6.9

1. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has its flaws. It is not long (8-9hours). The narative is little slower (someone may call it boring). And due to lack of action and only few stealth scenes, the gameplay is kind of simple and not challenging. On the other hand the story is interesting, the investigation elements are kind of new (similar to L.A. Noire, but that is just only one competition so the novelty did notThis game has its flaws. It is not long (8-9hours). The narative is little slower (someone may call it boring). And due to lack of action and only few stealth scenes, the gameplay is kind of simple and not challenging. On the other hand the story is interesting, the investigation elements are kind of new (similar to L.A. Noire, but that is just only one competition so the novelty did not wore of yet). The small open world with many side areas to exprose was a surprise for me (I expected linear tunel) For me the most important part is that once I started the game I did not leave it until I finished it. I was not able to stop playing and exploring the world and story. And I finished satisfied. This is something that I dont find in many games these days. So if you can get over the lack of action. If you like the games like Heavy Rain, Beyond, last Telltale Games or you like the L.A. Noire investigation parts, then give this game a change. You may be very plesantly surprised. Expand
  2. Jul 28, 2014
    There are a lot of haters but I did my research and after beating it on my x1 I bought it for my ps4 since it was on sale and as a die hard point and click adventure fan for games like syberia , Dracula , still life , this game feels like that genres spiritual successor on the consoles and I loved the story it had me wanting to keep going just to find out who the big baddie is . A lot ofThere are a lot of haters but I did my research and after beating it on my x1 I bought it for my ps4 since it was on sale and as a die hard point and click adventure fan for games like syberia , Dracula , still life , this game feels like that genres spiritual successor on the consoles and I loved the story it had me wanting to keep going just to find out who the big baddie is . A lot of people just bought it thinking it was a shooter type game so they bash it but for what style it is it is at the top of the . list two thumbs up for me . Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2016
    Murdered: Soul Suspect is easily one of the most pleasant "surprises" for me in recent memory. If you love linear games and small scale exploration, you will absolutely enjoy it. While graphics are nothing special, it has a very enjoyable story, and the pacing is very well done.
  4. Sep 18, 2014
    Something new, something different for once, you get to control a dead detective ghost that's trying to solve his murder and others that was killed by the bell killer. What I liked about Murdered: Soul Suspect is the story, what I didn't like about the game was how short it was and the demons are really annoying. You can beat this game in 1 day or 2 days. It took me about 5 hours and 30Something new, something different for once, you get to control a dead detective ghost that's trying to solve his murder and others that was killed by the bell killer. What I liked about Murdered: Soul Suspect is the story, what I didn't like about the game was how short it was and the demons are really annoying. You can beat this game in 1 day or 2 days. It took me about 5 hours and 30 minutes to beat.

I would give this game a chance. Go out and rent it or buy the game cheap.
  5. Jun 24, 2014
    We've reached an age in gaming where a developer can come up with something unique and refreshing, and the entire game will get torn apart by the unforgiving community because it is not the same as the latest CODs, GTA's or major franchises. Murdered falls under that category. Do not let reviews dictate your own preferences. If the storyline or even trailer of the game looks interesting toWe've reached an age in gaming where a developer can come up with something unique and refreshing, and the entire game will get torn apart by the unforgiving community because it is not the same as the latest CODs, GTA's or major franchises. Murdered falls under that category. Do not let reviews dictate your own preferences. If the storyline or even trailer of the game looks interesting to you, you will enjoy it, as I did myself.

The city of Salem is well captured and there is a strong essence of true history the developers have thrown into it. Their attention to detail is immense. The gameplay isn't all too bad either. Running around town or places of interest is fluid, and the ghostly ability to walk through walls is great. The crime scenes are interesting, and you have to piece the clues together yourself to unlock the path of the story. The demons you come across are truly terrifying as well.

