1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1072 Ratings

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Feb 27, 2018
    Ripping gamers off! This might be the worst game in video game history. It's even worse than Battlefront 2! Paying for additional characters and save slots? Please Konami... This is not a Metal Gear at all.
  2. Feb 26, 2018
    Micro Transaction for basic game features?!?! Uhh no thanks I think i'll pass on this one.
  3. Feb 27, 2018
    "This is like if Nintendo fired Miyamoto and announced the next Mario game as an M rated dating simulator coming out exclusively for the **** Virtual Boy." -VideoGameDunkey.

But seriously this game is awful. Extremely tedious and annoying. The constant robot voice that annoys you when one of your meters gets low, the zombies are the worst enemies in the world. And did I mention this

And did I mention this game is the most disrespectful piece of garbage that anyone has ever made? Like how do you take something that is praised so highly for its attention to plot, and makes a zombie survival spinoff of that? What f*ckin dude was like "yea what if we turn the game about corporate tactical espionage into a zombie game because everyone loves zombies 8 years ago.

Also, there is the option to buy an extra save file for $10. Like 10 real life dollars. You know, the game feature that has been present in games since like the late 1990's. Next game you have to pay $15 for the options menu.
  4. Feb 28, 2018
    This is not the worst game, however it is a really bad one. $10 for a save slot should really tell us how bad the game is, however that is not all. It is a generic zombie survival open world game in a time where we have battle royale games. PUBG and Fortnite is certainly way better. So what do we get for the base game. Something that should be worth nothing pretty much. You have repetitiveThis is not the worst game, however it is a really bad one. $10 for a save slot should really tell us how bad the game is, however that is not all. It is a generic zombie survival open world game in a time where we have battle royale games. PUBG and Fortnite is certainly way better. So what do we get for the base game. Something that should be worth nothing pretty much. You have repetitive and boring gamplay, AI from a 2003 PS2 game, an awful ending, a story that jumps the shark. Most insultingly we are treated like idiots due to the slow speech we are given from the robots in the game. What are we three years old? Cutscenes are cheap and the game is just a bad mod for Metal Gear Solid V. It doesn't look outright ugly and the base defense can be fun but the fact that it has dust and dirt for an open world and nothing more diverse than that. How did we drop so low Konami, you are on a path for bankruptcy. Anyways that is why I give it a 3/10, hope this review was useful in some way. Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2018
    Metal Gear Abortion - a cheap asset flip, game was made for the single purpose, microtransactions!.

Almost everything is reused, story mode is a joke, no meaningful content (lack of game modes, enemie variation) - very repetitive overall, very bad UI/HUD and worse controls than MGSV.

It feels like a overpriced FAN made Mod for MGSV filled with MTX.
  6. Feb 21, 2018
    Konami really missed a huge money making opportunity here by not charging extra for the un-installation file.
  7. Feb 21, 2018
    You need to pay 10$ to create more characters beyond your first one. Lol paying money for more save slots. A good joke
  8. Feb 27, 2018
    You have to pay to farm
    Yoy have to pay to get progress.
    You have to pay to have an additional character (Ten bucks is the minimum)
    And you have to stay online always, or you wont play.

The game is bad, it's rushed and it's badly any fun.
  9. Feb 21, 2018
    Well done Konami. You actually managed to make a game worse than Dynasty Warrors 9.
  10. Feb 21, 2018
    Imagine a typical Steam asset flip, except it's a full-price "AAA" game. That's Metal Gear Survive.
  11. Feb 23, 2018
    I just created this account to rate this Konami piece of **** Absolutely rubbish!! Boring from the first minute! ****
  12. Feb 21, 2018
    You have to pay 10$ to have an extra save file, it's like konami isn't even trying to save face after the Kojima debacle, it's admirable that they are actively trying to be the worst company in the gaming industry. You know you're doing something wrong when you make EA look like saints in comparison.
  13. Feb 23, 2018
    My reasons why I do not like Metal Gear Survive:
    1) I do not like online games, and this game forces me to stay online constantly, you can not be offline.
    2) I do not like cooperative multiplayer mode. I did not like that option either in Peace Walker. I prefer to play solo. 3) I do not like to play zombie games. 4) It does not look like a Metal Gear game at all - it's not like a
    My reasons why I do not like Metal Gear Survive:
    3) I do not like to play zombie games.
    4) It does not look like a Metal Gear game at all - it's not like a predecessor. It just shares the same name.
    5) Microtransactions: you need to pay extra to make a new character or to get an extra save file, also you need to pay extra for some other components. Based on this you can conclude why MG Survive was not sold at full price.
    6) Very bad story, does not make any sense at all.
    7) It's repetitive. Each level is the same: defend the tower from the hordes of zombies.

These are my seven reasons why I do not like MG Survive. Reasons have nothing to do with Kojima or Konami. The highest rating I can give to this game is 3 out of 10.

This is the worst spin-off of Metal Gear series. Ghost Babel, Acid, Portable Ops and Rising are much better spin-offs than this game.

