User Score
8.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 552 Ratings

User score distribution:
  1. Negative: 40 out of 552
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Apr 5, 2017
    4
    If I am being totally honest... I adore these games. I played KH1+2 as a kid and they have that sweet nostalgia smell, but taking off the goggles for a minute leads me to a more critical view. The game as a whole was rushed and the gameplay shows that in great detail. There are a great many bugs and issues such as enemies attacking faster and utilizing special moves much more often (onlyIf I am being totally honest... I adore these games. I played KH1+2 as a kid and they have that sweet nostalgia smell, but taking off the goggles for a minute leads me to a more critical view. The game as a whole was rushed and the gameplay shows that in great detail. There are a great many bugs and issues such as enemies attacking faster and utilizing special moves much more often (only can only assume due to the push to 60fps without recoding). The main complaint may have is the save crash in KH2, but this is extremely rare and there are many more pressing issues with this series of games to analyze. Fun games, bad execution. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2017
    4
    I'm heavily disappointed. I played this 10 years ago where all original voice actors of my country were present. Now they removed all voiceovers except for english. Why? Because there are now 1% more voiceovers in the game so **** everyone who didn't play it in english. But hey, at least we got subtitles, which they couldn't just put in the new content, noo every voiceover needs to be theI'm heavily disappointed. I played this 10 years ago where all original voice actors of my country were present. Now they removed all voiceovers except for english. Why? Because there are now 1% more voiceovers in the game so **** everyone who didn't play it in english. But hey, at least we got subtitles, which they couldn't just put in the new content, noo every voiceover needs to be the same language, so remove the other 99% from the game. After FF15 the next big disappointment - Big thanks Square Enix! Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2019
    3
    Annoying game play, not many save points and if playing on hard it gets infuriating having to keep playing the same boses over and over. Save yourself the money and get KH3, mulch better game play,
  4. Feb 12, 2020
    4
    I'm new to the series of Kingdom Hearts and playing this game is not a good start. The game play is annoying! I have played all Souls game, Bloodborne and Sekiro and have platinum a couple of them but man this game makes the souls series like babies. I have to retry playing the boss so many times. Since this game is a dated version from the old one, do not forget to save. This game doesI'm new to the series of Kingdom Hearts and playing this game is not a good start. The game play is annoying! I have played all Souls game, Bloodborne and Sekiro and have platinum a couple of them but man this game makes the souls series like babies. I have to retry playing the boss so many times. Since this game is a dated version from the old one, do not forget to save. This game does not auto-save. Expand
Metascore
84

Generally favorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 34 out of 35
  2. Negative: 0 out of 35
  1. May 12, 2017
    80
    Despite the uneven quality of its contents, there’s no denying the sheer value present in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix. It’s the Greatest Hits Collection of Kingdom Hearts, and anyone curious about the series or looking to refresh their memory ahead of the new stuff should pick it up.
  2. May 5, 2017
    85
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is the definitive collection of 4 classic JRPGs. The story might be the weapon to surpass Metal Gear in terms of convoluted storylines, but its cast of endearing and human characters more than makes up for this.
  3. Apr 25, 2017
    90
    As a whole, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is an essential purchase for series fans and newcomers, and represents great value. There may be odd technical issues here and there, and in some parts the gameplay may feel a little dated, but the overall package is as compelling as its first release all those years ago.