8.5

1. Feb 4, 2020
    Definitely my game of the year from 2019. A must-play for any Yakuza fan. The story is one of a kind and was engaging all the way to the credits.
  2. Jun 21, 2019
    Judgment is probably one of, if not the best game I have played this year. If you are a fan of RGG's titles or have a love for crime dramas and thrillers then Judgment is the perfect game for you. Judgment is a fantastic step into a new side series from the main Yakuza series and sets up a lot of promise for the future of this sub series.
  3. Jun 21, 2019
    Another masterpiece by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, masterclass storytelling and fun as hell gameplay, 100% recommended, especially to people who like legal suspence / neo noir type of games.
  4. Jul 18, 2019
    Judgment would have been better served by not being related to the Yakuza series. The overall tone and the more grounded, gritty main story doesn't line up with the overall craziness from the usual side quests (or cases in this instance). I really liked the main story here. I feel its better then anything else that's been in any previous Yakuza games. If the main story existed in a vacuum,Judgment would have been better served by not being related to the Yakuza series. The overall tone and the more grounded, gritty main story doesn't line up with the overall craziness from the usual side quests (or cases in this instance). I really liked the main story here. I feel its better then anything else that's been in any previous Yakuza games. If the main story existed in a vacuum, it would be very good. However the side quests don't line up well with the main stories tone and its very noticeable that Kiryu is not here to carry the series during those moments. Also the lack of some of the series mainstay side stuff to do is very noticeable. No karaoke is a huge loss and not having a mode like the Cabaret mode in the previous games makes this the most barren Yakuza game in awhile. The main story though really is that good and makes the game easy to recommend for me. However, new players to the Yakuza series will probably get more out of this then returning players. Expand
  5. Jun 21, 2019
    People are mad that it's a TEMPORARY exclusive... I get that you want to play it on your preferred platform, but giving it a bad score will keep people who would want to try a new game that they know nothing about away which equals to less sales. Not to mention disrespect the people who worked hard on this game.
    If you like the Yakuza series you'll definitely like this game too. Nice
    If you like the Yakuza series you'll definitely like this game too. Nice fluid combat, cool immersive story, amazing Japanese voice-acting, funny, a lot of minigames/side-quests and more.
  6. Aug 10, 2019
    Este videojuego es como un yakuza pero con tintes detectivescos. Posee una buena historia y una calidad increible en casi todos sus apartados. Da verguenza como un juego como este, hecho desde el cariño, no se le haya dado la publicidad que se le merece y a basuras como Final Fantasy XV se les diera mas atencion en su momento. El unico punto negativo de este juego son las fases de sigilo.
  7. Jun 24, 2019
    honestly from the moment I picked it up I couldn't stop playing, the story is REALLY good, the gameplay is fun, the sub-stories are so good and hilarious

give this game a chance you won't regret it
  8. Jun 21, 2019
    I am Pretty Sure that Judgment is one of the best video games of PS4 and i am really happy for that because i got this game very soon. The Gameplay is Great and fast........Graphics looks even more Beautiful with hight Resolution and the story is interesting with some memorable Characters . Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio they have to be Proud for this Creation.
  9. Jun 21, 2019
    Seems like people are review bombing this game because its only on PS4(itll come to PC down the line, if you don't think it will then you've been under a rock) or because it came out early due to digital pre-orders. The game is amazing and you do more harm than good to your cause by discouraging people from getting it with negative user reviews.
  10. Jun 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Por fin un juego del team yakuza en español, hay que comprarlo. Que luego no sacaran mas como no vendan. Expand
  11. VTL
    Dec 9, 2019
    Un juego maravilloso la verdad. Empieza con una narrativa impecable y con un "barrio" de lo mas vivo. Historia más que correcta que a mi gusto se va perdiendo en el final del juego, pero que aguanta. Algo repetitivo en las dinamicas detectivescas pero 100% entretenido... y en castellano subtitulado...
  12. Jun 25, 2019
    Puramente increíble, la fórmula Yakuza en su máximo esplendor... Con una historia tan fresca e interesante como nunca antes en la saga.
  13. Jul 24, 2019
    Have to praise this game for it's narrative and humor. it genuinely fun and doesn't bore me!
    I know this game is not the looker (ugly lightening i'd say), controls are a little bit clunky and the crowd ai is dumb but it's still one of the most interesting games i played recently.

This game deserves your attention.
  14. Jul 31, 2019
    Judgment is by far the best game in the 'Yakuza' series, while it's a spin off you still come across some of the old characters from previous games whether it be just out in the open world or in side quests or the main story, Anyway to keep this short i'll just say how i feel about the game overall.

First of all the game play is as always with the Yakuza series, fantastic, it's fun fluid and has some difficulty to it, but with that being said you can cheese most of the fights if you just keep pausing to restore your health which is exactly what i did.

