8.2

1. Aug 23, 2019
    Simply put, the game has surpassed what it originally promised but not delivered on launch. Perhaps it's more akin to what one would have expected from an early access game that moved on to a ''live service'' model. The game has actually become one of the best examples of this genre and perhaps the best example for the industry of what to avoid and what to follow.
    I think it's uniquely
    I think it's uniquely impressive to see the quality and quantity of meaningful content coming out of a really small indie studio showing money isn't everything in development and putting 3A titles to shame. Whatever their next endeavour is, I look forward to it. After all, many 3A studios have done far more egregious things with titles that never reach any level of redemption.
    As a sandbox/build/explore/fight/survive type game it certainly offers a lot in every area and is now visually truly beautiful. As the main reason the game appealed to me was the ''chilled exploration'', it's visual artwork is something I truly appreciate along with the ability to endlessly discover new and unique and some times quite exciting looking planets.
  2. Aug 14, 2019
    A great has gotten better, and the VR mode is mind blowing! Yes, the game is a little buggy right now, but that'll be ironed out in a few days
  3. Aug 15, 2019
    A really good game made great with Vr. Graphics are a bit blurry but its expected from a ps4 OG. The immersion is fantastic.
  4. Aug 16, 2019
    This is the biggest redemption game. It started out so poorly, letting everyone who bought it down. But the developers refused to let their game die, and fixed every problem with it. And constantly pushed out large free DLC completely changing the game. They completely changed everything and gave us exactly the game we wanted.
    These Devs have my full respect.
  5. Sep 9, 2019
    When this game first released years ago, I will admit I was a Day One purchaser. I didn't regret it then because no game had ever introduced us to fluid space flight, going from planet to space, with no loading screen. I had a tear in my eye departing my first planet.

The game has simply gotten better, but I will never forget the first feeling of leaving a planet in my ship. The new VR mode definitely comes close to replicating the true exploration-driven theme. Everything looks massive now! It's awesome.
  6. Aug 30, 2019
    If you have VR, you need this game!
    It's exactly the chilled, boundless exploration experience I've been after ever since I bought PSVR...
    The comfort options available should keep almost everyone happy (I don't do well with VR locomotion but I've had a few 5 hour sessions without ill feelings). The VR and non-VR additions / enhancements to the game over the past 3 years (and the
    If you have VR, you need this game!
    The VR and non-VR additions / enhancements to the game over the past 3 years (and the passage of time) will dictate that you start afresh but in doing so, you get the full experience at the pace you're meant to absorb it.
    The non-VR additions have fleshed out the single player and multiplayer gameplay into bigger and more varied experiences and are worth returning for, even if you don't have VR.

There have been bugs but Hello Games have been quick and diligent to address them.
    The VR mode is blurry (even on the Pro) but it doesn't detract from the experience too much.
    Despite all the hate they have received, HG have continued to work at this with little to no income stream (PS4) to produce a game that surpassed it's original goals by a long way.
    A Pro Patch (to reduce the blurriness) would knock my score up to 10.
  7. Sep 8, 2019
    Now that's a good game. Después del timo y robo que hicieron con los que compramos el juego de salida, ahora se dignan de hacer algo bueno, y oh sorpresa, el juego esta lejos de ser la mierda de hace cuando salio, pero sigue sin ser lo meior del mundo como prometieron, aun así se agradece.
  8. Aug 18, 2019
    Despite some bugs, it is still amazing how Hello Games keep developing this beautifull game. They deserve much love and certainly a medal of true determination.
  9. Aug 17, 2019
    I’ll be brief, No mans sky started off as a half realized dream, the path to Beyond has taken it in place both shown in the infamous E3 trailer and some places no one expected it to go.

To me, Beyond is the 1.0, the actualization of at least the majority of the original commitments and it does that well. It’s an amazing experience and it still even now is barely scrapping the surface of the potential it has.

I won’t list everything here that makes it awesome, sufficient to say if the E3 trailer intrigued you, Beyond will deliver.

