8.6

1. Jan 23, 2016
    Further proof that video games can tell emotionally engaging stories and present relatable characters. Superb voice acting, beautiful art design, a smooth score, and good use of licensed music all help to make this story game one worth playing. If you are looking to take a break from the usual RPGs and shooters, then I recommend you start with Life is Strange.
  2. Dec 29, 2016
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 78/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10

Lohnenswert? = Ja.
    Fortsetzung erwünscht? = Sollte ohne Nachfolger sein.
  3. Jun 20, 2017
    Got this game for free recently.
    I played it thinking I would quit since it seems to be another classic lesbian teen story. I was so wrong !
    The gameplay is actually entertaining, has original game mechanics, puzzles, hard decisions, beautiful art and immersive storyline. Now I don't really like the concept of making people buy episodes since it is a complete story, as well as the
    Got this game for free recently.

Now I don't really like the concept of making people buy episodes since it is a complete story, as well as the last bit of the game, which is a bit predictable.

About the replay value.. well.. since you can rewind and see most options, it's most likely a one-shot.

I recommend this game to people who want a different gaming experience, a nice storyline but who were disappointed with some games like Gone Home, or the telltales games.
  4. Oct 11, 2016
    This game has very interesting gameplay. While not as much control over the story as they lead to believe. It is remarkably engaging. It felt like you were a character in the middle of a mysterious television series on Netflix. Lots of teen angst and cursing. The story unfolds slowly but once through the first episode, the pieces tie together and you are hooked.
  5. Sep 15, 2017
    A masterpiece in gaming culture and story crafting and deserves your purchase RIGHT NOW !

plot= 10/10: explores video game and societal taboos as well as crafting a story based on multiple intricate themes as well as also building up human and empathetic character arcs and realistic situations that felt written by humans and corporate drones just making up dialogue as the go along.

gameplay=7/10: The game play incorporates the use of time travel which forms a different type of choice genre which i kind of wish was used more however i was not because it wouldn't feel unique. The game play uses this feature to make non repetitive and can be used for a variety of things and doesn't look like its trying too hard and more like its experimental. The element of choice in this game actually makes an influence on later dialogue and situations which really makes it seems that you must plan carefully more than any telltale game combined.

those emotions tho such as the endings of an episode: 0/10 for the pain, 10/10 for the writing of them

overall this game is a must for gamers and non gamers
  6. May 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you can live with consistency errors and care for an emotional journey, then Life is Strange is perfect for you.

As a cinematic movie/interactive movie game alá Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Fahrenheit, et cetera Life is Strange does not have too much gameplay behind it. But for me personally it is just enough. The bit that you can do helps you getting emotionally invested in the life of Max Caulfield who really does care the most about her relationship with her best friend. While exploring this relationship it truly shows what kind of a person Max is, what she would go through, what she can and cannot accept and with a really beautiful, relaxing soundtrack and artstyle it is one of a kind.

Contra: Life is Strange does not know what it wants to be. It starts of acting like it deals with the Grandfather Consistency Paradox (Overwriting Reality to make place for another one) and then mid-story swaps out for the Multiversal Alternate Timeline Explanation. But it does never actually explain "oh, yes, it is that way instead", it just treats it like that and not even consistently because it stil talks about "changing time" once in a while and that is a mis-use of the word in this context normally. Also, while a consistency paradox has its problems as you cannot overwrite the reality you come from (yes, not even turn around a pebble as it still is another reality) keeping this version of time manipulation would have been better for the story because narration-wise alternate timelines are pretty inconsequential for the point the story is so often trying to make. Nevertheless I have played through Life is Strange very often and I really can say this is a game people should at east have played once.
  7. Aug 25, 2017
    Tried this game as it looked intruiging and then got hooked. By the time i completed it it turned out to be one of the best games i've played in the last ten years, straight up. It's emotioanlly heavy as well as fin, inventive, humorous, gut wrenching and uses time travel and manipulation as a hinge, and cleverly at that.
    Never thought i'd be so interested in playing a female student
    Never thought i'd be so interested in playing a female student living in a dorm and studying photography. It's different for sure, and that's what makes it unique.

Great graphics, controls, interactions, storylines, chapter cliffhangers and a terriffic soundtrack.

Only negatives really are no replay value and it's not widely known enough!

Give yourself some depth away from the shooters and racers and see how much more games are really capable of with Life is Strange.
  8. Apr 28, 2018
    I'm really surprised on how good this game was! It was an amazing ride! You can feel the character and Square Enix did a good job with that! Easily one of the best episodic game created!
  9. Sep 29, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a damn masterpiece dude its so freaking awesome! The game has insanely awesome story!!!! Its story is so awesome and emotional. The both endings are sad but are great this game from the beginning chapter to its final chapter always amazed me!! End of every chapter had something awesome that made people eager for whats to come in the next chapter! A must play game every gamer should play it!! Expand
  10. May 20, 2017
    This game is a masterpiece. At the beginning, I thought it was just a kind of teen drama, based on the importance of friendship and on the story of a typical geek bullied at school. But it goes over.
    First of all the less interesting part, the graphics, they are quite good but similar to those of a PS3 game, even though they improve a little in the last chapters.
    But the story is
    But the story is absolutely captivating and the plot depends highly on your choices during the whole game.
    It's not just the story of a shy teenager who's attending a new school trying to make new friendships, there is a big mystery to solve about a disappeared girl and other important decisions to make, as the protagonist finds out to have a strong power: she can rewind time. You can choose when rewinding time, changing your decisions, your actions, your words. It makes the game more interesting and in the end there are just two crucial choices to take which really makes you feel bad. I appreciate the realistic dialogues, situations and troubles linked to her supernatural power.
    I like the story because since the beginning it makes you feel anxious and you want always to know how it will end. I absolutely love also the theme songs during the game, especially in the chapters finals.
    The gameplay, being an interactive drama, is quite basic, you just have to walk and press buttons when required. You definitely put yourself in the main character's shoes and this is what I loved the most in this amazing game, I think it is a masterpiece, unluckily one of the most undervalued games.
  11. May 25, 2016
    Fantastic story, visuals, and choices. I haven't consumed a piece in a long time that strung a strong emotional reaction like Life is Strange did. The characters act like real people, and its easy to find one you can relate to. It is anything but a "walking simulator." The game is so much fun to play. A tip: approach this game with patience and give it your full attention. Oh, and don'tFantastic story, visuals, and choices. I haven't consumed a piece in a long time that strung a strong emotional reaction like Life is Strange did. The characters act like real people, and its easy to find one you can relate to. It is anything but a "walking simulator." The game is so much fun to play. A tip: approach this game with patience and give it your full attention. Oh, and don't forget a box of tissues :( Expand
  12. Feb 6, 2016
    When you first start the game, the dialog can seem a bit cheesy. But, give it time, and you'll get used to how they speak. Once you get past that initial hurtle, the game sucks you into the story. I beat all the episodes within 2 days - I was hooked.
  13. Feb 23, 2016
    This is the only interactive story -type game I have ever liked. Granted, the first two episodes were mostly me trying to unstuck my permanently rolled-back eyes, Episode 3 really picked up the pace.

