8.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 4, 2017
    A by the numbers open world games in the vein of far cry, very representative of the current mediocre state of the genre (e.g. Far Cry, AC and TR).

Some may consider that below average. Wish more time was spent on gameplay, rather then the visuals, which i believe were used as a distraction from other areas. Alot of advertising for a Guerilla games production (and a PR push from

Alot of advertising for a Guerilla games production (and a PR push from journalists and youtubers), though there is still more that could be learnt from other devs such as Insomniac Games, Realtime Worlds, Ruffian Games and Radical Entertainment.

Dinosaurs and robots are a welcome addition to the genre (though not new), however this still doesn't feel different enough to justify the open world. There is alot of repetition and i didn't feel the game clicked overall, there are some nice set pieces, but they dont come together as a cohesive experience to match the price.

Campaign could have been better. Some game A.I. issues seemed to crop up in early footage when dealing with in game enemies, which have since been removed from Youtube.

As a fan of the genre, i would recommend considering whether some wish to perhaps wait or skip.
    The open world genre has become somewhat obsessed with more of the same, wouldnt be that different to throw on a game you've already played, which would probably cost you less.

There are other games that are doing more creative things with the genre also, however we are seeing less of that..
  2. Feb 28, 2017
    Generic boring game, Walk into an area, a bunch of high definition stuff happens, then you follow some marker by running for 10 mins, spend 5 minutes killing a boring enemy, and repeat.

Very Disappointing.
  3. Mar 5, 2017
    Its bad, like really bad. Combat is bland, Characters are uninteresting, especially alloy. The combat is a **** knock-off of tomb raider (2013). not worth 60
  4. Feb 28, 2017
    Highly mediocre game that follows the standard open world formula and falls flat on bringing anything new to the table. The main character of the game is Aloy a girl who is part robot part human and different, woah woah, from everyone else. Her voice acting is sub-par by today's standards as well as her animations, lipsync, character development, and general personality. She's just yourHighly mediocre game that follows the standard open world formula and falls flat on bringing anything new to the table. The main character of the game is Aloy a girl who is part robot part human and different, woah woah, from everyone else. Her voice acting is sub-par by today's standards as well as her animations, lipsync, character development, and general personality. She's just your typical witty heroine against the world cause something bad happened to her.

The combat of the game is slow and monotonous. Usually you just sit back and use arrows and when they get close you roll away with your unlimited i-frames and unlimited stamina. There are options to use traps and such but I never found a use for them outside of where the game forces you to use them. My largest gripe with the combat is how dumb the arrow system is. You have to craft arrows as you need them and that could be a cool mechanic but Horizon zero Dawn just puts it down to a simple button press. You get loads of scraps from enemies and then just press a button. There's no animation, no thinking, no wait time, no anything. You craft them mid combat with no repercussion. The game could at least have you stop and do a little animation leaving you open for attack but no.

The entire inventory system of the game is flawed too not just crafting. Every enemy drops a bunch of crap, you're very limited on space until you expand, and even will a fully expanded inventory you still fill up with ease. The game wants you to do management but the usefulness of items is so poorly portrayed since everything is automated I have no idea what to ditch and what to keep. Often times I will ditch an item only to have it needed in the next quest I picked up, it's a huge pain.

The graphics on the game can be good at times, mostly in screenshots. Animations are poorly done in this game on everything that isn't a robotic animals. Humans, realistic wildlife, and foliage are all just choppy or weightless. The animation that most irked me was the lifeless look of Aloy's bow drawing animation. There's nothing behind it and having to look at it as often as you do you'd think the developers would put a lot of time into it specifically. But it's boring and weightless. Just awful to look at. I've had a few enemies glitch into rocks and other terrain as well as NPCs bug out during dialogue and sometimes stop moving entirely. Very immersion breaking. On the plus side the textures for a lot of things such as the robots and plants are very well done. Again the human assets are poorly done.

I don't want to spoil the story too much but let me just say that it's very generic and exactly what I expected out of it. There was a chance for a twist and the game decided to just go the typical route. The ending does set it up for sequel potential, I don't see it getting one, but it's there. Everything is tied up at the end so don't throw a fit at a cliffhanger.

All in all game looks pretty in screenshots and can have a few fun moments like sliding while shooting. But they get boring fast and the game leaves little to keep attention. Typical overworld game bogged down by glitches, bland gameplay, and a very easy to read story.
  5. Mar 3, 2017
    Very poorly put together "RPG" with a less than subtle agenda to push. Possibly one of the most visually offensive first party Sony titles of all time. Gameplay is unremarkable and, shocker, repetitive.
  6. Feb 28, 2017
    Typical Sony exclusive; shiny but very shallow. Don't buy into the critic hype; honestly when have you ever seen honesty in "professional" reviews whether it be payoffs or just fanboyism they bandwagon worse than fans do. Ultimately this game will get strong sales from the hype train, I'm sure, but a couple months from now, no one's going to be talking about it unless it's of the "yeahTypical Sony exclusive; shiny but very shallow. Don't buy into the critic hype; honestly when have you ever seen honesty in "professional" reviews whether it be payoffs or just fanboyism they bandwagon worse than fans do. Ultimately this game will get strong sales from the hype train, I'm sure, but a couple months from now, no one's going to be talking about it unless it's of the "yeah that game wasn't nearly as good as I thought it would be" variety. Expand
  7. Feb 28, 2017
    Unbiased Review

Unbiased Review

It seems most of the reviews posted here are either haters (giving it a 0) or Sony fanboys giving it a perfect score. It's neither of those two. I've put in about 14 hours since it launched. I'm quickly losing interest. It seems that this game was a far too ambitious for the developers. It seems like they did an excellent job with the graphics, but rushed the animations. You'll see animations of people sliding when they're walking, which reminds me of the NBA 2k series. The voice acting is okay but very monotone. Also, this game seems to push a feminist agenda, which was smart of Guerrilla Games, as I'm sure it helped them court high reviews from the critics. Combat is almost entirely bow and arrow and this is very disappointing to me. It gets very repetitive and downright boring after the first few hours. The bow doesn't even act like a traditional bow, but rather like a sniper rifle, which just seems so unrealistic. The side quests seems like pointless chores. It really seems that they went for quantity over quality with these side quests. They're really really bad compared to the likes of Fallout and Witcher. It really seems that this game tried to incorporate elements from various other RPGs and the end results is an unoriginal and forgetful game. Some of the best visuals ever on a console. Rivals PC graphics. But the core gamplay and story is completely lacking.
  8. Mar 1, 2017
    Boring tedious gameplay AND OPEN WORLD FAKE, If you make an open world, please don't fill it with pointless quests or collectibles. Overhyped game who turned out to be rather bland and repetitive, with a nasty agenda, awful graphics and poor gameplay, the game isn't quite worth playing.
  9. Feb 28, 2017
    I don't like the story at all. I really don't. I don't feel attached to any of the characters either. The enemy ai isn't very good and there are a few buggy spots. The combat is boring to me, too. Not impressed. Especially considering how highly this game was praised by game journalists.
  10. Mar 1, 2017
    The game looks beautiful and the facial animations have set the standard for games. The story however is there to push an agenda. Personally I could not finish the game because of all the blatant propaganda. The same as you will now find in Hollywood.
  11. Feb 28, 2017
    Another beautiful AAA with a **** gameplay, **** animations, and boring story. They have dinosaur robots, and made a bland game, I even don't know how it's possible. I tought it will be better than just an assassin's creed, or a Far Cry 4, but it's the exact same **** you see and do for the 1 billionth times.
  12. Feb 28, 2017
    Game with a clear agenda and it doesn't help that it has the same boring gameplay you see in other empty open world games. The terrible animations and voice acting does not help at all. Seems more like a tech demo first and game second.
  13. Feb 28, 2017
    Let us get the most pressing matter out of the way first. Horizon Zero Dawn is not a good game. There are several perfect scores in the critic page, and even more in the user submitted page, but those of us who are NOT paid to promote the game have a vastly different opinion of it.

