6.5

1. Jun 30, 2016
    This game is by far the worst game I have ever played. The timings of the landings are completely unnatural and just reeks of a browser game done wrong.

Even for free with PS+ it is utter turd. I am thinking I might let my sub run out so I can remove the anal discharge stain from my list of games.
  2. May 5, 2015
    The game is great to play, especially to eat up time. A side scrolling game where I often get confused with the controls. I failed tooooo many times, but I still love this game. I definitely recommend it.
  3. May 7, 2015
    It wasn't even okay for being a "free" "indie" game. It commits many of the indie game sins and because of that, it's a forgettable and boring game. This is something I would expect from a Java browser game labeled as a timewaster, not a critically acclaimed game for a current generation console, and costing money at that.

CONTROLS: They're very basic to begin with, but the trick

CONTROLS: They're very basic to begin with, but the trick controls are real finnicky on timing (I have to push a button to "Land"? Okay...) to where it seems more luck-based than actually skillful timing of the trick. Which tends to lead me towards button mashing than actually playing the game. I passed the controller off to two friends who were critiquing my gameplay, and found them falling into the same pitfalls.

OVERALL? 2D Sidescrolling, Pixel Art, Minimalist Design, and Simple Gameplay. These are signs of an "Indie" game, and in order to overcome shortfalls in graphics, depth and visual experience, the gameplay has to be top-notch. Which Olli Olli 2 isn't. Better suited to wasting time at work in a browser game if you can't use your phone. Because I would rather play "smartphone" games like old Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games, XCOM, Shadowrun, or Baldur's Gate. Leave the "nostalgia" feel for the actually nostalgic video games.
  4. Mar 10, 2015
    This is one of the most addictive games I've played since I first played Trials HD and one of the better PS+ titles. I can't believe people on here saying the controls are unresponsive, and rating the game at 1 and 0! The controls are tight and work exactly as intended. Anyone who thinks otherwise and immediately writes the game off while coming on here to post a scathing negative reviewThis is one of the most addictive games I've played since I first played Trials HD and one of the better PS+ titles. I can't believe people on here saying the controls are unresponsive, and rating the game at 1 and 0! The controls are tight and work exactly as intended. Anyone who thinks otherwise and immediately writes the game off while coming on here to post a scathing negative review is a fool! If you take a few hours and practice the control scheme and get the hang of it, it is tons of fun. I highly recommend it! Don't listen to the numb skull people who played the game for 15 minutes and think they have enough knowledge about it to come on here and give it a 1. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2015
    It's OK... but people are going seriously overboard about it. It's certainly worth downloading for free, and the challenge of mastering the mechanics of the game and getting the split second timing down is enjoyable.

But is this game a 10? Absolutely not! It's not a masterpiece of gaming by any measure you care to use. It's not even in the top five skateboarding games I've ever played. This is a typical instance of people overrating something because they're desperate to justify owning it, rather than looking at it on it's own merits.

It's an indie game, so graphics are unimportant to me, but to mention them quickly - they're functional. They get the job done. Controls are OK, sometimes feeling unresponsive at random points, which is strange as it isn't due to lag or anything I can see; the game just seems to ignore commands every so often. The soundtrack is bang average - actually, there you go, that's the review - bang average.

There are better indie games on the PS4 already - this title is effectively a solid flash game that ported to a console. Enjoy it for 15 minutes or so for free, after that you'll know if you want another hour or so out of it or you want to uninstall.
  6. Mar 4, 2015
    This is an amazing game, excellent levels, good game-play, beautiful graphics, excellent soundtrack, addictive and rej-oinable to try to get every challenges. No words
  7. Apr 8, 2015
    I'm quite surprised of the high scores this game is getting from reviewers. At it's core, the game is a simple side scrolling skating game, with limited amount of tricks, but a huge amount of maps. It's not a bad game per se, but it just gets very old very fast.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a strong proponent of retro side scrollers, and I used to devour Tony Hawk's when they were still cool. The problem I have with this game is multifaceted. The most important one are the controls. The game does require a very precise timing to land all the tricks, but at least to me, the controls don't feel crisp enough to achieve this. There's just something off with the visual cues, controller input and whether or not you're successful in landing a jump to a point where luck seems to be involved more than skill. This particularly frustrating with landing a manual, where half the time you're on point, and half the time not for no apparent reason.

Secondly, while there are a great amount of maps available, it doesn't alleviate the feeling of repetitiveness in the game.

