7.6

1. Mar 13, 2020
    Team Ninja made a great game with a few new touches to the old game.

Great new yokai form vere large skill tree and Great boss desing
  2. Mar 13, 2020
    Absolutely better than last year "GOTY". deep combat system, deep costumization system, and more stable FPS. Such an underrated game, with so much potential. A must-play game for hardcore gamer
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    Team Ninja made a great game with a few new touches to the old game.

Great new yokai form vere large skill tree and Great boss desing
  4. Mar 28, 2020
    Nioh 2 is as close to the perfect game with the whole package as it gets. It is obvious they took the criticisms from Nioh 1 seriously and fixed literally every complaint. The level design and enemy variety in particular is leaps and bounds better and dare I say Soulsborne level of greatness and immersive. This game needs to be celebrated and encouraged and the future looks bright for NiohNioh 2 is as close to the perfect game with the whole package as it gets. It is obvious they took the criticisms from Nioh 1 seriously and fixed literally every complaint. The level design and enemy variety in particular is leaps and bounds better and dare I say Soulsborne level of greatness and immersive. This game needs to be celebrated and encouraged and the future looks bright for Nioh as a series. Nioh 2 is more than I hoped for and it's a definitive 10 in my book. Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2020
    Loved the 1st Nioh, love this one so far, way more improvements. Deff worth 60 dollars
  6. Mar 27, 2020
    Probably my favourite game of PS4 generation. Deep and vast gameplay and combat mechanics, fluid stable 60 fps gameplay, super fast and dynamic battles and probably the best character creator put even Souls games to shame.
    It is a huge improvement over the first Nioh game and overall a brilliant expirience, truly a quintessence of what a true masterpiece of videogames should be in my opinion. Bravo, Team Ninja. I wish you will achieve no less during the next generation of consoles.
  7. Mar 31, 2020
    Team ninja did them self’s proud Because nioh 2 is a masterpiece of hardcore gaming.
    All of the bosses are extremely challenging but so rewarding after overcoming them and the design of all of the bosses are incredible. The game looks and plays just like the original game and Nioh 2 is much harder than nioh 1 in my opinion what I like. Each level is incredible all of the side missions are interesting. I love how you can make your own ninja in the character creation and your not stuck with William because I didn’t really like William I found him annoying. I massively prefer this game to the 1st nioh game and sekiro. All in all Nioh 2 is an incredible game I absolutely love it. 10/10 from me
  8. Apr 1, 2020
    I see people giving it a low score due to the difficulty. It doesn’t deserve those criticism. This game deserves a higher score.
  9. Mar 15, 2020
    Awesome game. Gameplay diversity and improvements over the previous chapter. Tecnically more of the same though.
  10. Mar 17, 2020
    It's Nioh, but better. An overall improvement to the game. I feel the first game was more difficult but it may just me being experienced with this game style now. There's a lot of new things like more weapon types and now you are part Yokai and can enter "Yoaki Shift" and thrash around. You can take enemy moves and use them. Graphics and art are overall better. Story is much deeper thanIt's Nioh, but better. An overall improvement to the game. I feel the first game was more difficult but it may just me being experienced with this game style now. There's a lot of new things like more weapon types and now you are part Yokai and can enter "Yoaki Shift" and thrash around. You can take enemy moves and use them. Graphics and art are overall better. Story is much deeper than the first game, a lot of it is hidden in text so look for it if you want it. I really like that. Overall great. Expand
  11. Mar 17, 2020
    It’s BRUTAL. it often makes me want to smash my TV. BUT... It’s amazing.

It’s BRUTAL. it often makes me want to smash my TV. BUT... It’s amazing.

As a fan of Nioh 1, I’m really glad they haven’t reinvented the wheel here. More of the same with some better things added. The new areas are cool, the new enemies are great and frustrating and challenging all in one. The weapons have great variety and trying to master ki pulses and stance switching is really fun and rewarding.

