6.6

1. Jan 25, 2018
    At this moment game can be described as "hardly playable" aside the saving bug, the controls are horrible. Sometimes left is left sometimes (and it is not connected at all with flight) left goes for right. PS4 doesn't support bluetooth mouse... Playstation Store denies refund for this undeveloped piece of annoyance! Don't buy it for PS4 because you will regret it!
  2. Feb 20, 2018
    This game has to be one of the most addictive games I have ever played. Yes, the controls take some getting use to but once you understand them the possibilities are almost endless. The learning curve can be a bit sharp, but I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys physics based games and those who LOVE a challenge.. I will be playing this in two years, its so in-depth. Yes, its aThis game has to be one of the most addictive games I have ever played. Yes, the controls take some getting use to but once you understand them the possibilities are almost endless. The learning curve can be a bit sharp, but I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys physics based games and those who LOVE a challenge.. I will be playing this in two years, its so in-depth. Yes, its a port but the folks over at BlitWorks did a terrific job with the controls. Expand
  3. Jan 23, 2018
    This game is great. Only downsides are:
    1 - There are still few bugs. But hopefully these will be fixed soon.
    2 - It is really addictive and can eat a lot of your time. First small clarification what the "enhanced edition" is. The porting of this game was outsorced to another studio. It was released one and half year ago. In very broken and buggy state. It did not even passed
    This game is great. Only downsides are:
    1 - There are still few bugs. But hopefully these will be fixed soon.
    2 - It is really addictive and can eat a lot of your time.

First small clarification what the "enhanced edition" is. The porting of this game was outsorced to another studio. It was released one and half year ago. In very broken and buggy state. It did not even passed certification on PS4 EU and due to savecorupting issues was basically unplayable. It appears the studio that did the port was not able to fix it. So new developer was hired to do a port again. And it was done basically from the scratch. So this "enhanced edition" is not patch to the original. It is completelly new port. (available for free for a customers of the original). It even appears as a separate game in your library. This is a reason why there are still some new bugs. From the development point of view this is basically new release. Not a patch. The "enhanced edition" in the name is only to separate the ports from each other.

Now to the game itself:
    - Kerbal Space Program is a physics simulation game. You have huge selection of parts and you can build cars, rovers, planes, rockets from them and these vehicles behave according the weight, center of mass, motor placements, aerodynamics, thermodynamic, etc.... This is basically whole point of the game. There is no real story (but there are missions). What pushes you further is the need to prove yourself, that you can accomplish something bigger in this huge sandbox (whole solar system is available for you). Basic missions are simple, but there is always something more difficult availble. So you learn and progress slowly from baby steps to crazy rocket science. You start with just shooting small rocket into air and landing it by parachutes. Then you move to getting into orbit, visiting closest moon, docking spaceships, building satelites (later satelite network), landing on the moon and getting back, getting rovers (or even planes) to the other planets, building refuelling stations, mining asteroids, building huge spaceships from several pieces individually brought to space, building planet bases bases, etc. You get the idea.

There are basically five modes to choose from:
    - Tutorial (not really a game mode, but they take lot of time and the latest ones and long guided missions, so I count them too)
    - Scenarios. These are standalone "missions". Basically the game puts you int some situation that would otherwise took you too long to reach in normal mode. So you can instantly drive rover on another planet or land the big spacecraft. Without spending hours to set up this situation yourself.
    - Sandbox. No explanation needed. You just have all options unlocked and you can build and fly anything you want.
    - Career. Here you need to manage funds, run science experiments, slowly unlock tech tree, hire and train pilots, upgrade buildings and run the missions. There are main missions that everybody gets in same order. And then many many random side missions. This is a mode most of the players will play. And you can spent ages in this mode.
    - Science mode. This is simplified career. You dont have to manage the whole space program. But you still need to unlock the tech tree by running science experiemnts in any way you like.

