8.2

1. Mar 13, 2019
    This game was an amazing experience.
    The first 2/3 chapters start more slowly to give a lot of information about tutorials and the game world.
    But when you begin to settle into the atmosphere of the plot the game captures you and always intrigues you more and more. From my point of view, if a game manages to capture me thanks to its narrative compartment in an adventure like this, even
    This game was an amazing experience.
    From my point of view, if a game manages to capture me thanks to its narrative compartment in an adventure like this, even with its high value of challenge that brought me enormous satisfaction in the strategies that I have carried out with success, sometimes saving even some people, then the game is saved.

And thanks to these qualities, that represent the only reason why I still play video games, I can say with certainty that Left Alive is a good game at the end.
  2. Mar 17, 2019
    There isn't much to say. If you go beyond its technical issues, you'll find a hidden gem. Interesting story, unique setting, unique game design. If you believe in it, a sequel with a decent budget will blow our minds.
    And what's better to give love to the Front Mission series to make it come back?

As a gamer and indie developer, I would like to drop some feedback if the developers of the game would ever see this comment.
    If you are going to patch something, I suggest you to:
    - low enemies accuracy and increment it whenever they keep shooting around the same spot.
    - add a behavior to the enemies that forces them to change direction to the nearest path marker if they are moving but their position(X,Y,Z) doesn't change, for example when they are walking against a wall or another soldier.
    - fix the crouch walking arms animations of the protagonists.
    - low the visibility a little more when the character is in the dark(shadows, night time), an augment it when is under a light(lights)
    - Put a different fight ost for each character(so 2 more, excluding the original one).
    - low visibility a little more when the character is crouching against a wall, obviously it should work just for the side of the hitbox of the character that is touching the object.

Edit:
    Another 2 points
    - Koska should warn of the enemy proximity just when they are in a suspicious mode(we already have the red markers to guess what is around the corner.
    - Enemies should react quicker to go in suspicious mode.

I gave 9 as a vote, something that I rarely do. In this case, while the game is an 8, I wanted to give a +1 for the originality.

Good luck guys
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    If I had to describe Left Alive in a few words I would say this.
    TPS strategic, complex, and extremely difficult
    The game has clear genius in the plot and gameplay. But what holds him back is undoubtedly the technical side of the work performed with models and textures. If you go over these technical and animation aspects, the game is very addictive. And it succeeds admirably in
    If I had to describe Left Alive in a few words I would say this.
    TPS strategic, complex, and extremely difficult
    The game has clear genius in the plot and gameplay.
    And it succeeds admirably in trying to tell a good story.
  4. Mar 25, 2019
    Estou entusiasmado com esta breve mas intensa experiência.
    Realmente clássico de seu tipo.
    Já faz tantos anos que fiquei tão animada com um jogo.
  5. Apr 13, 2019
    A truly charismatic and impressive game.
    He manages to have qualities in gameplay, and in story, truly memorable and beautiful.
    It is a type of game that must be discovered little by little.
    And anyone who dedicates his time to the game will find he has a great game in his hands.
  6. Mar 8, 2019
    There are a few games that do what others do an then do better versions of them. And then you score it because you said "Hey, this game plays better than that other game." so you rate if you like it better or if it seems to play better. Then there's games that take some elements from an borrow a few others and hope to bowl thinking it counts as a bowling ball. Division did that by notThere are a few games that do what others do an then do better versions of them. And then you score it because you said "Hey, this game plays better than that other game." so you rate if you like it better or if it seems to play better. Then there's games that take some elements from an borrow a few others and hope to bowl thinking it counts as a bowling ball. Division did that by not being the usual one bullet takes you own type of game, and many shooters hated it. But, others who didn't mind the typical shooter picked it up and it found it's crowd. This game is trying something I haven't seen in a long time and honestly... have very much missed. There are so many games that say stealth is an option and true it can be, but more times than a few and not that there's nothing wrong with it, but in games like Metal Gear 5 if I felt trapped I could usually blast my way out with a smile of success. This game forces you to do stealth giving you limited options and if you play too loose you can get certain optional quests cancelled entirely. I learned that when I was trying to rescue some survivors optionally but, due to a lack of stealth I got one of them killed even though I survived so I restarted a chapter to do better. You don't feel invincible in this game. Finishing a whole chapter to a point where you can feel like you finally did something right enough to carry on is tiring and I love it. At times being successful in this game makes you feel like a loser but, that's war and life at times.I will give this game 10 because I had fun with the game and still do and in the end I felt like Rocky from Rocky 1. In the sense that even though I didn't win in certain chapters, the moment I felt playing to the moment it was finally over I wanted more and it felt good. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2019
    Huge fan of the Front Mission series and this title makes excellent use of the extensive history and background of those games. Branching storylines with multiple characters and a deeply challenging difficulty curve.

The game really plays on the asymmetry between the player and their opponents, this makes it a very different challenge than most third person action titles, where engagements have to be addressed tactically and mistakes are punished mercilessly.

While I didn't always like the characters, I was always interested in how their stories would progress and when I made bad choices the consequences were often painful. The graphics are adequate and the designs are pretty much perfect. But the sound track needs special mention as it really helped with the atmosphere. However, the nagging personal assistant became very irritating, especially when trying to sneak past multiple enemies.
  8. Mar 8, 2019
    Excellent plot.
    Good gameplay.
    Single player.
    Survival.
    With an excellent OST.
    In practice, all the excellent qualities that I prefer in my kind of favorite games.
    Great game.
  9. Mar 8, 2019
    One of the most impressive games of this generation.
    A surprising and unexpected revelation that represents at the same time the highest essence of the survival experience.
    A challenging and incredibly difficult game that tests the organizational ability of the missions to save the protagonists, and to save the civilians. All accompanied by a masterful soundtrack. My advice for the
    One of the most impressive games of this generation.
    All accompanied by a masterful soundtrack.
    My advice for the players of the world, especially the fans of the survival genre, is to play this game from beginning to end.

You will fall in love with the characters and the story of the game.

Discovering a real gem of this kind.
  10. Mar 5, 2019
    Have you ever truly enjoyed an excellent B movie? If your answer is yes then this game is right up your alley.

This is an icon of charm. Outdated graphics, hilarious animation, clunky controls, over the top dialogs — all the problems which Left Alive has, are overwhelmed by its bizarrely fascinating and naive beauty. Some might say that this game is so bad is good and they are right

Some might say that this game is so bad is good and they are right to some extent but don't forget that the main goal of any game is to be engaging and this one is definitely has everything to keep you interested and somewhat emersed.

In the current generation, there is nothing in between AAA titles and indie projects. Finally, this niche has been filled. Don't be influenced by the overwhelmingly negative reviews, give yourself a chance to enjoy a B-list masterpiece. Left Alive as a hidden gem that might turn into a cult classic after a decade.
  11. Aug 27, 2019
  12. Mar 17, 2019
    Great story, great OST, great gameplay, great game.