Bottom line, like someone before me mentioned, this game is at it's best when I start to feel like rummaging through the old boxes and fire up a Tony Hawk's for an evening or too. Your mileage may vary.
  8. Mar 21, 2015
    The fact this got more than a 6 user or critic score is really making me lose respect for 'ratings' of PS4 games. It's like people give it an 8+ to validate the money on their PS+ subscription. How can a 2D skateboarding game be any more fun than those internet java flash games you used to play when you were like 10 before you had a console? I can't tell you why it's bad, just look at itThe fact this got more than a 6 user or critic score is really making me lose respect for 'ratings' of PS4 games. It's like people give it an 8+ to validate the money on their PS+ subscription. How can a 2D skateboarding game be any more fun than those internet java flash games you used to play when you were like 10 before you had a console? I can't tell you why it's bad, just look at it and think. Or just play Tony Hawks. Expand
  9. Mar 7, 2015
    I didn't know what to expect going in besides the fact I would be skateboarding. To my surprise, this is one of the best games I've played on a next gen console and by far (besides maybe transistor) the best free ps plus game. I found my self ADDICTED. Starting out thinking it was a challenging game, I noticed myself landing 70x combos hours later. Even without the ps+ free offer. It'sI didn't know what to expect going in besides the fact I would be skateboarding. To my surprise, this is one of the best games I've played on a next gen console and by far (besides maybe transistor) the best free ps plus game. I found my self ADDICTED. Starting out thinking it was a challenging game, I noticed myself landing 70x combos hours later. Even without the ps+ free offer. It's worth every penny. A MUST HAVE. Expand
  10. Mar 17, 2015
    I always had been curious about this game. I had seen my favourite Youtubers play the original OlliOlli, and I was quite interested by the gameplay mechanics. Fortunately, OlliOlli 2 is a thrilling game with a fantastic control scheme. Yes, the game is quite challenging however it can be genuinely satisfying and rewarding at times. I feel that these three words can describe OlliOlli 2.I always had been curious about this game. I had seen my favourite Youtubers play the original OlliOlli, and I was quite interested by the gameplay mechanics. Fortunately, OlliOlli 2 is a thrilling game with a fantastic control scheme. Yes, the game is quite challenging however it can be genuinely satisfying and rewarding at times. I feel that these three words can describe OlliOlli 2. Beautiful, fun and challenging. The graphics and music of OlliOlli 2 are superb. The sound effects were also impressive. There is quite a bit to do in OlliOlli 2, however I think they should have added a level creator mode and an endurance mode. Apart from that, Olli Olli 2 is a fantastic game. I would definitely recommend you to get this game providing how cheap it is. Expand
  11. Mar 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We’ve always been big fans of skateboarding games, so we were really excited to get our hands on OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood. OlliOlli2 is an indie title for both the PS4 and PSVita developed by Roll7. The basic goal of the game is to get the best possible score at the end of each run by doing tricks and combos. Also by scoring extra points by completing challenges.

Each trick/combo is scored from a selection of ratings ,ranging from sloppy to sick, depending on how well you land the trick or combo. This is where things get frustrating, if your timing isn’t on point then the whole score of the trick will be brought down by the landing. This also makes the game addictive because we found ourselves constantly replaying the run trying to perfect the trick/combo. The difficulty of the game progressively gets harder as you progress through the levels in the game, starting from amateur and going pro. The challenges get harder and the surfaces become less flat, with more objects and obstacles that you need to get over by performing tricks. The levels alter from a variety of worlds making the game feel less repetitive as you face different obstacles that require you to learn new tricks in order to get over.

Gameplay is hard, the controls are easy but trying to get to grips with them to learn the extensive number of tricks can be quite difficult. There is a list of all the tricks, and theres a lot of them, in the Tricktionary which you can easily access through the pause menu. There are 27 trophy to achieve in this game, ranging from some pretty easy ones to more difficult ones that require some skill.

