7.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 14, 2020
    graphics are truly next gen, and combat was great being that it is similar to the previous Spider-Man game with a few added new moves. the story was very short and for me was not very original. i new exactly where the story was going after about 2 1/2 hours in. i do not think it is worth the 50$ price tag. It felt very short being that I finished the main story in a little over 5 hours
  2. Nov 19, 2020
    As much as I love its precedessor and which I thought it was everything a Spiderman game should be, this game does fall short compared to it and that's being generous. So sadly a 7 is the most I feel that it deserves.

The gameplay has improved in certain aspects and Miles's venom and stealth powers are more flashy and even a tad more overpowered, I do personally prefer Peter's versatilty of gadgets.

Story wise and characters, just a tad too much teen drama. As much as I like Miles and think he carries the story, I did wish he would've been a bit less passive and let himself be a punching bag for a main and as good as sole villain that only hurts the game than uplifts it.

So while I enjoyed the game, I did think it had its flaws. And like others pointed out, the game is way too short, and Miles misses iconic villains thus we had to settlle for a lame at most mediocre villain. Hell Rhino who is a mediocre OG Spiderman villain with his 10m cameo is better than the Tinkerer throughout the whole game.
  3. rvp
    Nov 30, 2020
    Generally, a good game but not a great one. Gameplay is great - similar to the original game. The story is a bit more personal compared to the original Spider Man game. I like it more but it's very short. But still only a good story not a great one. The soundtrack is good. I'm still not the biggest fan of all the collectables. Generally good but it could be longer and the story could be aGenerally, a good game but not a great one. Gameplay is great - similar to the original game. The story is a bit more personal compared to the original Spider Man game. I like it more but it's very short. But still only a good story not a great one. The soundtrack is good. I'm still not the biggest fan of all the collectables. Generally good but it could be longer and the story could be a bit deeper and not only rely on classic super hero storytelling. Expand
  4. Dec 2, 2020
    It’s been hard to come up with a review for this game. I don’t want to be too critical or I’ll get hammered in the comments. Overall a great action game. It follows well from the 2018 game. The graphics are great and the combat is also great. However, I found the main “villain” to be a disappointment. She just wasn’t a great Spider-Man villain. The only supervillain was Rhino. Also, theIt’s been hard to come up with a review for this game. I don’t want to be too critical or I’ll get hammered in the comments. Overall a great action game. It follows well from the 2018 game. The graphics are great and the combat is also great. However, I found the main “villain” to be a disappointment. She just wasn’t a great Spider-Man villain. The only supervillain was Rhino. Also, the game is just too short for $49.99. It should have been maybe $30.00 or $40.00 max as it was only about 7 hours. I know it wasn’t supposed to be a full game, but the length was disappointing. Overall I’d recommend it if you get it on a good sale. I’ll most likely play it through again. Expand
  5. Nov 17, 2020
    плюсы улучшали боевику больше гаджетов главный герой ) минусы очень детский сюжет финал не очень город кроме неона нечего не добавили
  6. Nov 29, 2020
    While the first game was an absolute thrilling marvel, this seems to be treading similar grounds without really pushing the gameplay or story further. Don't get me wrong, it's still exciting to sling-web around New York, the world is fascinating, vibrant and the action is pretty good. But couldn't help but thing, well, I've done all this before. The gameplay didn't innovate as much as I'dWhile the first game was an absolute thrilling marvel, this seems to be treading similar grounds without really pushing the gameplay or story further. Don't get me wrong, it's still exciting to sling-web around New York, the world is fascinating, vibrant and the action is pretty good. But couldn't help but thing, well, I've done all this before. The gameplay didn't innovate as much as I'd like it to be, and Mile's new powers are neat.