He can easily compete with the best games of his own genre.
    Really great on many fronts.
  13. Mar 5, 2019
    I just cant believe it i paid 54€ for this... This gameplay mechanics are horrible. Stealth game without takedown and silence moves. The movements are horrible... Square Enix paid more for the concept art than the proper game. Shame.
  14. Mar 5, 2019
    Love the Front Mission games but men this game was a mistake. It a horrible Stealth game tying to be MGS but can't. I hope they make up for this by making a new front mission game but knowing Square Enix this game Series dead.
  15. Mar 5, 2019
    Une vrai catastrophe. Si sur le papier cela avait l'air séduisant, trés grosse douche froide à l'arrivé. Jeu buggé avec les plus beau graphisme made in 2007. Pour 60€ , c'est presque une arnaque. Gros , trés gros regret de l'avoir acheter. A évité... Le seul point "sympatique". L'histoire mais le jeux au niveau du gameplay tue l'envie de continuer l'aventure.
  16. Mar 5, 2019
    Um grande jogo da Square Enix, revive primórdios da série Metal Gear em um universo único e rico, trazendo características como sua OST uma das melhores na qual já ouvi.
  17. Mar 16, 2019
    A remarkable experience from the beginning to the end.
    This game is able to leave you with a sense of high satisfaction.
    Which happens to me only with the most difficult challenges. As with the most complex bosses in the Dark Souls saga. The plot is good, and the soundtrack turns out to be really impressive in some situations. Beautiful, fulfilling, it is with excellent ideas for a
    A remarkable experience from the beginning to the end.
    This game is able to leave you with a sense of high satisfaction.
    Beautiful, fulfilling, it is with excellent ideas for a large narrative story.
    I feel fortunate to have played today in a game that contains, in such a complex way, those characteristics that make it one of the undervalued masterpieces of this generation.
  18. Mar 5, 2019
    Without a doubt a great game with a great design of characters the best music that I have heard metal gear style has many elements of metal gear of the nier and style the division is not a bad game as some say. is a very good game has many moments of stealth and action the wicks on a pass. the game in obsolute is linear. You can take a road or another where you like or want easy or moreWithout a doubt a great game with a great design of characters the best music that I have heard metal gear style has many elements of metal gear of the nier and style the division is not a bad game as some say. is a very good game has many moments of stealth and action the wicks on a pass. the game in obsolute is linear. You can take a road or another where you like or want easy or more dicifil depends. If you want and go to the difficult without infriltarte then you will have a lot of action the game or if you go the other way distonto is more ilfriltacion style metal gear. Also the story depends on the decisions you make if you save people or not. We decided on the main characters the same a great deal of decisions. I have it and I am very happy with this game and I do not regret your purchase. that the graphics in a game are not everything in play has a very good story and engages and fun that that is what matters and is not repetitive in anything. € 59 in expensive? . not for me. because this game is worth it and as I said I do not regret having bought it soon will take update as step in all games on the day of its departure may have failures like everything but for that are the updates. and without payment dlcs that great
    OST has this game of the best I've heard.
  19. Mar 5, 2019
    Is this a game from 2008? Again a low budget Square Enix game for 55 $. I hope that you will learn from your mistakes.

And one more thing: stop selling 'Game of the Yorha Edition' und 'Royal Edition' that are only Day one Discs with some code and not even some updates or DLCs on the disc. This is poor!
  20. Mar 5, 2019
    Very interesting game.
    With excellent potential.
    It has a truly remarkable, inspired and engaging OST. And the story has really unique characteristics and, in some cases, even epic. With some brilliant ideas that reminded me of other great games, like Nier Automata and Metal Gear Solid 1 and MGS3 Snake Eaater. My advice is, give it a chance. If you are interested in a
    Very interesting game.
    With excellent potential.

It has a truly remarkable, inspired and engaging OST.

And the story has really unique characteristics and, in some cases, even epic.

My advice is, give it a chance.
    If you are interested in a geo-political military history in a future with the Wanzer match, it is excellent.
    [if instead one was looking for only the graphics and animations in an AA game like this, which is a medium-budget game, then he should look elsewhere]
  21. Mar 8, 2019
    Square Enix has a long history of experimentation. with all its games Left Alive is a very good game and with a very good difficulty story characters that seem to be taken out of metal gear. But they are not but many important people in the game have intervened in that game if it is not a triple AAA game As we are used to with this great company, it is a stealth / survival action game setSquare Enix has a long history of experimentation. with all its games Left Alive is a very good game and with a very good difficulty story characters that seem to be taken out of metal gear. But they are not but many important people in the game have intervened in that game if it is not a triple AAA game As we are used to with this great company, it is a stealth / survival action game set in the Front Mission universe that is pretty cool. It is a stealthy game. Of course this is not a metal gear but it is very similar to the one you can attack melee. with bars you can make decisions and I like that in the game because it is not linear, so I am playing, I like it a lot. I do not know why some websites throw so much garbage in this game. If the graphics is not your strong point, it is not a bad game, much less. Awesome design work from Shinkawa Expand
  22. May 31, 2019
    I am extremely surprised by the super low metascore and also by the unreasonably high user score of this game . I mean the game has some potential and some interesting elements if was not for some of its obvious issues it could really be a good game in many ways . Now on the other hand the game has some really bad graphics for a 2019 game which is not even indie considering that it isI am extremely surprised by the super low metascore and also by the unreasonably high user score of this game . I mean the game has some potential and some interesting elements if was not for some of its obvious issues it could really be a good game in many ways . Now on the other hand the game has some really bad graphics for a 2019 game which is not even indie considering that it is published by square enix which is simply unacceptable . Also the game is plagued by some really clanky controls and a quite mediocre shooting system so i just cant believe that 1336 people here havent noticed those problems Expand
  23. Mar 22, 2019
    Yes, I know when you look at the game wallpaper, you'll soon think of the Metal Gear series. And there's a good reason for that. Yoji Shinkawa, who was present at Kojima Productions and worked on Metal Gear, is one of Left Alive's artists. Shinji Hashimoto who produced the Front Mission series, is also present in the production of this Square Enix game. What can i say, this Left Alive is aYes, I know when you look at the game wallpaper, you'll soon think of the Metal Gear series. And there's a good reason for that. Yoji Shinkawa, who was present at Kojima Productions and worked on Metal Gear, is one of Left Alive's artists. Shinji Hashimoto who produced the Front Mission series, is also present in the production of this Square Enix game. What can i say, this Left Alive is a mixture of elements from Metal Gear, Front Mission and Armored Core.

Mikhail, Olga and Leonid are the three main protagonists of this adventure, and are involved in a war in Novo Slava. During the cutscenes of the story mode, we can make several choices that can lead us to various ends. Although it isn't a masterpiece like the Hideo Kojima games, i generally liked the Left Alive campaign.

However, the game creates very poor first impressions thanks to the very weak visuals and textures that needed to be washed, making me feel sometimes that I was playing a PS3 game. I understand that the low budget has not given more, but it is a negative point. As Left Alive's gameplay has the DNA of Metal Gear Solid, in most cases we have to sneak around and try to pass through the beards of our enemies, always with attention to alternative ways. It is a case to say that we will fight against the odds. Initially it is complicated due to the fact that we are punished in terms of weapons to shoot down this or that enemy that is obstructing our way. But be aware that ammunition is limited and it is sensible to use them only when necessary. At the arsenal level, there are Pistols, Submachine guns, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Machine Guns, Sniper Rifles, and many other weapons and tools typical of these games. Although, this being a Stealth game, it is not clear why there are no weapons with silencers. In terms of target control, I have no reason to complain.