Namely, that this game is incredibly underwhelming, in pretty much every way imaginable. Combat is uninspired, the RPG mechanics feel tacked on, the AI is easily exploited especially when coming out of tall grass, and the story is.... well... laughably bad. The animation and acting is simply bizarre to look at, and the overall implication of the narrative that a certain race of people ruined things for everyone is horribly bigoted and offensive. This game is simply not worth your time in any sense of the word. It is, in essence, an Assassin's Creed type game. It is promoting itself on this promise of delivering a game with a really cool idea, but the reality of the experience is more than simply lackluster. It is downright pathetic.

Buy the new Zelda instead. The demo at E3 had more stuff to do and see than everything in Horizon Zero Dawn.
  14. Feb 28, 2017
    Open world... What can I say? This game was just as boring as The Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrim, Fallout 4, Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry Primal, etc... If you make an open world, please don't fill it with pointless quests or collectibles.
  15. Aug 2, 2019
    If you played The Witcher 3, don't waste your time with this game. It's basically an attempt to mimic the loot system, the fighting system, and the character interactions but with an SJW/3rd wave feminist twist. The characters are boring & monotonous, as is the main one. The environs are drab and the enemies are just annoying, not even challenging. The controls are impossible to learnIf you played The Witcher 3, don't waste your time with this game. It's basically an attempt to mimic the loot system, the fighting system, and the character interactions but with an SJW/3rd wave feminist twist. The characters are boring & monotonous, as is the main one. The environs are drab and the enemies are just annoying, not even challenging. The controls are impossible to learn within an hour. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2020
    I tried to play it already two times, but gave it another try for about one hour yesterday: Here's why I put it again to the side, and I don't think I will ever finish it.

- the story is childish - the dialogues are childish - characters faces look silly (dead eyes, mouth movement doesn't match what they are saying, strange movement) - the game is lazy ass developed - i destroyed a bandit

- the story is childish
    - the dialogues are childish
    - the game is lazy ass developed - i destroyed a bandit camp before talking to a dude from a side mission, he still talked about freeing the bandit camp i just destroyed
    - while some parts of the game look good, there are parts that look dead and nothing moves
    - when it rains everything looks like plastic, especially faces
    - the inventory system is annoying - why can't i just sell everything that is useless at once
    - my armor clips into cutscenes
    - too much farming needed
    - repetitive missions - i had to twice to track something within half an hour
    - limited freedom of movement - only yellow ledges can be climbed up
    - strange physics - swinging left and right when sliding down a rope
    - ....

Verdict: Compared to GTA5, RDR2, Spiderman, and GOW it's completely lame for an open world game. Storytelling and character development remind me of old games. Graphics are not at all state of the art.

Really hard to believe that so many people like it.
  17. Sep 5, 2017
    Contrary to beliefs, this is a game you have already played. The graphics are nice and so are the characters, but the story is in the lackluster department, everything about its story is cliche and tried. Along with the gameplay being extremely standard 3rd person open world shenanigans it really is nothing special. This game by far is an extreme let down, and really the only reason itsContrary to beliefs, this is a game you have already played. The graphics are nice and so are the characters, but the story is in the lackluster department, everything about its story is cliche and tried. Along with the gameplay being extremely standard 3rd person open world shenanigans it really is nothing special. This game by far is an extreme let down, and really the only reason its getting such good reviews is for its graphics, and "story" even though its a very forgettable story. This isn't a game that people will look back on, its boring,normal and a huge letdown Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2017
    Literally created this account just to review this game. I bought a ps4 for this game and kind of regretted it, until I started to play other games. After I played a few other games, I gave this game another chance but It bored me again instantly, which ultimately leads to this review.
    This game does have nice graphic but Alloy’s facial expressions some how turns this game uninteresting for me. The game itself gets boring pretty fast too, at least for me. Conversations and interactions with NPC are pretty boring/dull/emotionless. As for the content of the conversations, I can hardly understand what they meant, or just that I couldn’t care less on what they talking about (Maybe due to my poor English understanding). Side quest requires you to trace the foot print from East to West, kind of like purposely ask you to do so just to show the players how nice and huge the open world is. The map is indeed huge but kind of empty. Not sure is it just me, the fonts are too freaking small to see.

In the end, this is just my opinion and maybe open world game is just not my cup of tea. Now I am having a second thought on getting a copy of The Witcher 3 as it might be of the same quality and give me the same feeling this game did.
  19. Nov 3, 2018
    Man this game bored me to tears. If I have to play another fallen progenitor civilization game I'm going to claw my eyes out. It's Mary Sue meets robodinos. Boring superior character who goes from social outcast to superhuman savior of the tribe in mission 1. Antagonists are simplistic comic book levels of evil, there are high school bully clichés, etc. That one kid might as well be namedMan this game bored me to tears. If I have to play another fallen progenitor civilization game I'm going to claw my eyes out. It's Mary Sue meets robodinos. Boring superior character who goes from social outcast to superhuman savior of the tribe in mission 1. Antagonists are simplistic comic book levels of evil, there are high school bully clichés, etc. That one kid might as well be named Brad. Main character spends whole life in isolation yet is a smarmy comeback machine, extremely off-putting personality. Environments change from ice to desert in less than the number of steps it takes me to get to the corner shop for toothpaste. Every character is stock. I am a big value for money guy, so I rarely don't finish games, but this one lost me in hour 10, I think it'll be the only one to do so in many years. 1/10 give me my money back. Expand
  20. Jun 4, 2021
    I really tried to like it and it has some very good ideas, but at the same time it fell flat in almost everything. Robots were great, graphics very solid for 2017, but story was extremely meh. I feel like this game is extremely overrated. Even nude mod for Aloy (on PC) didn't make me care to go back, that's how boring this game feels. World is way too much packed together, you can hardlyI really tried to like it and it has some very good ideas, but at the same time it fell flat in almost everything. Robots were great, graphics very solid for 2017, but story was extremely meh. I feel like this game is extremely overrated. Even nude mod for Aloy (on PC) didn't make me care to go back, that's how boring this game feels. World is way too much packed together, you can hardly go anywhere and you are already in your waypoint. There's no great distances between places. Maybe second one will be better, time will tell, but i will never go back to play first one. Expand
  21. Dec 20, 2017
    A game with an empty open world that artificially drags time by walking from one end of the map to the other. The secondary tasks are boring, and the plot itself is banal, unfortunately I can not understand where so many positive reviews
  22. Jun 22, 2018
    This is a visually stunning game. Unfortunately it is devoid of heart and soul. The characters and story are flat as a board. Honestly don't understand all the glowing reviews. I'm hopeful that the sequel will figure it out but this was not worth it for me even at $29.99.
  23. Jul 28, 2020
    Uhmmmm i don't know how to say this but I really think this game is so overrated. The choices doesn't matter the story sucks the plot sucks. The only thing that this game has good is that the graphics but that doesn't matter this game is atill **** **** trash
  24. Aug 2, 2020
    My god this game is so boring, I gave it around 15 hours but I just can't give it anymore.
  25. Jul 6, 2020
    Почему так дорого?! 2800?! С ума сошли, игре рублей 800 дашь. Ей почти 5 лет, а выпускают на пк за супер фулл прайс. В пс сторедешевле, алё. 0 баллов.
  26. Mar 10, 2020
    I first heard about this game from playing Death Stranding which I didn't like but still got the platinum. I wondered why things from that game were included in Death Stranding though. Now I see why. They're both games with boring open worlds, long boring cut scenes, and a plot that doesn't deliver.