The game is very rewarding when you pull off that clutch moment counter or the perfectly timed combo.

I really struggled early on. Be warned that you can’t just throw in a cup and be carried through by visitors. I waited for hours on some levels, trying as I may to beat a boss with no one coming in to help. This may have been because it was early after release. The ai summons are god awful and the lock on can be poor especially when there are multiple enemies on the screen. Item management can also be a bit tedious.

None of the above matters though because Nioh 2 is a juicy looter game with hand to hand combat which is perfect for me. There’s tons of content and it’s really fun struggling solo or in a group.
  12. Mar 17, 2020
    Nioh 2 is improved second part of Nioh 1 almost in every aspect. Its bigger with lots of new mechanics. Team Ninja has a great game again, waiting for Nioh 3, thank you guys.
  13. Mar 16, 2020
    Nioh 2 doesn't warrant a perfect score; there are several issues with the game which need addressing. It does not, however, deserve the hyperbolic bashing it has gotten thus far on Metacritic.

Nioh 2 treads a lot of the same ground as the original 2017 game. You play through several missions, defeating an array of human and Yokai enemies, culminating in a final challenge in the form of one of the game's many challenging boss battles.
    The missions themselves are somewhat linear; there isn't a lot of room for exploring off the critical path, though you'll find no shortage of shortcuts to make traversing areas easier. The boss battles are varied and each offer a unique, often vexing challenge.

The game's main drawback in my opinion, and what seems to be a source of much of the criticism on display in the user ratings, is the especially cruel barrier to entry, even by the standards of a souls-like game. Whilst the challenges never quite rise to the difficulty of the original game (in my opinion at least), there isn't a well defined difficulty curve and the game certainly pulls no punches from the offset.

If you go in knowing this, and you're able to battle frustration long enough to push through without throwing in the towel and eating Nioh 2 a zero, the experience can be considerably rewarding.
  14. Mar 18, 2020
    Excellent game, possibly let down by not being friendly to newcomers of the genre
  15. Mar 17, 2020
    Todo un reto, te dara muchisimas horas ya que es bastante largo, a mi me esta encantabdo, probadlo!
  16. Mar 19, 2020
    O jogo foi o que eu esperava e ainda teve alguns pontos onde me surpreendeu. A unica coisa que eu vejo como falha é o dano dos inimigos que eu vejo como mal implementado.
  17. Mar 14, 2020
    Every detail and challange is great. First game is a masterpiece but second game makes it to the another level.
  18. Mar 14, 2020
    Amazing. Loved both Nioh games. Easily the best souls-like series out there. I have played all of the Dark Sould games, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and other souls like games like Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, and Code Vein. I have to say that Nioh 2 is outstanding.
  19. Mar 17, 2020
    Absolutely amazing. Extremely good combat and insane replay value with all the build variety that this game has to offer. Great sequel.
  20. Mar 15, 2020
    With the addition of the new skill trees trees, and ability to respec individual skill trees or all skill trees makes experimenting much more efficient than first Nioh. Very challenging but fair combat that can be made easier with the use of blue graves that summon player based NPCs or you can summon up to two players to join in the level. New weapon types and addition of Yokai Shift andWith the addition of the new skill trees trees, and ability to respec individual skill trees or all skill trees makes experimenting much more efficient than first Nioh. Very challenging but fair combat that can be made easier with the use of blue graves that summon player based NPCs or you can summon up to two players to join in the level. New weapon types and addition of Yokai Shift and Burst counters adds more variety to already challenging gameplay system.

The help system on stats and such on armor and weapons is a nice feature as it makes it so all information needed about the game is in the game.
  21. Mar 15, 2020
    The game improved everything that was already good in the first one, including the difficulty that this is much more punk! of course playing without help! and add lots of new and useful things in battle.
  22. Mar 18, 2020
    If you liked NIOH 1 you will like this game! Same basic play style and setup. It has same basic Diablo equipment looting system. The boss fights are fun! The major difference in game play is the CORES - I am not a really a big fan of this game setup since it's really confusing on how it all works. I have no clue after 15hrs how to manage or utilize this CORE system.

