8.6

1. Sep 6, 2019
    This expansion makes every DLC of any other game feel ashamed. The added content is massive and without exaggerating doubles the original game content. It is a must for everyone who loved the base game and is looking for challenge, new monsters, sick designs and a story that even if not the main focus of a MH game has some nice twists.
  2. Sep 7, 2019
    This is more like a sequel than an expansion. The volume is just crazy, with A LOT of new monsters and gear waiting for you. Be prepare to spend another hundreds of hours into Iceborne.
    However please be warned that the game itself is quite difficult.
  3. Sep 8, 2019
    Capcom really put their heart and soul into this massive expansion. the monsters are even better than the base game's monsters already and I haven't even seen all of them yet. This is how an expansion should be treated, with fan service and dedication to their game. And they nailed it.
  4. Sep 8, 2019
    What the hell else do you want from a DLC? This is DLC is almost as big to be called a game on its own!!
  5. Sep 6, 2019
    I knew next to nothing of this franchise before World , Gameplay is addictive, combat is satisfying, graphics are well executed. I hope they make many more Monster Hunter games on console in the future.Iceborne is a clear 10/10 DLC for me.
  6. Sep 6, 2019
    Monster hunter world has now finally evolved into its final form and it is glorious, there can be little to no negatives or cons to this expansion. A stellar example to all of gaming on how to treat your fans and produce deep rich incredible content, you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing monster hunter world iceborne.
  7. Sep 6, 2019
    Amazing game, a great add on to an already brilliant game

Can't wait to get through it all so this is only a review on the part I have played through not the whole game
  8. Sep 6, 2019
    Best DLC ever!!!
    Monster Hunter developpers really cares for the community.
  9. Sep 10, 2019
    I was waiting to play the game ever since it was announced and as the release day came closer. Capcom kept revealing more and more monsters and i was mind blown!
    This is how you make a game, this is how to treat DLC. I was so happy and bought a physical copy and gave my friend my old MHW so that he will get into this awesome game with me.
    The story is alright. But i think it is better
    The story is alright. But i think it is better than the vanilla game.
    The Grind is awesome and addictive and wanted to keep me playing for more. I haven't finished the game yet but i can say i will be worth it.
    The new regions are amazing, New Monsters put up a great challenge. New weapons and Armor is so badass!
  10. Sep 9, 2019
    Amazing expansion! It adds everything the game needed, now it is a complete and proper MH experience. This is one of the best if not the best MH games, don't be deceived by people who are salty that it is not on a certain system ;)
  11. Sep 6, 2019
    This is amazing, The rest of the industry should be ashamed with how good this expansion is. The amount of content, Capcom lives to the MH game by adding G rank again and Its better than ever, Going to love going through all the content iceborne offers.

If you have world its a no brainer, if you don't... get world.
  12. Sep 10, 2019
    This is literally the best expansion to a game I've ever played! Intense hard fought battles against some of the best monsters in the franchise!!! This is an easy 10/10
  13. Sep 6, 2019
    Continuando con la calidad que nos mostró MHW vanilla, Iceborne ha logrado incluso superarse más incluyendo nuevas mecánicas y mejoras que van desde sutiles cambios que afectan la interfaz del juego, hasta mejoras en la distribución física de las zonas útiles para la gestión y progreso del personaje.
    Hay mucho más que decir sobre este gran juego pero eso lo haré cuando lo termine, por lo pronto un merecido 10 para alabar a capcom y su rechazo a las cajas de loot.
  14. Sep 6, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iceborne is just an amazing expansion.
    Es monster hunter wolrd pero más y mejor, Capcom ha llevado está franquicia a su pico de calidad.
  15. Sep 6, 2019
    They really screwed MHW with this update. Couldn't even bring myself to slog through the first monster encounter because of how terrible it is. Clawshot is worthless because monsters can just instantly knock you off for free damage anyway. Wish I could get my money back for this absolute trash.
  16. Sep 7, 2019
    The server error 5038f-MW1 is killing my interest for this otherwise great game...
  17. Sep 11, 2019
    Quiet possibly the most disappointing DLC I've played in World so far. Worst part is knowing that I spent $40 on this. Iceborne, however, is a complete reskin of previous content being sold as something new. Almost all the the optional quests are "hunt this same monster for the 100th time, but this time it's MASTER rank! MASTER rank!!! Over 20 hours of Iceborne is hunting the same oldQuiet possibly the most disappointing DLC I've played in World so far. Worst part is knowing that I spent $40 on this. Iceborne, however, is a complete reskin of previous content being sold as something new. Almost all the the optional quests are "hunt this same monster for the 100th time, but this time it's MASTER rank! MASTER rank!!! Over 20 hours of Iceborne is hunting the same old monsters all over again. Some of them have different variants now, yes, but for the most part they are the exact same monsters. Granted the final boss for Iceborne is pretty cool. Outside of that even the meta is extremely boring. We get one new level, then a level that is every other level copy and pasted into one final map. Talk about lazy. I'm not a fan of the new jewel system either as it makes pieces together skills a heck of a lot more tedious and grindy than before. Most armor sets are lame in terms of skills also, nothing really feels like MetaHemoth builds. There's no variety of overpowered gear like the before mentioned. I'm also not a big fan of the weapon designs as they all look they come from the 'bone' tree in terms of appearance which is rather weird.