It would be better if Konami completed MGS5 by making several more missions for MGS5 and thus shows how Punished "Venom" Snake formed the Outer Heaven, and thus directly connects the story of MGS5 with the original Metal Gear from 1987. And after completing MGS5, then Konami should make a remake of the original Metal Gear 1 and 2. Then make a remake of Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 and 4 for the PS4. Would also like to see that Konami make a remake of Ghost Babel with Fox Engine, and to make a Metal Gear Rising 2 to show how Raiden became cyborg.
  14. Feb 22, 2018
    One of the worst abominations made in the history of gaming. Where should i start?
    Ok.
    First, they have bastardised the Fox Engine and in the worst way, whatever the devs where trying to accomplish in TTP with the engine went straight to hell with MGSurvive. New Bad Gameplay Mechanics Worst Graphics than MGSV Lag and graphical errors A.I Non existent Crafting and item management is
    Ok.
    New Bad Gameplay Mechanics
    Worst Graphics than MGSV
    Lag and graphical errors
    A.I Non existent
    Crafting and item management is made for you to waste half of all your gameplay hours or more.
    Worst spin-off story ever made by mankind
    Has loot boxes and microtransactions (Same or worst that Star Wars Battlefront 2)
    One of the most repetitive game since Tetris.
    If Konami wanted to kill the Metal Gear Solid franchise they did a fantastic job. Almost masterfull. Hell they did it. Great work Konami.
    This is goodbye for me to this publisher. I`ll never buy anything else from them (Regardless the game franchise they own or even if Hideo Kojima comes back as president of the company, they are dead for me).
  15. Feb 21, 2018
    Derivative self plagiarizing unrespectful piece of trash put into existence by the worst company in the entire **** market.
    I can't. I can't even.
  16. Feb 21, 2018
    if I sold a pack of eggs and I wrote on this pack "milk", could I be considered fraudulent?
  17. Feb 22, 2018
    This is a revenge to kojima. Simple as that. A complete garbage. Is the same game as MG5!!! I almost have an eyes cancer after watching this! The biggest joke in videogame industry...
  18. Feb 21, 2018
    Une honte, tout simplement. Comment peut on encore acheter un jeu Konami en ce moment?
  19. Feb 21, 2018
    This game doesn't only shamelessly recycle assets from Metal Solid V but it also use them in a very uninspired setting with cheap new mecanics that feels more like an insult to the fans than a actual episode from the series.
    Konami should be trying to regain players trust but instead they just try to milk the franchise dry by putting very little effort into this insipid new installment.
  20. Feb 22, 2018
    Only thing good about the game is the Fox Engine. Other than that, it's repetitive cash grab tower defense garbage riddled with microtransactions. You gotta pay 10 freakin' dollars for an extra save slot! EA? Is that you? Konami can go eat a bag of rotten dicks.
  21. Feb 22, 2018
    Absolute garbage. Not only is the engine unsuited for this type of play, the ai is nothing to write home about and it's a mindless whack-a-mole. When the game gets harder you'll find the game never gave you enough materials to clear the waves.
  22. Feb 21, 2018
    Very rarely is there a product of this scale that is absolutely broken starting from simply a conceptual level. Not only does this game feature a tired, boring, pandering concept, it is building from an engine meant for stealth that completely doesn't work for "zombie survival." The first question everyone wants to know is why the game is called "metal gear solid" - and unfortunately thatVery rarely is there a product of this scale that is absolutely broken starting from simply a conceptual level. Not only does this game feature a tired, boring, pandering concept, it is building from an engine meant for stealth that completely doesn't work for "zombie survival." The first question everyone wants to know is why the game is called "metal gear solid" - and unfortunately that question will never be properly answered, because what we have here is something that clearly is not metal gear in anyway just labeled that way. Second question is whether the game is worth 40 bucks... The answer to that is no. There is nothing here for fans of the metal gear gameplay, and survival zombie games have been done better countless times.

Do not waste your time or money on this game. This game for people who just don't know any better, and is PURPOSEFULLY attempting to TRICK you into buying because of the metal gear name.

**** KONAMI!
  23. Feb 21, 2018
    I cautiously awaited Metal Gear Survive and pre-ordered a few months ago. As the release date got closer, I requested the 20th off so I could play with a friend at launch. I did enjoy having a day off work, I however did not enjoy my time with Survive... The game looks and feels good, my only complaint is some of the controls differ from MGS:V and it took a few minutes to get used to. TheI cautiously awaited Metal Gear Survive and pre-ordered a few months ago. As the release date got closer, I requested the 20th off so I could play with a friend at launch. I did enjoy having a day off work, I however did not enjoy my time with Survive... The game looks and feels good, my only complaint is some of the controls differ from MGS:V and it took a few minutes to get used to. The music is just awful and generic, far from some of the epics fans of the Metal Gear series have come to expect. My friend and I had fun for a little bit learning what items to look for to build things and upgrade, but after about an hour we both started to get bored. There aren't many modes to mix the game up and as far as I can tell the bread and butter of the game is to win matches to get new gear to slightly upgrade your character to take on harder missions. It's a slog to unlock any useful items made even more tedious by the repetitive and uninspired tower defense/survival gameplay. The gameplay feels unpolished and it's missing most if not all the Kojima flair fans of the series have come to expect. After about 4 hours of playing, my friend and I swapped over to Monster Hunter World to take a break and I've honestly only played maybe a total of 2 or 3 hours more of MGS:S since. Maybe wait for this game to go on sale, it definitely feels like it could have been a $15-$20 Phantom Pain dlc. If the game gets any substantial updates that improve the experience I might come back to update my review, but I can see this game being a casual play for most with very few hours of fun to be had. Expand
  24. ket
    Feb 22, 2018
    This game is utter toss. It turns the beloved MGS series in to a gambling machine essentially. To top it all off unless you want to delete an existing character you are forced to cough up $10 for an extra character creation slot. This has to be one of the most exploitative and **** games ever released. Do not buy it under any circumstances you will not enjoy it at all.. unless you enjoyThis game is utter toss. It turns the beloved MGS series in to a gambling machine essentially. To top it all off unless you want to delete an existing character you are forced to cough up $10 for an extra character creation slot. This has to be one of the most exploitative and **** games ever released. Do not buy it under any circumstances you will not enjoy it at all.. unless you enjoy playing games that are no better than the utter crap zombie based asset flips you find on steam. No wait.. even they aren't as bad because they don't have gambling mechanics or microtransactions. Go play Fortnite instead. Expand
  25. Feb 21, 2018
    You have to pay for character saves. Enough said. It is a mediocre F2P game but they charge you 40 euros.
  26. Feb 21, 2018
    Primero que nada, no esperaba mucho de este juego, por lo que mis expectativas eran bajas, y aun así el juego logró desepcionarme a pesar de que nunca esperé nada de él.
    Me arrepiento de haber pagado los 40 dólares, pues esto no es un juego, es solamente un MOD. Reutilizaron todo lo de Phantom Pain, incluso tiene el mismo mapa, solo cambiaron algunas piedras y pusieron algunos árboles.
    El juego es muy repetitivo, solo tienes que hacer la misma cosa una y otra vez, la historia no es interesante para nada, solo intentaron ligarla a phantom pain, pero no agrega nada interesante ni nada que no se sepa.
    No lo recomiendo para nada, es más divertido hacer las misiones secundarias aburridas de Phantom Pain que este juego. No vale el dinero que te cuesta además de que para jugarlo tienes que tener PS Plus, es un gasto más extra.

