8.2

1. Mar 25, 2015
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and was hoping for something of the same quality however this truly surpassed the first episode mainly due to the emotional impact it left on me. A really fleshed out story where choices made do actually have an impact.

Overall I think if you enjoyed the first episode you will love this one, otherwise if you enjoy a game with an excellent story then you will definitely enjoy this one!
  2. Apr 7, 2015
    This game is truly underrated. Dontnod and Square Enix really did give Telltale a run for their money with this episodic adventure.
    This episode is so much better than the first, and I adored the first. Your decisions seem to have a feeling that they have a greater impact more and more throughout this episode, I personally have started to favor and feel more attached to the characters as the this episode progresses.
    The atmosphere of the game is great too; I do not feel that how the characters speak are 'cliche' as the characters take the stereotypes which you think you know and make them their own. It all works.
    Yes, admitted the characters speech could look more realistic, but this is no reason not to enjoy the game, I barely noticed it, as the story and game is so immerse and gripping that you don't notice.

All in all, this game is extremely good and this episode proves it. Very much worth the buy, you won't regret it:) bring on episode three!
  3. Mar 25, 2015
    I feared that this episode would not live up to the already great foundation of the first episode, however this not only lived up to but surpassed it! It picks up only a day after and starts quite slow, however there is a fantastic scene where you have a conversation with Kate. It not only fleshed out her story but explored the effects of the bullying she has suffered. This was a sceneI feared that this episode would not live up to the already great foundation of the first episode, however this not only lived up to but surpassed it! It picks up only a day after and starts quite slow, however there is a fantastic scene where you have a conversation with Kate. It not only fleshed out her story but explored the effects of the bullying she has suffered. This was a scene filled with real emotion!

Just like the first episode, half the story is in the game environment, however things you can pick up on actually can matter later on as letters/postcards/etc are brought up later. Especially in the phenomenal act. The final act was amazing. You are stripped from you power to reverse time so you if mess up the decision, there no turning up. This was fantastic as it made the scene so much more tense, where there is a real chance of failure. Fortunately I succeeded, however after playing, the statistic of those failed was 45%! This I found outstanding, that Square Enix would take the risk of this huge divide in story.

To conclude, if you enjoyed the first episode, you will love the second! It may still have the occasionally lapse in acting and cheesy lines, hover the great story totally makes up for that. From the hyper tense scenes with Kate, to the fun and games with Chloe. This games explores so many themes and the story is really compelling to play. The mysteries going on, have me hooked! I look very forward to the third episode so it can further drive this already fantastic story.
  4. Mar 26, 2015
    This game is awesome, your choice matters and that's what I like :) Max is more intresting and the situations are awesome!

Might be game of the year :)
  5. Apr 7, 2015
    I'm in love with Chloe! never liked a character like this before! Chloe is awesome!
    anyways, the series is fun and intriguing, can't wait to see what happen next :)
  6. Apr 14, 2015
    Life is Strange is a fun game where you can rewind time. So if you don't like a choice you made; you can change that. Despite me finding the game interesting and wanting more every time I finish a story. I do find it a little bit too much of a lesson to teens about doing the right thing and bullying.
    Therefore some might find it to be too much of an After School Special. That goes for both parts so far. Still I found the game unique and I played through both parts without one break. I can't wait for the 3rd one!
  7. Mar 28, 2015
    Great game with an interesting plot and meaningful choices. The voice acting and dialogue is weak however, and the game can be slow at times. All in all, I would be cautious with this game and make sure it interests you before buying.
  8. Mar 26, 2015
    I recommend the game to anyone who likes story-driven games.

+ Visually stunning
    + Slow paced, character-centered storytelling
    + Amazing soundtrack, good voice acting
    + Very optimized and flowing gameplay, zero bugs

- Characters feel slightly stereotypical, many cliches.
    - Puzzles somewhat annoying
    - Science theme treated superficially (hard to take seriously)
  9. May 27, 2015
    The only thing I don't like about this game it's the fact that I get scared of playing it, always wondering if I did call the right decision, is Max getting screwed coz of my choices? Dunno. By the way, your choices DOES matter and will change stuff. Be ready for some of your 1st episode to come back and bite you in the as! ;d
  10. Mar 26, 2015
    Bottle Collecting Simulator. If you want to be A bottle collecting lady already in your teens then this is the game for you.