Story wise? It was all a bit, meh. Everything was by the books and predictable and honestly, I just didn't relate that much to Miles. And the conceit that Peter Park just "went on vacation" - quite literally - was just silly.
  7. Jan 31, 2021
    It continues the great gameplay and cinematics of the first Spiderman as well as some of it's flaws (ie repetitive side missions) while adding some cool new elements. It's still super fun swinging around the city and I love the new animations. The venom powers are fun to use. Overall feels like a worthy side game a la Uncharted: Lost Legacy and like that game, Troy Baker steals the show.It continues the great gameplay and cinematics of the first Spiderman as well as some of it's flaws (ie repetitive side missions) while adding some cool new elements. It's still super fun swinging around the city and I love the new animations. The venom powers are fun to use. Overall feels like a worthy side game a la Uncharted: Lost Legacy and like that game, Troy Baker steals the show.
    Which brings me to the weak point: the story isn't very good. It's pretty generic and feels rushed. It's essentially an excuse to get to the set pieces which would be fine, but i's such a step down from the original. The character acting is fine (again Troy Baker being the highlight), but mostly unmemorable. How the main villain becomes so much more powerful that Spiderman is unclear. There's a mission where you have to sneak into your own science exhibit because...? Stuff like that that you can tell wasn't given much time and care. Although I like that it's shorter (but not short), I feel that given more time in a full game they could have done more.
    Then there's the completely unnecessary, incredibly divisive political message they felt obligated to force in. It has no bearing on the story whatsoever and, in fact, should be deeply offensive to Miles considering his back story. It's just a spry painted mural as a "reward" for finishing side missions which could have easily (and more logically) been replaced by a mural of Spiderman. They would not need to change one line of dialogue or one other frame of animation. It doesn't spoil the game since it has no significance. So why was it there at all?
    Anyway, other than that it is a great holdover until the next proper Spiderman title comes out. And literally the best costume ever is unlocked after the main story.
  8. Oct 15, 2021
    Too short. Too many long cutscenes. The physics are good, the swinging is satisfying. The fighting is OK but you can't develop new combos like in Web of Shadows, which had the best fighting out of all the Spider-Man games. The writing is generic and forgettable.
    The best part of the game imo was just being able to swing around and fight crime. It would be nice if a developer created an open-world game based on that principle.
  9. Jul 13, 2021
    Pros: The foundation from the last game is still here (awesome setting, amazing web slinging, fun combat ect). Voice acting is really good, love the actor for Miles in particular as he does an outstanding job. Solid story which tells of the struggles of a new hero. Relationships between Miles and those around him are done well. I do enjoy the mentor story they're doing with Pete andPros: The foundation from the last game is still here (awesome setting, amazing web slinging, fun combat ect). Voice acting is really good, love the actor for Miles in particular as he does an outstanding job. Solid story which tells of the struggles of a new hero. Relationships between Miles and those around him are done well. I do enjoy the mentor story they're doing with Pete and having Miles find his own way. Enough changes are made to Miles' powers to make him feel different.

Cons: This game was NOT big enough for a separate release. The DLC for the previous game may be as long as this standalone one. It's a shame too because in a proper form this game could have been so much more. Can be a bit preachy at times (not over the top but certainly more than last game).

