7.0

1. Feb 11, 2016
    Another LEGO game (and Avengers at that) but loads of fun. I never grow tired of the hundreds of tasks to be done and collectables to find. The mission/story is pretty great as well with LOADS of characters. I found LEGO Dimensions to be kinda exhausting with so many different franchises, so it's nice to come back to some familiar territory and focus. Plus, flying through Manhattan is veryAnother LEGO game (and Avengers at that) but loads of fun. I never grow tired of the hundreds of tasks to be done and collectables to find. The mission/story is pretty great as well with LOADS of characters. I found LEGO Dimensions to be kinda exhausting with so many different franchises, so it's nice to come back to some familiar territory and focus. Plus, flying through Manhattan is very relaxing. Expand
  2. Feb 13, 2016
    My experience with this game has been enjoyable but at times it does feel a little bit to much like marvel superheroes as the main open world is exactly the same, as well as it using the typical lego formula for gameplay.

The story in my opinion is weak and confusing especially if the player hasn't recently seen all of the newer marvel films. However the lack of crafted story doesn't hinder the overall enjoyment that this game has to offer. That being said if you don't enjoy other lego games you most likely won't enjoy this one.
  3. Oct 6, 2018
    This game is a lot of fun. I don't care what critics say about stuff like this. I've been a LEGO fan for as long as I can remember. Terrific voice acting and great objectives.
  4. Apr 12, 2019
    Lego Marvel's Avengers is a Cool Lego Game, It has the best Iron Man Suit, A.K.A. Mark 5, The DLC's are Perfect, The Storytelling is Awesome, and I Love the references to the Movies this Game Featured, This is the 3rd Best Lego Marvel Game.
  5. Nov 18, 2019
    one of th best marvel lego video games, its fun and a good experience for the children
  6. Sep 26, 2019
    A great addition to the LEGO games series. Based of the two Avengers films with a main hub location of Manhattan plus some other key areas from the two films - Barton's Farm, SHIELD base, Asgard etc.

Plenty to do. Plenty to collect. All the characters. Possibly the best thing is the combo features where one power will boost onto another. Great stuff. Made even the simple fights seem like scenes from the movies. Great level design. Greatly improved flying controls. In fact the flying was so much improved I barely used any vehicles. Even for the races it was easier to use a flier than a land based.

It does have its issues. My main problem with the game was the Hub/Fast Travel or rather lack of fast travel. Anytime you finish a level you - when not in story mode - you are plonked back in Manhattan. You can then go to space. Easy enough but the customised parts and red bricks were all in the Helicarrier flying above which meant either finding a vehicle chooser (where there was an up to carrier launcher) or fly up. Either was a bit of a drag when it felt like this should have been its own location really. I had no problems with glitching or crashes.

There were a couple of times I got the character trapped in flames or force field that caused a respawn/dead loop but just swapped to other character and it sorted itself out.

Possibly the only odd game-play decision is the scanning 'puzzle' that black widow/tony stark/ultron have as a side power. This seemed somewhat pointless. It is a sort of memory game but gives you so much help/hints that it did not seem to be anything apart from a delay technique, possibly to give BW something to have as her 'thing'? None of the mini games/access puzzles were particularly challenging but this is a lego game so not to be expected. Red Bricks are only available to find on free play and via the collector. These challenges again are simply find object things. Certainly easier than some of the red brick finds in the past. It made a nice MCU way of doing it. Loved how the Collector bows.

Mini-figure character animation is top notch. The Lego version film clips are great. They use clips from the movies for the characters which does sometimes cause the sounds to vary in quality quite a bit. It would have been nice to have had them either extracted from the films as their own channel - sure this could have been done - or had the actors record the words again, pretty sure Stan Lee did - although this probably would have added too much to the budget.
    In Conclusion, its a great addition to the lego franchise. Yes - I did 100% it. No - I have not played the DLCs - of which there are 6 currently.
  7. Jan 28, 2016
    The same old song with some new tricks under its sleeve. It will be more than enough for LEGO games lovers. This game is fun and addicting, just like Lego Marvel Super Heroes. This is a must buy.
  8. Jan 26, 2016
    Complete treat for those who love marvel cinematic universe and open world
    it is like Lego marvel superheroes but with more added features and story.i personally enjoyed so much as i like open world and this game fulfilled that with one of my favorite cinematic universe and open world hubs.
  9. Jan 29, 2016
    The game is good and for fans of Lego games, The Avenges and Lego Marvel Super Heroes it is an easy recommendation to make. The game is fun and the new combo system and special moves are fun and adds variety to combat. The voice sampling is serviceable though I would have preferred new voice actors recording the movie dialog myself, it could have enhanced the humor IMO. That said it,The game is good and for fans of Lego games, The Avenges and Lego Marvel Super Heroes it is an easy recommendation to make. The game is fun and the new combo system and special moves are fun and adds variety to combat. The voice sampling is serviceable though I would have preferred new voice actors recording the movie dialog myself, it could have enhanced the humor IMO. That said it, doesn't break from the established by TT formula and going forward they will have to shake it up at some point in the very near future. Expand
  10. Jan 27, 2016
    This is just as fun as Lego Marvel. It has multiple open worlds similar to Lego Marvel (Lego Marvel only had one open world) and a sphere map to choose the worlds (similar to Lego Batman 3).

The voice acting is directly from all movies in the Marvel Universe and mostly sounds good. Though there are times where it is very noticeably a sound clip from a movie and just doesn't fit. For instance, very early on there is a scene from the beginning of Avengers where Loki and Fury are having a quiet chat, but in the game the two characters are on two separate side of the building. It is very weird to hear two characters having a casual conversation while explosions are going on and the two are fighting.
  11. Jan 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love this game! The combat sistem is amazing and the open world is perfect the only thing i don't like is the fact of this game doesn't have spider man, deadpool and the mutants but doesn't matter this game is absolutely AMAZING! Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 15, 2016
    As always, [Freeplay] adds a great deal of value and content to the game, and is likely to be where you’ll have most fun.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 10, 2016
    The main attractions are set-pieces that play heavily on the series' combat systems. [Apr 2016, p.95]
  3. Apr 6, 2016
    The latest release from TT Games shows signs of an aging formula for handling the LEGO franchise. Most of the blunders should have been caught in an early brainstorm.