The whole game is like a easy memory game where you can keep rewinding events and dialogue that happened and do them in the right order without any consequences, the worst bit is you have to skip alot of dialogue if you make the wrong decision early on and redo the whole tedious process again. On top of this add alot of cringy dialogue and events and they are sure to push you and the main character out into the sidequests that are collecting old beer bottles.
  11. Mar 26, 2015
    I do agree, Square Enix, life is strange, albeit not in a good way... in a great way because you released this game with a fantastic story. Gameplay is meh, but hey, it's a good game.
  12. Apr 22, 2015
    I really liked the frist episode but this second episode was even better. There is just a special feeling to this game that can't be described with words - you have to experience it yourself! If they keep up this level, I have no doubt that telltale gets hard competition in their field of interactive narratives!
  13. Oct 24, 2015
    With all that has happened, I'd be surprised if Life is Strange didn't get nominated for game of the year - 2015. So many things are done right here despite not being up to par with graphics. It goes to show you though, you don't need good graphics to make an amazing game. The positives outshine the negatives by far. It's best fret is the game's story, and the way it manages to keep theWith all that has happened, I'd be surprised if Life is Strange didn't get nominated for game of the year - 2015. So many things are done right here despite not being up to par with graphics. It goes to show you though, you don't need good graphics to make an amazing game. The positives outshine the negatives by far. It's best fret is the game's story, and the way it manages to keep the player involved. You feel the weight behind some of the decisions you make during the game, some being heavy enough to make you want to come back and experience more.

Episode 2 continues to blow you away, as it gives you more choices and consequences, and begins to show you some of the results of your actions from first episode.
    Episode 2 - 10 out of 10
  14. Apr 24, 2015
    This review is aimed to be for both episode 1 and 2.
    A 9 out of 10. Really great and interesting experience so far. I absolutely love everything it represents.
    The soundtrack and sound design is also nice. Though, I do have some serious suggestions you might want to look into: -Make Chloe progressively being less whiny and more sensible throughout the next episodes. To me David is
    This review is aimed to be for both episode 1 and 2.

-Make Chloe progressively being less whiny and more sensible throughout the next episodes. To me David is actually a caring step-father. It is kind of weird though, he installed camera in the rooms. Maybe Chloe has a split personality. Maybe Chloe is Rachel herself? lol
    -When Max sits down getting a monologue, make her think-talking a bit faster. Perhaps also add images vaguely sliding across the screen. After all, she's a visual type.
    -Make characters mention something you did good or bad in the previous day. (How's Kate Marsh?)
    -Episode 2 was a good balance between action and dialogue. Keep it up like that.

Other things I recommend doing:
    -Tweak the animation of guitar playing to match the strumming pattern. I'll pick up the guitar on next episode and see if you solved it.
    -Display the "photo" option, even when it's not the right angle. Max will say this out loud to make that clear to the player.
    -I want to be able to play the guitar outside the room. I want to see people reacting to Max's guitar playing.

Good luck!
  15. Jun 20, 2015
    Fantastic continuation of the first episode.
    Just as good, makes you want to come back for more.

Only issue I have is that our main protagonist, the day before being that super shy girl, developing too fast into a tough one.
    But I guess that's what superpowers do to you
  16. Oct 22, 2015
    Easily my favorite episode of the series that conveys the overarching point of the story and the underlying emotion intended better than the finale ever could. High point in the series for me.
  17. May 1, 2015
    I really enjoyed the first episode and enjoyed this one as well.
    Everything about this game is pretty awesome- story, graphics, music, the calmness of the game, the environment and settings, are all very well done and thought-about.
    I really enjoyed the first episode and enjoyed this one as well.
    The gameplay also rocks, I really enjoyed all the time-reversing sequences, and also the choices you can make which have different consequences throughout the game.

If only this episode wasn't almost completely a bit TOO slow and TOO calm for me, and wasn't flooded with street language or "teenz talkin' **** (like the first episode and perhaps the entire game) I'd give it a 1010.
  18. May 9, 2016
    Episode 2 of life is strange takes it from 0 to 100 really fricking fast. The game starts off as a cute high school drama but in like 2 hours your best friend gets shot, gets almost killed by a drug dealer, and gets run over by a train and another friend commits suicide by jumping off a roof. I was not mentally prepared to talk down a suicidal friend when i signed up for this game. Oh andEpisode 2 of life is strange takes it from 0 to 100 really fricking fast. The game starts off as a cute high school drama but in like 2 hours your best friend gets shot, gets almost killed by a drug dealer, and gets run over by a train and another friend commits suicide by jumping off a roof. I was not mentally prepared to talk down a suicidal friend when i signed up for this game. Oh and the rewind power you get doesn't work when you have to save her. But yeah all in all its pretty good. Once again great music, great visuals, great story. 10/10 Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 1, 2015
    For all its strides in pacing and character development, the same pitfalls that dogged its predecessor still lurk within. [June 2015, p.88]
  2. Games Master UK
    May 24, 2015
    By showing signs of what it can be, rather than what it wants to pretend to be, things are far improved. [June 2015, p.77]
  3. May 21, 2015
    It’s still easier to construct narrative contingency than to make it meaningful.