That is to say, do not be discouraged by the teenage hipster BS that is Episode 1 and 2, but just play until the end. The story is superb, although heavily influenced by not so recent movies and books (no spoiler review). The game is not hard, or even challenging, but by the time the end credits in Episode 5 roll on your screen, you are glad you spent the 8-or-so hours on this game.
  14. Jun 9, 2017
    Life is Strange is not only a video game, it is a work of art. The story is told so well and the characters are interesting enough to make it feel like a TV show. The game is even structured in various episodes for this very reason. Early on it will pull you in like a good Netflix binge except in this case you get to actually interact with the characters and the world around you. You playLife is Strange is not only a video game, it is a work of art. The story is told so well and the characters are interesting enough to make it feel like a TV show. The game is even structured in various episodes for this very reason. Early on it will pull you in like a good Netflix binge except in this case you get to actually interact with the characters and the world around you. You play as main protagonist Max Caulfield, who wields the ability to rewind time. You are able to use this ability throughout most of the game to change choices you made or things you said. This creates a very interesting and unique gameplay experience unlike any other game out there. The story also touches on many important life themes that will cause it to stay with you for a long time. And finally the characters are also very memorable and will most likely resonate with you as well. If you enjoy story telling in games and unique gameplay experiences I would highly recommend Life is Strange. Expand
  15. Jun 12, 2017
    First time? when i opened Life is Strange on my PS4, i did not sleep about 2 nights , i wanted to play it forever, there is so good atmosphere, a storyline is so interesting and exiting. This is first time, when i felt something in my hearth of game , i wanted to cry and laugh and today i was watching E3 Microsoft. I saw Life is Strange:Before the Storm and i am crying 2 hours , do notFirst time? when i opened Life is Strange on my PS4, i did not sleep about 2 nights , i wanted to play it forever, there is so good atmosphere, a storyline is so interesting and exiting. This is first time, when i felt something in my hearth of game , i wanted to cry and laugh and today i was watching E3 Microsoft. I saw Life is Strange:Before the Storm and i am crying 2 hours , do not know. After that game , i want to be a photographer , and i will. I want to say thank you so much to Dontnod Ent. and Square Enix Expand
  16. Sep 5, 2017
    I have to say that this is a wonderful game,the most wonderful one I have ever played.The true friendship between Chloe and Max really moved me through the whole game,the beautiful emotionally engaging stories,the smooth plots and the wonderful music all make this game better.You gotta find out that your decisions are all meaningfully and you will experience the thing you might neverI have to say that this is a wonderful game,the most wonderful one I have ever played.The true friendship between Chloe and Max really moved me through the whole game,the beautiful emotionally engaging stories,the smooth plots and the wonderful music all make this game better.You gotta find out that your decisions are all meaningfully and you will experience the thing you might never experienced.In a word,Life is Strange is worth to be played. Expand
  17. Jul 1, 2018
    This review is written in 2018 and i still replay this game over and over. The character develpment is amazing, the attetion to detail is astouding, the graphics are so good that I was lost in the game world, the story is so emotional, if you haven't played then shame on you, I would totally recomend!
  18. Jan 30, 2016
    I really enjoyed this game. I am confident I will remember the game years from now, and I can only hope we find more games from all publishers like this in the future. I enjoyed the female protagonist, the Telltale-influences gameplay, and beautifully created world. It is not just a "walking simulator" like Gone Home (which I also enjoyed), and has more depth than The Walking Dead or TheI really enjoyed this game. I am confident I will remember the game years from now, and I can only hope we find more games from all publishers like this in the future. I enjoyed the female protagonist, the Telltale-influences gameplay, and beautifully created world. It is not just a "walking simulator" like Gone Home (which I also enjoyed), and has more depth than The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us.

The time rewind feature adds an interesting twist to adventure gameplay. It doesn't feel like "cheating" because although you might know the immediate consequences of your decision, you can't rewind past maybe 30 seconds and you can't see how these things will affect the future.
  19. Jan 19, 2016
    A stellar example of story telling and a proof that there are no limits of what videogames can achieve. If you like telltale, you will love this! If you like great stories and characters, you will love this! If you have a heart, you will love this!
  20. Feb 1, 2016
    By far one of the best choice driven narratives I have played (surpassing Telltale's Game of Thrones). The choices feel as though they have real weight despite your ability to rewind time, and the games very subtle yet not so subtle under-theme of destiny and fate make the narrative that much more engrossing. With characters that the player can get attached to and relate to (because theyBy far one of the best choice driven narratives I have played (surpassing Telltale's Game of Thrones). The choices feel as though they have real weight despite your ability to rewind time, and the games very subtle yet not so subtle under-theme of destiny and fate make the narrative that much more engrossing. With characters that the player can get attached to and relate to (because they feel like real people most of the time) make the emotional highs, lows and in-betweens that much more potent. Expand
  21. May 4, 2016
    Simply astonishing.
    Brilliant story telling, appealing characters and an awesome soundtrack make this game as the best narrative game i've ever played. Thank you so much for all those feelings. Telltale, you have found your master, it's Dontnod.
  22. Feb 7, 2016
    It's not a perfect game for sure, but that being said, I liked this more than I did the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us (which I also enjoyed). It felt like a breath of fresh air in the narrative-driven adventure game series, hell, it's even an original IP. Sure, the voice acting can be a bit hit or miss, as can the lip-syncing, but to me it didn't detract too much from the experience (plusIt's not a perfect game for sure, but that being said, I liked this more than I did the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us (which I also enjoyed). It felt like a breath of fresh air in the narrative-driven adventure game series, hell, it's even an original IP. Sure, the voice acting can be a bit hit or miss, as can the lip-syncing, but to me it didn't detract too much from the experience (plus they've released a patch to improve the performance of the game including animations so that should probably fix that up). I won't lie, I did tear up at the end (choose the right ending folks, you know which one it is when you get to it). Expand
  23. Feb 2, 2016
    Analise em Português(Brasil)
    Life is Strange é um jogo diferente do que conhecemos nos jogos de escolhas, podemos citar exemplos de jogos produzidos pela Telltale Games, Como as temporadas de The Walking Dead ou Tales from the Borderleands, porém, Life is Strange é um universo completamente diferente, totalmente criativo e com um enredo fantástico
    Life is Strange conta a historia de uma
    Analise em Português(Brasil)
    Life is Strange conta a historia de uma jovem Mulher de 18 anos chamada Max Caufield, que volta para Arcadia Bay para estudar numa Academia de Fotografia, e em seu prologo, ela salva uma moça chamada Chloe, sua antiga amiga de infância que ela não se fala desde os 13 anos, quando se mudou, salvando-a de tomar um tiro de Natan Prescott, um jovem rico muito poderoso, estendendo o braço, fazendo voltar no tempo, ela consegue reverter a situação e salvar Chloe
    Cada Personagem tem sua historia muito interessante , porém, há personagens em que a historia poderia ser mais bem desenvolvida, mas são poucos, como o Daniel, um garoto que sofre bullying, mas são poucos personagens que acontece isso, mas a proposta do jogo foi realmente esta, para que a ambientação do game esteja de acordo, uma escola grande, com diversos alunos, e difícil realmente fazer muito contato, já que Max não é realmente uma garota muito popular
    A trilha Sonora, Ambientação e o Enredo com certeza são os pontos cruciais do game, A trilha sonora feita pela Square Enix/Dontnod foi escolhida a dedos, com cada musica e ambiente perfeitos para o momento
    A Ambientação em qualquer lugar foi espetacular, nos quartos/dormitórios, Na escola, Lixão e entre outros lugares não há o que reclamar
    Enredo há algumas ressalvas, como tem momentos que eles poderiam ter explicado melhor as ações dos personagens e porque, principalmente no seu ultimo capitulo
    Os gráficos são bons, com certeza poderiam ter melhorado, e as vezes podemos ver bugs, mas poucas vezes
    O fator de escolhas é o ponto baixo, mas de maneira relativa, dentro do contexto geral da historia, é MUITO IMPORTANTE, mas para o final, isso não muda, tem dois finais, e você escolhe no momento
    Opinião Importante: O jogo atualmente foi lançado em mídia física no valor de 40 Dolares (Dificilmente vi ela no Brasil) e no ML apenas por 200/230, Então, comprem em mídia digital por 40 Reais todos os episódios, Oficialmente na PlayStation Store, e lançaram a atualização pra ter Legendas em Português, e isso é Muito Bom
    Enfim, minha Nota é 8,8
  24. Jan 28, 2016
    This game really blew me away. The only warning I'd have to someone looking into it would be that if you really don't soft indie music or artsy teens talking about photography, there is gonna be a big hurdle to jump. That said, despite its frilly exterior, the game reaches a level of darkness and sci-fi mind-f---ing as your journey unwinds up there with the twiglight zone and black mirror.This game really blew me away. The only warning I'd have to someone looking into it would be that if you really don't soft indie music or artsy teens talking about photography, there is gonna be a big hurdle to jump. That said, despite its frilly exterior, the game reaches a level of darkness and sci-fi mind-f---ing as your journey unwinds up there with the twiglight zone and black mirror. The writing is great and the rewind feature is both rewarding to use and works as unique method of seamless character development. You'll find yourself strangely attached to characters you'd written off. This game is a true work of art that will play with your expectations and preconceptions. Expand
  25. Mar 3, 2016
    Without a doubt, this is one of the best narrative and story telling games, decisions have a real impact on the history and although you can rewind back at times, you won't allways be able to.

