9.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 31, 2021
    Great game touching warming interesting like the other two games from this developer really worth a try worth the money very enjoyable with a friend, partner or a family member brought it after a couple of days since release with the full price don’t regret A single penny we really need more games like this really looking forward to the next project from this developer who is thinkingGreat game touching warming interesting like the other two games from this developer really worth a try worth the money very enjoyable with a friend, partner or a family member brought it after a couple of days since release with the full price don’t regret A single penny we really need more games like this really looking forward to the next project from this developer who is thinking about Buying it do it it’s really worth it recommended best game of the year so far I have played Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2021
    This really surprised me. It Takes Two is an incredibly fun adventure with an impressive amount of variety that was quite simply a joy to experience with a partner. I have nothing bad to say about this game at all. It's everything a co-op game should be and more!
  3. Apr 25, 2021
    This is easily the best co op experience since portal 2! The game is so incredible I cannot recommend it enough. It's fun, it's different, it's entertaining, it's diverse. And there hasn't been a single moment where it felt annoying or anything. Each level is completely new to the previous one. The message is strong, it might even actually help couples who are struggling with theirThis is easily the best co op experience since portal 2! The game is so incredible I cannot recommend it enough. It's fun, it's different, it's entertaining, it's diverse. And there hasn't been a single moment where it felt annoying or anything. Each level is completely new to the previous one. The message is strong, it might even actually help couples who are struggling with their relationship. What am I saying, a fun game that can also work as a therapy? Hell Yeah! Expand
  4. Apr 12, 2021
    Una experiencia multijugador simplemente maravillosa. A nivel jugable es impresionante y sus personajes son muy carismaticos.
  5. May 10, 2021
    I said this once and I will say it again: Josef Fares is a genius. He just gets better, with every new game. Brothers was mind blowing and A way out an incredible surprise. Now, he takes the coop trademark even further with It takes two.

Sat down with my GF to play this game expecting the good old couch coop fun. And we kept getting surprised with how amazing this game is. It's new, it's fresh, it's engaging; never boring, never repetitive, a feast of gorgeous visuals, funny dialogue and mechanics that never allow the game to get old. Ii takes two is that kind of game we don't want to end. It's that good.

