8.9

1. Mar 31, 2017
    Were you like me; a fan of Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Re:Chain of Memories but didn't really have a chance to play the plot-relevant portable entries of this franchise? Worry not! This compilation in combination with 'Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue' offers the perfect way to catch up on the story of one of the most beloved series in gaming history up to this point for quite aWere you like me; a fan of Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Re:Chain of Memories but didn't really have a chance to play the plot-relevant portable entries of this franchise? Worry not! This compilation in combination with 'Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue' offers the perfect way to catch up on the story of one of the most beloved series in gaming history up to this point for quite a decent price. There were some issues when the game first launched mainly due to the 60 frames per second upgrade (excessively fast animations, save crashes and some others); however, Square Enix have thus far been proactive on these issues -- introducing 2 patches within the last two weeks leading up to the English release proving they have indeed listened to community feedback. So far, I have had a flawless experience with this game! The 60 frames per second is smooth and works really well in this entry just as well as it did in Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Dream Drop Distance. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2017
    Aside from a few technical problems (which should, by all accounts, be fixed in the near future at the rate this game is currently being patched), this remains a solid entry point into the series for newcomers & also a worthwhile port for series veterans, 60fps, non-existent load times and most of the games (the best ones IMO) in one package. Would be a 10/10, but the polish is lostAside from a few technical problems (which should, by all accounts, be fixed in the near future at the rate this game is currently being patched), this remains a solid entry point into the series for newcomers & also a worthwhile port for series veterans, 60fps, non-existent load times and most of the games (the best ones IMO) in one package. Would be a 10/10, but the polish is lost slightly outside of KH1FM & KH2FM. Expand
  3. Mar 29, 2017
    Missed this series?
    Nows your chance to pick it up!
    This is more for newcomers than it is already established fans
    A collection of one of the best stories in gaming history
  4. Apr 19, 2017
    4 Games made 60 FPS and the colors are much more saturated than the ps3 version, making everything look absolutely beautiful. KH1 FM and KH2 FM are alone worth the price, so it's a no brainer that $50 for 4 games and 2 movies is an insane deal. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are some of the best games ever made, so if you haven't delved into Kingdom Hearts, I absolutely recommend this.

ALSO,

ALSO, Forgot to mention this is a HUGE plus, loading times have been INSANELY improved, making these games literally the best versions to date. I cant stress enough how good of a deal this is and for $50 you are absolutely getting the most out of your money.
  5. May 29, 2017
    Una verdadera maravilla.Una pena que el ReChain para mi gusto manche un poco la perfeccion.Muy recomendable por su historia y jugabilidad.Trae varias cinematicas y juegos remasterizados
  6. Aug 22, 2017
    Amazing! As a kid I never had the chance to own these games because I didn't have a ps2. This collection includes 4 games and 2 movies. It's a good deal! The story is great and if you are a disney fan like me, you will LOVE these games! KH 2 is my favorite! Can't wait for the 3rd chapter
  7. Aug 27, 2017
    Great value, especially if you're new to the world of Kingdom Hearts.

Great value, especially if you're new to the world of Kingdom Hearts.

The games haven't aged as well as I remember, and I'd all but forgotten about the frustrating camera, but generally they're still very entertaining. The sprinkle of Disney magic here is pretty unique in video gaming, and a lot of it will bring a broad smile to your face if you're a fan of either the classic or newer Disney movies.

My previous experience of Kingdom Hearts was of only the first game and its numbered sequel on the PS2 - the other games included in the collection are handheld games which bridge the gaps of the occasionally convoluted plot (that's the Final Fantasy universe for you).

At the price I paid (£33), you get 100+ hours of entertainment, remastered in HD. If you're a fan of Final Fantasy, or Disney - or especially if you're a fan of both - then you should give this a go. If, like me, you played the original games a decade ago, they are definitely worth revisiting.
  8. Jun 16, 2017
    This was a favourite growing up and it will remain that way for a long time. I put a lot of time into 1 and 2 and sped through the others for the story.