In addition, as we collect resources such as Cans, Bottles, Explosives and Vodka, these can be used to make Molotov cocktails, Explosive Cans and traps. It's a point in favor about the gameplay of this Left Alive. But it's just one point in favor, because the problems are not long in coming. The gameplay itself is limited, not going to lay or crawling, and as if that were not enough, the controls are hard and slow, which doesn't help when we are trying to get out of a high alert situation. I've often seen the Game Over screen on that. It is as if the production team had gone to seek inspiration from Metal Gear, without actually ever playing a Metal Gear.

I feel that the detection of our enemies needed to be reviewed and corrected, since it was sometimes too easy to be detected even without light. For example, in the case of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, if the enemy suspects something, that enemy goes to that location to see their suspicions. Yes, this also happens in Left Alive, but it's rare. Most of the time, what happens here is that even trying to pass the enemies to the side and with care, was enough to be discovered and studded with shots. A second or two under these sights is more than enough to get on high alert.

During the campaign mode missions, we can rescue civilians from the claws of our enemies and take them directly to the safety of a shelter. In some cases, these civilians have a predefined path to their destination. We have to be careful when we send civilians to walk the way, because they can face the enemy and carry lead to death. Which means that we have to "clear" the way, so that these civilians have free path. There is, however, one point to ask about the saves system. If the user saved a civilian, the game doesn't autosave. By this I mean if the user loses his life, he will have to do the same task again. I also found something that i didn't like about not having autosave when we defeated a certain boss. Which isn't good at all, especially in this game.

You may have wondered why you said that Left Alive had links to the Armored Core and Front Mission. Well, with the passage of time, we will have the possibility to control Wanzers, giant machines. As you would expect, when we entered the cockpit of a Wanzer, we entered high alert immediately. And not surprisingly, the Wanzers have a powerful arsenal at their disposal. However, the controls suffer from the same problem as when we are out of it. Stiffness and slowness are more than sufficient reasons to be immense times beaten by enemies, resulting in pure frustration. And without forgetting the small bumps in the framerate and the "fight against the odds".

As for the soundtrack, although it isn't excellent, it is good and suits well to the style of play and the present situations. That said, having a soundtrack competent, a good story and the possibility of crafting, doesn't make Left Alive a good game, due to the immense problems it has in terms of gameplay. It's a case to say that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has yet to find any rival to its height.
  24. Mar 13, 2019
    Left Alive has so much promise to be at least decent. Let's go for the positives

The art style looks fantastic as it from the same artist who the works of Metal Gear Solid Franchise which was so great to see. The world is filled with so much interesting thing like with giant mechs and taking place at this dystopia world in Russia. The graphics here you look really good and I have no problems with it. The voice actors/actress is meh but I could tell that they put in a lot of effort

The things I hate about it is that it's copying Metal Gear Solid entirely. From the graphics, character design, mechs, art styles, gameplay, and even the story. The script that the voice actors were given were garbage, cartoonish and not at all talking itself seriously.

In fact, I had people who think that this a spin-off series to the MGS franchise which I wouldn't disagree with. Honestly, Left Alive had so much promise but all it did it just sink down even further.
    Would not buy it if I was you. Just go back and actually MGS series. They are literally pieces of art
  25. Dec 25, 2019
    Someone has written nearly every positive review for this game. so many of the reviews are all the same person, and all the reviews have only ever reviewed this 1 game. suspicious.
  26. Dec 23, 2019
    Left Alive?

It probably shouldn't have been. It's a completely and utterly inept game.
  27. Jan 17, 2020
    It SUCKS........................................................... .........
  28. Jul 5, 2020
    Está roto, muchas coberturas fallan, la IA es muy básica, encabrona mucho que falle POR UN BUG en determinadas ocasiones y en momentos críticos las coberturas o las eliminaciones con sigilo FALLAN POR BUG DEL JUEGO. Después de 3 horas soportando errores groseros de programación, lo dejé, me rendí con el, es demasiado azaroso y falla en momentos donde duele mucho.
  29. Jun 22, 2020
    Игра полное го_но, я не могу понять почему она не вышла на xbox 360, мгс 5 вышел, там графика на таком же уровне как и здесь, на xbox 360 прорисовиается многокилометрвая Африканская пустыня или Афганистан с огромным количеством мелких деталей и неплохой погодой, лефт алайв линейная с прямими коридорами и городми, открытой местности или бродилки почти нет,, здесь же абсолютно большая частьИгра полное го_но, я не могу понять почему она не вышла на xbox 360, мгс 5 вышел, там графика на таком же уровне как и здесь, на xbox 360 прорисовиается многокилометрвая Африканская пустыня или Афганистан с огромным количеством мелких деталей и неплохой погодой, лефт алайв линейная с прямими коридорами и городми, открытой местности или бродилки почти нет,, здесь же абсолютно большая часть игры в каком непонятном еб_чем тумане дальше 20 метров ничего не видно все размывается игра комнатная, открытых площадей и пейзажей почти нет, если в мгс 5 при появлении Сахелантропа игра стабильно работает то здесь при появлении хоть 1 робота игра по черному подглючивает, игра вообще ужасно оптимизирована как на пс4, ии нереально тупой постоянно смотрит в стены или в угол так что бы можно было убить тихо, тупо. враги тупые болваничики ходят по скриптам якобы патрулируют територию и валяться в скрытную, но с_ка в бою очень точно стреляет бежит напролом нескончяемими толпами в цепочку без какой либо тактики, не окружают или кто то поддерживает стрельбой в кришы, в мгс 5 на более слабом xbox-е враги предпринимали тактику- Снейк засел в сарае, значит здание надо окружить со всех сторон, закидать гранатами и подождать пока подойдет тяжелый латник а за ним все акуратненько по цепочке идут, если в мгс5 захотел стать Командо то без проблем можно рашить ведь патронов в избитке всегда, здесь же патроны в жутком дефиците , как бы не играл патронов мало, стать Командо можно при условии что весь уровень ходил скрытно економил патроны а под конец раслабляешся
    Управление валкер гиром в мгс5 одно наслаждение, его звуки, как бежит, искры от торможения, стрельба и другое, а Сахелантроп топовый он на реалистично и устрашающее смотрится на фоне лефта, в лефт алайве во время управления роботом пс4 настолько страшно подглючивают я думал что игра крашнется, при этом управление неудобное и не сам робот не чувствуется, будто игра про роботов 90-их, анимация глючная, когда подходит 2 в упор то робот скользит в сторону будто на льду катается, создатели хотели скопировать оружие роботов из лост планет, не получилось
    Ходьба героини не чувствуется, она ходит криво как робот, изображение по черному размивается при повороте камеры на xbox-е картинка идет стабильнее
    Все отрицательные оценки игры полностью заслуженные
    Единственное за что можно похвалить это за Олю, она красивая
  30. Jul 4, 2020
    This game is trash, the gameplay is boring and repetitive, the stealth basically doesn't exist, the story is silly and the storytelling is one of the worst in the history of the videogames
  31. Jul 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game makes my penis hurt Expand
  32. Jun 20, 2019
    Realmente un juego espléndido.

