7.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 12, 2021
    This had potential to be the best Life is Strange game. There were times where I felt like that this was going to be the best but at the end it disappointed because let me tell you one thing. It's basically a copy of the First Life is Strange. I appreciate the graphics, the soundtrack and the characters but the plot is kinda disappointing and it's really short. This game may be better thanThis had potential to be the best Life is Strange game. There were times where I felt like that this was going to be the best but at the end it disappointed because let me tell you one thing. It's basically a copy of the First Life is Strange. I appreciate the graphics, the soundtrack and the characters but the plot is kinda disappointing and it's really short. This game may be better than Life is Strange 2 and Before the storm, but not as good as the very first one. I suggest to wait for a price drop. So much potential but wasted Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2021
    Played the original LiS before and never sequels (for the better I guess).

Saw a few positive LiS: TC reviews so I thought it was prime time to jump back in... I left somewhat mixed. PROS: - Great graphics w/ very stylish presentation - Amazing soundtrack & mood - Very authentic voice acting - Exceptional facial (subtle) animations - Core gameplay was good if you're into this
    Played the original LiS before and never sequels (for the better I guess).

PROS:
    - Great graphics w/ very stylish presentation
    - Amazing soundtrack & mood
    - Very authentic voice acting
    - Exceptional facial (subtle) animations
    - Core gameplay was good if you're into this kind of thing
    - Romance was spot on — not a lot of choice but what's given was good

CONS:
    - REALLY short — less than half of original LiS length & finished it in about 5-6 hours
    - Alex was well written but felt disconnected and very hard to relate
    - Much subtler story & about one's life so if you can relate, it's great but otherwise, you really won't care
    - Some choices are consequential while others felt like whatever

Overall decent, but just wish it was longer. I rarely complain about game's length but the full price ($60 in this case) for a game that you can beat in 5~6 hours — that's like $10-12/hour, which is a bit too much.

P.S. The "review bombing" thing is way blown out of proportion. This is not a major title & at the time of writing, there're only ~50 reviews and negative "review bombs" are less than 10 so it was probably a few people. There are twice more people complaining about "review bombing" than people who are supposedly doing it. And all these media coverage...uh, do you really want to call maybe 2-3 people complaining "review bombing"?
  3. Sep 14, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished playing this game and i have mixed reaction about it... this game is a little bit slow some times you may feels boor while playing this game but Don't stop playing.... because this game has a twist in the storyline that blowups youre miend.. i am going with 7 out 10 stars for this game. #GameIsLove Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2021
    The weakest and most boring game in the series. The plot is boring and not intriguing. All characters are boring and dull. Twin Mirror turned out to be much more interesting. The most memorable thing in this game is the Shu-Shu plush toy.
  5. Nov 9, 2021
    Worst of the trilogy. Incredibly boring and for a game about empathy, it was hard to have any with the main character.

The decisions, even though there are more of them, felt meaningless. The best part of this game was the mini-arcade games!
  6. Sep 13, 2021
    Boring and really short. Buy something better or wait this is too expensive for what you get.
  7. Sep 27, 2021
    J'ai l'impression que ce jeu contrairement a son prédécesseur Before the Storm a essayé de nous attacher à un lieux plutôt qu'à des personnages.
    De plus je trouve les personnages moin profond et réaliste, tout les personnages peuvent être résumé en 2 phrase: Qui sont t'il par rapport a Gabe (amis, patron,ect...)
    Quel est leur passion ( musique, nature, ect..) Avec ses 2 question on peut
    Quel est leur passion ( musique, nature, ect..)
    Avec ses 2 question on peut décrire tout les personnages sans raté grand chose d'important.
    Hormis gabe et alex tout les personnages font tres pnj. Malgré tout je me suis laissée porté par l'histoire et j'ai passé un bon moment dans cette ville et avec ses habitants.
    Pour moi Life Is Strange: True Colors est un bon jeu mais passe un peu a côté de son potentiel.
    Si vous pouvez y joue pour 30/35€ ca vaut le coût, au dela ca me paraît trop cher
  8. Mar 28, 2022
    game starts promising and then slowly loses steam and gets you nowhere. overall mediocre game
  9. Nov 11, 2021
    I was kind of disappointed with this game. I love the LIS franchise. I loved the first and second games. This one had beautiful graphics, but it felt lackluster. Everytime an episode ended I found myself saying "Barely anything even happened.." In the first two games there was so much exploration, so many conversations, so many choices and the chapters always felt soo long. This one feltI was kind of disappointed with this game. I love the LIS franchise. I loved the first and second games. This one had beautiful graphics, but it felt lackluster. Everytime an episode ended I found myself saying "Barely anything even happened.." In the first two games there was so much exploration, so many conversations, so many choices and the chapters always felt soo long. This one felt rushed, quick, I was upset to have been able to finish it in a single day. I also hated that we got to choose who to date but we never got to experience any game play pertaining to the relationship after choosing. There just wasn't much to do or interact with.How do you go from traveling cross country in LIS 2 to limiting us to a single block in the 3rd installment? On top of that, there could've absolutely been more scenes in areas outside of this block. I honestly feel like I played a mini game and that I basically paid just for good graphics and not actual gameplay. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 7, 2021
    True Colors came with a great change, a one time release instead of an episodic one. The story, characters and other elements are at their root. True Life is Strange experience with a focus on trauma, life and what we make of it.
  2. Oct 1, 2021
    True Colors takes advantage of the new generation platforms to present the best looking Life is Strange game yet, and as a result the player feels more connected to the characters and the overall story telling quality also improves. But other than this, the latest Deck Nine's game doesn't have much more to offer.
  3. Oct 1, 2021
    A gripping story, beautiful landscapes and convincing characters. Life is Strange: True Colors looks very promising, but still this game could not fully convince us due to the slow pace and sluggish dialogues.