- Publisher: 1C Entertainment , 1C-Entertainment , Prime Matter
- Release Date: Aug 24, 2021
- Also On: PC, Switch, Xbox One
- Summary: Offering a fresh take on the fantasy series, King’s Bounty 2 expands upon its tactical turn-based battles to offer players a truly immersive RPG experience that adds weight to their every decision, whether leading an army into battle against unliving horrors, or building relations with localOffering a fresh take on the fantasy series, King’s Bounty 2 expands upon its tactical turn-based battles to offer players a truly immersive RPG experience that adds weight to their every decision, whether leading an army into battle against unliving horrors, or building relations with local townsfolk. Experience a rich world that blends realism and fantasy, filled with compelling stories, memorable characters and moral choices aplenty. Taking on the mantle of one of three heroes – each with their own unique story – players embark on a non-linear, open-world adventure across a detailed and densely-packed fantasy landscape. Split into two distinct phases, players traverse the realm from a third-person perspective, picking up quests, exploring the wilderness, and getting to know the people they meet. When conflict arises, however, the perspective shifts to tactical, turn-based combat. Players must then make smart use of their units as they fight to win. Set in the vast realms of Antara, a great danger has arisen. A mysterious blight has descended upon its furthest reaches, corrupting the land and all who live there. Refugees from the affected regions have begun arriving in the kingdom of Nostria, putting food and resources in short supply. Once living souls, blight-distorted creatures now roam the countryside leaving chaos and destruction in their wake. The land itself fights for survival, giving your decisions greater weight than ever before. How will you forge Antara’s future?… Expand
- Developer: 1C Entertainment, 1C-Entertainment
- Genre(s): Strategy, Turn-Based, Tactics
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
King's Bounty II Gameplay Trailer | Koch Media Primetime 2021
Positive: 1 out of 11
Mixed: 9 out of 11
Negative: 1 out of 11
Aug 23, 2021Though King's Bounty II's presentation is certainly crumbly in ways that would only be endearing to folks partial to PS3 level jank, there still remains a compelling RPG and turn based strategy hybrid here. Bolstered by non-linear storytelling, deceptively deep world building and the sort of accessible strategy that embraces genre newcomers and stalwarts alike, King's Bounty II is a deeply appealing effort that does ample justice to its namesake.
Sep 19, 2021Yes, the quests and the story are not crazy. Yes, the technique of the game is outdated. Yes, getting around is boring and the interface painful. But you have fun creating your army, choosing among all the possibilities the best possible combination. We take pleasure in browsing this skilfully constructed universe. And we get excited as we face the challenges of the tough battles ahead. Despite its flaws, the game manages to glue the player and make them want to load up their game. You should not shy away from your pleasure.
Nov 17, 2021King’s Bounty II is far from perfect, but this new game from 1C Entertainment can still engross you for many hours. And yet, if you were waiting for a true sequel of original King’s Bounty by Katauri Interactive, you'll probably be quite disappointed.
Aug 27, 2021With a bit more time and budget, King’s Bounty II could have been one of the pinnacles of the fantasy medieval genre. The turn-based combat is deep, rewarding and challenging (though sometimes unfairly balanced), while the world of Nostria is artistically interesting and well-realised. If only the developers had been afforded the time and money to actually get the title running properly to overcome all the technical problems. The story is lacklustre with shamefully bad dialogue and voice acting, with everything other than the core combat system feeling under-developed and lacking the quality of life elements that have become the norm. King’s Bounty II ends up a decent prize, but a rather hollow haul of treasure that had so much more potential – a bounty more fit for a nobleman than a king.
PLAYSep 20, 2021Battles present a good amount of challenge from the off, too. You constantly have to weigh up which troops to recruit and swap in depending on the enemy you face. Sadly, while both the combat and character work are decent, the PS4 version of the game struggles with framerate at almost every camera turn – to the point that it never stops being a distraction. King’s Bounty II simply lacks much of the visual flair and polish we’ve come to expect from modern high-fantasy epics. [Issue#6, p.88]
Aug 31, 2021King's Bounty 2 offers up a large campaign full of deep, tactical battles and plenty of lore but is hamstrung by ropey presentation, sluggish controls, slow exploration and poorly-explained combat systems.
Sep 3, 2021King's Bounty 2 had the potential to be something special in the tactical RPG genre but ultimately falls flat. It's especially disappointing because the idea of combining third-person exploration with hex-based strategic combat isn't incredibly common, and it's clear there was an excellent idea buried in the game somewhere for what the world of Nostria could've been. Unfortunately, that vision didn't quite pan out, leaving King's Bounty 2 a bland, dull slog instead of a deep fantasy.
