6.8

1. Jun 15, 2019
    Some short words on this DLC. I gave the main game 10/10 and this DLC builds up upon the main games strengths but at the same time does not feature much new or exciting. The story line is fun but nothing too exciting also with a cliffhanger at the end. The DLC with all its content takes merely around 2-4hrs depending on how you play. Theres some new trophies but they are not that much of aSome short words on this DLC. I gave the main game 10/10 and this DLC builds up upon the main games strengths but at the same time does not feature much new or exciting. The story line is fun but nothing too exciting also with a cliffhanger at the end. The DLC with all its content takes merely around 2-4hrs depending on how you play. Theres some new trophies but they are not that much of a deal. I m personally not a big fan of the challenges and the ones in here were not much fun to me. Theres a new enemy type on board which is nice but also a bit annoying. A new fun mechanic is where you remote control the second character with which you team up with. Sadly you can do that in only one mission.

After all if you liked Spider-Man and want a tiny bit more out of it, its probably a considerable buy at a discounted price but it falls short in comparison to what the main game provided.
  2. Apr 17, 2019
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist is a great first chapter, as it sets up the story really well. It ends on a good cliffhanger, making me eager for what comes next.
  3. Jan 12, 2019
    El mejor de los 3 DLCs, quizás no merezca un 9, pero Black Cat es sencillamente increíble, un personaje que te atrapa desde que aparece y siempre queres ver más de ella, muy bien construida.

La historia está bastante bien, la misión secundaria es super interesante y poder volver usar a MJ también aporta a una agradable experiencia de juego.
  4. Jan 8, 2019
    Dlc Bem Fraca em poucas palavras, uma novela mexicana, o que salva é os Trajes
  5. Jan 2, 2019
    The beginning and the end are fairly well done and are the best parts of the DLC. But the development in between the two is what really ruins the potential of this DLC. They start off fairly well with the beginning developments of the Maggia civil war and the return of Black Cat. The only things that would have made it better would have been if they kept the tension high and not had aThe beginning and the end are fairly well done and are the best parts of the DLC. But the development in between the two is what really ruins the potential of this DLC. They start off fairly well with the beginning developments of the Maggia civil war and the return of Black Cat. The only things that would have made it better would have been if they kept the tension high and not had a "search aimlessly for fingerprints" part to unlock a door that Spiderman could easily break into. As for the middle... It just becomes a cheesy soap opera with half the missions being very mediocre and cliche; especially the MJ sleuthing and Black Cat chasing missions. As for the end, they truly could have made the finale longer and with more "trust" and "liking" being developed between Black Cat and Spiderman before the gig is up. Again, what made this DLC fall short of a better score was how cheap and sloppy the middle part of this DLC was. Expand
  6. Dec 28, 2018
    So did Marvel's Spider-Man: The Heist end up stealing my money or was it a worthwhile purchase.

I feel The Heist was a decent start to the City That Never Sleeps, I enjoy Black Cat and her interactions with Spider-Man and hope that the final moments don't stop it from appearing once again in the future DLC. We also saw a return of the Taskmaster challenges but with a less interesting

We also saw a return of the Taskmaster challenges but with a less interesting character, that's right its the internet celebrity Screwball and they do not feel that fun at all they feel tedious at points and wish they took a different approach but it seems we're stuck with her for now.

We also saw the base missions return and I'm fine with them they're simple and they're easy enough but I can see the missions becoming frustrating and boring if they rear their head much more so I'm hoping for some new elements beyond just simple crimes.
  7. Dec 21, 2018
    (Плюсы) Сюжет неплох.
    (Минусы) Рутинные задания в опенворлде.

(Итог) Неплохое DLC.
  8. Dec 1, 2018
    Un DLC bastante decente con contenido (completándolo al 100%) para unas 3h - 3h y media más adicionales.

Además, posee una trama bastante interesante y bien hilada con lo visto previamente en el juego original que enriquece el universo y la reclación tanto de Spider-Man como de Peter Parker con Black-Cat (Felicia Hardy).