So all in all. It is not a perfect game. There are still some bugs (hopefully fixed when you read this review). Not gamebreaking, but annonying. But slowly incriesing difficuilty in career mode will get you glued up to your screen. The game does not throw at you some insine mission from start. The next one is always just slightly more difficult then the previous one. And you just feel that you can do it. And the syndrom "just one more mission" can lead to long nights :-D
  4. Feb 11, 2019
    A truly unique game crippled by an abysmal port. KSP:EE has game-breaking interface bugs, ugly graphics, and a bizarre control scheme that seems to have been slapped on as an afterthought. The physics engine is extraordinary and vehicle simulation is impressive, but thanks to the game-breaking control design I've had more fun using Microsoft Excel, and the bugs and omissions areA truly unique game crippled by an abysmal port. KSP:EE has game-breaking interface bugs, ugly graphics, and a bizarre control scheme that seems to have been slapped on as an afterthought. The physics engine is extraordinary and vehicle simulation is impressive, but thanks to the game-breaking control design I've had more fun using Microsoft Excel, and the bugs and omissions are unforgiveable. This port is so sloppily executed some controls can't actually be used, suggesting that no real playtesting took place.

The number of QA complaints I could list is more than this input can hold, but it's everything from a camera that doesn't go all the way around (especially bad in a space game) to forcing the player to (slowly) delete saves (no overwrite option - and it corrupted my save to boot), terrible copywriting in missions, controls that require that none-existent mouse or keyboard, a button layout that perversely maps the same button to "dismiss text box" and then "take major destructive action".

There's a general obsession with input modes that means you're fighting the interface more than you're playing the game. It seems that the developers basically ignored the years of interface design that went into porting similarly complicated games, and did the minimum necessary to make it run and get it past the reviewers.

The game also slows down as you play it - one hour in and you'll be experiencing frequent seizures where the game simply stops accepting input for a second - and this is game-breaking during orbital manoeuvres, landing, and docking, and again indicates that no-one bothered significantly play testing this port.

If you've seen this game with pretty graphics in Youtube videos then better understand that it has been modded to do so, and those mods are not included. KSP:EE makes no effort to render a realistic environment. You will also see many KSP instructors on Youtube relying on computational or engineering mods that are not available on the console, despite those mods being essential to game playability.

The storyline mode is extremely rudimentary and serves mainly as a very partial introduction to some aspects of the simulation engine and a means to add the tiny challenge of a tech tree.

I thought that publisher Take-Two Interactive were a AAA company but this feels like a half-baked indie tech demo with a UI designed by a sadist and no playtesting for the console. It's astounding that Sony even allowed it to be released.

The physics engine and vehicle simulation is just amazing, but as a game it's crippled.

If you can, get the PC version. If you must have this on PS4, get it when it's on at least 50% discount.
  5. Mar 30, 2019
    update after the new dlc on consoles: great job, but i dont't know why you guys don't give us the language packs too.

The new control options were most welcome. In the first version for the PS4, I actually left the game due to bugs and difficulty in controls. This enhanced version I can't stop playing. I'm waiting for new versions until it stays the same as the PC. Suggestions

The new control options were most welcome.
    This enhanced version I can't stop playing.

I'm waiting for new versions until it stays the same as the PC.

Suggestions for fixes / improvements:

- When we are close to the limit of saves, the game tends to slow or crash.
    - Need to improve the save / load window, it is unnecessarily slow loading the saves list.
    - Since the last patch there is a loading when you make the revert to launch or VAB that did not exist in the release version.
    -Sometimes when I make a fast-forward on track-station, and I visit a different object than I was before entering the track-station, the time comes back before fast-forward when I return to the track-station of this second object. Ex: ship at dune -> track-station -> fast-forward some months -> base at minus -> track-station and orbits is before last fast-forward, so I repeat the process and I can continue.