Positive: 5 out of 10
Mixed: 3 out of 10
Negative: 2 out of 10
Sep 2, 2021This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good game !! Very addictive and enjoyable. Full RPG experience with awesome Tactical combat. Lots of units and once you learn a bit how to properly use your hero and units combat is much easier than some criticism from others reviews can imagine. Definitely A must have for anyone looking for a great RPG and a good game. Not even 1 bug so far... That alone is admirable.… Expand
Apr 25, 2023I love strategy games that are turn based, this is good. I love how much you cam build you character and min max
Sep 30, 2021I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten gamesI don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere within the game, while some will love it for the same reason.… Expand
Nov 11, 2021A very interesting RPG, with a somewhat unique combat system, yet has a few flaws that really keeps the game from being a hidden gem. IA very interesting RPG, with a somewhat unique combat system, yet has a few flaws that really keeps the game from being a hidden gem. I haven't played any other King's bounty games before so I don't really know what it used to be like. I've read some aren't happy with those changes. But I'll explain what this game does right, and where it really needed some fixes.
- Classic medieval setting with knights, mages, and more.
- A lot of different units that you can purchase and add, but wisely controlled through a leadership system where you have to have enough points in order to have several of an unit, and overall limits of how much you can have of an unit. I felt like this was well balanced and didn't make it feel like you were overpowered at any moment.
- Speaking of the units, they fall under different Ideals, (power, finesse, order, and anarchy), which adds even more balancing as you get bonuses if you keep units of the same ideal, and negatives if you mix the ideals to the point where you can high have a high % chance of the unit's turn being skipped. It's kind of like a chemistry/relationship meter. You can reduce these negatives through scrolls or adding points to the order tree. As for the unit variety, I feel like it passes, you have golems, knights, mages, bandits, undead, and even dragons!
- I like being able to cast spells as it adds additional gameplay to the battles, and the amount of battles are just right. Too many battles would be annoying because some of these battles can take around 10minutes.
- The abilities that the units and your character has are well done
-The voice acting is really hit or miss, like the main characters have good voice actors, but when you get to like side characters or just random villagers, some of the voices do not fit the characters at all. Probably due to budget limitations or something.
- Dialogue is also somewhat odd, like sometimes in a few conversations when your character is talking to another character they like repeat the same sentences, then gets asked a question, and repeats the same thing again. Happened a few times where I think this was more of an oversight.
- Somewhat linear and I ran into a few issues with the horse being called on and you get stuck, or the horse gets stuck. The character doesn't run, it's more like a job, and the horse goes really slow in the main locations... which is annoying because you're going to have to go to these locations a lot.
-The ending: no spoilers, but it basically after you win against the final enemy, you get an ambiguous or vague meaning, where it's unfinished!!! You get a pop up screen that says go finish sidequests or wait for something, meaning DLC... That's somewhat disappointed as outside of some dialogue that you hear, it's unclear what happened or what else is supposed to be done.
Overall, it's at least a 40hrs of gameplay, and if you can handle some of the flaws that the game has, it's well worth it. I do recommend that you try to wait for the game to go on sale, I got the game like 33% off.
final score: 7/10, good game overall.… Expand
Aug 30, 2021Графика уровня ps3, не подумайте, что это прям важный критерий, но когда модели персонажей в 2021 неестественно передвигаются или почти всёГрафика уровня ps3, не подумайте, что это прям важный критерий, но когда модели персонажей в 2021 неестественно передвигаются или почти всё время статичны, то смотреть на это больно. Много недочетов в плане геймплея, которые можно было бы избежать дав поиграть тестировщикам. Вообше игра бы выглядила, как шедевр выйдя в каком-нибудь 2010-ом. Но игнорирования современных технологий и каких-то банальных вещей, которые даже новички индустрии знают, тут проигнорировали. К примеру, здесь нельзя сделать сравнения экипировки или сделать рестарт битвы. То есть загрузка будет ваш лучший друг , а про скорость передвижения в игре можно делать отдельный отзыв. Не смотря на это игра всё равно получилась какой-то душевной, чувствуется какая-то ламповость. Если убрать некоторые недочёты, то игра может приблизиться и к хорошей оценке, а пока 6 это реальная оценка игры. + 1 балл за атмосферу.… Expand
Nov 2, 2021I got a epileptic seizure from playing this game and this never happened before with other games the more I played the worse the visuals getI got a epileptic seizure from playing this game and this never happened before with other games the more I played the worse the visuals get it started normal but you can see screen tearing and the game starts flashing (btw I played 40 hours and got 4 seizures) they need to fix the visuals otherwise it's a decent game.… Expand
Mar 24, 2023- Нет РПГ состовляющей, т е выбора диалогов.
- нет возможности решить квест золотом или манай - очень много бегатни
- телепорт, портаться на- Нет РПГ состовляющей, т е выбора диалогов.
- нет возможности решить квест золотом или манай - очень много бегатни
- телепорт, портаться на телепорты, я должен с любого места, а не с другого телепорта
- слишком много квестов, причем все они пресные, не запоминающиеся
- неудобно на поле боя, камера, нужно было делать двухмерную карту боя
Из плюсов, только рус озвучка… Expand