Su trama y su jugabilidad son rápidas y muy atractivas.
    Su único defecto son las texturas y gráficos del juego.
    Pero si miras más allá de las apariencias, te encontrarás frente a una agradable sorpresa videolúdica.
  33. Jun 20, 2019
    I started with few expectations.
    But I found myself in front of a game with surprising qualities.
    The gameplay is very tactical and surprisingly nice. The plot is very interesting, and the soundtrack is of high quality. While the animations and graphics are of low quality, mainly due to its low budget development. I consider it a high-potential game. That despite the low
    I started with few expectations.
    But I found myself in front of a game with surprising qualities.

The gameplay is very tactical and surprisingly nice.
    The plot is very interesting, and the soundtrack is of high quality.

I consider it a high-potential game.
    That despite the low budget, manages to mark the ideas for a project with even greater potential.

And you also notice how the developers have put us great ideas, and heart, into this project.
    And many players in the world have noticed these qualities too.

I was pleasantly satisfied, and I hope there is a way to see a further evolution of this project in the future.
  34. Jul 1, 2019
    Впечатляющий тактический опыт.
    Подобных игр сегодня больше не найти.
    Сегодня мы думаем только о том, как максимизировать техническую графику, но настоящие инновации всегда появляются в таких маленьких играх. Действительно потрясающий.
    Впечатляющий тактический опыт.
    Подобных игр сегодня больше не найти.

Действительно потрясающий.
  35. Mar 11, 2019
    Left Alive places a brutal emphasis on stealth, conservation and tactical use of gadgets. You will not get far just by sneaking and hoping for the best. The limited ammo you have is best used for triggering explosions from fuel barrels (after luring as many enemies as possible using cans/bottles) or finishing off a single enemy.
    The gameplay is high stakes, you have to think hard about
    The gameplay is high stakes, you have to think hard about the path you take to an objective, what resources to craft, what gadgets you can afford to use and what enemies to avoid or take down.
    The systems surrounding this gameplay are when things start to let the gameplay down. The level of enemy awareness is hard to gauge, as there is a mere second or two before being spotted completed. The AI system to aid your awareness tends to repeat the same signals ad naseum and proves to be little help in these situations.
    The character controls are stiff, slow and feels like it may have been a deliberate attempt to force you to be slow and deliberate because the controls will make it that much harder to get away once you have being spotted.
    You have to have a strategy in place in case you are spotted, some kind of fall back position or hiding spot like a container. If you don't make this consideration and are spotted then generally it is game over as you are heavily out gunned.
    Times when you are not out gunned come in the form of Wanzer events where you control a giant mechanical weapon and blast several different types of weapons. These segments are a brief relief from the suppressive stealth gameplay and are a blast in general. However these parts are where the frame rate issues come into play the most, making for a janky experience.
    The story is rich and deeply set in several personal stories with war as a backdrop. There are plenty of tense interactions with survivors which can influence the story overall and various collectibles to add to the database providing context and nuance to what is going on around you.
    The soundtrack is excellent, the visual style is not what we expect from triple A but serviceable overall.
    Enjoyed my time with Left Alive but feel as though it didn't live up to its promise. It had a bad habit of demanding a lot from the player without holding it up with polish on its end.
  36. Jul 1, 2019
    In all honesty, I think this game was a revelation to me.
    In all senses.
    Any kind of prejudice I had made about the game from a graphical point of view, vanished when I played it. The gameplay is very rich and multifaceted, and is remarkably punitive. But in being so he can give you the idea of ​​how important action is to be taken in this context. It was a long time since I was
    In all honesty, I think this game was a revelation to me.
    In all senses.

The gameplay is very rich and multifaceted, and is remarkably punitive.

It was a long time since I was looking for a game that finally gave me the real feelings of an ongoing conflict.

For this reason, I believe that every lover of the tactical genre should experience this experience at least once.
    You will notice that you are in front of a much more surprising game than you can believe.
  37. Aug 12, 2019
    I have been playing video games for many years now, and I can recognize those that represent excellent qualities for this type of games.
    Left Alive has all these qualities.
    They do not shine because of a graphic that is not up to the work to be told. But if you look beyond this, you can clearly see that there are incredible ideas for a story with enormous potential, and that has kept me
    Left Alive has all these qualities.
    They do not shine because of a graphic that is not up to the work to be told.
    But if you look beyond this, you can clearly see that there are incredible ideas for a story with enormous potential, and that has kept me entertained to the end.
  38. Jun 6, 2019
    Seriously Underrated. The controls take some getting used to and it starts out rather difficult so I can see how people who have only played it for like 30 minutes or so would hate it.

But if you stick with this game and get used to the controls, the gets better and better the longer you play it. The game's big on risk and reward, you aren't some elite ninja so you have to carefully consider what to do with the tools you have. As you progress and get more tools to work with you end up with more play options. Sometimes it puts you in situations that can be nerve wrecking and intense, but that's also what I love about it. Sometimes you're just completely unprepared, but you somehow manage to persevere anyway.

Sometimes you don't do so well, sometimes you may survive but sometimes things just go horribly wrong. When it does it's best to just roll with it, consider some mistakes inevitable. Sometimes a bad situation even leads to something good you otherwise would have never come across.

I'm convinced that most people who hated this game judged it based on first impressions, found it too difficult or didn't bother to learn the controls, and didn't really explore what it has to offer.
  39. Jan 18, 2020
    I created this account on here and endured all the offers for this and that just to tell you guys this game **** blows
  40. Apr 16, 2019
    If all the games were like Left Alive, I think the video game world would be better.
    Because we would more often notice the good ideas that the artists of the game bring to an end.
    And this is already an excellent result in itself.
  41. Jan 7, 2020
    I normally don't do these reviews, I generally just look at the user score and don't even bother looking at the reviews. But this game has been in my eye for quite some time. To clarify I've only played the first three chapters. I don't know if it gets better as it progresses.

Let me just put the things I want to say in a list. Stealth: I've heard that there are no stealth kills,

Let me just put the things I want to say in a list.

Stealth: I've heard that there are no stealth kills, which is partially true. There are no silent takedowns but there are melee weapons which you can sneak up behind enemies, hit them three times then execute them on the ground. It isn't silent though. There were also times where I was hiding behind a wall, but I guess the enemy saw a bit of me on the edge of it or something and spotted me. What makes it worse is that you can't manually save whenever. The only way to save manually is at save stations which are far apart, and if you die you start back from the last save point regardless of how far it was.

Combat: It's bad. Enemies are bullet sponges, the aiming controls suck, and there are no one-shot headshot kills. I get it, it's a stealth game. You're not supposed to go guns blazing, but there are times where you have to do so. I think the same might be similar for the PC version as well. Maybe it wanted me to use my gadgets more, but even then it's bad.