Recomendado.
  9. Nov 22, 2018
    Fun, intriguing, and enjoyable. Loved Felicia, she could have been used a little more, but other than that it was perfect. The atmosphere is the same as the main game but with a different story. Everything is fun, the main story, the crimes, even Screwball is not that bad. Loved the extra suits. The only downside is the duration. Best DLC si far.
  10. Nov 20, 2018
    Скучно и предсказуемо с самого начала. Определённо не стоит своих денег.
  11. Nov 7, 2018
    Хорошее дополнение, жалко только, что разделили на несколько частей.
  12. Nov 5, 2018
    Very mediocre expansion. New enemy is annoying to deal with. new missions are not very fun and feel like work. And the new crime feels like a assassins creed “side mission” chore. Not worth your money and it wasn’t worth mine. Get it on sale.
  13. Nov 3, 2018
    Continuation of the same game play with a lighter story. Went by very quickly and if you didn't already get the "city that never sleeps" package I would probably wait till all 3 come out before playing this so its a more fluid experience. But for $6.67 value as a part of that package I can't complain too much.
  14. Oct 28, 2018
    It's not a bad DLC, but disappointing. If you're wondering if you should buy the DLC I recommend waiting until all the DLC packs are released so you can play the whole story in one go.
  15. Oct 27, 2018
    A bit of a letdown, The Heist is a more-of-the same kind of DLC that lasts slightly less than 4 hours if 100%-ed.

Story-wise it's a bit bland and is basically a side-quest filler story, just with main-quest-quality cutscenes. The only plot twist is seen from a mile away, and Black Cat is just a more tamed version of Batman's Catwoman with muffled levels of sexuality and flirtiness. It doesn't really help that the DLC ends with a cheap cliffhanger and a "to be continued".

Gameplay-wise it's more of the same, really - some combat arenas with 1 new annoying enemy type (the minigun dudes just block every attack except for a finisher), some stealth rooms with the ability to call Black Cat for a takedown (Hi, Arkham Knight) to make them even easier, and some copy-paste side missions. It's still enjoyable thanks to the very strong core gameplay mechanics, but I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get a new gadget or skills.

It is a strange decision to even split the City That Never Sleeps story into 3 episodes while they run a continuous story, and have it out just a few days before RDR2, which will definitely hurt the sales. While I don't regret buying the digital deluxe version with all the DLC in it, if you don't have it, I'd personally recommend to wait till all 3 episodes are out and play them at once.
  16. Oct 27, 2018
    Heist give you the great storytelling and the feeling of being Spider-man just as the main campaign did, but in a shorter time frame. Black Cat and Spider-man have great chemistry, but with the short amount of game play you don't get the connection to the character you want. I 100% the DLC in about 2 hours, if they would have added Black Cat as a playable character and had you redo missionHeist give you the great storytelling and the feeling of being Spider-man just as the main campaign did, but in a shorter time frame. Black Cat and Spider-man have great chemistry, but with the short amount of game play you don't get the connection to the character you want. I 100% the DLC in about 2 hours, if they would have added Black Cat as a playable character and had you redo mission from her point of view it would have greatly improved the experience. Expand
  17. Oct 26, 2018
    This DLC has a very good story with amazing characters but it's way too short and can be beaten in 3 hours. And the DLC has a cliffhanger that kills the suspension. I ran into major bugs that killed the flow.
  18. Oct 25, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First things first: I've really enjoyed the base game, and did everything including hidden photo ops, maxing out rank for challenges, etc. Naturally, i was really excited for the DLC and started it with high expectations.

The new story-missions are short, but fun. About the same quality as the base game. The story pacing is slow. There are no new boss-fights. And it ends with a massive cliffhanger.
    The new challenges are weird. I enjoyed some, some i found really tedious, especially with the goal in mind, to get the best rating.

