7.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was really dissapointed in this game cause there is too much of the same and not in a good way:
    This game feels like a DLC too the first game wich was really good.
    But this game is first of all WAY too short, there is no replay value at all.
    Becuase the game is too short the entire story is just soo "fake" in i way.
    Miles voice is actually soo whiny and squeeky he sounds like a little whiny girl sometimes.
    Spider-man is a somewhat goofy character that learns as he goes, wich i like. but they have done a much better job on the first game rather then this.
    where the new venom powers is cool, the rest of the combat system is copy pasted.
    there is litterly faar from enough In my opinion too call this a "new game"
    and where if you want the platinum for this game wich is super easy too take, you have too complete the main story twice in a new game+ and while you then cannot skip like 70% of the main story cutscenes and unnesessary dialogue. its veeery frustrating too play against.
    insomniac does a good job on visuals and animation, but since this game lacks in soo many other directions, i cannot give this any higher then a 0.
    I was happy too get 2 platinums fast. (since upgrade too ps5 is free and you can save transfer from ps4 too ps5 for instant platinum unlock) and that was the most positive by this experience.
    And that alone says alot!
    Again the biggest problems here are the story, and when it's soo short like this they completly failed on the entire spider-man keep it a secret thing.
    Just a poor job compared too the other game insomniac made
  2. Mar 9, 2021
    While it's not nearly as enjoyable as it's predecessor, it was at least visually enjoyable to look at. On the road to platinum, I couldn't help but ask why this game felt so rushed. It had a ton of issues. Like it forces you to play a NG+ in order to unlock all of the skills, and on top of that you're unable to skip a lot of the cutscenes you've already watched. There are also bugs, likeWhile it's not nearly as enjoyable as it's predecessor, it was at least visually enjoyable to look at. On the road to platinum, I couldn't help but ask why this game felt so rushed. It had a ton of issues. Like it forces you to play a NG+ in order to unlock all of the skills, and on top of that you're unable to skip a lot of the cutscenes you've already watched. There are also bugs, like enemies glitching into walls but still being able to shott you and keep you from completing the mission/stronghold. The web puzzles can also keep you from progressing through the mission, or at the very least delay their completion as they don't always work even though you've done everything right. This happened to me more often than I would have liked, and I eventually just kept shotting until it decided to randomly work. And the trapped trophy was glitched for me. The trophy requires 50, but didn't pop until 96 (I checked via the benchmark). During the stolen vehicle car chases you'll quickly find that the people in the car you're chasing are unrealistically world-class snipers with a handgun and the game artificially keeps triangle from working until a certain amount of time has passed. So have fun doing it without getting hurt because you can land on the car and if it's too soon triangle won't work.There are other buggy missions too like the Toy Feast side mission when you're required to take a picture of the trucks license plate but I wasn't able to because the game was preventing me from moving and a car spawned in front of it so I literally had to restart to mission to get it to work. Also there's the issue with not being able to do ceiling takedowns even though you're on the ceiling and it shows the button for it in certain areas and wall takedowns taking down people off screen rather than the person you're actually looking at. And if I really wanted to nickpick there's the mission where you have a cat in your backpack and when you land you roll onto it but it's magically still alive. And what are the odds Miles is also a genius and spiderman like Peter, his mom is running for a big position of power, his best friend can hack into a huge tech company like Oscorp on a moments notice, his other best friend is a tech genius who is in a big position of power, his uncle is a big figure in this world, and his dad is n honored hero known throughout the city. Take out the fact that he's spiderman and what are the odds of all of this? Very unbelievable along with bad story writing. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2020
    the worst game ever, bad graphics, looks like a dlc, 6 hours of game, really disaponting and disgusting, terrible, ugly, awful
  4. Dec 2, 2020
    Buggy Mess of a game. Was glitching tru walls and the game it self was not a enjoy to play.
  5. Nov 16, 2020
    In my whole gaming life, i have never experienced a game with so many bugs. Feels like they had to deliver the game no matter what. Story is weak and short.
  6. Nov 19, 2020
    A cashgrab from Sony, do not buy it. do not buy it. do not buy it. do not buy it. do not buy it. do not buy it. do not buy it.
  7. Nov 15, 2020
    60 Euros for a DLC is absurd, the Original game is much bigger and was sold for the same price. Can't support such predatory practice.
  8. Nov 22, 2020
    Much too short for the price. Hopefully the next game with a "2" behind it will be a proper length.
  9. Nov 13, 2020
    For f*** sake

For f*** sake

If you can have the new face on Peter Parker in spider man miles morales ps4 version then you can update it for the original game. Jesus either have the old or new face in all versions and stop breaking immersion. Person behind the mask is everything. I absolutely love these spider man games. But apparently insomniac games doesn't want to listen to games. Maybe Sony/playstation/marvel has an agreement to make it look like tom Holland. If this was possible on ps4 why didn't you do it on the launch game. Why not use the new face from the beginning. This is completely immersion breaking having 2 faces to visualise. I encourage everyone to give mixes review at least. To see if a company cares about their customers or not.