If you're a big Monster Hunter fan, I'd say wait for a price drop on this. It's more like a $20 expansion rather than the $40 Capcom gouged us with. Hopefully we start seeing a lot of event quests and more free stuff soon to make up for the lack of content.

Signed
    HR 300
    MR 55
  18. Sep 6, 2019
    Jolin que pasada de expansión eso si que es bueno,capcom esta que se sale últimamente
    Saca juegos de 10
  19. Sep 6, 2019
    Para ser una expancion masiva es de lo mejor que e jugado, capcom se preocupo por otorgar una experiencia extra con variantes, correcciones y añadiduras en todos los aspectos, mounstros, jugabilidad, accesorios, historia etc. Más es contenido vía DLC quedo satisfecho y con la justificación en precio y calidad, gracias capcom recomiendo ampliamente
  20. Sep 9, 2019
    Que bela aula de como fazer uma expansão 10/10, que vale a pena cada centavo.
  21. Sep 8, 2019
    Monster Hunter World è stato per me un gioco stupendo perché era riuscito a regalarmi delle emozioni uniche sia in solitaria che con gli amici: mi ha fatto sentire davvero parte di quel mondo vivo e stupendo come non mai. Questa espansione riesce nell'arduo compito di prolungare e riproporre le emozioni del gioco base facendomi di nuovo perdere nell'incredibile mondo di gioco. Capolavoro.
  22. Sep 8, 2019
    Jogo lindo performance e grafiamente , um maravilhoso jogo para se divertir e passar horas agradaveis, grande jogo.
  23. Sep 10, 2019
    Personalmente yo no me hypeo mucho y soy mas realista con las calificaciones que se otorgan a cada juego y esta expansion a mi forma de ver no es la gran cosa.
  24. Sep 13, 2019
    I was in love with MHW, played it around 400h, got the platy and finally put the game down. Then this gem released. This expansion is something beautiful to me. It adds a new rank with which you basically have a reason to fight all the previous monsters. It adds new monsters, a new area, moves, weappons, armor etc. I cant write down all the good stuff because it would make this too long toI was in love with MHW, played it around 400h, got the platy and finally put the game down. Then this gem released. This expansion is something beautiful to me. It adds a new rank with which you basically have a reason to fight all the previous monsters. It adds new monsters, a new area, moves, weappons, armor etc. I cant write down all the good stuff because it would make this too long to read. Just buy this expansion if you already have world. If not then first buy world and beat it. Thank you MHW Iceborne developers for making this masterpiece. Expand
  25. Sep 10, 2019
    Perhaps the best expansion of all time, essentially doubling the amount of content in the game, including new monsters, areas, mechanics, weapons, armour and more! Most of the new monsters are great, the new area is expansive and gorgeous to look at, and the new base area makes using all of the facilities such as the smithy and canteen a lot faster and practical. The clutch claw is aPerhaps the best expansion of all time, essentially doubling the amount of content in the game, including new monsters, areas, mechanics, weapons, armour and more! Most of the new monsters are great, the new area is expansive and gorgeous to look at, and the new base area makes using all of the facilities such as the smithy and canteen a lot faster and practical. The clutch claw is a mostly good addition that makes slinger ammo something you will actually bother to pick up although it doesn't mesh well with certain weapons playstyles. The one big downside is again the weapons however, as like in the base game some weapons are stunning whilst others are simply the basic bone/iron weapons with some tufts of fur or monster skin stuck onto them. However, due to the sheer amount of content, value and fun packed into this dlc and the long awaited difficulty boost for veteran players, this is one of the best dlc's released in the past decade and is definitely worth every penny for players who can't get enough of monster hunter world, particularly those who have exhausted the base game and are looking for a new, fresh and more difficult experience Expand
  26. Sep 14, 2019
    Out of all of the game expansions and dlcs I have played, this is by far the best one. Most game expansions add content that is only as much as a 1/2 or a 1/4 of the current game. Iceborne has so much content worth playing in it that this could be the only game that you would have to play all year. Tons of content, with over 20+ new and unique boss fights with their own cool armor, andOut of all of the game expansions and dlcs I have played, this is by far the best one. Most game expansions add content that is only as much as a 1/2 or a 1/4 of the current game. Iceborne has so much content worth playing in it that this could be the only game that you would have to play all year. Tons of content, with over 20+ new and unique boss fights with their own cool armor, and improved + fun game play all combine to make a great experience. Although if you are a person who is interested in story telling, this game isn't for you. But that's not what games are, games are meant to be fun. And this game is a real ball of a time. It demolishes every known dlcs' content from ever other game to exist in the past decade or two. Expand
  27. Sep 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best monster hunter expansion ever made and one of the greatest expansion ever. This has massive amount of content that it is as big if not bigger than the base game, 40 dollar price is more than worth it. Expand
  28. Sep 12, 2019
    This is DLC is almost as big to be called a game on its own. Best DLC ever!
  29. Sep 10, 2019
    Iceborn have a bug and I cant play but i play on other PS4 mas I love , Is funny
  30. Sep 6, 2019
    The best expansion about MHW, best story, and the new map is beautiful, and the monsters are so cool.
  31. Sep 8, 2019
    There's a line between DLC, expansion and a full blown sequel. Iceborne leans HEAVILY towards the last one despite disguising itself as an expansion, but the large difference is it expands upon the BASE game without sacrificing anything.
    It could even be called the definitive/remastered edition of World, considering it fixes EVERYTHING flawed with the base game and more.
    Recommended for
    Recommended for anyone with a modicum of interest, easily 80 hours of story content and a MINIMUM of 300 hours between World and Iceborne before any burnout sets in.
  32. Sep 8, 2019
    Haaaan thanks capcom, once again they did a good extension for a awesome game! Same as my last reviews I love what they do, more fun more thing to do, the come back of some monster are a real pleasures... Okay the skin of some weapons are the same buuuuut who cares, it's all about more fun !! So once again take my money and shut up :p
  33. Sep 9, 2019
    Doesn't reinvent the wheel BUT -- it makes the wheel better, adds another 25-30 wheels, doesn't rip you off (charges a fair price for the wheel) -- and is a pure delight to play.