What I still

What I still don't like about the game is still there - endless grinding loot, the story is god awful, and the music is just average. I think if it had better music, amazing storyline, and tweak the equipment and better management system it would be a lot more fun!! I have skipped the story since its really dumb and boring. Unlike Dark Souls and Bloodborne - their stories are more unique and interesting with AMAZING SOUND TRACKS and much easier and manageable equipment system. I think this is what separates it from a Masterpiece vs. A great game!
  23. Mar 14, 2020
    Phenomenal game. Only improved on a very solid foundation they set with Nioh 1. Character Creation, more combat depth and awesome new mechanics. If you loved Nioh 1 then this is for you. Pick it up!

I'm just here to review the game and counter the trolls leaving 1 star reviews.
  24. Mar 18, 2020
    You died simulator and I like every death as it makes me better at the game.
  25. Mar 15, 2020
    Takes everything the first game did very well and improves on it. Like the character creator. Looking forward to messing around the the new weapons (went with sword for first play through)
  26. Mar 14, 2020
    Another brilliant game from team ninja. I hate how people are bombing this game because casuals can’t play it because of the difficulty. This game isn’t for casuals. So get good or play madden
  27. Mar 13, 2020
    A great follow up for a great game. With over 259 hours of gameplay in nioh, I can say that this sequel is definitely great and improves on the original significantly
  28. Mar 16, 2020
    Nioh 2 es muy continuista con respecto a su predecesor, lo que da una sensación buena y mala a la vez.

- La historia sigue siendo interesante, aunque el contar con un protagonista mudo puede quitarle peso, aunque como contrapartida, el editor de personajes es bastante bueno - En cuanto a nivel técnico es prácticamente igual a la primera entrega, con un apartado gráfico que no

- En cuanto a nivel técnico es prácticamente igual a la primera entrega, con un apartado gráfico que no desagrada pero tampoco impresiona y un modo a 60 fps que es casi indispensable para este juego.

- Jugablemente añade varias mecánicas como la contra-Yokai que se convierte en algo vital para progresar en el juego o el Mundo Oscuro, en donde la regeneración de Ki se ralentiza y obliga al jugador a planificar mejor sus movimientos.

Por el resto, sigue siendo fiel al primer Nioh, pulsos de ki, habilidades y progresión con armas, builds, loot, etc.
    Una vez terminado el juego se desbloquea una dificultad mayor para conseguir mejor equipo y más nivel. Pudiendo así crear la mejor build para tu estilo de juego. Hay que recordar que esta es una mecánica muy importante en el postgame de Nioh.

- Por ultimo hablemos de la dificultad, he visto otras reviews en las que tachan al juego de "increiblemente dificil", incluso mas difícil que el primero. Lo cual no es para nada cierto.
    La dificultad en si es practicamente la misma. El problema viene cuando el jugador ignora todo lo que el juego quiere enseñarle y plantearle y únicamente juega como sabe, en otras palabras, como si jugara a Dark Souls. Y Nioh no es un Dark Souls. Ese es el problema, aunque claro, es más fácil culpar al juego que culparse a uno mismo y aprender de los errores.