Atte. Uno de los más grandes Fans de la Saga Metal Gear, he jugado todos los juegos de la saga y este es para mi el peor.
  27. Feb 23, 2018
    The problem is not only mgs or kojima, the problem comes from castlevania, silent hill,suikoden,contra, pachinko machines. Konami just went full retard and started **** up things since 2009+ onwards.
    Game is not bad, just mediocre at best, but i wont let konami keep doing what they want. Dont give them your money, thats the only way we can vote or make a difference. Be a smart gamer/consumer, evil companies feed from stupidity.
  28. Feb 23, 2018
    Absolutely trash.
  29. Feb 21, 2018
    Awful in every sense of the word. Firstly, zombies in a Metal Gear game? Seriously? Secondly, the always online requirement. It's a shining example of why we need to ban always online DRM, because the review copies weren't even functional before the launch day. Thirdly, it's basically like those Scratch remixes where they change stuff around made by another person, but in a full fledgedAwful in every sense of the word. Firstly, zombies in a Metal Gear game? Seriously? Secondly, the always online requirement. It's a shining example of why we need to ban always online DRM, because the review copies weren't even functional before the launch day. Thirdly, it's basically like those Scratch remixes where they change stuff around made by another person, but in a full fledged AAA console title. Finally, microtransactions. I bet the positive reviews were from current Konami employees who were forced to give it a good review otherwise they'd be forced to work in a pachinko machine factory. Expand
  30. Feb 21, 2018
    Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!Фак Конами!!!!!
  31. Feb 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disgrace to the Metal Gear franchise. I wanted to give it a chance being a mgs fan.
    Upon the single player the main char is a mute?¿?¿ reeves has more of a main role then the mute guy.
    Voice acting feels shallow where did the real stealth go? bad story bad voice acting bad graphics overall a bad attempt. This is purely made for people who want to torture others.

Konami has a zombie genre game but instead they choose to make it into metal gear universe??
    Do your self a favor and don't play this game ever.
  32. Feb 21, 2018
    Metal Gear Survive has exploitative microtransactions, reuses FAR too many assets from MGSV, and is a **** stain on the series' legacy. Plus it's just lacking polish.
  33. Feb 22, 2018
    not being directed by Hideo Kojima
    also this metal gear made by a sh1tty game company called konami
  34. Feb 21, 2018
    I can't even express in words how much you should avoid this game. If someone offers you the choice of this game or some horrific venereal disease, take the disease. Metal Gear Survive is everything you don't want in a game. It's a terrible spin-off with microtransactions, pay2win boosters, hell they even charge you for extra f**king save files!

They should rename this Metal Gear AVOID!
  35. Apr 23, 2018
    I created this Metacritic account just to review this flaming piece of garbage that Konami has thrown at us. It's official, the Metal Gear Solid franchise is now DEAD and this game is the final nail in the coffin. Instead of getting a much needed conclusion to The Phantom Pain or even a reboot of the original Metal Gears, Konami decides to pull this stunt as a HUGE slap in the face toI created this Metacritic account just to review this flaming piece of garbage that Konami has thrown at us. It's official, the Metal Gear Solid franchise is now DEAD and this game is the final nail in the coffin. Instead of getting a much needed conclusion to The Phantom Pain or even a reboot of the original Metal Gears, Konami decides to pull this stunt as a HUGE slap in the face to Kojima and MGS fans.

This atrocity of a game is a strange tower-defense/Resident Evil hybrid with the Metal Gear name slapped on it. The beta was painful enough to endure and I absolutely refuse to devote any time or money to such an obvious cash grab. Not to mention the stupidly awkward gameplay mechanics, pointless objectives, and meaningless story that has almost zero connection to The Phantom Pain along with NONE of the major characters from that game either. They literally just copy-&-pasted the Afghanistan environment from MGSV which is pathetically lazy and cheap. Zombies are becoming such a tired and cliche concept so of course Konami decided to go down this route, forever tainting this landmark game franchise. Anyone who grew up playing MGS should be utterly appalled and disgusted by this shameless attempt for mass-marketing appeal.

To make matters even worse, you have to pay for extra save slots, the game is filled with micro-transactions, and you have to be online at ALL times to even play the game. This is only adding insult to injury, plus it makes it that much more obvious that they only designed this game to suck as much money out of their consumers as possible. If the game wasn't already bad enough then this was definitely the icing on the cake.

Metal Gear Solid did not need to become like Call of Duty, but I guess the big wigs at Konami decided they needed to milk this franchise while simultaneously destroying it. What's next, Metal Gear Dance Revolution? How much more embarassing can it get? I truly hate Konami for pumping out this piece of crap game, and I'll be saving my money for Kojima's next game Death Stranding which will be BRILLIANT and a million times better than this waste of data.
  36. Feb 21, 2018
    A dismal, boring zombie horde game that only exists to try and squeeze the last few dollars left in the Metal Gear brand. Sad to see such a beautiful engine used to prop up such an uninspired cash grab. Don't forget to purchase some survival coins while you fight to stay awake playing this game.
  37. Feb 20, 2018
    the is fun at first three four hours but frankly speaking get boring later on because of the repetition. i would suggest don't buy it with this high price. it does not deserve. you may wait later until it very cheap (10-15 $). otherwise don't waste your money.
  38. Feb 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoiler Alert!!!!! This game is bad. Like its so bad it makes Ride to Hell: Retribution look like a masterpiece. Expand
  39. Feb 20, 2018
    This game is the product of Konami actually trying to make a game in the modern generation. It's just a big mess that isn't fun to play through. Shooting the crystal zombies isn't fun, and neither is doing anything else to them. There's a generic crafting system that only seems to be there because Konami apparently thought every game needs a crafting system. Also for a Metal Gear game,This game is the product of Konami actually trying to make a game in the modern generation. It's just a big mess that isn't fun to play through. Shooting the crystal zombies isn't fun, and neither is doing anything else to them. There's a generic crafting system that only seems to be there because Konami apparently thought every game needs a crafting system. Also for a Metal Gear game, there seems to be a lack of anything Metal Gear. No Snake (I'm guessing because they couldn't afford to get Kiefer Sutherland again), No actual sneaking (Unless you count crouch walking around crystal zombies.) No memorable bosses, in fact this gamed only appears to be a Metal Gear game in name only, and due to the fact that they just kinda lazily re-used the Afghanistan map from MGSV. Everything about the actual game is just a boring squad multiplayer where you kill Zombies. It makes one wonder why this is even called "Metal Gear Survive" instead of making a new IP. Hmmm.... It's almost as if Konami made a cheap cash grab based on what they thought would appeal to gamers and just slapped the Metal Gear name on it for brand recognition + guaranteed sales. But Konami would Nevvvver do that, would they ? Expand
  40. Feb 20, 2018
    This isn't Metal Gear this is a sad sad money grab. Don't fall for this trash
  41. Feb 20, 2018
    this game is so horrible but has great graphic because of Fox engine.. gameplay is meh. the setting take same place from MGS V Phantom Pain. Do not buy this game with 60 dollars
  42. Feb 22, 2018
    Metal Gear Survive is not a Metal Gear game. It's a hybrid tower defence/zombie horde game with the Metal Gear name slapped on it by a paranoid Konami, a company hell bent on destroying the Metal Gear series. They are quite successful so far in their endeavor, because Metal Gear Survive is dead on arrival.

