4.2

1. Sep 12, 2019
    Really boring and really really dissapointing im not a fan of nfs games but this game is **** as hell!
  2. Sep 2, 2019
    Set in the underworld of Fortune Valley, players drive as three distinct characters reunited by a quest for vengeance against The House, a nefarious cartel that rules the city’s casinos, criminals and cops.
  3. Jul 30, 2019
    Nice sounds, cars, customization, but physics.. I would creators the game don't played after release and before. Trash game, btw
  4. Jul 24, 2019
    I played the nfs in the 90s and beginning of 2000, it reminded me of them . i enjoyed this game with the same game play than the 90s with a better graphism.
    with 20 years of evolution today it might looks like a come back in the 90s for some people.
    today the companies want to make as much money as they can to profit from microtransaction , they care about your money and nothing else. they are making money from the game you buy and from what you buy in the game.
  5. Jul 20, 2019
    This game has pissed me off to no end. The people online who spent their money on a product have to try to figure out how they game saves itself so they don't lose all their time spent to redo everything. Twice this game hasn't saved. First time I spent 13 hours getting through the first 4 bosses and wandering the map. This save went to nothing after closing the app on my PS4. Second timeThis game has pissed me off to no end. The people online who spent their money on a product have to try to figure out how they game saves itself so they don't lose all their time spent to redo everything. Twice this game hasn't saved. First time I spent 13 hours getting through the first 4 bosses and wandering the map. This save went to nothing after closing the app on my PS4. Second time I spent more than triple that getting through the first 4 plus Jess missions and skyhammer. With having lots more wandering time collecting direlect parts, all billboards and 70ish chips, and as many 3 star jumps, traps, runs etc. After thinking the game saves from going to a garage I closed it to play other things and again losing tons of progress. At least 15 hours forcing me back to being on the drag/drift bosses. **** this game. Don't waste your money. Expand
  6. Jul 18, 2019
    Ебаное бездорожье, гонки на драгстерах!! Вы шо ебу дали господа, вы сами в эту дичь играли?
  7. Jul 14, 2019
    Рпг в гонках вы настолько далбаебы бля с ламбаргини не могу обогнат какой то прастой ниссан из за рангов у меня 340 у противника 394 вы чо ахренели
  8. Jul 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not like before very bad i am on 33 % and it still hard in drigt and off road you should play more than 5 time at the same race to save the road and you need always to update the car You need to change car every race and update every race
    Also if you put easy it still discusting
  9. Jun 3, 2019
    Тей хто балансив машини та малював трасси до класу "Бездоріжжя" - сини сутулих собак!
    Придбав ігрулю за 5$, червона ціна - 3$ і це якщо вам доплатять.
    EA + Ghost = a piece of sheet
  10. May 20, 2019
    Отличная игра, лучшее что вышло после nfs most wanted. Правда сюжета маловато, но все что есть сделано максимально эпично и захватывающе.
  11. Mar 22, 2019
    Ok, trying to be brief long time fan of underground series Ive seen too much hate on this game so im going to post my opinion:

Story: by a long shot the most story driven nfs game. Its silly? YES, its a street racing game, what would you expect? It fits perfectly these kind of game and setting. The characters arent developed in depth which is also to be expected but you get to know their personalities and some background if you pay attention.

Gameplay: pretty good plenty of modes including police chase which underground didnt had and with takedows.

The progression system is messed up because of the slot machine upgrade system which is terrible out of place on this genre.

Good car variety: imports, luxury and hypercars and surprisingly classics too.

My score would be 8/10 because of the upgrade system but considering how unfair people were with this game i give 10/10.
  12. Mar 13, 2019
    Oh need for speed how you have changed, most of you will probably agree that need for speed was one of the first racing games you played?

After completing the main story after around 24hrs which for an EA game is a decent length. It left a taste in my mouth that i cannot quite grasp, bitter sweet? A love/hate? I found myself finding foibles in what the game wanted to be. A satirical collaboration of stereotypes, A mash of cringe upon cringe from the main characters, The writing was just bad credit to David Ajala (Mac) for managing to crack me up on multiple occasions, sadly his character is the only one that feels like it belongs and has any feel whatsoever, the rest are washboard at best.

Enough of the bad for a period, why am i giving it a 8? well simple the game is a joy to play the different race categories have enough diversity in the way they play, my only wish was that Drag races would know what they want to be when they grow up, but we'll come back to that. Generic "Race" is my personal favourite however there is nothing quite like the butt clenching terror of the "Offroad" they're engaging and thrilling blasting horizontally around a mountain at 150mph is nothing short of difficult but not so much that you have to be a god amongst plebs. And as mentioned before you play as Mac for the rally/drift stages so another bonus there and he’s the best.

Now a moment for a critique and that's some of the races/missions just seem lost and confused. Drag for example takes a perfectly good system of the ¼ mille stint timing gear changes with nitro to thrash you poor defenceless NPC gasping for air in a dust cloud. But then suddenly you're taking a car that sticks its nose in the air at the push the throttle around a tight track run, this isn't helped by the fact drag cars tend to handle like a blind elephant on broken roller skates. It’s honestly my biggest complaint and would legitimately spark my ayre at times. Really took away from the drag scene and made it become tedious to contend in the events. Although the wheeling was rather hilarious when jumping over other racers.

If i had to choose one thing to take away from the game it would have to be the livery system the freedom to do with just about anything, from making a epileptics nightmare with barney the dinosaurs vomit across the hood of the car. Or if you're bored like i was a local English police car because why not? The level of freedom is exceptional when creating the designs the car is separated into several sections i.e roof and hood, Right side. Left side (option to copy all layers and symmetric) bumpers and windows. Each decal will populate a "layer" which there is a infinite number of to play with. Made for a lot of my game time fiddling with each decal to get the perfect look. This is all complimented with the visual customisation to boot such as spoilers and body kits, which all become unlocked by doing challenges in the world. The customisation if defiantly front and centre here which i love, NFS has always been about decked out cars going fast.

To round this off i'd say it's a good game that could of been better, The card system wasn't terrible allows for some ridiculous cars, A 60's vw beetle with 1000 horsepower? because why not? However it becomes kind tedious and meticulous toward the end search for those 0.02 seconds off of your 0-60 and all the most symbiotic perks to create the fastest car. Police are horrifically unbalanced and make zero sense but they show up rarely enough for it not to be that big a pain in the arse and ramming them into a wall deals with them promptly, However you will not out run them. The story missions are to few and far between which is sad as they added something fresh to the go fast. Example you end up smashing through police roadblocks in a car transporter for one mission which was class as it made me feel like Bruce Banner after he stubbed his toe.
    Over all game play was a lot of fun getting all the fancy cars is easy and barely have to work for them controls after a quick edit are solid not the best but functional. Definitely worth picking up and playing even if it's just for it trying its best to pay homage to the NFS of old, Sadly i doubt there will ever be a sequel but here's hoping.

Summary 8/10 Good game with with glaring floor's that could of easily been avoided.
  13. Mar 7, 2019
    Had a blast collecting platinum trophy. Really there's no need to pay for those loot boxes, you can gain them through random actions, and they are cosmetic, so i don't get why everyone is so upset about it. For one, I actually didn't notice those boxes. nor the need for them. Riding mechanics is as realistic as ever in nfs franchise, smooth driving, drifting. Main story is not as boring asHad a blast collecting platinum trophy. Really there's no need to pay for those loot boxes, you can gain them through random actions, and they are cosmetic, so i don't get why everyone is so upset about it. For one, I actually didn't notice those boxes. nor the need for them. Riding mechanics is as realistic as ever in nfs franchise, smooth driving, drifting. Main story is not as boring as it seems, but not as perfect it could be. And it didn't feel like a grind to me, it's natural you need to progress to get some better items, but I've got my cars quite speedy and it did not felt like it was taking too long. Expand
  14. Feb 10, 2019
    ESTA BIEN, ES UN BUEN ARCADE DE CONDUCCIÓN CON BUENA CANTIDAD DE COCHES PARA USAR Y CARRERAS PARA JUGAR.
  15. Feb 3, 2019
    From the crappy card system to the amazingly terrible AI and the "scaling" racers. This game needs a lot of work under the hood. When my car is 40 lvls ahead of the mission, i should NOT be unable to catch the guy in the lead even when driving perfectly, obvious ploy to force me to grind MORE cards.
  16. Jan 30, 2019
    Что это было? Нафига было игру на столько казуалить для школьников долбоебов? Жаль что я сам тот еще идиот и не смог отключить голоса героев на подобии негра который орал постоянно "ЖРИ ПЫЛЬ". Так-же полностью засрали систему тюненха авто (которая внутренняя), а в сюжете всего 2 голливудских сцены, и то которые показали в трейлере, а между ними просто спам скучнейшей езды по пустыни. ВсеЧто это было? Нафига было игру на столько казуалить для школьников долбоебов? Жаль что я сам тот еще идиот и не смог отключить голоса героев на подобии негра который орал постоянно "ЖРИ ПЫЛЬ". Так-же полностью засрали систему тюненха авто (которая внутренняя), а в сюжете всего 2 голливудских сцены, и то которые показали в трейлере, а между ними просто спам скучнейшей езды по пустыни. Все остальное что не смогли забрать осталось на уровне НФС2015.

