6.3

1. Jul 29, 2020
    At last, a horror game that we have all been waiting for. Everything about this game just feels great
  2. Jul 30, 2020
    Maid of Sker
    A Siren Song
    Maid of Sker is a first person stealth horror game, a little mixture of outlast meets resident evil… here you play as thomas whos called to help his love Elizabeth escape from an attic in a creepy mansion… The entire game takes place in this mansion and consist of a sries of exploring each room for items to help you progress through the game and eventually get
    Maid of Sker
    A Siren Song
    The entire game takes place in this mansion and consist of a sries of exploring each room for items to help you progress through the game and eventually get up to the attic, much like a resident evil game..
    you have a map and potential doors to go through, once maid of sker gets its hooks in you its hard to put down.. howver this game is only around 4 hours long, but I found this to be the perfect length.. im always on the side that believs horror games should be 6 hours or less.. theres only so much the heart can take.. and maid of sker smacks you constantly with heart pumping moments.. this is stealth from start to finish, though you do eventually get a tool in the game to help you out of sticky situations.. now onto the bad of maid of sker.. its just not good to look at… messing with settings helped me to better withstand these graphics.. but this game just looks awful, its 2020, I get this is an indie game.. but thiss again, a small bite sized 4 hour game.. theres no excuse for this game to look late gen ps2… its distractingly bad looking and really stopped me from fully being immersed in this world, from the lack of textures to the constant foggy dream effect…I never forgot I was playing a game.. I wasn’t mesmerized and lost inside of this creepy mansion.. but this is the games biggest flaw aside from buggy moments with the enemies… these enemies cant see, they have bags ovoer their eyes.. leading to an actually pretty manageable and not as annoying stealth gameplay as compared to the latest outlast game for example… you simply have to make sure you make as little noise as possible, skea around them, hold your breath when theyre near or when youe walking through dust so you don’t cough.. though moments where there are multiple enemies around just for the sake of annoyance.. once again pulled me out of the game and its world.. if these enemies will chase after any sound they hear, why are they not chasing each other around? Give me one enemy to deal with at a time please. The story here is also a pretty weak aspect of maid of sker.. the ending smacked me right in the face and was well worth getting to.. and there are even multiple endings if you care to uncover all of this games secrets to unlock it. But until that point its kinda just there n d told over a phone.. though the game does attempt a little bioshock story style here and there
    All in all Maid of Sker isn’t really anything special.. it does a lot of things weve already seen and once again to see them you have to deal with an awful immersion breaking visual style…
    That being said if youre a huge fan of the Resident evil games or outlast games.. Maid of sker will scratch that itch while you wait for the next one of those to come out..
    I give Maid of Sker
    a 5.5/10
  3. Aug 2, 2020
    This game is very well made.
    Graphic is also good.
    The story is exciting.
    So why zero?

I'm not scared at all!
    This game is a well-made but not scary horror game!
    Oh, my God... no matter how well you make it, the horror game has to be scary! But this is a hideous horror game.Then there's no point in playing this game!
  4. Mtq
    Jul 31, 2020
    The concept was very nice with good soundtrack it's like ood school with modren touch
  5. Oct 28, 2020
    I held my breath at least 50 times, coughed at least ten times, played every musical instrument in the game and pet the dog. I quit shortly after petting the dog. Dark game, even with high brightness; slow moving character, both walk and run. Very small window to interact with items and even so, sometimes you have to actually move the player to a different angle. Felt very maze like and II held my breath at least 50 times, coughed at least ten times, played every musical instrument in the game and pet the dog. I quit shortly after petting the dog. Dark game, even with high brightness; slow moving character, both walk and run. Very small window to interact with items and even so, sometimes you have to actually move the player to a different angle. Felt very maze like and I started to dislike the passive nature of the game. A compass and using all the buttons would have been helpful also. Expand
  6. Aug 9, 2020
    So "Maid of Sker" is not a bad game. Thanks to the great ideas and the scary sound effects the game has a good atmosphere. Sadly, the title manages to get a leg up over and over again. Thus, sometimes funny moments happen and quickly cause frustration. If you can still come to terms with this, you should take a closer look at "Maid of Sker". A version for the Nintendo Switch is scheduledSo "Maid of Sker" is not a bad game. Thanks to the great ideas and the scary sound effects the game has a good atmosphere. Sadly, the title manages to get a leg up over and over again. Thus, sometimes funny moments happen and quickly cause frustration. If you can still come to terms with this, you should take a closer look at "Maid of Sker". A version for the Nintendo Switch is scheduled for release in October 2020.

(https://www.playmoregames.de/post/maid-of-sker-im-test)
  7. Mar 26, 2021
    Story is good and interesting as is the voice acting, the music is stunning. However it’s predictable, the AI is bad and the game just isn’t scary.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 29, 2020
    Maid of Sker, despite its faults revolving mainly around AI, is a survival horror to be saluted.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 22, 2020
    Sker Hotel is a beautifully realised survival horror location to get lost in for an afternoon– it’s just a shame about the monstrous staff. [Issue#179, p.81]
  3. Aug 18, 2020
    I have no doubt that the team at Wales Interactive are filled with great ideas and I’m fairly confident its next game could be something truly special. As it stands, Maid of Sker feels like a replication of past ideas, none of which are strengthened.