I want to be honest that I really liked the first 3 hours of the game, but they make this weird design choice where everyone you've interacted with in those first 3 hours are pretty much killed off. So weird. But you can tell they put a lot of effort into those first 3 hours because this game gets very boring and repetitive soon after. I started by playing on normal difficulty, but got very tired of the gameplay. It's basically Robot Animal Hunter Simulator. Not very fun. I want to be going around whacking stuff. NOT having to shoot arrows and stealth. Stealth is fine, but you have to use it all the time for very little reward.

The things you get from enemies don't really have a purpose from what I gather. I think they're for trading for new equipment, but I don't see any difference from just using the starter stuff. I stopped gather item drops, and besides your inventory space is very limited even if you do upgrade it.

I was more interested in the world and the lore of the game. I HZD would be more about that, but instead it's more about these primitive tribes fighting each other. It's all trenched in SJW propaganda too. Tons of women in high positions, all the characters are basically people of color, and white males are the enemies. I just cannot like the character you play as. She reminds me of Rey from Star Wars. Just perfect at everything. It amazes me how well she socializes and interacts with other people after being an outcast for so many years.

Quests are boring. Combat is boring. The plot presented to the player is boring. The characters are boring. I want to know more about why the world is the way it is. Why was that not the main focus?

I'm still going to platinum it since I'm still waiting for all the great and BETTER game releases in April 2020.
  27. Jul 6, 2020
    Что так дорого за этот кусок говна? я ожидал меньше цены, за игру фиг знает какого года, фиг знает с какой графикой
  28. Jun 26, 2020
    My initial impression of Horizon: Zero Dawn was awe, I really thought the game, and it's story would be something special. That was until I was finally able to play it...a few hours in, and a listening of the Nora Tribe's backstory revealed a hidden agenda in the game. The hidden agenda in the game becomes more blatant the further a player progress in the game. The hidden agenda madeMy initial impression of Horizon: Zero Dawn was awe, I really thought the game, and it's story would be something special. That was until I was finally able to play it...a few hours in, and a listening of the Nora Tribe's backstory revealed a hidden agenda in the game. The hidden agenda in the game becomes more blatant the further a player progress in the game. The hidden agenda made blatant is that of gender. To quote a part of the Nora Tribe's backstory, (which can be heard at the festival, before Aloy's trial, by sitting on log before going to see Teersa) "The Metal Devil was defeated by All-Mother..."

If you put this into context The Metal Devil=Man/Male, and All-Mother=Woman/Female. The very relationship between the two is that of a "Male vs Female" one.

The game becomes redundant in story via dialogue about Aloy being a female. In essence it becomes the equivalent of reinforced learning, by which I mean the torturing type. It is clear from the outset of the game that Aloy is female (we clearly see this continuously visually)...there is no reason to keep making it a focus throughout the game...via dialogue (both main quest, and side missions). It really took away from the story because of this...it's like the writers were trying to convert players to their way of thinking.

A method of thinking that sees women as superior to men. Clearly this is not an exaggeration either, as it can easily be seen throughout the game. Men in this game play a secondary role of sorts, all at a level (less confident, less assertive, less leadership, simpleminded, etc...) beneath that of women. Even at the outset of the game...Rost (Male) is a outcast from the Nora Tribe's matriarchal (Female) rule. No male in the game is equal to a female character, and the majority of the males are antagonist. So in the writers eyes (in this futuristic setting) all females are virtuous. Although fantasy...this would never be the case, there would be good males/bad males. and good females/bad females. There still has to be a balance...tilting the scale in either direction results in a skewed perspective, which is bias.

After playing, and beating the game...I can say with a certainty that I will not be buying and playing the sequel. I thought that eventually they would stop with the gender war, but they didn't...even at the very end. There was still a GREAT EMPHASIS placed on the female gender. The writers couldn't even end the game on a neutral (balanced) note.

If I knew that a agenda would take center stage in this game...I would've never bought it to begin with. It's safe to assume that the sequel will continue said agenda. I rate the game a 4...2 points for gameplay, and 2 for graphics (both creative in their own right). The story would've received a numerical value if it didn't have a gender agenda within it.
  29. Aug 5, 2020
    Lo jugué por curiosidad de la secuela que se viene, pero, me sorprende como no había conocido tal juegazo, excelente historia, es algo diferente!
  30. Nov 23, 2017
    If there's one thing to be learned from this game, it's that humanity doesn't deserve to survive. No, that's not it's message at all but that's how I felt playing it. It's bland. Like really bland. I think the single best feature I encountered with the gameplay was the 'skip' option every time a mind-numbing cutscene popped.

The graphics are indeed a joy to behold, but in the age of 4K,

The graphics are indeed a joy to behold, but in the age of 4K, VR etc. that really doesn't impress me anymore. They did however really nail the balance between different environments; snow, desert, jungle all gave off a nice hue that made for a few pretty screenshots.

The main character was a bore. She looked boring, talked boring, walked boring and her journey was in keeping with it all. The weapons are so limited and repetitive and the armors are about 3 or 4 versions of the same design.

I tried picking the story up again after abandoning it back in the summer but it was just more of the same feeling. Bloodborne, DriveClub and possibly even Shadow Fall are all reasons to invest in a PS4. Horizon Zero Dawn, in my opinion, is not.
  31. Jul 15, 2017
    Purchased this yesterday. I played about 5 hours and concluded that the story is at an 8th grade level and the gameplay is a mix of a lot of better, more entertaining games of the genre. Overall, I found the interface to be awkward, the crafting to be non intuitive, and the combat to be really boring. Worse, the overall story of the game is (I guess) supposed to be a big morality play.Purchased this yesterday. I played about 5 hours and concluded that the story is at an 8th grade level and the gameplay is a mix of a lot of better, more entertaining games of the genre. Overall, I found the interface to be awkward, the crafting to be non intuitive, and the combat to be really boring. Worse, the overall story of the game is (I guess) supposed to be a big morality play. I felt like I was being preached at the whole time - and it was done SO BADLY. "You need to save the tribe" etc. Oh, please. Have some respect for your audience! This could have been a great game, but I'm guessing the leadership behind the execution was either on the warpath to drive a huge morality play, or just amateur. Oh well. Can't please all the people all the time. I'll just wait for the sequel to The Last Of Us for a decent, interesting, socially relevant RPG done by game development team that won't treat me like I'm 12. :) Expand
  32. Aug 17, 2017
    Whilst the graphics are attractive and the A.I are well programmed, the story severely lacks any depth and the missions are quite basic and by the numbers. The game perhaps suffers most from its very poorly written, bland and boring protagonist; Aloy, the character lacks any emotional depth and her voice acting is somewhat passable. One of the only redeeming qualities of the game itself isWhilst the graphics are attractive and the A.I are well programmed, the story severely lacks any depth and the missions are quite basic and by the numbers. The game perhaps suffers most from its very poorly written, bland and boring protagonist; Aloy, the character lacks any emotional depth and her voice acting is somewhat passable. One of the only redeeming qualities of the game itself is the size of the map and the various 'cauldrons' dotted around it. I found the game to be severely over-hyped it makes an attempt to something very fresh and new but ends up being a very by the numbers action game, the game also makes an attempt to be an RPG, the various times you act based on options based on personal choice feel practically meaningless as they may hardly affect anything in relation to the story line. Overall the game makes a valiant attempt to be something 'hip' and new but falls flat and ends up being what i can describe as a boring version of 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt', if you think of playing this game and haven't played the Witcher 3, please take my advice and play that instead and whilst this may sound spiteful (take it as constructive criticism), anyone who give the game a 10 out of 10 is clearly blind to any of its many flaws. Expand
  33. Jun 16, 2017
    This is an unpopular opinion but for me this is the most shockingly overrated game I can remember. While the game has some fantastic features it's plagued by some flaws that for me doesn't make it a great game - a solid game but not a great game.