One parting note, one thing that I feel was kinda underserved in light of all the additional features is:

Biodiversity, ecology, threat and planetary variation such as volcanos, waterfalls etc.

Would love to see the next update really driver on Fauna, Flora, variety and discovery as well as threats that are more meaningful and more planet specific than the sentinels
  10. Aug 17, 2019
    Launch wasn't very good. They quickly released a patch to address the crashing issues (which were very frequent for me, and others by the sounds of it). The patch also seems to have increased the framerate in the anomaly hub too, which was really bad before and where most of my crashes occured.
    Unfortunately they haven't fixed an issue with galactic trade terminals being lowered to the corner where the wall touches the floor, its very annoying to have this on both my freighter and my bases - removing them and trying to place them again doesn't help.
    VR controls in ships are hard to get used to, it would be nice to have the right move controller pointing straight up like a joystick would be, instead of how they want you to grab it pointing the move stick forward - I've tried grabbing it with the move controller pointing straight up and it doesn't work well at all.
    For some reason it doesn't look like there is any way to use boost in exosuits in VR mode :( would have been nice to really go zipping around in my pilgrim.
  11. Aug 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All was will be my favourite video game ever it's just amazing how I get to play in a universal thank you hello games and sean murray for making me happy everytime I pick up my controller to play this god bless you all Expand
  12. Aug 20, 2019
    Has certainly gone beyond expectations. Core gameplay loop is still the same, but there's just so much to do, when you reach the point of "meh, seen it all", you have spent over 200hours on this. And you will NOT have seen it all.
  13. Sep 9, 2019
    Game has gotten so much better. For everyone thinking about playing it again, definitely give it a shot. Todally worth it!
  14. Sep 10, 2019
    The most relaxing, calming and visually beautiful game. The music, the ability to get lost in space exploration and base building is top notch. 100 hours in and still learning and discovering more about the game and it’s mechan.
  15. Sep 16, 2019
    I’ve been playing this game since launch. I’ve read all the negativity around this game since the beginning. I’ve never understood the negativity regarding this game as even at launch I really enjoyed the game. No other space game gives u that sense of being in space all alone isolated. Since the games had all its updates the game has got better and better to the point where every updatedI’ve been playing this game since launch. I’ve read all the negativity around this game since the beginning. I’ve never understood the negativity regarding this game as even at launch I really enjoyed the game. No other space game gives u that sense of being in space all alone isolated. Since the games had all its updates the game has got better and better to the point where every updated is now celebrated with great anticipation. People that persist on giving this game negative feed back are the same type of players that just jump on the latest popular bandwagon then abandon when the next ride comes along. This game is for the long haul. Also no mans sky boasts the greatest gaming community ever. U will never find such a great community else where. Greatest hyped game to greatest comeback in gaming history. A must buy game. Expand

1. Sep 14, 2019
    No Man’s Sky, now in its third year, has vastly improved in virtually every way, from the number and scale of things you can build alone or with friends to the story and progression. But in its heart still beats a vicious grind and painful monotony that’s difficult to swallow even with all the new content and quality-of-life improvements. Even so, it’s easy to be drawn to its addictive ecosystem of upgrades and exploration, and with functional multiplayer and VR capabilities in play there’s a lot to love about this space-faring exploration adventure.
  2. Sep 12, 2019
    Sony has sold millions of its PlayStation VR headsets and until now it’s been tough to recommend one experience as a killer app. Soulful, technically proficient and at times almost tearfully beautiful, No Man’s Sky Beyond is as close as we’ll get.
  3. Sep 8, 2019
    The drastic improvements made to No Man’s Sky in its Beyond expansion are the new gold standard for how to gracefully cope with a game’s flaws post-release. The game laid the foundation with its release, but it took Beyond to elevate it into something magnificent. Successfully transitioning to VR is a creative victory on its own, but realizing just how full and vibrant and rewarding an experience this game has now become is almost poignant. Beyond represents the courage of convictions, a concept that has not only met the lofty expectations it set forth, but transcended them.