At first Metal Gear Survive feels a bit better than what you'd expect. There is a lengthy introductory cut-scene taking place after Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' ending, something which is designed to bait the Metal Gear fans that may be against the game's existence and accept it more easily. You start the game and encounter more zombies chasing you than in the Dead Rising games. Then you slowly start to learn the game's mechanics and complete a few missions. But after a while you realize the game's quite dull actually.

Missions in Metal Gear Survive revolve mostly around the same pattern of setting up defenses and repel the waves of zombies who try to breach your base and destroy its core, while you are scavenging for resources between waves. It's a survival game, yes, but there are just TOO MANY things to care about at the same time. Build fortifications, find allies, procure materials, pick flowers, assemble weapons, find blueprints, manage ammo, hunt animals, and so on. Oh, did I mention the oxygen level, the hydration status, the hunger meter? You have to eat and drink or else your avatar suffers. Also the stamina bar depletes because you are just walking (whereas in Dark Souls and other games you consume stamina only when you sprint, dodge or attack). All these factors together are more of a nuisance than contributors to a better gameplay experience. There is also co-op for up to 4 players but it doesn't make the game any better.

Metal Gear Survive is based on the same technology as the great Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain but somehow manages to look dull. Boring art style and enemies, non existent AI (oh yes, zombies are supposed to be mindless and dumb, but still), laughable boss fights (at least the 2 that I tried before I gave up and returned the game). Everything's been recycled from MGSV (art, map, textures, sound fx, animations, gameplay mechanics, etc.) yet it doesn't make for an equally great game.

Metal Gear Survive's online-only. You can't play this game offline even in single player. It's also full of ridiculous (yet optional) microtransactions, which at least ain't that bad compared to Battlefront 2, there are no loot boxes (at least for now). Pay money to buy virtual coins and exchange them for XP boosters, or you can boost production of water, food, items, etc. Nothing bad, heh? Then how about having to pay $10 for the privilege to get an additional save slot (you only have one by default)!!!!!!1111 That's crazy.

I award this game with 1/10. It should have been an absolute zero, but I respect the work of the Konami developers who were ordered by the company to make a Metal Gear game that is not really a Metal Gear game. They did the best they could with what they had been given, and I don't blame them because they were in danger of losing their jobs if they didn't comply. The only people at fault here are the Konami higher-ups, because they decided to release an awful, low-budget mod for MGSV as a new game priced at $40.

Metal Gear fans should steer clear from Metal Gear Survive. Those looking for a survival/co-op game should also avoid this or at least try it before buying it.
  43. Feb 21, 2018
    TL;DR Konami. The EA of the East.

Missing the point of a franchise and capitalizing on it for the sake of a quick buck. Feed this greed machine if you have nothing better to do with your money. Dont' forget to spend as much cash as you have at your disposal on the microtransactions while you are at it. You will be rewarded with something to do until something else comes along.
  44. Feb 21, 2018
    This is a weird game to put it simply. But we all know the reason behind it. It carries the Metal Gear tag. A Metal Gear game this is not though, but that's where the weirdness begins. Its a sophisticated zombie game (oxymoron at its finest).

I would be lying to say that you can't have fun with this game. Taking on hoards of zombies in a strategic fashion, especially with co-op, is always a blast. And if you have a group of friends, its even more fun. The graphics are beautiful and the scavenging is actually pretty fun as well as the sense of urgency and....wait for it...survival. The customization is deep and gives you lots of options whether you want to sneak around, use melee, craft your weapons, explosives, traps, turrets, and whatever else you want to make your zombie killing a fun time.

But that's sort of where things get weird. Its a zombie game. You are using sophisticated tactical means to take on zombies. It feels sort of cheap. It shouldn't be as pretentious as it is. What really dampens the feel is that you while you are using all these tactics, at the end of the day, when the missions really start, you just start taking on hordes of undead slowly moving upon your position. First off, what was the point of the tactics if they all just descend at once? Second, why do I need all these tactics anyway? The crafting makes sense. The weapons make sense. The supplies make sense. The travel makes sense. But, why does my guy/girl need military gear and training to run around a bunch undead who are nothing but slow moving bullet sponges?

The real problem is that simply, they would have been better off not naming this game Metal Gear anything. Its not Metal Gear. I'm not trying to sound like an elitest, but there was really no point in keeping the Metal Gear tag. If this were just a regular game that had the zombies and a bit more toned down of the military tactics, it would have been fine. But it really seems like they took Metal Gear and just combined it with Zombie Army Trilogy.

Again, you can have fun playing this game, especially if you get a group together. But repetitive game-play and pretentious presentation of such a simple concept may turn you away after a short while. If not, the microtransactions and always on-line connection will.
  45. Feb 20, 2018
    I cannot even sign into the damn servers. I'll update my review score when they're fixed.
  46. Feb 20, 2018
    This bad joke of a game is an insult to true Metal Gear fans and to the creator of our beloved saga, it's a generic zombie shooter with crafting elements that has nothing to do with the franchise and just uses the Metal Gear name because it is easier than creating an new IP. It lazily reuses all assets from MGSV and ridiculously tries to fit the mechanics that were made for stealth actionThis bad joke of a game is an insult to true Metal Gear fans and to the creator of our beloved saga, it's a generic zombie shooter with crafting elements that has nothing to do with the franchise and just uses the Metal Gear name because it is easier than creating an new IP. It lazily reuses all assets from MGSV and ridiculously tries to fit the mechanics that were made for stealth action in this generic zombie survival and crafting "mod". Expand
  47. Feb 20, 2018
    This game is god awful. This isn't Metal Gear any more than Fortnight's original game mode is. It's just a bunch of reused assets from MGSV in a tower defence mode. What's worse is the fact that they somehow managed to make the Fox Engine feel clunky, not to mention the horrid UI. Do yourself a favor and save your money. This one's not even worth a sale, and the coop doesn't save it.
  48. Feb 20, 2018
    The same engine of metal gear 5 ... with worse gameplay, and a lot of connection lag .. the music is awful and the enemies, dumb and dull, ... the graphics are great! does not deserve your money or your time...
  49. Feb 20, 2018
    Biased reviews everywhere. Its a great game, forget hate and fanboys and give it a go.
  50. Feb 21, 2018
    This game is a great attempt at creating a Metal Gear spinoff. (Emphasis on "spinoff"). For anyone that's played TPP, MGO3, and actually has enough brainpower to understand that Hideo Kojima did NOT single-handedly create the previous MGS games, you'll absolutely enjoy it. The game is a "horror" version of Metal Gear, with nanomachine zombies. (Yes, the idea that Kojima himself had for aThis game is a great attempt at creating a Metal Gear spinoff. (Emphasis on "spinoff"). For anyone that's played TPP, MGO3, and actually has enough brainpower to understand that Hideo Kojima did NOT single-handedly create the previous MGS games, you'll absolutely enjoy it. The game is a "horror" version of Metal Gear, with nanomachine zombies. (Yes, the idea that Kojima himself had for a MG spin-off. Let that sink in, fanboys.) The gameplay takes inspiration from MGS3 (Survival elements such as eating wildlife you hunt and having to treat your injuries with medical supplies), and Peace Walker (goofy looking CQC and animations in general). The soundtrack is phenomenal. It sounds much, MUCH closer to the classic MGS style of music. Not that crap from TPP.

