3.6

1. Dec 7, 2019
    4players.de rated this game with 39% what is pretty appropriate. I do not know why so many people give this technical catastrophe such good ratings, it was a good game back in time, but the port is just awful and a rip off, they really want 50 EUR for a game that is more than 10 years old.

Look for example at Dark Souls remastered (not that old), they ported the game for all systems and added online functions for the new systems and started with 29,99 EUR as release price.
  2. Dec 17, 2019
    First of all - critical info that is not always listed for this game. Enhanced editions includes all the content of the Diamond Edition, which is main campaign, 2 expansions, and 7 or so standalone "modules" which are separate DnD campaigns with their own story/progression/etc.
    All of this is already on the disc and doesn't require downloads.
    Now for those who remember NWN on PC -
    All of this is already on the disc and doesn't require downloads.

Now for those who remember NWN on PC - console version is a much more immersive way to experience the game. What enhanced edition (for consoles) did is gave you direct control of the character with just the right zoom level (think controlling Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn).
    Strategic/zoomed-out view is also available by tapping the touchpad.

The lighting has been much improved with surfaces looking vibrant/colorful.
    Together with up-close view this gives it such an immersive feel that it's a totally different experience from what I remember of the PC version.

In terms of performance, I am running this on PS4 Pro, 1080p. Frames are butter-smooth. I can't tell for sure if it's 30 or 60fps (feels like 60), but panning the camera never causes any stutter.

Update after finishing chapter 1: Encountered 1 crash to home, 2 crashes on save, lost saves. Some feats not selectable due to buggy dialog windows.
  3. Dec 4, 2019
    NWN was a fantastic game for its era, and its story and setting are still extremely enjoyable today. It follows closely to ADnD rulesets, takes place in Faerun, and has plenty of memorable characters and a plot brimming with exciting twists and turns. However, the playstation port specifically runs like a fish on sand. Get ready for consistant crashes to home, massive framerate stutters,NWN was a fantastic game for its era, and its story and setting are still extremely enjoyable today. It follows closely to ADnD rulesets, takes place in Faerun, and has plenty of memorable characters and a plot brimming with exciting twists and turns. However, the playstation port specifically runs like a fish on sand. Get ready for consistant crashes to home, massive framerate stutters, and NPC behavior bugs. Sometimes panning the camera through a building will cause the software to yeet itself out of running. Sometimes it's opening your inventory. Whatever the trigger, I found that playing. for more than ten minutes at a time tends to elicit a crash. This still does not stop me from trying to play, as the game is wonderful in creative content and I'm determined to enjoy it, but the technical issues sharply effect my ability to enjoy the software.

Also, no aurora engine toolkit on console, and that's heartbreaking.
  4. Apr 21, 2020
    Very good game with tons of content sadly it was half baked and the other half a cash grab on the supposive enhanced edition otherwise a very good game when on a very good sale ofc.
  5. Dec 12, 2019
    I'm not sure what has been enhanced, unless it's the constant graphical glitches or the sense of how badly this game has aged.
  6. Feb 5, 2020
    Incredibly disappointing, absurdly expensive port.

I should have done more research on this before picking it up for Xbox One, but I was too excited when I saw it on sale. I loved my copy of Diamond edition on PC back in the day and thought getting it on console would get my wife to try it, since she doesn't like using a mouse and keyboard but she loves D&D. Unfortunately, the only
    Incredibly disappointing, absurdly expensive port.

Unfortunately, the only enhanced aspects are the visuals (and only in terms of texture compression and monitor resolution) and having direct control of your character (rather than pointing and clicking).
    Everything else actually seems worse, particularly interacting with merchants and working with your AI partner. In addition, there is virtually no tutorial for either the rules of 3rd edition D&D or controls for the game itself, so a lot of the experience becomes trial and error.

I plan to keep playing, since I paid for the game and want to get my money's worth, but it kills me that they could have really made something special if they had just spent some time redesigning the interface and the controls.
  7. Oct 30, 2020
    I loved NWN back in the day, and played it just as much as Baldur's Gate 1&2, sinking hundreds of hours into it. So, when seeing the PS4 edition in a bargain bin, I dived in pronto!
    I should not have. For when starting the game (after 10GB patch download) it was not nostalgia that hit me, but rather disbelief and shock.
    Shock at how bad a job they had done translating this masterpiece
    Shock at how bad a job they had done translating this masterpiece for PS4. I could not believe it, but the game actually looks worse on my PS4Pro than it ever did on my old gaming PC (Win98, Pentium II, Voodoo 3). And it runs worse too! What on Earth went wrong?!? How, what, why???
    Well, I did give it a solid try, and tried to play thru it. But it was just too painful. So, into the trash it goes.
    Next time I feel like going back to the good old days, I'll just download the game off Steam for this laptop. Which is what I should've done in the first place. And which is what I suggest you do. For, even for nostalgia trip, the PS4 edition is not worth it. Not even if you can get it cheap. It is an insult to the fans of the game.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 12, 2020
    Neverwinter Nights remains a fantastic RPG, but the Enhanced Edition on PlayStation 4 fails to recapture that magic. If you can look past the incredibly dated graphics, there's tons of classic role playing to get stuck into, but playing it with a controller and clunky UI is not particularly pleasant. Considering that this is playable on pretty much any computer you can lay your hands on, or even on your phone, I'd steer clear of this particular version unless you desperately want to sit on your couch with a controller to play.
  2. Feb 14, 2020
    If you didn't get the chance at the time to play Neverwinter Nights, then this is a good chance to enjoy a slightly better version of one of the most ambitious role-playing titles in history. Likewise, this game doesn't get the score it could have deserved, because the development company Beamdog couldn't improve the interface or the graphics, so it's an adaptation that has absolutely nothing to do with remastering.
  3. Jan 7, 2020
    It's a game made for a very specific audience in mind, one which thoroughly knows the rules of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition and doesn't mind the limited graphical capabilities of turn-of-the-century computers. For those fans, or for anyone interested in role-playing PC history, Neverwinter Nights is a no-brainer.