Graphically the game is one of the best if not the best game to come out on PS4. From the large vistas to the ruins of what is our civilisation to the dark cauldrons to the machines, everything looks stunning. The combat does feel slick and responsive and it is rare that you feel the game screwed you over when you die. The way each machine has it's weak points means you have to take a tactical approach to defeating the larger enemies rather than them just being bullet sponges.

The story is rather hit and miss for me. While I'm only approximately half way through I'm finding half of the story (the parts which focus on the world and how it's become what it is) very interesting however I'm struggling to become invested in many of the characters stories. I find Aloy is a satisfactory lead character however nothing revolutionary and will pale into insignificance compared to some of the truly great characters in other games.

The major flaw with the game is it feels like it's all been done before. While the setting is unique the core gameplay mechanics are very similar to other open world games that came out 2 or 3 years ago. While the game lets you 'take whatever approach to a situation you want' this means that the gameplay for each approach is mediocre and relies on the quantity of the approaches you can take rather than the quality of them. The stealth is basic, while 'going in loud' per se is unsatisfactory especially against humans.

The side quests have for the most part not been particularly gripping. A couple stand out as being fantastic that I really enjoyed however the majority have been either fetch quests or had too little exposition to be grab me.

There are a few smaller gripes with the game that I have. Not having unlimited fast travel and having fast travel packs instead to places you've already visited just gets annoying. I remember having a side quest that wanted to drag me two kilometres. With only three fast travel packs my choices were use two up for this side quest, walk there one or both ways wasting time having already explored that part of the map, or walk in the opposite direction to find a machine I could ride. The same issue applies with not being able to save on the fly. During one session I had to come off the PS4 quickly and unexpectedly however wasn't near a fire to save so lost 30 minutes of playtime.

Finally I had one side quest that I'd invested about 45 minutes into and when I turned up to try and free the character he was wandering around without a care in the world thus leaving that quest stuck as I couldn't advance because I still had to free said character.

I see people making comparisons to the Witcher 3 and even saying this game is better. In my opinion this game doesn't come close to the Witcher other than the fact it has better graphics. This is an unfair comparison though because the Witcher 3 has set the bar as for open world games in almost every aspect especially from a story perspective.

Overall, the game is a solid game that you could put a fair amount of enjoyable time into, however I don't think in 5 years time it will be looked on as a classic. Time will tell and I may be wrong, but I don't see it as a classic.
  34. Mar 9, 2017
    Let's take the Witcher 3 but make the terrain hard to traverse and get rid of interesting side quests. Ya and let's take shadow of Mordor's combat but get rid of all the melee features except for "swing spam" and make every enemy take 30 arrows or more to kill. Oh instead of assassin creed towers, let's have assassin's creed tall dinosaurs. Crafting's popular now right, throw that in butLet's take the Witcher 3 but make the terrain hard to traverse and get rid of interesting side quests. Ya and let's take shadow of Mordor's combat but get rid of all the melee features except for "swing spam" and make every enemy take 30 arrows or more to kill. Oh instead of assassin creed towers, let's have assassin's creed tall dinosaurs. Crafting's popular now right, throw that in but don't make it actually have any depth. This game is an amalgamation of every single bland open-world game to ever exist but somehow even more boring. Expand
  35. May 24, 2017
    Graphics: 7/10.
    Not much to say here, pretty good overall. Characters mimics are a joke though and some gfx don't work properly. - 1 point for the absolute joke of a bow animation that the player has to watch throughout the whole game.
    Story: 4/10 Quite original plot and setting. Characters are horrible one dimensional cheesy carricatures though. Main char is ugly as sin and as
    Graphics: 7/10.

Story: 4/10
    Quite original plot and setting. Characters are horrible one dimensional cheesy carricatures though. Main char is ugly as sin and as sympathetic as a brick wall. Overall storytelling is rather boring, doesn't really make one excited for more. The end of the game is horribly portrayed and anticlimatic.

Sound: 5/10.
    Overall forgettable, but at least not horrible.

Gameplay: 1/10.
    Gameplay is nice in theory. In practice it's a one trick pony with a lot of questionable decisions and 0 replay value as well as 0 incentive to continue playing. Overall gameplay emits the feeling of this game being made for toddlers that have trouble pressing more than 1 button at the same time. Neither challenging nor rewarding and sometimes comically bad in execution.

Overall 4/10.
    It could have been 5 if the game at least had some eye-candy. But all the characters look so bad, it kinda makes one want to stop playing, despite the great looking environments.
    I feel sorry for the people that put together the great engine and other graphics, since they got paired up with horrible character artists, writers and even worse game designers.
  36. Dec 27, 2017
    I don't like games that are pretty much just walking simulators with a little bit of combat thrown into the mix like Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately, that's a large part of the game. Sure the graphics are nice, but the environment feels surprisingly empty, making travelling between areas feel like a chore. Combat became very uninteresting very fast. Aloy is overall an unlikable mainI don't like games that are pretty much just walking simulators with a little bit of combat thrown into the mix like Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately, that's a large part of the game. Sure the graphics are nice, but the environment feels surprisingly empty, making travelling between areas feel like a chore. Combat became very uninteresting very fast. Aloy is overall an unlikable main character, mostly due to the horrid voice acting that plagues Aloy and the NPC's. The talking cutscenes are the WORST. No emotion at all during these, just characters standing creepily still and only moving their mouth, which is rather creepy.

Sadly, another AAA game that fell victim to immense hype that didn't deliver.
  37. Sep 4, 2019
    Игра не интересная, сюжет скучный, геймплей надоедает, графика вообще ни о чём
  38. May 8, 2021
    Story is amazing....that being said everything else is garbage. You don’t control the climbing, the arrows fly in the most ridiculous directions, every side missions is a witcher 3 copycat mission done poorly, and don’t even get me started on the repetitiveness. I have NO idea what the other reviewers played but it definitely wasn’t Horizon Zero Dawn. Good game to play if you haveStory is amazing....that being said everything else is garbage. You don’t control the climbing, the arrows fly in the most ridiculous directions, every side missions is a witcher 3 copycat mission done poorly, and don’t even get me started on the repetitiveness. I have NO idea what the other reviewers played but it definitely wasn’t Horizon Zero Dawn. Good game to play if you have literally nothing else to with your life and it was free. Expand
  39. Jul 22, 2020
    This game is overrated, the world is really boring and doesnt welcome people who want to explore, the gameplay is **** and story is boring
  40. May 3, 2021
    Flat story, chaotic gameplay. Yes, it looks nice... but theres very little beyond that. It tries to be RPG... but its not. It may be ok for younger players, but as an adult... im looking for "adult" stories.
  41. Feb 23, 2022
    Yikes, this game is not good... I only heard good things about this game when I played it, and yes, I was unimpressed with most of it. The best thing about the game is the visuals. The environments and creatures all look amazing, especially for a PS4 game. The people on the other hand look bad. Reviewers hated on Mass Effect for the facial animations and lip sync. This game was guilty ofYikes, this game is not good... I only heard good things about this game when I played it, and yes, I was unimpressed with most of it. The best thing about the game is the visuals. The environments and creatures all look amazing, especially for a PS4 game. The people on the other hand look bad. Reviewers hated on Mass Effect for the facial animations and lip sync. This game was guilty of it as well. It is stiff, unnatural, and just plain bad. The story was interesting until Erend came into it. I absolutely hated his quests and tried to put them off. The combat was horribly abuseable and repetitive. Melee was useless, as well as stealth. The cauldrons were unnecessary, boring, and luckily could be skipped. Aloy was one of the most boring characters I have ever seen. It was hard to get immersed when she seemed unphased by the new places she explores or the visions into the past she sees. The collectables were useless as well with horrible rewards for getting them all. I painstaking beat the game, just due to the interesting main story. Expand
  42. May 4, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A História não me prendeu muito na minha opinião o jogo de desenrola muito devagar, não me prendeu muito esse jogo. Qm não gosta de jogos longos RECOMENDO NÃO COMPRAR!! 60€ PARA LIXO Expand
  43. May 29, 2021
    This is The worst ex Sony... boring, bad gameplay, stupid crafting... it is so overated. Only graphic is good.
  44. BFM
    Dec 25, 2018
    I've made a mistake. I've played this game after God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider Man.
    This game is just ugly. No - not the okay landscapes, that look like what you expect in a PS4 game, if you view them fro ma distance.
    But the horrible animations, the disgustingly horrific character design (especially children, but also all the costumes), the laughable sound design, the clumsy UI and interface, the embarrassing voice acting performances, the cringy and untalented writing ...