Can't wait to see Death Stranding gameplay. (a.k.a., Metal Gear Survive 2.) I wonder what people will say about that, even if it looks the same as Metal Gear Survive..
  51. Feb 27, 2018
    Metal Gear? This is a joke? It's not a Metal Gear game. It's a waste of money and time.
  52. Feb 28, 2018
    Very mediocre. Lots of repetition and none of the "Metal gear magic." Also has many microtransaction elements for BASIC game functions like save slots and inventory spaces. Feels more like a decent, free MGS5 mod with free-to-play microtransactions than a full game!
  53. Mar 1, 2018
    "Alright, now that Kojima is out of the picture, we can start creating our new Metal Gear game" Said the Konami Executive. "But i don't know what we should do to make the fans happy, Jimmy, do you have any ideas?"

"Yes!" Said Jimmy. "How about we do like a survival game?" "Hmmm, i'm interested, proceed." "So like, diss the stealth, and fill it with Zombies?" "So we're going to

"Yes!" Said Jimmy. "How about we do like a survival game?"

"Hmmm, i'm interested, proceed."

"So like, diss the stealth, and fill it with Zombies?"

"So we're going to kill Zombies? Good idea, i'm thinking of a machine gu..."

"No, no, no, diss the guns too. Let's poke the Zombies with a stick"

"Innovation! That's what Kojima wanted, right? Amazing idea Jimmy"

"So yeah we can like build a base, and you're going to spend a lot of the game trying to find food and water and stuff because it's a... it's a wooooooo scary place with uhh dust and old buildings and no food and no water and stuff."

"That's an amazing idea!"

"OH AND YOU CAN LIKE BUILD A BASE AND BEAT WAVES OF ZOMBIES"

"Wow!"

"AND GET THIS, YOU CAN POKE ZOMBIES WITH A STICK. THROUGH. A. FENCE."

"JIMMY THAT'S GENIOUS"

"AND WE COULD CALL IT: uhhh..... oh.. hmmmmm.. oh yeAH OH YEAH LETS CALL IT: METAL GEAR... uhhh.... uH: METAL GEAR SURVIVE.

"Jimmy, you've just got yourself a promotion."
  54. Mar 2, 2018
    This game is an insult to the video game industry.
    It is suprising that it is actually working, since some people have come out to pay money for this ****
    How dare they to make a Metal Gear game in that short amount of time after what they did to Kojima.
    I can believe that on it's core, the game is okay....but it's still an insult towards the industry.
  55. Feb 28, 2018
    This game even if it was good , which is not ! It still deserve a **** rating because it does not respect its roots , it has nothing to do with the original game , konami just tried to make something cheap just to take away peoples money , if konami respected us it should give us a proper game , if they wanted to make a game like this they could just give it an other name , this game justThis game even if it was good , which is not ! It still deserve a **** rating because it does not respect its roots , it has nothing to do with the original game , konami just tried to make something cheap just to take away peoples money , if konami respected us it should give us a proper game , if they wanted to make a game like this they could just give it an other name , this game just ruins metal gear solid history which was one of the greatest ever . I was expecting such terrible mistakes from ubisoft cz thats what they usually do , but not from konami Expand
  56. Feb 28, 2018
    I *hate* this game.

This is a fremium game that somehow made it into the PS4. Real-life timers, infuriatingly frustrating combat because the game engine doesn't lend itself to melee combat, a unrewarding grind-fest, frustrating resource acquisition because of how fast you will end up needing without being provided. The dialogues with the AI are irritatingly boring, forcing the player
    I *hate* this game.

The dialogues with the AI are irritatingly boring, forcing the player to press a button after every line of dialogue. Bland voice-acting and uninteresting, one-dimensional characters.

All that I could forgive. What I CANNOT forgive is when I'm playing the game, exploring and investing time into the game and I get a message saying that the server can't be reached, and the game is returning to main menu. And then that I can't start the game because it failed to log in to the server.

This is an unforgivable abomination in a single-player playthrough that should not exist.
  57. Feb 28, 2018
    This game has nothing to do with Metal Gear other than the name and it is shoehorned into the world of Metal Gear. You get one out of 4 character slots, and each of the other 3 slots costs 10 dollars...yes, 10 dollars PER slot! You also get teams to get you rare items from scavaging missions, but you get one out of 6, and each locked slot is ALSO 10 dollars!!! The grind for items isThis game has nothing to do with Metal Gear other than the name and it is shoehorned into the world of Metal Gear. You get one out of 4 character slots, and each of the other 3 slots costs 10 dollars...yes, 10 dollars PER slot! You also get teams to get you rare items from scavaging missions, but you get one out of 6, and each locked slot is ALSO 10 dollars!!! The grind for items is just booring. Stay away from this title! Expand
  58. Feb 28, 2018
    anybody buying this game is a traitor
    same as so called Critics 64 score my ass
    keep sucking konami di..k
  59. Feb 28, 2018
    Absolutely diabolical. Having to pay for save slots. **** off Konami. Hopefully you an EA and all the other micro transactions rubbish get shut down.
  60. Mar 3, 2018
    pay 10 $ for **** save slot are you **** kidding me ? WTF is that bullSh!t . 10 F#cking dollar for a save slot . They charge save slot now ? what next 10$ if you want to load the save file. And wtf with positive review **** sicko
  61. Feb 28, 2018
    The game is boring, you have to grind aprox 15 hours to get things going and then, it´s more of the same, you want a good survival game go buy state of decay, thats an awesome game, this is not fun and on top of it all... 9.90 usd to get a second save slot? wtf, with a 1 im givin away to much score.
  62. Mar 3, 2018
    I didn't thought that this was possible, but Konami made a game that is way worse than Star Wars Battlefront 2.