Great work !
  6. Oct 18, 2018
    Kerbal is not for everyone. The game looks nice, but the controls can be frustrating. It also takes quite a bit of knowledge of physics that the game does a horrible job of teaching you so you will depend a lot of the expansive online community that is mostly dedicated to the PC version of the game If you are okay with the learning curve tho this game can be a lot of fun. The fun of aKerbal is not for everyone. The game looks nice, but the controls can be frustrating. It also takes quite a bit of knowledge of physics that the game does a horrible job of teaching you so you will depend a lot of the expansive online community that is mostly dedicated to the PC version of the game If you are okay with the learning curve tho this game can be a lot of fun. The fun of a successful launch and mission after failure is exciting and fun and can't be discounted. Expand
  7. Apr 12, 2018
    Great game ! Unique and awesome.
    For console owners is a master of piece.
    new control options rulez and waiting for next updates.
  8. May 9, 2018
    It's not game - it's gold game! I played in this game on PC and PS4 version very good too.
  9. Aug 27, 2018
    If you are passionate about space, rockets and orbit and aerodynamic physics, you will love this game. First of all we must say that it is a fairly complex game since the applied physics are very real and if you add to that its control and playability makes this game not for all audiences, but if you still like it the challenges and you love the world of space this game will like you. ItIf you are passionate about space, rockets and orbit and aerodynamic physics, you will love this game. First of all we must say that it is a fairly complex game since the applied physics are very real and if you add to that its control and playability makes this game not for all audiences, but if you still like it the challenges and you love the world of space this game will like you. It really is like any other game in the aspect of controls and is that once you know how to play and learn the controls, they will not forget you and you will be able to play for many hours with lots of pleasure and fun.

If I had to say the genre of the game, it would undoubtedly be a simulation, since we will have to build our own spaceship or rocket and make trips through space, either to accomplish missions very similar to those that NASA could fulfill, such as discovering new planets, conditions of habitability and even combats.
  10. Oct 4, 2018
    First of all, I'd like to say KSP is a fantastic game! I really enjoy it. Exploration, creativity, problem solving, it really lets you do a lot of things as you build rockets, planes, rovers, submarines, and space crafts to try and reach different planets and moons in the Kerbal system.

Unfortunately, the support is horrific. The patches are few and far between. Many times breaking more than what was fixed. From the dawn of the game's original release on consoles it was a very dark time. After your save file reached a certain size the save was corrupted. Eventually the current Enhanced Edition was released, and it was a whole new wor. . . solar system.

In the game's current state for PS4 at least it is unplayable. I am unable to speak to the stat of the XBox version. When the game is working it is wonderful. Picturesque backdrops for your crafts while in space. But, as you try to complete missions a number of strange new bugs have cropped up completely ruining the experience.

It pains me to say this, as I really enjoy the game when its working. But, stay away from KSP Enhanced Edition until this new fleet of bugs has been addressed.

1. Feb 27, 2018
    If you are extremely patient, then Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition has a deep and rewarding game to offer you. But that patience isn't just tested in the tutorial or painstakingly crawling your way over the steep learning curve. It will be tested throughout your entire experience with the pacing, bugs, and even control scheme itself. Kerbal Space Program is a fantastic and unique gaming experience, and it's a valiant effort to bring this to consoles that rarely even attempt games this outside the box, but ultimately it always feels like a port, and one that would simply be better enjoyed with a mouse and keyboard. If that's not an option, there is an opportunity here to get a taste of one of the ways the PC gaming community stays weird, but be prepared to spend a long time chewing on it before you'll enjoy that taste.
    Kerbal Space Program is a fascinating educational tool. There's a childlike joy to be had in experimenting with your space-faring efforts. You'll find it hard to appreciate that on PS4 though, as this version is a mess on multiple levels. A genuinely good game is spoiled by a terrible port.
  3. Feb 12, 2018
    While the original release of KSP for consoles was a buggy mess, the new enhanced edition is a full blown masterpiece of a game. If you have ever wanted to become a rocket scientist then this is the game for you. With a huge variety of options, whatever spaceship you can imagine, you can build. The new control scheme is perfect for every kind of player.