With every new stage, world, every new secret and Easter egg discovered I was amazed by how creative this game is. It is a love letter to gaming, to nostalgia. At the same time, it is current, it is modern, it reminds us why do we sit down to play a game in the first place. It seems Mr. Fares does not give up on his visions and good for him.
  6. Apr 3, 2021
    Вау, просто хорошая кооперативная игра
    Без внутреннего магазина, коллекционных предметов, скинов и прочих "модных" вещей.
    Просто хорошая игра с огромным количеством механик и добрым сюжетом.
  7. Apr 18, 2021
    The best casual co-op game for two players I've ever tried. Nice graphics, spectacular art, and funny story. It has a lot of different gameplay, some of the mechanics may be a bit difficult for non-gamers.
  8. Apr 25, 2021
    it is really an excellent game, the design of its venues is different and very good, an immersive game and not boring, you can have a lot of fun time with a good friend or spouse
  9. May 1, 2021
    This game is amazing. Some of the most innovative puzzles and co-op mechanics that I have ever seen. Also a steal for $39.99. I expected it to be short due to the price but it didn’t feel truncated at all. Likely the best game I’ve played on the PS5
  10. Apr 30, 2021
    Świetna gra ładnie wyglądająca i wciągająca ze świetną kooperacja i historia. Polecam każdemu
  11. Mar 28, 2021
    A magnificent piece of art. Visuals, game design even story - 10/10. Please release DLC)
  12. Mar 29, 2021
    We had a blast playing this with my girlfriend. She is not a hardcore gamer and hasn't touched the controller for half a year since we last played Overcooked 2. It was easy for her to get the basics, and overall enjoyed the game a lot.
    The game itself is a masterpiece in my opinion. Graphics are great. Runs well on PS 4 Pro with no hiccups (sometimes the fan goes crazy).
    Gameplay wise -
    Gameplay wise - absolutely amazing. Level design is very good - no repetition with great and addictive gameplay. Collaboration is a key and we haven't had a case where one of us does all the things, while the other player feels left out. Both players are actively engaged in the gameplay.
    Story is not the main point of the game, it gets you going and you are pushing the game just to see the next beautifully crafted level instead of the story. There are some points in the dialog and story that makes you cringe but it is alright.
    We need more couch coop games like that. I would recommend it all the way.
  13. Mar 29, 2021
    Played this with my fiance and it was an absolute delight from start to finish. One of the best gamin experiences I have had in my life. The game keeps throwing new mechanics at you so things never get stale. Gameplay is super enjoyable and the story is charming.
  14. Mar 29, 2021
    I created an account just to review this game. It Takes Two is a must play masterpiece.
  15. Mar 29, 2021
    Это действительно Шедевр с большой буквы. Количество развлечений на квадратный метр просто поражает, игра ни минуты не дает скучать, максимально удивляет такой динамичной сменой механик, сидишь себе с мыслью "ну куда же ещё круче, неожиданней и драйвовей", а они делают ещё и ещё круче. Пожалуй, лучший COL-LA-BO-RA-TI-ON в истории на данный момент, сделано с душой. Где бы теперь взятьЭто действительно Шедевр с большой буквы. Количество развлечений на квадратный метр просто поражает, игра ни минуты не дает скучать, максимально удивляет такой динамичной сменой механик, сидишь себе с мыслью "ну куда же ещё круче, неожиданней и драйвовей", а они делают ещё и ещё круче. Пожалуй, лучший COL-LA-BO-RA-TI-ON в истории на данный момент, сделано с душой. Где бы теперь взять персонального доктора Хакима? Expand
  16. Mar 30, 2021
    The perfect co-op for a long time game. A platformer with much variety and a very good story. Recommend to everyone to play!
  17. Apr 6, 2021
    It Takes two is a masterpiece! Incredible set design, great story and truly amazing platforming and puzzle elements are what make this game so fun. The game has its protagonists shrunk down as dolls making every set MASSIVE in size. We’ve seen this in other games but never quite like this. From a variety stand point this game “has it all”. It borrows from very clear references such asIt Takes two is a masterpiece! Incredible set design, great story and truly amazing platforming and puzzle elements are what make this game so fun. The game has its protagonists shrunk down as dolls making every set MASSIVE in size. We’ve seen this in other games but never quite like this. From a variety stand point this game “has it all”. It borrows from very clear references such as Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, Dance Dance Revolution and I could name a few more. The game just wonderfully