This deserves an award for being the biggest scam of the year.
  63. Mar 1, 2018
    utter **** , literally the worst thing that could have happened to a metal gear franchise .
    the game play is a mix of tedious unbalanced "surviving" boosted by the most repetitive annoying AI voice ever , ur stamina is non existing , the assets are MGV identical , the world is empty .
    for short it's a zombie mod for MGV sold separately for 40$ but if u need more save slots u need 10$ , EACH , weapon loadouts , emots ,etc costs real money .
    the life of the game should be a good thing but for this game every little thing consume more time than making it in real life literally !
    it's hellishly boring combat and even the animation for the spear is **** and it's the same from the first strike to the billionth , poke to the head , poke to the head , poke to the head , loot for 20 sec for every **** corps , run, ur stamina is too low , run , ur stamina is too low , run , ur stamina is too low , put a fence , poke , poke , poke , ur hungry , ur thirsty , ur hungry , ur thirsty , poke , poke , the fence starting to break , put another one instantly , poke , poke , wonder why the **** u baught the game for 40$, weep for MG franchise , throw the **** game in the trash.
    balance: 0/10 too **** ez
    AI : 0/10 utter dumb enemies
    Story : 0/10 what story ? the trailer is the story
    game life : 10/10 if u want to just grind , if u mean u want to experience everything the games have to give u ? oh then 2 minutes 0/10
    fun : 0/10 obviously
    mechanics : besides the original MGV mechanics everything new is utterly **** animations, attacks
    i would love to give it +1 just coz it's MG themed and i love(d) the serie but it has micro transactions way too overboard -1
    it's like skyrim survival modders told u to buy the mod for 40$ + micro transactions but without the skyrim main game sooo yeah good **** konami good **** , ur lucky u have other IPs to milk otherwise u would beg for kojima's SNAKE if u know what i mean , u made an actual intellectual property to nonintellectual property . cant wait for Death Stranding u pachinko whoring , ip milking , of a company , i can't even get a refund and nobody want to buy this **** even on ebay , feels bad man
  64. Mar 4, 2018
    Konami, please close yourself and give Kojima his game back. You only use this to earn easy money fckgs fgts
  65. Mar 2, 2018
    This may be the worst game I've ever played. Re-used assets from The Phantom Pain half-assed into some kind of zombie survival with terrible mechanics. Do not spend money on this.
  66. Mar 2, 2018
    Very boring piece of ****
    **** Konami!

Very boring piece of ****
    **** Konami!
  67. Mar 7, 2018
    I'm not even a Metal Gear fan, I only played MGS5 and MGS4 (Never finished it) and I see this game as nothing but a retarded cash grab made by retarded **** who actually thought this was going to save them from the mistakes they have made. Here is why it sucks:

-Zombie AI is stupid, so terrible you can even complete the whole game without getting touched. The zombies are trying to reach you through a fence instead of just going around, they can't even climb, just find a high ground and you'll be totally safe.
    -Story makes no sense. All characters suck, the voice acting is terrible and forces us to watch cutscenes that aren't even animated and I mean the ones which you have to watch through computers.
    -Microtransactions. Did they never witness the backlash of lootboxes from Star Wars Battlefront 2? And worst of all, pay 10$ for a **** character slot? Are you really trying to defend this ****
    -Playability exclusive to internet connection. Just **** off.
    -Stamina system. Your characters cannot run for at least 2 minutes and he gets starved every single minute. This isn't challenging, this is a failure of the game design.
    -Base building is just broken and not fun.
    -NOT A METAL GEAR GAME!!!!!! Not just that, it's a bad game in general as well which wasn't what I was expecting.

Konami had a lot of better choices to make like remake old MGS games using the fox engine or revive Silent Hill franchise. BUT NO, THEY CHOSE TO DO THIS **** INSTEAD!!!!!
    No, **** this, this game was a mistake, nobody asked for it, no one would have complained if it was cancelled and they cancelled Silent Hills instead. **** Konami and **** everyone who still supports them!!!
  68. Mar 3, 2018
    It's a manual on how to kill a franchise name.

It's Konami implementing Pachinko at home and on your favorite franchise.

Not worth a penny.
  69. Mar 2, 2018
    **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
  70. Mar 12, 2018
    metal gear means snack what the hell is this??? change mans to zombies and called it metal gear survive well done konami!!! its trash
  71. Mar 3, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. jogo é ruim d+ é uma reciclagem do jogo anterior , sem falar que tem que pagar pra criar um novo save. pagar pra criar um novo personagem só isso já vale o zero, mas infelizmente não é só isso que torna o jogo ruim ! Expand
  72. Mar 13, 2018
    The game is simply awful and not playable. Kojima is crying as he is watching the Konami massacre!!!
  73. Mar 7, 2018
    F*ck you Konami

.................................................................
  74. Mar 15, 2018
    It’s not metal gear. Lot of additional pays (save slot and others).
    It is a revenge from Konami to Kojima
  75. Jun 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sadly, this fake metal gear, we want a real series of games, not stupid
    zombies 0/10
  76. May 14, 2018
    You see... Even without Kojima, Konami had a great opportunity to milk this franchise to their hearts content. But for some reason, God knows why, they decided to jump on the "Zombie Wagon" and destroy what the Metal Gear franchise constructed over the years.

There is no need to say much here. The game overall is completely sh*t.