This is a true detective game, and if you are a fan of anything paranormal / crime related or even if the story seems interesting to you, this game will grip you and you will want to play till the end. It is unlike any other game out there.
  6. Jun 27, 2014
    Excellent game a very interesting and compelling story. I kept me hooked and guessing to the end. Will play again to collect all the items . The concepts used in the game are great and there are some very nice touches. The combat is a bit weak but the story makes up for it . i hope they do more in this series with new characters to interact with .
  7. Aug 10, 2014
    This game has seen its fair share of mixed reviews lately. Most call it for its flaws,but few actually weigh them with what it gets done right. This game succeeds in what's important for a video game to need,but does only average in other aspects of its game. Nope,it certainly doesn't re-invent the wheel here,but what gets done right,it gets done really well. Let's go further into this toThis game has seen its fair share of mixed reviews lately. Most call it for its flaws,but few actually weigh them with what it gets done right. This game succeeds in what's important for a video game to need,but does only average in other aspects of its game. Nope,it certainly doesn't re-invent the wheel here,but what gets done right,it gets done really well. Let's go further into this to find out what it is.

The time,modern. The place,Salem,Massachusetts. I applaud them for picking a city rarely exploited in this media. The story is about a detective named Ronan O'Conner,who is hot on the trail of a serial killer known as The Bell Killer. As he closed in to close this case,he gets thrown out a window of a two-story building.slowly fighting to stay alive, The Bell Killer finishes him off with five shots to his body,ultimately ending his life. His spirit leaves his body,now in ghost form,and it's there he sees his recently dead wife Julia. As the light we all know we go to shines bright behind her,he is told he cannot pass on and unite with her again until he "takes care of his unfinished business",the thing that leaves him un restful till he finds resolution in himself. This is where the game begins,with you finding out who this Bell Killer is,and solving the murder of,well,you.

Along his journey he will make an unlikely friend named Joy Foster,a psychic medium who can see ghosts and the spirit realm,and meet Abigail Williams,the first spirit he runs into after becoming once himself.you'll also meet some other characters through the story,such as a cop who's had a grudge with Ronan,Ronan's Brother-in-law,and all the spirits of Salem.each spirit Ronan encounters have things in their way also keeping them from passing over to the other side. You will help them find resolution to their conflicts through your detective work,ultimately finding out if you have what it takes to help them or not. The story here is really good.better than most,in fact. Some may argue that Ronan is a two-dimensional character,and some might not be able to empathize with him,but ultimately he's no stereotype.he was written for the role he is meant to play in,and his character reflects the things that Ronan can do in his position,giving us better believability to why or how Ronan is doing something. I'd say most critics expect some emotional tear dropping pathetic man or some other form of emotional variety,but I was very please with how he was written. Perfect for the part he plays in this game.

The same can be said for the rest of the characters. They all play their parts and while no particular character stands out from the rest,the balance of archetypes here is well done. Again,if there's one thing this game does excellent,it's the story,keeping you guessing around every turn until the shocking end. So much story is here,in fact,that through collects else you find more insight to this rich world of Salem the developers created. Through news clippings,imprinted memories,random items(not that random since their story uses them mainly,but at first they are),plaques,pictures,and other things of that nature,you'll find information to better give you a sense of this worlds history,characters,and background.

Ok,now on to the bad. The gameplay is average at best. It basically breaks down to two,maybe three major components. The first,is exploration. While cool to walk through objects and possess people,the town of Salem isn't big or open. It's basically a hub instead,serving as just a central point to move you from one level to the next,with little to do in between.what they did here to make this world seem bigger was they had parts of the town that were once there,now ghostly renditions of themselves,such as boats,buildings still set ablaze from a great fire,and so forth. You can't just pass through buildings,and you definitely can't pass through those ghostly remains,so what would take you a minute to reach now takes you 4,due to all the walking around these objects.

The second is the detective mode,where you survey an area of interest and find clues to help you solve one big important question of your situation or two. While I have to admit I thought them harder than they actually were,there's no failing them. E only consequence to not getting the answer right the first time is your badge rating gets reduced. But the story will continue forward even when you pick every answer except the right one. But really,the questions aren't riddles,and neither are the answers. If you say to yourself "this clue cannot be directly what the question is referring to",then it is.

And last is the combat.. I know there needs to be a way to fail in this game,but it's not even worth talking about. It's just a mechanic poorly done here.