transports you from set to set in rather seamless manner. In terms of platforming this game might be one of the tightest controlled platformers in recent memory. My character throughout this story (Cody) controller a bit like a Mario in Mario 64, with its tight jump, ground pound before jumping to get a higher jump, dashing then jumping to reach further, it all felt very comfortable while being fast and agile. Story wise, it’s cast of colourful anthropomorphic characters have great personalities (aside from Dr.Hakim but that was intentional) most voice acting is accompanied by great motion capture making the characters seem more alive and connected. In the end, this game is a must have! Hazelight studio really outdid themselves and their hard work and dedication finally paid off! Expand
  18. Apr 6, 2021
    wow 10/10 game good byg bast gaI play games with my son and im always amazed at the lack of decent local coop games out there but this game ticked every single box and honestly, alot more! The level design and story are perfect for playing with someone a little younger. You not only have to communicate through the game but it… Expandme wtf
  19. Apr 10, 2021
    This is legitimately one of the best, if not THE best time I’ve had playing a co-op game. The humour is good, the gameplay is awesome and it never got dull.

The only part I felt needed some work was the humans. Maybe going for a more “cartoonish” style would have been better than to try photo realism and... not really reach it. I won’t let that detract though. It is the best game I’ve

I won’t let that detract though. It is the best game I’ve played in a good while.
  20. Apr 12, 2021
    The production team did it. Co-op games set the standard for making it this way. The essence of the game is more about fun than message. As I played, only the words "this is the game" were admirable.
  21. Apr 13, 2021
    Played with my girlfriend. Best couch co-op we’ve played. Game play was always engaging and demanded actual teamwork. Solid visuals, some of the environments you play in are stunning and the characters really grow on you through out the game. Overall the imagination and care that went into this game had us in awe.
  22. Apr 21, 2021
    The best game in the world for two persons. Every one must play this game immediately/ Right now
  23. Apr 23, 2021
    One of the best co-op games I’ve ever played. Despite my general lack of interest in platformers, I found every second of this game enjoyable. There are an impressive number of different elements in the game, that are rarely played for too long & vary from one another in creative ways that are efficient to the overarching story. I’d be shocked if it’s not a solid contender for game of theOne of the best co-op games I’ve ever played. Despite my general lack of interest in platformers, I found every second of this game enjoyable. There are an impressive number of different elements in the game, that are rarely played for too long & vary from one another in creative ways that are efficient to the overarching story. I’d be shocked if it’s not a solid contender for game of the year! Expand
  24. Apr 25, 2021
    Best game of this decade! The storyline is amazing and the environment is both creative and beautiful. Playing this game brings a feeling of joy and is truly relaxing, even though some parts of the game are more difficult. The developers have done a marvelous job ! 10/10
  25. Apr 23, 2021
    The variety of this game is incredible. They switch up mechanics around every corner, and you explore so many different environments. They really rely on the co-op mechanics. I had a wonderful time.
  26. Mar 28, 2021
    It Takes Two is a Masterpiece and was incredibly fun to play with my girlfriend and I would expect even more so with a child. Compared to A Way Out which we also liked, It Takes Two offers far more variation in environments, gameplay and it just far more fast paced and larger in content. I've never seen this many game mechanics in a game before that were also so much fun to play aroundIt Takes Two is a Masterpiece and was incredibly fun to play with my girlfriend and I would expect even more so with a child. Compared to A Way Out which we also liked, It Takes Two offers far more variation in environments, gameplay and it just far more fast paced and larger in content. I've never seen this many game mechanics in a game before that were also so much fun to play around with. Every level feels so fresh and exciting. The game also plays far smoother than I expected it to, and although it is very forgiving I enjoyed the challenge and felt far more engaged than with a way out which I found too simplistic in parts. My girlfriend who is not so experienced with games could still easily enjoy this and we just had so much fun together.

