7.0

1. Oct 18, 2016
    Amazing port of a PC MMO to console. Why more games aren't doing this is beyond me. Give me the comfort of the couch and a controller over a desk and keyboard/mouse combo any day. Great game and have played this exclusively for the last several months.
  2. Sep 5, 2016
    A solid experience as either an MMO or RPG. Average but definitely worth a try now that it's f2p.

Good - Nicely atmospheric game world that captures the essence of D&D. The character creator is pretty good by MMO standards. Decent voice acting and cleverly only added in for important dialogue. I also like both the crafting system and the Companion system. It is also a game that is very much soloable which suits me as I have zero interest in pvp and very little in actually grouping with other people. But here, thankfully, the majority of things can be achieved with a trusty npc Companion.

Comparing it to the soulless, hugely disappointing mess that is ESO, I much prefer this game. A lot of that is due to having no expectations of this game previously, but it just feels better. And although it is very much a typical MMO in every way, it doesn't feel like such a contrived, boring excuse for one that ESO is.

Bad - By far the worst thing about the game is the camera angle, which strangely cannot be changed. Frustrating as it is far too distant from the character. The combat is very weightless, as are the physics in general, something every MMO I have ever played is guilty of. Why someone doesn't make an MMO combat system that has weight, like Dark Souls, I will never understand. Floating about with your heavy plate have no physics or sound at all seems to be the done thing with MMO's. A minor issue is that the Companion customisation is limited, only letting you name the character and choose from 3 or 4 outfits as the Companion levels. It seems fairly obvious that we should have been allowed to fully create companions, as in Pillars of Eternity.

There is nothing new here at all, it's standard MMO stuff and that's what makes it average but you can get some hours out of it if you are in between or bored of superior games.

Overall - Not a great game but quite addictive and %100 worth picking up for free. Nice to play an enjoyable, albeit predictable MMO after the awful ESO, which sits probably just behind GTAV as the most disappointing game of all time. Give it a try. 6/10.
  3. Jul 25, 2016
    Exactly like I remember it after the launch on PC - active combat, quests and dungeons that favor lore hunting and exploring, interesting professions implementation and AWFUL LAG :(
    Nice Campaigns additions - random daily/weekly quests that unlock items/skins/currencies/mounts with a nice progression map
    No Foundry so far, but promised to be included in future patches Economy rebalanced
    No Foundry so far, but promised to be included in future patches
    Economy rebalanced - everything can be purchased by in-game currency, but some fancy skins require a bit of grind/market play
    Overall experience so far(after 1,5 weeks of Mod9) - awesome game with awful lag
  4. Jul 26, 2016
    This is a F2P game, so I'm rating it accordingly. I'm not going to subtract points because they are trying to make money on the game. If you don't like the model, just play a game with a model you do like. However, if you understand what F2P is like, this game is quite a delight on the PS4.

THE GOOD: 1) Far and away what hooked me was the smooth control scheme for the controller.

THE GOOD:

1) Far and away what hooked me was the smooth control scheme for the controller. Unlike the FFXIV layout which was functional but not as good as keyboard and mouse, this is the first MMMORPG I've played on both PC and console that I prefer combat with a controller. It's intuitive and responsive (for an MMORPG that understandably lags in areas with high populations)

2) End Game is very casual for those that want it. you just need 1 - 2 friends to keep progressing. There is TONS of content. Some people say this means it's a grind. But to me, it means there is more to do. I prefer there to be more to do that I haven't done instead of simply repeating old things. I know some folks want to get to the top of the mountain, but in Neverwinter, that is going to take far longer than you could possibly imagine. So for me, this casual, long end-game that keeps getting updated means hours of fun in a familiar D&D world with voice-acted NPCs and stories written by people like R.A. Salvatore. I'm in!

3) Dungeons & Dragons Nostalgia. I've played lots of MMORPGs, but playing one set in the D&D franchise brings to memory so many games from the past that if you played these games, you'll enjoy this as much as I do!