Overall, i'd say the DLC is way too short and feels rushed. It's an appetizer, making you wish you'd had more. I hope Insomniac will make up for this messy content with their next DLCs, at the moment i can't recommend buying more than the base edition of Spider-Man.
  19. Oct 25, 2018
    The DLC is definitely a good one with an interesting story and a solid character in Black Cat, but it falls in introducing new things in the game. the screwball challenges are interesting but the character of screwball is incredibly annoying. the new costumes aren't note worthy either. The most intresting of them being the resilient suit but the other two are incredibly bland and boring.The DLC is definitely a good one with an interesting story and a solid character in Black Cat, but it falls in introducing new things in the game. the screwball challenges are interesting but the character of screwball is incredibly annoying. the new costumes aren't note worthy either. The most intresting of them being the resilient suit but the other two are incredibly bland and boring. Normally id have a problem with cliff hangers but since the next DLC comes out in november I'm fine with it. Expand
  20. Oct 25, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), in its base form is a solid 9.5/10. It has one of the best stories told for the character, avoiding the tropes of the character's history, varied activities and characters that leave an impact on you, and all felt meaningful.
    Marvel's Spider-Man's (PS4) first DLC though (The City that Never Sleeps Part I: The Heist), is at best a 6/10. It is incredibly short (100%'d all of the new content in around 4 hours), features NO boss fights, rehashes challenges from the main game for a different character (who you saw in one mission in the base game and she is dreadful-- Screwball), has nothing meaningful happen in the story, attempts to pull off a disappointing take on a twist, and leaves Peter in no different of a state than when he started the DLC.
    DLC 2 had better be better or I'll be ANGERYBOI.
  21. Oct 24, 2018
    If you're expecting a major expansion like The Witcher 3 you will be disappointed. The Heist costs $10 and will take around 3 hours to complete. The story that is being told is compelling but it too short to be memorable. The activities in the open world carry over from the main game so if you like them you will like them here and if you didn't then you won't like them here either. TheIf you're expecting a major expansion like The Witcher 3 you will be disappointed. The Heist costs $10 and will take around 3 hours to complete. The story that is being told is compelling but it too short to be memorable. The activities in the open world carry over from the main game so if you like them you will like them here and if you didn't then you won't like them here either. The voice acting and the animations are still great and the combat is still satisfying. It's safe to assume that the next two dlc releases will be similar to this one so it's time to manage our expectations. Expand
  22. Oct 24, 2018
    Don’t believe the crap the people are telling about the heist dlc, It is very good and worth it very good storytelling and you will love it if you love the peter and mj relationship in the main game the bad thing it’s that I was sad to be kinda of short but it’s a part of a whole story that will be kinda of 10 hours when the other dlcs comes out my advice wait till the come out if not youDon’t believe the crap the people are telling about the heist dlc, It is very good and worth it very good storytelling and you will love it if you love the peter and mj relationship in the main game the bad thing it’s that I was sad to be kinda of short but it’s a part of a whole story that will be kinda of 10 hours when the other dlcs comes out my advice wait till the come out if not you may get sad when you complete this dlc Collapse
  23. Oct 24, 2018
    The dlc is alright. It feels like more of the same, which isn’t a bad thing considering Spider-Man was a very good game. But I was expecting a little more from this. The slightly new things that they did add were hit and miss as well. I liked the new screwball challenges. They seemed wacky and cartoony like the character screwball. I hated the new spider drone disarm the bombs mini gameThe dlc is alright. It feels like more of the same, which isn’t a bad thing considering Spider-Man was a very good game. But I was expecting a little more from this. The slightly new things that they did add were hit and miss as well. I liked the new screwball challenges. They seemed wacky and cartoony like the character screwball. I hated the new spider drone disarm the bombs mini game however. What a boring set of side missions. I have no idea how those got approved for the game. The new mini gun mini boss is also very annoying to deal with. I just kept charging up my finisher to take him out, because he blocks like every single one of your attacks. The story was interesting for the most part. I knew black cat was just gonna stab you in the back like always so it was a matter of just waiting to see when she does it. The set up for the second dlc is intriguing however. All in all I would say you should definitely play this if you can’t get enough of Spider-Man, but if you got your fix with the normal game and need something spectacular to bring you back, this is a definite skip. Expand
  24. Oct 24, 2018
    Fantastic DLC. So fun and enjoyable such as the main game. I wish it would be a bit longer. Cannot wait for the next DLCs.
  25. Oct 24, 2018
    Spider man honra o nome do personagem e suas HQs, trazendo reviravoltas com personagens conhecidos do universo do cabeça de teia,
    A jogabilidade é boa, parecida com a da serie arkhan.
    A jogabilidade é boa, parecida com a da serie arkhan.
    Talvez o que prejudique um pouco é a pressa em fechar o Ato 3. Acho que ficaria melhor colocar os bosses isolado, daria bem mais destaque uma luta solo contra scorpion ou o rino, mas no mais o jogo é muito bom e superou minhas expectativas.
  26. Oct 24, 2018
    More Spiderman is always a great thing. After a month of searching the city for small time thugs to beat up, it is great to have a new story to play through again. I am excited for more stories every month. If this were a subscription service to play Spiderman.... I would pay.
  27. Oct 24, 2018
    Honestly a massive joke. Why bother releasing 3 different dlcs instead of 1 massive one if it's going to a be a 3 part series? It would make more sense to release 1 big complete/polished expansion instead of a buggy/unfinished part 1 out of 3 short DLC.

