8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 7, 2018
    After having played for a couple of hours, I am curious to play more, but I don't think I like this as much as the Arkham games. The combat seems like a nice enough imitation of the Arkham system (the attack and evade buttons are too far apart, though ...), but the investigation, pre-engagement positioning and traversal gameplay is much worse.

The Arkham games had this wonderful sense

The Arkham games had this wonderful sense of being a predator who is in full control of his surroundings. This was most obvious in the stealth encounters against enemies with guns, but it was also the framing of most other fun activities in the games. You monitored your surroundings from the shadows or from above, made a plan, and actively choose to engage with melee fights, stealth sections or puzzles. Some sections were pretty linear despite this, but the games always made it feel like you were planning your approach.

I don't get the sense of being in control of my surroundings at all in Spider-Man. The game doesn't expect me to or reward me for trying to make observations about my surroundings. I feel like I am stumbling from one decent combat encounter to the next one, without having any active part in planning the overall approach to traversal, engaging enemies or puzzles. The game doesn't provide any real options, or even any quality faked ones, which relegates the player to the role of a decision maker and button presser in a series of Arkham style combat encounters.
  2. Sep 7, 2018
    The game's pretty good but its seriously gets repetitive after few hours the combat is very repetitive and at sometimed tedious although the story is good the length of the same is disappointing the open world barring the handful of side activities the new york feels pretty dead the graphics are stunning but one major flaw is how dumb or outdated the A.I in this game is it's justThe game's pretty good but its seriously gets repetitive after few hours the combat is very repetitive and at sometimed tedious although the story is good the length of the same is disappointing the open world barring the handful of side activities the new york feels pretty dead the graphics are stunning but one major flaw is how dumb or outdated the A.I in this game is it's just disappointing to see there is literally no challenge as such the combat is very easy overall good game 7/10 Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2019
    The story is amazing, the gameplay is cool... the side missions... not so much. By the 50th time I stopped a crime I was really fed up and it was the same with all the other side missions like taskmaster or the annoying YouTuber, it was just too repetitive, too much
  4. Nov 18, 2018
    I keep trying to love this game only to realize that I barely like it. I’m a fan of Sony’s third person, single player exclusives - are there any other kind? - but man, I’m just not into it.
  5. Sep 28, 2018
    So glad this game wasn’t rushed for a ‘17 release. Well polished and a load of fun to play.

It does get a bit repetitive but only after about 6 hours straight gameplay- rest for an hour or so and you’ll be itching to get back into the game. (My kids love it too!)
  6. Jan 22, 2019
    The best word to describe this game is "FUN" - It is not a particularly deep game. The storytelling is a bit predictable and shallow. The story is too light and empty for the emotional payoffs at the end to have any real weight. Swinging is great. This is the perfect game to put in when you have an hour or 2 between classes, but don't go into expecting a story of depth and intrigue.The best word to describe this game is "FUN" - It is not a particularly deep game. The storytelling is a bit predictable and shallow. The story is too light and empty for the emotional payoffs at the end to have any real weight. Swinging is great. This is the perfect game to put in when you have an hour or 2 between classes, but don't go into expecting a story of depth and intrigue. Play it to have fun and you will be pleased. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2018
    Game world is amazing, graphics amazing, the swinging.. also amazing. However, the majority of the games story/missions are dull & poorly written. It absolutely has some stand-out moments but overall it's a mostly weak story. Side-missions are incredibly repetitive. Maybe they should've cut down each side-missions category down by a few. The game is enjoyable but it could've been muchGame world is amazing, graphics amazing, the swinging.. also amazing. However, the majority of the games story/missions are dull & poorly written. It absolutely has some stand-out moments but overall it's a mostly weak story. Side-missions are incredibly repetitive. Maybe they should've cut down each side-missions category down by a few. The game is enjoyable but it could've been much better story/mission wise. Honestly feel this game has been & still is incredibly over-hyped. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2019
    It's a cool game. It represents spider man in a perfect adequate way, for me better than any movie have ever done. The New York City map is truly breathtaking. The gameplay mechanics and web-swinging trough out the city are its big selling point. The story is really great too.
    However the low variety and the repetition of secundary missions are disappointing, to say the least . And beyond that it doesn't have much content for a 8th generation so i will give it a 7.
    But anyway if you like super heroes, this game is not to be missed.
    Oh, and that's my opinion so you might not agree to every thing i said and that's fine :) .

But anyway, if you like super hero
  9. Jul 6, 2020
    Although it is not up to Batman of Rocksteady, this game remains a very good game of superheroes but unfortunately with its share of faults. The story is good, the gameplay very good, but the activities are very classic and repetitive, the camera is not precise and certain dialogues recall the writing of a Disney Channel series. But hey, a very good game for 20 or 30 $
  10. Jun 26, 2020
    Ok, first of all, I'm not a Spider-Man fan. But the game was on sale, low price, and I thought why not. And in the end, it's a pretty good game. Not perfect, sometimes lazy and using stuff we've seen a thousands time (ah, the antenna to reveal the maps and stuff.....), with a fighting system coming straight from the Arkham saga, but controller in hands, it's fun to play, the story is oftenOk, first of all, I'm not a Spider-Man fan. But the game was on sale, low price, and I thought why not. And in the end, it's a pretty good game. Not perfect, sometimes lazy and using stuff we've seen a thousands time (ah, the antenna to reveal the maps and stuff.....), with a fighting system coming straight from the Arkham saga, but controller in hands, it's fun to play, the story is often easy to guess but interesting enough, graphics are amazing most of the time, very polished game, great soundtrack. Sometimes, you also play as MJ, and if it's not really interesting, it's nice to see a change of gameplay. Not perfect, not game of the year, but very fun to play, easy plat for those interested too. Expand
  11. Jun 28, 2020
    This game looks amazing. Graphics are beautiful, framerate is great and all. While the story is good, there are not enough things to do in the game's world to make it feel perfect as plenty of people say in those Metacritics reviews. Side quests are good too, but I'm mostly talking about those "backpacks" kind of missions. Finally, with the gameplay being very well crafted, the gameThis game looks amazing. Graphics are beautiful, framerate is great and all. While the story is good, there are not enough things to do in the game's world to make it feel perfect as plenty of people say in those Metacritics reviews. Side quests are good too, but I'm mostly talking about those "backpacks" kind of missions. Finally, with the gameplay being very well crafted, the game deserve a 7 out of 10 in my opinion. Expand
  12. Feb 20, 2019
    A solid superhero game, with great graphics, good game-play and a predictable yet enjoyable story. Not really much more needs to be said. Unfortunately there was nothing about the game that blew me away. Everything felt safe to a degree but nothing blew me away. Still I think this is a must buy for Spider-Man fans and yes I'm a huge Spider-Man fan/
  13. Nov 21, 2018
    Painfully average game with gorgeous graphics. Felt like it was 1/2 a game.... as if they had no idea how to create an interesting flow to the story and just went for open world and fetch quests. Seriously, in order to upgrade your character you are forced to do these mindless "go here activate this" and repeat this to receive "tokens"...Who wants to do chores to "play" a PS4 game?

The

The best part of this game is how well they designed the mecanics behind moving your character. It's really awesome like in Phantom Pain. Yet, it has the same Open world, MMO style flaw.
  14. Oct 15, 2018
    I had really high expectations for this game considering it was developed by Insomniac. However it turned out to be a big let down and a few hours into the game I thought it was actually developed by Ubisoft. The game is littered with garbage side content. Also at several points you're forced to complete quite a bit of this crap to progress. The actual story is nice but very short unlessI had really high expectations for this game considering it was developed by Insomniac. However it turned out to be a big let down and a few hours into the game I thought it was actually developed by Ubisoft. The game is littered with garbage side content. Also at several points you're forced to complete quite a bit of this crap to progress. The actual story is nice but very short unless you plan on doing the garbage side stuff that litteres every corner of the map.

Also the combat is almost a straight copy of the newer Batman games and having played them all before I got bored of the combat in Spiderman very quickly.
  15. Oct 1, 2018
    A good game, but not as great as I was led to believe. The game is pretty repetitive and the side missions lack variety. The bosses are generally fun though. Graphically solid but unexceptional. Overall I honestly enjoyed Batman Arkham Knight more.
  16. Sep 23, 2018
    Unfortunately, many people are simply overlooking the greedy and discriminatory practices of the game.

Before the gane was even released, they already had 3 paid DLC packs announced and advertised that finished off storylines that were left hanging in the actual game! If EA had done this with a single player game, this would have caused an outcry. Secondly, the game is

Secondly, the game is neutral/positive towards the idea of private mercenaries working with their soldiers/copa (and even references them in the game) despite the crimes and violent actions such groups are known for throughout the world. Furthermore, it seems strange that the Demons enemy group is comprised solely of Chinese people who are hateful and violent unlike Fisk's thugs who are a mix of backgrounds who are less antagonized.
    Otherwise, the graphics are pretty good. But one thing to note is that this kind of web swinging was done before in The Amazing Spiderman 2 game for ps4 and Insomniac is not original in bringing it back from the Spiderman 2 game from over a decade ago although it is a nice system they currently have.
  17. Sep 24, 2018
    I had more fun playing Spider-man than the overhyped God of War. That said, Spider’s grand story is overshadowed by its less than stellar gameplay and tedious missions. The absence of a new game plus mode is inexcusable and lowers the game’s replayability. Spider is still worth buying, however, it’s not a match against Batman: Arkham City or even Arkham Asylum—which launched nearly aI had more fun playing Spider-man than the overhyped God of War. That said, Spider’s grand story is overshadowed by its less than stellar gameplay and tedious missions. The absence of a new game plus mode is inexcusable and lowers the game’s replayability. Spider is still worth buying, however, it’s not a match against Batman: Arkham City or even Arkham Asylum—which launched nearly a decade ago. And that’s ironic since Spidey closely mimics Batman’s formula in numerous aspects. Spider-man is a better than average hero game, but it’s safe and repetitive.

Graphically, Spider is decent. Video scenes are solid. Spidey’s animations and outfits are well-rendered. Voice acting is on par with other AAA titles. Acrobating around NYC is smooth enough. The 30fps lock is disappointing tho. Spidey feels sluggish at times since his frantic movements don’t translate well at the substandard frame rate. In hectic moments, frames will abruptly drop into the teens. Spidey is a spastic combatant, and gameplay would’ve greatly benefited from 60fps. The developers should’ve included an option that downgrades graphics to boost frame rates.

I don’t understand the frame lock. Compared to exclusives like Horizon:Zero Dawn and God of War, Spider’s set pieces are unremarkable. The sandbox is large, but buildings and assets are flat and nondescript. Except for landmarks, everything looks the same, and everything is impeccably pristine. There are no signs of wear and tear on structures which have stood for over 100 years. There’s no grime or rust. It’s a forgettable city that’s comprised of generic, copied and pasted assets.