En definitiva, si te gustó Nioh, esta segunda entrega es muy similar. Si nunca has jugado, puedes probarlo si tienes la mente abierta y quieres que el juego te enseñe, si no, ni te acerques.
  29. Mar 14, 2020
    Ótimo jogo, mas bem dificil... tem que ter paciência. Para quem gosta de desafios é um prato cheio!
  30. Mar 14, 2020
    It's Nioh 1 with more quality of life, smoother combat, and slightly better graphics. If you liked Nioh 1 and wanted more, you're going to like Nioh 2.
  31. Mar 14, 2020
    bloodborne+fighting game combat, Diablo style loot, Mario style world map, tons of complex interwoven systems and that's juts 6 hours in. This game is fantastic!
  32. Mar 15, 2020
    Just like the first Nioh it's difficult starting out until you get into a rhythm with the different combat styles. All in all, as a 'casual player' I'm enjoying the challenge of it and loving the changes they've made in Nioh 2. IMO even if I hadn't liked it I can still appreciate the work that went into making the game, but I'm sure all the crybabies wouldn't know anything about that.
  33. Mar 15, 2020
    So far I ain't got nothing but love Nioh and Nioh 2. I like the new fighting mechanics, the new enemies, and that they didn't scale back on the hardness of it. Really the challenge is what makes me love the game even more. It's not a game for everyone, but if you don't at least try to get into you'll never know whether you'll love it or hate it.
  34. Mar 15, 2020
    An improvement in every way . Nioh 1 had some issues but nioh 2 has addressed them and gone further with a better skill system new enemies and a revamped online system. Combat is punishing but fair and at times will make you sit back and think what can i learn from that death. The character creator is top notch and will absorb a lot of your time
  35. Mar 14, 2020
    I started my journey with Demon Souls and ever since been fan of the sub-genre. With that said I am very skeptical of new imitations or clones not because I despise the idea but because of poor execution. Nioh 1 controls were bad however to my surprise in Nioh 2 all issues and annoyances has been fixed as well as great improvements to game mechanics which is deeper tha Dark SoulsI started my journey with Demon Souls and ever since been fan of the sub-genre. With that said I am very skeptical of new imitations or clones not because I despise the idea but because of poor execution. Nioh 1 controls were bad however to my surprise in Nioh 2 all issues and annoyances has been fixed as well as great improvements to game mechanics which is deeper tha Dark Souls series. Simply love it. Expand
  36. Mar 14, 2020
    Slicy slicy stab stab!! For the love of god buy this game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. Mar 15, 2020
    Excellent challenge, sophisticated user interface combined with vibrant gameplay. Addicted to pain!!!
  38. Mar 13, 2020
    Great game team ninga did a great jop on this one waiting on the dlc to continue because I finished it already
  39. Mar 13, 2020
    The game is good if you like darksouls games styles with more hard monsters and more fighting rpg and costumes with good graphics sound gameplay history play it
  40. Mar 13, 2020
    A fantastic game! Every detail and challange is great. First game is a masterpiece but second game makes it to the another level
  41. Mar 13, 2020
    Amazing game! The bad reviews are from jealous xbots review-bombing, so don't listen to them. The gameplay is comprehensive and complex. Graphics are great. Character diversity is outstanding. Very Souls-like. Definitely challenging.
  42. Mar 13, 2020
    It's unfortunate that cry baby millenials that like everything handed to them on a platter ruin the user score for this game. Game is perfect the challenges are amazing however not for snowflakes that expect every game to be cakewalk.
  43. Mar 13, 2020