Second, the soundtrack and story is amazing, like i said this is the best game in the series in my opinion and a must play for any Yakuza fan.

There's tons of content as well, well over 100 hours if you really wanted to complete everything in the game and there's a new game plus mode, (Premium Adventure) that lets you go through the game with all the things you had from your last save OR start completely new but with more things to do like wearing custom costumes you attained while playing through the first time.

and there's also a one life mode called Legendary that makes you restart the entire game after dying which you get after beating the game.

With that being said the only REAL negative about this game is that it can at times feel repetitive in some of the side missions and mini games but that's sort of to be expected when you have so much content in a game.

Overall if you want a fun action/ beat-em up style game with great characters, a great story with tons of twists, and a game with dozens of hours worth of content and a lot of replay ability, this game is for you. do.not. miss out on this.
  15. Jun 21, 2019
    Game interessante com uma pegada diferenciada. Um certo drama asiático caiu bem, estou gostando muito do game.
  16. Jun 21, 2019
    De las 8 horas que llevo me esta solprendiendo, no tenia muchas esperanzas en el juego me me alegra de haberle dado una oportunidad lo recomiedo a todo fan del yakuza pero claro si no os husta el yakuza no os gustara este..
  17. Jun 27, 2019
    Good, but not Yakuza. I like investigating but it doesn't have that humour/violence quality the original series has. But still worth a day one purchase.
  18. Jan 29, 2020
    Brilliant game worh outstanding gameplay and story I love this game with all my heart
  19. Jun 24, 2019
    Another amazing game from sega this year Judgement is the best game in this month you must buy it
  20. Jul 11, 2019
    The minigames are horrible, the graphics do not make me happy, does not have HDR and in the sound part does not have Dolby Atmos. The game is very repetitive and annoying.
  21. Jun 21, 2019
    Muy fiel al universo de jakuza y muy bien echo y narrado, de mis 5 a 7 horas que llevo no tengo ningun problema y me esta encantando
  22. Aug 18, 2019
    Hey, I've got an idea... what if we made a game which took all of Yakuza's problems but stripped out all the fun and goofiness that make the games so enjoyable, replacing them with a set of tedious "detective" mechanics which you can't possibly fail but which consume lots of time?

If that sounds like a great idea then I have some good news: Judgment is that game. If it sounds like a terrible idea then I've got some bad news...

Judgment takes us back to the same few blocks of Kamurocho that we know and love from Yakuza, now looking nicely shiny and HD but otherwise basically unchanged. It gives us a new player character, Ex-Yakuza, ex-lawyer private detective Tak ... great hair but zero charisma. Before long we're given a case to work, collecting evidence for the defence team in a murder trial. This mostly involves running across the city collecting clues, which the game leads you to and then pieces together for you. This is no puzzle game.

Every so often you get into a fight where much like Yakuza you're fighting the camera and the finicky controls as much as the NPCs. In Hard difficulty these are either so easy they're tedious (e.g. any street encounter) or so difficult the only way to get through them is repeatedly hitting pause to eat sushi (e.g. first proper boss fight).

I've only played about 6 hours of the game, so maybe it gets better, but since I haven't cracked a smile once in those 6 hours, or found any reason to care what happens, I can't see any good reason to keep playing on the off-chance it's going to improve.
  23. Aug 21, 2019
    Boring garbage. It would have been better to spend the resources wasted on this piece of garbage game on making proper Kiwami remakes of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. Dumb developers don't even know what their fanbase wants. Yakuza is popular because of the characters and humor, you can't take that out and want to replace it with a boring detective drama with this tryhard character, absolute failure.
  24. Jun 21, 2019
    And again some poor choices for this series -- now they made minigames unavoidable again. Well, some of them o'k, but others (most Club Sega ones) are lame and SHOULD BE REMOVED.
  25. Jan 20, 2020
    so close to being amazing but fell *just* short. the atmosphere and voice acting (with yakuza games, you have to use Japanese) and localization is incredible. The localization team really makes this game what it is. Visuals are inconsistent; excellent character texturing and cinematic lens flaring one second, then wooden animation the next. The story picks up great and is very interestingso close to being amazing but fell *just* short. the atmosphere and voice acting (with yakuza games, you have to use Japanese) and localization is incredible. The localization team really makes this game what it is. Visuals are inconsistent; excellent character texturing and cinematic lens flaring one second, then wooden animation the next. The story picks up great and is very interesting but the conclusion has a lot of holes and nonsense. Overall fantastic game, little bit of a letdown with some story aspects but otherwise one of the best games of 2019 for sure. A real sleeper hit Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2019
    One of the best stories ever on the generation excellent events Grafks excellent and not even legendary fighting fun once again Mb level Yakuza
  27. Jul 13, 2019
    This game is a warning sign. Sega have now reused the same assets and mechanics on all the Yakuza remakes, and now have used them on a "new" franchise. Judgment is little more than just more of the same except the only difference is the "detective" aspect of the game involves dull, tedious mechanics. Tailing enemies is reminiscent of a long forgotten past time we associate with Assassin'sThis game is a warning sign. Sega have now reused the same assets and mechanics on all the Yakuza remakes, and now have used them on a "new" franchise. Judgment is little more than just more of the same except the only difference is the "detective" aspect of the game involves dull, tedious mechanics. Tailing enemies is reminiscent of a long forgotten past time we associate with Assassin's Creeds older games. Crime scene investigations I volve little more than clicking on obvious clues. Deductions are laughably easy and just serve to fill in time. How much longer until Sega delivers a fresh take on their formula. Or will fans be happy to eat up more of the same? Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2019
    Absolute b grade trash, clunky, boring, horrible sound and graphics, it’s more talk then anything, and so much off it ripped out from the yakuza games, from the fighting animations to the whole map. Just trying to cash in from yakuza success.
  29. Mar 21, 2020
    Judgment is basically Yakuza, but with a generally more serious, mature tone and noticeably less combat, which is a shame, because the battles that are there are super fun as usual. It gets replaced with mostly detective / investigation gameplay, which is something I'm usually a huge fan of. However, this game manages to make that utterly boring in every regard.
    There is no mental
    There is no mental challenge to any of it, even the timed minigames are far too easy and the "tailing" segments are among the most dreadful implementation for this kind of gameplay I have ever experienced. It's absolutely atrocious.

Honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking. Maybe they didn't want to risk having *anyone* be stuck for more than 15 seconds. If so, they surely achieved that. But they also wasted a solid murder mystery and decently written character cast on this snoozefest. If you're looking for yet another opportunity to have virtual Kamurocho as your playground, Judgment might still be entertaining enough. Otherwise though I would just steer clear of it. I'm genuinely disappointed, had high hopes for this.
  30. Aug 21, 2019
  31. Sep 4, 2019
    Aburrido y lento, muy poca acción en este título, esperaba mucho más de él.
  32. Jun 22, 2019
    No geral gostei do jogo. Muito parecido com a série Yakusa, tende a agradar quem já conhece o estilo. Particularmente prefiro jogos mais dinâmicos, porém, agrada o suspense em torno da história. Só é importante saber que existem MUITOS dialogos no jogo e se vc nao tiver paciência, busque outra alternativa.
  33. Aug 30, 2019
    Easily the best new game of 2019, aside from Cadence of Hyrule, and IMO, the best Yakuza game
  34. Jun 30, 2019
    Um grande jogo, história envolvente , boa jogabilidade e bons gráficos, a sega acertou nesse jogo.
  35. Jul 19, 2019
    Worst climax ever, i really hope there is no more judgment in the future, the story line is great but the detective mechanics are terrible, fighting is boring and the minigames...no karaoke neither hostess?really??This game doesn´t look like a Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio game
  36. Aug 10, 2019
    Мне нравится игра только есть один минус русской озвучки не хватает (поэтому минус 1 балл)
  37. Sep 13, 2019
    Es un gran juego y divertidisimo con una gran trama, a veces se hace pesao las peleas callejeras pero son buenas!
  38. Sep 28, 2019
    Great story until you figure it out before the characters do, and when you're supplied with choices the most obvious and correct ones are omitted, which leaves your detective character feeling a bit slow and dumb waiting for someone else to figure it out and explain it to you. The combat is super clunky like the rest of the Yakuza games.
  39. Aug 19, 2020
    I can't believe I forgot to drop a review of this game when I played it last year. This game has everything you love about Yakuza and its own unique additions that makes this its own game. I absolutely loved everything from start to finish.
    + Amazing murder mystery
    + cool combat mechanics
    + hilarious substories
    + massive value

I give this a 10/10.
  40. Jun 21, 2020
    I really loved this game. The plot and characters are the strong point, like oin Yakuza games. It is really hard to surpass Kiryu, so the devs decided to create the game with the characters from the opposite side of the law, and this idea worked perfectly.
    Side quests are real fun and written very well, and it's a great addition to the story, they make you feel interested and you want to finish them all. The fighting system is as good as ever with couple of extra moves and graphics is a bit improved.
    However, I felt the lack of detective-like gameplay. The clue search is basically pixel-hunting, and in dialogues the choices you make don't really matter. It would be cool to see how the lack of found clues and wrong dialogue answers would affect the story or gameplay.
  41. Apr 30, 2021
    Take Yakuza, remove the charming and crazy characters, then add tail and detective mechanics with no challenge and you pretty much have Judgement. Yes the Dragon engine GFX are pretty, but the sole driver is now the tension of resolving a mystery with one long grind to get there. Missions, pacing, side quests just seem to lack the humour and shine. Many just seem to be running across theTake Yakuza, remove the charming and crazy characters, then add tail and detective mechanics with no challenge and you pretty much have Judgement. Yes the Dragon engine GFX are pretty, but the sole driver is now the tension of resolving a mystery with one long grind to get there. Missions, pacing, side quests just seem to lack the humour and shine. Many just seem to be running across the map. And now that the signature quirkiness has been dialled back, oddities like the dating mechanic just seem creepy. I’m catching up with the Yakuza 4 remaster and even with the dated GFX I’m enjoying it more after 30 mins than 12 hours of Judgment, which is a shame, because I really wanted to like it. Expand
  42. Jun 11, 2020
    This is a really good Japanese action/fighting game. I really suggest - do not miss it. I enjoyed every minute of my 45 hours I've put in!
  43. Sep 14, 2019
    La nueva entrega del RGG Studio se trata de un spin off bastante continuista con la tónica de las ultimas entregas de la saga Yakuza.