The story starts strong, but quickly stumbles over itself. It mimics Arkham Asylum’s plot. But the end result is uneven pacing, a handful of boring missions, and mostly uninteresting villains. Except for one, villains play minor roles, and encounters with them are formulaic: Dodge, dodge, QTE and then rinse, repeat. They aren't menacing at all.

Fatigue creeps in just after the midgame. Tedious side missions are endlessly recycled. Enemy bases are recycled as well. Enemies are samey, just reskinned for each faction. Players don’t get to explore NYC’s underground, slums, or subways. Players who feel adequately upgraded may just want to focus on the story.

Spider forces gamers to play as other characters in multiple “stealth” missions. These are boring, on-rails missions that exist solely for plot exposition. They comprise roughly an hour or more of the 10 hour campaign. After zipping around as Spider-man, these missions serve as a harsh reminder why such missions suck. Who wants to play as Mary Jane? Nobody.

Spider’s world lacks dynamism. Despite one villain’s miles long rampage, cranes tipping over, and flying wrecking balls demolishing buildings, nothing physically changes once missions end. Buildings are unscathed. Showing a cityscape crumbling apart at the seams would’ve instilled realism and urgency into the game. Characters refer to all the demolition happening around them, but there’s no evidence of it anywhere except roaming gangs of baddies.

Combat is passable, but it lacks Arkham’s refinement. Locating grapple points in stealth is a perfect example. After a sneaky flying kick takedown, Spidey can’t quickly zip away to other locations. Players must rotate the camera until it’s perfectly positioned on certain objects and hope grapple icons appear. Looking at objects isn’t enough tho. The crosshair has to be positioned at exact points on objects, otherwise grapple icons don’t appear. Camera location, distance to objects, and object heights all affect this as well. A cumbersome, inexact process. Targeting specific enemies for web attacks is just as awkward.

Spider’s combat emphasizes gravity defying dodging and stunts. But the lack of aiming on certain moves and poor camera angles handicaps the hero. He will web pull enemies from out of frame although he’s looking directly at other ones. This leads to unavoidable damage. Performing multiple instant takedowns is problematic because enemies are occluded during the close up, slowmo animations.

Although Arkham's Batman moves slower than Spidey, his moveset is precise and deliberate. Batman’s focus on brute force combat translates well ingame and provides players a greater sense of control. Gadget use in Batman fares better as well. Overall, Spider’s combat is chaotic, but not always in a good way.

Spidey can only refill gadgets by performing enemy takedowns. Specific takedowns are required to refill each gadget. Players with slow reflexes will enter battles unprepared. Focusing on suit upgrades which mitigate damage is helpful.

Spider-man isn’t a bad game, but it needs a new game plus, better set pieces, a streamlined story, and more polished combat. It doesn’t dethrone Arkham Batman as the king of the hill. One playthrough is enough for me.
  18. Dec 9, 2018
    Mixed feelings after completing the game.. Web-zipping is the best part of the game. Story is ok. Fighting is the worst part of game. Why the hell spider-man needs to punch average man 10 times until knock him down ? You don't feel like a super hero, you feel like a ****

Web-zipping gameplay: 10/10
    Story : 6/10
    Fighting: 0/10
  19. Sep 21, 2018
    What could be an amazing game is brought down by a weak story and forcing you to go stealth with miles and mj. You could tell that insomniac put a lot of love into this game but at the same time you can also tell that they were doing whatever they could to make the game as long as possible. The mechanics of Spiderman are flawless. They nailed the fluidity of swinging throughout the cityWhat could be an amazing game is brought down by a weak story and forcing you to go stealth with miles and mj. You could tell that insomniac put a lot of love into this game but at the same time you can also tell that they were doing whatever they could to make the game as long as possible. The mechanics of Spiderman are flawless. They nailed the fluidity of swinging throughout the city and the combat. It's basically how I felt about my first time playing arkham. I felt like I was actually Spiderman. For me where the game starts to fall apart is he story and the side missions. Anytime a story mission goes into either a lab scene or an mj/ miles scene the game loses its step. There were far to many campaign missions that just felt like filler. I think now that they have the core mechanics down the sequel will be something truly great but for now this game just falls short on reinventing the arkham style. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2018
    I loved this game. I have on PlayStation a platinum. For me, this gamr is amazing,great missions, good side quests, the best game story of the year. But, there's some bugs that just don't let me put a 10 score review. Also, I think the game is challenging, but there's some boring secondary missions. But trust this should be the game of the year. I have the on 100% on only 1 week. Why askI loved this game. I have on PlayStation a platinum. For me, this gamr is amazing,great missions, good side quests, the best game story of the year. But, there's some bugs that just don't let me put a 10 score review. Also, I think the game is challenging, but there's some boring secondary missions. But trust this should be the game of the year. I have the on 100% on only 1 week. Why ask you Metacritic users. I'll respond y'all with i simply got addicted on this amzingly addictive game. Expand
  21. Nov 4, 2018
    Details: 7
    Mechanics: 7
    Animations : 9
    Boss fight : 5
    Pro: tons of costumes
    Con: boring boss fights and too much ripetitive
  22. Jul 9, 2019
    This is most overvalued game about Spider-man because. Not a best combat in spider-man games we knew "Spiderman web of shadows" player will have a most worked combat. Not a most worked open world, in the "Spider-man 2 the game" player will can find a open doors in the bar's, shop's and more. Not a best web swing without "bullet fly" and crawling on web. But in this game we have a lots ofThis is most overvalued game about Spider-man because. Not a best combat in spider-man games we knew "Spiderman web of shadows" player will have a most worked combat. Not a most worked open world, in the "Spider-man 2 the game" player will can find a open doors in the bar's, shop's and more. Not a best web swing without "bullet fly" and crawling on web. But in this game we have a lots of costumes no we have a very COOL costumes and very good picture. Expand
  23. Sep 16, 2018
    YEs, this game does deliver the Spider Man experience for the true lover of the webslnger. Yes, the game plays fun and is also a great sandbox. its full of features to unlock, some RPGish elements and having no micro transactions is huge. They could seriously have made purchasing costumes a micro transaction heaven. ITs a decent looking game. Not amazing by any means but solid.YEs, this game does deliver the Spider Man experience for the true lover of the webslnger. Yes, the game plays fun and is also a great sandbox. its full of features to unlock, some RPGish elements and having no micro transactions is huge. They could seriously have made purchasing costumes a micro transaction heaven. ITs a decent looking game. Not amazing by any means but solid. Everything about it is fun and rewarding and addicting. It must be pointed out that this is THE biggest ripoff of the Rocksteady Arkham games you will ever play. Literally, I was playing the game and couldn't stop thinking..."this is batman reskinned for Spider-Man". It has to be pointed out and it should affect the overall score. It didn't even try to break new ground in any areas of the game. Thats probably not a dealbreaker for anyone and for many its probably something that will make them like the game more. I still think it deserves to affect the overall rating of the game. Expand
  24. Dec 12, 2018
    The good thing about the game is the outstanding gameplay during the games actions sequences, which there are plenty of. Though its implementation of an open world is very poor and is lacking of enjoyable content. The map is riddled with side activates but unfortunately these are way to repetitive and simply not fun to do. The fact that you also have to take part in these activates inThe good thing about the game is the outstanding gameplay during the games actions sequences, which there are plenty of. Though its implementation of an open world is very poor and is lacking of enjoyable content. The map is riddled with side activates but unfortunately these are way to repetitive and simply not fun to do. The fact that you also have to take part in these activates in order to upgrade your equipment forces you to do things that you may not find as entertaining.

There is also something about the pace and the setting of the game that feels a little bit off. It feels like you are jumping from gameplay area to gameplay area without it feeling coherent enough which ruins the immersion. And the world itself, even though it’s pretty, feels un-interactive and bland.

In the end this game suffers from a common flaw in games nowadays, it is way too shallow. The story is ok and the action is great but that’s not enough for me to praise the game with a higher score.
  25. Sep 13, 2018
    There is nothing here i haven't played before,
    batman in spider-man's suit. Some of the missions bland and ho hum, the combat system been there done that, bored with it quickly.
    Well at least looks good. Good for a pre-owned purchase.
  26. Sep 21, 2018
    This is an ok game. I am a bit disappointed to be honest. The graphics are good, the frame rate runs really well most of the time. The story is very good. The voice acting draws you in making you want to root for ol Spidey. So, if the graphics are good, the story and characters, why is the game a 6? Simple, the game play is not up to snuff and the pacing is horrible. I wish there was moreThis is an ok game. I am a bit disappointed to be honest. The graphics are good, the frame rate runs really well most of the time. The story is very good. The voice acting draws you in making you want to root for ol Spidey. So, if the graphics are good, the story and characters, why is the game a 6? Simple, the game play is not up to snuff and the pacing is horrible. I wish there was more upgrades for attacks and abilities in the game. Sure, Spidey has some, but not enough to keep the combat engaging. After awhile, the fighting can get very repetitive. I think the real problem is how most of the enemies just require you to use basic moves. Maybe adding some villians in there who would have demanded more moves and techniques would have spiced up the action. But, all of that pales to the big problem which is pacing. There is so much action packed bosses at the beginning of the game with lots of neat challenges and obstacles to overcome, but the problem is the middle. Oh my God! It gets so boring! No challenge from any of the enemies and the fighting gets to the point of repetitive which made me just want to put the game down. The end picks back up, but the 5 hours of downright boredom I experienced before it picks up back towards the end.

I know a lot of people are enjoying this game and that is cool, but for me, this ends up another disappointing game for the PS4 lineup this year. GOW, Detroit and now Spider Man have been major letdowns for me. After an incredible 2017, 2018 has not been as kind to the PS4, and I thought Spider Man would easily be my PS4 game of the year. I really was looking forward to this game. Looks like I will have to wait for another Spider Man game before I can call one great. It is something I am seeing more in western games now. Developers seem to focus on style over substance which has caused me to navigate more to eastern games (Persona, Dragon Ball, Ys YIII, to name a few), I really wanted to like this game and it isn't a bad game, not by a long shot, but some really bad choices in pacing and combat drag it down to just an above average game I am sad to say.
  27. Sep 24, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Game is good and the graphics are excellent but story was a little bit annoying for me
    The Ending of the game and the boring story and side missions make you irritated sometimes.
    In this game I felt like I was out of Marvel , and this is not connected even a little bit with comics.
    The boss fight of shocker was frustating for me and the fight with DR.Octavious oh my god it is the worst. The side of peter needs to interesting rather than Boring.
    But still people loved it the story was not for me.
  28. Sep 9, 2018
    it's a good game not as good as rocksteadys take on batman but certainly a good first attempt by insomniac graphical downgrade i honestly can't tell looks fine to me combat batmans system felt much better but it does feel unique the world and story however feel to pg 13 it's just to nice a little bit of political correctness sneaking into the game spoils the immersion just doesn't feelit's a good game not as good as rocksteadys take on batman but certainly a good first attempt by insomniac graphical downgrade i honestly can't tell looks fine to me combat batmans system felt much better but it does feel unique the world and story however feel to pg 13 it's just to nice a little bit of political correctness sneaking into the game spoils the immersion just doesn't feel real the game world size is far to small as well misson variety and villains where thin on the horizon the game as said is a good first attempt but not deserving of all the tens shows how starved people are this year for quality games Expand
  29. Sep 11, 2018
    After soo much waiting the game has finally launched and honestly i dont know what the hell is wrong with people this game doesnt deserve a 10/10 or a 9/10 thats just being dishonest its a good game but it has issues BIG issues mind you and im gonna point them all out in this review.