Че сказать, молодцы, опять после годной части начали скатываться в дерьмо
  17. Jan 11, 2019
    game is ridiculous. not even talking about de hole microtransaction thing. the gameplay is terrible, you`re basicaly driving on rails, its even worse on off road races (the car basically cannot be controlled at all).

worse nfs today...
  18. Jan 9, 2019
    Fails to innovate. Game quickly gets boring with repetitive races, challenges and useless collectibles. Concerning customization, it goes in line with NFS 2015, that is, pretty good but still not at the level of Underground. As every NFS, handling of cars is not the greatest.
    Map feels cool but terribly lacks of any kind of life, furthermore cops are useless so no epic pursuits.
    Missions
    Missions we were advertised are very few. Only chapter conclusions have a bit of originality, and the whole thing is obviously scripted as hell.
    Online mode is pointless since NFS 2015 at least allowed to play missions in online coop, which you cannot do here. Online free roam mode was added in an update but only collectibles are available in it.
    This game would be so dead if Forza Horizon was on PS4.
  19. Dec 12, 2018
    I played the game, purchased it for 25€. It exceeded my expectations. While I was afraid that the gameplay would be scripted and annoying it ends up being probably the best NFS in terms of gameplay. The most fun one. I think that the whole idea of open world racing game isn't that big to give the game more than 7/10 so I'm rating it 6/10 but it's really deserved 6 points and I'm enjoyingI played the game, purchased it for 25€. It exceeded my expectations. While I was afraid that the gameplay would be scripted and annoying it ends up being probably the best NFS in terms of gameplay. The most fun one. I think that the whole idea of open world racing game isn't that big to give the game more than 7/10 so I'm rating it 6/10 but it's really deserved 6 points and I'm enjoying every second of it so far. Progression system is different and seems at certain times like an automat in casino but you can't spend real money in that automat only the in-game currency and the microtransaction filled shipment packs don't contain anything too great just a few thousand of dollars you can grind within one event and bunch of bad looking or bad sounding customization effects. I don't feel like this game should be rated 4/10 for microtransactions because there's just such a minor portion of them you wouldn't believe how this amount of useless packs can piss all the people off. Most of these people just spotted option to spend money and immediately jumped on wave of hate while when I finished the campaign I had 2,5 Milion in-game dollars and immediately maxed out 2 car classes, bought best cars for race and drift class + maxed them out to performance level 399 and still have 1 Million to spend so I don't see how this is anyhow unfair or anything bad. Everyone here is complaining about some kind of a grind but I don't see any grind so far. Earning money real fast without even trying. Expand
  20. Nov 20, 2018
    Специально зарегался на этом сайте чтобы оставить отзыв. Игра дерьмище, ссанина коня. В первый андерграунд приятней играть...
    А теперь по фактам: Управление- это даже не аркада, какая то хуйня из под коня. Машина ведет себя непредсказуемо (конечно к этому управлению можно привыкнуть, но зачем???) машина тормозит с ручником, боком лучше чем на прямых колесах и обычным тормозом, заходя в поворот с заносом машины лучше ускоряется чем если ехать без заноса, такой фэйспалм просто...
    Графика- не считаю ее каким то критерием оценки но все же, когда текстура наклейки на авто прогружается когда вы делаете акцент на авто это бл. просто провал.
    Сюжет- ничего не могу написать так как удалил нахрен после часа игры, но наверника ссанина.
    Жалко даже 800 рублtй которые за нее отдал по акции PlayStation.
  21. Nov 5, 2018
    Definitely not a bad game. The racing and the open world are fun, only the progression is not as much fun as I would like to see.
  22. Oct 21, 2018
    Traffic. A lot of traffic. Too much traffic. He is incredibly infuriating. How was it possible to think of leaving it during the challenges?
  23. Oct 14, 2018
    Просто перечислю минусы: симулятор попадания в колечки, коллектиблс, некоторые авто надо искать на карте, текстуры иногда дрожат, камера ведёт себя иногда ужасно дико, пару раз зависла игра, один раз стёрла сейв.
  24. Oct 10, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hope some of the dev team actaully read some of these...
    To begin with..you are releasing a game..and not every game...you release Need For Speed.. for a long time you used to co-operate with EA which the past years "SHE" used to get more money from microtransactions. Now at the time being..EA not only ruined this game but it's going to ruin the games in the future just and only because you have to obey her rules since you made a contract. Although NFS games used to be very good when you were co-operating with EA the past years you manage to ruin everything when you got 1 team working for 2 games..You actually in the dev team allowed to yourselfs to get stressed out by some people who wanted to make more money..and as a resul..the team destroyed..and as the team destroyed you destroyed also the hapiness of your fans. We have to pay to enjoy most games..i understand that...but when a game is already at a really bad costing price don't say "HEY WE ARE GONNA RELEASE DLC's WHICH THEY ARE GOING TO BE 15$ each..i am not talking about the NFS games..but this is going to happen at the NFS [2019] (if it gets released at this part of time) by EA. You managed to destroy your name that you were building all these years both EA and NFS TM. I've been playing NFS since i got borned...and seeing all this...it makes me really sad..i hope you could stay at the formula of NFSU2 and NFSMW where the graphics were as great as we wanted them and the mechanizations of the game were the best at it's time..I am really dissapointed too because first time in my life i kind of dislike a racing game...
    You are trying to make a game and you are keen on to copy paste the FORZA and the Turismo series by giving NFS "SIMULATOR" physics...WHAT THE ACTUALL **** is going on your head? NFS games weren't about that..You were famous for your physics and the car customisation and guess what..when you ruin one of your main cores you can't keep going..you have to found another formula for the next NFS game(s) and do not let a bunch of GREEDY EA guys tell you what to do..as you can see this is the worst game you release.No ones want to play something that when you brake you drift...when you brake it means you want to go slower...EVEN PRO STREET DIDN'T DO THAT!!!! This game said nope i am not going to drift when i brake..guess what you did after this game..you tryed to make the cars drift when we brake. I seriously want you to take into account that when players want to make a grip car they are going to make A GRIP CAR! when they want to make a drift car they have to change the settings of the engine, the angle of the turning ratio and etc to HAVE A PROPER DRIFT CAR!! fiz your games!! we don't want to pay 60$ to have a game that we can't even play properly! You used to have this awesome songs while you were in a race going with 240 in a town while the bar for the cops was going tut tut tut tut tut tut tutututututututut and then the fun was begining...WHERE IS ALL THIS IN THE PRESENT GAMES???? And let's not talk about multiplayer...because okay we live in 2018-2019 the lag that bothers us is few almost there isn't. So you don't have an excuss to say that the physics are going to change due to lag or ping...when you decide to make a game such as used to be NFS you must think that HEY I MUST FIX THE PREVIOUS **** THAT I MADE AND BUILD A NEW FORMULA! that's all. I really dunno what to say..i almost wrote an essay but i couldn't do something else..i would suggest to everyone to not to buy that game unless they won't to spend money on somehting that it doesn't worth them..if it was 12$ I would say yeah for the money it worths this$$ but now really you make a bad game we pay an above of the clouds price and yet we do get nothing. I am not alone saying that. You have to fix your games and find a furmula that used to be as NFSMW or NFSU1/2. We do prey to the NFS gods sometimes to get a remastered version or so for this games..and they just do not hear us.
  25. Oct 7, 2018
    I bought NFS Payback recently on a sale on the Playstation store. I have always been skeptical of EA for their shady practices and sub-par games and it turns out I was not quite wrong. Even at roughly US$ 15 for the Gold version, the game feels overpriced. I used to love NFS on the PS 2. But this was just ridiculous. I don't understand why they feel the need to force players to open an EAI bought NFS Payback recently on a sale on the Playstation store. I have always been skeptical of EA for their shady practices and sub-par games and it turns out I was not quite wrong. Even at roughly US$ 15 for the Gold version, the game feels overpriced. I used to love NFS on the PS 2. But this was just ridiculous. I don't understand why they feel the need to force players to open an EA account. Why? And then the stupid ass speed cards. It's evident that they wanted to go the loot box route. The storyline is weak while the characters are someone you cannot like. And finally, there is apparently an issue with saving the game. I sincerely hope EA goes the way of TellTale Games and we are rid of this cancer in the industry called EA. I remember playing Underground and Carbon and loved the games. This game was garbage. Do NOT pay more than $15 for it. Expand
  26. Sep 18, 2018
    I played forza right before and after this game and I question myself why did I even try and compare. Everything that was bad but removed out of the old forza games are in here for some reason. Like they did not even want to learn from others.