Nothing in this game is good. You can probably pick any Far Cry game and find higher quality in all those departments.

This is one hell of an overrated video game, and even though I got it for less than 20 bucks, It highly regret this purchase.
  45. Apr 21, 2018
    An overhyped, overrated trash heap of good ideas with horrible execution. The combat is a chore as the enemies have hitboxes larger than your dodge rolls meaning you will get hit EVERY TIME, the weapons are about as useful as a toothpick against a sword unless you're playing on super easy mode, the story is an illogical mess with some interesting world building mechanics, the charactersAn overhyped, overrated trash heap of good ideas with horrible execution. The combat is a chore as the enemies have hitboxes larger than your dodge rolls meaning you will get hit EVERY TIME, the weapons are about as useful as a toothpick against a sword unless you're playing on super easy mode, the story is an illogical mess with some interesting world building mechanics, the characters are about as deep as a kiddy pool in a hotel resort, and the main character never shuts the hell up. I finished this game and was only left with a headache, hundreds of questions, and surprisingly a desire to commit suicide (Very few forms of media have actually pushed me to contemplate ending my own life.) All in all, this game had great ideas but the worst execution possible. I mean, how do you **** up robot dinosaurs? Expand
  46. Apr 28, 2019
    I really don't understand the adulation for this game. It has major technical flaws (considering the modern generation) and yet people praise it like as if it were the 8th world wonder.

From star this game gave me a good impression. But the more i played, the more i was getting bothered. Then i realized why: this game contains a heavy political agenda especially diversity and feminism.

Have you guys ever noticed how the two genders are portraied in that world? ALL females are noble, braves, wise, self-centered; the males fits two types: or they are horrible villains (slave traders, murderers, traitors,etc.) or weak minded subordinates.....to the women. Yes, virtually all the key positions are delegated to the ladies (the guy who raised the protagonist doesn't count, since he is an exiled and dies in 15 minutes).

I understand that's a pos-apocalyptical world but the structure of roles is ridiculously unbalanced. How can someone explains to me that half of the world's population is good and the other half is bad?

Overall, i didn't like it because it's a feminist game.
  47. May 11, 2020
    Story is so bland graphics are good but story is cringeworthy won’t be bothered by 2nd one. Main character is boring and unrelated to me hence I am not a women and they are boring characters and should stick to being side characters or romantic interest. But overall hated it to much sjw for me.
  48. Mar 12, 2017
    Most major fraud of 2017 on PS4! Obsolete game mechanics, boring cliche story. The most used technique - monster/human enemy run on to finish and from the side the arrow is flying to kill it. The game is so boring that near the end you even dont want to complete it, you have to force yourself to do it.
    There is only one good moment in this game - graphics and optimization. The rest is just a remake of farcry (hello giraffes view towers! yaawl!!!)
    I am very hurt that I became a victim of hype and commercial reviews, do not repeat my mistake, be smarter.
  49. May 13, 2021
    This title is built upon the absolute blueprint of how successful Triple A games come out to be. They MUST be Open World and have good graphics, check and check; if the previous conditions are fulfilled the story will be treated as a good one regardless of the plot and characters. The gameplay can then be whatever you want it doesn’t really matter anyway. Horizon crank this formula up toThis title is built upon the absolute blueprint of how successful Triple A games come out to be. They MUST be Open World and have good graphics, check and check; if the previous conditions are fulfilled the story will be treated as a good one regardless of the plot and characters. The gameplay can then be whatever you want it doesn’t really matter anyway. Horizon crank this formula up to eleven displaying a clever twist to make it even more marketable than it already was, despite being much inferior than any game in the genre.

Games like these are the ones that once made me wonder: why the f*ck is this Open World? It is in past tense because I eventually found out the answer: they fool people easily and sell a lot. This has got to be the emptiest open world game I’ve ever seen! Despite some villages in between there are THREE things to do: find people to prompt side quest, kill robots and looting bushes for unspectacular items. You have beautiful landscapes as the scenery yay, but it’s f*cking 2017! If you’re still impressed at staring at nature in a videogame you haven’t played any game since 2010

The game heavily relies on the graphics/facial expressions/voice acting to stand out so whenever you find an NPC there is this stupid dialogue tree mechanic so feel free to ask useless questions to bore you to death even further since the dialogues are mostly tedious as h*ll. Also since the game is pretty vanilla for thirteen years old the writing is very cliché, chances are you’ll default to selecting the option that ends the conversation as your first choice early on. Voice acting and facial expressions means absolutely nothing if the content is lacking

Its structure rips off Witcher… a lot! Even if you’re the Wicther’s fan number one I don’t think you liked walking up to bushes and pressing X to gather useless items. Well… Horizon “enhances” this mechanic by having a minuscule inventory for you to manage and given how the resources must be crafted with each other to give the real items (like potions, consumables and stuff) there is no way to know what to keep..

But to grind you’ll mostly need to kill stuff and surprise surprise: Horizon’s gameplay is f*cking awful. I know innovation is good and all but “bow and arrow against robotic animals” is a concept doomed from the start. One might wonder: how is an arrow supposed to pierce and damage a machine? I don’t know, but the game treats it as if the metal carcass is just a sturdier flesh, you don’t have to damage the inner circuits or cut some wire; attacking the carcass works somehow. Kinda works, the robots have some weak points:, if you land a shot in the precise pixel it does five times the damage, and believe me: you gotta land that shot! Because shooting arrows anywhere other than the weak point takes forever to kill

You must be sneaky in combat, the game’s notion of stealth is as follows: the player can duck on tall grass to be completely concealed from enemies… that’s it. Horizon stealth is just that. If an enemy sees you they can “telepathically” warn the others, this can make some sense with machines but even human enemies have this unexplained power. When you are discovered you have to back off until the alert goes down; you can’t brute force your way through, making the gameplay unidimensional as f*ck. Let’s take Metal Gear 5: you can plan meticulously your route but sometimes you just want to go balls to the walls and Rambo everybody, the game offers you so many options. Horizon is f*cking bow and arrow man! So crouching on tall grass it is.