1. the game is too repetitive 2. it lacks fun openworld activities 3. lacking in animations 4.

1. the game is too repetitive

2. it lacks fun openworld activities

3. lacking in animations

4. Dynamic crime system is limited to 5 crimes per district per enemy type (meaning if you progress in the story and discover new enemies they will start to commit crimes the problem is the crimes arent randomly generated and infinite meaning you have a limited amount of them)

5. miles morales and marry jane gameplay sections all boil down to sneaking past guards and are pointless.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

THE GOOD

1. web swinging and overall traversal is AMAZING

2. the combat is phenomenal

3. the story is fantastic

4. the boss fights are fun for the most part

5. the suits and gadgets upgrade system is awesome

6. the characters are great

7. the game was suprisingly stable not a single crash on my system

8. the collectibles are awesome

9. the visuals are so mind blowing that they make arkham knight look pixelated by comparison

10. the controlls are very well done

All in all its a good game but it has issues, issues that shouldnt be there in the first place i dont understand why soo many people are giving it a 10/10 or a 9/10 it just doesnt deserve that rating be honest for **** sake. if you want to buy the game now id say go ahead its worth the price for the most part if you can look past some issues that is. i hope the sequel fixes most of these problems.
  30. Sep 7, 2018
    Yes he has a donwgrade, yes he has a good story, yes he has an ok combat system and yes this feels like a Arkham Knight Mod
    Sorry is a meh game
  31. Sep 14, 2018
    Marvel’s Spider-Man is a game with many faults, but it’s still easy to enjoy. If you’re committed to doing everything, you’re probably going to burn out. So much of the side content strings you along with rote gameplay, and the story alone isn’t going to be enough to get you through the entire runtime. But, if you’re just looking for a fun Spider-Man power trip, then simply doing the storyMarvel’s Spider-Man is a game with many faults, but it’s still easy to enjoy. If you’re committed to doing everything, you’re probably going to burn out. So much of the side content strings you along with rote gameplay, and the story alone isn’t going to be enough to get you through the entire runtime. But, if you’re just looking for a fun Spider-Man power trip, then simply doing the story missions and skimming the surface of the optional content will be a fantastically fun time. The combat, traversal, and general gameplay are all fantastic, and I’ll be looking forward to the future DLC as an opportunity to play with new combat scenarios. A sequel is all but confirmed at this point, and there is a lot of potential here for an incredibly strong follow-up. Marvel’s Spider-Man may not have an interesting story to tell, but its great combat and swinging mechanics make the wait for an inevitable sequel more than bearable. Expand
  32. Sep 9, 2018
    This is a maximum effort of generic. Nobody will talk about this game in about a month.
  33. Sep 7, 2018
    I've been sitting here staring at the screen for half an hour, thinking what to say. This is what I came up with: Spider man just killed himself out of boredom because Insomniac Games appointed him to the mayor of town mediocreville where everything he does is so mundane, he would rather castrate himself little by little, using a cheese grater.

As said, everything is just ok. There is

As said, everything is just ok. There is nothing great about this game. Story is just fine. Gameplay is just fine. Graphics are just fine. Voice acting... wanna guess.. Yes! Just **** fine.

In combat enemies constantly swarm you and the dodge mechanic leaves you open for attacks because after a dodge spider-man stays still for a time that seems like eternity until he can move again. Combat like this was much better in games like Batman archam series and Mad Max. Also Spider-man suddenly seems like the weakest super hero ever. Is this some kind of parody? Even kick ass is stronger than this spider-man. Couple of hits from a common thug and your dead? On medium- or "amazing" difficulty as it's called in this case the game is harder than Technomancer. If you haven't played that one, I urge you to try it. It makes darksouls look like that little puzzle box where you put different shaped blocks thru the right holes. And that's what the puzzles are like in this game. I did one with my eyes closed. I sh't you not!

What the hell is this trend of xp and character levels in every game on the market these days. How about creating a strong story line, challenging but fair combat system and fun side missions that give the player bonuses that aid in tough fights? How about out of your **** mind crazy ass boss fights that make you sweat? Nope! Instead go and find back bags that award you with one extra spider suit if you find them all. Except you don't have to find them. They are marked on your map. WTF?! So is this what the game designing just is these days? Where did all the fun go?

Holly sh't am i disappointed. I'm a huge spider-man fan and this game is pretty much a slap to my face. I want to like this game so much but it just isn't possible. On a positive note, the web slinging is pretty fun and it's implemented very well. I'm in a little disbelieve because in trailers this looked so much better. What happened between the latest trailer and launch? Where did all that amazing super hero sh't vanish? I sure as hell can't find it.

I give this game a score of one gray toyota prius out of Lemmy Kilmister raising from the dead and riding a flaming dragon while cutting off Justin Biebers head..

..where's my flaming dragon for f'cks sake!!
  34. Sep 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've completed the game, all harry research stations, all backpacks, all pigeons, all bases, all landmarks.
    I just need to finish up challenges and I'm going to have the 100% mark done pretty soon. So I have a comprehensive experience on it.

This unfortunately is being run by a hype machine, it's nowhere near the 90s people are giving it and over rates the game and misleads people to where it's at.

The obvious good points are the visuals are great, along with the web traversal, it's intuitive and very smooth. You will rarely ever swing into a building and donk yourself against it, losing all the momentum you've built up. (although that should be a given in a spider-man game).
    I liked a lot of details like the little tweet section and JJ podcasts that adds a layer of immersion to the world. The interiors on buildings that you're crawling past despite eventually being copy paste still managed to impress me because of the effort of city detail when they could have just put mirrored windows on

The core story is very short, and the padding as Mary Jane/Miles Moral can be extremely tedious when you just want to get to being spiderman and I ended up just speed running as them and finding not a lot of issues in recklessly running around as them.
    The bosses themselves are waaaaay to easy, Their patterns you figure out within 15 seconds because they're that repetitive. And you just end up rinse/repeating that strategy until the cutscene arrives which can feel a bit of a chore not a engaging challenge to over come.

The story lingers a lot on Martin Lee, like, a lot. A good 66% of the game is about stopping him so the sinister 6 thing feels a little rushed because you only get one mission boss fight with them each and then they're gone. Made them kinda disposable characters for some of spidermans main villains.

Most of those are legit criticisms but not worthy of bringing it down three points...but my biggest gripe? The side missions/side quests. The most mundane rinse and repeat fetch quests/time trials/"map reveal" watchtower clichés that we have seen time and time and time again in open world games. They're getting so repetitive in the genre that I'm already bored of them the first time I ever played them in the game because I've already done it a million times before.

The set crime response missions were pretty good, but they need to make it more organic. Kind of like a radiant system with a wide plethora of missions. All the way from stopping bank heists to helping old ladies cats out of trees. Bring back the friendly neighborhood spider-man.

I feel like it's a good start for spider-man, but insomniac weren't trying to make an amazing game rather than a decent one to make the set up for a sequel that REALLY has potential. (symbiotes, which I was kinda disappointment didn't make an appearance here.)

Also, PLEASE devs, PLEASE. Make villains unlockable characters to play again like when the first sam raimi spiderman game let me play as the green goblin, or how ultimate Spiderman let me play venom.
    Do you realise how god damn cool it is to play as those characters, or doc ock? Missing out there
  35. Sep 15, 2018
    This game is very good, but has a lot of bugs, the camera should be better, and when you dodge it doesn't work every time. Besides that the game is very very similar to Batman Arkham Knight, almost a copy. The story is good and the graphics are crazy.
  36. Sep 16, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-man has an excellent narrative for anyone tired of the same origin story retold over and over again. However, after getting around my love for the web-slinging spider I got to notice all the flaws fans seem to miss. Don't get me wrong it a great experience for a spider-man fan, the web-slinging is great but not perfect.

The combat is incredibly repetitive and easy. I

The combat is incredibly repetitive and easy. I found myself creating the same moves over and over again, even as i got into the latter parts of the game. it went from dodging to smashing the attack button to pressing triangle to go to the next enemy and repeat. I found not much of a reason to upgrade my skill tree after a while. Though I strangely liked this better than the Batman Arkham games.

The graphics don't seem as good as i thought as they would be. After hearing about the whole puddle controversy digital foundry confirmed that the graphics had actually gotten an upgrade but I am not seeing any improvements. The character models are fine with the exceptions on Peter. I am not one to usually pick on a game for its graphics cause that's not a game's main strength but I couldn't get over Peter's strange design, specifically his eyes. Mary Jane also seems to lack the design I remembered from comics and cartoon series as she is more of an average looking redhead with Lois Lane traits instead of the girl next door bombshell.

As for the story, if you play other PS4 exclusive games then you can probably see the similar formula. As they try hard to copy the same cinematic experience you see when you go to a movie theater. Not a bad thing but when it becomes a consistent trend I fear more games will follow this practice and prioritize it over gameplay. I was also disappointed in the lack of villain fights during the game, they weren't many and the early ones felt more like a tutorial than actual boss fights. Black Cat's mission was anti-climatic, the side quest were hardly challenging and the MJ/Miles segments were unnecessary.

While I love playing as Spider-man I do wish there more choices to play as him rather than follow a linear scripted narrative, but that's just me. I'm sure a lot of people loved the quirky humor and laughable segments with Spider-man and Yuri or the J.J. podcast. Overall I liked this game but it isn't a 10/10 just because of the graphics and easy clone combat of Arkham. It isn't a bad game and it definitely isn't a masterpiece but it does need improvement. Hopefully, the DLC won't feel like cut off content.
  37. Sep 17, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MAJOR SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING AHEAD!

I was originally gonna write a long and boring review about the game but I thought might as well just write a few of my points here. I was a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid playing the PSX title and watching the animated series on TV back when it still aired, my point being I love everything Spider-Man.

When Insomniac announced they were developing the game I was thrilled, and now that I got to play it, I think Insomniac has done a lot of great work. Such as:

Great graphics despite the ps4 being relatively weak

Combat is super fluid and fun, the swinging is top notch too

RPG elements and simple skill trees

Suits that were never before seen in other SM games

Good writing in Act 1 and 2, the beggining of the game is fun and doesn’t include uncle Ben

Good camera mode, I never really use it but when I tried it was fun and unique

City looks amazing and vibrant while you’re swinging.