Bottom Line (cause Stone Cold said so): It's a welcome addition to the franchise, just wait for a deeper sale because this is not a game large enough to warrant anything more than $20 imo. I am certainly hoping the next installment is the 2 of them together (Shattered Dimensions/GTA V Style, NOT Co-Op style...you listening??). It's still a blast to play.
  10. Dec 22, 2020
    The best thing I can say about Spider-Man Miles Morales is that if you liked the first game, and you bought and played all of the original DLC, you'll enjoy this too. Whether or not you'll enjoy it at $49.99 though, that's really the question. It doesn't feel like a whole new game but rather a brief extension of an already existing one. The core gameplay is still fantastic, there's justThe best thing I can say about Spider-Man Miles Morales is that if you liked the first game, and you bought and played all of the original DLC, you'll enjoy this too. Whether or not you'll enjoy it at $49.99 though, that's really the question. It doesn't feel like a whole new game but rather a brief extension of an already existing one. The core gameplay is still fantastic, there's just far too little of it to recommend. Expand
  11. May 2, 2021
    Un buen juego, en líneas generales. Se deja disfrutar y el balanceo es muy cómodo. Se me queda en un 7 sobre 10 por la duración y por que puede tornarse algo repetitivo. Hubiera estado bien un precio reducido y que se presentase como un DLC bien grande.
  12. Jan 11, 2021
    I would of gave it a 10 but 7 is reasonable because the story is and gameplay is great but the things that werent good was the length of the game, it felt like a dlc to me because of how short it was and the gameplay was good but they should of add a little bit more features but its a great game
  13. Jun 7, 2021
    Good game with good gameplay. The game contains some good secondary missions. The bad thing about this game is that is REALLY SHORT
  14. May 8, 2021
    Way too short but fun! If you enjoyed Spiderman, you will like Miles too. The problem is you finish the story in 6 or 8 hours
  15. May 18, 2021
    First of all charging full price for this game when it is half the length of the first one is criminal. I also felt this was almost a carbon copy of the first game apart from having different characters, the story and same terrible side missions were almost identical. Still I did enjoy the game and still had fun playing it for as short as it was.
  16. Mar 7, 2021
    Short game, the gameplay is top tier but some cutscene facial animations are off and the dialogue is corny. There are some bugs but overall a good experience.
  17. Nov 15, 2020
    It's most of all fun but has a bland story with side missions that are ridicuolusly bad and unflaverful. It feels rushed and uncompleted, hoping for patch notes but at this time it is a no-go.
  18. May 16, 2021
    If i had payed lesser for this game, i would've rated it higher but now i'm submitting all my reviews and about this game i can't forgive, Miles Morales is still a magnificent Spider-Man experience filled with great moments and brilliantly-written dialog but the amount of content it offers does not justifies its 70-dollar price tag.
  19. Dec 24, 2020
    Lets start with disadvantages.
    1 There is a lot of modern, leftist propaganda
    2The game is pretty short however after all the game was made only for 1 and a half years. 3The plot has some holes and it is Too super heroic. I mean you need to balance realism and heroism. In 1st spider man there was nothing over heroic which is impossible. 4 It needed to slow down in cuteness and
    Lets start with disadvantages.
    1 There is a lot of modern, leftist propaganda
    4 It needed to slow down in cuteness and dialogues . The cutscenes and dialogues go really fast ,which make them look unrealistic
    adventages
    1 Best gameplay ever. The web swinging is upgraded and you can make special moves when you swing or fall
  20. Dec 27, 2020
    Has the same problems as the first one but without the good story. It's more or less the same as the other one but worst in general.
  21. Dec 20, 2020
    Vary bad game the every bad spiderman game you bad dialogs bad graphics bad sound
  22. Dec 22, 2020
    Combat is good. History not really god. Pretty Short. It is just a DLC of the first one, i plat this game in 14 hours, waste of money pay more than 25
  23. May 2, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +İmporeved powers (Miles electric powers)
    +Fun gameplay
    +Miles home
    +Okay skins
    -Worse boses then 2018 Spiderman
    -Less gagets then 2018 Spiderman
    -Okay story
    -Feels like DLC then a full game
  24. May 6, 2021
    I absolutely love the graphics and gameplay of miles morales. However I hated miles' character and found him so annoying. Would have loved to see a better interpretation of him. The open world objectives and side missions were so boring and a chore to get through. Visually better than the first spiderman, but as a whole spiderman 2018 is superior.
  25. May 7, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is far from being bad, but, i still got a little disappointed. It has a really short main campaign, the villains aren't that memorable and it doesn't add that many new features. That being said, i would be lying if i said i didn't had a good time with this game. The combat and web-swinging are perfect and to compensate the short main campaign, the side missions are pretty fun. I think this game would worked better if it was a DLC. Expand
  26. Jun 9, 2021
    Геймплей просто лучший! Летать в по заснеженному Нью-Йорку просто потрясающи. Но концовка отвратительная и не понятная. Главный антагонист вообще не раскрыт и не понятен. И сюжет очень короткий + после сюжет в игре особо не чего делать.Геймплей просто лучший! Летать в по заснеженному Нью-Йорку просто потрясающи. Но концовка отвратительная и не понятная. Главный антагонист вообще не раскрыт и не понятен. И сюжет очень короткий + после сюжет в игре особо не чего делать.
  27. Jun 18, 2021
    Отвратительный кусок калла, который выдают как сиквел.
  28. Nov 14, 2020
    A solid entry, but a mixed bag.