You may feel or not identified with the main characters, but the fact that they seem real persons with their emotions, problems and internal conflicts it's simply amazing and makes this game what it is, a great title.

The art design, sound effects, the soundtrack, narrative, everything is beautiful and emotionally engaging.

If you want to get away from your comfort zone with shooters, RPGs or other AAA games, and you have already enjoyed titles like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls or Until Dawn, you should give this game a try, you won't regret it.
  26. Feb 8, 2016
    Beautiful, lyrical and smart, Life is Strange draws you in with emotionally engaging characters and a great storyline. No twitch reflexes needed. Just bring your heart and your mind.
  27. Feb 24, 2016
    This is the first ever game to make me cry!
    It somehow feels wrong to call it a game.
    There's a few niggles and a couple of boring bits, but they barely affected my enjoyment.
  28. Mar 4, 2017
    Never in my 24 years of gaming has a game affected me on this level. I am absolutely flabbergasted and emotionally drained from this game. Only a monster could make it through this game with a dry eye. I bought this on sale on the PSN store, and after I beat it I instantly went and bought the physical limited edition. No regrets.
  29. Feb 8, 2016
    Life is Strange propels the medium of story-telling in games to new heights. Games like this mark the beginning of a new era. With the shift to open-world elements in games(I'm looking at you Metal Gear Solid 5 ) I'm happy to see that there is still a big focus on engaging story-telling and cinematics.
  30. Feb 13, 2016
    9.5/10 Amazing game with an amazing story, it has really hard choices that puts the player on the edge, also, it is amazing to see how the game changes and how much emotions are compressed into 5 episodes
  31. Mar 9, 2016
    Life is Strange is honestly a perfect game. Beginning my journey, i thought the game was just a knock off of The Walking Dead series due to the choices and consequences system. I couldn't have been more wrong. Life is Strange focuses on tough decisions that I could drive anyone nuts! Therefor, you actually feel a strong connection to your character, Max. The story line is great and eachLife is Strange is honestly a perfect game. Beginning my journey, i thought the game was just a knock off of The Walking Dead series due to the choices and consequences system. I couldn't have been more wrong. Life is Strange focuses on tough decisions that I could drive anyone nuts! Therefor, you actually feel a strong connection to your character, Max. The story line is great and each episode (5) leaves you with a beautiful cliffhanger. Not many developers can set a story so emotional. If you love to explore and not run through games, you should try this great creation. Expand
  32. Jan 11, 2017
    Masterpiece 10/10. Best game ever created.
    best game best game best game best game best game best game best game best game.
    A Unique Brilliant Game.
  33. Jan 7, 2017
    One of the most beautiful stories that I ever enjoyed in a videogame. Strong and interesing characters, charming setting and great storytelling and dialogues. True fans of the genre might argue that it is too linear and it is probably true. But for all the other players, and especially for those who look for truly meaningful and well written stories, it is a gem that has no comparison inOne of the most beautiful stories that I ever enjoyed in a videogame. Strong and interesing characters, charming setting and great storytelling and dialogues. True fans of the genre might argue that it is too linear and it is probably true. But for all the other players, and especially for those who look for truly meaningful and well written stories, it is a gem that has no comparison in this medium. Expand
  34. Jan 11, 2017
    AMAZING GAME. 10/10 MUSIC, HISTORY, CHARACTERS.. A game made with much affection and dedication.
    Thanks to DONTNOD for making a wonderful experience. The game I most connected to by far. Beautiful and Devastating is what it is Life is Strange.
    FOR ME WITH THE WITCHER 3 THE GOTY 2015
  35. Jun 20, 2017
    As a guy that plays mostly fps games, I can safely say this is one of the best games I have ever played. This is the first game that has legitimately brought me to tears. It is a once in a lifetime experience that will ruin all other games for you. I wish I could rewind and play this game for the first time again.
  36. Mar 7, 2016
    'Life Is Strange' is the best-written computer game I've ever come across. Game play and cinematics are a bit ho-hum, but the writing pays for all. You can't find a better use for $20!
  37. Mar 12, 2016
    Such a great story about great and etarnal friendship. It`s a so strong emotional story, like The last of us : Left Behind dlc. This game touch me so deep, so now... I can never forget the SuperMax and Chloe with her unforgetable blue hairs.
  38. Jun 10, 2017
    Basically a playable TV show with 5 episodes, but with a really good story, nice setting (I felt strong Twin Peaks vibe, which is never a bad thing) and overall I enjoyed the entire experience quite a bit. Of course in terms of gameplay, it's nothing to write home about and performance/optimization could be better, but compared to similar Telltale stuff, I would say that this is 1 stepBasically a playable TV show with 5 episodes, but with a really good story, nice setting (I felt strong Twin Peaks vibe, which is never a bad thing) and overall I enjoyed the entire experience quite a bit. Of course in terms of gameplay, it's nothing to write home about and performance/optimization could be better, but compared to similar Telltale stuff, I would say that this is 1 step better and I hope to see more material like this from the Dontnot dev team. 8/10 Expand
  39. Oct 1, 2016
    If you've ever played anything from Telltale Games, you know what to expect from Dontnod's Life is Strange. Wander around, talk to people, make a decision that will have consequences here and there, rinse and repeat until you beat the game.

When the game began, I had to laugh at some of the design choices. All kids in this game are hipsters with poor fashion sense, and they all use ridiculously bad slang. The game is littered with references to popular internet memes like doge and 'Y U NO' guy. It's gonna age terribly as a result as well. I got over that pretty soon, though, because the story is genuinely interesting. By the end of the first (free) episode I was dying to find out what happens next and quickly rushed to buy the season's pass.

The game centers around Max Caulfield, a talented teenage photographer who suddenly gains the power to rewind time. She has to use this power and stop a giant tornado that's going to hit her home town in a few days. Of course it's not that simple, and there are many people whose lives will be changed (and potentially ruined) by her actions forever.

The characters are a bit hit and miss. It's easy to connect with Max. She's a shy, quiet, slightly awkward loner who's being bullied by the mean popular girl. Her voice actress is also pretty good. The quality of the rest of the voice actors is all over the place. Some of them are genuinely good. Some of them sound like they've never done any voice work before. The character of Kate Marsh in particular was very annoying to me. She is one of the major characters, has a tragic backstory and is an interesting character, but her voice is whiny and her delivery unconvincing. You're supposed to feel bad and care for her, but I just wanted her to shut up every time she opened her mouth.

The music is alright. Most of the ambient tracks feature a guitar (an instrument Max plays), and there are a few licensed songs from bands I've never heard of in my life. I'm not a fan of this style, but I didn't hate it.

Visually LiS is less than impressive. The graphics are bad, plain and simple. It's not the ugliest game I've ever played, but it definitely doesn't look like something that was originally released in 2015. There's a lot of clipping and weird animation glitches, and the swimming pool scene in Episode 3 was so poorly done it was actually distracting. It easily looked like something from early 2000's. Again, it's the story that matters, not the graphics, but I feel it's still worth mentioning.

Unlike TTG games, LiS offers a much greater degree of freedom. It's mostly good. You can wander around and look for meme-related Easter eggs and hidden photographic opportunities (there's a trophy for that), but there were a few moments where I was running around like a headless chicken, trying to figure out where to go next. The godawful junkyard scene from Episode 2 immediately comes to mind. Your choices also aren't set in stone. If you don't like the outcome of your actions, rewind and choose a different option.