Obviously the list goes on as a lot of the game is done right, but I also feel like the game has rocky parts that are almost left unaddressed, such as:

Arc 3 feels super rushed. The writing goes from being good to cliche/surface level lines such as “you don’t know me” “this is what we do, we save the world” “I trusted you” “you were my hero” “I never stopped caring” bla bla. I just feel like the ending had no weight whatsoever.

Silver Sable is extremely underdeveloped as a character (similarity to Nadine in Uncharted 4)

Marry Jane is being toxic, and despite this she gets back together with Peter and claims that "she never stopped caring" haha like what?? The ending is obviously pure fan service in response to the “One More Day” arc in the comics, which it didn’t even have to be considering none of this had even happened in this games universe, by now we have already agreed that it was a horrible choice to reset SM like that, why base the ending on that? Peter doesn’t deserve being in a relationship with someone as irresponsible and selfish as this universes MJ just because the plot demands it. There was a chance to do something unique here, maybe show that Peter has matured and realized that this was not a good idea for either her or him.

Research Stations try to force me to care about not only Harry whom we only see post credits but also his dead mom whom I’ve never even seen in anything SM and smoke clouds around NY.

You get a taste of what side missions were supposed to be like (tombstone) but since development probably had to be rushed they ended up being “go beat up these corrupt students four times” (extremely repetitive)

City feels as dead as it did in the past few games. If you stand still in one area you notice that cars don’t move, NPC don’t have animated mouths, they mostly just freeze up and you hear lines thrown at you from both channels.

Last but not least, non existing boss battles. The last battle came kind of close but as soon as you die you reload almost right where you died on all of them.

I wrote this post because I’m very passionate about both SM and this game, and I truly feel Insomniac is the best studio to handle SM games, but I also write it because this game has been getting so many 10/10 reviews as well as praise which I don’t think it deserves. Ultimately this game was a strong 6/10 for me, meaning it was enjoyable and mostly good, just not great. I’m looking forward to their next SM title! Sorry for the long post guys!
  38. Sep 12, 2018
    Spider-Man arrives after a long hiatus but whilst the visuals are clearly up to the standards we expect from gaming in this era, the game-play itself is very generic and dare I say, last gen.

Spider-Man is not 'new' to being the 'superhero' so we don't get yet another origin story. However, Spider-Man still has to unlock the map using towers that many Ubisoft Open World games did in the past. For someone that has been Spider-Man in New York for years, its disappointing to see that Spider-Man doesn't know New York until he unlocks the towers. Combat is rip off of Batman Arkham games - albeit with a bit more verticality thanks to the more athletic Spider-Man but I do think its less responsive too. There are some great animations in combat but these have to play out before you can do the next move. This can be frustrating as after a dodge, there is a pause before Spider-man can 'move' again which makes the controls feel unresponsive at times. Sometimes Combat feels great, at other times it feels frustrating, sluggish, unresponsive and for a 'super' hero, known for his strength - which we do see at times (like lifting up cars or collapsed concrete beams), he feels remarkably weak in combat where it can take a few punches to be killed yet some basic goons will take a lot of Spider-Mans attacks to knock them down. Not great when swarmed by 3 or more and dodging leaves you vulnerable to a hit before you can resume your attack.

On the ground, Spiderman feels very sluggish, not very athletic at all in running. Swinging can feel great when it works but again, there are times when the controls don't seem very responsive. Wall crawling is slow and running up buildings often can seem erratic too. Spider-Man can't climb metal towers either despite the fact that they are like 'ladders' that normal humans wouldn't struggle climbing.

The open World is well realised but despite being more populated by 'civilians' and vehicles, something the Arkham games weren't, its not particularly interesting (other than visually). The activities and Side Quests are mundane and more filler than anything else. You do have the 'bases' with waves of enemies, random 'crimes' that are repeated in different areas, places of interest to photograph and back-packs to collect. These are not exactly 'skippable' either as you need these to upgrade gadgets and craft suits - how a photograph/backpack helps here, I don't know. Its all just filler, repetitive and/or mundane.

I won't go into the story to avoid spoilers but there are a lot of scripted elements and a number of QTE's too. You can't come up with your own strategy to beat a boss for example and often rely on dodging until a certain window of opportunity instructs you to use your webs to jam up or swing a heavy object at the boss and repeat until you move to a different phase.

I know this sounds 'negative' overall but its not all bad. Its very much an 'old' (last gen) game in its format, its game-play and open world but with a quite impressive current gen visual. Its not very innovative and has a lot of aspects that other games get 'criticised' for today - just look at Ubisoft open world games and the general reviewers comments about towers, bases and mundane side quests/activities. I do think that if you are a Spidey fan, as I am, this will score more than the sum of its parts but as 2018 game, its not contemporary with what we expect from other open world games now.

To address the 'downgrade' issue, its certainly not a bad looking game at all and there are some areas that are far more complex than the E3 image comparisons we have seen. Whilst its true that scene is a downgrade in terms of complexity, I can believe that the change was made more out of man-power, budget and/or time limitations - having to create specific reflections foe every rooftop rather than having one 'generic' reflection and reducing the puddles so that the missing building reflections aren't an issue because of the placement of the smaller puddles was not a decision based on hardware performance. I am sure the PS4 could have handled that scene but Insomniac changed it because they didn't have the time, budget and/or manpower to create bespoke reflections for 'every' puddle, every rooftop etc in the game and it was much easier, as well as take up less space, to make one 'generic' reflection that can be used everywhere.

Anyway, I am awarding this game a 7 out of 10 as a Spidey fan but you can take 1 off if you are indifferent to Spider-Man. Its a game that 'borrows' from others (Arkham, Ubisoft Open Worlds etc) and wraps them up in some impressive visuals and relying on Spider-Mans popularity to sell rather than being something 'new' and fresh with the Game-play as its major selling point.
  39. Sep 10, 2018
    The open world is cool and the game play is pretty high up there, but I really feel like the story is super meh. There are new mini bosses around every single corner of the story and you end up playing more characters later on in the game and you ask yourself "why?".

This is supposed to be a spider man game and the extra characters feel super out of place and forced just for the sake of inclusion. Instead, just make them part of the interactions with Spiderman!

Combat is pretty well done, no complaints there. People are saying it get's stale, but I never had that thought. The world is good, but definitely not perfect. The puzzles you need to complete are borderline 3rd grade level, tedious, non interactive and frankly boring... They also don't make much sense logically. However the web slinging and interactions with the world itself are very well done and I was surprised at how much you could do with it.

If they made the story better and polished the 'theme' of the game, it would probably be a 9 just because the combat and the "I am actually Spiderman" moments.
    However currently it feels a bloated and not well thought out.
  40. Jun 20, 2020
    Overrated game with very bad combat and a thousands of reprtitive missions. It seems ok at the begining but near end number of combat become avesomely high.
  41. Sep 9, 2018
    the game is very good, good graphics and big open world. But the experience is tarnished by a fall of fps without any explanation and a good amount of bugs to which more curious
  42. Sep 19, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is currently my game of the year. I struggled a bit at the beginning because I was trying to play it like Arkham, but once I learned to utilize all of my gadgets and focus on the brutes and gun men first, I feel badass taking out 30+ enemies only taking a couple hits. The story is pretty good. It focuses on Mister Negative and his rise to power at first, and then you get the entire Sinister Six in the closing act of the game. Over all a really good game.

Edit: down from 9/10 to 6/10 because while in the main game you could almost always go in direct or stealth, I always did direct. Now i am doing side missions that require stealth and it is absolute bull. The punch and stealth kill are on the same button, and the game seems to randomly pick which it is going to do. You can kill enemies if you are on a wall and the enemy is close to the edge, but spider-man keeps jumping up on the ledge when I am nowhere close to it and gets me killed. Enemies keep seeing me through walls as well. Great game that was killed with **** stealth mechanics.
  43. Sep 7, 2018
    Good Game, could look better (E3 footage). map transversal gets old real quick, combat not as fluid as Arkham. Fun game
  44. Sep 7, 2018
    Game looks good. Still needs lot of improvements as doest look like it looked in E3 at all(in a bad way). I tried to convince myself that its different from arkham knight but the truth is this game reminds me of batman on every way except there is no batmobile "till now".
  45. Sep 8, 2018
    I played through to the end in about a day. The game has a lot of side content on the surface, but in reality it's just the same 6 or so missions recycled every 4 blocks or so. Once I saw thieves rob the exact same store for the fourth time I decided to avoid side content when possible and stick to the main story when possible.

The story itself while decent could use some work. This

The story itself while decent could use some work. This game starts out slow and reaches a peak during the last 5 or so missions. The side character stealth missions are enjoyable if nothing new. The spider-man missions are fun at times but tend to get repetitive due to the game's combat. The combat in the game is Arkham's combat with almost no modification. The main difference is that you have a web shooter that can incapacitate all enemy types provided their on the floor. Nothing new is really added and the game mainly just adds more enemies as the game goes on. All early missions follow a strict formula where you either fight enemies or do some stealth takedowns from above (this is taken from the Arkham series as well). Stealth gameplay is pretty basic so it loses it's charm after the first few times. The main story gets a bit better at the end when it goes into bigger set pieces instead of repeated content used over and over again, however this makes up only about 15-10% of the story overall so the main campaign could have used a bit more polish.

This game may be worth playing if you really like spider-man (which I do), but as a game it doesn't do anything really well or interestingly so for most there are other games that are better worth your money.
  46. Sep 10, 2018
    tl;dr review:
    Good fighty swingy. Tinges of wokeness. MJ ugly af. Doesn't follow the comics. Story too short. Wait for it to drop to $20-30.
    Full review: I spent the entire weekend playing this game. I've played most every Spider-Man game since the NES, and I think I even played the DOS version back in the day. Several have been horrible. This one is just meh. It's not a Amazing (pun
    tl;dr review:

Full review:
    I spent the entire weekend playing this game. I've played most every Spider-Man game since the NES, and I think I even played the DOS version back in the day. Several have been horrible. This one is just meh. It's not a Amazing (pun intended), but it's not trash. The main reason I play Spider-Man games anymore is to see Venom and /or Green Goblin. This game has neither.

What this game does have is an SJW coating. Almost every new character is a person of color. The only exceptions I saw were a guy with a man bun whose ethnicity I could not determine, a cop who was a jerk, and a football player, who again, was a jerk. Luckily they didn't race/gender swap any existing characters. It also appears that they intentionally hired unattractive actors as Mary Jane is a square jawed, plump faced, ginger without any sex appeal whatsoever. Aunt May isn't meant to be a sex symbol, but she looks like a crack whore in this game. Peter just doesn't look like Peter to me, but he's the least offensive of the main protagonists.

The main story is too short. All the side missions, backpacks, etc. pad it well, but I was able to get 80+ percent in every area after about 25 hours, and I think you could do just the main story in 10.

The story deviates widely from any of the comics. It's an interesting take, but the scene after the credits made me strongly dislike the story as a whole. Without spoiling anything, it appears that two characters will be combined in the next game. Looking back on it, the story feels like a Rian Johnson wannabe, where expectations were subverted but not in a good way.