This game is definitely worth a rental simply cause there's no replay value in it and it's on the short side of things in length,but do not miss out on Soul Suspect. This is one story worth going through.
  8. Jun 30, 2014
    It's not that bad! The visuals are okay and the AI is buggy but at least they are trying to do something different. You're a ghost, you die (obviously) and you go around trying to figure out who killed you and sometimes you run into other ghosts or demons. Its okay, i liked it even though it wasn't that long and i had to restart my ps4 once because i got stuck in a door :)
  9. Mar 15, 2015
    The review for this is simple. If you want a murder-mystery game with a compelling storyline, that you'll probably finish in a couple of days, this game is definitely for you. A little bit of stealth, a lot of searching, and some times you actually have to use your gray-matter to get past a few of the 'puzzles' (I'm not even sure that's the right word).. Someone else compared itThe review for this is simple. If you want a murder-mystery game with a compelling storyline, that you'll probably finish in a couple of days, this game is definitely for you. A little bit of stealth, a lot of searching, and some times you actually have to use your gray-matter to get past a few of the 'puzzles' (I'm not even sure that's the right word).. Someone else compared it to LA Noire and Heavy Rain, but even then the comparison just doesn't quite hit the mark. It's close, but not quite. For those of you who love TellTale games, this one will be right up your alley and is even more visually breathtaking.

Yes, there were one or two issues (Ability to complete a later "puzzle" before finishing a needed previous one, making a few logic holes if you did so, for instance.) And yes, it was very short, and will probably work better for most people as a rental rather than a full-price purchase.

Airtight should be appreciated for taking a chance on a different genre and coming together with a great atmosphere and story and put together just enough to make this a must-play.

Recommendation: Must rent and play, buy if only available at a lower than usual price.
  10. Jan 22, 2015
    Awesome game. The story line and investigations are one of a kind, Even though it does not have any action, I'm very pleased with this game. it kept me entertained.
  11. Mar 11, 2016
    The most underrated game I have ever played in my 16 years of gaming so far. The story is well done and the characters actually have some flavor. I can't believe the hate. This is a good game and story is engaging and gets you thinking unlike linear FPS campaigns with stale characters. Hats off to Square Enix & the former Airtight games.
  12. Jun 4, 2014
    I really don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the narrative based detective type genre, you will love this game. It is not action-packed, nor is it supposed to be. That being said, it is not boring either, as long as you like a good story and piecing clues together. I took a chance and bought this even with the professional reviewers defecating all over the game. I'mI really don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the narrative based detective type genre, you will love this game. It is not action-packed, nor is it supposed to be. That being said, it is not boring either, as long as you like a good story and piecing clues together. I took a chance and bought this even with the professional reviewers defecating all over the game. I'm very glad I did as it is a very rewarding experience in my opinion. I have only had one bug so far, when I used the "peek" option on a cop at the very beginning to see his notepad it wouldn't let me move the cursor on screen. I had to reload the latest checkpoint then all was fine. Other than that small thing, the game has been great. Expand
  13. Aug 9, 2014
    If you are looking for a game with combat or stealth or something of this nature, stay away from it, as the game is not one of those types of games. This game is in the vein of something like La Noire or Beyond Two Souls, it is a game about looking for clues, investigating, and occasionally using your ghost powers. If having constant gameplay is something you dont need, youll get drawn inIf you are looking for a game with combat or stealth or something of this nature, stay away from it, as the game is not one of those types of games. This game is in the vein of something like La Noire or Beyond Two Souls, it is a game about looking for clues, investigating, and occasionally using your ghost powers. If having constant gameplay is something you dont need, youll get drawn in by the world of the game, which is very well thought out. Your main character is not the usual archetype. He is a bit of a badboy, being a wiseass who chainsmokes, but truly wants to help, and not just because he is dead. There are some pretty interesting characters and a story that has a unique twist to it and not an ending you can easily call out. It is a fun game, and I rate it an 8.5, I edged it to a 9 due to some of the bad user reviews on here that complaim about lack of aforementioned gameplay aspects. The problems with the game are 3 things: 1) it is too linear, it doesnt have any kind of branching like LA Noire does. It is also om the short side, took me around 9 or 10 hours to complete. And the final part of the game, if you are a completionist and want to do everything for a trophy, youll want to wait to do it until you complete ALL of the side stuff. You can 100% this in the first playthrough, but you wont be able to go back once you go to the final part, youll have to start a new save if yoi wanna do that stuff, which is just a glaring flaw, but one that at the same time is really small. Expand
  14. Jun 4, 2014
    This was one of the few games I have played thus far this year that really drew me in and makes me want to play more. While I will be among the first to admit the game has technical flaws, they really didn't detract much form the experience. The story is the game's real draw, and it's fascinating. Ronan and Joy may start out a bit stereotypical, but flesh out really fast into charactersThis was one of the few games I have played thus far this year that really drew me in and makes me want to play more. While I will be among the first to admit the game has technical flaws, they really didn't detract much form the experience. The story is the game's real draw, and it's fascinating. Ronan and Joy may start out a bit stereotypical, but flesh out really fast into characters you honestly start to care about. Combat is a nice break here and there, but isn't overdone, and the demon's screams are truly chilling. Murdered is a nice change from all the FPS franchises and straight action games that seem to make up the majority of games coming out. Expand
  15. Jun 7, 2014
    This is a really great game with an unique and interessting story, fun gameplay and nice crime solving puzzles. The Charakters are great and the german translation is superb.
  16. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun, not sure why the professional reviewers hate it so much. Maybe they're expecting it to be a fast-paced action game or something like that which it definitely isn't.

