7.7

1. Jul 26, 2019
    So amazing !! Ahh so happy with this game! I'm giving this game a 10 for sure.
    So much fun and the story! Must play ! :)
  2. Aug 18, 2019
    An amazing fighter for Kill La Kill fans featuring Fan favourite characters. The graphics are amazing... in a way that does the trigger artstyle justice. The story mode though short with 2 different versions (the Ryuko being the better Story as it has Mako in it unlike Satsuki's story). It has its funny moments, and its action packed moments. All cutscenes are done like an Anime whileAn amazing fighter for Kill La Kill fans featuring Fan favourite characters. The graphics are amazing... in a way that does the trigger artstyle justice. The story mode though short with 2 different versions (the Ryuko being the better Story as it has Mako in it unlike Satsuki's story). It has its funny moments, and its action packed moments. All cutscenes are done like an Anime while recreating the actual Anime cutscenes in the engine, and they have done a pretty god job here.

Gameplay wise it is good enough for a Kill La Kill game, it's everything i wanted it to be, and the AI don't let up either, so you can play the game without online if you want and you miss out on anything.

For additional Modes other than Story, there is Versus, Training, Tutorial, Survival, Wave Mode, Ranked Online and Player Online modes. each has something to do so it can keep you from getting bored if you are like me and just sit in training Mode for 2 hours straight with the same 2 Characters fighting each other with infinite health... yes i do it, don't judge.

it is 100% fully voiced in Japanese and English... and with the Cutscenes, unlike Arc Systems previous titles, there is no Text boxes, so you can relax and enjoy the visuals... sadly with the way mouths are made, the English voices although are great, they are out of sync for 60% of the time unlike the original Anime. Nothing beats Stephanie Sheh (Nui) and Christine Marie Cabanos (Mako) though (i am biased and love their other character performances)

The music is what you expect from Kill La Kill, its all the same and just great all around. staying on track with audio (pun not intended), the Sounds from the attacks, screams, and everything is amazing and makes it even better, the way Nonon fires her beams, or the popping of Nui's doppelgangers.

overall this is a sight to be hold and will come back to it from time to time. Congrats on ArcSys for making my dream come true.
  3. Jul 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a Kill la Kill fan, I'm honestly disappointed with this game.

It looks and plays unpolished, has gamebreaking bugs (like crashing when watching certain cutscenes), and it's single-player mode is only two hours long at best, and that's not even counting that Ryuko's story mode is an almost exact copy of Satsuki's. The character selection is small, and the RNG mechanic is unnecessary. The gameplay is leagues less in-depth than a traditional ArcSys game, because it was made by one of their subsidaries, APlus, who also did the mediocre LWA game. That set off red flags for me when it got announced, but I was hoping things would be different since ArcSys said that they'd be working closely with the developers to get things right. That TeamRED, the GGXrd devs would help out get it so the characters would look 2.5D, and "help" with gameplay mechanics, but it turned out so unpolished in the end anyways.

It also plays the cliche "JuSt A dReAm" ending. The end-game boss is a **** baby made out of life-fibers, which is actually smooth-brained. Those are the only two things that actually have story in this game.

I'm so disappointed, because I REALLY enjoyed Kill la Kill when I first watched it, and being teased with a story mode where it centers around Satsuki sounded so great. If you're wondering why ArcSys is threatening DMCAs for anyone streaming story-mode, despite it being required to unlock any in-game content, that's because the game has little content in story mode.

If KLK is Lord of the Rings, then this game is The Hungry Caterpillar.
  4. Aug 8, 2019
    6.5/10

6.5/10

There have been a lot of arena fighters lately like The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia, My Hero Academy: One's Justice, Jump Force and soon to arrive One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows. True, quality is sometimes dubious, but options exist. Kill la Kill The Game: IF is yet another arena fighter game for casual gamers. For those unfamiliar with the show, Kill la Kill is an anime stuffed with action, humor, and… pervert thing. Kill la Kill The Game: IF is developed by A + Games, overseen by Studio Trigger and has Arc System Works as the publisher, which was responsible for the development of Dragon Ball FighterZ and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

Regarding the story mode of the game, I recommend you check out the whole series before playing this title, largely because of a big plot twist. Here the story is told through cutscenes rather than simple dialogues, which is a positive point. In addition, the game's art is sublime and captures the essence of the Kill la Kill series, whether during cutscenes or during battles. The game has a total of two chapters: the Satsuki chapter and the Ryuko chapter. I can't help but admire the excellent work of the Japanese voices, as well as the game's soundtrack. Yes, it is also possible to choose English voices, which aren't bad, but could have done better work on synchronization.