I would always sigh in frustration every time I was forced to play as anyone other than Peter. I don't like the Miles Morales story line from the comics, and his inclusion in this game just feels forced. Now, there was one section where you get to see Spider-Man in the background doing his thing, and that was pretty fun and creative, but just sneaking around is very counter intuitive to what I expect from an action game. I don't play metal gear solid because I don't wanna hide in the dark, I wanna run up and punch people.

Now for the good. The combat, albeit almost too easy on normal, is very satisfying. Being able to turn off quick time event prompts, button mashes, and tedious brain teasers was much appreciated. The web swinging never got boring for me. It was nice that with the exception of a few areas, I never had a problem with finding something to swing from. This has been frustrating in other SM games. Wall crawling around corners or trying to jump off a building was a little clunky, but overall it was easy to traverse the city, and it never felt like a chore.

The graphics are top notch. Detail put into office buildings and apartments is great. Looking through a window you could even see action figures sitting on shelves. Due to the unattractive actors, I almost wish the graphics weren't so good. With the exception of hair, faces are lifelike. Some of the boss fights are stunning, but the main or co-main villain fights have too much dialogue. It causes the story to lag and lose weight. The long section that was shown at e3 was the best part of the game in my opinion, and I was sad that it was spoiled for me beforehand. All the boss fights were far too easy on normal. Perhaps doing side activities leveled me up too much, but I didn't just run around doing everything before doing the story missions either.

With respect to the glowing reviews this game is receiving, there is a disturbing trend lately where mediocre games are called masterpieces. I love games, I love Insomniac games, and I liked this game, but if I was gonna replay one from this series, it would be Ultimate Spider-Man. Maybe my nostalgia goggles are on, but that game had a great art style, a story that was faithful to the comics, great web swinging, and Venom and Carnage. I wouldn't even say that game is a masterpiece. It's a solid 8/10.
  47. Sep 11, 2018
    Great game, im enjoying the story. The customization aspect of the game is down right fun. However, some of the challenges are, to me, pointless and seems nothing more to serve as filler for the great but ultimately, not that long of a story and to justify the exorbitant price. If the challenges weren't necessary to help boost your equipment, i wouldn't bother with them
  48. Sep 5, 2019
    Juego que aburre en menos de media hora, mundo abierto sin vida y lleno de bugs. Puede ser visualmente impresionante pero cuando levantas la alfombra puedes ver que no es oro todo lo que reluce, y ademas con 3 dlc que han van a sacar acoste de recortar contenido. Asi Sony no,asi no.
  49. Sep 13, 2018
    Unpopular opinion - Marvel's Spider-Man is just a good game

Unpopular opinion - Marvel's Spider-Man is just a good game

Marvel's Spider-Man is a good game and nothing more. The only thing that draws grind and repetitive side quests - moving around the city on the web and then, after two hours of cramming all the possibilities of the Spider. The city is dead and nothing happens in it, but you do not notice flying over the streets. It is worth stopping for one minute as the magic breaks down.

We will not talk about the plot - everyone who wanted to, already familiar with it. He is, but it is more interesting to learn about those eight years past, through the found objects and comments of Peter, than to immerse himself in a new story.

Our assessment: You do not need to buy a console for Marvel's Spider-Man, but if you already own PS4, then not paying at least 5 hours would be a crime. P.S. Provided that you do not know where to put $ 60
  50. Sep 10, 2018
    Bueno juego pero creo pudieron hacer algo mejor esperemos la segunda parte mejoren lo que falto en esta.
  51. Sep 9, 2018
    Fun comic-book action that should keep Spidey fans entertained. Good superhero action; far better fare than the N64 Superman nightmare.
  52. Jul 3, 2020
    The combat fills up a major portion of the game with dull and repetitive action. Open-world tasks are varied enough with, for example, doves to catch, and other varied content. But the combat is also a massive part of the side content in the open-world. And the combat is so repetitive. The main campaign has its moments, but mostly it shifts between combat and stealth or exploration.The combat fills up a major portion of the game with dull and repetitive action. Open-world tasks are varied enough with, for example, doves to catch, and other varied content. But the combat is also a massive part of the side content in the open-world. And the combat is so repetitive. The main campaign has its moments, but mostly it shifts between combat and stealth or exploration. Sometimes the game serves up a chase or web-swinging action, these sequences are welcome. The graphics are amazing, especially when the sun reflects in skyscrapers and the whole bustling city feels alive and worth exploring. But most likely, what you find around the corner is yet another combat scene. Expand
  53. May 24, 2019
    After playing a game, I like to let it simmer for a bit before I assemble my overall impressions. What do I remember the most? Do positives or negatives stand out more? Etc. It seems to me, based on my recollections, that the fantastic feeling of just being Spidey carries this game. Not much else does. The story isn't bad or anything, but the campaign just wasn't much fun. My mainAfter playing a game, I like to let it simmer for a bit before I assemble my overall impressions. What do I remember the most? Do positives or negatives stand out more? Etc. It seems to me, based on my recollections, that the fantastic feeling of just being Spidey carries this game. Not much else does. The story isn't bad or anything, but the campaign just wasn't much fun. My main memories of it are boring stealth missions as MJ or some other kid. Yawn. The bulk of the playtime and highly repetetive fun is housed in the numerous "sidequests", which just have you web around town doing the same things over and over. There are also about 700 bad guy nests to clear. This game was designed on the philosophy of doubling down on Ubisoft's Far Cry model. While being Spidey is great, nothing else is.
  54. Oct 7, 2018
    All the side stuff is very tedious and over and over and over and over and over and over of the same content. This game lost a point (was an 8 based on the story) due to this never ending tediousness. far from a 10. Don't believe those reviews at all.
  55. Sep 19, 2018
    game overrated is not 910 game lol .Plot and the graphics are not bad But all other elements do not carry anything additional missions are boring grinding
  56. Mar 2, 2020
    I platinum trophied this game. My final thoughts on it are: It could have been a lot better. The ingredients were there to make this an incredible game. Story is good. Graphics are good. Swinging through the city is cool; however, the Controls are very frustrating during timed missions where precision is important. Targeting in combat is laughable with multiple enemies and most enemiesI platinum trophied this game. My final thoughts on it are: It could have been a lot better. The ingredients were there to make this an incredible game. Story is good. Graphics are good. Swinging through the city is cool; however, the Controls are very frustrating during timed missions where precision is important. Targeting in combat is laughable with multiple enemies and most enemies have a shield of some sort and are extremely numerous. Wall climbing and releasing from walls is poorly implemented. Game play is smooth (no bugs) except Camera can be atrocious at times. And its not a game that inspires me to play it on new game +. It is repetitive beyond belief. More story and less repetition would have earned it a much better score.

Story: 8
    Graphics: 9
    Game Play: 6
    Controls: 3
    Replayability: 2
    MJ Watson: -10
  57. Oct 8, 2018
    These Miles parts and early MJ were really bad ,and the Bioshock puzzles were just a boring filler even the devs are aware of it and made it optional, MJ got a LOT better in her last 2 missions the rest of the game is solid , BUT I think the AI is joke a both in combat and "stealth" witch can use more polish and creativity in the future , and absolutely NOBODY saw that ending coming , goodThese Miles parts and early MJ were really bad ,and the Bioshock puzzles were just a boring filler even the devs are aware of it and made it optional, MJ got a LOT better in her last 2 missions the rest of the game is solid , BUT I think the AI is joke a both in combat and "stealth" witch can use more polish and creativity in the future , and absolutely NOBODY saw that ending coming , good game though . Expand
  58. Aug 28, 2019
    Let's preface this review with the fact that the main story-line is stellar. The voice acting is great, the polish is great, the spectacle is great, the writing is well done, etc etc.

Why give this game a 7/10 then? Well because that is a small portion of the game, maybe like 10 hours of the whole 20-30 hours is done on the main story. So what is the rest of the game? Swinging from

So what is the rest of the game? Swinging from point to point (which while fun at first, becomes kind of a chore later in the game), and most of all: doing ubisoft levels of boring side content to get currency to buy new suits, tech improvement, and perks. These are anything from taking pics of spots, random challenges which flood the area, random crimes (which are super repetitive and you need to do like 160+ to platinum the game), the dreadfully boring science missions, and side quests that ultimately have you do more of the same that you're doing with the other side content. Out of all the side stuff, I enjoyed one single thing, that was the tombstone side quest, and that was because it felt like a main story segment, while also being quick and to the point. Also it had one of the more epic boss fights and enemies in the game as a conclusion. It was the taskmaster quest, with a much cooler boss fight, and without all the boring grind to get to that point.

Overall I'm just glad I'm done with the games, I'll buy the dlc when they go on sale for cheap enough and I don't have too many other things on the sale that I want, but the atrocious side content needs to be hit on if we are to get a better game with it's likely sequel: a creator of content won't improve something that they think is broken.