THE BAD

1) The fact this is F2P will be in your face the whole time. I recommend playing for a bit, if you like it, decide you are going to pay them for their work and decide where to spend your money. Those pay walls are there, but they aren't hard and fast. First: There is an exchange so you can swap currency you earn in-game for ZEN to purchase from the cash shop. Second, there are great guides online for completely free players to compete at the highest level in PVE and PVP, so if what you got is time and not money, then you can do it all here.

2) Bugs! Yep too many games have them. I get kicked from the server roughly once every 4 hours. This is too much. I hope it gets fixed! There are other bugs where you can get stuck and have to log in as a second character to fix this. It's annoying and time consuming, but nothing game breaking.

3) I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any 8-16 person PvE content. I am glad it's not dominated by this, but I would like a few reasons to work together as a big organized group. So even if it is in the game, at level 66 I've still not seen it or heard of it. So definitely under-represented. I've not run a heroic dungeon yet, which I know are tough, but I believe those are just 3 - 5 man dungeons.

VERDICT: I have to give this game a strong score because it's truly fun to play. You should be able to tell if the things people say are bad about it will get to you or not. My opinion is that if they do not bother you, you'll find a lot to love about combat with a PS4 controller in this, the only true D&D MMORPG available on the platform, F2P or not.

Lastly, I'm playing with several disenchanted ESO players who are finding a lot to like in comparison. I didn't play ESO, but if it rubbed you the wrong way, Neverwinter on PS4 might be just the ticket!
  5. Aug 8, 2016
    Just downloaded it for free, and paid 10 euros for a month of VIP rights. And i feel i've allready had my money's worth after 3 days. You can totally play this game for free, but i was really afraid i couldn't after reading so many bad reviews. I guess people are just greedy and want everything at day one, and that can only happen if you pay for silly things. If you just play the game, youJust downloaded it for free, and paid 10 euros for a month of VIP rights. And i feel i've allready had my money's worth after 3 days. You can totally play this game for free, but i was really afraid i couldn't after reading so many bad reviews. I guess people are just greedy and want everything at day one, and that can only happen if you pay for silly things. If you just play the game, you will start to understand how to pay for stuff with ingame currencies, and where to get things.

I'm having the best time i've ever had starting a MMORPG. The game seems to open up more around level 30, and i'm really exited where it's gonna take me next. I find it really hard to put down the controller. My fighter feels fun to control, the world is beautiful, loot is exiting and very varied, quest and background stories are fun, and there's just a ton of systems to explore and upgrade. And apparantly i've not even touched 1% of the game if i take a look at the menu with Campaigns and all the kinds of progress you can make. I would encourage everybody to try this game. I have not played a MMORPG before that made me say that. I loved UO, but wouldn't recommend it now. I liked SWTOR for 100 hours, but would never recommend it. I didn't feel like playing Guild Wars 2 after 2 days. But i'm losing sleep over Neverwinter. 10 out of 10 for the early game experience (the first 100 hours up till now).
  6. Aug 5, 2016
    This game starts slow and clunky where enemies just stand and allow you to hit them with no reaction. I nearly erased this game from my ps4 hard drive but I'm glad I gave it a fair chance. It starts to get better and better and it rewards you constantly like in Diablo 3. You get a constant satisfaction that you are making progress with the levelling up and getting good gear.