I apologize to everyone, I know this sounds more like a scratched disc but the general and basic aim in fighting games is to do the tutorials, go to training mode to train our skills and learn how to do combos before we go into battle 1 vs 1. But we also have battles 1 vs 100 covers (Musou style). In addition to the other game modes I mentioned earlier there are also modes like Free battle, Player Match, Ranked Match, Survival Challenge and Cover Challenge.

Speaking of this Cover Challenge, we have several challenges to choose from, such as 1 min. Extermation, which consists of defending as many covers as possible in less than 1 minute, 100-Unit Extermination and Endless Extermination. About the characters in the game, unfortunately the initial roster is very poor. Only 8 characters, including Satsuki Kiryuin, Ryuko Matoi, Houka Inumuta, Ira Gamagoori, Uzu Sanageyama, Nonon Jakuzure, Nui Harime and Ragyo Kiryuin. Fortunately everyone has different skills and characteristics from one another. For example, Nonon Jakuzure specializes in ranged attacks.

Moving on to Kill la Kill The Game: IF, ranged attacks, ranged attacks, and Guard Break are some of the things we will be doing during battles. We also have a quick and funny event that we can invoke during combat called Bloody Valor, which is similar to rock, paper, scissors. Mock (Life recovery) wins to Taunt (additional damage) and loses to Provoke (Increases SP Gauge) and the latter loses to Taunt.

After both have chosen the options, our character or the opponent will use unfriendly words. If we win, the event continues (until we reach Valor Level 3, we win the option we have chosen, and our Valor Level increases and we gain improvements for our character. If the Bloody Valor summoner loses, the event automatically ends.

When the Level Value is at maximum, we can perform **** (Fiber lost). And whoever gets caught by this technique automatically loses his clothes and the battle. Seeing all the characters performing their **** as well as the other attacks is very, very rewarding. However, there is a weakness that bothers me during the battles against the covers. That's right, I'm talking about the Lock-on. Because it's a real deck of cards (it shifts to this one and suddenly shifts to those and so on) and you can't pick a target.

Strangely, online mode is only available after completing the Satsuki chapter in story mode. Unfortunately the options we have in online mode are limited because, for example, there is no tournaments, just normal battles. And anyone who has ever felt the pain of inviting our friends on Dragon Ball FighterZ and BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, knows what I'm talking about. Not having a invite button and being forced to give our friends a password to enter our room isn't practical at all. As we complete battles, we earn DP points that can be used to purchase things in Digital Figure (which we can admire and land character models), Sound Test songs, and Voice Library voices. Overall, unfortunately Kill the Kill The Game: IF suffers from a lack of options and content.

Veredict: Kill la Kill The Game: IF is not a bad arena fighter, but it is only average because of the small roster of fighters, the problematic lock-on and the lack of options in online mode.
  5. Aug 21, 2019
    Very good game on very good anime!
    In this game, a low threshold of entry, because it is not very difficult and suitable for beginners. Also here to make a great story, but to understand it you need to know and the plot of the anime. I liked the game very much, but my opinion may differ from yours
  6. Sep 4, 2019
    Great gameplay, graphics and sound. But the game is very poor in content. Few characters, scenarios and extra things to do.
  7. Aug 25, 2019
    Fluid gameplay, loads of content, great soundtrack and all of the original voice actors (both sub and dub!)

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 27, 2019
    With a light and airy story, a number of insubstantial game modes and a limited roster of characters, this is a package that has about as much substance as the twin protagonist’s battle suits. It’s one for Lady Satsuki’s Elite Four, assorted devotees and few others. We’d rather be watching the series. [Issue#166, p.84]
  2. Aug 21, 2019
    Kill La Kill - IF is a pretty descent fighting game, with a good but very simplistic gameplay, a new alternative story well told, but the lack of content is obvious. Fans only.
  3. Aug 13, 2019
    The developer has managed to adapt the anime quite faithfully. However, by focusing mainly on the story they have neglected other important aspects of the game, such as the limitation of characters, modes and combat scenarios. However, the pace of frantic fighting and how well it is achieved, adaptation can become a fan.