Overall, Life is Strange is a decent game. There are technical hiccups here and there, and - being an indie title - it's simply not as polished as a AAA game would be. In its center is a gripping story, a bunch of interesting (if poorly voiced) characters, and some real, raw emotions. Definitely worth a play.

As a side note: if you've never played this game before and are only just considering it, please do yourself a favor and avoid anything that could contain spoilers. I had the ending spoiled for me and it did ruin the game a little.
  40. May 28, 2017
    The more I think about this game, the more I like it. With great characters and engaging story (not to mention the cool soundtrack), Life is Strange is a voyage well worth boarding.
  41. Dec 23, 2017
    This game has soul. Intense since the beginning until the end.
    Great storyline, deep and sad.
  42. Jun 4, 2018
    Amazing game, highly artistic, breathtaking story, good gameplay. The proof that even with a basic engine and without fancy graphics you can make a masterpiece.
  43. Feb 3, 2018
    Beautiful, memorable, instant classic, has soul, great plot and characters, superb music and art, one of the best feelings ... and Final trash
  44. Apr 5, 2017
    I made an account here JUST to review this game.

For the record, I went into life is strange not expecting that much. I'm sure you already know about the plot of the game (You are Max, a teenager in high school who gets the ability to rewind time, and shape the future.) This is my new favorite game of all time. This is coming from someone who is obsessed with uncharted, last of
    I made an account here JUST to review this game.

For the record, I went into life is strange not expecting that much.

This is my new favorite game of all time. This is coming from someone who is obsessed with uncharted, last of us, GTA, but I also appreciate hidden gem indie games as well.

You fall in love with the characters and the world in this game. The first episode is amazing, but just like in tv shows, where things get crazy in the finale, things end up getting CRAZY in the later episodes, and when an episode ends, it feels like a breaking bad moment where you NEED to start the next episode immediately.

If anyone has given this game bad reviews because of the graphics or lip syncing, then they're too picky. Life is strange's environment is amazing. The sense of atmosphere you get from wandering it's world is so real its almost scary. The score is so professionally done, I felt like I was playing a Hollywood movie. Yes, the lip syncing isn't perfect (the game was made on a small budget) but it clearly doesn't hurt the game, as the story and characters are the best thing about the game! I think it bothered me for the firs 5 minutes but then I got past it easily, and just kind of becomes part of the style of the game.

The story is legit amazing, I guarentee you will fall in love with this game if you like story driven games. It's a high school simulator but feels like it was written by the creators of black mirror or something.

Truly special game..

PRAYING FOR A SEQUEL TO BE ANNOUNCED E3 2017!

This game made me cry multiple times. The feels are real!

Also: This is very different from the telltale games. Way better in my opinion :)
  45. Nov 28, 2017
    This was one of the best story mode games i have ever played (behind the last of us). Its mecanics work good but alot of times the lip sinc is way off, but the story is so so good that i can over look that. I went into this game with low expetitions but it blew me away. I highly suggest you get it or play episode 1 for free from the ps store.
  46. Jan 21, 2016
    Life is strange is a great narrative based game, with some nail biting decisions to make. The main storyline is mostly ridiculous, but what is amazing is the characterisation and development of the smaller details that underpin it. It looks a bit rough in places, like a PS3 game and at times, the dialogue and story feels a bit 'Emo' with it's teen angst and constant whining sidekick, butLife is strange is a great narrative based game, with some nail biting decisions to make. The main storyline is mostly ridiculous, but what is amazing is the characterisation and development of the smaller details that underpin it. It looks a bit rough in places, like a PS3 game and at times, the dialogue and story feels a bit 'Emo' with it's teen angst and constant whining sidekick, but if you can get past that, it's well worth playing. The final two episodes in particular are nothing short of gripping.The time control mechanic is really well implemented and there were a couple of puzzles later in the game that had me scratching my head for a few minutes. Aside from the occasional time rewind puzzle, there doesn't feel like a tremendous amount of actual gameplay here, it's mostly walking around, moving objects, pressing X now and again and making dialogue decisions. However - the level of intrigue the storyline creates through the decisions you make quell that to a degree. It is a fantastic game and even though I finished it months ago, I often find myself thinking about some of the twists and turns it creates as the story unfolds. Expand
  47. Mar 5, 2016
    Life is Strange is much like the Telltale games, minus all the quick time events, and you have the ability to easily redo choices via the core game-play mechanic.

Story-wise, it is very 'chill' in the first few episodes, which could be a bad thing for certain audiences but for me it was an unique experience. This is the first game that made me want to just...let the main character lay in bed with the sun in her face and listen to music for minutes before pressing that button to make her get up. It's all so peaceful and serene. At the same time, it is grim, dark and even straight up creepy.
    Very well written characters and script, wonderfully delivered by the VAs. Not much else to ask for in these type of games.

If you don't hate interactive drama type of games, give this game a shot.
  48. Mar 6, 2016
    Life is Strange, no quería que te acabaras ya que sabia que me quedaría el vació, de y ahora que?. La trama tan intrigante y emocional desde sus primeros minutos de juego hasta los últimos del juego. Como todas las decisiones que uno toma en el juego afectan tu pasado, tu presente y tu futuro, tu relación con cada uno de los personajes e incluso su destino. Ame a las protagonistas desdeLife is Strange, no quería que te acabaras ya que sabia que me quedaría el vació, de y ahora que?. La trama tan intrigante y emocional desde sus primeros minutos de juego hasta los últimos del juego. Como todas las decisiones que uno toma en el juego afectan tu pasado, tu presente y tu futuro, tu relación con cada uno de los personajes e incluso su destino. Ame a las protagonistas desde principio a fin Max con su personalidad tan pura y siempre queriendo ayudar a los demás y Chloe tan explosiva e impulsiva. Los múltiples juegos de palabras que mencionan en todo el juego. "Release the kra-can!", como también las muchísimas referencias a juegos, películas y series.
    El juego te enseña las consecuencias de lo peligroso que es jugar con el tiempo. Al principio del juego Max,tiene una premonición del futuro donde un gigantesco tornado va arrasar con su pueblo. Seguido de esto descubre que tiene el don de rebobinar el tiempo cuando ve como matan a una extraña muchacha de cabello y por el susto regresa el tiempo para salvarla.
    Así es como empieza esta historia donde tienes que lidiar con ser la nueva en la escuela, descubrir el misterio de la desaparición de una estudiante y tu nuevo don. Es muy difícil poderle plasmar tantas emociones, tienen que jugarlo se los recomiendo.
    El soundtrack es maravilloso.
  49. Mar 14, 2016
    First episode was a little slow but the game really picked up as the episodes progressed very likeable characters and some excellent voice acting from the whole cast while some may find the ending a disappointment I found it summed up life perfectly

Graphics: 9/10 Arcadia Bay, Blackwell Academy and the surrounding areas look amazing character design is also top notch as well

Gameplay: 9/10

Story:10/10 Great story that gets you hooked and eager to start the next chapter so much so I ended playing through all five episodes in the same day.
  50. Feb 15, 2016
    Limited Edition Review, at the first moment, you will feel this game like a Twilight story, but then you will face the butterfly effect and everything is going to change, is a great story full of choices that you can reverse and have different scenarios, this editions includes a OST on disc, but not with a great art on it, and a art book that is the journal of the main character, this isLimited Edition Review, at the first moment, you will feel this game like a Twilight story, but then you will face the butterfly effect and everything is going to change, is a great story full of choices that you can reverse and have different scenarios, this editions includes a OST on disc, but not with a great art on it, and a art book that is the journal of the main character, this is nice! A must have and for a cheap price Expand
  51. Feb 4, 2016
    It's VERY good.
    It's VERY good.
    Life is Strange may not be as good as The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, but it's still great. Max and Chloe are likable and relatable characters that not alot of video games try to do. The game itself is a beauty; enchanting visuals, an engaging story, and some moments that may not get you crying, but they'll get you emotional. The game still follows the Choose Your Own Adventure style, however with a mechanic that lets you rewind back a few seconds, letting you go back and see what else you can do, such as saving somebody, seeing what else may happen, etc. Obviously you can't rewind between episodes, and there are some moments where your power is stripped away, and you've only got one shot to do something. It's a very enjoyable game, however no game is without it's flaws. For example, the stealth sections are stupid; they have no additional add-ins such as distractions, it's just you running from cover-to-cover at the right time; it's not actual stealth. In fact, anything other than exploration is just a mess; I think i'd be better to include some puzzles rather than having some thrown in and have them be lackluster. It's a beautiful, touching and messy game, but I recommend it to anybody looking for a great experience.