A solid entry, but a mixed bag.

The good: Web slinging around NY is still fun. Combat is improved, more options. No more MJ sneaking missions, thank god. Soundtrack is solid, the trap elements complement the orchestral style well, but can start to sound a little samey and get old fast. The side missions are thoughtful and not generic fetch quests. The game is also only $50, instead of $60.

The not so good: Story is incredibly mediocre. You will be able to guess who the villains are withing 5 minutes of playing, nothing is surprising or interesting. Boring-ass, generic super soldier team, check. (Underground is decent though.) The story beats where you could tell they wanted more narrative weight fell flat - The "emotional" moments were complete misses. Just boring characters that you will forget quickly. First game was better in that regard. Also, preachy, corny, holier-than-thou writing at times can be grating. "Puzzle" sections (I hesitate to call them that) are pretty braindead. Also, the controls will fight you at times. You can web-zip to nearly everything and it will F*** you at times. That is the nature of an open world game where everything is an object to jump and bounce off of, but jesus, it's harder to walk 2 feet than it is to web-swing through the city - He does a front-flip to everything. The camera in walking sections is also pretty trash. It's so close up that it almost hurts your eyes at times - It's likely to decrease draw distance to improve performance, but still, a gripe.

The bad: Performance on either PS4 option is pretty rough. We're talking sometimes 30-60 seconds of 12-16 FPS in crowded fight areas. On second play when you know where to go, the game will also struggle to keep up. A few hard crashes too, but that's to be expected of a new game. It's clear this game was meant for the PS5. However, it's absolutely not worth buying a PS5 at launch for. Might be fun to revisit when there are more titles available though.
  29. Dec 27, 2020
    A story that gets better as it progresses. Overall though it almost feels more like a spinoff then a 2nd entry. In the end I did end up wanting more Miles though.
    One main issue that bothered me though; cutscene dialogue kept cutting out especially in the 2nd half of the game. At times only one character's dialogue audio was coming through. This happened in three separate cutscenes for me. Only near the end did I find a setting that fixed it I think. Still very annoying. Good game overall though.
  30. Nov 16, 2020
    It's short. The story isn't as good, and a lot of things are just shoe horned in. Best friend who knows his secret (check). Love interest (check). It's so cliche you could be watching a hollywood film set in France.

The issues that existed in the original game still exist here, moving around can get clunky in confined areas and for some reason although spiderman can scale buildings and run up walls, he can't do so with cranes. Combat is pretty much identical except for new skills which for some reason they went with "venom" as a name, which is just wrong in so many ways.

There are a few bugs, luckily nothing game breaking hitting the "load from last checkpoint" helps especially with the first bug you'll probably encounter with the first training session with the holo bots. If it wasn't for the great spiderverse suit and fantastic animations you'd get bored of the same repetitiveness that drags this game forward. Take breaks. You'll need them, but again luckily it's much shorter than the first one and less villains (and story) (and premise).

They even copied some of the trophies, if i have to visit one more grave...

It's not a great showing from insomniac, and it feels like an extended DLC rather than its own thing. Certainly not worth the cost for it on the PS5. Graphic/FPS etc upgrade or not... you're not missing much.

