforementioned games were perfectly playable, but had bad gamebreaking bugs in-between. In Homefront: The Revolution, the game is just always unplayable, regardless of any bugs. How could the game be released with such a horrible framerate? I’ve heard of poorly optimized games on the PC, but how can a console game be so poorly optimized? This is happening more and more nowadays, like with Assassin’s Creed: Unity, for example.

Just search for the strings “I want a refund” and “Homefront: The Revolution,” in your search engine, and the result will speak for itself.

I really don’t think you should purchase this game. People are saying that there’s a possibility that it’ll all be patched, but I wouldn’t risk that. Not to mention that, if you search on forums, the publishers are giving people a hard time with respect to refunds. Try looking up what people have been saying about calling their customer support number. The number of people complaining about this game, as well as the publisher’s level of customer service, don’t lie.

I’m going to look at games published by Deep Silver in the future with extreme scrutiny because of this atrocity they have the audacity to call a “game”. In fact, I’m even considering just never playing any games published by Deep Silver, nor their parent company, Koch media, in the future. They even did beta tests for the game. It was really my mistake to assume that a game published by Deep Silver could’ve been tested adequately for issues.
  13. May 21, 2016
    My review of Homefront the Revolution for the PS4

Pro Interesting story - While the story in Homefront the Revolution can come off as being cheesy I really didn’t have an issue with it (I like how they show the 2 North Koreans working in a garage which look very similar to the way the late Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak did). I like these alternate history story from 2003 Freedom Fighter
    My review of Homefront the Revolution for the PS4

Pro

Interesting story - While the story in Homefront the Revolution can come off as being cheesy I really didn’t have an issue with it (I like how they show the 2 North Koreans working in a garage which look very similar to the way the late Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak did). I like these alternate history story from 2003 Freedom Fighter (in which the Russians won the Cold War) to 2014 Wolfenstein The New Order & Amazon Instant Video The Man in the High Castle (in which the Nazi won World War 2 which for me as a Jewish person is very scary indeed) to the 90’s sitcoms Sliders.

Long Campaign - From someone who enjoys games with a strong single contents (there is a four player co-op mode) this to me is a plus. The campaign is about (from what I’ve heard) 20 hours long but it can be longer if you are willing to take on the side missions like random events, finding radios & weapons stash and side jobs like kill 5 seekers with a shotgun or take out a certain number of KPA soldiers with a molotov cocktail.

FarCry Approach - For those who like the way Ubisoft approaches open world games then you’ll probably like Homefront the Revolution. Basically you hack some kind os server (very easy to do) and once is done other areas in the map will open up such as bases and other side things to do. Bottom line is if you like that kind of approach in an open world game then you’ll probably like Homefront the Revolution.

Guerrilla Tactics - I like how Homefront the Revolution encourage you not to go in gun ho (you can but you will get easily kill). instead you have to take a cautious approach like instead trying to go in the front door of a n enemy base you could…
    A. see if there is a ramp and if there is one you can hop on a motorcycle and ride the ramp into the enemy base or…
    B. find a backdoor and unlock it and try to take a stealthy approach to it and try to take down the enemy quietly.

Modifying Your Weapons on the Fly - And finally another neat feature I like that they put into Homefront the Revolution is the ability to add & switch attachment to your weapons. For example if you want to add (or detach) a scope to your shotgun or assault rifle all you have to do is push the up button on your PS4 control to bring up what attachment are available, hold the R1 button and move the left analog stick to which scope you want to use and it will be added on to your weapon right away (you don’t have to go to your base to add or remove modification to your weapon). Also you do have the ability to craft certain weapons like molotov cocktail or home made bombs (you’ll need the material to make them since they are scattered all across the game).

Cons

Too similar to FarCry- Although I enjoyed the gameplay in Homefront the Revolution it really doesn’t do anythings that hasn’t been in other games like the Assassin Creed or FarCry series or even the Watch Dogs game. It doesn’t mean its a bad game it just doesn’t do any thing new that all.

Lack of Polish - Probably the biggest issue facing Homefront the Revolution. While the game is certainly playable you can definitely see the lack of polish in this game. First off you’ll need to download the day one patch because the game without it is almost unplayable and while the the patch does fix a lot of the problems there are still some issue such as getting stuck in one place (this happen to me once and I had to restart the game at my last save), ok visuals (a little bit better then The Divisions but that not saying much), a below 30fps ( probably around 25fps), a somewhat long loading screen and finally I’ve notices that every time I exit a shop the game pauses for about 5 to 10 second.

Overall - I have mix feeling about Homefront the Revolution. While I definitely like the approach they made to this game. It’s lack of polish is what hold it back and I think that a damn shame thought (not to mention the development hell it went through). While I don’t think the game is as bad as some reviewers have said its far from a perfect game and that a shame because I do want this game to do well but I have a feeling there a good chance this game will more then likely flop.
  14. May 21, 2016
    Homefront the revolution has the bones of a good game, unfortunately it just isn't executed in a technically sound way. First up you simply cannot get past the framerate, it detracts from the game so very much and at times makes actually playing and stayinf alive almost impossible. The open world is densely populated with "stuff" that makes it actually feel like a character in the game, itHomefront the revolution has the bones of a good game, unfortunately it just isn't executed in a technically sound way. First up you simply cannot get past the framerate, it detracts from the game so very much and at times makes actually playing and stayinf alive almost impossible. The open world is densely populated with "stuff" that makes it actually feel like a character in the game, it is gritty and broken - an apt setting given the back story.

On the story front, it has such awesome lore and is a truly unique shooter in this regard, however it is again rather poorly executed, with forgettable characters and lame dialogue.