To top it off the game has some absurdly fun characters, is able to throw in some memorable epic moments and offers a very satisfying ending.
    It Takes Two is able to give a solid campaign, brimming with unique characters, environments and excels in its variation in gameplay. Funfactor is throught the roof, was able to surprise me at every corner and now my favourite game of 2021. You can really feel they had asked the whole team of Hazelight studios to gather all creative ideas and implement them in this game. As this is so rarely seen today I will call It Takes Two a Masterpiece!.
  27. Mar 28, 2021
    Сегодня так мало классных кооперативных игр, я просто не могу поставить ниже 10.
  28. IPV
    Mar 29, 2021
    absolutely unbelievable game. Thanks for unforgivable family play! That differs u from others in future
  29. Apr 9, 2021
    perfect game for a couple to play. best co op local game that I ever played along time
  30. Mar 28, 2021
    Dinamic, precious, funny. It worth every penny. One of my favourites frim now on. I just would love some haptic implementation.
  31. Mar 28, 2021
    A masterpiece of how to create a puzzle game with tons of content! One of the best Co-op games I've ever played!!
  32. Apr 27, 2021
    Just a fantastic game, couldn't recommend it enough. Fun gameplay with loads of variety and some modest challenge. Great visuals and atmosphere throughout, with a fun story.
  33. Mar 28, 2021
    This is one of the best games I've ever played! I recommend to everyone to buy.
  34. Mar 28, 2021
    Easyly the best local coop game I have ever played, and I have been gaming for 20 years!

I play games with my son and im always amazed at the lack of decent local coop games out there but this game ticked every single box and honestly, alot more! The level design and story are perfect for playing with someone a little younger. You not only have to communicate through the game but it also makes you have to communicate in real life to progress. Your really do go on a little mini adventure with who ever you are playing with.

The guys who made this game deserve every single penny they make from it and im already hoping they will make a 2nd, 3rd, and 9th one. Fantastic stuff! If you game with a family member then buy it now, its honestly a no brainer.
  35. Mar 28, 2021
    This game is a breath of the fresh air. A marvelous coop experience. Very well made and diverse gameplay, the visuals are great. Can't believe it costs only $40. Played with my wife and we had so much fun together.

Regarding the fact that you have to play it together with someone. Well, communication is a huge part of fun, a lot of gameplay elements force you to talk to your teammate, doing it with AI would remove half of fun. Probably would have liked if it had full screen when you play online, but seeing your team mate screen helps a lot and serves as a part of gameplay.
  36. Apr 4, 2021
    This is the Best Coop game i have ever played on my whole life, and im Gaming since 1985