It was a nice change to see them include a lot more (which i believed was included in the ps3 re-release)
  9. Aug 18, 2017
    This the best Kingdom Hearts Collection and it includes every main game and masterpieces like Kingdom Hearts 2. The perfect collection if you're waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3
  10. Sep 26, 2017
    if you are a huge kingdom hearts fan you will love this game even after 15 years its still a 10/10 with all these games :D
    THIS GAME IS MLGGGGGGGGGGGG
  11. Sep 5, 2017
    Look, I was in a state of vehement avoidance of this franchise since it launched in 2002. But I always wondered in the back of my mind if it was worth playing these games. I just played through the playable games in this collection and watched the 2 "movies", here is an honest assessment after about 100 hours with Kingdom Hearts.

First, good on Squeenix for putting out this collection

First, good on Squeenix for putting out this collection on one console. All the games look sharp and play smoothly, and there's no need to dig out legacy handhelds in order to play catch up. I'll just briefly touch on each game in the collection here, for those on fence.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is a decent game that is hampered by it's overly confusing quest design. A new player will spend too much time wandering through the levels trying to trigger the next cutscene. The core gameplay and combat is solid though, and I ended up enjoying my time with the game. The boss fights in particular are something special, and the Disney element is implemented well enough. If the series didn't improve from here though, it would be pretty dismal.

Re:Chain of Memories is an extremely frustrating entry, that is important to the story. I suspect this is where a lot of people might fall off, the combat system is not great and the bosses aren't fun at all. After playing all the games in this collection, I think bosses are a key element of a KH game and this is just abysmal. You may find it easier to watch the cutscenes on Youtube, but that wouldn't exactly be thrilling either. Gameplay-wise, this is the weakest. But I'd recommend playing it anyway because the story is actually pretty interesting, and leads directly into KH2.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is probably the most consistent game in this collection. The story is very confusing and convoluted, but is also very unique and has some excellent cutscenes that redeem it in my eyes. The gameplay is borderline excellent, and has aged better than most PS2 games with action-based combat. The quest design is vastly improved, and the player is no longer left chasing their tale trying to figure out what to do next. Great boss fights round it out and make the collection worth buying for this game alone.

358/2 days is not playable. It's just a movie, and a pretty dull one. But it also has a strong emotional core that is lacking somewhat in the mainline games. I recommend watching it, but be advised that it wasn't meant to be a movie and it shows.

Birth by Sleep has my favorite combat system of the bunch, and is a fun prequel with a story that I personally felt was much easier to follow than KH2. There is a clear antagonist with motives that are understandable, and he is voiced by the late, great Leonard Nimoy. It's worth playing this to hear his performance as a truly evil dude, but the combat and Disney worlds are also great. The Disney worlds in this game feel more like a traditional fantasy RPG, and you will end up fighting through castles, sewers, haunted woods, and space (!) with three different characters that all play differently. The battle system with slots for spells is genious, and allows you to directly control what actions you take unlike the system in KH2. You get to cook up your own action abilities and slot them in however you want. Trust me it's good. BBS is a real winner in my book, and has me looking forward to playing the 2.8 collection next.

The Re:Coded movie is hot garbage, but also seems to set up the next game in a big way. Take that for what you will. I hated it, but the ending provided enough payoff for me to not completely regret watching it.

In this player's opinion, Kingdom Hearts is a worthwhile series. It treads a dangerous line between garbage and brilliance, but it is unique enough that I'm willing to cut it some slack. These are ambitious games, and even when they stumble there is an endearing quality to it. Plus KH3 is going to have Toy Story in it, which was enough to get me to buy this collection. I love Toy Story.
  12. Jun 23, 2017
    Juegazo. No lo juge en su dia y cometi un error por no jugarlo antes. Es un juego muy divertido muy buena historia y jugabilidad. El remaster esta bien hecho luce muy bien, las cargas son muy rapidas. La historia es muy bonita y tienes bien de horas para meterle. Juegazo de 10
  13. Nov 13, 2017
    This is a realy beautiful remastered. I've already try the remastered and I was really impressioned from the graphics. I am a great fan of the Kingdom Hearts games, and I will buy Kingdom Hearts III even the price will be 100,00£
  14. Jan 30, 2018
    I had never played any Kingdom Hearts related games before, because I didn't have a PS console, however, once I got my PS4, this was the first game I got. It was recommended to me by several friends and I found this game extremely interesting. It offers pretty much the whole story line of Kingdom hearts. The game itself is like a 6 in 1 package and its a great value for the price given. II had never played any Kingdom Hearts related games before, because I didn't have a PS console, however, once I got my PS4, this was the first game I got. It was recommended to me by several friends and I found this game extremely interesting. It offers pretty much the whole story line of Kingdom hearts. The game itself is like a 6 in 1 package and its a great value for the price given. I overall found the Kingdom hearts II Final mix the most interesting out of all of the different game choices. I can't wait to see the next game to this series come out. Overall I definitely recommend this game to all, whether you are a beginner or expert at games. Expand
  15. Apr 14, 2018
    I have been in love with this series since I was 6 years old. However, until the 1.5 and 2,5 collections came to PS3, I had never had a chance to experience all of the games. Kingdom Hearts has always had an issue with putting important games of different handhelds, and having them all on one system not only helps newcomers into the series, but also helps the KH veterans enjoy it evenI have been in love with this series since I was 6 years old. However, until the 1.5 and 2,5 collections came to PS3, I had never had a chance to experience all of the games. Kingdom Hearts has always had an issue with putting important games of different handhelds, and having them all on one system not only helps newcomers into the series, but also helps the KH veterans enjoy it even more.