It's a detective game with an interesting story and characters that draws you in. It's also pretty novel in that you're playing a criminal-turned-detective's ghost who's trying to find the identity of his killer. You spend the game collecting clues to figure out your killer's identity while stopping along the way to help out other lost souls in little sidequests where you figure out how they died so they can pass on. There are also lots of collectibles, some of which provide background for the story, such as notes left by the main character's wife, or that unlock stories about unsolved crimes connected to hauntings. You end up collecting a lot of clues and you have to figure out which ones will help you solve whatever crime you're working on. They make sense and its fun. You can also posess the living, and while you can't move them, you can help them remember and eavesdrop on their conversations or thoughts. You can, however, posess cats which allow you to reach places you can't reach on your own. Everything about the game makes sense...you can't walk through the outdoor walls of buildings that have been consecrated, the demons you have to sneak past to take down from behind are souls who never passed on, etc. The mood the game sets just enhances the experience, being creepy and immersive.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun. Story is great, gameplay is fun, voice acting is well done. The only drawback is the graphics aren't as fancy as some of the other games coming out this year, but they are still pretty decent, especially the lip synching. If you like story-driven games, or mystery/adventure games then you'll probably like this game. If you want this game to be a gritty shooter, then go buy Max Payne instead, because you won't get that with this game.
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    I don't understand all the low reviews for this game ? This is not an action game it was never promoted as an action game its a fun puzzle game at it's core with a rich and compelling world. The demons and the little bit of combat that is in the game is perfect anymore would really be a drag and break the immersion. It's not a perfect game but it is a very fun game with a damn good story.I don't understand all the low reviews for this game ? This is not an action game it was never promoted as an action game its a fun puzzle game at it's core with a rich and compelling world. The demons and the little bit of combat that is in the game is perfect anymore would really be a drag and break the immersion. It's not a perfect game but it is a very fun game with a damn good story. If you are going into this game expecting lots of action instead of lots of exploration then yeah you are not going to be very happy.But since i am tired of all the FPS clones out now that are instantly forgettable i'm glad some developers have chosen to go a different route and give us something different to play. The game is a solid 8.5 and i would recommend it to everyone tired of run n gun shooters. Expand
  18. Jul 9, 2014
    The problem with most game reviewers and gamers today, is that if it doesn't explode and flash in your face every three seconds, it's considered sub-par. Long gone are the days of games which were slower paced, more thoughtful and engaging to a different kind of gaming audience. I really liked this game, plain and simple. The story and characters were very good and every mission feltThe problem with most game reviewers and gamers today, is that if it doesn't explode and flash in your face every three seconds, it's considered sub-par. Long gone are the days of games which were slower paced, more thoughtful and engaging to a different kind of gaming audience. I really liked this game, plain and simple. The story and characters were very good and every mission felt different, keeping it from feeling meticulous. Yes, there are flaws in this game, but not every game can have the production value of a GTA 5. There's a lot to be admired in this game if you look for it. Take your time with it, don't rush it, enjoy it and see where it takes you. Well worth getting. Expand
  19. Mar 5, 2015
    There is absolute no reason for bad reviews of this game. Yes, it's not perfect in some ways, 7 hours long and easy. BUT... Telltale games are even easier, shorter, much worst looking and getting only acclamations! Telltale Walking dead is great game, but this one is better. It's some strange mix between Telltale titles and Sherlock Holmes games with a lot of innovative additions. Shame IThere is absolute no reason for bad reviews of this game. Yes, it's not perfect in some ways, 7 hours long and easy. BUT... Telltale games are even easier, shorter, much worst looking and getting only acclamations! Telltale Walking dead is great game, but this one is better. It's some strange mix between Telltale titles and Sherlock Holmes games with a lot of innovative additions. Shame I read those silly reviews and waited a log time to get it. Should play it as soon it was released!! Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2015
    This game is not a goty and not a masterpiece, but you know what? I spend a great time with it. This game has a personality and it's calm and measured. If tired from shooters or copypast horros and want to spend some evenings with chilling videogames - try this one.
  21. Jul 8, 2014
    In my opinion, the video game was great. Sure, it wasn't the longest game, and it's no Outlast, but the story and the experience and the graphics, and so many other things to this game were outstanding to me. Maybe not the critics or the other users, but this game, by far, is one my favorites.
  22. Jun 6, 2014
    Sure this game has it's flaws but what game doesn't? Also I don't understand the low "critic" scores. This game is fun, with a story that is actually really clever. Sure it's a bit cheesy at times, but still clever. The gameplay mechanics are easy to understand and we'll executed. Overall great game.
  23. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't believe people underrated this game that much, it has a solid story, good mechanics and good graphics for a PS3 game which for instance Watch_Dogs didn't and this game is 10 times better than that and with 10 times less hype, a true gem of it's genre
  24. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing The visuals, the gameplay, are all spectacular and it's refreshing. they have completely redefined storytelling in gaming with this masterpiece. It's about being a detective and boy, does it ever do it well.
  25. Jun 11, 2014
    THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.