---------------
    Este es el mejor juego cooperativo que he jugado en toda mi vida, y llevo dándole al vicio desde 1985
    Ojalá hicieran muchos más juegos así, jugarlo con mi mujer es una puta delicia
  37. Apr 4, 2021
    This game means for two humans to play at couch side by side to solve puzzle & going to an adventure. Fresh game than solo player games like hitman or doom. This game will occupy your good time till resident evil village arrives.
  38. Apr 15, 2021
    It Takes Two is a great triple A puzzle platformer co op game. It's refreshing to play a big budget game created purely for co op. The game is very creative when it comes to the gameplay variety and also the setting's atmosphere across the whole game. There is so much detail packed in. The graphics are great. The gameplay and controls are top notch. The difficulty is just right. TheIt Takes Two is a great triple A puzzle platformer co op game. It's refreshing to play a big budget game created purely for co op. The game is very creative when it comes to the gameplay variety and also the setting's atmosphere across the whole game. There is so much detail packed in. The graphics are great. The gameplay and controls are top notch. The difficulty is just right. The game is fun and really makes you work together. It really feels like a theme ride or a big adventure to experience with someone. The only negatives I felt detracted from the game was the main narrative and the amount of unique abilities you could do at one time. Usually, you could only do one or two unique things. I think this was done to make the game more accessible but to me it made the gameplay less interesting. Also the narrative wasn't as interesting as the gameplay to me and felt very repetitive. The narrative still works though and it's not meant to take too seriously. But it also meant, I started spacing out when it came to the cutscenes and dialogue. Expand
  39. Apr 5, 2021
    Probably the best couch co-op ever made. Innovative as Mario-games and there is no dull moment.
  40. Apr 5, 2021
    Best co-op game out there! Cool and creative game mechanics. Much variation, you never get bored. Masterpiece.
  41. Apr 2, 2021
    It Takes Two
    to make a thing go right
    It takes towo is a 12 hour long co op based puzzle platforming game and this is the best co op gave ive ever played in my life. Here you play as either May or Cody… This game does require you play with two people either online or locally, I played locally with my girlfriend, she was May, I was cody… Your daughter is sad the two of you are getting
    It Takes Two
    to make a thing go right
    Here you play as either May or Cody… This game does require you play with two people either online or locally, I played locally with my girlfriend, she was May, I was cody… Your daughter is sad the two of you are getting divorced, the classic magic tears happen and next thing you know, the both of you wake up in the bodies of these 2 dolls,and you have a spansish love doctor in the form of the book of love there to help you find love again, all while the two of you are trying to break the spell and get back in your bodies…. The levels area variety of puzzles, and its that variety that makes it takes two such an amazing game, as again this game is 12 hours long, variety is an absolute necessity.. and because of that, each level here almost feels like a new puzzle game itself… each time youre given a new ability or weapon for that level specifically, which also makes this game so accessible, theres no need to remember every tool or control the game throws at you, as every hour or 2, you throw that item away for a new one, and I loved that..I loved knowing that if im not liking the gameplay of a particular section, that if I just puh through, ill be given a new fresh style of gameplay and not have to deal with it anymore.. and hey.. if you are playing locally and you like one persons ability more than the others, you could just switch characters if theyre willing.. I personally played as cody the whole time… the game does do a great job at switching who gets th better ability… though I feel mostly cody is stuck with the here, let me move this or hold this while you have all the fun platforming… I felt like the cogs inside of a platforming level quite a few times while playing… an interesting idea that im sure would be a pain development wise, is the ability to chose who gets what before a level starts or the ability to switch items as the level goes on.. either to switch things up for each player, or for moments of strengths and weaknesses to play out in the actual people playing… it wasn’t that big of a deal having your ability already pre chosen based on the character you are.. but the choice would’ve been nice.. overall though I absolutely love It Takes Two.. you get a touching story, gameplay variety that revels the likes of a Mario game, and one the most if no the most amazing co op experience in gaming history… it has its moments of this just isn’t fun, and I would’ve like more action sequenes thrown in there than we got, just to break up the puzzle solving more… but it takes two is near masterpiece status, and is a must play for you and that other person in your life…
    I give It Takes Two
    a 9.5/10
  42. Apr 15, 2021
    This game has become one of of my absolute all-time favourites. I played it through with my daughter, and it was a joyous experience, that will long live in the memory.

This game is pretty much perfection!
  43. Mar 28, 2021
    Amei demais esse jogo. Cumpre a promessa de ser um co-op divertido e interessante. As fases são belíssimas e os puzzles sempre interessantes. Platinado!
  44. Mar 31, 2021
    Un juego impecablemente diseñado. Excelente jugabilidad con una historia de fondo un tanto cursi, pero no por ello menos divertida. Lo recomiendo con mucho entusiasmo.
  45. Apr 7, 2021
    Completed the game with a friend and immediately began the second playthrough, changing characters.
    I have been playing for over 20 years and it is very difficult to surprise and entice me with something, but this project amazed me in a way that no one else could for many years.
    Why? Hundreds of insanely diverse mechanics, many of which are made in such a way that you could build an

Why?

Hundreds of insanely diverse mechanics, many of which are made in such a way that you could build an entire game on them, and not a half-hour stage.
    A constant change of genres, weapons, methods of interaction.
    Lots of different competitive mini-games, even full-fledged chess.
    You will never feel left out thanks to the great balance. Both heroes always get interesting abilities and tasks, always!
    As a result, the game will make you a friendly, well-coordinated team, even against your will)

Excellent art direction and design of everything in the game.
    All levels are very diverse and interesting, various interactive elements are placed everywhere, and sometimes even small stories.
    Unless the space level seemed rather boring and drawn-out.
    The musical level is a real masterpiece. Like the whole ending.

The difficulty of the bosses randomly jumps from one to another, but almost all of them are quite simple, albeit fun.

An excellent story, through a humorous form, raising important and serious topics, as well as helping to understand and solve them. From the beginning to the credits, Cody and May are constantly changing and getting better as individuals and as a couple.