AI helper: Annoying as all hell, completely stating the obvious. Every time you sneak by an enemy she goes "Caution: The enemy is approaching". Every time.

Escorting: There are parts where you have to escort civilians to shelters, which is as bad as it sounds. They have a path they take (which you can't change) and the only way to make them stop is to go to them while they're running and tell them to stop or go to your map and do it from there.

There were some moments I liked. Sneaking by the mechs were cool, the story seems somewhat interesting, the voice acting isn't as awful as I have heard it was (at least from what I have played), and the multiple choices and action and consequences thing sounds intriguing. But this game drained me at chapter 3. I thought maybe there's a reason why the user score is so high, maybe the intro is **** but as it progresses it gets better. But as I was playing chapter 3 I asked myself, "Would you want to play through those missions again and get as much items and civilians as you could?" to which I said "Hell no!"

I understand that there are people that liked this game and that's great for them. But I was incredibly confused as to why the user score was so high, where on every other website it's been bashed to pieces and was even on a couple of Top 10 Worst Games of 2019. I use the user score on Metacritic as my main source of game recommendations. All the games that I played that had an 8.0 or higher I have enjoyed, except for this one. If it is fake reviews I hope they fix this soon.
  42. Mar 6, 2019
    It's hard, sometimes unfairly so. However it's also Japanese jank at its best, the story is melodramatic, the action is tense, the AI is simultaneously dumb as a rock and the perfect sharpshooter, it's a good time but know going into it that you're going to get frustrated at times.
  43. Mar 8, 2019
    There is really so much good in this game. The characters and their design are great, the general concept of escaping a small country overun by a foreign army, the story, the mech gameplay all great. You can make choices that have actual consequences. The fact that when other players die they leave you an item to pick up. The music is AWESOME, The survival aspect is so cool, I like thatThere is really so much good in this game. The characters and their design are great, the general concept of escaping a small country overun by a foreign army, the story, the mech gameplay all great. You can make choices that have actual consequences. The fact that when other players die they leave you an item to pick up. The music is AWESOME, The survival aspect is so cool, I like that you start with nothing and have to pick up whatever you can find and make gadgets in the field to make it through the level. The fact that you cant really survive a gun fight is great because it makes you more stealthy and more aware of your surroundings instead of just having the option to go in guns blazing.

There was something special brewing here but its brought down by the unpolished feel of it all. The animations are really pretty bad which everyone has said already but its true, its really hard to keep playing a game if the gameplay doesnt feel fun or satisfying. I understand what they were trying to do here, but i can't tell if they just ran out of time to polish the game or if the dev got lazy? The worst part about all this is that the gaming industry will see this failure as a confirmation that gamers don't want these types of games, they wont look at the reasons why people are complaining, They will just show the score and say "See people don't want a stealth single player mech game, so lets just make another battle royale game instead". I hope the developer of this doesn't just give up on this game. Patch in some animations fixes and some polish overall to fix the bugs, please. If not whatever your next game is, please make an RTS like XCOm as i feel that is what you were trying to do here but in a third person shooter perspective. I think your team is talented and I hope the dev team isn't discouraged by the negativity and just push ahead and make a complete game next time around.
  44. Mar 6, 2019
    The soundtrack of this game is something spectacular.

As for the rest, the graphics are really thin as a PS3 game, while the gameplay is really well studied. The game is very difficult, and requires that you give the maximum to get a good strategy to bring down enemies and metch. The story surprised me in particular as a performance and as a general emotional impact. Summing up
    The soundtrack of this game is something spectacular.

Summing up everything, it was a good game.
  45. Mar 6, 2019
    Este juego finalmente refleja cuáles deberían ser los objetivos principales reales de un videojuego.
    Y eso es saber entretener al jugador que lo está jugando.
    Este juego me ha podido entretener a lo largo de su trama épica.
    Y ahora estoy comprometido a conseguir un final perfecto con el nuevo juego +.
  46. Mar 6, 2019
    One of the most interesting games I've ever played in this generation.
    His enormous difficulty reminded me of games like the Dark Souls.
    The plot is interesting, and the soundtrack is really the top. 10/10 If even the graphics were the top then it would have become really good at 100% The game is highly recommended to all lovers of survival games, single player, and with a good plot
    One of the most interesting games I've ever played in this generation.
    His enormous difficulty reminded me of games like the Dark Souls.
    The plot is interesting, and the soundtrack is really the top. 10/10
    If even the graphics were the top then it would have become really good at 100%
    The game is highly recommended to all lovers of survival games, single player, and with a good plot and soundtrack.
  47. Sep 13, 2019
    Truly remarkable plot.

The gameplay has particular and very characteristic nuances, which make it a really excellent challenge. It does not shine in the technical aspect, but presents a very great and incisive OST. Which gives a sense of the atmosphere of the game. A game that undoubtedly represents a hidden gem in its genre of games. Which can be fully discovered and
    Truly remarkable plot.

Which gives a sense of the atmosphere of the game.

A game that undoubtedly represents a hidden gem in its genre of games.
    Which can be fully discovered and appreciated only by playing it from beginning to end.
  48. Mar 5, 2019
    Are you kidding me Square and Shinkawa Youji? This was a game i really wanted to love as soon as it was announced. A mech game with third person stealth mechanics akin to MGS, with awesome characters designs by the great Youji. What we got however was a lot wasted potential. I never felt like i was scammed after buying a game until i played this. I feel so betrayed.

Gameplay: I wonder

Gameplay: I wonder if anyone making this, actually tried to play the game. The gameplay is not fun due to the fact that the "stealth mechanics" consist of throwing object to distract enemies, no stealthy take downs. Stealth is a joke because Ai can see through walls in some instances, in others you can run right pass an enemy or an enemy can spot you from a mile away. Theres melee weapons but you have to hit enemies 3 times to take them out. The animation is terrible which makes the gameplay is worse. People keep saying that this feels like a PS2 game but I would dare to say the PS2 had some games that had better animation than this. The shooting mechanics are so unsatisfying due to the crappy animations..you would think after so many years of shooters people would know how to make a half decent shooting mechanics but i guess this dev doesn't.

Graphics: I really don't care about graphics, but with this game it must be said that the environment is next level bad. EVERTHING is out of proportion, have you ever seen xmas lights the size of a human head? or a dumpster that hits your waist line? It's hard to believe that a AAA studio made this and had the nerve to charge $60, especially with all the bugs. It's like you thought you could get away with this because the artwork was great.

I really wanted to love this game,I really did... the premise sounded great, Escape the city akin to Resident Evil 2 with mech battles sprinkled in, and the character designs look awesome but they couldn't the execute on anything. Square-Enix you lost a fan today, you are now on same list as EA, Bethesda and Activision. I have no hope for the FF7 Remake.
  49. Mar 5, 2019
    Left Alive the new game from Square Enix is a stealth action game with a choice and consequence story with different endings, interesting characters and a lot of enemies approaching you.
    Yeah it has its flaws, for example every time you´re close to an enemy your navigator voice will tell you that an enemy is approaching, not once but until you´re far enough away from the enemy or you killed all enemies in the vicinity. There´s no stealth takedown if you don´t have a melee weapon with you, also Melee weapons will break after a few enemies. The difficulty is quite hard been playing on standard difficulty and I died a lot so if you put off by difficulty this game might not be for you. Oh and despite it playing in the Front Mission universe this is not a Front Mission game so if you love Front Mission and want another Front Mission, this game is probably not for you. This is a very tactical game but it isn't what Front Mission players are used to so be wary of that.