This

This game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
    It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
    This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.

It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.

Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.
  26. Jun 26, 2014
    Ok, this game is pretty unique, I give it that. If you are looking for an action or an rpg look somewhere else, obviously. This is an adventure game where you go from place to place, look for clues, think and select relevant clues to the crime scene and has occasional stealth. It is a relaxing experience for anybody, with some spooky elements and interesting story and mechanics. Beware, itOk, this game is pretty unique, I give it that. If you are looking for an action or an rpg look somewhere else, obviously. This is an adventure game where you go from place to place, look for clues, think and select relevant clues to the crime scene and has occasional stealth. It is a relaxing experience for anybody, with some spooky elements and interesting story and mechanics. Beware, it is a console port with some bad decisions -like no manual saves and if you select by accident 'do not save the game' on the start - it will not be saved at all, I thought that option applied only to an initial save. In fact the game has only one save slot. Some mechanics are too scripted, like poltergeist - allowing you to influence technology, it is only spooking people when you are TOLD to use it. There some bugs and visual glitches, some puzzles are too easy. This features make the game worth about 7, but to me, due to the uniqueness and some strange appeal it is an 8. It is a special game, so beware you may end up hating it, but if if touches the right chord in you - you will love it. Expand
  27. Ed_
    Jun 5, 2014
    I am always up to a great cop story. No matter if it is realist L.A. Noire or ghostly Murdered: Soul Suspect. I simply love police work and investigation and this game perfectly gives it back.