Life is Strange gets an 8/10.
  52. Mar 31, 2016
    After a few recent disappointments (MG5, Fallout 4 and Unchartered 3) I was beginning to wonder if I had finally outgrown video games. I am thankful I took a chance on Life is Strange as it hands down beats the previously mentioned AAA titles. It is not necessarily my type of game however the characters and story really sucked me in. I will not say much more except if your getting a bitAfter a few recent disappointments (MG5, Fallout 4 and Unchartered 3) I was beginning to wonder if I had finally outgrown video games. I am thankful I took a chance on Life is Strange as it hands down beats the previously mentioned AAA titles. It is not necessarily my type of game however the characters and story really sucked me in. I will not say much more except if your getting a bit sick of AAA cash in's then take a chance on LOS and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  53. Mar 14, 2016
    *WARNING, MINOR SPOILER ABOUT THE ENDING! NOTHING SPECIFIC BUT MORE ABOUT THE MECHANICS OF IT*

Bought this game recently and just finished up so now I feel is the best time to talk about what I think of the game! This game is definitely a breath of fresh air; it is a pretty original concept but it does have a couple of flaws. Starting with the good...The voice acting is actually

This game is definitely a breath of fresh air; it is a pretty original concept but it does have a couple of flaws. Starting with the good...The voice acting is actually pretty good, was not expecting to see performances of this level in a game like this that had little to no publicity. Characters and setting were really believable and you genuinely cared how the major decisions were going to affect them over the course of the game. Runs smooth with the seamless integration of time reversing. Music fit the atmosphere perfectly.

I can go on and on with the good but now I feel as though I should address the bad because, being that a sequel has been confirmed, these are issues that I hope are looked at and improved upon in the future... No lip syncing, its a small issue but it can really break immersion at times. There are quite a bit of plot holes that one can easily walk through if thought about enough. The ending was pretty badly executed, I wished that my actions and decisions would culminate into a worthy ending and not just choosing which ending I want (I still absolutely loved the journey to the end, but the end itself did leave a little bit of a sour taste due to its execution).

To sum up, I loved the game and I see the potential there for the sequel (sadly, it will have a different set of characters this time around!) and I am definitely excited to see what DONTNOD has planned for us in this potentially new series!
  54. Feb 27, 2016
    Totally recommended. The story is great, music and graphics are fine. This is a new idea of game, innovation, which is very needed now days. Worth to play it!
  55. May 16, 2016
    Outstanding game that shows what's possible in this medium. Great art and music, incredible writing including mood-setting and cliffhangers for a game. I hope more studios will adopt a similar approach (episodic story centric games). Dialog sometimes a bit emo but highly appropriate given who the characters are. Played through in one weekend, a welcome contrast to my usual destinyOutstanding game that shows what's possible in this medium. Great art and music, incredible writing including mood-setting and cliffhangers for a game. I hope more studios will adopt a similar approach (episodic story centric games). Dialog sometimes a bit emo but highly appropriate given who the characters are. Played through in one weekend, a welcome contrast to my usual destiny sessions!

The noteworthy aspect of the writing is the fearlessness with which normally taboo subjects are integrated (not as a big "look at us being rebels" signal, but as natural aspects of things that happen in life is strange).
  56. Nov 9, 2016
    A game for those searching for a drama-story. It's easy to get hooked along with the characters. The pace is okay, never gets boring. To be able to rewind time is an awesome feature, but it kind of breaks the immersion. And by the time I had finished the game, I felt the last episode kind of ruined the experience somewhat. Even managed to get stuck in time-rewind phase where one "badguy"A game for those searching for a drama-story. It's easy to get hooked along with the characters. The pace is okay, never gets boring. To be able to rewind time is an awesome feature, but it kind of breaks the immersion. And by the time I had finished the game, I felt the last episode kind of ruined the experience somewhat. Even managed to get stuck in time-rewind phase where one "badguy" constantly held a flashlight towards me, no matter how far back i rewinded time. In the end I was magically teleported to a safe zone. It's def not a 10 point game. But overall, I was happy with the story/game. Expand
  57. Apr 29, 2016
    A fantastic story-based adventure with serious depth. Better than most Telltale games. It is also visually gorgeous and it has an appropriate soundtrack. Occasionally slow-paced but delivers all the way.
  58. Jul 19, 2018
    Life Is Strange is a game that I like, and a tale I adore. It's a graphic-adventure game, a modern-day successor to the point-click adventure; you spend most of your time interacting with objects, talking to NPCs, solving simple puzzles, or walking around searching for the next item / NPC / puzzle. To give you an idea of what you'll be up against: in Episode 1, two of the biggestLife Is Strange is a game that I like, and a tale I adore. It's a graphic-adventure game, a modern-day successor to the point-click adventure; you spend most of your time interacting with objects, talking to NPCs, solving simple puzzles, or walking around searching for the next item / NPC / puzzle. To give you an idea of what you'll be up against: in Episode 1, two of the biggest challenges are 'get past some rude girls blocking a doorway', and 'find a place to hide from your friend's rude stepfather'. It's a very sedate game, and not an especially difficult one – certainly not if you're willing to look up solutions online, as very few of the puzzles require a skilful or speedy completion, and the punishment for failure is minimal. The graphics are pretty decent considering its low budget, as far as I'm any judge on such matters; I noticed a handful of goofy facial animations throughout the game, but otherwise there were no flaws on that front, and the overall artistic design was consistently pleasant.

However, whilst it would be reasonable to judge Life Is Strange based solely on its gameplay and graphics, I consider them as secondary factors; the vast bulk of my affection for it is down to the narrative. The story is one of the best I've ever seen in a video-game. First of all, it actually HAS a story. Do you ever get annoyed when people describe a game as 'having a great story' or 'excellent characters', only to play it and find a list of military objectives substituted for a plot, with a cast of bland, cliche-spouting characters who never develop? Well, this game takes introduces the player to two main characters with almost diametrically opposed personalities, and sends them on a journey together that sees them both evolve over time. Without wishing to spoil too much, you play as Max Caulfield, a photography student who finds her studies taking a back seat as she finds herself beset by bullies, old friends, the mystery of a missing student, and certain supernatural shenanigans.
    Secondly, this game managed to stir up emotions within me to a degree that no other game has (and indeed, very few stories of any sort have) ever managed. I don't just mean that it's a sad story – by turns, I found it amusing, charming, and thoroughly endearing. To give you fair warning, others have criticised the dialogue for being unrealistic or too prone to puns and quips, but I don't mind the former and actively adore the latter. The choices you make throughout the game are overruled by the Final Choice in terms of 'Which ending will I get?', but they nevertheless go a long way to deciding the tone of your experience, which can range from light-hearted, hopeful, mournful or tragic depending on your deeds. Whilst Life is Strange never brought me to tears, it certainly took me pretty darn close on multiple occasions. I cared about the characters, the story is well-paced (perhaps a bit on the slow side, but I enjoyed the experience enough that I didn't mind spending more time in the game), the music is wonderful, and the overall tone was perfectly calculated to appeal to a soppy fool like myself … for the most part, at least. It does get a tad darker at some points, so if you've played Episode 1 (and it's free, so I recommend you do) don't assume that the whole game is as mild and inoffensive as the opening act.