Also, the other characters are well written, they feel alive, with their own negative and positive traits. No division into black and white.
    Great black humor and brutality are sometimes discouraging, but always appropriate.

A love story game made with love for you to play with love.
    AKA Interactive Pixar for adults, which is better than Pixar.

Josef, keep your $ 1000.

Only 10/10.

I am still **** crazy about what their daughter had to go through.
    And I still haven't forgiven myself for the queen elephant ...
  46. Apr 3, 2021
    i love this masterpiece ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  47. Mar 29, 2021
    Это просто потрясающе. Портал так не впечатлил как эта игра.
  48. Mar 28, 2021
    I really enjoyed that game of course with my friend , ideal length of the game super puzzles and extra abilities on each stage a lot of great ideas! Thanks and We gamers want MORE games like that co-op offline or online!
  49. Mar 31, 2021
    Such a fun game with amazing graphics and an awesome Gameplay, you Will enjoy It truly if played with your partner, but also enjoyable with a friendo.
  50. Mar 28, 2021
    THE marvelous and incredible spectacle. This perfect game for kids and adults won't leave you cold or alone. 10/10 overall. A must-play game for every single atom in the universe.
  51. Apr 3, 2021
    Esse jogo é muito bom para jogar em cooperativo, uma obra prima feita com muita atenção, em tempos que os jogos sofrem com o descaso de grandes empresas. Joguei com minha namorada que não sabe muito jogar e foi bem tranquilo, tirando algumas partes um pouco mais difíceis pra ela, mas é mais questão de costume.
  52. Apr 2, 2021
    Best coop game ever made. Beautiful and with a lot of different mechanics. It surprises you every time and it's so funny to play.
  53. Apr 5, 2021
    Amazing game. i have to give it a 10 hoping to pull the score up and more people can try this. This is a wonderfully made game for coop play. My gf and i enjoyed it very much.

The game mechanics are interesting and pays tribute to a lot of classics. The writing is not so great but again, it serves the gameplay well and thats enough. I whole heartedly recommend everybody to try this if you have a gamer friend.

But, the friend needs to be a gamer too because it does require a certain skillset to play this game.
  54. Mar 28, 2021
    Сказать о том,что игра бесподобна,обворожительна и нескучна-это то же самое что и промолчать. Столько эмоций от игр я не испытывал давно ни от игр,ни от фильмов,ни даже от музыки. Обещания разработчиков были полностью оправданными и даже больше. Отдельно хотелось бы похвалить графику и цену за игру,которую можно поделить с другом пополам ,ведь после покупки можно будет поделитьсяСказать о том,что игра бесподобна,обворожительна и нескучна-это то же самое что и промолчать. Столько эмоций от игр я не испытывал давно ни от игр,ни от фильмов,ни даже от музыки. Обещания разработчиков были полностью оправданными и даже больше. Отдельно хотелось бы похвалить графику и цену за игру,которую можно поделить с другом пополам ,ведь после покупки можно будет поделиться бесплатной копией. Без друга поиграть не получится. ИИ не предусмотрен ,но от этого игра хуже не стала вообще. По этому не понимаю одиночек,которые из-за этого занижают оценку игре, которая вышла просто бомбезной! Expand
  55. Mar 28, 2021
    Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo! Bellissimo!
  56. Mar 30, 2021
    Amazing game with lots of fun mini games and fun levels. Probably the best co op game you can play.
  57. Apr 5, 2021
    even though I played it with my wife we both got bored fast. even our kids got bored fast
  58. Apr 5, 2021
    I only have one person to play this game with and he is a bad gamer therefore it would be great If this game had single-player mode.
  59. Apr 11, 2021
    One of the rare local coop games. Truly fun and a great game. Thank you Josef Fares for another wonderful game !
  60. Mar 29, 2021
    A perfect example of how to make an extremely engaging co-op game with huge gameplay variety, an intriguing and unique story, impressive visuals and just completely builds off of the great fondation A Way Out set. Josef Fares and his team are by far one of the best game devs out there currently.

I say if you have a friend to play with, this game is a must buy. Josef Fares, you will be remembered dearly by all and I hope you continue to deliver experiences like these.