By this point, any bugs have been patched and the game runs at a smooth 60fps in 1080p, with almost non-existent load times - a massive upgrade from the PS3's horrendous ones making you want that stupid spinning heart to burn in hell.

As a veteran of this series myself, I can delightfully say that now anyone can be prepared for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 thanks to this absolutely beautiful port.

Also, remember the two free DLCs from the PS store for an extra cutscene in Days and a new theatre mode in KH1
  16. Apr 18, 2018
    an amazing package of the KH saga if it weren't for this collection I wouldn't of gave KH3 a chance I found a new fav franchise because of this collection
  17. May 20, 2018
    If you are a fan of this saga, you must play it, and it's a chance to understand the story.
  18. May 22, 2018
    no habia podido jugar todos los juegos de esta saga pero este remix fue perfecto para mi. la historia siempre te deja con ganas de mas y es un gran RPG de la vieja escuela combinado con la escuela moderna. no duden en comprarlo, tendras una gran historia, con una gran jugabilidad y un soundtrack hermoso. recomendado
  19. May 30, 2018
    One of my first and the best Game that i ever played on the PS2 & PS4.
    The Combat System in Kingdom Hearts II is incredible good.

Lets hope Kingdom Hearts 3 can surpass this Games!
  20. Oct 22, 2017
    If you're a Kingdom Hearts fan and you want to relive the moments on the PS4, you 100% want this pack. It's a massive steal. You're getting 4 remastered games for the price of one including two remastered cinematic films. While I found this remaster sort of confusing as to what actually was supposed to be graphically different about the game, I found out that the original game was in 480p,If you're a Kingdom Hearts fan and you want to relive the moments on the PS4, you 100% want this pack. It's a massive steal. You're getting 4 remastered games for the price of one including two remastered cinematic films. While I found this remaster sort of confusing as to what actually was supposed to be graphically different about the game, I found out that the original game was in 480p, and it looked better on my old non-HD TV. If you play the game on a full HD TV, it will look very pixelated. This remaster, though, is very stunning and it does capitalize on some of the graphical problems that the original did have. Overall, I highly recommend buying this as it has hours upon hours of content. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2017
    Marcado de por vida desde hace 10 anos me encanta estos juegos es mi juego favorito y nunca dejara de serlo! no es un juego para todo el mundo pero e que lo van a disfrutar al maximo maximas hora sde juego no es un juego facil de sacarle platino nos de los mejores juegos sin lugar a duda
  22. Jun 27, 2018
    This was a perfect way to revisit the series that led me into a life of loving games. Kingdom Hearts 2 is naturally the highlight of the series, but this collection is a must have in preparation for the 3rd one coming early next year.
  23. Jul 29, 2018
    Une superbe compilation, qui m'a fait découvrit le magnifique monde de Kingdom Hearts. Malgré Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories, chaque jeu frôle la perfection! A faire OBLIGATOIREMENT avant Kingdom Hearts 3.
  24. Sep 18, 2018
    If there are two things that I like behind the audiovisual world and video games are the Final Fantasy games and the Disney movies. I still remember back in the year 2002, the first Kingdom Hearts went on sale, an unprecedented bet where the Disney team and the creators of Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, joined forces, creating and developing a video game that marked a before and a later, andIf there are two things that I like behind the audiovisual world and video games are the Final Fantasy games and the Disney movies. I still remember back in the year 2002, the first Kingdom Hearts went on sale, an unprecedented bet where the Disney team and the creators of Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, joined forces, creating and developing a video game that marked a before and a later, and whose saga today continues to raise followers all over the world.
    Currently this game has been remastered on PS3 and PS4, bringing together in a single CD to 6 of its great games.
    If something should be noted for this saga is not only by the merger of both companies that I have previously named, but by the charisma of Sora, Donald and Goofy and all the other characters that appear in the games, history, narrative, music (which is incréible), controls, battle modes, the number of Disney characters that appear and the multitude of options that have, in general, all Kingdom Hearts (some more than others, since they have been developed for different platforms and, leaving aside the main ones that are those listed from 1 to the future 3, the others have different ways of playing).
    100% recommended if you're a fan of Disney, Final Fantasy or both.
  25. Jul 9, 2020
    An exelent deal, and nice idea of cramming all This beautifull ganes in one package!
  26. Nov 7, 2018
    La nota no van para los juegos individualmente (que podrían tener esa nota) sino por el pedazo de pack que ha hecho Square en este recopilatorio, donde se corrigen los bugs y se moldea los juegos a unos 60FPS sólidos.
  27. Nov 15, 2018
    Me inicié en la saga gracias a este gran packs de "6 juegos" a los que al final solo he jugado 3, debido a que incluye 2 películas y un juego con una de las peores jugabilidades que he tenido la desgracia de probar.
    Aun así, debido a KH1 y KH2 es un pack que merece mucha la pena y recomiendo pese a los defectos ya nombrados.
  28. Dec 3, 2018
    One of the most beautiful games in terms of the story and the way to play and even drawings to Jaya Disney, but I congratulate Square and Disney on this project