Se agradece el cambio de tono al no encontrarse nuestro personaje dentro de la organización y yendo por su cuenta. La historia pese a ser muy similar con las de la saga ofrece nuevas características como la investigación, seguimiento, etc. Los

Los minijuegos se mantienen con respecto a Yakuza Kiwami 2 y se añaden algunos nuevos.

El combate también sigue siendo un tanto continuista, pese al cambio de arquetipo y a la adición de movimientos más rápidos, a veces se siente un pelín demasiado pesado, a veces incluso más que Yakuza 6.

En general es una entrega muy recomendable que mantiene todo lo que nos gusta de la saga.
  44. Mar 17, 2020
    It's a really good game, with an awesome story. The combat is pretty Yakuza-ish, with 2 combat modes for you to choose, and it's really fun.
    I'm only giving it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to platinum, requiring you to master games that have nothing to do with the main game. After getting a plat in Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and 2, I thought this game would be similar, but Puyo puyo made me quit trying, which is frustrating.
  45. Dec 23, 2019
    With a gripping story, fantastic characters, an all star voice cast, & fun and enjoyable side content, Judgment is an absolutely amazing experience. One of, if not THE, best game of 2019!
  46. Aug 27, 2020
    An absolute blast of a game. Tbh they could even do a movie. Game is super fun, story is really well done, the actors and characters are great (at least in Japanese), the combat is fun, the mini games great...

I can't praise it enough. I really like it as a change of the yakuza series and tbh it even gets me more excited for the new Yakuza 7 as a RPG instead of the usual Yakuza style game.

I was a bit skeptical at the start when i got it but once i gave the chance this game got me for good. And the conclusion was super satisfying.

A 9/10 and tbh one worth having. Don't understand why is not a classic like yakuza 6
  47. Sep 16, 2019
    I've played and beaten every Yakuza game. This was the only game I pre ordered this year. My only regret is that I didn't play it sooner.
    There are some flaws sure. The trailing missions are a fun diversion but later in the game these sequences last too long and feel like a hassle.
    There's a system in place where enemies can damage you and then part of your health won't heal unless you visit a surgeon. This is kind of a hassle.
    Also there's a threat level in place throughout some parts of the game. When the threat level is 100% you encounter enemies a lot which is annoying when you just want to progress with the story.

Despite these issues it's still a ten from me... no question.
    I love the characters. I was skeptical about a new protagonist and a new cast but these guys really nailed it. Such a great sense of friendship between them and good humor too.
    The fighting is just as fun as ever. Yagami is more focused on kicks and has some pretty insane super moves.
    There are a lot of fantastic sidequests and upgrading your character can be a lot of fun too.
    Finally... the story... oh man... it blew me away overall. I really think this might be the best story this studio has produced. Although i'm sure that's partly because it's fresh and different from past games.

Currently my top games of this year are:
    1. Sekiro
    2. Re 2 remake
    3. fire emblem
    4. judgment