The controls are horrible and for a driving game that is a death sentence right then but combine it with intensional grinding and micro transactions you get a poor excuse for a driving game
  27. Sep 10, 2018
    This is a bad game.
    Why this is a bad game is even worse. The graphics are better, lots of beautiful scenery, a map better than NFS2015 but not as good as RIVALS (lack of the icy bits). Driving feels much better, checkpoints are an arc now (looks cool) and the cars are good looking. The free roam lacks the cops (it´s worst than it seems), and the mini games aren´t too bad.
    But as soon as
    This is a bad game.
    But as soon as you start racing, all **** get loose.
    First of, this is a game that adjust difficulty by making your driving worst, not the AI better. A drifty car will soon be a gripping paragon if its making a drift event. You´ll feel cheated everytime.
    AI cars going 350km/h after crashing? Check. Lighter cars kicking your Barracuda out to the curb just because you happen to be in the road? Check. AI cars that speed while you are boosting nitro? Check.
    The mechanic is simple. The "House" always wins. They´ll say it´s a feature, kinda of a easter egg since the game revolves around a fictional Las Vegas and the "House" crime syndicate. But the cold hard truth is: AI cheats a lot.
    If your car is under the specifications, Bu-bye. You need cards. I´m not giving attention to cards, because everyone else already told the truth about cards. It´s deez loot-boxes.
    Just bear in mind that to win cards you need to win races. But the races have a dynamic difficulty. That means that if you´re winning, it cheats more and more. And if you´re losing, it gives you a freebie. In reality grinding for cards is three times longer (two to lose, one to win).
    Unlike the previous installments, racing events are not difficulty based anymore. It means that everyroad after its completion becomes a hard "challenging" race where the other races are always one tier above you. TBH there is so much cheating that you´ll break your personal records while getting 3rds and 4ths places.
    The story is way worst than NFS2015. It´s Fast and Furious lazy cousin. The missions are kinda cringy (like racing a truck that is going almost 300km/h). The characters are just as sufferable (it haves mexican races in the barrio, empowered women mad-max in off-road races and cyber-neon-hacker drifters fighting the capitalism in brand new supercars).
    It just don´t have as many races as the previous NFS.
    The police is dumb as it can. Basically it spawns like rabid bees out of a smashed beehive, it´s useless trying to lose them, they´s just pop out to annoy you until you reach 200m of you objective. Than cops go home like the wolf and the dog in that old cartoon.
    After all this is a game that could be better. But all is rigged to make grinding more exaustive, and paid loot boxes more atractive.
    The game is really heavy scripted, almost to the point its a QTE. Because let´s face it: the game makes supercars speed like zephyrs just to look you´re always late. But if you don´t break your controller it will decrease its speed and let you pass in the last minute. EVERY. DAMN. RACE.
    If you got the best first lap of your life? DOESN´T MATTER.
    After all you have a major setback from the previous games. And you can see it is just to sell loot boxes. This is not a fun game at all.
  28. Sep 7, 2018
    This game is awful due to a variety of reasons such as horrible writing and delivery. The progression system is complete garbage and nothing but a grind. The off road races are complete dog **** and annoying to do. This game seemed clearly rushed and not polished enough to be released.
  29. Sep 1, 2018
    Not having a college or learning about this at school. Getting sleep or waking from it.
  30. Aug 28, 2018
    #Payback --- This game is Payback for people hating on Need for Speed 2015.
  31. Jul 20, 2018
    Another lootboxes title which gives you 2 choices: grind grind grind or pay for lootboxes with real money.
  32. Jun 26, 2018
    My main genre of games are racing. Nfs has been a franchise i loved since hot pursuit 3 on the ps1. Where should I start? Good things? They have the Foxbody. Now that we moved to the positives lets talk about everything wrong with the game. Car physics is easier to manuever and is no longer as realistic responsive as nfs 2015. Now anyone can drift without holding a drift by steering leftMy main genre of games are racing. Nfs has been a franchise i loved since hot pursuit 3 on the ps1. Where should I start? Good things? They have the Foxbody. Now that we moved to the positives lets talk about everything wrong with the game. Car physics is easier to manuever and is no longer as realistic responsive as nfs 2015. Now anyone can drift without holding a drift by steering left and right to hold and balance a drift. Payback went a step back by making the game use the same car physics as Rivals. Anyone can master drift in this game without learning making this game too easy to master. The story is awful. Racing games DO NOT need a story. The story to this is cheap and lazy. It has nothing to do with racing. The racing is just in the background and isnt even the main focus of the game. Nfs 2015 big focus was racing and racing only. Silly live action cut scenes but at least I felt like a street racer and drifting those hairpins is satisfying because you have to master drifting. The characters in the game are nobodys and uninteresting. The games plot and characters are boring making it useless to have a story. Most racing games have bad music (Ridge racer is beast for racing music). But at least I was able to use my flashdrive with my music playing. the game has a level card slot machine system. Uninspiring AND A SLAP ON THE FACE FOR PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS TO GIVE THIS GAME A HIGH SCORE. You can buy garages but i feel that pointless too since it doesnt matter how many you own. Map is big with mostly desert so the racing is pretty boring. This is what happens when EA listens to people who pretend to like racing games. This game feels like it was made for someone who claims they like racing but have never played a racing game. The game is a easy grind. You can make a million quick. Even before the story ends. That is how easy the game is. Online multiplayer, its a mess. We have posers using exotic cheating cars in races 98% of the time. The game online isnt balanced. Thats what EA gets for trying to have players race with a tuner and a exotic car that is OP. No one took this game serious at release. If anything this may be the worst nfs game to date. If you played need for speed the run then you played payback. Its essentially the same crap you get. There is no way Need for speed 2015 is worse than this. I still play it and the online community seemed to have moved back. Most people do not understand the concept of racing games. Grid had a good concept, Gran Turismo, Driveclub (the best ps4 racing game out there next to wipeout and burnout paradise remastered) i hope EA makes a new Shift game insted. That side of the franchise was amazing and everyone ignored it because it wasnt a underground street racing game. I called it quits with EA after this and ended up selling this game. Not worth to have as a collection neither. Expand
  33. Jun 12, 2018
    This game is so unfairly treated, critics don't show pros of the game focusing only on its cons. Yeah, the story is cringe, cutscenes try to be fast and furious like, microtransaction is a thing (that's EA, what could one expect) and to be honest it doesn't really affect the gameplay, and there are no free roam police chases. But come on handling has been much improved over 2015 NFS,This game is so unfairly treated, critics don't show pros of the game focusing only on its cons. Yeah, the story is cringe, cutscenes try to be fast and furious like, microtransaction is a thing (that's EA, what could one expect) and to be honest it doesn't really affect the gameplay, and there are no free roam police chases. But come on handling has been much improved over 2015 NFS, selection of cars, different activities like drift, offroad, drag, runner, race. The customisation is great. Great map with much awaited day and night cycle. The soundtrack is great, and police chase ost makes somewhat boring chases more interesting. It sure isn't the best, but it's the way to go. It is much better than all the other crap EA has been doing recently. If Ghost continues this way we might yet again see great NFS game. Expand
  34. May 1, 2018
    What lets it down is the lack of police chases while free-roaming, the handling of cars around corners is a little twitchy (it’s either perfect drift or doughnuts when you go off-road) and the pretty heavy storyline that cuts up your rhythm mid-game. Get past that though and you could beat the house.
  35. Apr 22, 2018
    Well, this game is pure garbage.
    driving is not fun at all
    physics are non existent
    upgrade cards are total rip off and excuse to grind or buy.
    I'm very disappointed in this installment of the game as long fan.
  36. Apr 6, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Been playing NFS since 2000 and i have never been more disappointed than before I played NFS Payback.

The mechanics (especially in offroad mode) were just terrible. The cop chases were just annoying as you raced around town going from checkpoint to checkpoint getting RAMMED by cop cars that seemingly had upwards of 3000 horsepower. And that's not even the worse part about the game. Because let's face it, the story and dialogue are.

This game has made me question what the people at EA games are doing. Like seriously, what are you guys doing? Do you guys even test the products you release? Are bad ideas just pooled together during board meetings?

Get your **** together, people.
  37. Mar 14, 2018
    Absolutely love it! Played almost all NFS games and this is one of the best.
  38. Mar 14, 2018
    The game is amazing I recommend it,its better spent 50 dolars then FH3.the game is great,just bring back the old tuning system. I love that they did the most requested feature,Online-Freeroam.The game is underrated by forza fanboys. Forza is a good game but its not THAT good as they say.
    Forza can release any game which can be good or terrible it will get better rewiews than NFS.
    They
    They say pay or grind,but they are talking nonsence.I finished this game without spending a dollar and I was better then the "pay to win squad". Its easy to be good at it and people talk like they need 100 hours to finish the story cuz they are used to playing Forza in which u get TOO much money for a race. I had a Regera in the 2 hours I played it and in Payback I needed 6 hours to get it. People also speak about the player needing to grind on old missions to get money so you don't need to pay,well mate its always been like that.The game is great just people underrate it. IGN and Metacritic don't even look at the customizatio.Did you know that you cant spell ignorants without IGN,well its true in every aspect. The loot boxes don't ruin the game,its the people that rewiew it.There are exactly 0 rewiewers that know their job! So conclusion

Forza Horizon 3 is great but it is overrated
    NFS Payback is massively Underrated

You want NFS back on its feet but you say Rivals Hot Pursuit and MW 2012 are great!?!

Like are you joking m8?

they ARE THE WORST!

So stop underrating Forza FANBOYS!

FM7 is OVERRATED as hell to be honest,It is glitch as hell and......there is 0 progression!

So rewiew honestly DO NOT rate it what you think is not that bad is anything OVERRATE it because if NFS goes down...Well the racing game history is DEAD.NFS is more important then Forza,NFS is History!

So this is for now and play the game properaly!
  39. Mar 14, 2018
    Graphics: 7.8 Sound: 7.2 Gameplay: 7 Fun/Story: 6.5

Another year, another NFS game. Despite some minor improvements there's nothing really new. Campaign is repetitive and a little boring.
  40. Mar 13, 2018
    Despite all the "grind" complaints about Payback, I actually breezed through it in only about 2 weeks of very casual play, never really having to worry about upgrades and such. The downfall of this game is that it's just not very engaging or entertaining most of the time. And the Speed Cards, even though I didn't grind to get them, really, are a TERRIBLE addition. Nothing more than aDespite all the "grind" complaints about Payback, I actually breezed through it in only about 2 weeks of very casual play, never really having to worry about upgrades and such. The downfall of this game is that it's just not very engaging or entertaining most of the time. And the Speed Cards, even though I didn't grind to get them, really, are a TERRIBLE addition. Nothing more than a lottery, and all the cards, no matter the designation, basically give you the same results. Picking one (like Turbo) thinking it'll have one effect (like actually making the car faster), can just as easily do NOTHING for speed, like you'd THINK, but just help your jumping and airtime capabilities, or even just upgrade breaking. Completely nonsensical. Basically, it's okay for a single play through, but there's no replay value here. I know I'll never go back to it. Expand
  41. Mar 12, 2018
    The unconscionable money-grabbing aspect has been addressed by several reviewers so I'll just mention a couple of other things that Ghost Games and other developers need to learn:

1. Don't try to appeal to the youth market by imitating their language and mannerisms – it just looks contrived. If you make a game like a teen-movie and players don't like your movie, they're not going to enjoy your game no matter how it plays. Make games for mature adults and you will capture the youth market.