    Nioh 2 improves and builds upon everything the first game did and makes it surprisingly better With some cool new additions like the yo kai power and tons of new weapons but the star of this game is the difficulty it’s so hard that sometimes you just want to throw it away and never touch it again the bosses are brutal one hit can kill you one mistake can cost you so much even on theNioh 2 improves and builds upon everything the first game did and makes it surprisingly better With some cool new additions like the yo kai power and tons of new weapons but the star of this game is the difficulty it’s so hard that sometimes you just want to throw it away and never touch it again the bosses are brutal one hit can kill you one mistake can cost you so much even on the highest levels, this game from the difficulty element really but the souls/borne series to shame but in the end it’s is one of the most satisfying experiences gaming has ever offered. Expand
  44. Mar 14, 2020
    Edit: changed score to a ten to compensate for all the salty reviews from kiddies who suck at the game. Git gud or go play something easy like fortnight.
    Nioh 2 doesn't reinvent the wheel but the small tweaks and additions make the combat much more robust than it was before. The 2 main changes are burst counters and yokai abilities, burst counters can stun any enemy when they do an attack that glows red, it's very satisfying because it allows you to go on the offensive if you have good timing. Yokai abilities function kinda like aria of sorrow, slain enemies drop soul cores and you can purify them to gain their moves, its fun to experiment with these because there is a wide variety that suits different play styles. You also get a devil trigger like ability that let's you transform into a yokai depending on what guardian you chose, you can even change the appearance of your yokai form and it has its own skill tree too. Tons of weapon variety, and each weapon has a skill tree that unlocks different combos so it's fun to experiment there too. The character creation has a plethora of options, so if fashion souls is your thing you will not be disappointed. Story is kinda meh, better than the first but nothing to write home about. Overall it's a solid game and a decent improvement over nioh, it is tough but the game gives you so many options to turn the tables and kick some ass.
  45. Mar 13, 2020
    I don't have a lot of time to play games, but I still love them, so I play many of them on normal difficulty. In a lot of games, I eventually end up killing all the baddies in the same way and it feels quite powerful if a game has done it right. I get the same feeling in this game, but for a different reason. You don't get to beat all the baddies in the same way. You have to get beat,I don't have a lot of time to play games, but I still love them, so I play many of them on normal difficulty. In a lot of games, I eventually end up killing all the baddies in the same way and it feels quite powerful if a game has done it right. I get the same feeling in this game, but for a different reason. You don't get to beat all the baddies in the same way. You have to get beat, figure out what you did wrong, figure out how to do it right and repeat. I need to set the controller down and walk away sometimes, but, in the end, it's a beautiful game and a break from the monotony of being too powerful in other games. It will humble you, but in a good way. Expand
  46. Mar 13, 2020
    Great game that builds off if the previous success of the first nioh. Only two new weapons but they're both great fun. Combat is fluid as ever, a much more refined soulslike combat that is more satisfying.
  47. Mar 13, 2020
    Best souls-like game ever. The combat is amazing and the bosses are so fun to fight 10/10.
  48. Mar 14, 2020
    One of the best game ever made. People who are complaining don't try to understand the mechanic and just want to cry.
  49. Mar 16, 2020
    Yes this game is hard but you have all the tools to beat it. This game is meant to be played multiplayer. I'm having a blast, best game all year!
  50. Mar 16, 2020
    Es una excelente secuela, es mucho mas exigente que el anterior juego. No esta hecho para atraer a nuevos jugadores esta hecho para los fans del primero, aquellos que buscan un desafió mayor.