It's not as

It's not as good as say the Witcher 3 but way better than World Of Warcraft where the missions are so boring and monotonous. They have actually made a effort with stories and boss fights and your abilities. I would say don't judge this game by the first hour or two but give it a fair chance and you will be surprised in how it opens up. And hey, it's all free with not a penny spent.
  7. Jul 26, 2016
    Best mmorp on console full stop. Yes there are a few issues but it has just come out on console. For a free to play game with add on purchases, this is a must play. There is a ton of content and the quests are more interesting than in eso. The pve and pvp are a ton of fun and the community in the game (which is huge) is very friendly. If you are putting this game down, you are an absolute moron
  8. Jul 25, 2016
    Below average graphics, eye straining low framerate (15fps) in main city, limited UI options, limited control setup options, a confusing countless number of monetary systems esp for new players. Free to Play slow lane grinding & P2W roadblocks sully the experience.
  9. Aug 8, 2016
    For a f2p its actually cool and plays more like a solo game for big parts of the game..., sure its nowhere near as good as other big MMOs like FFXIV, but it starts off (way) faster than FFXIV and has good synchros (English and German)
    Just if your mostly into real endgame raids, then NW might not be for you.. but if you have friends who will play it too.. or just want a different (and cheap, price-wise) fantasy trip, it might be for you
  10. Sep 5, 2016
    Very entertaining with plenty to do, the controls feel very natural. There are a lot of players so queues are next to instance for everything I have tried.
  11. Aug 31, 2016
    Everything is broken. Lagg is horrible, group que is broken, all the endgame epic dungeons are broken. Avoid like the plague until fixed. It just isn't worth your time. They are adding new content that probably won't work while the content they do have still doesn't work. Incompetent devs IMO.
  12. Aug 7, 2016
    What I wanted to talk about is the "official" Neverwinter forums. Which is something , that should not be ignored? Since this is an MMO. The mods are very , how should I put this ... desensitized to what's posted there. I started out liking and enjoying the forums, and I even recommended them at first. But that's definitively, not the case anymore. Especially when , you get "busted" forWhat I wanted to talk about is the "official" Neverwinter forums. Which is something , that should not be ignored? Since this is an MMO. The mods are very , how should I put this ... desensitized to what's posted there. I started out liking and enjoying the forums, and I even recommended them at first. But that's definitively, not the case anymore. Especially when , you get "busted" for every single thing you post. By the way avoid word like "peanut gallery" because the flippin forum mods, will jump all over you. Oh that's not the worse part either, they will also "edit" aka censor your posts and re- post the "edited" version. They will twist your words and accuse you of spamming and trolling. And what truly disgusts me, is that the mods themselves. Will turn around and do the same. But you can't report them, because they're "UN touchable" because they are mods and UN publishable. And on top of that they will make it know to the entire forum , that you were issued a warning. For whatever , infraction your guilty of. This is clearly and abuse of power. And there is nothing you can do about it. So my advice is this, avoid those "forums" like the plague. And you will, thank me for that;) P.S. they get a REAL power trip out it, plus most of them are " payed" volunteers. Expand
  13. Jul 29, 2016
    I was very disappointed when I played this game, it has bad graphics, an uninteresting story, boring and extremely repetitive combat. All these factors come together to make a bad game, that makes no lasting impression.
  14. Jul 27, 2016
    This MMO is 3 years ald, graphic looks as it is a 6 years ald game but on PS4 it still lagging sometimes. The user score from PC version is 5.3, how could it become better after port on PS4, its same game. The gameplay is easy and boring and it feels like u play on phone. My last MMO was Rift (2011) and it was much better in all points.
  15. Dec 4, 2017
    Used to be a phenomenal game until Cryptic Studios got incredibly greedy in this "freemium" game (it will cost you over $1000 to go anywhere from scratch, as the developers have made this game extremely costly to go anywhere once you get to level 70. The game is now complete ****
  16. Nov 16, 2016
    Update:

For about a week straight my character was uncontrollable.....something was wrong with the server. I had to quit playing. Up until that point the game was fun. Unfortunately I have moved on. My Original Critique: Lots of fun with tons of content. Combat is simple and not very challenging. If you grind you will become OP and it gets too easy. Lore and homages to
    Update:

Up until that point the game was fun. Unfortunately I have moved on.

My Original Critique:

Lots of fun with tons of content.

Combat is simple and not very challenging.

If you grind you will become OP and it gets too easy.

Lore and homages to old DnD characters.