2. Don't substitute unnecessary cut scenes for actions that players could perform themselves.

NFS Payback is a perfect example of how not to make a game – racing or otherwise. As far as racing goes, another flaw in this entry is the obtrusive arches and directional arrows which completely break the immersion in an otherwise beautifully rendered open world. You especially don't need directions in places where there is only one possible route. I give it 4 points for the graphics..
  42. Mar 11, 2018
    As all time NFS enthusiast 8/10 as a gamer enthusiast 0/10. And the thought that people actually pay for this sh*t absolutely sickening. Instead of buying this just stuff a finger down your throat, puke all over yourself and run, you will be better off.
  43. Feb 27, 2018
    I'm a fan of the Nfs series, but this part is terrible. Of the pluses I can mark the schedule and customization. The rest is just awful. The story is crumpled with The Run, Carbon and Undeground. No imagination. Do an arcade race with a non-linear storyline! I'm from Russia, I do not know how others, but we just have terrible subtitles that do not match the words that the characters say.I'm a fan of the Nfs series, but this part is terrible. Of the pluses I can mark the schedule and customization. The rest is just awful. The story is crumpled with The Run, Carbon and Undeground. No imagination. Do an arcade race with a non-linear storyline! I'm from Russia, I do not know how others, but we just have terrible subtitles that do not match the words that the characters say. By the way, they're too cliched. Crazy cops stop you from taking control points. Why create checkpoints at all? To get away from the cops, you will have to come to the point and you will be rescued by Leicester from GTA? This so stupid, what happend in real life? Cops are completely crazy, knock you down, and in order to destroy them you need at least crash 3 times. It's great to pull off Drag's race after Drag's clumsy car. Sometimes drifting offroad the machine behaves as if on ice. What's wrong with the radio? How to regulate it? Suppose I want to listen to LEAN BACK, I need to stand and look for it. Songs are repeated too often. Oh yes I wanted to add about the cops. How can Corvett knock down a 2-ton Dodge? Expand
  44. Feb 7, 2018
    This is a fantastic driving game. Unfortunately, I let the people that don't even play the game sway my initial thought on it. I didn't play the game for a while because of the unfavorable scores and when I finally picked it up I couldn't put it down. This game is great. The open world is gorgeous with a very eclectic and varied map with open highways and tight twisty mountain climbs. TheThis is a fantastic driving game. Unfortunately, I let the people that don't even play the game sway my initial thought on it. I didn't play the game for a while because of the unfavorable scores and when I finally picked it up I couldn't put it down. This game is great. The open world is gorgeous with a very eclectic and varied map with open highways and tight twisty mountain climbs. The cars feel and SOUND incredible to drive. I couldn't get my speakers loud enough to take in the amazing audio from this game. There is always something different to do. Whether it is different types of vehicle races or spending my time searching for derelict cars to build up.

I have spent over 10 hours playing and I have yet to spend any more money on the game. I am struggling to find the NEED for the micro transactions. Their existence has not affected my game at all and I have not felt any grinding feeling. So far, the progression has been perfect. I actually really like the card system. You buy cards to upgrade your car. I liked it because it simplified car customization and performance upgrading, which is what I want from an arcade racing game!

Speaking of customization, the visual customization is great. It is annoying at first that you cannot change all parts on your car without unlocking more but it ends up leading to unlocks later in the game which feel great to get.

The story is as you would expect from a Need for Speed game or Fast and Furious style movie....and I like it. It is SO much fun just driving around the world so it feels great that they mostly tell the story through conversations as you are driving from spot to spot.

There are some minor bugs that were annoying, but passable. Mostly, when your wheels go slightly off a cliff or when you run right into a pole it respawns your car a few seconds back which basically means you need to restart your race. There are also some minor texture popping.

I like how the game doesn't focus on the characters but always focuses on making the cars the stars of the game, and they are great.

One other thing, there is a social aspect to Payback. Every once and a while a new car will appear in the world and the only way to find it is to scour social media. Once you find the car, you have to drive it back to the garage at the airfield with the cops on your tail. Again, it is another little fun reason to drive around the awesome world.

I hope people play this game with an open mind. If you are into loud noises, cars and fast driving then I highly suggest this game.
  45. Jan 23, 2018
    It does have some flaws but for the most part it is a very good racing game. Gritty, rough, and challenging. I don't know what the fuss about the "loot" or bait crates is. I have gotten them and haven't spent any money, though I did get the "deluxe" edition. I am over halfway through the main game have 13 cars ( all derelicts and abandoned so far released) 5 of which have maxed outIt does have some flaws but for the most part it is a very good racing game. Gritty, rough, and challenging. I don't know what the fuss about the "loot" or bait crates is. I have gotten them and haven't spent any money, though I did get the "deluxe" edition. I am over halfway through the main game have 13 cars ( all derelicts and abandoned so far released) 5 of which have maxed out upgrades. Story/mini movies are pointless and boring but game play is amazing once you get the hang of it. Expand
  46. Jan 10, 2018
    Honestly, there is a Witch Hunt going on for all EA Games due to the lootbox system. If you are a fan of the NFS series or just like racing games then your should play NFS Payback. I have 100% completed the story, played online and not once did i need to buy any lootboxes or feel pressured too. I got my neon lights, smoke, horns and all the other goodies just by playing the game. If youHonestly, there is a Witch Hunt going on for all EA Games due to the lootbox system. If you are a fan of the NFS series or just like racing games then your should play NFS Payback. I have 100% completed the story, played online and not once did i need to buy any lootboxes or feel pressured too. I got my neon lights, smoke, horns and all the other goodies just by playing the game. If you enjoyed NFS 2015 then you will enjoy this one just the same or more. i was hesitant to buy this game due to all the negative reviews but i had a blast playing the game and kept wanting more. As for the free roam cops, it did not even come across my mind while playing. There are enough cops in the story missions to make you happy that they are not in the free roam. The game is not perfect and it has it flaws but if you enjoy the series then you will enjoy this one as well. Don't let all the Negative Nancies keep you away from all the fun to be had. Expand
  47. Jan 2, 2018
    My initial review of this game was that it was pretty bad, sorry as I was a bit harsh..

I gave this game a chance and it is actually pretty fun. For the most part I like what's been done so far but I feel like it could have been polished a bit more. Hopefully in one of the future updates? Cons: *In game purchases..doesn't ruin the game but knock this **** off already...Everyone

Cons:
    *In game purchases..doesn't ruin the game but knock this **** off already...Everyone hates it and you're losing players..

*New car tuning system..terrible. Who thought of these tuning cards? What happened to intake..exhaust..engine..turbo...etc. They dumbed it down and it's just not as fun as adding actual tuner parts to your car. Now it's like a roll of the dice as to what type of performance increase you receive.

*Graphics.. Playing on PS4 pro on a Samsung 4K UHD TV. They are not terrible, but they feel a bit cheap compared to other games that came out in 2017. At times certain images appear a bit distorted and it makes everything look like crap (ex. driving through the city with all the (what should be pretty) lights, etc..NFS 2015 looks much better than this game.

*Police chases.. Something about the cops doesn't feel right. They are a bit predictable and just kind of get in the way. The takedowns in hot pursuit were much more satisfying and fun to pull off, these just feel cheap and random.

Pros:
    *Gameplay.. A lot of fun, I like the grindy traditional NFS underground type of gameplay, Earning money to tune up your cars. I like the different classes of cars (drift, race, runner, drag, offroad). The characters are a bit..meh, but it's about what I would expect for this type of game. I'm glad they kept the random race encounters where you can challenge other racers for a short sprint race when you're just messing around exploring the map.

*Handling.. I love the drifty feel to all of the cars where it feels like you can just slide for a mile. Wouldn't change a thing about it.
  48. Dec 31, 2017
    Payback pays homage to the fast-paced and ridiculous racing action present in the Fast and the Furious films, and pulls off most of its ideas very well. Graphics wise, it looks amazing, although I did encounter some pop-in while playing on my PS4 Pro. The sound is really well done, as most of the cars sound like their real-life counterparts. The gameplay consists of drag racing, circuitPayback pays homage to the fast-paced and ridiculous racing action present in the Fast and the Furious films, and pulls off most of its ideas very well. Graphics wise, it looks amazing, although I did encounter some pop-in while playing on my PS4 Pro. The sound is really well done, as most of the cars sound like their real-life counterparts. The gameplay consists of drag racing, circuit races and off-road races, mixed with various story missions spanning across the open world of Fortune Valley. The open world is empty, although it is huge. There is not much detail put into it, which makes it feel lifeless and boring to drive in. The variety of environments is interesting though. People are hating on this game because of the loot box system, but after 50+ hours playing this game, I can safely say that cars and parts can be earned by simply playing. I didn’t spend a dime on the shipments as I kept unlocking cars and parts as I progressed. The progression system will intimidate players at first, but as you play, you will find that you progress at a generous rate, compared to EA’s other outing, Battlefront 2. Story is nonsensical, cheesy stuff. The characters are shallow, and boring. The payoff is unsatisfying, but the missions are varied and provide for some great movie style moments that frankly no other racing game this year has provided. Payback is a great entry to the series, but does have its missteps. Calling it awful, or most shockingly “the next Battlefront 2” is just absurd. You knew what you were getting into, an arcade style racer which doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s tons of fun with friends too. Expand
  49. Dec 31, 2017
    I just wanted to preface this review with a few things. 1) I've been a big fan of the Need For Speed franchise since I was about 5. Most Wanted is possibly my favourite game of all time. 2) I'm absolutely aware that the EA management is scum, but I want to focus on the merits of each game separately rather than tarring everything with the same brush- and I think the widespread anger andI just wanted to preface this review with a few things. 1) I've been a big fan of the Need For Speed franchise since I was about 5. Most Wanted is possibly my favourite game of all time. 2) I'm absolutely aware that the EA management is scum, but I want to focus on the merits of each game separately rather than tarring everything with the same brush- and I think the widespread anger and scorn against Payback is more than a little unfair.