Main story-line: 8 or 9 but super short.
    Side content: 4/10

Honestly I'm being generous not giving this game a 6/10
  59. Sep 3, 2019
    Mary janes scene was garbage. The enemy wasnt cool. Spider Man power based on suite not cool
  60. Sep 17, 2021
    本篇白金~ 摆荡系统真的很爽,主线剧情流程很赞虽然剧情很好猜,支线也还可以,战斗系统凑合~ MJ的鞋拔子脸到最后终于看适应了-。- 可惜Insomniac Games用可能比育碧还无聊的收集和千篇一律的清点要素填满了纽约市~白金实在太恶心了~丝毫不会做减法 解谜游戏也无聊爆了,直接瑞奇叮当复制过来的道具和小游戏,也太省事了~ 有对马岛一半的水平吧~本篇白金~ 摆荡系统真的很爽,主线剧情流程很赞虽然剧情很好猜,支线也还可以,战斗系统凑合~ MJ的鞋拔子脸到最后终于看适应了-。- 可惜Insomniac Games用可能比育碧还无聊的收集和千篇一律的清点要素填满了纽约市~白金实在太恶心了~丝毫不会做减法 解谜游戏也无聊爆了,直接瑞奇叮当复制过来的道具和小游戏,也太省事了~ 有对马岛一半的水平吧~
  61. Jun 15, 2019
    Spiderman for me is an extremely strange game. The fact is that the first and second parts of the game are a little saturated with various events, while the third part just rolls over the number of well-known characters and action games. The ending is as good as the last fight. The combat system is built on the fact that the player does not receive a large number of different combinationsSpiderman for me is an extremely strange game. The fact is that the first and second parts of the game are a little saturated with various events, while the third part just rolls over the number of well-known characters and action games. The ending is as good as the last fight. The combat system is built on the fact that the player does not receive a large number of different combinations when pumping, but from the whole set of what is in the beginning and a little added when pumping abilities to combine and juggle with all this, and it looks quite nice and dynamic.
    The best thing about this game is flying on the web. They are perfect. Honestly can not even imagine how it was possible to make them better, insomniac bravo.
    The biggest disappointment in this game for me was a variety of activities. More specifically, the robbery. They are TOO MUCH and they are essentially the most uniform, this is a huge minus for me.
    The remaining activities are quite tolerant and some are even interesting.
    About the graphics I can say maximum that it is not adorable and not terrible. Just a pretty nice picture.
    The last thing I want to add is that I did not like playing not for a spider. It is monotonous, boring and boring. I advise this game, especially fans of this character.
  62. Jun 24, 2019
    First off let me say i fully understand why people love this game, its just not a game for me, I was having fun for the first few hours but quickly got bored, this is maybe a fault with me as i tend to lose interest in these types of open world games very quickly, i dont like being bombarded with many tedious and boring side quests and challenges to tick off, it just doesnt interest me,First off let me say i fully understand why people love this game, its just not a game for me, I was having fun for the first few hours but quickly got bored, this is maybe a fault with me as i tend to lose interest in these types of open world games very quickly, i dont like being bombarded with many tedious and boring side quests and challenges to tick off, it just doesnt interest me, there can be a few exceptions to these types of open world games and these for me is if the story hooks me enough to stay with it, like the witcher 3, assassins creed 2 etc. unfortunately for me the story wasnt bad just never gripped me, so i found no real compelling reason to stick with it, i was just going from story mission to story mission as i had no interest in any of the side activities but eventually decided to drop it as i was playing it just for the sake of progressing in it. It reminds me of similar games like mad max, far cry basically any game made by ubisoft that have a ridiculous amount of side activities to chip away at but i never found any of these games side activities fun just boring, although i would say they do put a bit more effort into the side activities here then most of these games do, still at the end of the day just not my type of game and thats fine, im sure most people loved their time with the game and i cant fault them for it, if however you are like me and dont find enjoyment from these types of games i dont think this is the one that will change your mind Expand
  63. Jun 17, 2019
    Ебучие Sony boy, ставят 10 эксклюзивам от Sony, а эксклюзивам Xbox 0, и я подозреваю, что даже не игрпв в игры. Так ладно, что-то я отклонился от темы. Да, я тоже Sony boy, но не потерял способность рационально оценивать игры, а не лепить 10 напаво и налево. Прошел паука, ну собственно есть недостатки, и их много.

+ За физику полета на паутине + За сюжет + За озвучку + За музыкальное

+ За физику полета на паутине
    + За сюжет

- за принужденный гринд
    - за ощущения "коробки"
    - за ломаную скриптацию
  64. Apr 15, 2019
    i hate open world games because i know i will be repeating the same side-quest 3 thousand times and Marvels spiderman delivers just that. But What a combat fight system! its fun and amazing! good boss fights with a good story.
  65. Jun 26, 2019
    The awful brazilian dub this game offers and the lack of option to change the voice in the game, made me not enjoy this experience as much as I was hoping, the combat is great, and I'm sure if I didn't cringed at every horribly delivered line and the awkard lip syncing the brazil dub provides, it would've been a completely different experience, shame at insominiac, not offering to changeThe awful brazilian dub this game offers and the lack of option to change the voice in the game, made me not enjoy this experience as much as I was hoping, the combat is great, and I'm sure if I didn't cringed at every horribly delivered line and the awkard lip syncing the brazil dub provides, it would've been a completely different experience, shame at insominiac, not offering to change the voice in a game is just some awful game design, that coupled with the horrible side missions this games offer makes spider man a very inferior game to the great arkham series Expand
  66. Sep 6, 2019
    Para todo amante de spiderman, tiene algunos fallos como una historia que tarda en arrancar y misiones secundarias que bien valdrían para llenar un cubo de basura, pero su jugabilidad es esquinita, ya sea manejando a Spiderman mientras se balancea o en combates
  67. Sep 6, 2019
    Great character but the game has a lot of bugs, could be much better in the hands of a better company! Fanboys give great marks to mask the flaw
  68. Sep 8, 2019
    No es que me disguste pero para mi hay veces que me parece un pulsa botones y no es de mi agrado, otras partes me encantan, titulo disfrutable
  69. Oct 24, 2019
    For a marvel/ comic book game, this is on top of that sorry pile. Game was enjoyable but didnt bring anything else on the open world genre aside from you control Spidey and can web shoot thru the city, Had the Infamous feel to the game.
  70. Jul 2, 2021
    - Боевка. Она очень слабо реализована, на первый взгляд. В кат-сценах всё очень круто и красиво. Но любое столпотворение врагов, которое тебя атакует превращается в бесявое месиво, которое почти нереально контролировать из-за длинных анимаций. Нет адекватной системы фиксации камеры на противнике, поэтому зачастую, Паркер делает вовсе не то, что ты планировал, особенно это касается бросков- Боевка. Она очень слабо реализована, на первый взгляд. В кат-сценах всё очень круто и красиво. Но любое столпотворение врагов, которое тебя атакует превращается в бесявое месиво, которое почти нереально контролировать из-за длинных анимаций. Нет адекватной системы фиксации камеры на противнике, поэтому зачастую, Паркер делает вовсе не то, что ты планировал, особенно это касается бросков предметов.

- Полеты на паутине. Лично мне не понравились - ты всё время куда-то врезаешься и летишь не так, как планировал.

- Мэри Джейн. Это просто жесть. Худшая Эм Джэй за всё время саги. И мисси за неё супертупые. Потому как стелс тут очень слабый и у врагов максимально тоннельное зрение. А местами прям доходит до асбурда - у неё нет мотивации заниматься тем, что она делает - это ещё ладно. Но когда она на каблуках быстро топает по кафелю центрального вокзала мимо врага, а он её не видит - это, конечно, швах.

- Злодею мистера Ли не хватает проработки и мотивации. Он абсолютно пустой получился.

- Отвратительный стелс. Когда ты подвешиваешь врага чуть выше уровня головы, а остальные враги этого не видят - это вызывает вопросики. Или когда куча бандитов охраняет заложников, а ты отвлекаешь их звоном часов, и они все из-за этого бросают заложников и уходят, отворачиваясь от всех сразу, создаётся ощущение, что NPC тут сильно умственно-отсталые.

- Примитивные битвы с боссами, построенные на QTE и уклонениях.

- Отсутствующие побочки. Точнее они есть, но в стиле - залатать дыру в трубе, поймать голубей, собрать анализы воздуха, уничтожить бандитов и уничтожить бандитов.

- Наличие вышек.

К сожалению, на поверку оказался достаточно слабым тайтлом.
    Жвачка - не более того.
  71. Mar 28, 2020
    Decent game but has a been there, done that feel to it. After a short time it gets very repetitive. The game is basically Spider-man 2 from PS2, good but outdated. Only thing improved would be the adaptation of the Batman Arkham Asylum fighting system. The story is ok at best. Camera work is still an issue when swinging from location to location. Walking is almost preferred. Graphics areDecent game but has a been there, done that feel to it. After a short time it gets very repetitive. The game is basically Spider-man 2 from PS2, good but outdated. Only thing improved would be the adaptation of the Batman Arkham Asylum fighting system. The story is ok at best. Camera work is still an issue when swinging from location to location. Walking is almost preferred. Graphics are good but not to the level of some of Sony's other exclusives. Expand
  72. Jul 9, 2021
    The gameplay is great, the story on the other hand not so much. Decent game at best.
  73. Dec 8, 2019
    I really enjoyed it. They managed to polish it so well that it looks and plays like it should. Anything outside of the storyline is boring af though. Do yourself a favour and get the regular version without the dlcs, as they don't add anything worth playing and only prolong the boring open world experience.
  74. Jan 7, 2019
    Story is fun (nothing new all the old villains are there). Graphics and sound is great, But the game is extremely repetitive outside of the main quest.
  75. Dec 1, 2020
    + Story is better than any other spider-man game I have played.
    + Fantastic graphics animation and voice acting.
    + Swinging is great, though oddly didn't feel as good as the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game. + Not as many quick time events as I was worried they would be. - Though the story is good, it takes a long time to get going. - The game feels kinda like the Batman games only instead
    + Story is better than any other spider-man game I have played.
    + Fantastic graphics animation and voice acting.
    + Not as many quick time events as I was worried they would be.
    - Though the story is good, it takes a long time to get going.
    - The game feels kinda like the Batman games only instead this feels like it was made by Ubisoft.
    - Repetitive like a Ubisoft game with lots of similar tasks littered all over the map.
    - Lots of these silly puzzle to do. The Batman games were far better with puzzles.
    - The combat would be amazing if you did it less and the game had more variety.
    - Targeting is a constant pain in the butt during fighting.
    - The game has stealth moments in it and it's pretty terrible.
    = If not for the Sony polish, I'd think this game was made by Ubisoft. It's a great game for focusing on the story and not very fun for going for 100% as it's very repetitive.
  76. Jan 25, 2020
    If I were to review this game alone for its production values then I would've rated it a 10 out of 10.

Simply because the graphics, the voice acting, the cutscenes, the presentation, everything in regards to the production is simply stellar, it doesn't look like a videogame, nor do the cutscenes feel like the usual stories that you find in gaming, everything about those aspects is simply incredible.

Then you get to the gameplay and the introduction to the traversal mechanics, as well as the combat systems, while also taking into consideration the side activities that you discover as you progress throughout the game, are fairly well presented, and are fun to play at first.

The issue that I personally encounter with the game lies with how artificial a lot of the characters in the story feel for the most part, plus how the game attemps desperately at trying to be as meaningful as it can be by adding three story arcs from characters I'm simply not that interested in, those being, Mary Jane, Aunt May, and Miles something (I forgot his name).

All of these characters feel forced in their presence almost as if there were alterior motives in their inclution and their focus, I don't know if they were trying to make Peter Parker feel more like a person, by showcasing his relationships, friendships, old acquaintances, etc...

But the issue that I have with these characters is that they're supposed to be side characters, not main characters, I expect them to see them, I do not expect to play as them, nor do I certainly expect to have the game being divided in two sections.

One that involves playing as Spider Man when resolving side activities, and in some main missions, and the other one being, playing as Peter, Mary Jane, or Miles in most of the Main missions.

The last thing I want to do when playing a Spider Man game is completing tedious, and repetitive puzzles, plus playing through heavily scripted sequences where I'm serving a role of nothing more than a mere expectator with minimal interactivity or freedom to tackle each situation differently, this is one of those games that asks you to play it the way the developers wanted you exactly to play it.

Press square when you're told to take down an enemy, press triangle when you're told to knock an enemy out, etc...

You might as well have been told to roll over, and fetch, it gets tedious after a while.

Now that being said I do appreciate the side activities and playing as Spider Man, Insomniac "nailed" this systems, which is probably what mostly upsets me about this game.

Playing as Spider Man is a thrill, you're swinging from building to building, beating up criminals in an interactive and dynamic combat system, you listen from time to time whilst traversing in the city the Jonah Jameson podcast, all of this is fantastic, and incredibly well done.