Solid 7. But they could have done so much more.... hopefully we won't have to wait long for spider verse 2 which will give us a much better miles experience.

loses a further point for the final boss hard crashing the PS4 twice. not just blue screen, hard crash. Also ripping off the MGS4 etc end walk sequence.
  31. Nov 18, 2020
    The game is good but not nearly as good as the first in the series. Overall it's just not as polished. There are a ton of bugs, glitches and framerate issues that pop up far too often. It's more of the same but with less polish. (I'm guessing the B-team made this game while the main team works on the next main installment.)

The story had some good characters but I had the plot figured

The story had some good characters but I had the plot figured out after the first 30 minutes. (It was very predictable.) I do love the new powers that Miles gets. They really add a nice bit of flavor to the old combat.

It was fun overall but needed more time for polish and testing. (Review is for PS4 Pro version.)
  32. Nov 19, 2020
    Game is buggy as hell and I'm give them the benefit of the doubt due to Covid 19 but maybe they should have focused on Program instead of push Political/social themes such as the BLANT BLM mural in the game. Kids play this game and Politics and gaming need to stay separate and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this I don't want to escape from reality and you dropping in something likeGame is buggy as hell and I'm give them the benefit of the doubt due to Covid 19 but maybe they should have focused on Program instead of push Political/social themes such as the BLANT BLM mural in the game. Kids play this game and Politics and gaming need to stay separate and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this I don't want to escape from reality and you dropping in something like that to remind me how messed up the world really is. Other than that game is amazing a glitch that for some reason doesn't give credit for completing content namely Side quest and the random crashes. Expand
  33. Nov 24, 2020
    красивая графика, улучшенный геймплей по мелоче, упростили способ добиваний как в тех же игр серий аркхем, но сюжет средненький
  34. Dec 1, 2020
    This game is cool looks good and feels good but its short vary short and at the end of the day it feels like i played a really really god dlc for spider-man. to me this is a 40$ add on. At the same time this feels like it should have been the first game and spider-man ps4 is the second. Miles is cool but it feels odd going from the first game as a seasoned superhero in his prime to thisThis game is cool looks good and feels good but its short vary short and at the end of the day it feels like i played a really really god dlc for spider-man. to me this is a 40$ add on. At the same time this feels like it should have been the first game and spider-man ps4 is the second. Miles is cool but it feels odd going from the first game as a seasoned superhero in his prime to this game starting out as a rookie. the bridge scene in this game is so good but Pete would have a hard time doing all that so miles pulling all that off seems like lazy writing. Expand
  35. Nov 14, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros: swing is much faster, side missions much faster , didn’t kill peter parker, Pet a cat, bak story telling, cool swing animation Cons: al bad people are white males, al good people are not white beside a women, combat are bad, forced spanish, only 2 boss fights, combat is bad vs the 1st game, Expand
  36. Nov 14, 2020
    The latest adventure in the Spider-Man universe builds on and expand Marvel’s Spider-Man through an all-new story. Players experience the rise of Miles Morales as he masters new powers to become his own Spider-Man
  37. Aug 5, 2021
    Solid 7