(P.S. there is a very good easter egg when scanning the stars for frequencies ;] )
  61. Apr 1, 2021
    It would be absolutely awesome... if you have a (girl/boy)friend who's at least as good with the controller as you. If he/she is a beginner, then it's not worth it, in fact this game is getting very frustrating very fast for people not used to 3d platforming :( I had to sell my copy so it wouldn't stare my and my girlfirend in our faces...
  62. Mar 29, 2021
    Добрый день игра занижена в оценке мной , но вот почему
    1) Вот что вам стоили озвучить на Русский ? вы пожалели 50 000 долларов?
    Очень и очень не удобно читать племяннице. Потом, текст + его не возможно читать если есть какие то действия. 2)Что мешало на Л3+Р3 сделать управление экраном ?( то есть 50%/ 80% 100%) почему играя на удаленке мне доступно всего 50 % ? и с этим я не чего
    Добрый день игра занижена в оценке мной , но вот почему
    1) Вот что вам стоили озвучить на Русский ? вы пожалели 50 000 долларов?
    2)Что мешало на Л3+Р3 сделать управление экраном ?( то есть 50%/ 80% 100%) почему играя на удаленке мне доступно всего 50 % ? и с этим я не чего не могу сделать ? я понимаю для игроков с 1 консолью а если игра по сети?
    Но занижаю оценку только из за отсутствия озвучки.
  63. Apr 5, 2021
    it takes two to realize this game sucks hard ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
  64. Mar 28, 2021
    Make a game for someone who is alone. I hate games for couples and newlyweds.
    This game is a game you can never do alone.
  65. Aug 15, 2021
    It seems like EA really spent a lot of money on false advertisements disguised as user reviews. None of the positive reviews seem authentic, those who have played the game knows exactly what I mean. Same goes for these fraudulent video games websites that haven't rated this below 2-3. The game has nothing to do with fun, reminds me of a time when players had to guess what to do to keepIt seems like EA really spent a lot of money on false advertisements disguised as user reviews. None of the positive reviews seem authentic, those who have played the game knows exactly what I mean. Same goes for these fraudulent video games websites that haven't rated this below 2-3. The game has nothing to do with fun, reminds me of a time when players had to guess what to do to keep progressing in the game. Controls are clunky, puzzles are either stupidly easy or just impossible to understand. Most of the time the game doesn't do anything to make the stage or goal clear, one of the worst co op games of all times. Btw when you make a game that has split screen you should really make camera controls that are possible to get around. Stupid game that feels more like an elementary school quiz than a game. I can't really see anyone having fun with this, I vote this for the worst game of the decade... They should really have a money back option on psn, maybe this way we'll see developers like this go extinct as they should. Expand
  66. Apr 13, 2021
    I have mixed feelings about this game. But I'll tell you in order:
    I have mixed feelings about this game. But I'll tell you in order:
    Plot. A strong woman, a weak man, are disappointed with marriage, but instead of solving their problems, they pretend that everything is fine. But even a child sees that this is not so. Then, throughout the game, the main characters do not change, but the problem of their relationship magically disappeared. Well, seriously - stupidity. They could show the development of characters, how a man has a character, and a woman stops thinking only about work. But they didn’t show it. This is a big minus number 1.
    Minus number two is gameplay. I'm not going to complain about the strict multiplayer, it's still more a game for couples than for typical gamers. But in video games it is accepted that it is easy to play at first, and then the game gradually becomes more difficult. Here this is in the beginning, and then the complexity does not change. Me and my girlfriend were just bored of playing the second half of the game.
    The rest of the game is very good.
    Some of the jokes are not bad, some are like cheap comedies with Sandler.
    I give it 7/10 because kids and casual couples should really like it.
  67. Sep 17, 2021
    If you have a partner, PLAY THIS GAME.
    If you have a partner, PLAY THIS GAME.
    Creative levels with good dialogue with 0 repetition. The graphics are good, sound design is good, characters are good, the platforming mechanics are good. There's only 1 problem tho, the glitches. Sometimes stuff happen that make me unable to continue the game so I have to reload to the last checkpoint but still one of the best games ever and definitely a must have
  68. Jun 13, 2021
    One of those games that makes you log into Metacritic immediately after playing it just to tell everyone how mind blown you were by it. Just wow! Hats off to the entire development team. Must play for anyone who has a second player who can play video games decently to some degree and not hold the other person back.
  69. Jul 26, 2021
    One of the best if not the best Co-op games around. Every section has new gameplay gimmicks that are fun and engaging. The variety offered in this game is quite astounding really. The story can be divisive. I liked the back n forth between a divorcing couple AND I really enjoyed some of the darker elements of the story.
  70. May 6, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Anyone who rates this game below a 9 is insane! It's marketed as a co-op adventure, so any reviews that state it should have a single player mode is either a troll or someone who obviously can't comprehend the most simplest instructions. With that out of the way, this game is unbelievably good! I was very surprised and impressed by the variety of levels and gameplay this game delivered on a regular basis. I was constantly commenting how awesome this game is at every turn. If I had any gripe about this game, it would be the story. It deals with some serious issues about kids and how it effects them when their parents divorce. Now the story isn't bad, but its such a fun game that the story kind of brings you down a bit. But that's just me, you may have completely different feelings when you play it. Again, I was very impressed by this game and can't wait to play through it again with other friends that haven't experienced it yet! Expand
  71. May 8, 2021
    I can't remember a game that has given me so much fun. From the first to the last minute! The game is full of creative ideas, the graphics are excellent and the story fits perfectly with the wacky setting. I can only give it the highest score.
  72. Nov 20, 2021
    Great game that loves its players and gives you long adventure filled with huge amount of mechanics and little fun stuff to do with your partner on this journey
  73. May 28, 2021
    Шедевр. Разработчик, низкий поклон. В игре гениально все!
  74. May 23, 2021
    Really fun game with a big variety of mechanics. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into the co-op element, and it's a reasonable price
  75. Jun 29, 2021
    Концовка затянута (Местами весело - но чувствуется затянутость).
    Нет русской озвучки. Текст очень быстрый - читать не успеваю! Ребёнок и подавно не сможет прочитать на таких скоростях, а английский знать он не может в принципе в силу возраста.
    Поэтому от игры очень смешенные чувства. Когда идёт геймплей - очень весело. Когда начинается сюжет - идёт оно всё в одно место! Сюжета тут нет!
    Концовка затянута (Местами весело - но чувствуется затянутость).
  76. Oct 2, 2021
    Best co-op game ever. Friendly for all gamers. Awesome locations with great unique gameplay.
  77. May 16, 2021
    Incrível jogo muito bem feito horas de entretenimento para dois jogadores , super recomendo
  78. Nov 7, 2021
    Лучшая игра в своем жанре, если вам с не во что играть, то берите своего друга или подругу и проходите эту игру. Игра проходится на одном дыхании. Всем советую
  79. May 23, 2021
    Do you like Coop Games ? Maybe even Couch Coop ? Do you like Pixar ? Maybe Toy Story ? Even if you don’t , maybe try this one. This is pure fun, lovely story and you gotta play as a team. Graphics and story, its all there, like going to the cinema and deciding how Toy Story is gonna end.
  80. Jun 22, 2021
    Мне очень понравилась игра, графика головомки внимания к деталям прохожу вместе с женой море удовольствия, очень радует сплит скрин кооп очень люблю и всегда жду эти игры чтобы зарубиться с другом или женой
  81. Jun 12, 2021
    De lo mejordel mercado para jugar en cooperativo. Divertido, largo y muy variado, imprescindible.
  82. May 7, 2021
    This game is insanely fun. Though I didn't find the story so engaging (the book of love is extremely annoying), I can't give it less than 10 due to the excellent quality of the gameplay. I'm playing it with my brother and we've just beaten the clock boss. I don't want it to end.
  83. Jun 2, 2021
    Sublime 2AA so far in the year it's my GOTY sublime history line and the idea of continuous co op is mesmerizing a sure investment.
  84. Nov 18, 2021
    It's a puzzle game, what can you say. I like the premise.