Pros.: Fantastic story, no difficulty with controls, great sounds and graphics. Cons.: Sometimes more explanation would be needed on missions. There could have been more potential in the game.

Pros.: Fantastic story, no difficulty with controls, great sounds and graphics.

When I first played with the game, I was skeptical because I didn't think I would enjoy the gameplay without actually doing anything as a ghost but I was mistaken. Things will be strange first, like you can't get into buildings through the doors or can't easily find your way to a location. Later you will get used to it and will surely enjoy game. When you have to collect clues, make up the story in your head and then finally get a cutscene where everything what happened will be shown is just amazing. Amazing like controlling a cat by possessing it.
    Characters are well written. You will get to know them very well, you can feel that they were part of Ronan's life and you can completely sympathize with them. The afterlife-Ronan's friends and allies are also likeable and has definitive goals.
    All in all, it is an enjoyable and first-class game. I don't understand how some people and even professional reviewers can give it a negative or mixed review. Try the game, I am sure you will like it if you like investigation and some mystery.
  28. Jun 4, 2014
    I believe this game had more potential to be longer and have more mechanics, however, its intriguing story and collectables are what hooks you to the game and not put it down till over. I admit I didn't know what to expect, as the gameplay videos and the so called "pre-reviews" didn't give much detail on what the game is really about. It feels like it has similar story telling as the gameI believe this game had more potential to be longer and have more mechanics, however, its intriguing story and collectables are what hooks you to the game and not put it down till over. I admit I didn't know what to expect, as the gameplay videos and the so called "pre-reviews" didn't give much detail on what the game is really about. It feels like it has similar story telling as the game "Beyond two souls" and I think the uncertainty of the game and the way it advertised itself made many people disappointed.

In my opinion:

Story: 8/10

Story is intriguing and inmersive, and hooks players

Gameplay: 7/10

There are bugs and glitches that shouldn't even be there, and the mechanics are easy and even unchallenging.

Replayability:

Not really unless you want the collectables and side stories.

Graphics: 8/10

Nice for new gen, not so much in older versions.
  29. Jun 4, 2014
    This game awesome. Absolutely better than king of this genre - Alan Wake. Great graphic with good sound ambient make it -game of the year. maybe the story of it not new. We seen it before in RIPD and etc. But who say that we can't rewrite this with some improvements which gracefully turn it in all new story.
  30. Aug 2, 2015
    Игра из лучших игр, в которые я играл. Отличная атмосфера, уникальный сюжет и увлекательный сюжет, игра проходиться на одном дыхании. Murdered сложно с чем либо сравнить, поскольку эта игра превосходна.
  31. Aug 31, 2015
    Bought this game during a sale and forgot I even had it. Finally decided to play it last night and I do NOT regret the buy. It was a very great game. The story line was great, your ghost abilities were really cool, and I loved the main characters. I do wish it had been longer but only cause I hate it ended. I got hooked and couldn't stop playing. Highly recommend this game.
  32. May 15, 2015
    So i have also finished the game now and its one of the best singleplayer games i have played in a long time.

As someone else said in his review i cant either understand why all the reviews of the game from the news gaming sites is so bad... Its true that the game doesnt have any combat other then the demons that you have to get past from time to time. But this game doesnt need that,

Its true that the game doesnt have any combat other then the demons that you have to get past from time to time. But this game doesnt need that, you are supposed to figure out your murder and other murders aswell, And thats done really well!!

I also enjoyed the story alot, i love how you walked around and found story about the city, Ronan himself and his wife.