Nice punches and stunning visuals , that resumes pretty much the game. The story is more for the kids than to adults, all around is a good game.
  38. Sep 13, 2021
    I can honestly say that I feel ripped off after buying this "game." Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the very definition of a cash-grab. This was obviously meant to be a stand-alone DLC expansion which they decided to market as a full retail game. The game is way too short to justify a $50 price tag. Should've been sold for no more than $30. The graphics and sound are good of course, since itI can honestly say that I feel ripped off after buying this "game." Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the very definition of a cash-grab. This was obviously meant to be a stand-alone DLC expansion which they decided to market as a full retail game. The game is way too short to justify a $50 price tag. Should've been sold for no more than $30. The graphics and sound are good of course, since it uses the same exact engine as the previous game. Combat and gameplay are solid too with some new powers and moves. The different suits and gadgets are interesting.
    Anyone could've expected this much, but this game is lackluster in every other area. There are basically two main bosses, only one of which is truly recognizable in the Spider-Man franchise. The story is fairly predictable and relies on the same tropes and character motivations we've seen ad nauseam. You'll get a substantial amount of wokeness in the story and dialogue, with many of the obvious cliches. The voice actor for Miles is absolutely cringey, just whiny and annoying the entire time. Every mission is almost exactly the same with the same exact enemy waves and very little variation. Side missions are mostly recycled from the last game, and some of the newer ones will have you doing random chores like rescuing people's cats. This is mostly filler content thrown in to make us feel like we got our money's worth. Many of the same glitches have carried over from the last game.
    Overall it's not that bad for a DLC, but it's a huge disappointment for a full retail release.
  39. Nov 23, 2021
    This is the SAME game as the last one, with a kind of a bad story and simplified gameplay. I liked the christmas theme (I always like christmas themed games), but the game was kind of boring and I had to force me to finish it. Just another game in the list.
  40. Feb 3, 2021
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a short but sweet experience that added fun features to a well liked game, but falls flat narratively and technically in many places.

Graphically, this game looks even better than MARVEL's Spider-Man. The winter aesthetic to New York looks authentic and well done. At first, I have to admit, I was mad at the combat. It felt very much like the timing and

At first, I have to admit, I was mad at the combat. It felt very much like the timing and strength of Spider-Man was off. Then I realized, a bit slower than I would have liked, that this was purposeful. Miles Morales isn't as good yet at kicking ass as Peter Parker is. In the first game, Peter is a seasoned Spider-Man who has perfected his style of combat. Miles however, is still throwing generic hooks and body kicks, and is less coordinated with his style. He hasn't found himself yet, and telling that part of Miles' story through a slightly more frustrating combat experience was a bold move by Insomniac. It also forces you to rely on Miles' deeper pool of powers, allowing you more options in combat that I felt weren't super necessary, but were a fun and polished addition.

The plot and writing here left a lot to be desired. Nearly every person important to the plot had a close personal relationship with the protagonist, allowing for most big plot beats to be covered completely by coincidences.
    Dialogue between characters was okay in most places, and really cringe-y during intense or dramatic scenes.
    The message the game is trying to send with the story is a good one, but it's encumbered by poor direction.

The music for SM:MM is very different from its predecessor, but still very good. Upbeat, complimentary to the main character, and high quality.

Overall, this game didn't feel like a true sequel. The plot was rushed and poorly directed, the writing wasn't on par with the first game, and the campaign length felt much shorter as well. It's fun, but not a good sequel.
  41. Jan 30, 2021
    While the game is okay, it pales in comparison to it predecessor. I would only recommend this to someone who has played the original Spiderman ps4 game, and misses the gameplay mechanics, because there's not much else there. The story is short, predictable and uninspired. It try's to recreate the formula of the first game but just doesn't capture it. Meh, at best.
  42. Nov 11, 2021
    To be honest, this should have been dlc for the 2018 game, it feels like the 2018 game, but with a different story, the web slinging is great, like the 2018 game and everything else to, i thought the game was ok, so i would give it a 6.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 26, 2021
    Morales’ New York is just as basic as before. There is nothing to do except complete the same missions, and the city cannot offer anything more except spectacular bird’s eye view panoramas.
  2. Nov 19, 2020
    Insomniac wanted to please Miles Morales fans with their latest Spider-Man adventure. The result is a damn near perfect action-adventure game.
  3. Nov 18, 2020
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales has a lot to say and it uses every available resource to communicate its messages and themes. Like Miles himself, it is earnest. Among other things, it depicts societal issues in an honest, digestible, and unabashed way. I said before that Spider-Man: Miles Morales establishes a new gold standard for superhero games but that’s not the only bar it’s moving. There are multiple bars set by Spider-Man: Miles Morales that developers should attempt to clear in future products.