    El apartado gráfico es el mismo, la historia no es su mayor fuerte y algunos escenarios pueden ser repetitivos pero la jugabilidad, los combates contra jefes, la banda sonora el diseños de personajes asi como el de los enemigos y las nuevas mecánicas (aunque pocas) hacen de este NIOH 2 un juego imprescindible para aquellos fans del primero y los que disfrutan de juegos difíciles, no lo recomiendo a los novatos solo se frustrarían por no poder avanzar.
  51. Mar 16, 2020
    Si te gustó el primero. Este te va a encantar. Mejora muchas cosas e incluye otras como los núcleos que dan riqueza a la jugabilidad.
  52. Mar 20, 2020
    Masterpiece. Significant improvement over the first game. Ive played very souls game. Ds1-3. Nioh, bloodborn, sekiro. This is the best one. This isn't a souls clone. This is ninja gaiden, with rpg elements. And it's amazing.
  53. Mar 26, 2020
    Might be my favorite souls type game of all time. So much fun and the build options are incredibly deep.
  54. Mar 25, 2020
    Nioh 2 does everything a sequel should do, Improve over the fundations and add more, Honestly people that say "oh is just more nIoh or Is just another soulsborne game" Don t have any idea of what the heck are they talking about. Granted A 10 out 10 perhaps is way to high but that game is that good, is more balanced than the 1st one that also means is Easier and now is more easy toNioh 2 does everything a sequel should do, Improve over the fundations and add more, Honestly people that say "oh is just more nIoh or Is just another soulsborne game" Don t have any idea of what the heck are they talking about. Granted A 10 out 10 perhaps is way to high but that game is that good, is more balanced than the 1st one that also means is Easier and now is more easy to understand what stats, description and all Percentage on skills actually do, Give it a try. My main complain is that Team ninja leave out a lot of stuff nioh 1 added with their dlcs and now they are doing it again, There are only 2 difficulties settings instead of the 6 that you get by playing Nioh 1 complete, Thats it. Yes is MORE NIOH but thats what a sequel DoES, Megaman 2 was more megaman but better, Kingdom hearts 2 was KH but way better bigger and polished and so on. Expand
  55. Mar 20, 2020
    Improves on the first game and has a amazing character creator this time around, also let's you play with up to 3 players instead of 2.
  56. Mar 22, 2020
    I have been playing it since 13/3, its 10 out of 10 for me. Although I didn't play any solo myself, I mainly play missions on multiplayer, its pretty fun and even more challenge than solo. Some people have complained that bosses are hard because they do not realise that they need to use all items, tools and magic. There are some items to let bosses weaken, slowed, powerless. There are someI have been playing it since 13/3, its 10 out of 10 for me. Although I didn't play any solo myself, I mainly play missions on multiplayer, its pretty fun and even more challenge than solo. Some people have complained that bosses are hard because they do not realise that they need to use all items, tools and magic. There are some items to let bosses weaken, slowed, powerless. There are some magic to let you power up, limit it damage, get one more chance of survival etc. I think I am gonna be occupied by this game for a while. Expand
  57. Mar 26, 2020
    This is one of the best games I've ever played... I'm not a giant dark souls fan, and haven't yet beat sekiro... But so far I'm liking this a lot... I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys a challenge, its not too hard as long as you actually spend time learning the mechanics properly.
  58. Mar 23, 2020
    The game is honestly an improvement from the first one with the creation of your character, the amount of weapons, combos etc also the coop is amazing as you can play the whole game with 3 players while collecting every item and have the same progress.