If you like grinding, collecting and the DnD world then this is definitely a game you should try...and it is free.....
  17. May 31, 2017
    I really enjoy this game. As a fan of D&D, I enjoy the lore and grinding for treasure. If you don't like D&D or farming treasure than this won't be something you will enjoy. I love the character creation, the companions are a great addition. If you have a few bucks to burn on gaming this is a lot of fun because you can enjoy what you want and how you want to appear in game. I getI really enjoy this game. As a fan of D&D, I enjoy the lore and grinding for treasure. If you don't like D&D or farming treasure than this won't be something you will enjoy. I love the character creation, the companions are a great addition. If you have a few bucks to burn on gaming this is a lot of fun because you can enjoy what you want and how you want to appear in game. I get overpowered early on so you can enjoy playing the way you want without getting killed deep in the zone. Plenty of ways to stay alive and come back to life if you get whacked. PS4 is the way to go because it's much harder to hack and mess the game up with code. I like spending money and showing appreciation to the developers. This may be free, but imagine the time it took to develop and maintain this game. Expand
  18. Nel
    Apr 28, 2017
    The game works and it has several things that you can do quest dungeons gather gear and so forth like a regular mmo The graphics are ok, but there is some terrible lag, and it all feels very chunky to say the least.
  19. Dec 1, 2016
    The game is what it is. An average MMORPG that is free-to-play. There is an endless amount of things to do such as dungeons, side missions, pve and pvp, farming, etc. as you would expect to do and you can easily lose yourself into the game for hours because of the amount of content. The story leaves a lot to be desired. I've invested 200+ hours into in and I still have no idea what's goingThe game is what it is. An average MMORPG that is free-to-play. There is an endless amount of things to do such as dungeons, side missions, pve and pvp, farming, etc. as you would expect to do and you can easily lose yourself into the game for hours because of the amount of content. The story leaves a lot to be desired. I've invested 200+ hours into in and I still have no idea what's going on. I had to go to Wikipedia for that. I've dealt with lag here and there, but honestly its not a big issue if you have a strong connection. The dungeon runs are fun, but just too short in my opinion. The average dungeon can be completed in like 20 minutes. While there is a vast community, I haven't come across the socializing that I have in other MMORPGs. You'd be wise to join a guild sooner than later that way if you have any questions, veterans of the game can give you help through it.

All in all, its not a bad game. There is plenty to do here. While it won't stack up against the likes of GW, WoW, FFXIV, or Everquest, for the newbie trying MMORPGs or for people who are simply looking for a free-to-play MMORPG it will more than suffice.
  20. Nov 9, 2016
    Probably the best MMORPG game out there on consoles. Lots of in depth stuff and a few dodgy controls let it down but overall its a very decent game considering it is free.
  21. Aug 27, 2016
    I just spent the last five minutes bouncing around the map... I didn't have to touch the remote once. The servers for this game suck. It took me ten minutes to even log on last time. It's hit or miss if you can actually play this game at times. Which is sad, because it's a pretty good game. It's offered free and you quickly realize that you would need to pay to play if you wanted toI just spent the last five minutes bouncing around the map... I didn't have to touch the remote once. The servers for this game suck. It took me ten minutes to even log on last time. It's hit or miss if you can actually play this game at times. Which is sad, because it's a pretty good game. It's offered free and you quickly realize that you would need to pay to play if you wanted to take advantage of everything the game offers. Unfortunately, with the amount of server issues, I can't ever see me spending money of the game. Expand
  22. Jun 20, 2017
    I was really suprised that this is a decent mmo , skyforge is just boring , but this game is the fun a good mmo should have
    A lot of content , bossfights , enemies , a big world and great dungeons
    A lot of content , bossfights , enemies , a big world and great dungeons
    However , what I don't like in mmo's actually is that you hit an enemy , but it feels like their just doing nothing besides hitting you back. It could have had better graphics , but because this is an mmo and because almost every mmo has garbage graphics I forgive it , this time
    Because its free this really feels as a must download

1. Aug 23, 2016
    On its own, Neverwinter is a very solid and very enjoyable MMO — with its free price point, there's no reason that you shouldn't be giving it a chance.
  2. Aug 4, 2016
    It’s extremely mindless grinding, which can be fun now and again when you’re feeling non-committal. And from what I’ve learned of the endgame offerings, when you’re fully leveled, you can just experience much of the same. I’m not sure how long someone would want to experience more of the same, and I don’t feel like anything I’ve played warrants going through it all again with another character. It’s just not all that compelling, but if you have friends you’d like to quest with, it’s certainly something to do… like many other things.
  3. Jul 31, 2016
    Slightly watered down version from PC, but still a good game to enjoy both with friends or alone.