It's amazing and highly recommended to anyone who likes story driven games and great combat :).
  48. May 13, 2020
    Great game by the devs that made the Yakuza series. Story was really well done, I really enjoyed playing as a PI instead of a Yakuza. Facial animations and voice actors knocked it out of the park and made this game as good as it was. I loved that they finally introduced English dubs, im not a big fan of playing games in foreign languages. Judgment had the series story with like ableGreat game by the devs that made the Yakuza series. Story was really well done, I really enjoyed playing as a PI instead of a Yakuza. Facial animations and voice actors knocked it out of the park and made this game as good as it was. I loved that they finally introduced English dubs, im not a big fan of playing games in foreign languages. Judgment had the series story with like able characters and light hearted and funny side stories that you expect from the creators of yakuza. Im so tired of Kamorucho though, there are so many districts in Tokyo that they could of chose from, would of been nice to play somewhere new where i dont already know every area in the game. Gameplay/Fighting was fun and an improvement from Yakuza games I think. Expand
  49. Oct 9, 2019
    Just when the Yakuza formula and characters started to get tired, Judgment came as a huge refreshment. It is more than just a spin-off to Kiryu's world. A great and much needed stand alone game, with the best story and characters so far in the most perfected rendition of Kamurocho. A must play.
  50. May 13, 2020
    Juego con una historia sencillamente brutal, espectacular, magnífica. De lo mejor que he probado en mucho tiempo. El combate-lucha callejera acabó por cansarme un poquillo pero no está nada mal.
  51. Sep 22, 2020
    Un auténtico JUEGAZO el #Judgment si este juego no sale de #PS4 me parece el mejor de la plataforma. Este juego desprende amor y perfección por todos lados; tanto en su historia principal que atrapa desde el primer momento, como en sus misiones secundarias súper entretenidas.
  52. Aug 29, 2019
    Este spin-off de la saga Yakuza se coloca a la altura de las entregas principales de la franquicia, llegando incluso a superar a algunas de ellas. En la piel de Yagami, un abogado convertido en detective privado por circunstancias de la vida, nos sumergiremos de lleno en los casos más turbios y oscuros de Kamurocho, teniendo tiempo también para descifrar algunos misterios de menor índoleEste spin-off de la saga Yakuza se coloca a la altura de las entregas principales de la franquicia, llegando incluso a superar a algunas de ellas. En la piel de Yagami, un abogado convertido en detective privado por circunstancias de la vida, nos sumergiremos de lleno en los casos más turbios y oscuros de Kamurocho, teniendo tiempo también para descifrar algunos misterios de menor índole cargados de humor y carentes de lógica alguna. Sin duda alguna, uno de los grandes títulos del año. Expand
  53. Oct 13, 2019
    Judgement is a spin-off to the Yakuza series. First I am a huge fan of the Yakuza. I played every Yakuza there is except the Ishin (since no English translation) and Dead souls (controls are really bad).

I tried this in expectation that it would be good as the other Yakuza games. First, The story was good for me. I always expect a plot twist in these kind of games. So no surprises

I tried this in expectation that it would be good as the other Yakuza games.

First, The story was good for me. I always expect a plot twist in these kind of games. So no surprises any more for me on the end. The pacing of the story is good though. It still gives you that feeling of wanting to go to the next chapter only to be stopped by Sub stories. as a yakuza fan we all know that Yakuza games are rich in sub stories and this game doesn't fail that. I really love the part where we had to catch the perverts the puns in there name really made laugh non stop.

Game play as you would know battle mechanics are always the same with other Yakuza games. But this time you can jump from the wall and kick. you will really abused this mechanic as it is fun.

All in all I don't have much to say on this game other than I hoped that we hand another place other than kamurocho as a place for the game. I kinda know now this place like the back of my hand.

PS: I love the last battle. The fight was epic!

Recommended to Yakuza fans!
  54. Jul 22, 2020
    Sí te gusta la saga Yakuza, es tu juego, además en español. No le pongo el 10 porque creo que quizás más misiones secundarias estarían bien, pero el juego es un TOP
  55. Sep 12, 2019
  56. Jan 18, 2021
    The story is one that gets better as time goes on, and is solid overall.

This game tries so many minor new things that I haven't seen before that it is impressive. Not all of them are good but some are great.