Bug run rife in the game, NPCS get stuck in walls or in between objects, your character can get woefully atuck as well in geometry and the saving system causes the game to lag for a good 1-3 seconds. Graphically it is adequate.

This i can all forgive for the horrid development cycle it has gone through. But i simply cannot help but feel like ot just needs a bit more baking time to make it what it should be, at least technically anyway.
  15. May 23, 2016
    It's not really a BAD game, in fact it starts off quite enjoyable. After a while though, the game starts to feel old and tired, and makes you want to take a break so you don't burn yourself out. However, I will most likely play the game to completion, so it's not so bad as to make me want to turn around and sell it before even finishing it.

The game blends FPS with stealth mechanics,

The game blends FPS with stealth mechanics, platforming puzzles and an open world component that sends you out taking over fortresses. Once a fortress is taken over, you have liberated a portion of that sector, which puts more of your guys on the streets and less of theirs.

Overall, I would list the game as average. I would still recommend it to someone who enjoyed similar games, but it's nothing fantastical! You won't be gushing about its greatness to friends and family.
  16. May 20, 2016
    I found this game pretty good actually. I love the atmosphere and there are some nice ideas. It's a good melting between Dying Light and Far Cry with a lot of exploration on a huge map. The problem is that the game is technically a real mess. Really poor framerate (on PS4), frame pacing, tearing and freezes while auto-saving, add a lots of little glitches and yes, it just looks like anI found this game pretty good actually. I love the atmosphere and there are some nice ideas. It's a good melting between Dying Light and Far Cry with a lot of exploration on a huge map. The problem is that the game is technically a real mess. Really poor framerate (on PS4), frame pacing, tearing and freezes while auto-saving, add a lots of little glitches and yes, it just looks like an Alpha version.

Anyway, after few patches to correct all those issues, it would be a must that will easily worth 8/10. For the moment, you should avoid it...
  17. Jun 6, 2016
    Wow, where do i begin with this piece of trash. I was a huge fan of the first Homefront game as it had a very interesting story that i had not seen in a game before. So, when i found out about Homefront: The Revolution i was delighted as the first game was good but it was very underrated and i thought that with The Revolution it may bring people back to the first game and start puttingWow, where do i begin with this piece of trash. I was a huge fan of the first Homefront game as it had a very interesting story that i had not seen in a game before. So, when i found out about Homefront: The Revolution i was delighted as the first game was good but it was very underrated and i thought that with The Revolution it may bring people back to the first game and start putting Homefront on the map. Well, the game has been here for a few weeks now and i just feel absolutely robbed and maybe because it is an UNFINISHED GAME!
    This game is honestly the biggest pile of garbage i have played in years. With games such Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky, DOOM, Ratchet & Clank i am honestly embarrassed to see people buying this game over the others that i just listed. Bland story, game breaking glitches, blocky gameplay. I am sure that those 3 points are enough to keep you away from this game.
  18. May 17, 2016
    Talk about a "whoops". After changing hands mid-production, Homefront: The Revolution just ended up falling flat. What I saw a couple years ago, a promising platform for mayhem in a Korean-militarized United States, has not come to fruition in the least bit. I'm guessing the original creators folded on Homefront when they realized it was a lost cause. The concept is awesome, theTalk about a "whoops". After changing hands mid-production, Homefront: The Revolution just ended up falling flat. What I saw a couple years ago, a promising platform for mayhem in a Korean-militarized United States, has not come to fruition in the least bit. I'm guessing the original creators folded on Homefront when they realized it was a lost cause. The concept is awesome, the execution is anything but. Expand
  19. May 18, 2016
    There is too much hate for this game... I give it a seven cause the shooting could be much more smooth. The complaints about the framerate is a bit overboard as well as the pausing while the game is saving (this use to happen back in the day with all games as well, so I'm not complaining as games have come such a long way).

There are games on the PS4 such as Just Cause 3 and the Evil

There are games on the PS4 such as Just Cause 3 and the Evil Within where the framerate is much much worse,but the game is still playable and I enjoyed both. Maybe my standards are not too high since I use to play high end games on crappy computer.

Anyways, the atmosphere is awesome and graphics are pretty good. I'm hoping future patches will resolve some of the other minor bugs here and there and make the AI smarter. But other than that, the game is a mixture of Dying Light with a tense atmosphere and scavenging for loot. I'm enjoying it so far much more than Far Cry and Assassin's Creed Syndicate as many have said it's a mixture of those. I really do feel like it's more like Dying Light with guns. Is it worth 60 bucks? No. But if you enjoyed Dying Light, I think this is worth playing. Buying is up to you. .
  20. May 19, 2016
    Homefront the Revolution is a game that could only have been saved from the gamedev trash bin by the lord himself.

Considering this game has switched developers 2-3 times already it's amazing how decent it is the game feels like a Far Cry game set in occupied Philadelphia and basically if you like the idea of that you should get this for around $20-30 because honestly it isn't worth more than that even if you like the setting because the gameplay is pretty boring but the story is great so think of it like a movie.

Also it has no competitive multiplayer but it has co-op for some reason?

