8.1

1. Nov 19, 2016
    This game doesn't look good (it's not awful, more like 'oldschool' :) ), it doesn't have I-will-never-forget music, controls could be better... But somehow I'm 40 hours into the game and can't stop playing it.
    This game reminds me of '90s (no, it doesn't look THAT bad :) ) - good old days when looks wasn't the most important thing in a game. Gameplay was.
  2. Nov 14, 2019
    Mount and Blade Warband is a RTS RPG game set on a fictional continent called Caldaria. How you start in terms of location, skills and background story is completely up to you, and even has an effect on how hard the game will be for you. Let's get into it.

The graphics look dated as if they come straight out of a Playstation 2 game, but the abundance of options in gameplay are more broad than most RPG's as you have to manage an army with food, moral, honour and skills. There are a large amount of other NPC's that do their own thing regardless of you, making the game feel interactive and alive. By building and maintaining a relationship with these characters you can have more interactions with them, ranging from tasks to downright talking them into committing treason. Because of the large amount of options it always feels like the sky is the limit.

The combat in the game is tough. At first melee feels very unprecise, and ranged weapons feel pretty weak. After many hours it will start to make sense to the player, but i think this learning curve will turn off a lot of people. If you do commit to learning and mastering it though, you'll feel like you are in a real medieval battle as there's no mercy towards the player. Normal mode in this game is Very Hard in another game.

The grand goal is not set in stone, as you can do a variety of ways to play. It mostly comes down to having an army, but you can pursue playstyles like being a warlord, raider, a noble, conquering the world or just manipulating other NPC's into doing your wishes (if you are really good). This choice gives the game more replayability.

Unfortunately there are a few negatives too. As i mentioned before, the combat feels quite unprecise and has a steep learning curve. Apart from that, the combat on horseback has some bugs that appear all to frequently like your horse not being able to movie if you collide with another NPC. As you explore the game the first dozens of hours it will feel fresh, but once you've done a big portion of it the repetition sets in hard. Battles will play out the same, and there's not much strategy involved. It comes down to: 'You have Swadian Knights? Well then you win!'

It is an excellent game, and i think there's a lot of potential for the sequel if they improve the graphics, tutorials and controls in combat. I give it a 8/10.
  3. May 1, 2020
    Is a very good game. Buy it to support the creation of bannerlord. Also the critics here SMD
  4. Jul 30, 2020
    At one time, this game had a unique combat mechanics, a great RPG component, but now I think and besides me there will be those who also want to come back and experience the same emotions of the pioneer of Kalradia.
  5. Jan 13, 2020
    Je conseille ce jeu c’est un très bon jeu stratégique et médiéval Seul problème c’est qu’il manque énormément de fonctionnalités par rapport au PC :(
  6. Apr 6, 2020
    I played this game on PC first, then I transferred to PS4, and Warband was one of my first games. And I am still playing it till this day. Multiplayer is not played as much it should, but this is primarily singleplayer game. Campaign will entertain you for a long time. game mechanics are really good, but could be better. But if you look it's game from 2010, I think it deserves someI played this game on PC first, then I transferred to PS4, and Warband was one of my first games. And I am still playing it till this day. Multiplayer is not played as much it should, but this is primarily singleplayer game. Campaign will entertain you for a long time. game mechanics are really good, but could be better. But if you look it's game from 2010, I think it deserves some recognition for what it really is. Masterpiece! Expand
  7. Jun 22, 2020
    aoisjdffadhgahdghfdgkjlajf'dlka;sfjlshgjkdsgjkajg;af;ffjd;gjadlkgjdflkghjkdghaslkjao;gjsalkghdkghajkgh
  8. Aug 7, 2020
    Great game, grew up playing this and Crpg and can still now play, can’t wait for Bannerlord and hopefully will be on PS4/PS5
  9. Nov 29, 2016
    While, the games graphics are lacking and the controls are... not the best. I still love this game. I have played it most on the computer and have put hundreds of hours into it and for console, I still love it. it's not as good as it is on the PC simply because of the controls. but it's still a great deal of fun.

The general idea of the game is that you are someone for a various reason

The general idea of the game is that you are someone for a various reason (which you get to choose when you start the game), you are now out on your own to become a Lord/Lady, raise up and army and pillage, plunder, make friends or enemies and conquer. You can either join up with a faction to help them expand their territory or to conquer the whole world, or you can go about your own to start your own kingdom, recruit your friends to become your vessels or have other Lords come to you, or you can befriend a pretender and put them on their play of the throne. Fight wars against other factions and win to gain more "right to rule" and leads your armies across the fields into battle.

Over all the game is a massive epic adventure in which your actions help decide how the world changes.
  10. Feb 15, 2017
    With the last of my PSN credit, i saw this on sale for £7.99. i watched a review on youtube, from a very obese geeky looking man expressing a deep love for Mount & Blade on the PS4.
    This has been the most unexpected delight of my festive season purchases. I have been averaging 5 hours a day in one of the most challenging unique campaigns of any game, ever.
    Warband is in effect a sandbox
    Warband is in effect a sandbox realm of some 20 cities, dozens of castles and all with villages. Trade, fraction wars, deception, betrayal, crime pillaging and kidnapping, all happens all the time.
    To start, expect a grind. You start off as a nobody, free to wonder, but vunerable to looters and bandits on the roads. There is no right way of playing Warband. You can aim to be the hand of a king, who will lead other nobles under the fraction to besiege enemy castles or towns. Then, you may be chosen as lord of that castle etc. Earning rent to fund a larger army, or businesses in towns. Or, you could work as a mercenery for a kingdom, battling for a weekly wage. Or you could master coin and just make endless cash trading and questing for towns and villages.
    But the option i tend to sway to is to become a king and crush all the other fractions.
    My current play through, i am some 1000 days in. Ive 9 cities and some very powerful lords under me. I own businesses in all the towns in the realm and im at peace with all other fractions. Its taken years to gain the Right To Rule, so that other kings no longer see me as a warlord. I have a high honour rating and some 5k elite troops amongst my towns to defend. It doesnt sound a lot, but its a constant challenge dealing with the egos of the nobles beneath me, and here lies the genius in warlord. Its about managing nobles and ensuring you have as little betrayal as possible. This open ended gameplay and relationships i can really control makes this an endless stategic minefield.