  29. Jan 21, 2019
    This was an amazing idea to introduce new people to the series and have old fans replay the games in upgraded graphics
  30. Feb 13, 2019
    As a newcomer to this series I was blown away. The games have aged really well and they are a blast to play. The story is emotional and interesting, and the merging of Disney and final fantasy works really well. The movies in the collection are pretty good, especially the 358/2 days one. The collection has tremendous value and will probably take you to an emotional and captivating journey.
  31. Feb 18, 2019
    *DISCLAIMER: As usual, while this review will in some points take into account the quality of the individual games, this review will more so discuss the collection by itself, and not the individual titles.*
    Who would've thought it? A full collection of all the "Kingdom Hearts" games (or, most of them, at least) all packaged together on one disc. Yes, we got the "HD 1.5 ReMIX" and "HD 2.5 ReMIX" on their own, but now they've been bundled together and repackaged on one disc for the PlayStation 4. 6 distinct titles (4 games and 2 hours-long cinematic retellings) all put together in one disc. It's almost a miracle the disc doesn't explode with all it has on it. And it's definitely a pretty strong package.
    "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX" is a package that works in that it's a showcase of a fantastic RPG series. It includes several excellent, accessible, and all-around memorable titles on it, and again, for it to pack as much as it does onto one disc is pretty masterful. The games (mostly) still hold up excellently, and being able to play them at 60 FPS on the PlayStation 4, while it might seem like a minuscule thing, honestly makes things flow so much better and feel so much smoother. It's almost worth getting on the strength of that alone. Furthermore, if you're a newcomer to the series, this is without question the perfect place to start.
    Still though, the collection is far from perfect: for starters, while it does include the highest highs of the series (such as the first two games), the disadvantage of being such a large collection is that it does include some of the series lows as well (such as "re:Chain of Memories" and "Re:Coded"). Even though the collection works on sheer number of titles, that doesn't mean each one is perfect. And furthermore, while it might seem enticing for longtime "Kingdom Hearts" fans to buy this collection regardless of whether they bought into the previous "ReMIX" collections, there's really nothing else new here to make it worth purchasing. Yes, the 60 FPS makes the combat so much better, but otherwise, it's a very standard re-release that, honestly, could've even waited for the PlayStation 4, given when the "HD 1.5 ReMIX" and "HD 2.5 ReMIX" were both released.
    Still, in terms of the sheer numbers and amount of content packaged into this collection, it doesn't really get much better than this. There may not be much new here if you've already picked up the previous collections, but the 60 FPS combat makes this a whole lot better, and if you're a new player looking to get started with the series...well, like I said, no better place to start than here.
    Final rating: 8 out of 10 "Great"
  32. Feb 20, 2019
    this is an amazing saga . this is a one package deal that you wont regret with 4 playable games and 2 cutsences movies.... if you want to understand Kingdom Hearts 3 but this .... this is a must
  33. Mar 5, 2019
    Una oportunidad única de disfrutar de cuatro de los mejores títulos de la franquicia de Square Enix. Con Kingdom Hearts experimentaremos el comienzo de todo, pudiendo en esta ocasión olvidarnos del aparatoso sistema para manejar la cámara en la añeja PlayStation 2. Tras este, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories aterrizará en su versión de PS2, un hito que solo pudieron conocer los japoneses.Una oportunidad única de disfrutar de cuatro de los mejores títulos de la franquicia de Square Enix. Con Kingdom Hearts experimentaremos el comienzo de todo, pudiendo en esta ocasión olvidarnos del aparatoso sistema para manejar la cámara en la añeja PlayStation 2. Tras este, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories aterrizará en su versión de PS2, un hito que solo pudieron conocer los japoneses. Kingdom Hearts II supone la segunda entrega numerada, uno de los mejores títulos jamás lanzados para la segunda consola de Sony, mientras que Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, que llegó en su momento para PSP, nos muestra el origen de todo narrando los hechos sucedidos 10 años antes del inicio de la aventura de Sora. Por su parte, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days y Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded están disponibles en forma de cinemática, resultando una lástima en el caso de la aventura protagonizada por Roxas. Sin duda, una gran opción para cualquier fan que quiera iniciarse o recordar los comienzos de la saga. Expand
  34. Jun 23, 2019
    This collection is just perfect. All the games play amazing and im just happy that the games are more accessible
  35. Oct 21, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts II FM was by far the best of its series. From all the challenges to the Data fights they did everything right. Being disappointed by 3 I decided to replay 2 and was still highly impressed with everything this game had that 3 didn't Also the replay value for both 1 and 2 never get old. Highly recommended and my all time favorite game.
  36. Feb 14, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best crossovers I have seen in my life. I need to know who had this idea. Expand
  37. Jun 21, 2020
    Must have for series fans. I fell inlove woth KH2 back in the day and this helps you keep up with the other entroes of the franchise.