Basically can you spend the current price on a B movie buy this if not save your money.
  21. Sep 21, 2016
    This is my second review for this game. I initially gave it a 4 because of the god-awful performance issues. I thought they would never be fixed. Well, 4 months and numerous patches later, I have to say that the game FINALLY runs at 30FPS. I always knew there was a decent game underneath all the technical issues. The game is like Far Cry 3 Urban Edition. The environments are not thatThis is my second review for this game. I initially gave it a 4 because of the god-awful performance issues. I thought they would never be fixed. Well, 4 months and numerous patches later, I have to say that the game FINALLY runs at 30FPS. I always knew there was a decent game underneath all the technical issues. The game is like Far Cry 3 Urban Edition. The environments are not that colorful, but there is a ton of stuff to do. Finding some of the radios/generators/supply packs can be annoying because they are hidden on 2nd or 3rd floors of buildings, however, there are some cool tools at your disposal like an RC car with explosives attached. The gunplay feels pretty good now and you can really feel the difference when you upgrade your weapons. Hey, the game is 10 bucks now (through GameFly) and I am enjoying my time with it. Side note to developers: Stop releasing your games in broken condition - it KILLS your review score which ultimately KILLS your sales. I appreciate that the game was fixed, but it should have played like this from the beginning. Expand
  22. Jan 1, 2017
    On release Homefront: The Revolution was, in many places, almost unplayable. The result, I have no doubt, of it's exhausted four year development hell. For sale under the £10 mark, including DLC, I found H:TR version 2.0 a lot better than people gave it credit for. The controls were heavy, making nearly every firefight a struggle, and I got caught red handed more than once by a stray KPAOn release Homefront: The Revolution was, in many places, almost unplayable. The result, I have no doubt, of it's exhausted four year development hell. For sale under the £10 mark, including DLC, I found H:TR version 2.0 a lot better than people gave it credit for. The controls were heavy, making nearly every firefight a struggle, and I got caught red handed more than once by a stray KPA patrol while struggling to find the R/C car from my inventory wheel. But slowly, and surely, your protagonist grows into the game. Weapon unlocks and upgrades as well as new and more bold tactics give you the feeling that you are becoming the greatest weapon the resistance has. The KPA too grow, nearly in response, and never did I ever find a way to counter their sheepishly annoying airships. I enjoyed H:TR for nearly 25-30 hours. I've even got a second play through in mind. I know the Co-Operative is also there if ever I find two buddies willing to shell out ten quid with me so doubt my time with Philadelphia is near an end yet. Expand
  23. Dec 21, 2017
    Game is a waste of time and money, I dont know who in there right mind would let this game be released. It is December 21, 2017, and this game continues to crash and have choppy frame-rates, all the people trying to bring the rating up for this game are only setting the bar lower for future game releases. Please stop for all us gamers who actually care about the important things like STORYGame is a waste of time and money, I dont know who in there right mind would let this game be released. It is December 21, 2017, and this game continues to crash and have choppy frame-rates, all the people trying to bring the rating up for this game are only setting the bar lower for future game releases. Please stop for all us gamers who actually care about the important things like STORY and GAMEPLAY. Sad if you think this is an acceptable game. Expand
  24. May 18, 2016
    Homefront: The Revolution doesn't have the polish of most games released this year. It feels like far cry and Half-life had a baby. It feels a tad old school. I have to say that I love Uncharted 4, but as soon as this completed download on my PS4. I played it for hours. Not perfect, but so much fun. The A.I. could be better. It has some glitches for sure. But like I said it's addictive fun.
  25. May 17, 2016
    I am honestly enjoying this game. I don't understand how people can give a game a 0. Yea its not great but its not bad. There are some technical bugs that I am sure will be fixed up in updates. Graphics are about as good as most late previous gen games. the sound is effects are good. Gameplay is fun. Your character seems to move slow but once you buy the proper gear it improves greatly.I am honestly enjoying this game. I don't understand how people can give a game a 0. Yea its not great but its not bad. There are some technical bugs that I am sure will be fixed up in updates. Graphics are about as good as most late previous gen games. the sound is effects are good. Gameplay is fun. Your character seems to move slow but once you buy the proper gear it improves greatly. the fact that you can change your weapon attachments during a firefight is pretty cool. The story is mediocre but its not horrible. The Co-Op multiplayer is surprisingly very fun. The multiplayer has a lot to unlock and will provide any player with hours of gameplay. I honestly would give this game a 7-7.5 but I am giving it more because I feel the 0 ratings are from people who played the opening and stopped there. most of the 0 ratings showed up not too long after the games release and there is no way that they gave it the time to rate it fairly. Expand
  26. May 17, 2016
    I don't get all the negativity! Put on some decent headphones, then run around blasting some bad guys in a derelict city. Had no issues with frame rates, no AI glitches or ammo issues. The graphics are good, gun mods are awesome, job done. Not a 10, but need to balance out these keyboard warriors giving it a zero which is completely absurd
  27. May 27, 2016
    Rented this !! i preordered the first Homefront it was a buggy/cheap mess invisible barriers poorly executed multiplayer with crappy servers it looks like similar issues plaguing this one as well ,its like the devs didnt learn anything from 2011 original besides how to lower the frame rate with that said im giving this a low 3 !!!