But despite the flaws it has it does quite a few and important things right.
    First of all the difficulty, yeah I died a lot and if you don´t know how to approach some segments you will struggle, but that is kinda the point of this game the most fun I have with this game is trying out different ways to get to the mission objective, looking around in the environment to find a few more crafting materials so you can craft some landmines, grenades or explosive wire traps which can help you immensely. Not crafting tools and weapons will make the game a lot harder in some situations.
    The feeling of overcoming these hard situations by carefully thinking about what route to take and when and what tools to use is really satisfying.

I will not say much about the story because I havent finished the game yet but I´m already looking forward to playing the game again and getting better endings and save more characters. You will be presented with multiple choice answers during the story that can determine if some characters will live or die and when the first character I encountered died it really made me think if and how I could have saved him.
    There are also several Side-Missions you can try to complete during the normal missions but they can get quite hard as well requiring for you to clear or scout out the route that´ll bring the side characters to safety.

The game is unfortunately not as polished as a Metal Gear game but all in all it is really better than the first look would make you think. If you like stealth games and a challenge with a varied story and interesting characters then you can get a lot of fun out of the game if you don´t and always need the best graphics and most polished games out there you might want to wait for the price to drop a bit but if you can take the game for what it is and not for what everyone thinks it should be you can have a lot of fun with it and the game is great.
  50. Mar 8, 2019
    This game is incredibly complex.
    And that's why it's very cool.
    I did not commit myself so much in a video game since Dark Souls 1. The game is as difficult as a Dark Souls. And maybe even more. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it has a high challenge value. The plot is remarkable and the sound sector is impressive for its genre. This is the kind of games I would like to see
    This game is incredibly complex.
    And that's why it's very cool.
    I did not commit myself so much in a video game since Dark Souls 1.

The game is as difficult as a Dark Souls.
    And maybe even more.
    And I'm not exaggerating when I say it has a high challenge value.

The plot is remarkable and the sound sector is impressive for its genre.
    This is the kind of games I would like to see more often in the market.
    For their complexity, and for the high presentation of the plot.
    Great for the genre.
  51. nd_
    Mar 6, 2019
    This game seems to illustrate that marketing investments were significally higher than development costs.
  52. Sep 7, 2019
    When stupid people with no talent have the idea of making a game... it's a bad idea... Left alive want to be a mgs like... but it's only a dragon's lair like... This crappy game mechanics are not based on stealth... but only on die and retry situations. You test an approach... you fail... and so on.... It's boring as hell.

The only thing i could save from this wreck, it's the Yoshikawa

The only thing i could save from this wreck, it's the Yoshikawa works... Everything else is too poorly done...
  53. Sep 29, 2019
    The plot of the game has brought me a great interest regarding the events of the 3 protagonists, and the consequences that their choices can give to the game's plot.

Protecting civilians in an area of war can be difficult and extremely dangerous. And this game fully returns all these feelings. There are very few games that can give such a compelling feeling, with this concept, these

And this game fully returns all these feelings.

There are very few games that can give such a compelling feeling, with this concept, these days.
    For this I can certainly consider the game a surprising, and pleasant, experience, bringing even into a technical / tactical and emotional experience of real war.
  54. Mar 9, 2019
    I don't get why people say this is a PS3 game graphically. To me it looks pretty good.
  55. Mar 5, 2019
    60$ for bad animations, graphics, AI, physics, voice acting, dull/boring story and gameplay. Has a pre-order bonus crap and real in-game ADs.
  56. Mar 5, 2019
    Only one chapter and I already want a refund. The game lacks or **** up many key mechanics, for example, in order to reload a save you have to quit to the title menu. You can't mark out enemies without using an "Enemy sensor" that you have to craft, and there isn't clear indication of whether you are visible. There is no way to take out enemies quietly from behind, but fighting isn't anOnly one chapter and I already want a refund. The game lacks or **** up many key mechanics, for example, in order to reload a save you have to quit to the title menu. You can't mark out enemies without using an "Enemy sensor" that you have to craft, and there isn't clear indication of whether you are visible. There is no way to take out enemies quietly from behind, but fighting isn't an option because enemies are bullet sponges and your guns are inaccurate. These are enemies that are able to stand up just fine after being blasted by an IED and don't even bother flinching and stopping their fire when hit with a bullet, at least until you damage them enough to kill them, whereupon their ragdoll comically springs backwards. Sprinting, even for a second, leaves your character winded and unable to even move faster then a jog for a brief period of time and crouching reduces your speed to a crawl. The most insulting thing for me though is the story, I was told that Front Mission, the game this spins off from, had a large amount of Realpolitik, so i expected some of that to carry over. When i first saw the enemy commander at the end of chapter 1, i was absolutely disappointed to learn he was a cartoonish general killgore type who decided to toy with enemy soldiers, and the invading army just goes around executing civilians and captured POW's alike. The crafting system is... functional, i guess, but its stupidly token and i fail to see the need for it.

Don't make my mistake.
  57. Mar 5, 2019
    Left Alive is basically the $1 version of Metal Gear Solid! Mechanics are awful and the stealth is just laughable, Do yourselves a favor and pass on this mess of a game
  58. Sep 7, 2019
    Really challenging, and extremely satisfying game.
    Today too often there are very simplified games, to go against the needs of everyone, but this game is an exception.
    Left Alive brought me back to a level of challenge and difficulty, which I now found only in the real Dark Souls games. Proposing a really high rate of trust, an engaging storyline, and the mechanics that appear to be
    Really challenging, and extremely satisfying game.

Proposing a really high rate of trust, an engaging storyline, and the mechanics that appear to be sufficiently defined to be able to embroider an experience worthy of this kind of games.
  59. Mar 24, 2019
    All of the positive reviews for this game are amusingly terrible bots. Let's look at this gem:
    "He can easily compete with the best games of his own genre."
    And from a different review: "His enormous difficulty reminded me of games like the Dark Souls." Also note how many positive reviews contain the same hilariously misspelled words ("budjet"). Not sure who is falsely trying to
    "He can easily compete with the best games of his own genre."

And from a different review:
    "His enormous difficulty reminded me of games like the Dark Souls."