Pros:
    - The driving experience.
    You get an exhilarating feeling of speed that no other major racing game releasing in the last few years really fulfils. As you progress through the story and the cars get faster and faster, the feeling only grows.
    - The art and sound design is sensational.
    The world isn't huge, but it's varied and beautiful. From hilly, swirling offroad mountain tracks to stretching desert roads to the bright night lights of the city, it's a joy to drive through. It reminds me of The Witcher 3 in how the game is a joy to traverse, taking in the sights, not just to sprint through until the credits roll.
    - Brilliant sound design.
    The roar of the engines, the stretched 'slurp' of the nitrous and the squeal of the drift sound excellent, no more so than when they reaches a cacophony combined with police sirens chasing you at 190 mph through oncoming traffic. The soundtrack doesn't mean much for a racing game, but it's got something for everyone- a healthy smattering of grime, rap and rock, featuring Queens of the Stone Age, Vince Staples and Skepta. There are a few stinkers, but the good outweighs the bad.
    - The driving experience feels genuinely fresh.
    It's a refreshing break from the racing sims that the market is moving closer towards. Sims are great in their own regard, but often fail to capture the joy of speed, destruction and carelessness a good arcade racer revels in.
    - It copies the successes of its predecessors:
    - Cops are a challenge and fun to battle and escape for the first time in years thanks to smart
    teamwork (due to well-made AI).
    - The customisation (the only real pro in NFS 2015) is taken in Payback with bodykits galore
    (especially on the derelicts you can restore) and a wide set of decals, along with a good
    community tab where you can download popular 'wraps'.
    - A full day and night cycle lets you have both the night gameplay people liked in Underground 1, 2
    and NFS 2015, as well as the sun-baked desert and sunset.
    - This is a controversial opinion, but the story mode is actually alright
    There are issues, but the story is, in parts, wonderfully camp, daft and fun once you get over the hurdle of its exasperating stupidity. It's quite hefty and long too, keeping me busy for at least a good 20+ hours. David Ajala does a brilliant job as Mac, the drifter and offroader of your 'crew', with a carefree joy and lovely British accent and so does Jessica Madsen as Jess- for a few lines, at least.

Cons:
    - No cops in freeroam.
    Why design them so well and criminally underuse them?
    - Camera issues.
    No cockpit camera. Particularly in Drag-type cars, the camera under nitrous boost zooms back to emphasise the speed, which is a nice effect until you notice it's difficult to see over your car at the oncoming traffic.
    - Cars can only be used in the racing discipline for which you buy them (Drift cars are only usable in Drift events, for example.)
    I could want to use by Race-type NSX for a drag race, but I'd have to spit out the 100,000 credits to buy a Drag-type one then spend around 20 minutes of farming to get it to the right level. Surely there should be a 'remodding' or transformation mechanic to switch the type of previously bought vehicles in the garage?
    - Minor issues with the driving experience.
    Cars drive almost comically different depending on their role. Race-types have steering tuned too 'tight', and this is taken further with Drag-types. In races, the reset after crash mechanic is inconsistent and buggy, once resetting me facing a wall.
    - When the writing fails, it fails hard
    The acting is generally weak. Tyler, Lina, the racing league bosses, and, often, Jess are acted horribly, though it might be more accurate to blame the script. In particularly, the sketch to introduce Mac in the prologue criticises a 'cringy' drifting streamer called "HashTiger" physically hurt to play.
    - Farming
    Upgrading under-levelled vehicles is a chore, waiting for upgrade shops to restock and farming old events for 'Speed Cards', but the game is very liberal with resources, never pushing you to pay a penny for a microtransaction (considering they only buy you boxes containing money, vanity items and cards to 'roll' for more Speed Cards). I'll be the first person to crusade against microtransactions but this is light years away from how egregious Battlefront II or Shadow of War are.

I'm just so thankful EA have, after all this time, released a game that genuinely lives up to the Need for Speed name, even if it's not a masterpiece.
  50. Dec 28, 2017
    So many things wrong with this game.

So many things wrong with this game.

The story is trash and littered with ridiculous over the top Fast and Furious style dialogue. The progression system means nothing as the rubber-banding makes for overly aggressive and almost unbeatable AI. EA was nice enough to incorporate another pay to play loot system for those who feel spending $60 on a sub par game isn't enough. It was a struggle to stay interested for more than a few hours. This is not a good game!
  51. Dec 27, 2017
    Loot boxes. Do I need to say more as to why it gets a 0 from me.
    Every game with loot boxes is in my "do not buy" list and this is one of them.
  52. Dec 27, 2017
    Seriously, don't waste your money on this, the singleplayer is okay (very short) and the multiplayer, oh boy, might actually be the worst game I've ever played, the online playlists require NO skill at all, it's basically who ever gets f*cked with the least.
  53. Dec 25, 2017
    I am just over halfway through this game, and as someone who was a big fan of Midnight Club: LA purely for its freedom in customisation, this is the closest customisation I have had to that since then and it is phenomenal. Other reviewers have mentioned that Payback is 'pay to win' but I cannot agree with that. If you spend your time playing the game, handling your speed cards well andI am just over halfway through this game, and as someone who was a big fan of Midnight Club: LA purely for its freedom in customisation, this is the closest customisation I have had to that since then and it is phenomenal. Other reviewers have mentioned that Payback is 'pay to win' but I cannot agree with that. If you spend your time playing the game, handling your speed cards well and preserving your in-game money for when you actually need it then you won't have to pay a cent.

This is my first time playing an NFS title since Hot Pursuit and I have to say that I haven't played a free roam car game as good as this one before, bar Midnight Club: LA.

The derelict vehicles are an awesome concept to be edited cosmetically but you're better off spending your upgrades elsewhere.

the abandoned vehicle system that was added in the most recent update also works really well.
  54. Dec 23, 2017
    I have been a fan of the NFS series since Hot pursuit 2 but recently, when i bought and played NFS payback, i am fairly disappointed with this game because it did not meet up to my standards. I have noticed that some of the events are not as fun as it used to be such as the pursuits. The pursuits are more difficult to end because there are no pursuit breakers which could have made theI have been a fan of the NFS series since Hot pursuit 2 but recently, when i bought and played NFS payback, i am fairly disappointed with this game because it did not meet up to my standards. I have noticed that some of the events are not as fun as it used to be such as the pursuits. The pursuits are more difficult to end because there are no pursuit breakers which could have made the player's job easier since he or she has to get to the appointed destination on time. More over, there are"kill switchers" who stop you completely after you get close to them. Another thing i didn't like about the gamer is the way the black guy (Mac) was portrayed. Mac was portrayed as someone who is a "specimen" for everybody to exploit and ridicule. EA needs to do a better job in making their games better. Expand
  55. Dec 22, 2017
    Need for Speed: Payback
    Feels more like running errands than racing
    Need for Speed is an 18 hour long Arcade Racer where you play as 3 different characters in a story where theyre betrayed during a heist and youll never guess what these characters want… Did you guess yet? You were wrong.. they want payback Need for Speed Payback is probably the weakest need for speed game ive ever
    Need for Speed: Payback
    Feels more like running errands than racing
    Did you guess yet? You were wrong.. they want payback
    Need for Speed Payback is probably the weakest need for speed game ive ever played
    This game follows the formula of 2015s need for speed that tried to capture the magic of underground 2… which isn’t a bad thing…
    They actually listened to feedback from that game and improved its offerings by adding drag races and cars feel much more customizable…
    However this game is lesser in every other aspect
    The story mode here is completely throwaway, it tries desperately to go the fast and the furious route, but the characters and missions just aren’t interesting enough… besides one really cool heist mission…
    But that one mission is the only fun this 18hrs offers…
    This open world which ads off roading.. another improvement.. just isn’t fun to drive through… its bland and because of that every race is bland…
    Again there are 3 different characters but there are 5 different race modes
    Theres circuit racing and drag racing which is handled by tyler
    Drifting and offroad which is handled by mac
    and finally there are run missions handled by jess
    And you need 1 car for each mission type and as you clear missions new cars will unlock for later chapters
    I didn’t mind most of these missions.. they just feel like busy work.. you never feel like youre some awesome crew taking over the area.. you just feel like youre doing a job the whole time… and this feeling smacks you the hardest when you play as jess…
    The run missions are just awful..
    Youre either running to different spots on the map before a timer runs out or youre running from annoying cops trying to make it from checkpoint to checkpoint…
    racing itself though feels just okay…
    The soundtrack here is probably one of the worst licensed soundtracks to ever exist in a game…
    And this isn’t a genre problem, I love all genres of music, and there wasn’t one song here that was fun to listen or race to,
    But the games biggest flaw is that to me literally every single car in this game feels identical
    I understand this is arcade and not a simulation racer… but I should still be able to feel the difference between lambo and Camaro, but i couldn’t
    I drive bumper cam and a lot of the time I don’t even remember what im driving…
    you only get a sense of your car being underpowered when you try to do a race that’s too high of a level…
    That’s right theres a leveling system for both you and your car… and the leveling system for your car is tied to speed cards…
    My feeling on this is up and down.. on the positive.. youre rewarded a speed card at the end of every race… this is basically a random part to upgrade your car with which then upgrades its level.. you can also just flat out buy cards at shops that refresh every 10 minutes..
    And if you get a card you don’t like you can sell it or trade it in for a part token and then trade 3 part tokens for a spin at a new random card but you get to pick the part…
    There is also a loot box system with cash, part tokens and cosmetics…
    On the negative.. .everything is random.. you don’t get to choose what improves and what doesn’t.. you don’t have a true feel of your current cars potential..
    You don’t know if you have to buy a new car every chapter which is what I did.. or if you can go out into the world and grind to bring your starter car up to the level of a super car…
    And I feel this system is exactly why every car feels exactly the same…
    even when youre upgraded you don’t feel more powerful… your opponents just aren’t pulling ahead of you as much..
    and because of this the racing just feels empty and again like busy work..
    There are plenty of challenges like speed traps and drifting around this boring world and collectables, but This is just a very forgettable racing experience…
    Its not bad but its not good either.. its very much just okay
    I give Need for Speed Payback
    a 6/10
  56. Dec 21, 2017
    Disgusting, try to put mobile f2p mechanics into this time need for speed regular title. Racing turned into slow grind until you buy loot boxes which this time are named as speed cards. Dont you dare to buy that crap. It's awful, soulless and lazy cash grab which tries to milk money from known brand.
  57. Dec 20, 2017
    Well, its EA... they f***ed up Battlefront 2 and they sure did f***ed up NFS aswell. Lootboxes, u get a Lootbox system, u get a lootboxes System EVERYONE gets a Lootbox system.... F**K u EA