Action RPG fast paced games, based of disneyish worlds with disney characters meshed with final fantasyish characters. Lots of plot holes and incoherences but they are such well made and enjoyable games to play that you forgrt all about these flaws and get addicted to it
  38. Jun 25, 2020
    This is a great Game and definitely worth it; With this you get
    4 games
    kingdom hears 1 Final Mix
    Kingdom hearts Chain of memories
    kingdom hearts 2 Final Mix
    Kingdom hearts Birth By sleep
    2 movies (game by title that removed the gameplay)
    re:Coded
    365/2 days and all in HD

Thats a WIN
  39. Jun 26, 2020
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix is a perfect way to get into the Kingdom Hearts Franchise as it includes Kingdom Hearts I & 2, Re: Chain of Memories (Re: CoM) and Birth By Sleep (BBS) as playable games, they do have 2 movies for Nintendo DS which are 358/2 Days and Re: Coded. I can say that making the DS games at the current point as movies for this collection was a smart move and it can giveKingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix is a perfect way to get into the Kingdom Hearts Franchise as it includes Kingdom Hearts I & 2, Re: Chain of Memories (Re: CoM) and Birth By Sleep (BBS) as playable games, they do have 2 movies for Nintendo DS which are 358/2 Days and Re: Coded. I can say that making the DS games at the current point as movies for this collection was a smart move and it can give you break from gameplay as intervals but I would play the games/ movies in this order KH 1, 358/2 Days (Movie) as it unlocks some bonus cards in Re: COM, which makes Re: CoM the next game to play then it would be KH2 after KH2 it's off to BBS which is a prequel to KH1 then last Re: Coded which only has like 4 important cutscenes. Now to Judge the Story and Gameplay of each game.

Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts 1 is SImple but yet charming, Its starts you off on beach island and you play as Sora who wields a key shape sword called the Keyblade and to this day I want to know is Sora's hair gel supplier, jokes aside soon you get separated from your friends before you go to a town where you met Donald and Goofy and to me, that's where the real game starts the JRPG is fun, combat is responsive and after visiting some worlds secret bosses will be there. To get to new worlds you have to space missions with your ship which is called a Gummi Ship and some can be frustrating at times but you can make your own version of your ship if you desire

KH Re: CoM

Chain of Memories has a different combat system then KH1 you fight with cards and its more of a real-time strategy game than anything you have Sora, Donald and Goofy going through the worlds they visited in the first game through a castle due to having their memories stolen plus a brand new town that you start in KH2. But after you finish the game you unlock a new campaign with Riku, Sora's best friend from the last game, Sora you have to be careful with your cards because you can run out of them but Riku doesn't need to worry about that because he doesn't have custom card decks they are preset ones for each battle. But Re: CoM has some new mysterious characters introduced they claim to be part of an organization called Organization XII (13 if you can't read roman numerals). The Castle is called Castle Oblivion

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Movie)

358/2 Days follows a boy name Roxas in the mysterious Organization XII who can also wield the Keyblade, he is the 13th member of this organization and he makes two friends along the way. Xion (14th Member) who also can wield the Keyblade and Axel (8th Membe) who wields Flame Chakrams and you watch how their struggles of everyday life of doing missions for the organization.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Ok so this takes place after Re: CoM and 358/2 Days because those two take place at the same time, you play as Roxas in the Town called Twilight Town and its long prologue that overstays it welcome but after you play that section of the game you go back to Sora so his quest is to defeat Organization XII and find his best friend Riku that went missing, you get to visit new Disney worlds and some returning worlds too, Combat is like number 1 but improved and you have new forms that give you new abilities that keep the game very fresh, Gummi ship levels/missions are back but are more improved this time around.

Birth by Sleep (BBS)

BBS has 3 protags Ventus, Aqua and Terra this was originally on the PlayStation PSP and suffered loading times but on the PS4 60FPS and quick loading times has made me like this game a bit better now, you have to play all 3 protags campaign to unlock the last little of the campaign which is annoying tbh, you attack which slots that can be customized to your liking when you buy them at the Moogle shop and you can come up with some crazy combos. But it can get repetitive on your 3rd play through to get the end.

Re Coded (Movie)

Mickey is trying to fix Jimmy crickets journal from the first game, they use data sora to debug it the only cutscenes that matter start when it's at Castle Oblivion
  40. Jun 28, 2020
    **** hate the platform parts in KH 1, but the story and worlds are so lovely, love the characters, the fight are really fun too, love all the collectives and big worlds, really nice upgrade graphics from the originals, must play
  41. Jul 19, 2020
    this is a review of the first and second main entries

story: the games blend the worlds of disney with an original story in a perfect way, although in certain moments things can get more complicated than necessary and a little unintentional cringe. gameplay: exploration is good in the first game and almost nonexistent in the second, combat is good in both, it may not seem like it,
    this is a review of the first and second main entries

gameplay: exploration is good in the first game and almost nonexistent in the second, combat is good in both, it may not seem like it, but kingdom hearts is a great action game that can be compared to devil may cry and god of war in certain moments.

art: disney cartoons are beautiful, we can't deny that, and the game takes advantage of that. But we cannot take merits from the design of characters and original scenarios that resemble final fantasy and are very stylish