Also note how many positive reviews contain the same hilariously misspelled words ("budjet"). Not sure who is falsely trying to boost this game's score (although the publisher/dev would be a reasonable guess), but they're doing an absolutely **** job of it. Shame on metacritic for not doing something about it, just goes to show that review scores on this site are unreliable at best.
  60. Mar 6, 2019
    This game imo is almost unplayable. I loved Front Mission for years and Square keeps treating this franchise terribly. Front Mission Evolved started this "evolution" of the series away from a tactical RPG and Left Alive is clearly the most blatent ripoff wanna-be Metal Gear game I have ever seen. I gave it a 2 solely because of the Yoji Shinkawa art. Stay away unless you like VERY genericThis game imo is almost unplayable. I loved Front Mission for years and Square keeps treating this franchise terribly. Front Mission Evolved started this "evolution" of the series away from a tactical RPG and Left Alive is clearly the most blatent ripoff wanna-be Metal Gear game I have ever seen. I gave it a 2 solely because of the Yoji Shinkawa art. Stay away unless you like VERY generic 3rd person cover shooter with a clunky UI and not at all intuitive controls. Already returned the game. Expand
  61. Apr 13, 2019
    Only Bad Game dont buy this...
    Survival on a wrong way.
    Gunplay really bad.
  62. Mar 6, 2019
    A game like this should not be made by a major company, this seems more like a project in college for a portfolio, this game would be worth maximum of 15 dollars and even then you would be regretting it. I guess they really hate Kojima so they have to absolutely have to **** over his legacy, I feel like a public apology needs to be made by square enix for making an abomination that hasA game like this should not be made by a major company, this seems more like a project in college for a portfolio, this game would be worth maximum of 15 dollars and even then you would be regretting it. I guess they really hate Kojima so they have to absolutely have to **** over his legacy, I feel like a public apology needs to be made by square enix for making an abomination that has been thrust upon the eyes of the public. Expand
  63. Mar 5, 2019
    I was really excited for this game due to the Artstyle and the different voice actors involved! But instead I got a very boring and clunky game which says that is a stealth game (yet has no stealth moves or takedowns) The fact I played the tutorial yet died an array of times due to poor communication to the player as they didn’t explain where to go was frustrating. The controls areI was really excited for this game due to the Artstyle and the different voice actors involved! But instead I got a very boring and clunky game which says that is a stealth game (yet has no stealth moves or takedowns) The fact I played the tutorial yet died an array of times due to poor communication to the player as they didn’t explain where to go was frustrating. The controls are horrible and badly places, The gun combat is tragic, the fact is takes nearly 10 round of ammo to kill and enemy is too long and frustrating. The crafting is also a good mechanic to start of with! Until you realise it takes nearly 4 bombs or Molotov’s to kill even a group of 4. Please do not pick up this game unless you want to frustrate yourself! Expand
  64. Aug 9, 2019
    I enjoy high-tension military thrillers and stealth games, but Left Alive falls flat in every way that it attempts to stand out. Its story of surviving a technologically advanced invasion has some interesting ideas but is delivered with limp dialogue and voice acting from annoying characters. Worse, every concept introduced to its gameplay – stealth, action, crafting, and Wanzer combat –I enjoy high-tension military thrillers and stealth games, but Left Alive falls flat in every way that it attempts to stand out. Its story of surviving a technologically advanced invasion has some interesting ideas but is delivered with limp dialogue and voice acting from annoying characters. Worse, every concept introduced to its gameplay – stealth, action, crafting, and Wanzer combat – comes awash with bad ideas and uneven execution that make it feel difficult for all the wrong reasons, including bullet-sponge enemies and wildly inconsistent AI. The crafting is an interesting idea but is clunky to use in a pinch, even when it’s key to progression and survival. All these issues crushed the fun a little bit more every time they got me killed. Left Alive is probably best left unplayed. Expand
  65. Mar 8, 2019
    I got this game because i expected it to do well enough to help bring back Front Mission my favorate game franchise. but instead i got something that was far worse than the last front mission game that came out.

Problems: 1. Stealth is impossible due to how much they throw at you on the easiest dificulty settings 2. The enemy A.I. is so agressive that once your caught you either

Problems:
    2. The enemy A.I. is so agressive that once your caught you either standing there letting them kill you or your running away and hope they dont kill you.
    3. the NPCs you have to transport are so **** stupid they will sit out in the open and actively get shot in the face if you let them go too far.
    4. i got to mission 3 and that is where i called it quits. easiest dificulty and i couldn't excape the near perfect sight lines the enemy had preventing me from "stealth"
    5. your forced into a long gunfight in the second chapter and you will burn through your ammo because there is litteraly no reason these soldiers take 10 bullets to the head and keep trucking on the easiest dificulty.
    6. the bots are **** bullet spunges.
    7. if they melee you your thrown back 10 15 feet where your melee barely moves them.
    8 melee weapons conditions reach a point where they no longer harm the opponet but yet your still have it. if it beat you to death with a broken shovel do you not die!

I got this game by trading in games. now i'm going to gamestop and getting my refund. Devs if your reading this. I can guarentee you didn't play this game at all during development. 3d person shooters and not new. Nor is the 3rd person stealth genere. Metal gear has you beat on all fronts because you did the oposite of what they did.
  66. Mar 9, 2019
    this game is garbage. Really sucks. Highly optimized, it looks like a PS1 title has since been technically backward. Luckily it had to be another exclusive PS4 masterpiece.... It turned out to be an obscene title
  67. Mar 17, 2019
    Just we we thought Knack and the Order 1886 were bad....this PS4 console exclusive drives the PS4 through the mud.
  68. Mar 8, 2019
    Square shouldn't have put their name on this its a travesty that's trying to be Metal Gear Solid and failing miserably.
  69. Mar 16, 2019
    В этой игре сломано все! Даже отсутствуют скритые убийства, при том что игра заставляет тебя стелсить.
  70. Mar 13, 2019
    Awfully dated game by a scummy company (Square Enix). They are also resorting to creating fake user reviews in order to deceive customers.
  71. Jan 18, 2020
    Good game, nothing more. The only thing that sent me forward, to finish the game, is the very interesting political plot, and the soundtrack. But it is also very lacking in the technical aspect.
  72. Oct 15, 2019
    + I like the crafting idea and collecting resourses.
    + Semi open world is a great middle ground between PS1 MGS and PS4 MGS5.
    + Keep wanting to try again when I die. - Stealth in the game is barebones, flaw and forced on you with the lack of ammo. - No stealth kills. - The game has a overly huge aiming cycle so the bullets mostly don't go where your aiming. - When getting shot at it
    + I like the crafting idea and collecting resourses.
    + Semi open world is a great middle ground between PS1 MGS and PS4 MGS5.
    + Keep wanting to try again when I die.
    - No stealth kills.
    - When getting shot at it pushes your aim off direction way too much.
    - Enemies take too many bullets to go down, having to reload to take down one guy. Geez.
  73. Dec 31, 2019
    Really difficult game, but extremely satisfying.
    I especially liked the plot, military/political, my favorite genre. And the sound is also really great. All in all, a truly amazing game.
  74. Jan 7, 2020
    A game that, despite the flaws, has been able to give me some satisfying satisfactions. Sometimes it's overly frustrating in several chapters, but the overall storyline is interesting and also thought very cleverly. A good title, with technical deficiencies, but which hides a good and welcome class inside.
  75. Jan 19, 2020
    Despite everything, a good experience in the end. The animations and graphics are of low quality, but the game manages to entertain for the plot and for the gameplay considerably more tactical than it seems.
  76. Jan 20, 2020
    After everything I've heard of it online, I expected something far worse. Instead it manages to be a game with its own why. With a compelling storyline and a gameplay rather studied in resources, and in their position in the various levels. However, it is a pity that the title has graphics not defined by today's standards, and that the animations are not always perfect. With a little moreAfter everything I've heard of it online, I expected something far worse. Instead it manages to be a game with its own why. With a compelling storyline and a gameplay rather studied in resources, and in their position in the various levels. However, it is a pity that the title has graphics not defined by today's standards, and that the animations are not always perfect. With a little more work, especially on the technical side, this game could give its best, and shine without problems. Expand
  77. Jan 24, 2020
    Ultimately a game with a good story, perhaps not the greatest but still good. A good survival game, even if very frustrating in certain senses, is able to give its best when learning the best use of the weapons that are on the battlefield, while the major flaws concern the graphics and animations. But if you fly over these last two aspects it can still prove to be a game with goodUltimately a game with a good story, perhaps not the greatest but still good. A good survival game, even if very frustrating in certain senses, is able to give its best when learning the best use of the weapons that are on the battlefield, while the major flaws concern the graphics and animations. But if you fly over these last two aspects it can still prove to be a game with good entertainment qualities after all. Expand
  78. Feb 8, 2020
    От меня 6 баллов, я покупал коллекционку за 15 000 рублей. За кровные 15 000. Игра не настолько плохая как про неё принято говорить. Давайте к обзору, чё тянуть-то?
    Начну с плюсов, они тут есть!
    Первый - Это конечно качественные Русские надписи, за это разрабам респект! Второй - Саундтрек, он просто взрыв мозга! Отличный!!! Третий и неоднозначный - Персонажи, они как бы и разные и
    Начну с плюсов, они тут есть!
    Первый - Это конечно качественные Русские надписи, за это разрабам респект!
    Второй - Саундтрек, он просто взрыв мозга! Отличный!!!
    Третий и неоднозначный - Персонажи, они как бы и разные и интересные, но они практически не запоминаются.
    Четвёртый - Антураж, он примерно русский, тоже всё плохо, как в жизни на окраине.
    Пятый - Сюжет цепляет.
    Шестой - Аниметян... ладно это шутка, на самом деле это отличная коллекционка Mech Edition. Но тян тоже нормально.
    А теперь минусы:
    Первый - Графика и анимации устарели лет на шесть! Они лучше даже в MGS V (Ей больше пяти лет), чьим аналогом Left Alive и является кстати.
    Второй - Очень спорный геймплей, это стелс-экшн в котором нет быстрого убийства!
    Третий - ИИ, искусственный идиот. То они тебя за укрытием видят, то перед собой не видят (К слову это делает игру забавной)!