I didnt feel like the game was scary but i did have alot of goosebumps playing through this game, and that for one thing tells me it was an amazing game!!
  33. Jun 19, 2014
    The story line is great, it enables you to piece more info about the killer as the game progresses. The real challenges lie more in the side missions, the clues are often spread out in a different area but when you acquire all specific items for a certain side quest you get a trophy and a ghost story based on the name of the side quest which is awesome. Game took me about 10 hours toThe story line is great, it enables you to piece more info about the killer as the game progresses. The real challenges lie more in the side missions, the clues are often spread out in a different area but when you acquire all specific items for a certain side quest you get a trophy and a ghost story based on the name of the side quest which is awesome. Game took me about 10 hours to complete about 12-13 hours adding in all the side missions. I think the check point system can be better, i like the nice bonus of getting to posses cats which you can control to an extent. It would be nice if you could do the same with people but the most you can do with possessing a human is influence some actions in terms of choices.. controls work perfectly, their have been some bugs, but their not as common as you'd think, i had encountered 1 glitch in the span of the game. Everything is pretty close together but i actually like it that way, like i said their are a ton of side missions/ items so i think having a bigger world would make it nearly impossible to find all of the hidden items and everything. Also the story does a great job of building up anticipation for the actual identity of the killer. For a first attempt at a game like this from square enix it is very good. Expand
  34. Jan 6, 2015
    This game really surprised me. I hadn't heard much about it when it came in from Gamefly. I ended up loving the characters and storyline and really felt for the murder victims. The ghostly aspect of it is exciting and very scary at times. The game is very linear but there are a ton of pickups and side stories to track down along the way. It's definitely worth a play through if you likeThis game really surprised me. I hadn't heard much about it when it came in from Gamefly. I ended up loving the characters and storyline and really felt for the murder victims. The ghostly aspect of it is exciting and very scary at times. The game is very linear but there are a ton of pickups and side stories to track down along the way. It's definitely worth a play through if you like detective games or are just looking for a break from an FPS. Expand
  35. Dec 10, 2014
    It is a good game and I like it but there could have been some improvements. The puzzles are a little to easy and you can't upgrade your powers to teleport farther or stuff like that. Over all it has been a good game and I haven't stopped liking it since the day I bought it.
  36. Aug 23, 2015
    An amazing game with a great story to tell, also unbelievably buried by the critics, which maybe can tell you something about their reliability and their sympathy to "some companies". You have to play this game if you like investigating-murder games. Also check the gameplays are available on youtube, don't let yourself fooled by the critics. Definitely a 10/10 game.
  37. Aug 31, 2016
    If you expect shooting this is not your game. This is a really good story that will catch you since the very beginning. People say it is short, yes, as there are not distracting unnecessary side quests just to make the game last longer (like in Fallout 4)
    Graphics are good, it has no glitches, bugs or frames per second falling like in other AAA games (Assassins, Fallout and so on)
    I
    I really had fun playing it, i totally recommend it.
  38. Nov 25, 2015
    Short game, but fun.
    The story is good and for a short game I was surprised by how fun it was to play, I like these mysterious kind of games so I enjoyed every single bit of it, and wanted to go on to find out who the mysterious killer was.
    For a short game it was worth the money (bought in on sale).
  39. Mar 24, 2016
    Death is only the beginning ….

Murdered Soul Suspect was developed by Airtight Games and published by Square Enix. The game was released for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the summer of 2014. The game takes place in Salem, where Ronan O'Connor was killed while he was chasing the murderer named the “Bell Killer”. The antagonist comes back as a ghost and
    Death is only the beginning ….

The game takes place in Salem, where Ronan O'Connor was killed while he was chasing the murderer named the “Bell Killer”. The antagonist comes back as a ghost and this is where the game really starts.

Ronan and Joy, a medium meet many ghosts from the past and the present while they try to solve the "Bell Killer" case. The main characters are really likeable they are well written. I have to say that the story is the strongest part of the game I really enjoyed it and I think everyone will love it who likes horror stories.

The controls are good, but the gameplay is very plain. You have to fight demons but its just some QTE not real combat and its better to avoid fighting. You have to search different places in Salem for evidences and memories so in the end you can solve the mystery. The ending is really good.

In the other hand the game is very easy and short, you can finish it in some hours. The game is fully linear the only challenge is to find every collectables in Salem.

While I liked the graphics, Salem and the characters look really good, I have to admit that it isn’t next gen. But all in all the art style, the sounds and the music makes a very strong eerie atmosphere and this is why I loved this game. It could be made a very nice horror movie.

Trophy collectors will love this game as you can get platinum trophy very easy and fast.