Card... CARD for upgrading/tuning your Car... what a joke and even the most lazy way i could think of... pathatic... the "Story" is cheesy I Hope someday EA will get bankrupt for the stupid s**t
  58. Dec 18, 2017
    Disappointing on so many levels. I have been a NFS fan since Underground (which was mind blowing for its time), I even loved the last game, however this has left me deserting the game after 5 hours, swearing I'd never return. The play is boring, the loot box advancement is draining, EA, I don't know what you are doing however your games are falling into the "Do Not Consider' box with eachDisappointing on so many levels. I have been a NFS fan since Underground (which was mind blowing for its time), I even loved the last game, however this has left me deserting the game after 5 hours, swearing I'd never return. The play is boring, the loot box advancement is draining, EA, I don't know what you are doing however your games are falling into the "Do Not Consider' box with each release. I was a lifetime NFS fan, I have purchased every game since underground, this will be my last, learn from Bethesda, they are not perfect, however they are a hell of a lot better than what EA are bringing out Expand
  59. Dec 12, 2017
    EA the most **** company ever existed . Seriously f*ck those c*nt stop buying game with EA name on it let those a**hole wide out from gaming industry map
  60. Dec 10, 2017
    game is great , stop wirh this hating about lootboxes because isn't like in battlefront 2 !!! i can play without any problem ,because the progressions isn't blocked by microtranzactions. I love the graphics , the frostbite 3 engine is gorgeous , physics aren't perfect ,but not trash like NFS Rivals, i love the off-road races and i love the handling of the cars. What i hate ,and don'tgame is great , stop wirh this hating about lootboxes because isn't like in battlefront 2 !!! i can play without any problem ,because the progressions isn't blocked by microtranzactions. I love the graphics , the frostbite 3 engine is gorgeous , physics aren't perfect ,but not trash like NFS Rivals, i love the off-road races and i love the handling of the cars. What i hate ,and don't want derstand way is removed ,arethe freeroom cops. ther are cops but onli in chase race, this is retarded and stupid. overall i give an 8 ,is a fun game that deserves more attention and respect . Expand
  61. Dec 10, 2017
    Microstransactions. I don't want common and rare turbo and transmission cards! I mean WTF? Graphics are absolutely laughable. When the game starts the models look N64 era. For real. Then after about 1 min the they start to improve. Barely. So sick of unfinished games created around microstransactions.
  62. Dec 1, 2017
    More pay to win BS from EA. Don't buy this game. Upgrade your car with exciting loot box cards... They've just put their casino gambling into Need for Speed now.
  63. Nov 29, 2017
    Good game not enough of some cars cush as: toyota marck 2, toyota altezza, bmw M5 E60, subaru impreza wrx, toyota suprait would be interesting to look at these cars in the game
  64. Nov 29, 2017
    I picked this up during the Black Friday PSN Store sale for PS4 Pro. I read the reviews but gave it a go anyway because I had an itch for some racing. Speaking only of the game's current build, I can say that it is a fun game. The voice acting is terrible and the whole plot is dumb however, there is a lot of fun to be had with this game. I haven't felt the need to spend a penny onI picked this up during the Black Friday PSN Store sale for PS4 Pro. I read the reviews but gave it a go anyway because I had an itch for some racing. Speaking only of the game's current build, I can say that it is a fun game. The voice acting is terrible and the whole plot is dumb however, there is a lot of fun to be had with this game. I haven't felt the need to spend a penny on anything - you can earn speed cards and in game currency fairly easily. I just re-raced one of the first drift circuits about 10 times and socked up enough cash to carry me to the next circuit race that I enjoyed to play it about 8 times. I am now near the end having only replayed those two races multiple times. The circuit races are great for replay because you don't have to fast travel or anything after winning, simply start the race over. The graphics are good but there is some texture pop after loading, give it a few seconds and then everything is silky. I haven't completed the game 100% yet but I am well into the late stages and I would say it's definitely worth $30 and your time. 8/10

I hate EA as much as the next guy but this game isn't total trash, far from it.
  65. Nov 28, 2017
    EA volvió a hacer de las suyas con este videojuego, parece un Pay to Win!!!
    EA volvió a hacer de las suyas con este videojuego, parece un Pay to Win!!! EA volvió a hacer de las suyas con este videojuego, parece un Pay to Win!!! EA volvió a hacer de las suyas con este videojuego, parece un Pay to Win!!! EA
  66. Nov 27, 2017
    At this point any EA game is going to be shady with MT and lootboxes and broken progression in order to get you to spend more money.. EA is a cancer that really needs excising from the gaming industry asap. ALSO WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE EA SHILLS UP IN HERE??? DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE PAID TO LIE??
  67. Nov 26, 2017
    Cool you have to pay to play...... pretty annoying ..... im pretty mad that they are willing to ruin this im never gonna have to play another EA game lol
  68. Nov 25, 2017
    This game is ruined by loot boxes gambling, which is kind of ironical since it is set up in Las Vegas.
    It's set up so you have to pay at some point as the grinding to get cars and part is intentionally way too long.
  69. Nov 24, 2017
    Playing this after the first big patch so I'm guessing things have been plenty tweaked up since release cause I can't see what the bad buzz is about. I mean, I could understand it if it was for the cards but since you get them so often, I haven't really had any problems with it. Sure, I'd give this game a higher score without the lootboxy mechanic, or if they'd stuck to visual upgradesPlaying this after the first big patch so I'm guessing things have been plenty tweaked up since release cause I can't see what the bad buzz is about. I mean, I could understand it if it was for the cards but since you get them so often, I haven't really had any problems with it. Sure, I'd give this game a higher score without the lootboxy mechanic, or if they'd stuck to visual upgrades only in that format, but aside from that the game is top-notch.

Absolutely beautiful environments and cars, nice handling and tracks, Fast & Furious-style writing and nice progression. I'm really digging it.
  70. Nov 24, 2017
    EA and those who are giving this game a good score got some IRON BALLZ to say that this is a good game i have been a fan of Need or speed since Hot Pursuit 2 and sure it did got disappointing after Carbon but at least i still had fun and after rivals i lost interest in NFS after the 2015 one requires you to be online at all times and had a cheesy story. This one is almost as bad in factEA and those who are giving this game a good score got some IRON BALLZ to say that this is a good game i have been a fan of Need or speed since Hot Pursuit 2 and sure it did got disappointing after Carbon but at least i still had fun and after rivals i lost interest in NFS after the 2015 one requires you to be online at all times and had a cheesy story. This one is almost as bad in fact WORSE because NO ROAMING FREE COPS WUT?!?!?!!?!!?!?!? That was the biggest fun in NFS even in events it restricted to how you escape cops than freely compared to Most Wanted(2005) the physics on the cars worst I've seen you can't hit a traffic light pole. There are numerous glitches online and chaotic crashes the story tries to be Fast and Furious but in a chessy bad dailouge way.Hmm what made this game worse...OH yeah LOOTBOXES and Bad textures and pop-ins because hey we need money. Customization is fine but Upgrading feels Lazy no longer can you go to your garage and tune your vehicle and test to see how well it runs (something we haven't seen since Underground 2) they pull the worst version of Most Wanted (2012) by random cards that you have to pick one after finishing an event that makes progression fustrating at least Most Wanted (2012) you can get an upgrade by doing a certain event for the car so you can choose what to race for your upgrade here its random and lazy oh you want to get it faster pay us $50.00 mulas. Anybody defnding this saying is good must have brain damage or is rich because scams like this is a way for EA to put cash in their pockets. Expand
  71. Nov 24, 2017
    Stop supporting this horrible company. They keep making bad games until you stop buying them. EA symbolizes everything that is wrong with the video game industry.
  72. Nov 23, 2017
    As many gamers all over the world, I was waiting this game. But guys. . . Are you serious? I pay for game n I have to buy lootboxes? Seriously? Ok. You can say: you don't have to donate. But ... YOU MAKE GAMES BORING! YOU TRY MAKE US DONATE! YOU KILL GAMING!

You'd better produce a remakes of nfs undergroun, u2 n most wanted. Millions of people ask you about it every year after you make the next part of nfs... this is not nfs anymore... especially this year. It's justa moneymaking((((
    P.S. I bought the game for ps4. I change my score from 0 to 7. As a whole it's a good game. But... theres a problem with graphics. Texrures load too slow))) I hope u will fix it soon. If so, I'll change score to higher point. And... it will be 10/10 if you'll throw off the cards from game. Get back tuning/styling system from nfs 2015. It was ok.

P.P.S. Thank you for patch 1.04! The game became almost ideal. My score now 9.0. I cant give 10/10 because of speed cards. But now... after two days of playing i want to give it. Thanks for such a cool game!
  73. Nov 23, 2017
    Зачем покупать игру, что бы потом еще раз ее купить? Делайте её free to play. Многократные покупки оставьте себе. Разочарование года это - ЕА.
  74. Nov 23, 2017
    DO NOT BUY THIS, apart from being released by EA (#FukEA), field of view, as well as sound, is broken in this game. I've just finished the tutorial and me experience is already at lowest level level. I liked the first NFS from Ghost. This one feels like unfinished product with transactions on topof that. Truth be told I've never posted any review in my life, but now I felt obligated to doDO NOT BUY THIS, apart from being released by EA (#FukEA), field of view, as well as sound, is broken in this game. I've just finished the tutorial and me experience is already at lowest level level. I liked the first NFS from Ghost. This one feels like unfinished product with transactions on topof that. Truth be told I've never posted any review in my life, but now I felt obligated to do so. DO NOT BUY THIS - EVER Expand
  75. Nov 22, 2017
    I am fan of racing arcade games. I have very high nostalgia for NFS games, Split Second etc.
    I was mildly excited for a new NFS game. I would be highly excited but knowing modern EA, I had my concerns.
    And yes, this game is a failure. Here is why... Mix of ideas from previous NFS games like The Run and Unrcover sounded nice to me. But unfortunately everything in this game feels like
    And yes, this game is a failure. Here is why...