Needless to say: the game is super boring. You’re up against machines with a much weaker sniper rifle/semi-automatic weapon; the game is not built to be a shooter as cover is scarce.
    You have a spear that works as a slow sub-weapon, but it should clearly be the other way around with melee combat as the main.

The story isn’t good enough to engage me, the world-building is lame and the characters are awful, stereotypical and super safe ones. The matriarchal society and the female protagonist are the cherry on the top. Given how plastic and by the books the game is, I’m pretty sure the strategy of surfing on the feminist trend was the very first decision they made. It’s just there to be more marketable and please your typical “journalist” who complained about killing black guys in Resident Evil 5 (despite the fact the game was in Africa).

Well, clearly their strategy worked. I don’t trust the Critic Reviews in the slightest but their bribed reviews managed to deceive most players who totally shut their brains off and went with the flow. Fifteen-year old CoD/FIFA players might think this is the best game ever but if you played any open world game you won’t be tricked here. Horizon is the absolute worst example of a Sony exclusive and a total celebration of how f*cked up is the state of gaming industry
  50. May 1, 2021
    O jogo é muito bom, porém não sei o que deu na cabeça dos produtores para colocar um sistema de loot box nos itens do jogo. A história do jogo também é muito cliche, estava esperando um plot twister que não veio.
  51. Mar 6, 2017
    For me this game started good but got dull very quickly. It's is very repetitive and brings nothing new to the table. The graphics are best on the PS4 yet but miles behind PC, I think the PS4 is starting to show its age. Story is also quite yawn inducing and not memorable. If you are bored of Far Cry then this game will not reignite you interest in the genre, just make you hate it more
  52. Mar 4, 2017
    Another game hyped up by the lying games media. The game has good graphics but that's about it. The gameplay is a cross between Assasins Creed 3 and Tomb Raider The story is SJW nonsense, all the villains are white males, all the good guys are black males. At this point I recommend getting a 3ds for good games, or maybe just buying future titles from CD Projekt Red, or some foreign titlesAnother game hyped up by the lying games media. The game has good graphics but that's about it. The gameplay is a cross between Assasins Creed 3 and Tomb Raider The story is SJW nonsense, all the villains are white males, all the good guys are black males. At this point I recommend getting a 3ds for good games, or maybe just buying future titles from CD Projekt Red, or some foreign titles from Japan, pretty much the last bastions of sanity and free speech in gaming. Really sucks to see our hobby being **** up by corporations who pander to the useful idiots and Sjw's. Man how far gaming has fallen from Ps1 and Ps2 days when you could see a good game once a month instead of hoping for one a year. It gets a 3 because you can tell the environmental artists put a lot of work into the game, the gameplay itself is copy pasta'ed from other games, the story is SJW tripe and boring as heck. The hype train will carry it through for awhile, the fanboys who wasted 60$ bucks on the hype will defend it for awhile, but in five years no one will remember this game as anything except another **** game. Expand
  53. Mar 4, 2017
    The game is a ripoff of Tomb Raider and Turok. It does nothing new. It's nothing special. There is no reason to buy it other than if you have a PS4, you really have nothing of any great value to play. Guerrilla is great at making games look nice, but the games themselves are anything but special. It's the same problem of Naughty Dog, but I digress. If you like Tomb Raider, just buy TombThe game is a ripoff of Tomb Raider and Turok. It does nothing new. It's nothing special. There is no reason to buy it other than if you have a PS4, you really have nothing of any great value to play. Guerrilla is great at making games look nice, but the games themselves are anything but special. It's the same problem of Naughty Dog, but I digress. If you like Tomb Raider, just buy Tomb Raider. Don't bother with this game. Expand
  54. Jul 18, 2017
    The gameplay and the environment are perfect, but the boring story line and motionless character seen awful to me. What a waste for the awesome gameplay merchanic and glorious environments.
  55. Sep 22, 2017
    Seems fun at first, but after a few hours it starts getting repetitive and shallow. After about 15 hours I could not take the boredom anymore and stopped playing. The world, characters and combat are repetitive so it all becomes so tedious.
  56. Jul 19, 2017
    The environments are absolutely stunning, but the repetitive combat and lackluster story ultimately lead to a derivative experience. Instead of doing something new, it is instead a culmination of a bunch of ideas that have already been done before. The setting is a typical post-apocalyptic open-world. Except it's so empty, you have to run from one end to another multiple times with nothingThe environments are absolutely stunning, but the repetitive combat and lackluster story ultimately lead to a derivative experience. Instead of doing something new, it is instead a culmination of a bunch of ideas that have already been done before. The setting is a typical post-apocalyptic open-world. Except it's so empty, you have to run from one end to another multiple times with nothing to do but grab things to craft on your journey between point A to point B.

Meanwhile the locations all look the same. I can't tell any of them apart, even if they are beautifully created and rendered. Not to mention the crafting in this game is the priority, and it's one of the worst crafting minigames I have seen in a game. It's so tedious it makes the rest of the game unplayable.
  57. Jun 26, 2018
    Uninteresting main character and a plot that drags on too much, only to be dissapointing in the end.. Pointless open world as there's nothing interesting to get other than plants (gear and weapons can be bought from city stores) and there's a general lack of variety in equipment, something that makes gameplay less and less interesting as the game goes. In short, the game holds your handUninteresting main character and a plot that drags on too much, only to be dissapointing in the end.. Pointless open world as there's nothing interesting to get other than plants (gear and weapons can be bought from city stores) and there's a general lack of variety in equipment, something that makes gameplay less and less interesting as the game goes. In short, the game holds your hand through the entire game. Graphics are ok, as this is a Sony exclusive catering to the casuals that have ruined the industry.

Speaking of catering, it's funny how this game's female characters are assigned to jobs such as forgemaster or beastmaster, along with the majority of them being tribe leaders and while interacting with them, they tell you how dumb their husbands are, or how they beat them up at times. Not to mention the plot of how a SINGLE WAHMAN managed to save the world from the evil men and their approach on technology. Pathetic/10
  58. Feb 23, 2019
    Story is bad, main woman is not interesting...One of the worst game I have every played, I wish I could get a refund.
  59. Apr 15, 2019
    Welcome to Farcry female protagonist, its literally the same game different hero and map that's it
  60. Jul 5, 2020
    да кому она нужна за тройную цену в стим, еще и через три года после релиза?
  61. Oct 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very beautiful game for its generation, you could say one of its own kind. Horizon Zero Dawn combines a good story followed by good gaming mechanics. A game with good weapon physics, both usable and upgradeable. It takes off after extinction juts before we gave lifer to AI. Expand
  62. Mar 6, 2017
    There are far better games on the PS4 that you can play.

Horizon is an uninspired, over designed game.

Bargain bin title yes, a full 60$ absolutely not.
  63. Mar 3, 2017
    The game is quite simply a disappointment for its linearity and terrible combat system. A typical rehash of the typical fetch-questing for progression RPG games.
  64. Mar 6, 2017
    Overyhyped. Don't believe the hype machine.

The story is written by 10 years old. It's not worth anyone time. Most of the characters are flat one dimensional beings esp the main character.
  65. Jan 31, 2020
    This game has a weak storyline, it’s fragmented and you start to feel interest after 3 hours of play. Lots of time is wasted traveling from one location to another and the machine fights is repetitive and boring. I would say the only positive side of this game is it’s graphics.
  66. Mar 3, 2017
    Boring game, terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, typical RPG open world game. I just cannot recommend this ...
    Стандартный больной, скучный опенворлд, графика удручает, история еще могла бы что-то спасти, но в нее просто не хочется играть. Скучно и однотипно.
  67. Mar 3, 2017
    Le doy un punto por los gráficos , todo lo demás es copiado descaradamente de otros juegos , convirtiéndose en uno de los sandbox genéricos más tediosos y aburridos que haya jugado jamás.
  68. Jul 11, 2017
    Like most open world games, this game gets boring really quick. It has the same problem as many other open world games: you feel you're doing the same all the time and just have to tick a list.