Also those users giving this game 10's what are you

Also those users giving this game 10's what are you smoking ? oh wait this is the only thing you reviewed ya probally the devs trying to raise the user score ,thats just sad !!!
  28. May 27, 2016
    The original Homefront was game that went under the radar, with an interesting narrative, but lackluster gameplay and average graphics. The story was: America starts buying products from North Korea, including military equipment. Soon America becomes completely dependent on North Korea's products. A couple of years later, America and North Korea have a falling out, and North Korea shutsThe original Homefront was game that went under the radar, with an interesting narrative, but lackluster gameplay and average graphics. The story was: America starts buying products from North Korea, including military equipment. Soon America becomes completely dependent on North Korea's products. A couple of years later, America and North Korea have a falling out, and North Korea shuts down all of America's military equipment, and invades America, oppressing it's people. Pretty interesting story right? unfortunately, the game sold poorly and no one noticed it. 5 years later, Homefront The Revolution released, aiming to make the Homefront series popular. It failed. On the PS4, this game is utter sh*t , the textures are dog sh*t, and the frame-rate randomly drops extremely low. The gun-play is boring and uninteresting too. Don't buy Homefront The Revolution. Expand
  29. Jul 16, 2016
    The hate is overpowered
    Yes, this game is not super duper aaa project, but the concept wigh Norh Korea is nice
    And the weapons are much more realistic than bo3
    You can grab your copy at sale and it will be good addition to your collection
  30. Aug 3, 2016
    Good game not sure why all the hate. If you enjoy games like far cry or open world FPS then this game is for you. The main bugs have been patched and the graphics are decent. For $30 its a steal!!!
  31. Jun 20, 2016
    Wow what a sorry excuse for a game. Everything in this game is borderline average and that's quite an achievement in itself. What's shocking is how unconvincing this game is in its progression system. 3 hrs in and I inspired the malnourished citizens of America by back stabbing 10 soldiers who were harassing random citizens and by cutting wires on few small generators sitting by the roads.Wow what a sorry excuse for a game. Everything in this game is borderline average and that's quite an achievement in itself. What's shocking is how unconvincing this game is in its progression system. 3 hrs in and I inspired the malnourished citizens of America by back stabbing 10 soldiers who were harassing random citizens and by cutting wires on few small generators sitting by the roads. Now my malnourished fellow Americans are spray painting anti KPA slogans on structures, calling out the KPA, and starting a riot in the streets. These are the same people who were at their lowest 10 mins ago and questioned their existence. The area that was constantly being patrolled by armed KPA soldiers and tanks was empty of KPA forces because people started rioting and screaming. A world power was this easy to scare? Brilliant.