Mix of ideas from previous NFS games like The Run and Unrcover sounded nice to me. But unfortunately everything in this game feels like parody made by amatures. Car feels like piece of garbafe and you do not feel sense of speed in NEED FOR SPEED GAME. I do not even care about cringy AF story, I do not really care. Previous parts had similiar stories. But problem is that this part is not feeling like some energetic fun racing game. It feels kinda lame. Soundtrack is lame.
    Only good parts are customization. But you can not really enjoy it because.... and here we go, main problem of this is EA.
    Lootboxes are deeply integrated into mechanics. At some point you start to feel like you need better upgrade to finish this race but you can not just buy a new upgrade, you need to play lootcrates gambiling to hope that you will get needed gear. And it feels like free to play mobile game. This is by far the biggest rip off that I had with games.

Unfortunately for me, I did not listen other reviews and bought this game. And now I feel like EA stole my money.
    Unacceptable.
  76. Nov 22, 2017
    I always loved the Need for Speed franchise and played almost all of the then, except for Shift and the NFS 2015 that I didn't like a lot, but this one was one of the best in my opinion. The game is not perfect, it has a lot of problems and a lot of bugs, but brings back the old essence of Underground's Age, that is my favorite NFS game of all time. Although the good things of it, it"sI always loved the Need for Speed franchise and played almost all of the then, except for Shift and the NFS 2015 that I didn't like a lot, but this one was one of the best in my opinion. The game is not perfect, it has a lot of problems and a lot of bugs, but brings back the old essence of Underground's Age, that is my favorite NFS game of all time. Although the good things of it, it"s necessary a lot of patches to fix the problems. Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2017
    This game is brilliant. As a racing game it has all the bells and whistles and it excels as a need for speed as the story complements the gameplay, not the other way round. It adds dirt, drag, runner and drift specific cars alongside suvs and pickups. The map would replace Las Vegas on a map of America. There are some graphical errors in cutscenes and the likes, but it has just beenThis game is brilliant. As a racing game it has all the bells and whistles and it excels as a need for speed as the story complements the gameplay, not the other way round. It adds dirt, drag, runner and drift specific cars alongside suvs and pickups. The map would replace Las Vegas on a map of America. There are some graphical errors in cutscenes and the likes, but it has just been released so that is to be expected. It has a blockbuster plot in a regular story. It has derelicts which work like forza's barn finds or the crew's hidden cars and are early throughout the story progression. It has a wild variety of cars, from muscle cars to suvs. Overall a great purchase. The only thing I find wrong with the game is the multiplayer, which lacks online free roam with pals (temporary system in place) and the lack of drift drag and runner events, it also has a level restriction of 275. By the time most players have completed the story the problems will probably been amended. Completion of the story requires a level 350 car in off-road and race anyway, so the level restriction doesn't affect you if you play the story first. The part 'roulette' system allows players to upgrade the car with specific bonuses or attributes to each part without spending standard currency. The shipments are in the game for the sole purpose of spin tokens and vanity items (tire smoke, horns, underglow, nos colour, air suspension) but also give some money to sweeten the deal. The reason the money in shipments feels like a lot is because they are usually opened in bulk. 10/10 Expand
  78. Nov 22, 2017
    I don't even mind the stupid lootboxes and slot machine stuff that much, but honestly.. this whole game is just a poorly made hybrid of the worst parts of The Fast and the Furious mixed with Forza Horizon with a dash of that feeling you get when you buy a dollar store rip off of something. The story in this game is goofy as **** I literally could not stop cringing as I played it. I knowI don't even mind the stupid lootboxes and slot machine stuff that much, but honestly.. this whole game is just a poorly made hybrid of the worst parts of The Fast and the Furious mixed with Forza Horizon with a dash of that feeling you get when you buy a dollar store rip off of something. The story in this game is goofy as **** I literally could not stop cringing as I played it. I know that it's not supposed to be over the top vulgar so that they can keep that T rating, a lot of kids play Need For Speed (I know I did when I was younger), but oh my God who wrote this dialogue? I feel like they hired some 8 to 10 year olds and said "do your best! As long as you try REAL hard that'll be good enough!" It is the most painful, unrealistic, **** I've ever seen in a game. That's not even my main problem though, I'm playing mine on a regular Xbox One and it looks and runs awful. I don't know if it's just my copy of the game, or my console, or what. But there are major issues with it. The load times are insanely long, AI civilian drivers just sit there and are stuck to the road (and you can drive through them?) about 50% of the time, the textures don't load for a good minute and a half if not more, leaving everything looking just awful. There are times where checkpoints don't load properly as well and I've had to completely exit the game and restart it to fix it. I liked the fact that you can customize more on your cars like you used to be able to, but that for me was the ONLY redeeming quality. I can barely give it that because of how much of a pain it is to unlock any customization. Need For Speed 2015 was absolute garbage, and this game is no better. It's safe to say that I will never buy another Need For Speed game. I loved them when I was a kid. Most Wanted and Underground 1 and 2 were amazing. It's sad that developers have no ****ing idea what they're doing anymore.. Games this bad make me want to stop playing video games entirely. In no way, shape, or form could I ever recommend this to anyone. Expand
  79. Nov 22, 2017

the "Story" is cheesy

I Hope someday EA will get bankrupt for the stupid s**t they do. We had in the 70's a time where the Gameing Industry carshed bc of to much trash on the market... When they dont overthink this lootbox, Card or whatever ingame pay4win/pay4progress System in full price games...
  80. Nov 21, 2017
    The customization is....okay. The gameplay is....okay. The game story is....okay. But the loot boxes and the whole concept behind player progression is extremely strange and most of the time frustrating - there is no way you can bring a car you started with (or if you like an entry level car) because there are restrictions that prevent you from upgrading past a certain point. PoliceThe customization is....okay. The gameplay is....okay. The game story is....okay. But the loot boxes and the whole concept behind player progression is extremely strange and most of the time frustrating - there is no way you can bring a car you started with (or if you like an entry level car) because there are restrictions that prevent you from upgrading past a certain point. Police chases are completely non-existent, except is developed "missions" which are corny and force the player to follow a strict route with no creative freedom to "escape". I had so much anticipation that they would remake underground or most wanted style game....this is certainly not that. They should just remake one of those games for next gen systems.... Expand
  81. Nov 21, 2017
    This game should win an award for best looking driving game with worst driving game mechanics. My car in real life passed it's MOT a few weeks ago at the local garage and had a few things in it that needed repairing and changing, all good to go. As you imagine, the mechanic did not upgrade it using cards aquired from legalised gambling. Oh EA... how many more awards do you want afterThis game should win an award for best looking driving game with worst driving game mechanics. My car in real life passed it's MOT a few weeks ago at the local garage and had a few things in it that needed repairing and changing, all good to go. As you imagine, the mechanic did not upgrade it using cards aquired from legalised gambling. Oh EA... how many more awards do you want after already earning the one for "Worst company In America". I used to love playing Road Rash and Skitchin, where has that version of EA gone? I'm glad I got a refund on this, so many other better games on the PS4. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2017
    I got the Deluxe Edition of this game for $47 dollars on the PSN store. So that's when I decided to buy it. I really like this game. The story if story is in a Fast and Furious style which I like. The characters are unique and have their quirks. The dialogue can be really cringy at times but I can get around that. The main gripe I have is with the loot box system. Some races I really hateI got the Deluxe Edition of this game for $47 dollars on the PSN store. So that's when I decided to buy it. I really like this game. The story if story is in a Fast and Furious style which I like. The characters are unique and have their quirks. The dialogue can be really cringy at times but I can get around that. The main gripe I have is with the loot box system. Some races I really hate to play over and over again to get the upgrades I need to make my car better. But I can finish races well below the recommend level. I also hate that you have to complete challenges to unlock certain customization parts, which really bothers me. But overall, I think this game is great! The car list is way better than the last Need for Speed game. The customization adds tire smoke, under glow, and nitrous color which is a warm welcome considering we haven't had customization as close to Underground 2 in quite some time. Money is easy to get with the new addition to side bets. And the cars are easy to control. I recommend getting this game to anybody looking for a new racing game. However, I cannot recommend at buying this at a full price due to a look box system and the card upgrade system. Get this when it comes on sale. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2017
    I was looking forward to this game for a while, but then severely disappointed in the reviews and commentary I saw about the game, including how dull it looked and terrible the voice acting and story seemed while watching videos of it.

That said, this weekend I got bored and decided to buy it anyway, and I'm happy I did. I've played 22 hours this weekend (a testament to how fun I find the game) and while I have had some performance hitches here and there, a few crashes and a couple glitches, it's not been enough to make me not want to just get into the game and play it.

The story is dumb and most of the voice acting is terrible. I also don't care for how the drivers sometimes make comments while I'm driving in races, but when actually playing the game the story and voice acting isn't nearly as annoying as I thought it'd be watching videos. I also don't find any issue with the progression, as the only time I've had to grind races is when I've bought a new lower end car I want to build up to be better, and I have NEVER felt like I needed to spend money on crates, as I get plenty of resources by trading in cards, racing or just buying upgrades from the Tuner. If I wanted to avoid any grind whatsoever I could just go and buy a car from the dealership with a base rating as high or higher than recommended for a race, as money piles up easily (I usually have over 1 million in the bank at any time). I also find that you don't always have to match the rating of a race to win. I have beaten races while being over 30 ranks under the recommended level multiple times, although not all race types are as easy to do that with.

I actually also enjoy the card system, as it gives me something to work for instead of just buying the best parts and being done with it, it gives me that loot grind fix (but it's not a bad loot grind). I like the driving model also, it's not realistic, but I can feel the difference between cars and I definitely have to tune some of them to get them to drive the best, like my drift car.

The graphics looks excellent also, and I love the customization system, which was one of the things that pushed me to get the game, as I had loaded up The Crew again for something to play and was frustrated with the lack of choice on visual for some of the cars.

All in all, it's a good game, and not nearly as bad as a lot of reviews make it out to be. I get the impression some of at least the more professional reviewers tried to blitz through the game/story as fast as possible to meet deadlines instead of just playing and enjoying the game, in which case I could see where they might have run into progression issues, especially if they didn't do a lot of trading in of cards they didn't want to just use card tokens to upgrade specific parts you want.