I recommend this game for people who don't like the souls type games it's really fun and enjoyable you just need to be patient and find the perfect weapon for you the game also teaches you everything you need to know.
  59. Mar 25, 2020
    A righteous sequel from the first Nioh
    The combat is miles ahead of what soulborne offers but the story still pretty mediocre and there no sense of exploration on the maps and missions
    The depth of the combat and items management is pretty intense and fan though. So let's talk about the difficulty I have seen a lot of people complaining about it being too difficult and unforgivable but
    A righteous sequel from the first Nioh
    The depth of the combat and items management is pretty intense and fan though.

So let's talk about the difficulty
    I have seen a lot of people complaining about it being too difficult and unforgivable but that is due to people trying to play this game like dark souls.
    It is not a from software game, do not go play this game thinking that you are playing the same type of game, it is more similar to an action character game than a soulborne game .
    and it's pretty satisfying after you get the grips of how it works.
  60. Mar 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A must for every Samurai fan out there. Great combat. Responsive controls, beautifully designed levels and enemies. Expand
  61. Mar 13, 2020
    Another exciting game from the team ninja, the game has grown well than the first version, the gameplay retains the original version but has a lot of functionality added, the game has many new mechanics that these skills in The flow of the game is achieved, the narrative story of the game has enough appeal and charm, and also the good music of the game as a strength.
  62. Mar 13, 2020
    After spending a ton of time in the first game and getting to max level 750, I’m happy to say that this game is far better. The graphics, sound and gameplay including fluidity of movements is amazing and much improved. I understand what people are saying about the dark realm and how hard (unfair) if can be, you just have to be more offensive and use you Yokai skills. You will dieAfter spending a ton of time in the first game and getting to max level 750, I’m happy to say that this game is far better. The graphics, sound and gameplay including fluidity of movements is amazing and much improved. I understand what people are saying about the dark realm and how hard (unfair) if can be, you just have to be more offensive and use you Yokai skills. You will die defensively. Don’t forget you can now summon NPCs with Ochoko cups to assist in sticky points. The game is hard but all of the new gameplay elements offset that hardness once you know how to use them. Highly recommended if you are a fan of the first game. No doubt there will be some awesome DLC and updates in the future. Expand
  63. Mar 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nossa nunca vi um jogo tão incrivel como a franquia Nioh conserteza Sekiro se inspirou em nioh pra ser um jogo daquele e conserteza ghost of tishuchima vai ter oque puxar . Consereteza THe last of us 2 sera 98 + Porque so a sony sabe fazer jogos incriveis diferente da microsoft e nintendo que so traz porcaria pro mercado playstation wins 98+ The last of us 2 #Ellie lesbica sony wins Expand
  64. Mar 24, 2020
    People keep saying, 'I beat dark souls, bloodborne,' but this game is just too hard; they are lying! If you can beat any Soulsborne games you can handle this and will love it! They really took some of the best elements of many of the games and the multiplayer is quick and easy. Don't believe the reviews. It is shameful that someone would disrespect the team that made this just becausePeople keep saying, 'I beat dark souls, bloodborne,' but this game is just too hard; they are lying! If you can beat any Soulsborne games you can handle this and will love it! They really took some of the best elements of many of the games and the multiplayer is quick and easy. Don't believe the reviews. It is shameful that someone would disrespect the team that made this just because you can't get gud. Love all of the customization and refinements they did over the first game. If you are a fan of the first get it for sure; people also say it's not much different or improved-more lies! Expand
  65. Mar 24, 2020
    The combat is the best is the Soulsborne genre. Incredibly in depth and fun. A must play for any hardcore Souls fan.
  66. Mar 20, 2020
    As someone who beat nioh one i say that the improvements are a welcome change! The game is harder, but there is reward in fighting some of the bosses and its not impossible, as someone who beat all the sekirodarkborne franchise, i happily say buy this game!
  67. Mar 20, 2020
    I really enjoyed the first Nioh and love the Soulsborne series. I thought they really ramped up the difficulty until after getting past boss #3 I think. I swear that level scaled with your level even though it had a very low recommended level and made me dread things to come. Luckily, it became challenging but not overwhelmingly difficult once you passed that zone. While I haven't finishedI really enjoyed the first Nioh and love the Soulsborne series. I thought they really ramped up the difficulty until after getting past boss #3 I think. I swear that level scaled with your level even though it had a very low recommended level and made me dread things to come. Luckily, it became challenging but not overwhelmingly difficult once you passed that zone. While I haven't finished the game (Some of the main missions are very long without dying), I can't stop playing when I'm off work.