The mere existence of this review is something of a compliment; I rarely post reviews when my opinion coincides with that of the majority, because I'm lazy and don't see the point in adding my voice to the chorus. For this game, however, I feel obliged to join in and sing its praises. I would be delighted to think that my words might convince others to experience (and fall in love) with Life Is Strange as I have. If you do try it, I hope if proves to be your cup of tea!
  59. Dec 10, 2017
    A great game with a fascinating story. Very interesting characters with a fair amount of depth. While the first chapter is a little slow, the gripping storytelling from chapter 2 will keep you entertained until the very end. I had to dock points for the bad animations and (weirdly) bad running performance on my PS4.
  60. May 27, 2016
    Life is Strange is an utterly fantastic experience. It is like the best interactive parts of Mass Effect or The Witcher 3. It is like a Telltale game if Telltale games looked like modern games. It is like an interactive video that really is an interactive video. The story is immersive, the characters salient, and mechanics brilliant. I highly recommend this game.

The human time machine

The human time machine mechanic in Life is Strange is sort of an anti-game mechanic. Every important decision can be rewound and repeated with a different outcome as many times as you like before moving onto the next encounter. I cycled through all the options on several occasions, having all the time in the world to make a decision. This is a sharp contrast to Telltale games where your decision making can be mooted by missing a quick time event. (We've all lost good people because we didn't see the notification to press X.) Lost is Strange may seem to have low stakes game play, but they it doesn't. Each decision has consequences later in a masterfully written story.

As mentioned above, plenty of other games have presented great stories that can be shaped by players. Most of these were action games where you would stop for conversation after killing dozens of enemies. A game like Life is Strange is what happens when you take mass murder out of the equation. In a further anathema to modern gaming, the story is a about a mopey teenage girl and her girl friends in a mysterious coastal town backed by a soft indie soundtrack. Maybe Life is Strange works so well because it is so fresh and different. I certainly want to see more games like it.
  61. Sep 7, 2016
    Is the best game of all this generation: a great story, wonderfull characters and a precious look. Since I bought my PS4 this game is the only good game for this system.
  62. Sep 30, 2016
    Erano anni che non mi emozionavo così tanto per un videogame, un'avventura grafica veramente ben fatta che lascia un segno nel profondo del cuore a chi ci sta giocando, uno dei migliori giochi della gen e sicuramente uno dei più sottovalutati.
  63. Apr 8, 2018
    Amazing. Great story, perfect music, and great characters.
    It's a great experience.
  64. Oct 11, 2016
    After playing this game start to finish, I'm left wanting way way more lol, wow what an amazing, engaging story filled with bright interesting characters you actually give a monkeys about, the game follows the story of to young ladies, max and her best freind Chloe in the search of a missing girl called Rachael, I cant really say much more as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, the gameAfter playing this game start to finish, I'm left wanting way way more lol, wow what an amazing, engaging story filled with bright interesting characters you actually give a monkeys about, the game follows the story of to young ladies, max and her best freind Chloe in the search of a missing girl called Rachael, I cant really say much more as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, the game pritty much keeps you guessing from start to finish its just nothing short of fantastic, I really reel that telltale has some major competition in the title as anyone that has played this game will tell you there very similar in a lot of ways, which is by no means bad, if you a fan of telltale style point and click games please oh please don't miss this game it's great you would be robbing your self of a very enjoyable title. Expand
  65. Jul 16, 2016
    Life is strange is truly a wonderful game. Give this game a chance and you will not be disapointed. I have never written a game review before but this game is a masterpiece, and has compelled me to write a review. The emotional and raw story line, chemistry between the characters, and beautiful soundtrack are all beautifully intertwined. The game has some dark and real and relevant themesLife is strange is truly a wonderful game. Give this game a chance and you will not be disapointed. I have never written a game review before but this game is a masterpiece, and has compelled me to write a review. The emotional and raw story line, chemistry between the characters, and beautiful soundtrack are all beautifully intertwined. The game has some dark and real and relevant themes to modern society, and it will keep you coming back untill you have finished. I bought the game unsure on what i was purchasing, and i have never enjoyed a game more! BRING ON LIS 2. MAX AND CHLOE Expand
  66. Aug 15, 2016
    I thought i wouldn't cry ever playing a video game. I was wrong.
    If a game can make something like that, it deserves the best possible score.
    Maybe you'll think is not fair, but just try it. You'll know what this game is available to do.
  67. Sep 6, 2018
    Unbelievably good! Decided to play it when a friend recommended it and the characters are so engaging and the atmosphere feels so nostalgic! I felt so connected to the characters who suffered loss and regret and I never wanted this game to end! It actually made me depressed for a while which shows how well written this game was! If you love story driven games, please please PLEASE playUnbelievably good! Decided to play it when a friend recommended it and the characters are so engaging and the atmosphere feels so nostalgic! I felt so connected to the characters who suffered loss and regret and I never wanted this game to end! It actually made me depressed for a while which shows how well written this game was! If you love story driven games, please please PLEASE play Life Is Strange! You won't regret it! Play it with someone like a friend or family member! This game is so beautifully written! Expand
  68. Jan 26, 2017
    Life Is Strange is much more an experience than it is a game itself.

The game has a good cast of characters making you care about the relationship of Max and Chloe, the game suffers a bit with a lack of rhythm and direction in the middle of the plot, but all this is compensated by good secondary characters and a Excellent soundtrack. Life is Strange is a memorable experience. Aside
    Life Is Strange is much more an experience than it is a game itself.

Life is Strange is a memorable experience. Aside from being a well-told story, it's an important game because it means so much more than it seemed at first. It is a product that makes a point of catching heavy and exploiting the player's emotions.
  69. Feb 27, 2017
    Incredible, great game. It is a narrative driven / exploratory game. Little action. Great design / music / voice acting. Don't buy it if you are looking for a shooter game.
  70. Jul 2, 2017
    Eh va be che scrivo a fare di life is strange.
    consiglio di vedere i video di dadobax a riguardo che traslano perfettamente il mio pensiero. voto 89/100
  71. Apr 28, 2017
    Hands down one of the most interesting and different games i have ever played, Life is Strange was able to not only to interest me in seeing the life as a teenage girl in high school (which was weird yet awesome) but also hooked me with its always spiral story,. You may think that reversing time is a very safe way to play a game that is entirely up to choices, yet you never imagine all theHands down one of the most interesting and different games i have ever played, Life is Strange was able to not only to interest me in seeing the life as a teenage girl in high school (which was weird yet awesome) but also hooked me with its always spiral story,. You may think that reversing time is a very safe way to play a game that is entirely up to choices, yet you never imagine all the long term implications and consequences those little "safe choices" can bring, and damn they are some hard choices as well. Here a quick recap of key aspects of this masterpiece.

Characters/ The characters in this game are pretty well balanced, there is a good blend between different personalities and roles, and most importantly, key characters are compelling, enriched and very easy to get interested by them. Max can be so relatable to almost everyone that its so easy to see the life through her eyes, and its great to see many of these characters have layers in them, very rewarding to gain extra insight through simple things and narrative.

Gameplay / Gameplay is very standard for this kinda games in this regard, pretty simple controls and more focused on the narrative and visual style (which is AMAZING btw) it has a very good soundtrack and the art and color palette are beautiful! A good vehicle for a great story.

And boy about story.. this is the main reason y give this game a 10, i was completely absorbed by it.
    so many gut punching choices and also some sense of relief when choosing and liking the result you get, this game is a roller coaster that goes to places i never expected but that leave me absolutely thrilled by those twists and turns, this is where the game shines the most in my opinion.

In the end Life is Strange is one of the most important and best reasons why i like games, because it tells a story, a great story and if you like that, you are in for a real treat. :)
  72. Feb 27, 2018
    A-MA-ZING!

Very good story. Emotional. Engaging. Voice acting... Every time I ear the soundtracks, it takes me to Arcadia Bay.

I've played two times because of the two endings. Which one is the good one?
  73. Dec 21, 2017
    Life is Strange is an emotional ride that gives you many things, a good story, plot twists within this story, and a great way to tell it, by using time reversal. You feel that everything you do has consequences and even with this power, they still make you feel powerless in many ways.

First of all, I like the episodic take on stories if they are well implemented, like in Life is Strange or the Telltale franchise. And since each episode is around 2 hours long, and there are 5 episodes, you're in for a ride of a around 10 hours.