You have to be mad to give these devs 60 bucks for this uninspired mess of a game. Do me a favor: If you are interested in this concept, then go get Red Faction Guerrilla and The Saboteur instead. These games do the whole Guerrilla/revolutionary concept far better than this under cooked abomination and are far more interesting and fun to play. And despite having dated graphics, they are far more immersive in their setting and lore. I was going to give this a 6 but I will have to knock the score down to 3 due to glitches and unstable frame rate. And no, I didn't buy this game, I rented it.
  32. Dbo
    May 18, 2016
    There is almost nothing original about this game its boring as hell the same crap over and over and over and over again. Its like they took ideas from other popular games put them all together in there game and thought oh this has to be cool because it was so cool before. Well guess what its not!!! WTF
  33. May 19, 2016
    Homefront The Revolution is a disaster!!! Old Graphic, Tech and Level design is a Epic Fail. Deep Silver/Koch Media show here, there cant be like the big publishers.
    I play it for a couple hours, apparently it is horrifically bugged, stuttery and unplayable on the consoles and PC! Also it is so boring and boring! Better spend time for some better moments.
  34. May 23, 2016
    I don't know why people gave this such a bad score.
    The game has some flaws but what game doesn't.
    I really like this game and there is a lot of diversity. I have to say also a lot of the same things but it is a good mix of both. Because of all the bad ratings i will give this a 10 out of 10 because i don't think this is a bad game. People are too spoiled these days that they don't know
    I don't know why people gave this such a bad score.
    The game has some flaws but what game doesn't.
    Because of all the bad ratings i will give this a 10 out of 10 because i don't think this is a bad game. People are too spoiled these days that they don't know what is good anymore.
  35. May 22, 2016
    It's... well... a game. It's ok. It's playable, but that's about all I can say. It's pretty buggy (at least on launch, though I suspect a good deal of it will be patched over time) but the game play mostly works. It's just not very fun.
  36. Jul 11, 2016
    I enjoyed this game more than others... It's not great by any means, but definitely fine for a spin if you get it cheap. This game has some good ideas - most of which are borrowed from other titles such as far cry etc. Visuals and frame rates could definitely be fine tuned a lot.
  37. Nov 16, 2018
    I really wanted to give this game a change, and I admire that the developers fixed some of the problems in later updates. Also the environments are well done. However, the game is bland and repetitive, the story is terrible, the game is buggy, and it is just not the most enjoyable time. However, the game is only 20$ brand new, and to be fair you get what you payed for.
  38. Jul 1, 2016
    I like the concept and enjoyed the original, but avoid this game like the plague. The frame rate issues don't bother me, and I can deal with some glitches, but twice the game has decided to stop loading any save data, preventing me from making progress, necessitating deleting all the info on the system and reloading it again and then restarting. And when you've managed to make it to theI like the concept and enjoyed the original, but avoid this game like the plague. The frame rate issues don't bother me, and I can deal with some glitches, but twice the game has decided to stop loading any save data, preventing me from making progress, necessitating deleting all the info on the system and reloading it again and then restarting. And when you've managed to make it to the last area of the game, oh well, just restart and grind your way through the bullcrap again is unacceptable. Expand
  39. Jul 26, 2016
    This game is amazing. I do not know why it is rated so low. Maybe it is for political reasons. But the gameplay, story, and graphics are top of the notch. This game should be a 9.7 out of 10. I do not know what these critics are on. But maybe they need to go play a racing game and quit rating this game so low.
  40. Dec 29, 2016
    There is a lot of hate based on technical issues that are by now fixed! So don't pay much attention to that. As of now, Dec 2016, the game is pretty stable, I downloaded the patch and turned on the Temporal Anti Aliasing option and works like a charm. At the beginning I was getting frustrated as the game is pretty hard (I am a casual gamer playing it on Hardened difficulty, which seems toThere is a lot of hate based on technical issues that are by now fixed! So don't pay much attention to that. As of now, Dec 2016, the game is pretty stable, I downloaded the patch and turned on the Temporal Anti Aliasing option and works like a charm. At the beginning I was getting frustrated as the game is pretty hard (I am a casual gamer playing it on Hardened difficulty, which seems to be the equivalent to "Normal"). However it is a matter of strategy. Going in guns blazing didn't do it for me, but then I started to recruit people and use them as cannon fodder, so that I can strategically get to my objective and is working great, I am enjoying that type of gameplay. Some people just want the typical FPS and when they get frustrated, they just give a super low score, they don't use the score appropriately, for them it is either 10 or 0. If you like what you read, you should give it a try, and now that its price is super low, you can get it as a bargain, Expand
  41. May 17, 2016
    I bought this game today and returned it after 4 hours of play time... Its so glitchy, and ugly the voice acting is really bad. There are much better games out there.... get Doom or uncharted 4. Do not waste your money on this....
  42. May 19, 2016
    This is an excellent game marred by sub par execution when it comes to the technical aspects (framerate, auto-saving). The setting is one that's exciting to explore, the world is massive, there's a lot of things to do, and it's just a lot of fun. If you can look past the flaws that are here, this game deserves a look. This game is in no ways a "disaster" or anything close to that. It's anThis is an excellent game marred by sub par execution when it comes to the technical aspects (framerate, auto-saving). The setting is one that's exciting to explore, the world is massive, there's a lot of things to do, and it's just a lot of fun. If you can look past the flaws that are here, this game deserves a look. This game is in no ways a "disaster" or anything close to that. It's an ambitious but technically flawed game. Expand
  43. May 20, 2016
    Homefront The Revolution
    A broken misuse of a great ip
    Homefront The Revolution is an open world first person shooter set in an alternate universe where north Korea establish control over the united states… And as the name suggest, it’s up to you to spark a revolution in the city of Philadelphia Despite this game technically being an open world, this unfortunately is actually a bunch
    Homefront The Revolution
    A broken misuse of a great ip
    Despite this game technically being an open world, this unfortunately is actually a bunch of hub levels separated by travel points..
    This is not one massive map...
    And that’s a shame, because Deep Silver mistakenly decided to ditch the linear first person shooter style this game originally was to jump into the saturated market of open worlds,
    And you’re going to jump into a saturated market, where 9/10 AAA games are unique or flat out copying ubisoft, you better make sure that your open world or ubisoft clone world is worth existing in…
    This one isn’t
    There are 2 different zone types, a red and yellow.. red means anything goes..
    yellow means there are civilians, and you need to be stealthy and destroy Korean property to get the citizens to up rise…
    The yellow zone liberating is required for the story…
    And the objective much like the rest of the game feels very copy and paste…
    Even down to the location you need to get to in each zone…
    You can tell the developers tried to mix things up.
    sarcasm.
    It’s just an ugly, brown, lazy, boring and lifeless world with assassins creed style liberation points…
    You can take control over vantage points in the city to unlock safe houses to respawn at if you die as well as shops to buy weapons and upgrade your gear…
    Weapon customization is pretty standard,
    but you can equip scopes and modifications on the fly, turning your 3 weapons into 9
    the weapons are easily the best part of the game...
    Liberating the entire map will add about 8 hours to the 12 hour main campaign…
    And this 12 hour campaign much like the world just feels lazy...
    You feel like an errand boy rather than a hero…
    You do fetch quests and baby sit.
    And you get frustrated at the broken game not continuing a mission right, or hard crashing 10 times in a row or just due to the combat…
    The combat in this game feels completely unsatisfying, and the difficulty of this survival open world feels frustrating even on the easiest difficulty thanks to an inefficient hit detection system…
    you don’t feel wounded when you’re about to die which in a typical fps you would get an indication aside from a bloodied screen like a slowed character or limping effect as a cue to take cover and heal up…
    nothing like that exists here, which will have you dying seemingly out of nowhere…
    You also have to rely on med packs, which for some reason can’t be crafted while explosives can...
    makes no sense and also frustrating since health does not replenish itself…
    But if you’re not a fan of hard crashes or have just given up on the frustrating single player, you can play with a friend in resistance mode
    which will be fun for like 5 minutes, you can customize your character with a variety of options like male or female until you’ve suffered long enough to unlock helmets to hide your generic face
    There are 2 modes in resistance mode..
    Attack or defend...
    The best part is, neither of these modes are competitive...
    They are both 4 player co-op modes where you either defend a position from enemies or you invade to complete on objective...
    of course either of these modes could turn into a killzone style competitive mode, but that would take too much effort.
    I give Homefront the Revolution
    a 5.5/10
  44. Aug 1, 2016
    This game is so underrated , yes there were issues on launch and now it seems a lot of people have written this game off . I think they are missing out. The issues have now been resolved through patches and I am really enjoying playing it . The gunplay is really good and desperate feeling and requires some strategy such as flanking , recruiting and preparation. The setting is awesome, bitThis game is so underrated , yes there were issues on launch and now it seems a lot of people have written this game off . I think they are missing out. The issues have now been resolved through patches and I am really enjoying playing it . The gunplay is really good and desperate feeling and requires some strategy such as flanking , recruiting and preparation. The setting is awesome, bit like red dawn where society starts fighting back and the game world changes as the story progresses. The developers have captured it perfectly. I have been playing for about 20 hrs and haven't experienced any real problems except for a tiny bit of pop in after a loading screen which doesn't really bother me. If people like stealth/action games they will like this. Reminds me a lot of far cry / metro / and dying light which are all great games. Again yes it HAD problems but **** happens , that's what patches are for .The developers are always working to improve. This is a great game and if it was reviewed again I know it would get a fairer score. Must buy and experience. Expand
  45. May 17, 2016
    Shameful. This game was a blatant cash grab by a studio who did their best to push it out as quick as possible. The original was unique and fresh, with a great story and multiplayer. This game is soulless.