Let Konami burn to the ground!
  77. May 19, 2018
    Esto no es metal gear, es jodidamente dificil lo que lo hace injugable graficos 6/10
  78. Mar 25, 2018
    Seriously, Metal Gear SURVIVE? This is the garbage that Konami can make without the mastermind, Hideo Kojima, behind the game, and it shows that Konami is in a world of hurt now that they got rid of their most talented artist, and game designer. This is now what we have to look forward to with Konami, and this is why the company will soon meet their demise. This game lacks ANYTHING at allSeriously, Metal Gear SURVIVE? This is the garbage that Konami can make without the mastermind, Hideo Kojima, behind the game, and it shows that Konami is in a world of hurt now that they got rid of their most talented artist, and game designer. This is now what we have to look forward to with Konami, and this is why the company will soon meet their demise. This game lacks ANYTHING at all that a Metal Gear game normally has, and it strips away all it can to make this as bare boned, and as heart-less as possible, all a while bringing in all the Microtransactions we all detest.

Congratulations to Konami, for making what looks to be possibly THE worst game in their entire library of titles they ever made. I cannot even fathom what in the WORLD they were thinking when making this thing. I understand, Konami wants a cash cow, but without Kojima, Metal Gear will NEVER be that cash cow for Konami any longer. Konami will now be FORCED to make something of their OWN finally, and see where their OWN imagination takes them, because we now all can see that if Konami is in charge of the Metal Gear series without the magic of Hideo Kojima, it can only end up like this garbage presented with SURVIVE!

With junk like this, I wonder how long Konami will SURVIVE? Not much longer i would assume...

The game is crap, very bland, very boring, very repetitive, and has WAY to many issues with it to be considered anything but a $10 digital title. If they want more from this game, they should include EVERYTHING on the disc with ZERO microtransactions, and charge no more than $19.99 PERIOD!
  79. May 26, 2018
    THEY MAKE YOU SPEND REAL MONEY TO BUY EXTRA SAVE FILES!!!!! Repetitive gameplay with no real variation in enemies. Story mode is a forgettable mess. The game feels like an overpriced FAN made Mod of MGSV. DO NOT BUY EVER.
  80. Oct 1, 2018
    I really want another Metal Gear directed by kojima, this can not be called metal gear, here the absence of kojima is very noticeable,
  81. Nov 25, 2018
    UMA BOSTA POR QUE NÃO É DO KOJIMA, ACHO RUM, SENTA E CHORA SEUS BBK, KOJIMA É UM DEUS INCRIVEL E DEMITIR ELE FEZ ESSE JOGO VIRAR UM COMPLETO CU DE CU, UM LIXO HORRIVEL, A UNICA COISA MAIS ESCROTA QUE ESSE JOGO É A MÃO DO CARA QUE TA LENDO ISSO, KKK TROLEI DEMAIS
  82. Apr 11, 2018
    mgs phantom pain dlc is what this should have been or some badly made mod for pc. i honestly got into my head that Konami would try and make a half descent game to prove that without Hideo Kojima that could still make something descent instead this is a shameless copy and paste of MGSV with mirotransactions galore. the game reflects Konami's new philosophy of making a quick buck of themgs phantom pain dlc is what this should have been or some badly made mod for pc. i honestly got into my head that Konami would try and make a half descent game to prove that without Hideo Kojima that could still make something descent instead this is a shameless copy and paste of MGSV with mirotransactions galore. the game reflects Konami's new philosophy of making a quick buck of the back of cheap products such as their gambling machines, Konami business practices would make EA blush. Konami no longer makes quality games and the only thing i see them doing is running MGS into the ground for some quick money. Expand
  83. Apr 5, 2018
    A disgraceful rip off of a once great franchise. If Konami doesn't care about making games anymore because they believe that there is better profit in slot machine business, let this garbage be the first step of their exit of the gaming industry.
  84. Jul 8, 2018
    The game is mediocre at best (as a stand alone game) but as a Metal Gear game it's really bad, even if it is just a spin off it's still bad, and what pissed me off the most is the inclusion of the scene from MGS V Ground Zero at the beginning...like why?
  85. Jul 14, 2018
    This is probably one of the worst ways you could waste your time, even if you aren't a fan of the Metal Gear series, there is objectively nothing to gain from playing this. The game-play is repetitive and boring, recycling useless stealth mechanics from Metal Gear Solid V in a zombie survival game. There is no real narrative to this game at all, no satisfaction for completing this gameThis is probably one of the worst ways you could waste your time, even if you aren't a fan of the Metal Gear series, there is objectively nothing to gain from playing this. The game-play is repetitive and boring, recycling useless stealth mechanics from Metal Gear Solid V in a zombie survival game. There is no real narrative to this game at all, no satisfaction for completing this game since you don't even get to leave this alternate dimension, and no point to anything you're doing. Mass Effect: Andromeda, a game that is objectively unfinished and broken is more fulfilling - and a more faithful adaptation than this "game."

And then the kicker that everyone's been rightfully outraged about: the endless and unnecessary amount of micro-transactions that limit your saves and inventory. I don't think I need to try and explain why this is not okay.

If you are one of those people that are considering buying this game or bought it and legitimately enjoyed it, please raise your standards and look elsewhere, you deserve better than the Konami treatment and are better off finding other games, and if you think buying this game will support Metal Gear developers, then I'm sorry to say but that wont happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Konami demoted them by now given how shady their practices have been as of late.

Left 4 Dead is good if you want an actual zombie game, The Last of Us 2 is coming out fairly soon if you want a brand new survival game, and Monster Hunter World is apparently at a 1,000% better value than this game considering you have more free saves and a 500x bigger inventory.

****
  86. Nov 1, 2018
    Hands down, easily, the worst game of the 2010s. Heck, I'd go as far as to say it's the worst game of all time, especially with it's heinous micro transactions and 10 dollars for an additional save slot.
  87. Nov 9, 2018
    I don't even have to talk about the game itself to prove to you that this is the worst game of all time.
    Video games are art because they allow people to create a digital world based off the creators imagination. They're art because the developer makes the game for the satisfaction of creating your world how you want to, telling a story, sharing your views in a unique way. It's amazing.
    Metal Gear Survive... Is not one of those. The second you see content blocked behind a paywall, privileges such as a second save file, and a SINGLE microtransaction, that should prove that the publisher isn't interested in making the game of their dreams. They have no passion behind their project if they're just looking to make easy money. So why should anyone have to show appreciation for them? If they don't care, why should I?
    Konami, you were one of the ultimate developers back then, but now, you're for a fact THE worst company ever when it comes to gaming. You have employees go through hell to make your games, you kill beloved franchises that made Konami #1, you bite the hands that fed you, and you harassed a former employee, forbidding him to take his award for a game he spent thousands of hours on. You deserve ALL the flack you get from the community and more.