Sure, the game also has a few flaws, like textures that are scarcely not loading on time, or lip syncing that seldom doesn't works. But these are problems that almost never happen, like 2 times in my play-through, though if they happen, it breaks the immersion.

Now the music in this game truly fits the aesthetics of the game, you have to experience it to understand! So my advice for you, just test the first episode out, it's free now anyway. You'll probably going to love it! Enjoy!
  74. Jul 19, 2018
    Life Is Strange has an incredible, original, unravelling story with many well-written and believable characters. No game I've played in the past five years has had such an emotional impact on me. As i worked through the episodes I became more and more eager and impatient to play the next one; rarely have I been so addicted to a game. Very rarely did the game get slightly boring. ItsLife Is Strange has an incredible, original, unravelling story with many well-written and believable characters. No game I've played in the past five years has had such an emotional impact on me. As i worked through the episodes I became more and more eager and impatient to play the next one; rarely have I been so addicted to a game. Very rarely did the game get slightly boring. Its biggest flaw IMO is the bad lip-syncing (not surprising given the budget of the game but better lip-syncing certainly would've helped). User control over the core rewind power you have could also feel more responsive. The graphics and art style work together well, and I never thought the game needed much more detailed textures. Certain music in the game contributed greatly to the emotion, while still sticking to the theme of the general soundtrack. I couldn't recommend the game enough if you enjoy a really good plot in video game medium. It was once free on PS Plus, so check your purchased games to see if you purchased it at the time and can play it now for free. Expand
  75. Nov 4, 2018
    Puede que su resolución no esté a la altura del resto del juego, o mejor dicho, de la experiencia que es Life is Strange, pero pienso que su desarrollo es de tal valor que sería injusto minusvalorar el resto. Pocos juegos tienen la capacidad de tenerte en vilo las 15-20 horas que dura sintiendo todo tipo de sensaciones y completamente conectado emocionalmente a los personajes, me caben enPuede que su resolución no esté a la altura del resto del juego, o mejor dicho, de la experiencia que es Life is Strange, pero pienso que su desarrollo es de tal valor que sería injusto minusvalorar el resto. Pocos juegos tienen la capacidad de tenerte en vilo las 15-20 horas que dura sintiendo todo tipo de sensaciones y completamente conectado emocionalmente a los personajes, me caben en los dedos de una mano. En life is strange uno siente miedo, confusión, alegría, impotencia, alivio... todo eso y más sería quedarse corto. La banda sonora tiene gran culpa de ello, se las mejores que recuerde, tanto por sus temas en sí como por el uso que reflejan perfectamente el estado de los personajes en cada momento. En definitiva, una experiencia como pocas se puede encontrar uno. Expand
  76. Feb 23, 2018
    I don't want to tell you anything about this game. Trust me. Go in blind, you'll take so much more out of it. 9/10
  77. Mar 7, 2018
    Gerçekten harika bir oyun mutlaka oynanması gerek.Oynanış ve kararlar için verilen özgürlük harika.
  78. Mar 23, 2018
    Es un juego que cuenta una historia increíble, en el cual tu puedes ir tomando decisiones de la historia que puede que tengan buenas o malas consecuencias. Es una historia muy emocional y diferente. Banda sonora de 10.

It is a game that tells an amazing story, in which you can go making decisions of history that may have good or bad consequences. It's a very emotional and different story. Soundtrack of 10.
  79. Mar 24, 2018
    EN: Wow, and this game? spectacular the story of the game, the puzzles were not able to impress much, but the story was amazing

PT: Uau, o que falar desse jogo? espetacular a história do jogo, os quebra-cabeças não foram capazes de impressionar muito, mas a história foi incrível
  80. Apr 16, 2018
    Lots Chinese forum users give it avg. 9+ rating. I Watched video walk-through as many recommended it as one of best English learning games. Have to say don't expect there exists this many ways to say weed and step-father.....Just kidding.......
  81. Apr 17, 2018
    Фанатам эпизодических игр рекомендую,игра супер
  82. Apr 20, 2018
    Life is strange is one of these games that when you start playing you feel connected to the character. Only one word can describe it: art. 10/10
  83. Apr 26, 2018
    Well, when you're about to play a game like "Life is Strange", you can't expect loads of action or a rush of adrenaline to the brain every corner. These kinds of game are all about the story and how much it keeps you interested. It has its style, even graphically speaking, which are made, on purpose, not very rich in details, such as many other games on the PS4. It is not exclusive forWell, when you're about to play a game like "Life is Strange", you can't expect loads of action or a rush of adrenaline to the brain every corner. These kinds of game are all about the story and how much it keeps you interested. It has its style, even graphically speaking, which are made, on purpose, not very rich in details, such as many other games on the PS4. It is not exclusive for the PS4. And, since the PS3 and the Vita can easily run it, it's clear that graphics aren't spetacular, . It was a development choice for a smaller studio to create a very charming looking and really fun game. Also brings one new feature in terms of gameplay and it adds a brand new way to play games of this gender, interactive stories (not spoiling it).
    I, personally, love the movie "The Butterfly Effect", games like Heavy Rain and, by experiencing Portland, WA, once, the northwestern region of the US, therefore, this game is a delight. The story is very cool, sort of cliche if you think of all mistery, ficcion and drama plots we've seen on screen over the years, but playing it was very very fulfilling and it does make us care about what happens.
    Plus, played most of it on vacation. R-e-l-a-x-i-n-g. Add to all this a wonderful soundtrack (just wonderful!), lots of guitar melodies, alternative rock and folk music. Seriously, search for it on YouTube!
    A few flaws: The game is kind of short, but I wouldn't say that's bad, since it worked for it, it could be longer, though. Also, despite of being charming, more realism would make this such a pleasure to look at and I can't help but miss some realism. No one can't use this as foundation for not recommending LIFE IS STRANGE. Pun intended: nod to it. Go on and play it. I would only not recommend it if you don not like action-adventure interactive story-telling games, such as Heavy Rain, Beyond two souls, this one is more slow-paced, but it is also brilliant. I'm not taking one more point out of my score cause, man, the feeling brought by some moments while playing this (images + music) really make you forget those games that I compared this one with. It's a 9.0.
  84. May 7, 2018
    Life is Strange has captured my attention since its original debut in 2015, and only recently have I gotten to play it. After I finished the game, I needed a few days tops to recover, but now I’m here and I’n ready to post my review. Life is Strange starts out interesting enough, carrying itself over until the real fun begins. Through twists and turns, we learn more about the mainLife is Strange has captured my attention since its original debut in 2015, and only recently have I gotten to play it. After I finished the game, I needed a few days tops to recover, but now I’m here and I’n ready to post my review. Life is Strange starts out interesting enough, carrying itself over until the real fun begins. Through twists and turns, we learn more about the main characters and uncover more than one gigantic secret. Packaged with the oppurtunity to turn two way-ward friends into star-crossed lovers, Life is Strange bundles fun, heart, sadness, and horror into one sweet and emotional journey. As you uncover the secrets and find out the lengths of the nightmares surrounding your small town, you are faced with a difficult choice that ultimately decides the game’s epilogue. All in all, Life is Strange is an adventure to experience, best enjoyed with plenty of free time and a fair amount of attention to detail. It will make you cry, it will make you smile, and it will make you laugh. Expand
  85. May 21, 2018
    Excelente , la música es increíble y la historia me atrapo en el primer momento, hay escenas que sacan muchas lagrimas en el transcurso del juego 10/10 el juego
  86. Jun 24, 2018
    The game is a masterpiece from Dialogue too characters too the choices you can make.
    Teenager getting the ability too change time but realises slowly that it can also have it's downfalls and not in all scenarios. Just like in real life sometimes certain choices seem good but can have a reverse effect.