Even some segments in the cutscenes and narrative are fantastic, the progression and downfall of Doctor Octavius, the presentation of Norman Osborns character, the subtle, and simplistic story arc of Peter Parker forgetting to pay his rent, the small collectibles that you can find around the city that shed a light to multiple events and stories in the Spider Man universe.

All of these things are great, but they're great because they involve Peter Parker, as Spider Man, I'm interested in him as the main character, not in Mary Jane and Peter banal relationship struggles, not in aunt Mary helping to run a charity, not in Miles sneaking from enemies.

I wanted a game about Spider Man, not about Mary Jane taking pictures at an art auction, not in Peter completing silly puzzles.

As such the game is divided in two segments, one that is incredible, (the spider man one) and one that is dull, banal, and mediocre, (the one's from any other character).

What better score for a game that's splitted into a beautiful, and rotten half, than a 5?
  77. Dec 30, 2018
    Is Spider-Man a good game? Yes without a doubt. Is it a 10/10 GOTY Incredible must-buy? Nah, not really.

The game like most things in life, has it's good and bad aspects. The combat for example feels fluid and polished, however in order to give us the full spider-man experience they had to cram moves into every conceivable button combination. This can be super annoying when fighting droves of enemies, but when you get a sniper or rocket dude hitting you and you're fumbling for buttons it's super aggregating when a single hit takes 60%+ of your life away. Oh and they really skimped on the i-frames in spider-man, you're vulnerable in almost every animation leading to deaths that just feel cheap like you died because spidey had to do that extra backflip and took a sniper round to the face, rather than because you did anything wrong.

The world is absolutely spectacular, Manhattan looks great, travelling around is fluid and feels right. The world however is filled with your standard open world game busy work, find the collectables, snap some photos, solve some puzzles, beat some horde mode encounters, you know the drill, but it's old hat and I think developers really need to reassess how they go about these open world games in future.

The story is easily the best aspect of the game, while it's fairly short if you ignore the open world busy work, it's well made, well voice acted and just generally fun to play though with the exception of the Mary Jane and Miles Morales stages, which just feel like boring padding.

All in all spider-man is a good game, the world and story are great, the combat is average with some frustrating parts and the open world busy work is bland and uninteresting. Pick it up to blitz though the main story if it's on sale or something.
  78. Jun 24, 2020
    It's a cool game, just not what excites me at this time. I am an older gamer 50+ and this just doesn't float my boat, but I could learn to enjoy it more but just to many other games around.
  79. Oct 16, 2018
    Well this was disappointing. It starts well enough but it quickly becomes a shallow experience. I guess this might be a fine game for the casual gamer and I would recommend it but to everyone else I'll say to wait until it get to at least half price.
  80. Mar 25, 2019
    As a Spider-man game it's great. They really paid attention to the lore of and authenticity of the storied character and gave him a nice fresh new look. I also like how this isn't just another rehash of the origin story but takes place well after Spiderman has established himself as a hero. However, the game itself is just not that great.

Outside of the main storyline you have these

Outside of the main storyline you have these side mission that are just cookie cutter filler and completely ripped of from every type of open world game out there. Outposts, random crimes on the streets, catching pigeons for some reason, etc. Not too interesting. Also, while the graphics are alright, there is nothing exmplemplary in the environments. Just a bunch of cookie cutter boxed buildings with a few exceptions like Avengers HQ and the Daily Bugle. Compared to games like Arkham Knight, the city is just bland to explore, but I guess it's just New York.

The combat just gets old very quickly and the most basic moves are really all you need to progress. It used the same tried and true formula created by the Batman Arkham series but really does not innovate. Difficulty rises simply because the game will throw numbers at you and you just need to manage the massive amounts of enemy types, from basic thugs to Riflemen to shield toting guys, etc. Each enemy has most efficient way of getting disposed but mostly you bash 2 buttons.

The side missions are all just pretty meh as well although the main story is solid and there is a plethora of spidey suits you can don, but unlocking some of them is a chore. Ultimately, the game itself turns into a chore by the end and there just isn't enough diversity to the gameplay. Still, overall a great Spiderman game and I did enjoy it while it lasted.
  81. Jan 28, 2021
    Well worth playing just for the incredible web swinging mechanics. I really feel no other game to date surpasses the fantastic flow of swinging through this beautiful portrait of New York. This great flow combined with the kung-fu quick combat, beautiful scenery, and the fact that there isn't a dull minute, makes it nearly impossible to be bored by Marvel's Spiderman.
    But albeit fun and
    But albeit fun and pretty, this doesn't mean that it's very memorable. I found the main story and side missions to be equally interesting, which actually isn't a great thing in this case. A comic book story can be extremely thrilling, having the reader dying to know what'll happen on the next page. This game on the other hand, makes the story feel more like a pile of super hero-ish events, all equally grandiose and therefore also equally insignificant. There are other problems like sluggish combat camera, slow stealth operations as other characters when you could be swinging with Spider Man, etc. But all in all you wont regret playing this game. Get yourself a couple of beers and have a blast over the weekend. It'll be great fun!
  82. Apr 24, 2019
    great looking game. pretty fun initially. lots of potential.

unfortunately, as many others have noted: it is highly overrated and it gets repetitive fast. the controls go from smooth to annoying on a dime. swinging through the city feels great at times, but then it can be ridiculously tricky to land on a mark or simply climb a wall right in front of you. combat also sways wildly
    great looking game. pretty fun initially. lots of potential.

combat also sways wildly from feeling awesome at times, to down-right frustrating.

although it is ultimately a pretty easy game, it is often baffling how many punches it can take for spider-man to subdue a generic thug -- diminishing the super hero sensation. this is also inconsistent with the one-button take-downs he casually performs in "stealth" missions.

occasional boss fights add a bit of diversity, but heavy reliance on quicktime events steals some thunder from feeling like a bad-ass in these situations.

the main story suffers jarring start/stops too; some missions are mind-bogglingly mundane. playing as MJ may add context, but is undeniably annoying and totally disrupts the immersion.

even more cursory side missions, which are occasionally required to advance the story, are generally tedious, lackluster, and feel like padding.

despite some great moments and a lot of cool content, these aforementioned issues prevent the game from building proper momentum.

the open world structure ends up feeling like disconnected dots. the whole ordeal gets stagnant within a few hours, leaving you to traverse a gorgeous, but ultimately lifeless NYC, reducing spider-man to a string of chores.

clearly a lot of love and attention went into certain key aspects of this game; but it ends up missing the mark, with the sum of its parts failing to add up to a satisfying whole.

as others have also noted: the "DLC" disappointingly reeks of content that was arbitrarily stripped from the base game and greedily put behind an additional pay wall.

and where is 60fps? not even available on PS4 Pro? here is a AAA title whose fast-paced action could really benefit from 60fps. this glaring performance omission is a major let-down, especially for those who shelled out extra money for the Pro system.
  83. Dec 25, 2018
    This game is boring.......soooo boring. First 4 hours were ok, but after that there is nothing keeping me to continue to finish the story. Graphics are nice, but nothing more. Swinging is fun in the game's begining, but after 6 hours of swinging from one corner of the map to the other you start to see how ugly the city is and how unsatisfying the traversal can be.
    I love INSOMNIAC
    I love INSOMNIAC previous games but this one is not going to do good for them. Maybe they got good sales, but if they continue doing Spiderman 2 as boring as this one theirs sales will be below expectations. I played previously Darksiders 3 and I tought that it will be a trash, instead it surprised me at how good it was ( ignoring the frame drops and bugs). But I had big espectiations from Spiderman and it failed me. The only positive thing about spiderman is optimisation. I am a sony fanboy but this game don't deserve the hype and Especially the scores.
    So the conclusion:
    -characters - 4
    -city and collectibles - 5
    AND THE CAMERA IS TERRIBLE - 3
  84. Aug 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The graphics, gameplay and story are good, but for me its not amazing. The side quests are boring most of the time, playing with MJ or Miles its just pointless, the mini games with Peter are also boring. Collecting stuff is ok as a way to show and remember things that Peter did in the comics. Its the kinda game that it can be trully amazing in a sequel if they have the time to do it. Expand
  85. Aug 5, 2021
    7.5

Great game for adults and kids. Fun combat , fun story, stunning graphics, almost no bugs.
  86. VTL
    Sep 24, 2019
    Juego correcto, sin mas, es entretenido pero puede hacerse algo repetitivo. La historia no es nada espectacular, pero está bien.
  87. Oct 7, 2018
    Spiderman is a game that is worthy and a well-written Marvel experience. It's that game that we've hoped for, all of us who really grew up with the Spiderman comics, and it twists and 'modernise' the plots a little bit. But that's not a bad thing.

What is a bad thing though, is that the game absolutely revs the PS4 Pro to shreds while in-game. I know, you're thinking that I might've got my console tucked into something or that it's badly ventilated or not cleaned or whatnot. It's not. Reviewers rarely comment on these things, but there's that.
    I don't necessarily point on things as good or bad as a measurement on what score I'd consider Spiderman with. Let's just say this: when the story goes on, it is really flipping good, and when you're swinging around webbing stuff - you really do feel like you have great powers and great responsibility. But everyone else doesn't seem to have that much of any responsibility? Citizens of New York are kind of dull. Not much is going on other than traffic. There are side missions and tasks that are quite fun, but it gets repetitive really quick.

Spiderman is that game where you do stuff in order to unlock trophies. You could absolutely go for the Platinum trophy in this game, just do everything fairly good. But you don't play it for too long, because then it mostly feel like you're doing in-game chores. So my experience was really mixed. It's absolutely the best Spiderman game we've played and if you're a Marvel-fan it's a no-brain decision to get it. If you're thinking "I don't know.." about buying it, you could absolutely wait for a price-drop. If you're thinking I'm an idiot "Of course it's great!" then buy it immediately. It's a solid buy, but comes with some minor faults and the risk of feeling dull after playing for some time.
  88. Jul 7, 2020
    Failed to impress, but what other super hero games we got to game on hey? I don't include Batman Arkham series, because as we know he is not super. Spider-man is flashy I give the creators that. Oh those MJ stealth sections are so bad. One of the little kids in the family seemed to like it. because they finished it. Hard to get excited about another Spider-man game again. Well afterFailed to impress, but what other super hero games we got to game on hey? I don't include Batman Arkham series, because as we know he is not super. Spider-man is flashy I give the creators that. Oh those MJ stealth sections are so bad. One of the little kids in the family seemed to like it. because they finished it. Hard to get excited about another Spider-man game again. Well after playing several previous Spider-man games that were mostly more miss than hit. Expand
  89. Nov 25, 2021
    I liked the the game but it wasn´t this groundbreaking experience many people claim it is. I tend to get lost in the story un many of these open world games. I will give it another chance when i get a PS5.
  90. Jan 15, 2019
    The graphics are nice but the game has no history, no gameplay, everything is like Batman but Batman was 2 years ago, so there is not innovation in this game. it is not trash but I could not finish it, I was so bored to repeat the same mission over and over and over. It is not must buy, just buy for 20 dollars and then it makes sense.
  91. Nov 3, 2018
    Если взять ULTIMATE за "День благодарения", а "Shattered Dimensions" за Рождество, то MARVEL Spider-Man со свистом втиснулся промеж праздников...
  92. Jan 17, 2020
    Went in extremely hyped for this and can't say I could have possibly anticipated being as dissapointed as I am. This game has great production values and cutscenes, but it kinda falls flat beyond that. Once the novelty of the swinging mechanic wears off you will realize the gameplay doesn't really introduce anything groundbreaking, this has all been done to better effect in the ArkhamWent in extremely hyped for this and can't say I could have possibly anticipated being as dissapointed as I am. This game has great production values and cutscenes, but it kinda falls flat beyond that. Once the novelty of the swinging mechanic wears off you will realize the gameplay doesn't really introduce anything groundbreaking, this has all been done to better effect in the Arkham series.