Do not buy!!
  46. May 19, 2016
    Worst game I have ever played. And I have played the E.T. Atari game. Homefront: The Revolution runs on about 15-25 fps, every few seconds it just lags for a second, and the quality of polygons and textures resembles a 2008 PS3 game. Gunplay is bad. I mean really bad. Shooting feels like shooting a nerf gun with arms made out of jelly. The sound seems to have been recorded by a 4 year-oldWorst game I have ever played. And I have played the E.T. Atari game. Homefront: The Revolution runs on about 15-25 fps, every few seconds it just lags for a second, and the quality of polygons and textures resembles a 2008 PS3 game. Gunplay is bad. I mean really bad. Shooting feels like shooting a nerf gun with arms made out of jelly. The sound seems to have been recorded by a 4 year-old using his FisherPrice cassette tape recorder. The AI is more stupid than an amoeba with down syndrom, walks by without noticing that they're being shot at, speaking sometimes several different phrases at once, stop talking in the middle of the sentence, just to continue a different sentence with a different voice. The presentation and the world is extremely boring, and so are the missions. If you have 60 € left, you're better off throwing them directly in an active volcano. Expand
  47. May 18, 2016
    This game is awsome i dont know what reviewers think,the game have a good graphics also shooter system is very near to the reality and gamespace make gamers to feel to be a partian or militia and i allways like it
  48. May 20, 2016
    One thing to say:
    Finish the game before you release it.
    This game is not even complete!
    There used to be no patches, no day one updates. But there were good games back then.
  49. Jun 9, 2016
    This game have what Call of Duty Deserves, so in that case.
    I think that these people should did something like that with games like Battlefront, Overwatch, and Loads of CODs.
  50. May 1, 2018
    A 30fps shooter?? That's megafail..Why would anybody ditch battlefield, cod, overwatch etc to play a 30fps shooter. No thanks...get with the times this is worthless.
  51. May 18, 2016
    If you haven't bought Homefront The Revolution yet! WAIT for a price drop or any thing like patches to improve the game (that's if there are gonna be any of them)

Watch the video to know why Link:https://youtu.be/1cNJw8lACB8 These are my thoughts on the game and the video (I actually have it and played it) I thought It was going to have this dying light co-op feel in the single

Watch the video to know why
    Link:https://youtu.be/1cNJw8lACB8

I thought It was going to have this dying light co-op feel in the single player campaign but nope this is only in the resistance mode and holy **** it's poorly optimized on PS4 just like it sister just cause 3 (The latter hasn't even been patched yet)

he is right about interacting with Throwable items

AI is a bit stupid, I encountered one of the KPA soldiers stuck while moving and never attacked me (same thing in just cause 3)

create your character in resistance mode is straight out of the division which totally sucks but I liked the background selection of the character that you play as

sadly I couldn't even play online because there were no servers

The weapon customization in this game is so easy and amazing, because you could use the suppressor for example on any weapon unlike in other shooters like call of duty or Battlefield
  52. Mar 10, 2018
    Picked this up during a PSN super sale early 2018. Didn't love it at first, but gave it a chance and now can't put down the controller. Yes it's not perfect, but if you look you can find issues with any game. I actually really enjoyed the story, and the gameplay - you cannot run and gun, you have to gun and run... take out a key enemy (a heavy, an armored car) and run like hell or you willPicked this up during a PSN super sale early 2018. Didn't love it at first, but gave it a chance and now can't put down the controller. Yes it's not perfect, but if you look you can find issues with any game. I actually really enjoyed the story, and the gameplay - you cannot run and gun, you have to gun and run... take out a key enemy (a heavy, an armored car) and run like hell or you will be overwhelmed with reinforcements. And I really enjoyed taking out all the strategic locations before hitting the story missions...reminded me of taking over gang territories in GTA San Andreas. So if you see this on sale, pick it up and fire it up with an open mind. Expand
  53. Sep 11, 2016
    People are acting like this is a trash pile instead of this mediocre game. I was surprised that it is an open world game unlike the previous game's linear shooter. It is very much like Dead Island with the crafting and mission structure. The game is less janky like Dead Island but still isn't at the quality of Far Cry series which are much better games. You shouldn't really buy thisPeople are acting like this is a trash pile instead of this mediocre game. I was surprised that it is an open world game unlike the previous game's linear shooter. It is very much like Dead Island with the crafting and mission structure. The game is less janky like Dead Island but still isn't at the quality of Far Cry series which are much better games. You shouldn't really buy this unless you really need more open world action and exhausted the many better games in the genre. Expand
  54. May 26, 2016
    Reviewers were just WAITING to take a dump all over this game. It's been all over the place through development, and it's a miracle it even saw the light of day at all. I'm glad it did though because I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Yes, there are glitches, bugs, and pretty terrible AI. But there are also good shooter mechanics, great level design, and one of the coolest weapon mod tools I've ever seen in a game. On level design - I think special acknowledgement should go to the developers for creating a world that you can run through to lose your pursuers. Turn down a back alley, hop a fence, climb a fire escape to the top of a building and fight of hordes of attacking "Norks." It's really well designed. You can also blind fire from cover, which I thought was a nice touch.