However, the best thing to come out of this game is all the salt from video game journalists that get offended at a game telling you to work on your relationship instead of just leaving it and ruining your child's life. Honestly, some reviewers mentioned this brough back "memories of trauma". What better comedy can you have
    It's a puzzle game, what can you say. I like the premise.

Honestly, some reviewers mentioned this brough back "memories of trauma". What better comedy can you have than this? Thank you It Takes Two.
  85. Jun 17, 2021
    Don’t be deterred if you want to play this with a friend! This is NOT just a couples game. Friends and family alike can play this game together and truly enjoy the stunning detail put into this game. I’m surprised more studios don’t follow this tactic, it’s AMAZING and I will now be checking out a Tale of Two Brothers and A Way Out.
  86. Oct 6, 2021
    This game is a GEM. I haven't been so much into a game for many years. Regarding the gameplay- there are so many new ideas integrated, the game is so much fun and I can't believe how much NOT repetitive. The levels design is gorgeous.

I love it! I'm buying all of the studio's other games.
  87. Sep 19, 2021
    Amazing co-op game! At first I kept seeing all the ads for the game and it didn't peak my interest, but I heard some people say good things about it. Convinced my friend to play it with me and we both loved it.

One of the best co-op games in a long time.
  88. Nov 27, 2021
    太好玩了,游戏的关卡设计将两人的配合发挥到了极致,极致到连跳过动画都需要两个人都长按按键。虽然关卡已经很多很好玩了,但是通关后还是觉得意犹未尽,期待DLC或者续作?(大概率是没有),也期待类似玩法的游戏。
    除开线性的主线剧情,游戏中有很多地方可以自由探索,解锁小游戏,或者和物体互动,各种小细节非常用心。
    唯一的缺点可能是对于平时不太玩游戏的人可能偏难,经常是我等我老婆过关,并看着她一次次死掉。上手后到游戏中后期会好一点。
    除开线性的主线剧情,游戏中有很多地方可以自由探索,解锁小游戏,或者和物体互动,各种小细节非常用心。
    唯一的缺点可能是对于平时不太玩游戏的人可能偏难,经常是我等我老婆过关,并看着她一次次死掉。上手后到游戏中后期会好一点。
  89. Jul 7, 2021
    Nice, funny, beautiful, a masterpiece in multiplayer section, an emotional and funny story at the same time. In a single word ... SPECTACULAR
  90. Jul 22, 2021
    A massive step up from A Way Out which was an impressive game itself but this takes it to another level altogether. Amazing level design, fantastic gameplay mechanics and a very good story overall despite a somewhat abrupt disappointing ending. I was very surprised with how much this game has to offer in terms of content as I racked up roughly 15 hours on my first playthrough. A joy toA massive step up from A Way Out which was an impressive game itself but this takes it to another level altogether. Amazing level design, fantastic gameplay mechanics and a very good story overall despite a somewhat abrupt disappointing ending. I was very surprised with how much this game has to offer in terms of content as I racked up roughly 15 hours on my first playthrough. A joy to play for sure. Expand
  91. May 6, 2021
    Es un juego muy dinámico, el movimiento y las animaciones están súper bien hecha.
    La forma cambiante de las mecánicas, toda la variedad cada dos por tres es una auténtica gozada, y todas súper variadas y aportando cosas nuevas.
    El momento rollo dungeos, Diablo, o cómo queráis llamarlo, es una pasada, chulísima, mi parte favorita. La historia es simplona, y puede que algo larga de más,
    La historia es simplona, y puede que algo larga de más, pero está muy bien construida, y los mundos de fantasía fascinantes, con su toque de humor, genial.
    Vamos con las cosas malas, es necesariamente cooperativo, pero bueno, si tienes alguien con quién jugar, quizás si buscas un desafío, puede hacérsete demasiado fácil, y bueno, no tiene doblaje, un mal menor.
    Lo bueno? Mucha variedad en cuanto a gameplay, su toque de humor genialmente medido, deja escenas inolvidables, su originalidad prima, y todos los detallitos que va dejando a lo largo de la trama.
  92. Nov 29, 2021
    Шедевр
    Лучшая кооперативная игра за всю историю
    Потрясающий геймплей, режиссура и дизайн уровней.
    Аплодирую стоя
  93. Aug 17, 2021
    Um jogo espetacular que cumpre muito bem a sua proposta: Divertir você. Não é nenhuma obra de arte, mas você sem dúvidas se divertirá horrores jogando em coop.
  94. May 26, 2021
    fun game to play with friend and family kjfdhgil rh;of rhgolaeruhgliregl ie ovhei gyh
  95. May 5, 2021
    This is a wonderful video game.
    It is one of my favourite games on PS4.
    It has very creative gameplay and a touching plot.
  96. May 18, 2021
    Played with my wife and it is super enjoyable. The coop was seamless and fun.
  97. May 22, 2021
    I enjoyed every minute of this game creative and fun just amazing must play
  98. May 25, 2021
    I had to create a Metacritic account just to review this game. It Takes Two is a great game to play especially with friends and family. The missions, the mini games, the co-op and the story line was all done perfectly, I never felt bored or annoyed during any part of the game. This is the game that deserves every penny and for the price that it's going for it's not that bad. I wouldI had to create a Metacritic account just to review this game. It Takes Two is a great game to play especially with friends and family. The missions, the mini games, the co-op and the story line was all done perfectly, I never felt bored or annoyed during any part of the game. This is the game that deserves every penny and for the price that it's going for it's not that bad. I would highly recommend going out and getting this game. Definitely a 10/10 for me. Expand
  99. May 30, 2021
    Perfect co-op fun! The game looks awesome and game play is creative and fun. Story line is a bit mad but it doesn’t spoil the game.
  100. May 30, 2021
    this is the best game ever, played with my friends and it was awesome. would highly recommend this game. its now my favourite game I have ever played.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 1, 2021
    However you want to look at it, though, between its solid story and its just-the-right-difficulty puzzles, It Takes Two is a perfect game if you’re looking for something that will interest non-gamer[s].
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 17, 2021
    Josef Fares wasn’t kidding when he said that It Takes Two is unlike any other platformer: it’s amazing how many various mechanics and ideas found their place in this game. [Issue#253, p.32]
  3. Apr 30, 2021
    From start to finish, It Takes Two is a great co-op experience. The gameplay is fun and varied throughout the entire run, and it frequently manages to surprise you. It's simply a fun trip to share with a friend, and it's a game that looks like it was as fun to conceptualize as it is to play. That said, the game frequently gets in the way of itself with mediocre and ineffective writing that I found to be fairly forgettable. It's a great game that stops just short of being a masterpiece of co-op gaming. I simply cannot wait to see what Josef Fares comes up with next.