Long story short, the first hour I spent playing is all I needed, and It's an hour I'll never get back (my roomate also watched me play for said hour and will not be able to get his time back, either).
  93. Oct 27, 2018
    I love this game one day. Then i hate it the next. One day i could play it for hours unbored. The next i get bored on the loading screen. This is the most undecided i've ever been on a game
  94. Apr 22, 2020
    Смотрю на высокие оценки, вспоминаю хвалебные отзывы блогеров об этой игре и недоумеваю.

Короче говоря: Паук - Отстой. Жаль потраченные деньги и время. Реально заставлял себя проходить просто потому что было жаль потраченные бабки. Плюсы: 1. Графон - реально крутой. В динамичных сценах или при недостаточном освещении картинка близка к фотореалистичной. 2, Битва с двумя боссами:

Плюсы:
    2, Битва с двумя боссами: Носорогом и Скорпионом реально рассмешила до слёз. То как они пререкались друг с другом - было шикарно).
    На этом плюсы для меня закончились.
    Теперь о минусах:
    1. Тупой стелс - противники словно с повязкой на глазах в упор не видят тебя. Забывают о твоём существовании через минуту после обнаружения. Никого не смущает что рядом в паутине висит живой товарищ, никто не пытается его освободить.
    2. Бои - однообразные, ничем не примечательные. Проходил игру на стандартном уровне сложности, ничего не улушал из гаджетов, так как в этом небыло необходимости вообще.
    3. Боссы - лёгкие, скучные. А последняя битва с главным антагонистом доводила до бешенства своей кривотой: Порой невидно где что находится, маленькая локация из которой постоянно вылетаешь. А финальный QTE - отдельное убожество анимацию которого приходится повторять около 6 раз. Выглядит это крайне нелепо.
    4. Локализация- первое что нереально накалило: отсутствие выбора озвучки. Терпеть не могу наши локализации из-за их недокачества. Челопук не стал исключением. Игра актёров озвучки оставляет желать лучшего.
    5. Мини-игры - чуть не забыл об этой помойке. На протяжении всей игры нас заставляют проходить тупейшие мини-игры аля детские головоломки из еженедельной газеты. Хорошо хоть пропустить их можно спустя какое-то время. Я сел играть в экшн-игру а не ребусы газетные решать.

После прохождения основного сюжета, я принялся проходить DLC. Но моего терпения хватило только на 10% прохождения первого DLC.
  95. Jun 7, 2020
    Spider-Man is exactly what I expected it to be. It had a solid story, solid enough combat, amazing webslinging, repettive side missions, and tons of Spidermans best villains. But it never pushed the bar forward. It feels like the definitive Spider Man game but it never gets its own personality. It feels like it just does everything well enough to make everyone satisfied but never blown away.
  96. Jan 1, 2020
    Un buen juego de Spider-Man aunque no innova y se ve que está a la sombra de la saga Batman Arkham.
  97. Dec 30, 2018
    It is rare that I will give a game as beloved as "Marvel's Spider Man" a rating this "low". Some might think its just me being contrarian to the popular opinion but then again that can be said about scores for a lot of popular games you will see even on YT.

Graphically this game was spectacular and despite all of the controversy that it got for the "downgrade" that issue never existed. I had some minor issues with glitches where guys came through walls but nothing that really took me out of the game in that department to break it.

Storywise...you kind of knew where this was going to go because ,if you looked the trophies (and I did) you already had your idea of where this game would be going as far as the main story path so...no real shock especially even if you had a "base knowledge" of Spider-Man (and I did despite my big franchise that I cared about being that of X-Men so there is that to consider.

My big problem? Controls believe it or not and some side content

I'll tackle "side content" first

I play a lot of open world games. One of my favorites of recent memory is Sleeping dogs which I have 100%'d the collectibles at least twice. This game had its collectibles and its special puzzles to do but the thing is that in order to do some of the content you had to wait for it to come around and this becomes an issue especially when the game "progression locks" you (which should never HAVE to be done. The point of "side content" is just that...its optional so you can progress the storyline!

For some reason Insomniac decided it was a great idea to make the story (which is all of three acts long) lock itself at times behind side content. Only when you played a certain # of missions did you get the opportunity to play the story again so being able to get through the game as quickly as possible...not that easy!

I mean look: Watch Dogs (which is not as bad a game as some make it out to be) had a lot of side content to do BUT you COULD just steamroll through the story and just do that if you wanted (and some did but you would miss being able to hack phones ,see cool side content, and the like so by skipping that you would be missing out on a lot in the world. By being forced to do some side content in Spider-Man you kind of are basically told

"We don't care what YOU want to do because you HAVE to play the game this way"

Yes this is an irritant with me if you can't tell

Now as much as I complain about it you know my favorite side quests? Sable Outposts and I admit the main reason is cos the woman that runs Sable I actually liked. I think in some twisted way she was one of the characters that found a way to endear herself to me BETTER than some of the other characters (and that's a shame cos I actually like Doctor Octopus a lot).

(The only thing that sucked about Sable is I legitimately can't remember the woman's name...help a brother out?!)

Controls were a weird mixed bag cos trying to get used to NOT having a "proper counter" button (Hello "Sleeping Dogs") was one of the things I wrestled with and even swinging through the city sometimes the web swings wouldn't detach when I wanted them to which will cost you in the "Taskmaster" challenges. I SHOULD have had one a couple of times but the game didn't register when I was trying to let go and it cost me a lot. Maybe this is just my controller but when you have an issue like this cost you its plenty frustrating in a legitimate sense!

All in all is the game bad? No but I am harder on AAA games than indies because I expect a lot more from my $$$ than i feel Insomniac could give me for this price tag. Catch it on a sale and trust me its not bad but for the $60...its just above average for me and that is depressing to say
  98. Oct 12, 2018
    I'm a big fan of Spider-Man, and sadly fell for all the hype that lead up to me playing it. Instead of being Amazing or Spectacular, I found the game to be merely passable.

It tries so hard to be an Arkham Asylum game, and it just isn't up to par. The overall story is great, very well written and compelling. Web-swinging is for the most part pretty good, though all this "it makes you *feel* like Spider-Man" comments floating around oversell it.

Combat is frustrating. Giving it liberally takes so much from the Arkham games, you'd think they'd do a better job emulating it. A simple comparsion: while in the Arkham games, using dodge interups an enemy's attack so they don't hit you as you vault over them, whereas in Spider-Man the pitiful cartwheel out the way still leaves you within reach of the attack you're trying to avoid. I found the best approach was to smack what enemies I could into the air so they couldn't hit me, which became incredibly stale as the game progressed.

The stealth sections are equally annoying, not least because sometimes despite executing it flawlessly, you're still forced into fighting waves of enemies at the end, making you wonder what the point was. There are also 3 "mods" you can equip at any one time that increase you proficiency at both stealth and combat, but you have to manually switch between them. A better design choice would to be able to switch between a "stealth" and "combat" load out would have been a better idea, or just simply move these three stealth mods to the skill tree and be done with it.

I'd of been happier watching the cutscenes play out as a movie, rather than play it as a game. A shame, I was really looking forward to something special.
  99. Dec 26, 2018
    I think overall the creators did a good job with this game & I had a lot of fun with it.

The combat is where the game really shines. You get to swing around, do crazy web moves, launch guys in there air, make use of wacky gadgets, and otherwise just go nuts on the bad guys. The combat system is a ton of fun, & I never got tired of stomping and webbing endless grunts. The story was

The story was pretty interesting. I am not familiar with a ton of Spiderman, so I didn't know a ton of the backstory going into it. Even so I found it to be accessible & never really got lost in what was going on despite not knowing. I found the narrative to be engaging & the characters were interesting.

My biggest complaint about the game is about its overworld, exploration, point a to point b stuff, the in between action sequences. The web swinging is certainly a cool way to get around and I had fun with it for a while, but the game does it mostly on autopilot and it gets a bit stale.

Then there's the open world aspect to the game, which I found to be somewhat lacking in depth & uniueness. Maybe I'm just played out on open world games in general, but I found this one to be pretty run of the mill. I think a great open world game should encourage free exploration. Instead Spiderman uses the tower system where you find a tower, press a button, and the game shows you where all the interesting stuff is. Then you go to those places instead of truly exploring. You end up playing the game on the minimap. The interesting stuff includes landmarks, collectables, fights, outposts, mini side missions. Some of these were great, some not so much, and a lot of them felt like the same stuff you get out of every open world game.
  100. Dec 21, 2018
    The main game was incredible and I enjoyed almost every moment, the ending had me in tears, too. But the dlc ruins it for me. It's like they never even tried, the first one was okay, though towards the end it got bad, gameplay wise. The other 2 are even worse when it comes to gameplay, they took everything great about the main game and threw it out the window. It's nothing but constantThe main game was incredible and I enjoyed almost every moment, the ending had me in tears, too. But the dlc ruins it for me. It's like they never even tried, the first one was okay, though towards the end it got bad, gameplay wise. The other 2 are even worse when it comes to gameplay, they took everything great about the main game and threw it out the window. It's nothing but constant waves of **** enemies with powerful gear, even on the first **** levels. That brings the score down from a 9 or 10, to a 6. Just for how little they actually cared, there goes my enjoyment for the sequel. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 116 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 11, 2019
    One of the best Spider-man games in history and a victory for the future of the singleplayer AAA games.
  2. Jan 25, 2019
    There are myriad good reasons why Marvel's Spider-Man is the best-selling and highest-rated Spider-Man title in years. While it has a few glaring flaws, they pale in comparison to all of the things the team at Insomniac got right. A well-acted, strong story serves as the backbone for an experience that just plain feels right for Spider-Man, and fans and newcomers alike won't be disappointed by this trip to the Spider-verse.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 9, 2019
    This game does for Spider-Man what the Arkham series did for Batman. Immensely satisfying movement system, excellent combat, fast pace, superb visuals and wealth of side activities converge to bring a wonderful experienced, diluted only by some minor missteps in the story and a couple of stealth sequences where you control supporting characters instead of Spidey. [11/2018, p.54]