The story: Story ends in a cliffhanger... what a pile of s**t. So much buildup and an expected ending all to end in a cliffhanger for the 2nd part... Nice. Also it's 2 hours worth of story too.

The gameplay: More or less the same missions with an interesting twist on some of them. But for some reason the general level design was worse than what the main game offered. Sure the main game was pretty easy. But in comparison to the DLC, it's actually much harder (if you are playing on Ultimate) but it's not hard where it actually provides a challenge. More like it's hard because it's unfair, (Looking at the mission(s) specifically with the minigun mobs.) in some mission they shove so many rocket launcher/minigun mobs that you are bound to get hit. It's just poor level design with bad AI placement. It's hands down the hardest part of the game when playing on ultimate. (Even in the Main game it wasn't as bad as this.)

Content: Aka "New taskmaster" challenges and a scavenger hunt (which was the best collectible so far in the game) The challenges were harder and were just modified versions of the original one to gold (in the combat challenges) because of pointless modifiers. (not really a compliant but it could frustrate many players going for gold.) But the new challenge is a fresh idea which I found cool but otherwise nothing to get hyped about. Also the suits are skins (no powerups.... no nothing.) Disappointing really.

This DLC sucks really. it kinda seems like they cut too many corners and just pushed for release rather than making this a meaningful addon to the base game. Instead we just get another 3-4 hours worth of content where they just shove more enemies and add 1 collectible and extra taskmaster challenges. I'd suggest skipping this until all 3 dlc are released.
  28. Oct 23, 2018
    This took me about 5 hours to %100 which is fine for £6 and the story is really good and leaves on great cliffhanger for the next dlc
  29. Oct 23, 2018
    There is a strong feeling it should be whether longer or better. There was only one really unexpected plot twist. The writing is much more shallow than the main game. The ending was very predictable for me and gave me zero feelings. The ending is supposed to be a cliffhanger but it's not. It's the same kind of lazy cliffhanger the infinity war used, if u know what I mean.

Activities are

Activities are a simple reuse of the old ones with a few tweaks. I have no intention of beating them. After the main game I'm sick of these procedural crimes and challenges with excessive rewards.

The only brand new feature of this DLC that wasn't present in the main game is hilarious bugs. I've activated photo mode during cut-scenes with a shortcut and all of a sudden models were repositioned. One character can through another, Spidey can be leg high drowned in the building and so on.

Poor execution for a DLC that was highlighted before release of the game.

P.s. Suits are cool. There should be at least one with a power IMO. In the current state they are just skins.
  30. Oct 24, 2018

1. Nov 8, 2018
    Spider-Man: The Heist feels like a condensed version of the main game. The new story is immediately intriguing and Black Cat makes for a wonderful addition to the cast. If you enjoyed Spider-Man at launch, you need to check out The Heist.
  2. Nov 6, 2018
    It’s unreasonable to expect Marvel’s Spider-Man The Heist to reinvent the wheel here, it’s a DLC for a game that was remarkably popular, and many are clamouring for more. However, I don’t think I’m the only person that will be a little disappointed at Marvel’s Spider-Man playing it safe, and it’s a prime example of how you can have too much of a good thing.
  3. Nov 6, 2018
    The first Spider-Man DLC is short, but a great deal of fun thanks to a great story. It feels like the start of the story though and is not stand-alone, except for the side-missions. Those offer a change of pace and make the package worth it in the end.