  10. Nov 14, 2020
    Although the story is lacking when compared it's classic predecessor, just about everything else here is an improvement from the last game. Swinging (the best improvement), combat, side quests and open world activities are all an upgrade. Also, EZ platinum that doesn't take too long to get.
  11. Nov 14, 2020
    Prácticamente es el mismo Spiderman pero de negro, los detalles técnicos vienen siendo casi los mismos sí que ya valió.
  12. Nov 15, 2020
    In principle, the game is good, but it is very similar to the previous part in its gameplay and graphics.
    Yes, there are changes, but they are extremely small, I would like more differences from the previous part.
  13. Nov 18, 2020
    7 hours game seems like it should have been a DLC, same game as 2018's Spider , not this time SONY
  14. Dec 6, 2020
    Тотальный бред, ради выкачки денег.
    какой чёрный парень, какая электрическая паутина? откуда это все взялось? 7 часов прохождение за файл прайс?
  15. Nov 18, 2020
    Very disapointed with this game. Note that i gave previous Spider Man game by Insomniac 10/10 and this by Sony i give fat 0. The game is to short, 7-8 hours of gameplay, mostly you fight bad guys from previous game and instead of different bosses to fight you get Rhine, Rhino and more Rhino how boring. And if that's not an insult Sony managed to involve politics like BLM into this game, iVery disapointed with this game. Note that i gave previous Spider Man game by Insomniac 10/10 and this by Sony i give fat 0. The game is to short, 7-8 hours of gameplay, mostly you fight bad guys from previous game and instead of different bosses to fight you get Rhine, Rhino and more Rhino how boring. And if that's not an insult Sony managed to involve politics like BLM into this game, i mean come one people want to play this game in peace not be annoyed buy politics and crap. I don't have anything against black people. After that we have reboot of Peter which didn't go well. Majority by IGN poll still prefer old face over new, nearly 50% of the voters, and still Sony and James Stevenson say ''They are hatefull minority lol''. I hoped that new face will at least look older acording to age of Peter which is 23-4 YO, but no, he simply looks like kid, constantly smiling at everything like some creep. Best example is scene where DockOck shows his mechanical arms, old face Peter showed emotion of excitement and wory at the same time, new face acts all smiling and confused, without any expression or emotion, like whatever or what the hell am i doing here lol. My greatest regret is that i buyed OG Spider Man and PS4 last year, that i got attached to old face. I just refunded Miles Morales, cause its not worth price and time you have to play, only buy it if you're huge Spider Man game and on discount, it feels not like full game but more like DLC. Expand
  16. Jan 31, 2021
    Ok, I am not exactly a fan of hackaslashers, but I guess it all depends on a game story, mechanics and graphics etc. This game is a little overdoing it - everything happens so fast that combat basically becomes a set of random button pushes. You just don't have time to think even a second how to do your combat. Even worse with chasing - I could complete Rhino chase only after I enabledOk, I am not exactly a fan of hackaslashers, but I guess it all depends on a game story, mechanics and graphics etc. This game is a little overdoing it - everything happens so fast that combat basically becomes a set of random button pushes. You just don't have time to think even a second how to do your combat. Even worse with chasing - I could complete Rhino chase only after I enabled chase assistance, because by time you try to aim and perform a jump with L1+L2 your target is already escaped - there isn't even 1-2 sec for you to aim and jump. Combat include dozens of combos with special key patterns, but because the game is incredibly short (I say it again - incredibly short), by the time you remember and know how to use those, its finished already.
    It seems that Sony believes they can sell anything for 60 - last of us 2 has many hours gameplay and costs 60, Spiderman has only few hours gameplay (not even 10) and also sells for 60. Next time release a 10 minute game or a demo and put a 60 tag, because why not, as long there are people who pays. Pathetic.
  17. Nov 24, 2020
    This is plainly a scam. Re-used most of the materials from the previous Spiderman entry and yet still selling at such a high price. Only recommend if there is a decent sale for it.