music: the compositions of this game are incredible, yoko shimomura does not skimp on the use of violins and other instruments to bring light and heavy emotions to our ears
  42. Jul 26, 2020
    As it was amazing to see the HD on the PS3, the PS4 took the game to the next level with this great 60FPS which is really make the game smooth.
  43. Aug 13, 2020
    Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG ever!
    This game has good disney based worlds, good gameplay, good dialogues, emotional story, good graphics,...
  44. Sep 26, 2020
    Great games with fun gameplay and story. :-) I recommend it to everyone who likes anime, disney or action rpg's. Especially Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of the best Action RPG's to date.
  45. Jan 3, 2019
    This collection of games is almost perfect, since in some games you can see how in some cinematics these are not very polished with respect to the backgrounds and characters until they are blurred in some cinematics, leading to think that these scenes were reused with respect to the version of ps2 and psp.
    But one of the things that this delivery solves, is a problem that I always faced in this saga, which is that you had to have enough consoles to play the complete saga. This was always a problem because I did not have these consoles and I limited myself to watching the youtube cinematics (I also managed to play all the installments of the saga, but it cost me too much work), this delivery also facilitates the entry of new players who are discovering the saga. One of the things that made me fall in love with this saga was the soundtrack and the story, some may not seem like the holy grail of video games and I agree with that, since this saga has some problems with respect to its history with respect to its complexity, but that is one of the things that make me fall in love with this saga, plus I have played every title and I have never missed any bug or programming error.
    Just think that I can play kingdom hearts 2 and birth by sleep at 60 frames per second, was the reason for me to make this delivery without a doubt a great game.
  46. Apr 4, 2017
    Bith by Sleep in HD alone is worth the score, this package is an epic travel of self discovery with enjoyable characters, music, acion based combat and traits like friendship, love andloyalty are the main theme throghrout the series, If you haven't got the chance to experiences this RPG series yet, this is your best chance, it might change your life.
  47. Jun 16, 2018
    THIS GAME IS MLGGGGGGGGGGGG
  48. Jul 17, 2017
    Very good game, but it is not saved in some aspects, starting is not the same game experience if you do not have all the voices except the English that is not the main game and the other is that although the graphic increase work is very Well worked and the experience in gameplay is very solid and the fps are very stable, it is a price scam, it is simply the weakest and fastest way to sell a game.
  49. Jun 1, 2020
    A ridiculous amount of fun in all of these games and each one requires quite a bit of playing to master. Easily the best bang for your buck around for some of the greatest games ever made, KH2FM and KH1FM are easily the best part of this collection.
  50. Apr 5, 2017
    If I am being totally honest... I adore these games. I played KH1+2 as a kid and they have that sweet nostalgia smell, but taking off the goggles for a minute leads me to a more critical view. The game as a whole was rushed and the gameplay shows that in great detail. There are a great many bugs and issues such as enemies attacking faster and utilizing special moves much more often (onlyIf I am being totally honest... I adore these games. I played KH1+2 as a kid and they have that sweet nostalgia smell, but taking off the goggles for a minute leads me to a more critical view. The game as a whole was rushed and the gameplay shows that in great detail. There are a great many bugs and issues such as enemies attacking faster and utilizing special moves much more often (only can only assume due to the push to 60fps without recoding). The main complaint may have is the save crash in KH2, but this is extremely rare and there are many more pressing issues with this series of games to analyze. Fun games, bad execution. Expand
  51. Jun 2, 2017
    First the bad:

These games are dated. Some of the anachronisms include aggrevating camera control, confusing level design with poor signposting, excessive back tracking, constant repetitive trash mobs, and harsh RNG. I'd only recommend this game to those who have a high tolerance for these things, or who are curious about early 2000s game design. As for the story, it degenerates
    First the bad:

As for the story, it degenerates into an incoherent mess, even by the standards of anime.

On the plus side, the art and music are first rate and DISNEY!
  52. Aug 4, 2017
    I'm heavily disappointed. I played this 10 years ago where all original voice actors of my country were present. Now they removed all voiceovers except for english. Why? Because there are now 1% more voiceovers in the game so **** everyone who didn't play it in english. But hey, at least we got subtitles, which they couldn't just put in the new content, noo every voiceover needs to be theI'm heavily disappointed. I played this 10 years ago where all original voice actors of my country were present. Now they removed all voiceovers except for english. Why? Because there are now 1% more voiceovers in the game so **** everyone who didn't play it in english. But hey, at least we got subtitles, which they couldn't just put in the new content, noo every voiceover needs to be the same language, so remove the other 99% from the game. After FF15 the next big disappointment - Big thanks Square Enix! Expand
  53. Mar 28, 2017
    I liked first KH on PS2 but come on - 1,5; 2,5; 2,8??? WTF!!! So if I play this compilation ill be up to date or not? What a load of horse crap, worst marketing ever.
  54. Apr 9, 2017
    I think the nostalgia goggle are on hard here. On both teams.
    I never played it past a short distance, but the first is extremely dated and obtusely confusing with, sometimes, zero guidance as to what must be done.
    The camera is a nightmare too. You can call it hard if you like... There's more elegant ways to make a game hard. You should never be confused as to what you have to do.
    I think the nostalgia goggle are on hard here. On both teams.
    The camera is a nightmare too.
    You should never be confused as to what you have to do. That's just dull.
  55. Nel
    Aug 7, 2017
    There is a lot of content, and if you are a KIngdom hearts fan you are going to love this game. It has all the previous games, and is clearly an add for the upcoming KH 3 game.
  56. Dec 28, 2018
    Ya estoy al día con todos los juegos de PS2 de Kingdom Hearts, el primero, Re:Chain of Memories (juego balurdo) y el segundo y quizás el mejor.