Great music, atmosphere, new skill changes, and story if you like that in these type of games. Giving a 10/10 for gameplay, sound, multiplayer and customization. The only thing that is kind of disappointing is the Yokai are the basically the same as the first game with a few additions.

So for those who claim it's too hard, be patient and it gets better. The beginning is harder than the rest of the game. Like most games, you start as a weakling and later achieve god-like status.
  68. Mar 20, 2020
    Like Nioh 1 but more polished. Fantastic game, also the creations of the characters is impresive . If you like samurais this is your game.
  69. Mar 21, 2020
    Closest to soulsbourne by far. Better than codevein , combat mechanics and weapons are hit gameplay
  70. Mar 25, 2020
    Just as great as the predecessor! Team Ninja is a master in this kind of game!
    Stunning in all aspects, more weapons, more yokai and another complicated story. Technically perfect and most important of all, VERY AMUSING, and not frustrating like other games of this kind.
    I think From Software should have a lesson from them!
  71. Mar 24, 2020
    Really immersive and deep gaming experience. A breath of fresh air compared to the most run n gun games.
  72. Mar 25, 2020
    The gameplay is fabulous, the variety of enemies, abilities, and the difficulty increase compared to Nioh.
  73. Apr 4, 2020
    This game is HUGE. There is so much content, so much to do. As for the game itself, there is a short learning curve but the mechanic becomes second-nature and as hugely satisfying as anything in the Dark Souls universe. Plus the boss fights are truly fair — challenging but not petty and infuriating. I am loving this game.
  74. Apr 2, 2020
    Nioh and Nioh 2 are for me the best games I have ever played and I can say I'm not the youngest here since I started playing games in the 80s. These series are kind of underrated games if you look at their popularity but I'm sure players who really look deeper at games and who don't let fool themselves by big marketing campaigns or think that the company logo makes a game already betterNioh and Nioh 2 are for me the best games I have ever played and I can say I'm not the youngest here since I started playing games in the 80s. These series are kind of underrated games if you look at their popularity but I'm sure players who really look deeper at games and who don't let fool themselves by big marketing campaigns or think that the company logo makes a game already better than the rest are going to enjoy this game a lot.

Some people say Nioh 2 is a copy of Nioh 1, well, those people are undoubtedly judging a book by its cover, because Nioh is a game that has such a deepness and so much work you will need to play it really deeply to know how much of the game has changed and improved in this sequel (actually prequel storywise). Again, some people tend to judge this game way too quickly and that only speaks bad for them and not for the game.

Nioh 2 does indeed have a lot of Nioh 1 inside but that's because Nioh players really liked the first part and it only serves as a foundation to release an improved game over a game that was already near perfect. And of course a lot of new things were added and some major changes took place with the inclusion of the new yokai mode, the dark realm, the possibility to play missions only with two more players, the blue revenants, two new weapons, mixing of soul cores with guardian spirits, new enemies, new bosses and of course new settings to 90% of its content.

If you are a smart player with a minimum of intelligence and you're able to make your own opinion about things I'm sure you'll definitely enjoy this game and see further than just the book cover ;)
  75. Apr 3, 2020
    I'm not fan of first episode but this one is incredible good. I can recommend it for every soulsborne fan.
  76. Apr 5, 2020
    Everything that I had an issue with from the first has been fixed, the new Yokai are beast, and the soul core and transformation system kicks ass!? I love it!
  77. Apr 5, 2020
    Greatest game of nioh series ; cool graphics , awesome story , good AI level & attractive gameplay
  78. Apr 7, 2020
    Loved number 1 and loving number 2 even more. Story great, plenty of fighting and action also the game has improved on its flaws from number one would HIGHLY recommend.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 76 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 30, 2020
    Nioh 2 takes the formula laid out by other soulslike games and manages to improve it at almost every turn. The game is both uniquely challenging and while still having the same addicting quality of other games in the genre. The addition of mechanics like the Yokai Shift manage to set Nioh 2 apart from the pack and add a layer of combat not seen in similar titles. Veterans and newcomers to the soulslike genre alike will get be able to squeeze dozens of hours out of Nioh 2.
  2. Mar 30, 2020
    With most games I have enjoyed, I have had no problem taking breaks and doing other activities, but all I ever wanted to do since picking up Nioh 2 was play Nioh 2. For a game with this much customization and depth to have all of its parts work so seamlessly together is a feat worthy of the highest praise. The only thing holding Nioh 2 back is the mediocre soundtrack and thin veneer of a story. I cannot wait to get lost in the DLC to come. Kudos to you, Team Ninja, for building intelligently on what you created in the first Nioh.
  3. Mar 27, 2020
    Nioh 2 offers best in class combat but suffers from an overwhelming number of upgrade systems and a story that is utterly incoherent.