I played about 10 hours but couldn't motivate to finish it...
  69. Oct 16, 2017
    I do not even know where to start. The game has a bad schedule. A terrible plot. A monotonous combat system. Monotonous enemies, from which by 10 o'clock it becomes sick. Boring and monotonous additional missions. Boring plot. Badly worked characters, protagonists and actors.
  70. Aug 29, 2018
    completly overrated this game. A 7 has much. the TW3 is 2 years older and way better...
  71. Apr 20, 2021
    It was a really nice game for the first 10 hours max. Then it became a grinding machine game, trying to loot anything around just to progress. It kinda made me get bored of it really quickly.
  72. Oct 10, 2020
    I got it right after relase on PS4 but i was able to spend just about five hours in game. I got it for free on PC so i have to finish it - it was gift. And this game is dreadful. It looks good but world is totally generic. I have wasted almost 40 hours in game and i dont remember single location except Meridian. I can show you ten screenshots and you wil not be able to tell single locationI got it right after relase on PS4 but i was able to spend just about five hours in game. I got it for free on PC so i have to finish it - it was gift. And this game is dreadful. It looks good but world is totally generic. I have wasted almost 40 hours in game and i dont remember single location except Meridian. I can show you ten screenshots and you wil not be able to tell single location where it was taken. Story is classic from zero to hero scenario and there is like five good moments in the whole story telling. Enemies are kinda dumb by concept and mostly simple to beat but at least sounds good. Gameplay is nice but it gets boring fast and missions... i forgot most of them right after i finished them. Side quests are literal waste of time. It is literally just about two types of fetch: Go there and bring/kill or go there, investigate and than bring or kill. Disgusting. Story has a nice concept but the execution is dreadful. Sure... Guerrilla Games is not a CD Project but still... such a generic and bad quests are fillings of the laziness in desing of Assasins creed games. If you take worst fetch quests frfom AC games and you based whole game on them you will get Horizon Zero Dawn, And you can´t even save time wasted on these terrrible quests by climbing ar using shortcuts in terrain becouse you can climb only as high you can jump. If there is no ledge you can jump on... you are done. You have to take a long way around to fulfil this fetch, But i like Aloy. She is simple kinda generic character but she has a nice voice and nicely played character. But as bad as this game is the frozen wilds expansion id really good. Good actors, puzzles, not so generic quests and it overall gives us the hope the second game will be playable not only for PS fanboys but it could be actually a good game. Expand
  73. Mar 29, 2021
    This game is really good. I've played it on PC, and not only does it look stunning (comparable to the Witcher 3 I would say regarding the landscapes and general beauty of the open world), the models are insanely detailed, but there is a lot of fun in the game too. Every fight is unique, you have an abundance of weapons at your disposal and dozens of enemies to choose from. You can fightThis game is really good. I've played it on PC, and not only does it look stunning (comparable to the Witcher 3 I would say regarding the landscapes and general beauty of the open world), the models are insanely detailed, but there is a lot of fun in the game too. Every fight is unique, you have an abundance of weapons at your disposal and dozens of enemies to choose from. You can fight them or not. You can explore the world or just go with the main story. I'd go as far as to say this is the most enjoyable I've ever seen fighting a sword/bow be in a game. And the story itself is super gripping too. Especially in the later parts. It's a great, 20-30 hour game. Maybe not a 10, if the relations between people were more meaningful and the game was less linear overall that would be a 10. But it definitely deserves a 9/10 for me. Expand
  74. Jul 10, 2020
    Этой поделке 500р красная цена, но уж точно не та, что заломили жадные сони. Покупают из других регионов? Так делайте локи на регионы, озвучку и подобное. А не завышайте цену всем подряд.
  75. Apr 22, 2021
    Красивая графика и обсалютно нудная игра, выдержал 3 часа и удалил.
  76. Apr 21, 2021
    The best in the world and the best game I have ever been playing. Every one must play this game.
  77. Mar 22, 2017
    Overhyped.
    Downgrade, only in ps4 pro is beauty also.
    Cliche and ridiculous history
    The only good thing about it, is the combat system, is new and unique, thats all you get from this another single player game.
  78. Mar 2, 2017
    Gameplay was just tedious. Wasn't a big fan of the story/quests and the combat just didn't feel to great to me. Was hoping this would hold me over until the new Zelda came out but I ended up getting bored rather quickly.