Alright, the game itself, it's mere existence is a slap in the face to the fan base of a masterpiece of a franchise known as Metal Gear. But even the actually game is nothing special. Forgettable story, bland characters, sluggish and stiff gameplay, bad graphics, dry voice acting. The game is so bad it doesn't even deserve the attention it gets for being so bad. The only reason Konami thought this game would do anything for them was because they hopped they could get some ppl buying the game because the Metal Gear name is on the box. But gamers know better. Shame on you Konami. The world would be better off if you had just went away and stopped trying.
    For the mess that Metal Gear Survive is, it deserves a lower score than a 0/10. Do not buy this game, even on a Steam sale. Not for a short weekend. Not even worth free. Keep this game away from your library.
  88. Jul 9, 2019
    Ppppppppppppppppp0000000000000phfygugyfufyfyfhifhtjtjrirhdvsgrut9rhrvrvrbtirorvtvrh8erjrbthththrhrhhthrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrutubtthr
  89. Nov 11, 2019
    Malisimo, una venganza mal hecha de Konami. Un juego horrible y aburrido en todo sentido
  90. May 29, 2020
    Uma vergonha oq fizeram com a franquia. Pra mim, mgs é a melhor franquia de jogos, joguei todos, mas esse dai, nem é metal gear.
  91. Apr 14, 2020
    Boring, microtransaction filled, nonsensical corporate rape of a great franchise.
  92. Feb 11, 2020
    It's official. The konami has officially hit rock bottom, turning one of the most important video game franchises into a way to get extra cash. Yeah. If you haven't guessed by the title, this one is more generic and possible zombie survival game, with a brilliant combat system where you have to keep clicking the same button in the direction of the enemy, preferably, until he dies with anIt's official. The konami has officially hit rock bottom, turning one of the most important video game franchises into a way to get extra cash. Yeah. If you haven't guessed by the title, this one is more generic and possible zombie survival game, with a brilliant combat system where you have to keep clicking the same button in the direction of the enemy, preferably, until he dies with an intelligence artificial like a zombie with a unicorn horn instead of brain and a brilliant gameplay loop that encourages exploration with the need to collect resources to survive but at the same time punishes exploration as running around makes its water level is as if it were about Jupiter's gravity. The konami really proved that, without the kojima to hold the ends, she does like a dog that barks a lot until you release his collar and then he does absolutely nothing but make a poop that charges for a second save. Expand
  93. Mar 4, 2020
    Are you **** konami ?, We have to pay 10 dollars to get a space in our inventory for a **** game that is not worthy of the name of metal gear, I prefer to play snake eater, peace walker, phantom pain, metal gear solid that They are legendary games that no fan of the metal gear saga of going unattended meanwhile you behave worse than EA.
  94. Jun 21, 2020
    This is the most crappy game i ever played. This is the biggest insult anyone has ever done to a game Franchise. This is like if Nintendo fired Miyamoto
  95. Feb 16, 2021
    What a bummer. As a fan of both MGS and sandbox survival, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of this title. Just picked it up for $10, and it’s not even worth that much. The opener to the game is so brutally slow and nonsensical, it’s like they don’t even want you to play it. Then the robots who narrate everything speak at a snail’s pace, so I’m sure most of the game’s runtime is justWhat a bummer. As a fan of both MGS and sandbox survival, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of this title. Just picked it up for $10, and it’s not even worth that much. The opener to the game is so brutally slow and nonsensical, it’s like they don’t even want you to play it. Then the robots who narrate everything speak at a snail’s pace, so I’m sure most of the game’s runtime is just listening to them talk. Once you can actually play, the game is interesting for 30 minutes but then reveals itself to be a totally uninspired, repetitive, boring experience. I wasn’t even motivated to get into the base building, and I love that stuff.

Also... for some reason the MGS world involves portals? And the enemies are a cross between zombies and unicorns that wind up being much more weird than scary? If they wanted to do MGS survival, the recipe seems pretty simple: make it like snake eater, a soldier lost in the forest surrounded by tribal enemies or even zombies. But a totally wacko sci-fi hell portal full of dust storms? I just don’t get any of it.
  96. Sep 11, 2020
    I know it’s be out a while now, but I bought it on a psn sale for £6.99 and I’m amazed at how bad this game is. I’ve tried to get into it but I’m tired of seeing the server logging in messages and I can’t stand the constant verbal garbage reminding me to rest or eat. Has to be one of the worst games I have played for years.the game itself is boring, the melee combat is a joke and the worldI know it’s be out a while now, but I bought it on a psn sale for £6.99 and I’m amazed at how bad this game is. I’ve tried to get into it but I’m tired of seeing the server logging in messages and I can’t stand the constant verbal garbage reminding me to rest or eat. Has to be one of the worst games I have played for years.the game itself is boring, the melee combat is a joke and the world is horribly dull. 5 hours of playing it and it deleted, but compelled me enough to write this. Expand
  97. Oct 9, 2018
    Why did i so eagerly pay for this? This pile of **** then again how could i think anything would compare to mgsv. Those dickheads couldnt make something like mgsv again even if they really wanted to.
  98. Aug 15, 2020
    F KONAMI
    FREE METAL GEAR
    and Silent hill........................./.........
  99. Sep 14, 2019
    What can i even say about this game? Not only that it turn out to be the desastrous lunch and a bigger of a disgrace spinoff for the entire franshise but also an insult to the loyal fans from the original metal gear till the Phantom Pain came out back in 2015. Screw KONAMI. Hope they can learn from this, big time.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 12, 2019
    Is Metal Gear Survive worth it? Oh yeah, totally. Game of the Year. Honestly, I don’t know why you haven’t bought it yet! Death Stranding won’t be able to compete with this. Sarcasm aside, don’t buy this game, just don’t. Yeah, the environments and visuals are kind of neato and the feeling of helplessness certainly comes across, but it’s just a clusterf**k.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 4, 2018
    Somewhat cynical and clearly a little low budget, it isn't always easy to pull for Survive. Thankfully, some of the best wave combat on PS4 saves the day. [Apr 2018, p.91]
  3. Mar 30, 2018
    The whole existence of Metal Gear Survive closely resembles this of the Wanderers – the game’s zombies. With the story, characters and wit ripped out completely off it’s body, what remains is a lifeless yet standing shell of Metal Gear Solid V. The decent (and borrowed) survival mechanics barely keep this husk walking around aimlessly with no purpose whatsoever. Survive may not be a bad survival game, but the merciless grind required and lack of respect for gamers’ time are inexcusable.