There is a Limited Edition which comes with a very nice artbook that looks like a diay.

I’m sure that you will love or hate Murdered Soul Suspect.

As a game it fails in many level, its very short, very easy and linear and after finishing it, you wont go back to start again. From this perspective I would rate a game 6/10.

But if I look at the story and play a game as an interactive movie (like Order 1886, or the Walking Dead games) it deserves a 8/10.

I think if the game is on a sale, you should buy it.
  40. Djt
    Oct 28, 2016
    The price that i got this game for may have influenced my decision a little ($7.95 at a used games store) but even if i had payed more, i would have been happy. It isn't the best game (Lack of combat and a linear story do drag it into the mud a little) but it certainly isn't one of the worst games I've played. I really enjoyed the dialogue between the main character and the other ghost'sThe price that i got this game for may have influenced my decision a little ($7.95 at a used games store) but even if i had payed more, i would have been happy. It isn't the best game (Lack of combat and a linear story do drag it into the mud a little) but it certainly isn't one of the worst games I've played. I really enjoyed the dialogue between the main character and the other ghost's and the cases kept me interested and engaged. Definitely recommend picking this game up (especially if it is on sale). Expand
  41. Dec 28, 2018
    Rating on the version I played on PS4 Pro. I have to say I would want to give this game a 10 for its unique experience that is really well made. In my honest opinion it doesnt deserve the low ratings it gets but its a little bit too monotenous and has tiny controlling flaws which made me rate it a decent 8. I think everything between 7 and 9 is well deserved for this game depending onRating on the version I played on PS4 Pro. I have to say I would want to give this game a 10 for its unique experience that is really well made. In my honest opinion it doesnt deserve the low ratings it gets but its a little bit too monotenous and has tiny controlling flaws which made me rate it a decent 8. I think everything between 7 and 9 is well deserved for this game depending on personal preference.

The game has a crime adventure ghost setting, where you have to unconver the truth of your own and other peoples deaths to free your soul and be released to afterlife. The storytelling is decent and leads you to the town of salem where you are hunting for suspects and leads to closing up the case. In that endeavour you will be helped by a medium that can communicate with ghosts. The plot itself combines supernatural elements and witchcraft into a unique blend of crime solving.

After all the game can be mingled down to searching evidence and combining puzzles, there is also some action involved but that is really the minor part. Fighting takes place around 15 times in the game and I think you can even do it stealth only. The supernatural powers you have lets you manipulate things and also control animals which is well made. The places you discover are the town itself, a cementary, church, police station etc. and the atmosphere is outstandingly very well made. It has a consistant feeling of suspension, thrill and mystery while you unfold the killers motives.

The visuals are well made, the same goes to the sound without being outstanding. Frame drops occured once in a while but it was barely noticeable and happened only 2-3 times in the whole playthrough. I think you ll manage to give it a full walk by 5 to 10hrs depending on your playstyle and whether you go for the achievement hunting which is heavily embedded in the game.

If you are into crime-like adventures and/or bits of supernatural flavors this game can be a very tense but also chill experience to live through. I would definetely buy again. Had the luck to grab it for the nothingness of 1.99 in a sale but I think everything below 10 is way worth for this game. I highly suggest to give it a try.
  42. May 21, 2018
    Este es un gran juego con una historia única e interesante, un juego divertido y acertijos para resolver crímenes. el juego es sencillo de terminar y es algo corto pero lo compensa con la historia, como ver a un fantasma resolver su asesinato para que su alma llegue al cielo fue lo que me llamo la atención , no es para todo el mundo , muy bueno para pasar una tarde lluviosa

1. Oct 2, 2014
    If you're looking for a relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon, Murdered fits the bill, but that's about it.
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 25, 2014
    I expected Murdered to be an interesting, modern adventure game. Instead I got a very shallow story paired with irritating gameplay mechanics. [08/2014, p.52]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 4, 2014
    An interesting concept with half-decent story beats, dragged to hell by shonky puzzles, odd dialogue jumps and bugs that are far more terrifying than the subject matter. [Aug 2014, p.87]