The one thing that detracts from the experience are definitely the bugs. I feel I would be misleading if I didn't mention that on the most recent patch all markers on the map disappeared along with all NPC's so I was left wandering an empty world all by my lonesome. The developers have addressed this and are working on a fix, but my point is if you're interested in getting this you should. Get it on Ebay for a discount or wait till it goes on sale, which I'm sure won't be long. Once the devs have put a decent amount of time into tackling bugs this game is going to be a great time.
  55. May 29, 2016
    I was really, REALLY wanting to enjoy this game, but I can't. Even the first Homefront was better than this. Homefront: The Revolution has a lot of really good ideas, and while it might execute most of them decently, the performance and glitches make this game almost unplayable, and it's why I can't recommend it.
  56. May 30, 2017
    All this hate for Dambuster and this game. Yes on launch this game It had many technical problems but with time have been resolved , and now this game is a great OpenWorld FPS. If you like the FarCry series you will definitely enjoy this game too.
    Ps and the graphics are gorgeous, being a cryengine game.
  57. Nov 19, 2017
    This game is a solid 7 out of 10 all the hate was on a shabby launch if you like far cry games you will like this and its so cheap now just buy it already
  58. May 22, 2016
    I enjoyed the original Homefront even if it was on the short side there was definitely potential for the series and there is plenty of potential in this game, but in the games current condition there are simply too many bugs and frame rate issues to give the game a higher rating than 5/10, once the developers patch these issues which will hopefully be soon it will be a more realistic 7I enjoyed the original Homefront even if it was on the short side there was definitely potential for the series and there is plenty of potential in this game, but in the games current condition there are simply too many bugs and frame rate issues to give the game a higher rating than 5/10, once the developers patch these issues which will hopefully be soon it will be a more realistic 7 to 8 out of ten. Expand
  59. Jun 25, 2016
    i think this game better than call of duty BO3. better open world environment , better action and story. only you need download the latest patch for improve frame rate and fix some bug !!
  60. May 22, 2016
    Homefront: The Revolution is an open world first-person shooter video game developed by Dambuster Studios and published by Deep Silver.

+ World Desing
    + Coop Missions
    - Bugs
    - Bad Story
    - Bad Characters
    - Bad AI
    - Freezing Save Points
  61. May 25, 2016
    This is just **** up,not the game. Bad graphics, ugly animation, a cliché story, terrible game design, level design,optimization.And you ask really 60$?Are you serious?This game should cost a maximum of$5!Weapons skins took from Warface,gameplay just took from Far cry just made crooked.On this game, did anybody ever tried?2/10 worst game of the year, worst game I played
  62. Dec 11, 2016
    Feel alot like Far Cry, but not nearly as good. The game doesn't look really good, nor have anything interesting visually. The A.I is pretty dumb, The bike is undrivable because there something to stop you everywhere. The control feel unintuitive and the gunplay doesn't feel right. The first 15 minute really put you into the mood, then It's becoming meh when you get a gun. It's does triesFeel alot like Far Cry, but not nearly as good. The game doesn't look really good, nor have anything interesting visually. The A.I is pretty dumb, The bike is undrivable because there something to stop you everywhere. The control feel unintuitive and the gunplay doesn't feel right. The first 15 minute really put you into the mood, then It's becoming meh when you get a gun. It's does tries a few interesting things, which is why I gave a 5. Buy it a 10 buck. Expand
  63. Jul 27, 2016
    BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS HERE BUGS THERE BUGS EVERYWHERE BUGS BUGS BUGS THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE BUGS BUGS BUGS UP YOUR ASS AND DONG BUGS BUGS SO MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS BUGS BUGS... Im sorry....
  64. Jun 26, 2016
    I gave Paragon a zero rating because you can't even play it after buying it, this game however you can play so there is no way it can get a zero. I actually like the way you upgrade your gear and guns. The rc cars are badass. The shooting is kinda crappy because it's so hard to hit anything, I didn't notice much in the way of frame rate issues, I guess you have to be an extreme gamer toI gave Paragon a zero rating because you can't even play it after buying it, this game however you can play so there is no way it can get a zero. I actually like the way you upgrade your gear and guns. The rc cars are badass. The shooting is kinda crappy because it's so hard to hit anything, I didn't notice much in the way of frame rate issues, I guess you have to be an extreme gamer to notice that type of thing. So, a completely fair rating of this game would be on par with a game like maybe Destiny. Expand
  65. May 21, 2017
    Maybe the thecnichal problems in the beginning was a realy big problem,the only thing to understand the very negative reviews,10 hours of this game,until now is very underrated,great graphics,good graphics perfomancvery good ambience sound,nice history,adictive gameplay,but is hard,good mechanics,and dana moore,good character,etc...buy this game if you like a difrent type of fps.
  66. May 24, 2016
    One of the most important parts of the game is the beginning. If there isn't a good hook to hook the player and keep them playing, then the game is more likely to fail. This is where Homefront: The Revolution fails. I did not get the chance to play the rest of the game because I had no reason to, nor did I want to. I saw frame rate issues along with boring gameplay and some weird quirksOne of the most important parts of the game is the beginning. If there isn't a good hook to hook the player and keep them playing, then the game is more likely to fail. This is where Homefront: The Revolution fails. I did not get the chance to play the rest of the game because I had no reason to, nor did I want to. I saw frame rate issues along with boring gameplay and some weird quirks about the AI. It was strange that I could not wander around the streets totally freely. I accidently bumped into a soldier and he shot me dead. Maybe that's the mindset I was supposed to be in, but it was strange. The gameplay also does not have it's own identity. At times it wanted to be far cry and at other times, it wanted to be a poor dying light clone. The animations just looked so similar at times that it seemed like code could have been ripped straight from those other games. This game might be fun for a day, but there's no way this game is worth $60 right off the bat. Expand
  67. Aug 16, 2016