Battles are chaos. You will get odd glitches, but they tend to favour you. Such as enemies running into trees on horseback and taking a little time to wedge out. I found it essential to get a good mount and armour early on, as keeping mounted in battle makes it a hell of a lot easier to keep alive. Once levelled to 20 or so, your character should be strong enough to take on a group whilst mounted. It becomes a block and slash game. The graphics are very weak for ps4, but the 100 troop battles rarely have much FR drops and whilst somewhat last decade now, its still satisfying to be at the top of a ladder slashing at enemies, getting splattered red in their blood. The sounds are sometimes very satisfying when you charge an enemy mounted and slash their.throat on passing. Its not probably gory enough, but its addictive.
    The depth of mechanics going on all the time is really something unlike any other ps4 title, be it a caravan being raided meaning raw materials have increased in price, impacting your profits, or, be it you letting a defeated lord go free after battle gaining his favour and honour, or be it recruiting a companion you can level up how you like, the game keeps you endlessly on your toes. The grind is from the off to build reputation, but once youve got enough you can do as you please.
    Ive introduced Warband to a number of gamer-mates, non of whom have looked at all interested. This is a very solititude experience and not a game to watch someone grind through. Its always rewarding. Sometimes i would spend 60 days in game raising elite troops and befriending villages nearby a town i was plotting to.attack to help wirh enlisting new troops if i was successful in my attack and had to defend the inevitable strike back. Some of the most entertaining battles in game were being 230 men vs an epic 1300 or so. But on the walls, tactics and grouping makes a huge difference and even on harder game settings can be won. I wont lie though, warband is hard. Even on the easiest setting, auto saves mean you must expect to occassionally be captured by the enemy. Those troops you raised from bandits, dead. Having towns or castles helps tackle this loss by allowimg you to put whatever troops you like in there, at a cost.
    Overall, ive played about 10 years in game between a few play throughs. Taken 100+ hours and find myself dipping back into it over a number of AAA titles. I couldnt recomend this enough if youre a fan of sandbox games with huge freedom, this is still a bargain even at full price £29.99
  11. Jan 5, 2017
    I love this game, I've lost so many days and weeks playing it. I first played it on PC years ago and when my PC broke down I was so annoyed I couldn't play it and now it's on PS4. Graphics aren't as good as newer titles but this game is still good. The controls take some getting used to as I am used to playing it on PC but this game is still very fun.

Side note - Mount and Blade 2

Side note - Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord is due out at some point this year and has better graphics and probably gameplay, if you want to get an idea of what this is going to be like then buy Warband and play it. You won't regret it
  12. Jan 5, 2019
    Very good RPG light Fantasy game, for an 8 year old game "sequel is coming"
  13. Sep 4, 2017
    This game is a homage to all the LAN parties from like 18 years ago. This game looks crappy, almost everythign from combat to controls, horses feels clunky. BUT it is soooo hilarious to play. Having a medieval team death match or laying siege to a castle. I had so many laughs.

You got several swords, axes, bows, crossbows, hammers, falchions, whatever, twohanders, shields, throwing dars, javelins, polearms. A really nice repertoire.

If you want to have total chaotic mayhem and even like a little bit of teamkilling (oh yes you can do that en mass there) this is your thing.

Now excuse me I have to take down horse riders with my doublehanded axe while being only in loinclothes, then I have to kick my teammate of the castle wall.

If you see that game for
  14. Jan 26, 2021
    I really regret diving into this game so late due to prejudgement. Even it's graphical and gamelplay shortcomings add to the vibe of oldschool. It's one of the greatest sandbox experiences exist at it's current state. It's impossible not to get hyped for the new game Bannerlord on PS5
  15. Dec 4, 2020
    PİYASADA BÖYLE TÜRDEN YERLİ OYUN GÖRDÜNÜZMÜ? K I Y M E T İ N İ L Ü T F E N B İ L İ N TABİ BANNERLORDU SAYMAZSAK.
  16. Feb 20, 2022
    Отличная игра и порт хороший, жаль модов нету. Смотрится уже не так как раньше, но все же крутая игра

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 20, 2017
    I have to be honest, after only a few hours of playing the game, I got bored and lost motivation to keep playing.
  2. Dec 13, 2016
    Any player with a taste for a medieval warlord’s life and a tolerance for dated graphics shouldn’t pass up the chance to sink their teeth into Mount and Blade: Warband. Though the PC version may be a bit easier to recommend thanks to the prevalence of mods and a more established community, folks without that option will do just fine on consoles.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 9, 2016
    No mod support, lesser multiplayer features, so why? Is this some kind of practice run for Mount & Blade 2?  [Nov 2016]