Anyone who loved the original MHW will love Iceborne. Easily 50-100 hours of quality content if not multiples of that depending on how deep into "endgame" you want to go. It's clear that the devs/publisher

It's clear that the devs/publisher love the IP and respect their player base.
  34. Sep 9, 2019
    we love you capcom! please keep making these incredible games! keep going!!
  35. Sep 11, 2019
    An amazing “addition“ to an already excellent game. This is one of the largest, content heavy expansions you will play and more than justifies it's price. This is the equivalent of the ultimate versions that previous monster hunter entries have done. My one and only gripe is that some of the weapon skins are just not up to par, disappointing because the rest of the game is outstanding.An amazing “addition“ to an already excellent game. This is one of the largest, content heavy expansions you will play and more than justifies it's price. This is the equivalent of the ultimate versions that previous monster hunter entries have done. My one and only gripe is that some of the weapon skins are just not up to par, disappointing because the rest of the game is outstanding. 910 due to that fact. Keep it coming Capcom. Expand
  36. Sep 11, 2019
    Despite it's flaws here and there... Monster Hunter World Iceborne is the best version of monster we have ever received.
  37. Sep 12, 2019
    The game is actually pretty good. New monsters (and reaccuring old ones) are amazing fights, a new snow area to fight in with nice little details (like snow on armor when you're submerged in it), and the new gathering hub looks amazing. Tho I cant help but feel a little cheated by both the lack on effort in most of the weapon design and the fact that the 'legacy monsters' have the Low RankThe game is actually pretty good. New monsters (and reaccuring old ones) are amazing fights, a new snow area to fight in with nice little details (like snow on armor when you're submerged in it), and the new gathering hub looks amazing. Tho I cant help but feel a little cheated by both the lack on effort in most of the weapon design and the fact that the 'legacy monsters' have the Low Rank look for the older games. Expand
  38. Sep 13, 2019
    Iceborne is a phenomenal expansion that adds a massive amount of content with the addition of master rank, and adds itself onto the base game content in a fluid and fantastic way. This is definitely a must play for all MHW fans, new and old, and those who are looking for the added challenge of master rank! Highly recommended

1. The Iceborne expansion is one of the great examples of how to new content should be added to the games. The old expansion pack feeling is mostly delivered with Iceborne with many new features, monsters and mechanics.
  2. Sep 11, 2019
    Monster Hunter World: Iceborne doesn't seem interested in doing anything revolutionary, but it opens up a vast new range of possibilities on a game that already invested a lot in updating the classic hunting formula. The ultimate version of MHW feels deep, challenging, rewarding and easy to navigate, but it could've had a wider variety of beasts to slay.
  3. Sep 11, 2019
    I absolutely love this expansion and considering that Monster Hunter World is one of my favorite games of this generation, it’s been great to have this excuse to revisit it. I look forward to playing more and more, and I’m excited to see what type of content updates Capcom rolls out in the future.