My only distaste came from the drone missions being awkward and some investigation parts being unnecessary. Overall, I would recommend this game!
  57. Aug 19, 2019
    This is one of the few "realistic" games you can get on the market these days, and I love that. No zombies, no magic, no monsters, no dragons and all that jazz, it's something refreshing. Besides that, it's just another great Yakuza style game where you get to be a badass detective. A great story and side stories to boot; with plenty of action, romance, and comedy. BTW the game isn'tThis is one of the few "realistic" games you can get on the market these days, and I love that. No zombies, no magic, no monsters, no dragons and all that jazz, it's something refreshing. Besides that, it's just another great Yakuza style game where you get to be a badass detective. A great story and side stories to boot; with plenty of action, romance, and comedy. BTW the game isn't short, there's a lot of content and plenty of fun things to do in Kamurocho which is Japans Sin City. Expand
  58. Jan 18, 2020
    Great game. Funny! Very exciting and good cut scenes. Kind of gets repetitive but what game doesn't. Buy this game, you wont be disappointed. Must play !
  59. Jan 20, 2020
    Great game that has a deep and more relatable story then some of the Yakuza games. The world is very detailed and feels really alive. Some mechanics are repetitive but overall it is great.
  60. Aug 7, 2020
    Judment - is a game for players who didn't play Yakuza series, but want to get familiar with it. That's not my words, but many Yakuza fans seem to agree with this statement.
    The main story of Judgment doesn't hav any common characters or background with Yakuza series, but the action takes place in the same location called Kamurocho. And, as I can understand, gameplay and mini-games are quite similar to Yakuza.
    The game has immerse story and few very funny side quests. But lots of gamedesiner's mistakes (or lack of ideas) generate lots of annoying situations. There aren't many mechanics besides fighting, so you'll be bored after another tailing or chase. Even if you like fighting gameplay of Judgment, I think that they have to reduce enemy spawn rate. For example, once when I was on my way to main quest point I had 6 fights with street thugs and route of 500 meters long took about 5-6 minutes, 'cos after a few fights you have to go to the shop to restock.
    Conclusion. The game isn't bad. Story line will thrilled you. Main characters have their own temper, dialogue and cut scenes are perfect; you will meet many funny persons with weird requests and it will dilute serious tone of the main case. But, still... almost 40 hours, I think they should have cut it half.
  61. Jul 30, 2019
    I could countless hours playing this game. Compared to all the other Yakuza titles out there, this series is its own. The main story involving the protagonist as an ex-lawyer and detective solving crimes brings out a gritty story line to play. Very fresh and unique, it is arguably one of the best games I have played all year. The fluid combats and amazing combos you can pull withI could countless hours playing this game. Compared to all the other Yakuza titles out there, this series is its own. The main story involving the protagonist as an ex-lawyer and detective solving crimes brings out a gritty story line to play. Very fresh and unique, it is arguably one of the best games I have played all year. The fluid combats and amazing combos you can pull with unlimited props (I.E. Cones, Signs, Bicycles, Etc.) makes fighting such a fun part of this game. Not to mention, there are countless mini games that adds to the replay value once you have beaten the game. There is so many things to do in this game that makes such a special treat. If you are looking for an action RPG currently in the market, don't miss your chance in grabbing this video game copy. You won't regret purchasing this at all! Expand
  62. Aug 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo bem fraco, cópia mal feita de sleeping dogs, gráficos deixam a desejar, infelizmente a Sega está no fundo do poço, já foi melhor, o jogo é bom mas não tem comparação com as obras primas da Sega dos anos 90 Expand
  63. Jul 3, 2019
    Spin off of Yakuza series, so if you don't like Yakuza you may want to use some common sense and get something your'e interested in. Otherwise the story is well written and very expanded if you decide to do every side mission. Not perfect so not a 10, combat does not feel as good as Yakuza games but not bad in a specific way. It can be a little too similar sometimes, like a deja vuSpin off of Yakuza series, so if you don't like Yakuza you may want to use some common sense and get something your'e interested in. Otherwise the story is well written and very expanded if you decide to do every side mission. Not perfect so not a 10, combat does not feel as good as Yakuza games but not bad in a specific way. It can be a little too similar sometimes, like a deja vu effect if you have played previous Yakuza games, however that may not be a bad thing for most. Expand
  64. Aug 3, 2019
    Amazing game. Worth trying. Yakuza team never dissappoints. Fluid gameplay amazing story cool characters interesting side and Main cases. Many new fictures that yakuza serie didnt had in the Harumocho open world
  65. Sep 8, 2019
    A great game, with fun fights, epic history, many activities and side missions for good replayability.
  66. Sep 8, 2019
    Me encanta y es demaciado bueno para expander el lore y esperar al y7.

Felicidades a Sega
  67. Nov 12, 2020
    This is the best game from RGG Studio. The only flaw is the "stealth" moments.
  68. Dec 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game the only this missing is forensic investigation in the story and repetitive combat but by far better ten times than the the sick game yakuza 7 Expand
  69. Feb 20, 2020
    Judgment - a spin off of Yakuza, set in the world of Yakuza, from the studios that brought you Yakuza! As a big fan of Yakuza series must say That RGG studios nailed it again, creating a deep criminal plot of a serial killer who leaves his victims with their eyes gouged out, investigated by the protagonist Yagami, who is an ex lawyer and a detective in the present with a very painful past.Judgment - a spin off of Yakuza, set in the world of Yakuza, from the studios that brought you Yakuza! As a big fan of Yakuza series must say That RGG studios nailed it again, creating a deep criminal plot of a serial killer who leaves his victims with their eyes gouged out, investigated by the protagonist Yagami, who is an ex lawyer and a detective in the present with a very painful past. This game is Yakuza, but packed with more punch, meaning more moves, more fighting styles and finishers with good looking combat mechanics. They have compromised with the lip syncing and acting ( which is Godly in Yakuza series) in order to make conversations skipable dialogue by dialogue, and the English dubbing is very good. In short it is a more mainstream Yakuza packed with more features. Yakuza could never be so good. The only things I hated in the game were it's optimisation and it's lameass boring Tailing missions. My rating 9/10 Expand
  70. Dec 8, 2019
    Muy buen juego con textos en español....buena historia y jugabilidad. Me encanta el juego de los dados!
  71. Mar 10, 2020
    I Love this Game sooooo much!