Pero hay cosas que el 2 quita que el primero hacia bien, y es cierto lo que dicen, el sistema de combate del 2 es una maravilla, ese nivel final es espectacular, pero el juego es muy lineal, cosa que no hacia el primero ya que invitaba más al jugador a explorar mucho más los mundos con el tema de los cofres, haciendo que se sienta más como un RPG que un juego con un montón de cinemáticas y quick-time events donde solo se presiona triangulo.

Con cuestión a la historia, pues si, es bonita, me gusto la frase que hay algo que no podrá tener nunca el protagonista, y es tenerlo a el como amigo o la promesa que volverán a verse ante el largo viaje, pero la mayoría parte tiempo es como todos dicen, es un fan fic y de los flojos (y lo de copiar y pegar la misma trama de las peliculas de Disney ya todos sabemos que es un descaro), y por lo que veo con el 3, no va a mejorar.

De los spin-offs solo me jugare el Birth by Sleep y Drop Distance, son los que veo más divertidos y los que no tienen tantas cinemáticas, pero no estoy ansioso de jugármelos ahorita.
  57. Nov 17, 2019
    Annoying game play, not many save points and if playing on hard it gets infuriating having to keep playing the same boses over and over. Save yourself the money and get KH3, mulch better game play,
  58. Feb 12, 2020
    I'm new to the series of Kingdom Hearts and playing this game is not a good start. The game play is annoying! I have played all Souls game, Bloodborne and Sekiro and have platinum a couple of them but man this game makes the souls series like babies. I have to retry playing the boss so many times. Since this game is a dated version from the old one, do not forget to save. This game doesI'm new to the series of Kingdom Hearts and playing this game is not a good start. The game play is annoying! I have played all Souls game, Bloodborne and Sekiro and have platinum a couple of them but man this game makes the souls series like babies. I have to retry playing the boss so many times. Since this game is a dated version from the old one, do not forget to save. This game does not auto-save. Expand
  59. Feb 14, 2018
    A great introduction to the series. The graphics and voice acting were amazing. The story is good, but the games are a little slow to start. The gameplay needs work though, it glitched a couple times. It also needs to tell you what to do more often as I had trouble figuring out where to go at times. It is fun overall pretty fun, and I enjoyed it mostly.
  60. Feb 6, 2019
    I love this game! It reminds me of my childhood... this game relaxes me and makes me feel great! The game mechanics are great, the music is great, the characters are great too... This REMIX Collection is the best way to experience the saga. Why? Because in PS4/PS4 Pro, this game runs at 4K or 1080P/60FPS and feels really smooth!
  61. Nov 21, 2020
    For fans looking to revisit the series on their current-gen console or a potential newcomer to the series, this is the ultimate compilation. Being able to revisit two of my favourites in the series, KH 2 Final Mix and KH1 Final Mix on my PS4, reminds me why I fell in love with the series.
  62. Nov 22, 2020
    The series as a whole is like no other. From the weapons to the characters... from the story to the gameplay... nothing beats this game. Buy this game knowing you will have an amazing time playing it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. May 12, 2017
    Despite the uneven quality of its contents, there’s no denying the sheer value present in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix. It’s the Greatest Hits Collection of Kingdom Hearts, and anyone curious about the series or looking to refresh their memory ahead of the new stuff should pick it up.
  2. May 5, 2017
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is the definitive collection of 4 classic JRPGs. The story might be the weapon to surpass Metal Gear in terms of convoluted storylines, but its cast of endearing and human characters more than makes up for this.
  3. Apr 25, 2017
    As a whole, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is an essential purchase for series fans and newcomers, and represents great value. There may be odd technical issues here and there, and in some parts the gameplay may feel a little dated, but the overall package is as compelling as its first release all those years ago.