- Bad Characters
    - Bad AI
    - Freezing Save Points
  68. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  69. Dec 29, 2017
    I'll admit it, at launch this game was rough. So rough in fact that I returned it. A year later I pick it up on sale on the Microsoft store and WOW what a difference. This game has been patched to significant progress. Frame rate is stable except for a few seconds when saving. The gunplay is FANTASTIC and feels really good and the enemey reacts in movement as to where they've been shot.I'll admit it, at launch this game was rough. So rough in fact that I returned it. A year later I pick it up on sale on the Microsoft store and WOW what a difference. This game has been patched to significant progress. Frame rate is stable except for a few seconds when saving. The gunplay is FANTASTIC and feels really good and the enemey reacts in movement as to where they've been shot. The developers really show an appreciation to this game and with it no longer being full price and including all DLC this is a MUST BUY. Expand
  70. Sep 22, 2017
    I have just finished this game on my PS4 Pro. I didn't meet a single issue and really enjoyed the story plot. The game is good in every aspect. Not that easy and is politically intolerant. All those critics with negative scores on the left side have been certainly paid by Korean People's Army.
  71. Aug 3, 2018
    I know this game had alot of issues at launch but it seems to me those issues have been fixed and Im glad to say its a good,fun game. I just bought it from the PS4 store for $12 and it came with all the DLC. Few games catch my attention and get me to play hours on end,this game has done that. If your looking for a solid game to get you through the end of summer drought,pick this up. ThereI know this game had alot of issues at launch but it seems to me those issues have been fixed and Im glad to say its a good,fun game. I just bought it from the PS4 store for $12 and it came with all the DLC. Few games catch my attention and get me to play hours on end,this game has done that. If your looking for a solid game to get you through the end of summer drought,pick this up. There are so many ways to play this game,im choosing stealth,so many gun customizations,so many gadgets,feels kinda Splinter Celly,for $12 you really cant lose and hey Im looking for CO OP players,"MrHayven" ps4 lets play. Expand
  72. Jul 29, 2017
    Cryengine game that made me Cry...

I hoped it will be at least good or better than the first one but it felt short by a long shot.
    Played the campaign: Story is below average, weapons and customization is as good as the Crysis games well done job, some glitches, co-op is nothing special, gave me no connection with the main chars = so an overall meh-of-a-game
  73. May 16, 2017
    This Game starts pretty strong even if the premise is more or less total bull****. First you'll notice that the aiming feels really of. That shows more and more once the enemies start running and hitting them feels like a pain in the ***. Then there is the AI which will sometimes just run in a straight line towards you. Stealth does not work how it was intended i guess, because the enemiesThis Game starts pretty strong even if the premise is more or less total bull****. First you'll notice that the aiming feels really of. That shows more and more once the enemies start running and hitting them feels like a pain in the ***. Then there is the AI which will sometimes just run in a straight line towards you. Stealth does not work how it was intended i guess, because the enemies have eyes in the back of there heads from time to time. Sometimes the character just gets stuck in some pile of trash and is unable to move or some annoying sound bugs that only go away once u reload a checkpoint.

I hoped the game got better after the last few patches and bought for 11 bucks on sale but i still feel like i didn't got my money worth. It is just frustrating and unsatisfying.
  74. Apr 29, 2018
    Get it cheap. 15$. Takes a while to get into like many games. At first hated it. Gave it another try. Now that I've accepted it's open world/Farcry vibe, I kinda like it. Ps4 pro patch makes it look good. Some parts are hard but not too hard. Pro tip: hit up the gun dispensor often to force the game to save. You lose less progress when you die that way. This game is urban Farcry. It's decent.
  75. Oct 13, 2019
    Generic rundown industrial local. Seen it all done before combat. Crappy vehicle controls. Nothing new via revolution storyline. Just an average mundane open map shooter with generic looting and survival mechanics tacked on. I got this finally on a sale for 10% of the retail launch price and I still felt ripped off.

All that being said after the disappointed that was Far Cry 5, Metro

All that being said after the disappointed that was Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus and Young Blood. Well on retrospect this is the best of newer via revolution open map sort of shooter types. The game has been truly elevated due to it's failed counterparts. I got back into this and I got to point of really enjoying this so long as I didn't use the motorcycle that much.

The general story is ok-ish. The characters are mostly a fail and the dialogue is full of way to edgy "F" bombs all the time. The A.I. is not best and uber near sighted unless a sniper class. The fun was the general gunplay and ruining around zones exploring. I had some extra fun figuring out how to get to stashes with some basic parkour elements. I think I preferred the open combat of the derelict red zones over the sneaking and hiding in the civilian yellow zones. Then again 100% pure red zone combat would probably be overtly repetitive for a long game like this I played over five days or so.

Now I feel this was a total bargain and the other three games were a total rip off. Runs fine no performance problems on legacy PS4. So I must of picked it up after they patched those issues out or something.
  76. Mar 3, 2019
    Its fun killing KPA, but the game is overally crap, lots of bugs. The game is not running smothly for an PS4 title. I experience a lot of stutter. Its fun but the technical state is awfull.
  77. Nov 28, 2018
    This game has a very high potential, but all the bugs and crashes ruin it. The story is quite fun and interesting. the gameplay is not always the same which is good. I don’t get why it’s so hated, I’ve just finished and after 20hrs of playing I can say that I had fun. A 6 is the perfect mark for this game.

1. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2016
    An interesting but underwhelming take on the open-world shooter - novel, but seriously janky. [July 2016, p.68]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jul 24, 2016
    A messy jumble of broken parts. [Aug 2016, p.112]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 6, 2016
    Botched and broken, irritating and offensive, this samey, soulless sandbox fails to overthrow the old regime's ruling shooters. Good guns, mind. [July 2016, p.75]