Ein Meisterwerk, ich liebe es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klare Kaufempfehlung von mir ;-)
  72. Aug 11, 2020
    Um jogo muito bom e que me surpreendeu, realmente vale muito a pena jogá-lo e desfrutar de uma história cativante e diferente.
  73. Feb 5, 2020
    I loved this game, I really blasted through it because I was gripped with the characters and story. The music is good, the mini games are cool, really enjoy the drone races. There’s loads of side cases, characters you can befriend and loads of challenges you can go for to gain exp.

The graphics are good, and the fighting system is fantastic, it’s very satisfying and there’s loads of cool ‘ex moves’ (cinematic strong attacks)

I would highly recommend this game if you want to just enjoy a great story and fighting scenes/gameplay.

Only gripe I have with the game is the detective parts and tailing parts aren’t that fun. But if you can stick through those short parts you’ll love this game.
  74. Apr 25, 2020
    Judgment expands on its Ryu ga Gotoku predecessors in its gameplay, story scale, and overall quality. It's the lovable, quirky, badass formula that's made the Yakuza series so beloved today, while also delivering a gripping detective's tale in its own right. The game struggles in frame performance, but given Ryu ga Gotoku Studio's big strides, these shortcomings can be easily looked past.Judgment expands on its Ryu ga Gotoku predecessors in its gameplay, story scale, and overall quality. It's the lovable, quirky, badass formula that's made the Yakuza series so beloved today, while also delivering a gripping detective's tale in its own right. The game struggles in frame performance, but given Ryu ga Gotoku Studio's big strides, these shortcomings can be easily looked past.

A treat for Yakuza fans and Japanophiles alike.
  75. Jan 18, 2021
    I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, some of the elements of the Yakuza series are starting to age badly (the combat system feels very last gen, the mission design is quite uninspired sometimes and the map of Kamurocho doesn´t feel that interesting anymore) and are constantly holding the game down and preventing it to reach it´s full potential, but on the other hand, theI have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, some of the elements of the Yakuza series are starting to age badly (the combat system feels very last gen, the mission design is quite uninspired sometimes and the map of Kamurocho doesn´t feel that interesting anymore) and are constantly holding the game down and preventing it to reach it´s full potential, but on the other hand, the areas where the game shines (visual design, story, characters, etc.) are so utterly good that at the end the good parts are more than enough to compensate for the bad ones and make the experience enjoyable. Expand
  76. Jun 23, 2020
    Story 8/10
    Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 8/10

Judgement is a spin-off to the Yakuza games. The story is great, solid cast of character and the gameplay fun
  77. Jul 8, 2020
    Hi,

These are my notes for the most important sections of the game. It is a personal opinion and obviously for each person it can be different. ● Playability → 7.1 - Control → 8 - Gratification (Player's pleasure or complacency with the game) → 8 - Learning (Easy to understand the system and mechanics of the game) → 7 - Effectiveness (Capacity to capture the player's attention
    Hi,

● Playability → 7.1

- Control → 8
    - Gratification (Player's pleasure or complacency with the game) → 8
    - Learning (Easy to understand the system and mechanics of the game) → 7
    - Effectiveness (Capacity to capture the player's attention from the first moment) → 7
    - Immersion → 7

● Story Line → 10

- Main Story → 10
    - Additional missions → 10

Final note → 8.1

One of the best narratives I remember from video games. Great gameplay,
    A master class on how to do side missions. Very funny.