Game is very pretty though.
  79. Mar 2, 2017
    You ever play a Gorilla game? Ever play a open world game, such as Farcry? Then you've played Horizon colon 0 Dawn. Is a game that you've already played a thousand times, but with the graphics slider turned to 9. Story is meh, VO is boring and lifeless, and collect-a-thon that is the crafting system is just a mess.
  80. Mar 3, 2017
    A good game with no character is a mix of another beloved franchises but itself feel empty and void. The graphic amazing, combat are boring, melee combat is a punishment and the final twist predictable has hell
  81. Mar 7, 2017
    I sadly did not like it. It was to much of a "chore" and not so much "fun". Sure fine graphics, nice sound, nice polish. But the gameplay just isnt there. better of saving your money for another game.
  82. Mar 3, 2017
    What a huge RIPOFF of Far Cry primal rage. Only this time quests are extremely boring and the main character lacks any charm whatsoever. Graphics are cool but the story is very, very forgettable. This game peaked at previews and its been downhill since I played it. If you want a real open world get Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
  83. Mar 3, 2017
    Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't the greatest game I've played. The beginning story took so long it was enough for me to put the disk away and play something else
  84. Mar 3, 2017
    Nothing incredibly special. Farcry with giant dinosaurs. Doesn't break the typical mold of AAA Open world games. Graphics are standard. Nothing to jump ship for.
  85. Mar 3, 2017
    Entediante, não passa de outro jogo "sanguinário e sombrio" feito para as crianças se acharem "maneiras" por jogar, muito superestimado, não renova em nada as coisas, simplesmente "mais do mesmo" que a Sony tem feito a anos. Finalizando, desapontante, entediante, nada revolucionário e outra lástima para a indústria repetitiva que se baseia o PS4.
  86. Mar 5, 2017
    В геймплее нет ничего нового и оригинального и он хуже если сравнивать со многими играми.Боёвка дерьмо.Стелс,которого почти нет,тоже дерьмо и выглядит нелепо.От сеттинга с аборигенами тошнит.Это просто кино,а не игра.Не советую тратить деньги только ради сюжета.В геймплее нет ничего нового и оригинального и он хуже если сравнивать со многими играми.Боёвка дерьмо.Стелс,которого почти нет,тоже дерьмо и выглядит нелепо.От сеттинга с аборигенами тошнит.Это просто кино,а не игра.Не советую тратить деньги только ради сюжета.
  87. Mar 20, 2017
    Bland combat, stiff animations, and awful voice acting, HZD does what other open world games should try their best to avoid. Decent graphics tacked onto a bland art style is no saving grace when the gameplay and other technical elements are, frankly, offensively bad.
  88. Nov 16, 2019
    A very **** game even the mechanics suck like shooting robot dinosaurs with a bow seriously I'm shocked this game is made by the team who made killzone one of my favorite games of all time then they make this garbage the game is beautiful but it bored the hell out of me I only played this for about a hr then I sold this game I'm not planning on going back to it ever again this is myA very **** game even the mechanics suck like shooting robot dinosaurs with a bow seriously I'm shocked this game is made by the team who made killzone one of my favorite games of all time then they make this garbage the game is beautiful but it bored the hell out of me I only played this for about a hr then I sold this game I'm not planning on going back to it ever again this is my opinion that's all I won't ever like this game Expand
  89. Jul 8, 2021
    I try to play through the game but my god the story is so boooooooooooooring
  90. Aug 17, 2021
    Perfect story and visuals, but bugs and mechanics ruin the whole experience - played on PS4 Pro, LG 4K tv.
  91. Mar 1, 2017
    This game gets really tedious really quickly. The combat is pretty standard, the quests are just like all the quests ever coded and the story-line is uninspired. The dialogue is a weird mix of stone age and "street" with just enough modern one liners and cultural references to spoil any immersion you might be able to dive into. Boss fights are really ridiculous. There is no real strategyThis game gets really tedious really quickly. The combat is pretty standard, the quests are just like all the quests ever coded and the story-line is uninspired. The dialogue is a weird mix of stone age and "street" with just enough modern one liners and cultural references to spoil any immersion you might be able to dive into. Boss fights are really ridiculous. There is no real strategy other than "get somewhere where they can't hit you and shoot them until they die". The extreme feminist bias of the Horizon did little to endear me to the game as well.
    All in all its a purchase I regret.
  92. Mar 3, 2017
    It just seems as if it is a Far Cry Primal with robot dinosaurs, and does not bring anything new to the table of the already overused open world games genre.
  93. Mar 5, 2017
    Looks like this game just unfinished. Beautiful world, perfectly crafted cyber-dinosaurs, redhead with bow, traps and all stuff. But world is empty, characters flat, storytelling boring. So shame.
  94. May 10, 2017
    Don't get me wrong, the game itself is fluid. A stunning world and great combat. But I couldn't get past the political agenda after a while. It was laid on really thick, and made it impossible to connect with any of the characters. I might have been able to push past it, if it weren't for the repetitive nature of the game itself after a while. Just running around aimlessly. I didn't careDon't get me wrong, the game itself is fluid. A stunning world and great combat. But I couldn't get past the political agenda after a while. It was laid on really thick, and made it impossible to connect with any of the characters. I might have been able to push past it, if it weren't for the repetitive nature of the game itself after a while. Just running around aimlessly. I didn't care about any of the people I was tasked with helping - they were depthless voids. It stole ideas straight out of other games pretty shamelessly (search the area like Geralt in the Witcher, and navigate terrain like you're Lara Croft). The combination of flaws forced me to put it down. The writing is god-awful, I don't know how people can be praising it. I like Aloy, but she conveyed herself better in actions than in dialogue. The story was refreshing and the setting was novel as far as RPGs go, so no complaints there. I am giving it a totally unbalanced 0, because it was a totally unbalanced game, and because people seem to be throwing out 10s misleadingly lol. I could cover its good points, as there are some, but everyone seems to have covered those. Expand
  95. Mar 3, 2017
    What a crappy game with bad humanoid NPC AI and uninteresting and boring dialog. The world is gorgeous and it looks awsome. Its a shame that the rest of the game is a shallow and empty piece of wank! Don't belelive in hype and don't belelive in what all of those so called game reviewers say.
  96. Feb 28, 2017
    Typical RPG open world game, bland story, AI is laughable, game mechanics are just simply not good enough and that's even before you measure it up to the Witcher 3. What most mixed critic reviews are saying and all user ones are saying is true it's simply not good enough but I guess it should be praised for not asking for $100 AUS or 60 USD.
    Though what some user reviews are saying that
    Though what some user reviews are saying that its a typical Sony exclusive, not true all game exclusives have the tendency to be pretty bad because its just there to make them money for another bigger project, even the xbox exclusives have been far from impressive but regardless of console horizon zero dawn would have been bad on both because not enough care went into it just a streamline injected formula that we've all seen even in movie license games.

The game has its upsides though, the idea and concepts were new and inspired but the setting, story line and characters were pretty much run of the mill, especially when the witcher has set a new bar that these open world games need to reach to keep fans happy and not to mention the last of us pretty much gave them the urban jungle decay they could have been a little more innovative and thats the key word, since 2016 there's not been enough innovation in the development of games just sticking to what's been done before, and regarding fallout they did branch out into new area for them but they didn't get help to execute it correctly.

One wonders if thats what Horizon needed, a company like naughty dog or kojima productions to help with the narrative and story line while platinum games or projekt red signed some of their employees to help them with the combat engine, etc so that this company would be able to release better titles with its newly found experience in the area, but sadly it was not to be and this looks like another game that suffers the 2016 stigma that so many games fell too.
  97. May 7, 2017
    This game just doesn't qualify to be an open world game.
    Well, you can go left and right there.. it's just always the same. So what's the point?
    Game world is just a decoration and not interactive in any way. Settlements are just "memorials" with non interactive statues, which you can't attack or talk to, unless they scripted quest characters or vendors. Most of the quests are just "go
    This game just doesn't qualify to be an open world game.
    Most of the quests are just "go there and bring me that" type of task. Typical Sony exclusive corridor action game, the only difference is so they made a "plot" corridor rather than actual one. But it's the same - there is absolute no reason to explore the empty world, just follow the scripted main quest line..
  98. Mar 5, 2017
    Great graphics. Good music. But the gameplay is repetitve and boring. Hide in bush, trip, shoot. This game needed more variety but alas, it feels very stale. Aloy is also a boring, monotone character.
  99. Mar 4, 2017
    Aburrido, repetitivo, no a salido en la resolucion que prometieron, la historia es muy linial y eso de mundo abierto no se donde lo ven por que yo no lo he visto muy claro.
  100. Mar 14, 2017
    For game who is one of the most advertised in Q1 I'm really disappointed. Graphic is quite cool but animation have few bugs, and motion capture gives also some wishes. HZD is only weak copy of Farcry Primal mixed with Fallout series. Plot is straight and linear. My playthrou didn't get me any thrill and I made platinum trophy playing only at evenings in about one week. Those who compareFor game who is one of the most advertised in Q1 I'm really disappointed. Graphic is quite cool but animation have few bugs, and motion capture gives also some wishes. HZD is only weak copy of Farcry Primal mixed with Fallout series. Plot is straight and linear. My playthrou didn't get me any thrill and I made platinum trophy playing only at evenings in about one week. Those who compare HZD to Witcher or any Bioware game they didn't play in any good RPG. Game also have few issues in mechanics (selling, buying, fast traveling), weak camera follow. Thanks to this game I've learned that not every hunted animal got fur and not every fish got fish-bones (it's amazing - I've played more than 20h and can't upgrade my sacks and bags). Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 115 Critic Reviews

1. May 22, 2017
    The unfortunate fact of Horizon is that most of what it does well, other games have done better, and they did it with a compelling who and where. This is the game you play after you’ve finished The Witcher 3, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, and Far Cry: Primal. It is the greatest hits compilation of open-world games. Yeah, sure, you might want to own it, but the real connoisseur has the original albums.
  2. Apr 21, 2017
    Horizon Zero Dawn has an unforgettable protagonist, world, story, visuals, soundtrack and gameplay. Due to minor issues with inventory management and quest selection, I cannot call it perfect but I can say it is absolutely worth your time.
  3. Apr 10, 2017
    There is enough spectacular action to keep you occupied for a couple of weeks, but Horizon is not the hot new killer app for PS4.