Мой вердикт - "Берите на свой страх и риск, игра далеко не для всех. Фанаты смешного трэша среднего пошива - Must Have, остальные - подумайте хорошенько..."
  79. Feb 27, 2020
    A faceted game, with the contours of poor graphics. It has a very superfine gameplay that must be studied in order to capture the minimum actions present in each level of the game. The soundtrack enchanted me, and the themes covered by the plot are really interesting. Undoubtedly a real surprise.
  80. Mar 5, 2020
    I played this game about a year after launch, so I'm unsure if it was really that bad before they released patches (which sounded like relatively minor fixes in the grand scheme of things). Given that qualification, I am still stunned Left Alive is viewed so negatively. The storyline is complex and rewarding, giving any fan of intricate war politics exactly what they want. The story andI played this game about a year after launch, so I'm unsure if it was really that bad before they released patches (which sounded like relatively minor fixes in the grand scheme of things). Given that qualification, I am still stunned Left Alive is viewed so negatively. The storyline is complex and rewarding, giving any fan of intricate war politics exactly what they want. The story and gameplay are wonderfully intertwined, which may be one reason why the game was disliked. It's a stealth game whose context is being stranded in a city invaded by multiple armies one evening and you are working through the night to escape. That means you can't do what I suspect a lot of players wanted: go in guns blazing. Who knew.

Games with limited resources and overpowering enemies force you to be patient and play smart, and I don't think a lot of players were willing to do that. Since the story is about you escaping from a city, the whole story takes place, of course, in those few maps the developers designed for it. People complained about this too, but again, that's the point of the story -- similar to Resident Evil taking place in a mansion. I found no problems with AI, aiming, sneaking, and the like. Everything worked pretty well. It is a dense political game, so if you're not up for that you won't like it. Otherwise, it's a must.

Oh, and "caution: an enemy is approaching" is just part of the commentary on what soldiers would have to deal with if and when powerful yet robotic AIs begin controlling military operations. You'll get it once you start playing.
  81. Mar 10, 2020
    A good stealth game. Challenging and highly satisfying when you find the right weapons for the various levels. High personalization approach also for the use of traps and quite engaging story with multiple choices.
  82. Jun 27, 2020
    Really an enjoyable cool game. I hardly find real challenge in the modern games, but this game finally menage to give me some really hard challenge.
    I like the atmosphere and the plot is really curious and interesting. Definitely a good surprise.
  83. Jul 7, 2020
    I've found this game a, surprisingly, enjoyable experience.
    A really nice challenging stealth action game.
    The plot and the music is easily the best part of the game.
    I really loved the awesome OST made for this game.
  84. Aug 2, 2020
    It is, to be frank, a bad stealth game. Can't really say much more than that apart from: Skyrim outclasses this game in its stealth mechanics, which is terrible considering stealth is such a minor part of the ES series.

Also, it is really sus to see so many positive reviews that have been written by accounts that have only reviewed THIS game. Some might even get the impression that there are paid reviews on here.
  85. Feb 26, 2020
    An enjoyable experience, in the end. It certainly requires an extreme dose of patience, and certainly suffers from a technical point of view, but this will not limit the good dose of challenge and adrenaline given by the game. Exciting game with an intriguing poilitic plot.
  86. Oct 28, 2020
    An unfinished game with tremendous identity issues makes for a complete disaster where it's only saving grace is it's really cool setting and the ideas behind the gameplay which on paper should have been really cool but unfortunately they aren't ..

Left Alive is a stealth game without stealth options given to you . Imagine Hitman without disguises , silencers , fiber wires , coins etc .

The story is way too convoluted and towards the ending it feels rushed and cutscenes feel out of order and characters talk like they know one another even though they d on't(Olga/Main Villain)

Choices don't mean **** and side missions are horrendous ...And the cherry on top is instead of fixing the issues Square turned the **** thing into a generic PS2 like janky third person shooter with an update ....

Just LOL

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 39 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 12, 2019
    Left Alive is a reason to question the reason. A game to question taste and good will among gamers. It is not a superb title, it's clunky, unpolished and can drive you insane, but there is just that one weird part of it that could make it up to you... It's surprisingly cool, for reasons unknown. If you consider yourself a brave man, give it a go. You just may find something worth your while.
  2. Apr 12, 2019
    The only people that will truly enjoy the game are either those that actually love a challenge, or those of you that are more interested in the story aspect of a game than the mechanics, since this is the only department where Left Alive impressed me.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 10, 2019
    Left Alive is most disappointing because it had such potential to revitalise the stealth genre. Instead you get something far behind even the titles it tries to emulate. [Issue#161, p.85]