Greetings
  78. Jul 16, 2020
    One of best games i ever played
    I loved the friendship between Yagami and Kaito. The story is exciting and really interesting worth 10/10
  79. Jul 19, 2020
    Es divertidísimo, en la línea de los demás Yakuza. La historia es muy entretenida, pero los encargos como detective o los personajes que vas conociendo son hilarantes. Es largo pero no te aburres en ningún momento.
  80. Jul 24, 2020
    Graphisme : 15/20 Beau sans être une claque technique
    Gameplay : 16/20 Yakuza's Gameplay
    Durée de vie : 18/20 Très bonne durée de vie
    Bande son : 16/20 R.A.S
    Scénario : 18/20 Le scénario met du temps a décollé mais quand il le fait c'est excellent
    Ma Note : 17/20
  81. Jul 27, 2020
    Brilliant game ! Very immersive and make you really feel like being a part of the story !
  82. Sep 10, 2020
    Absolutely beautiful journey! You may find some mechanics simple, but if you look at the whole picture, this is so huge and diverse... You can literally live there. Impeccable 10 out of 10.
  83. Aug 11, 2020
    Historia increíble, engancha desde el minuto 1.
    Gráficamente increíble, la ciudad está viva. Sistema de peleas simple, pero muy efectivo. Traducido al español. Como parte negativa, las partes de investigación podrían ser más dinámicas. Las misiones de perseguir sin ser detectado, no están al nivel del resto del juego.
  84. Sep 2, 2020
    An amazing spin-off to the Yakuza (Ryuu Ga Gotoku) series.
    The story is very intriguing and the new characters are just as good as the old ones.
    The new gameplay features, such as the VR game and the chases, are incredibly entertaining.
    The graphics with the new Dragon Engine are really good and the game runs discretly on both consoles.
  85. Oct 21, 2020
    I can't lie, it took some getting use to after playing the Yakuza series. You are investigating a series of murders as a detective rather than being a part of the underbelly of Kamurocho. Lots of detective work and stealth. However the slow start invests you in a great story and I'm glad I decided to keep playing. The dragon engine is phenomenal and the combat is pretty fun. I really likeI can't lie, it took some getting use to after playing the Yakuza series. You are investigating a series of murders as a detective rather than being a part of the underbelly of Kamurocho. Lots of detective work and stealth. However the slow start invests you in a great story and I'm glad I decided to keep playing. The dragon engine is phenomenal and the combat is pretty fun. I really like the new elements of the game. It is different than thr Yakuza games in a good way. I give a 9 only because of the slow start and no karaoke. :( Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2020
    This game is basically Yakuza but with different characters and that’s actually great. The new detective-like activities were a good change of pace and I loved the new protagonist’s character and fighting style.
    The framerate on base PS4 could be better though.
  87. rvp
    Nov 30, 2020
    I just love the developers and their games! The Yakuza series is greatness. And this game is on the same level. The story is super interesting and a lot of great plot twists. The characters are loveable. The open world is great. The soundtrack is good. The game length is very good. Unfortunately, Yakuza and Judgment are bit overseen in the West. They are gems among all video games. Just soI just love the developers and their games! The Yakuza series is greatness. And this game is on the same level. The story is super interesting and a lot of great plot twists. The characters are loveable. The open world is great. The soundtrack is good. The game length is very good. Unfortunately, Yakuza and Judgment are bit overseen in the West. They are gems among all video games. Just so much fun to play! Expand
  88. Jan 7, 2021
    Time: 34:44:57 (30% complete rate when completing the final chapter)
    =====
    費時:34:44:57 (中間有破一些支線破完結局時完成度30%)
  89. Dec 26, 2020
    Einfach geil wie man als Detektiv in Japan druchstreiten kann und Fälle löst. Zu dem auch noch ist die Story sehr einfallsreich und genial erklärt. Ich liebe dieses Game
  90. May 4, 2021
    One of the best story-driven games this gen. I thought this game would gonna be just a fun game without interesting story, but Judgment actually had a deep story, it was a great surprise. Highly recommend.
  91. Apr 15, 2021
    The voices are very great. I like the voice-acting and would play more games with the actors voicing characters or narrating or whatnot.
  92. Apr 8, 2021
    This is one of the better games out recently. Its amazing its not a AAA title like most of the overhyped ones Sony is stuff doing throats through PR stunts which ultimately fail due to too much hype and very little attention to detail when it comes to fixing bugs. Probably the best Yakuza game from Sega in fact that there is no driving activities but still the whole approach of doingThis is one of the better games out recently. Its amazing its not a AAA title like most of the overhyped ones Sony is stuff doing throats through PR stunts which ultimately fail due to too much hype and very little attention to detail when it comes to fixing bugs. Probably the best Yakuza game from Sega in fact that there is no driving activities but still the whole approach of doing tasks to kill item just for the sake of doing so can get tiresome. The developer adds some puzzle solving skills to break the monotony. I found the girlfriend side quests also to be a waste of time in that its essentially sterlized for courtesties in japanese culture even with some of the mature themes involved. As with any Yakuza game, the fighting leaves something to be desired and is a mash of buttons as the main character can be overpowering rather easily with early ability upgrades attained easily. Another annoying thing, is the random battles that pop up constantly even during down times. Its fortunate the player's character is again overpowering to simply outrun enemies and avoid these endless battles. Expand
  93. Apr 27, 2021
    finalmente con la traduzione in italiano posso gustarmi questo gioco e devo dire che è grandioso!!!!!!!!Great
  94. May 5, 2021
    Le casco un diez para compensar el cero que le ha dado otra review, aunque sea la versión de PS4 que siempre es peor que la de Xbox One.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 83 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Aug 2, 2019
    It’s obvious the team didn’t have the budget of Yakuza 6 for this game. But that gives the game its own charm, like those criminal dramas on TV that you would never watch on purpose, but if you stumble upon one, you’re going to see it to the end. [Issue#239, p.52]
  2. Jul 31, 2019
    Whether you’re a long-time Yakuza fan or just coming to this series, Judgment is well worth the investment. Boasting a cracking story, oodles of content and a fantastic fighting system, this spin-off can keep you glued for days… possibly months.
  3. Jul 25, 2019
    Judgment is too afraid to let go of its defining "Yakuza" features, pushing detective gameplay to the side to let the combat mechanics shine. Its story is gripping and very enjoyable, running alongside the extra side content which is full of heart and entertainment. Give Judgment a shot, whether you're a die-hard Yakuza fan, or a newbie to the franchise.