This game changed my life and it's so amazing.
  87. Oct 28, 2018
    This game is amazing! A true masterpiece and a work of true art! Must play!
  88. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Life is Strange is amazing in every aspect, the characters are so good that you will get attached to ‘em and the story is so emotional, every episodes are amazing, nothing to complain about... (Spoiler..i guess?) Except the fact that your choices don’t really matter at the end and we can all agree on that, it would be a 10/10 if it weren’t for this tho. Expand
  89. Mar 4, 2019
    A lot of gamer's will complain that these modern point and click adventures, such as The Walking Dead, don't have the puzzles that the genre used to. Having played the otherwise fun Broken Age recently, and given up thanks to the obtuse puzzles hindering my progress however, I for one an glad that these we are seeing games that increasingly focus more on the story and player choices.

Of

Of course focusing on the story means that the story has to be interesting and that is certainly the case with Life is Strange. Admittedly there are a few slightly dull scenes, such as the one that tasks you with wondering around a junkyard trying to find glass bottles, but I was hooked from the opening episode and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. There are also some genuinely tough decisions to be made (the one in the final episode for example had me agonising over it for a good three or four minutes) which really help you feel as though you are part of the story and not just watching a semi-interactive movie.

TellTale Games popularised the less puzzle driven point and click adventure but Life is Strange takes the crown as the best that the genre currently has to offer.
  90. Dec 23, 2019
    Life Is Strange exceeded my expectations with great writing, interesting character work and a well realised setting. While i'm not sure how wayward things can go with the decision making (just one playthrough) I was very satisfied with the choices I made and the subsequent results shown.

The art style while interesting can feel underwhelming at times which is a shame as I was genuinely moved at times when the facial animation (or lack of) really took things down a notch for me.. (it was a cross gen release I suppose). So at times I found myself wishing for a more 'Detroit BH' or 'Until Dawn' level of facial capture, but what is here serves its purpose well enough.

Overall it is a great addition to the 'choice your own adventure' type genre and shows how far good writing and intelligent results can really elevate the experience of playing a game like this.
  91. Apr 28, 2016
    A great game. An interesting story with interesting characters. Hardly comes across as realistic but at least makes some attempt. The dialogue is mostly excellent.

Mostly story based, the weakest elements are the rare glimpses of gameplay. It's not much fun trying to find collect stuff or navigate poorly implemented stealth sections. Vastly better than similar games like the Walking

Vastly better than similar games like the Walking Dead. Probably better than Heavy Rain to be honest.
  92. Mar 22, 2016
    Graphics: 8.5 Sound: 8.8 Gameplay: 8.0 Fun/Story: 8.0

A great game with a good story. Some brilliant moments (like swimming pool or walking in wheelchair in beach). Perhaps it suffers some repetitiveness of the mechanics. Overall i really recommend it.
  93. Aug 1, 2016
    Some of my favorite games, have been those where choices you make evolve the story (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Heavy Rain, & Bound by Flame). As an adult, trailers of Life is Strange gave me the impression this was just a game for teenagers. I was so wrong. The choices and subject matter in this game will test the emotions of all. I have become tired of the Call of Duty, Halo, GrandSome of my favorite games, have been those where choices you make evolve the story (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Heavy Rain, & Bound by Flame). As an adult, trailers of Life is Strange gave me the impression this was just a game for teenagers. I was so wrong. The choices and subject matter in this game will test the emotions of all. I have become tired of the Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto yearly rehashes. I thought originality in video games had virtually disappeared favoring safe releases like Call of Duty, which I feel only ruins the gaming industry. Bravo to all involved in giving us this game. I applaud you, and HIGHLY recommend this to everyone. A game who's outcomes leaves you questioning your own life and real life choices is a special experience you won't forget. Expand
  94. Sep 5, 2017
    Amazing game. After the first episode, things took off pretty fast, and I was hooked on the story and the characters. I just wish they made many more games like this.
  95. Sep 6, 2019
    Though I can imagine not everyone would be captivated by Life is Strange's story, it's unquestionably moving. Upon completing the game, I found myself lost in emotion for days. This is certainly one you have to play for yourself.
  96. Apr 20, 2019
    this is game is so good, (not exactly a game)
    it's an immersive story with great characters with a little of gameplay elements
    yet it's one of the best games of all time because it's so immersive and so good
  97. Jun 7, 2017
    Life is Strange
    Some of the best story telling in gaming history
    Life is strange is a 10 hour long interactive choose your own adventure game like the telltale games but with much more polish.. Here you play as aspiring photographer max… she has a vision of impending doom for the town of arcadia, and soon after she discovers she has the ability to rewind time after she saves her best
    Life is Strange
    Some of the best story telling in gaming history
    Here you play as aspiring photographer max… she has a vision of impending doom for the town of arcadia, and soon after she discovers she has the ability to rewind time after she saves her best friend Chloe from being killed…
    The game is spread up into 5 episodes, and each episode does a great job of leaving you wanting more and feeling like self-contained stories…
    You feel like you’ve accomplished everything in each episode.. none felt filler
    You do play as a high school senior, and the game does a great job of feeling like you’re a high school girl, dealing with bullies, dealing with students having crushes on you, balancing friendships… and dealing with some pretty heavy emotional situations you’d expect from a bunch of high school kids
    if you have a heart, you will cry playing this game, multiple times…
    Where things get interesting is the rewind ability…
    This is still an adventure game but not a nonsense adventure game…
    it’s pretty easy knowing what to do in a situation, though one puzzle in a later episodes gets a little too complicated and slows the game down a bit…
    But puzzles are found both in the environment and in dialog…
    As you have to make sure you don’t say the wrong thing to someone while trying to get information out of them that you need…
    or if you don’t like a reaction they had, you can rewind time and try something else…
    As well as outcomes of a few important situations.. The game will indicate that a choice you made will have consequences and you can decide to deal with those consequences or go for a different outcome and deal with tem... but by time you learn what these consequences are, its too late to go back and change... so while I was worried at first.. This makes your decisions and choices still matter in the game…
    much like the telltale games, I wasn’t a fan of the sections that I had to walk around and interact with items in the environment…
    Most did add to the story…
    But a few did annoy and frustrate me and felt like they were there to just drag the game out
    10 hours of pure story though... definitely does get exhausting…
    so this isn’t really a finish in one sitting kind of game.. especially with the at times poor pacing…
    but the story telling here is so good that even if you do get tired you want to keep pushing to see what’s behind the next corner and what twist the game is going to throw at you next…
    People have been recommending this game to me since it came out, and I’m glad I finally got around to experiencing it
    The gameplay isn’t the best, but the powerful story telling makes Life is Strange a must experience game…
    I give Life is Strange
    an 8.5/10
  98. Sep 2, 2017
    Life is Strange is a great game. The story is interesting and unpredictable, the voice acting is solid, and the graphics are decent enough too. My only issue is that the time powers do draw the tension clean out of certain dramatic moments. But if you like story-focused games, or simply a game with a great plot, pick this game up.
  99. May 15, 2017
    Life is strange has one of the best story lines and lovely charachters in gaming world, but there are some bugs and framerate drops, sometimes crashes, sad but this game is not fixed yet.
  100. Jan 24, 2017
    This is my first review of the game here - great semi-telltale game, if you played the walking dead, you know the climate. But...it's different, in a very good way, I was not very much into the story at first, but I played, played...and last 3 episodes (of 5 in total), I just swallowed! The game makes you think what's important in life, furthermore the thrill is in the air and theThis is my first review of the game here - great semi-telltale game, if you played the walking dead, you know the climate. But...it's different, in a very good way, I was not very much into the story at first, but I played, played...and last 3 episodes (of 5 in total), I just swallowed! The game makes you think what's important in life, furthermore the thrill is in the air and the atmosphere really dense...

Try, try definitely, cause you will lose some excellent gaming experience.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 5, 2016
    An honest, sometimes even painful, story about friendship and finding yourself. Life is Strange is played with a lump in the throat and its ability to make a grown man tear up is its true "power".
  2. Feb 1, 2016
    The Limited Edition of Life is Strange doesn’t introduce anything new. The graphics are the same, as well as individual episodes that form this wonderful adventure. The art book and soundtrack are still a nice plus that could push some collectors to purchase this edition.
  3. Jan 21, 2016
    Despite its obvious flaws the reactive story and compelling characters make this one of the best storytelling experiences of the current generation.