I also wonder how many of the people posting reviews on here have actually played the game vs basing their opinions on other reviews or just hopping on the EA hate train. I dislike the things EA does, and fear for Respawn, who makes some of my favorite games, but people who just blindly hate on a game because of the publisher without actually playing the game (if that is indeed happening) should be ignored.
  84. Nov 20, 2017
    Worst Need for Speed ever
    Stupid story with typical stereotypes (black, woman and protagonist revenge)
    Lootboxes everywhere, this game is pure vomit
    Don't buy it even it's free on psn
  85. Nov 19, 2017
    Need for Speed - Payback should be more honestly named EAs Stockholders Need for Cash - Paycheck. Just like Battlefront 2 you either have to really grind to make any progress, or pay to win. The whole thing is designed as online gambling and should not be encouraged by spending your money on it.
  86. Nov 19, 2017
    I found this game a much better improvement than previous episodes. Others complain about the microtransactions, but obviously they haven't played this game much as they are not needed at all to progress well in the game. Also microtransactions are in so many other popular games now yet they don't complain about it there.
    First game in a while where I've really enjoyed progressing through
    First game in a while where I've really enjoyed progressing through the game as there are various rewards where you can choose how to spend them. Was unsure when I saw the trading cards of performance, but it actually makes it more fun in my opinion. Also, the fact you have to grind more but not unreasonably so, is great, makes it more meaningful when I win a race. Other people I guess want things to be a lot more easier which is a shame as I would get bored very quickly otherwise.
    The storyline is better than I thought, still cheesy but there are different race categories, drag, offroad, runner etc. and different sorts of missions which make it fun. The characters are again cheesy, average but it makes it more exciting compared to need for speed rivals where there are no faces at all, and just felt empty. Also love finding derelict cars in the middle of the map and finding their parts to create them.
    Multiplayer is also fun, have the speedlists so you play multiple events at a time with the same players, which I really enjoyed from need for speed most wanted 2012.
    Visuals are again beautiful, and love the customization options of the cars. Best part is the picture mode, where you can screenshot any moment, so when you are jumping you can take a picture of the car in the air which is really cool.
    One thing I think would need improvement is meaningful locations, I do miss places which have cool hidden parts to it or ramps, haven't found them as interesting in this game. But obviously they worked really hard at getting offroad stuff working well instead of being stuck behind barriers.
    Overall a solid racing game with great mechanics and scenery, and an enjoyable cheesy storyline.
  87. Nov 19, 2017
    Loot Boxes and grind. Gambling cards instead normal tuning. There is my mission before gaming community: to put 0 for each game with Loot Boxes. Especially Pay to win models and grind solo stories.
  88. Nov 19, 2017
    The game is mediocre at best since the driving is okay mixed in with too many forced immersion breaking cutscenes, story is meh...cringy even, graphics are a stepdown compared older titles like Rivals and Most Wanted but gets the job done. All in all forgettable. But i am giving this game a score of 0. Why? Because This game is an infection of Microtransactions which is going to speed upThe game is mediocre at best since the driving is okay mixed in with too many forced immersion breaking cutscenes, story is meh...cringy even, graphics are a stepdown compared older titles like Rivals and Most Wanted but gets the job done. All in all forgettable. But i am giving this game a score of 0. Why? Because This game is an infection of Microtransactions which is going to speed up the process spearding throughout the gaming landscape. I just need a good racing game and not any card games, lootcrates BS. This is where i draw the line! Expand
  89. Nov 19, 2017
    dont buy. no fun, no speed there is huge emptyness in this game. go and play midnight club los angeles and ignore this poor game. thanks ea for ruin the need for speed brand.
  90. Nov 18, 2017
    Published by one of the most hated companies in the gaming industry that treats its players like scum, do not buy this game under any circumstances EA doesn't deserve a single cent of your money.
  91. Nov 18, 2017
    I enjoyed single player. It was abit grindy sometimes where I had to repeat a race like 20 times to actually win ( Was one or two rally races I found pretty hard), and my car level was just about correct. And yes I played only on hard, even though thoughts did come after repeating a race alot of changing to medium, but I managed to hanlde that pressure and didnt change to medium lol II enjoyed single player. It was abit grindy sometimes where I had to repeat a race like 20 times to actually win ( Was one or two rally races I found pretty hard), and my car level was just about correct. And yes I played only on hard, even though thoughts did come after repeating a race alot of changing to medium, but I managed to hanlde that pressure and didnt change to medium lol I wanted to get the full tough experience. The fact that I had to do it 20 times doesnt neccesarily mean I didnt like it, yes I got fairly mad at times, but in the long run I am quite happy about the face that it was tough. Im upset that there are only like 5-6 story type missions, where in between them there are the same races, but that isnt necessarily bad either tbh, but they could have made it longer. I play on high settings and I didn ejoy the graphics, they are medium yes but they arent bad either, Id say they are good enough for 2017. The cars, the tuning the design I really enjoyed.. and I really hope they will add more cars soon. And they lost some rating from me for adding stupid card system for tuning your car, it was alot better even in NFS 2015.
    So either way il give the single player mode a 7/10 rating.

The multiplayer mode, oh my god, I generally never thought that Need for Speed multiplayer racing could be so horrible, the lags when somebody is right behind you, and flips you out off the road, even though on your screen he didnt even touch you, the ridiculous balancing system, and the fact that there are only two types of races and no FREE ROAM.
    Regarding the free roam topic, first of all on the official site there was information, before release, that you will be able to free roam with your friends. Then they just edited it out right before release... Like what does that make them? Is that not fraud? If thats not fraud I dont what else is to be honest. Because to be honest that was one of my main reasons of purchasing the game, and thank god that I didnt buy the deluxe version.

" Multiplayer
    Hit the streets and race to win. Take on challengers from all around the world as you compete to be the best.
    Compete in Speedlists, which are free events against friends, or challenge other players in Free Roam. There are two types of Speedlists:
    Casual: Casual Speedlists are 5-event tournaments. The best player is crowned at the end.
    Ranked: Ranked Speedlists track the performance of each player on a competitive ranking system."
    My rating for the need for speed multiplayer experience is 2/10. and 2 for the fact that it even exists....
    The customer support on EA is absolutly horribe, they have huge topics of people commenting the past week, and they dont even react, they cant even answer any questions, will there be the promised freeroam or not, I would understand if they told us " yes guys, it will be in a months time" Or somethoing, or even " No it wont be, we had problems" at least then I wouldnt have to waste my time waiting for it!!!!!

Ok story mode.
    Terrible multiplayer.
    Terrible customer support.

My overall rating for this game will be 4/10
  92. Nov 17, 2017
    EA another game youve ruined. Noone wants to upgrade their cars randomly.. through yet another "loot box" system.
    I really feel bad for every developer who youve got your hands on.
  93. Nov 17, 2017
    Realy dont understand all that hate... Not the best nfs ever ( and i play them all) but is a good game. Easy finish the game without microtransactions. Sure you need to grind a little but for me, the gameplay is so funny that is good to replay the best tracks...
  94. Nov 17, 2017
    Unfortunately. I was waiting for this game, the general concept behind it is nice, I don't really care that the plot is cheesy - it's just a racing game. Oh no, sorry. It's not a game. It is a slot machine, a gambling application with a possibility to play the game hidden behind this. At least there are lots of other racing games out there, that don't work like this, including older NFSUnfortunately. I was waiting for this game, the general concept behind it is nice, I don't really care that the plot is cheesy - it's just a racing game. Oh no, sorry. It's not a game. It is a slot machine, a gambling application with a possibility to play the game hidden behind this. At least there are lots of other racing games out there, that don't work like this, including older NFS installments. Expand
  95. Nov 17, 2017
    These 3 are cancers of gaming experience :

EA
    UBISOFT
    Activision

Those 3 need some lessons from us , lets give them some / the IAPs need to go for good / premium games (60-100$) must not have IN APP PURCHASES
  96. Nov 16, 2017
    i did not play this.,.,,.,.,.,,.,..,,.,m,.m,m.,,,,,..,.,,..,,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..mnm,,.,.,,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,...........m,m,m.,m
  97. Nov 16, 2017
    What happened to buying cool parts to add to your cars to make them better. Now you simply equip a card??? That you get from a lot box. How creative!!!
  98. Nov 16, 2017
    I'm completely disappointed in progression system. Once i got first challenges with racing gangs I was pushed to replay older missions to get some money to get at least necessary upgrades. Or, of course, there was another way: to pay real money in the fullpriced game to get... money in the game. That is freakingly bad and I will try to refund the game.
    Worst racing game progression system
    Worst racing game progression system ever. Worst NFS ever, despite of good handling and graphics. In the current state game should be named NFS: Refund.
  99. Nov 16, 2017
    Dont own the game, but making a statement on EA's microtransaction and card malpractices, buying a AAA title does not warrant me having to double up to get all the content. so instead of a 60$ game its a 120$ game
    check out Angry Joe's video on the subject on youtube -> ****
  100. Nov 15, 2017
    I have had an absolute blast playing this game so far. I've the most fun in a Need For Speed game in years. I like this new take on the series and i hope the developers continue to build upon this. I love the wide variety of cars and the introduction of derelicts. It's extremely fun to rip through the canyons in a souped up 65' Mustang
  101. Nov 7, 2017
    No matter how much you like the game, dredging up a micro-transaction system from the bottom of the free-to-play mobile cesspool and putting it into a AAA priced game is going to land you a zero score.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 6, 2018
    Ticks all the boxes and delivers a decent, playable experience, but it's hugely derivative and feels far too familiar, especially if you've played The Crew. [Jan 2017, p.92]
  2. games(TM)
    Dec 31, 2017
    An infuriating slog hurt by its own structure. [Issue#195, p.80]
  3. Dec 15, 2017
    If you stick with it you'll find a decent racer here but getting past the inane narrative, broken progression systems and longing for racers past takes some doing.