  18. Nov 15, 2020
    During 4 hours of gameplay hand multiple bugs. Game crashed 3 times with fatal errors. And after 4 hours and 50%(sic!) completion it's locked in unplayable state. Savefile has also became corrupted. Moderator at insomniac discord server said to "be grateful that they have even released another game". Said they a looking into it but there has been no mentions on any social media about aDuring 4 hours of gameplay hand multiple bugs. Game crashed 3 times with fatal errors. And after 4 hours and 50%(sic!) completion it's locked in unplayable state. Savefile has also became corrupted. Moderator at insomniac discord server said to "be grateful that they have even released another game". Said they a looking into it but there has been no mentions on any social media about a patch or fix or even the acknowledgment of fact that the problems exist. About the game, (or at least of what was available before the game locked) there not much good to say. Environment design is good but that's about it. Story is subpar. No new interesting bosses. Characters are boring and some minor ones are completely unnecessary. Gameplay is the same as in the original. Since content is mostly a rehash of the original game, at 50$ it's basically a buggy overpriced DLC. A real shame, since original was so good. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2020
    Gracias por todos los Bugs Sony Ya se me ah crasheado unas 8 veces el Spiderman y no voy ni por la mitad, me encanta cuando se convierte en ladrillo y se crashea la próxima vez que intentes vender me un DLC a 50 dólares al menos que funcione
  20. Nov 18, 2020
    it's a horrible game with no personality and peter parker's face is a mess has no expressiveness for everyone reading this review. I do not recommend that you buy this game, it is not worth the price, there are better things to spend the money on .. ...
  21. Dec 30, 2020
    Expensive, short , Petter looks stupid. Story is dum, everyones a super hero aparently. Sering a worring trend of media giving PS high scores just cause it PS and PC..First game was greatthis game justdidnt hit home. Didnt like the characters or the costumes.. Very unrealable all roubd, whete as everyone gets Petter and his story. So America needs to stop using entrrtainment to pushExpensive, short , Petter looks stupid. Story is dum, everyones a super hero aparently. Sering a worring trend of media giving PS high scores just cause it PS and PC..First game was greatthis game justdidnt hit home. Didnt like the characters or the costumes.. Very unrealable all roubd, whete as everyone gets Petter and his story. So America needs to stop using entrrtainment to push politicd.. Games reach much futher to countried with far bigger problems than Americas petty twitter fueds and it leaves a bad taste in player in those countries mouths. Expand
  22. Nov 16, 2020
    All i have to say - just wait for a huge discounts. 60 eur for a 5h long game... well, it's not a game, it's dlc. Everyone knew that, everyone where saying that, yet devs tried to imbue that this is same as Marvel's spider-man. No it's not.
  23. Dec 24, 2020
    This should have been a DLC and not a full priced game. Also there's no black spiderman
  24. Nov 23, 2020
    Ok beyond them changed Peter's face (which is unforgivable... wtf where they thinking!). It's an ok game after playing the 2018 one. I did expect more from Miles story... It didn't grab me like the 2018 did.... idk I'm just all around disappointed.
  25. Feb 5, 2021
    El juego y su historia me ha gustado, pero no puedo poner a este juego una buena nota con tanto bug y con lo poco que dura. Esto no es un juego, es un dlc. Y es que lo que no entiendo es porque no lo han hecho en otra localización?. Ahhh espera,que asi se han ahorrado todo el trabajo de los escenarios . Espero que pronto saquen un nuevo spiderman y que sea todo hecho desde cero
  26. Aug 27, 2021
    Boring gameplay and story a lot of bug ang glitch happened in my playtrough i played on ps4 btw.
    plus a very short game for 80euros.
  27. Jan 30, 2021
    La verdad se siente más como una mala expansión del primero , poca innovación respecto a la primera parte, mehhh...
  28. Nov 16, 2020
    This game is good but only 4 hours of gameplay. How can this be allowed in 2020? And why are there children as heroes and teenage girls as enemies... This is far from possible, even in a cartoon.
  29. Nov 8, 2021
    Cojo un dlc y el juego base de ps4 lo pones a 80€ y esto es un juego de nueva gen
  30. Jul 10, 2021
    Sony decided to release a high-quality picture, for the great battle with Microsoft, forgetting about users and releasing games for them with a very short duration of 4 hours
  31. May 12, 2021
    Bad copy of Spider-Man (2018) with awful boring story. As additional "bonuses" are BLM and SJW themes.
  32. Jun 8, 2021
    Гавно ссаное для детей, лбгдб и всей этой хуиты

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 26, 2021
    Morales’ New York is just as basic as before. There is nothing to do except complete the same missions, and the city cannot offer anything more except spectacular bird’s eye view panoramas.
  2. Nov 19, 2020
    Insomniac wanted to please Miles Morales fans with their latest Spider-Man adventure. The result is a damn near perfect action-adventure game.
  3. Nov 18, 2020
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales has a lot to say and it uses every available resource to communicate its messages and themes. Like Miles himself, it is earnest. Among other things, it depicts societal issues in an honest, digestible, and unabashed way. I said before that Spider-Man: Miles Morales establishes a new gold standard for superhero games but that’s not the only bar it’s moving. There are multiple bars set by Spider-Man: Miles Morales that developers should attempt to clear in future products.