Even though this game did frustrate us at times with the seem less impossible challenges, the music does a great job of keeping you calm. This game looks and sounds fantastic. The music goes great with the gameplay and creates a cool, chilled atmosphere which is greatly accompanied by the visuals. The visuals are an improvement from the first OlliOlli, they’re a lot more slicker and with it’s vibrant and colourful backgrounds, the game looks retro inspired.
  12. Mar 8, 2015
    A pleasant surprise for me, given that I have not heard of this one before I seen it available as a free game for PlayStation Plus members. A very good looking game, gameplay itself is amazing and very smooth. However, like most skating games, controls are virtually impossible to truly "master". Errors will occur often. Really my only complaint about this one, I am enjoying this one rightA pleasant surprise for me, given that I have not heard of this one before I seen it available as a free game for PlayStation Plus members. A very good looking game, gameplay itself is amazing and very smooth. However, like most skating games, controls are virtually impossible to truly "master". Errors will occur often. Really my only complaint about this one, I am enjoying this one right now as a time killer and something to throw on and have some fun. Expand
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    I can honeetly say that this game was one of the few games I didn't even know existed until it was free on PS Plus. When I did get it, however, I thought it was a decent game. Its hard as hell, but that makes me love it even more.
  14. Mar 7, 2015
    Enjoyable game but reaction time and controls are awful. A good game for IOS or ANDROID but I think this game is just not suitable for PS4 controls. Apart from it, you can play it for 1-2 hours as a snack nad it is free in PS+
  15. Mar 6, 2015
    I had a terrible experience playing this free PS4 game for a few minutes. I uninstalled the game after five minutes of play. The controls were obscure and unresponsive. When you have played some Tony Hawk skating games, it's hard to go back to such experience. I am glad to see here that some people enjoy it. Good for them.
  16. Mar 17, 2015
    Terrible/unresponsive controls. Boring gameplay. I dont see why they even made a sequel the original was bad as well. Definitely shovelware for Sony's "free" game program
  17. Mar 11, 2015
    Good game and great music. This is extremely tough, though so be warned...
    The graphics are pretty nice and it is fluid. I doubt I'll be able to complete the levels on super hard, but that won't stop me trying.
  18. May 30, 2015
    Don't get me wrong, I **** love this game, but the game is broken BEYOND BELIEF. The controls are broken, I cannot even count how many times I tried to grind but the game doesn't register, or attempt to manual but instead just land.
    If you can get past broken controls, get it, if not, don't bother.
  19. Apr 22, 2015
    A nice minimalist look, but uninteresting, and very repetitive. I gave it a go for 5 mins, and lost interest and deleted. Would have been sorely disappointed if it wasn't free. Maybe should have played longer to get a better feel, but from reading description and other's comments, I would only have been wasting my time.
  20. Mar 8, 2015
    I'm getting tired of writing reviews for poor games. Looking over my past history of reviews anyone would think I hated games. But that is not the case. I grew up through the 80's and 90's, starting out playing BBC micro games, Commodore, Spectrum and progressing to Amiga. Then NES, Master System, SNES, Mega Drive right through all the modern consoles up to PS4. I love games, but latelyI'm getting tired of writing reviews for poor games. Looking over my past history of reviews anyone would think I hated games. But that is not the case. I grew up through the 80's and 90's, starting out playing BBC micro games, Commodore, Spectrum and progressing to Amiga. Then NES, Master System, SNES, Mega Drive right through all the modern consoles up to PS4. I love games, but lately the games ps+ have been releasing have been utterly dreadful.

OllieOllie 2 is just dull. I played for around 20 minutes before I was so bored I switched off and uninstalled the game. The graphics are bland, the music is plain and the controls are awful. The game is a side scrolling Tony Hawks (but no where near as good as Tony Hawks, take away all the fun from Tony Hawks then you have Ollie Ollie). -Side Note: Please ignore the last remark. This crap is nothing like Tony Hawks and I apologise for comparing this wet turn to a masterpiece. -

So, you go along a basic tracks performing the same tricks and grinds until you reach the end of the course and really if there is anything to offer after that I don't care. The presentation is so bad I have no desire to turn on the game again. This is a bad sign.

PS+ keep getting it wrong, this whole new generation have got it wrong. Many of the games are re-mastered ps3 games and the exclusives have been terrible. The ps4 has become an indie machine and many of the games that are given away each month are crappy little games like this. Sony really need to sort it out next month because I'm seriously thinking about selling the PS4 and buying a decent PC. This game is that bad that I am considering ending my gaming with PlayStation. It's that serious.

Avoid this game at all costs.
  21. Mar 6, 2015
    Gameplay is very strong in this one. While the game is immensely challenging, new tricks aren't hard to learn, so you rarely feel cheated. 'Career' mode's pace is awesome. You go from trying to land perfecty to doing entire levels in a single combo to doing so in crazy cinematic style, fitting a 'revert manual' or a 'grind-switch' in every piece of the level for that impossible highscore.Gameplay is very strong in this one. While the game is immensely challenging, new tricks aren't hard to learn, so you rarely feel cheated. 'Career' mode's pace is awesome. You go from trying to land perfecty to doing entire levels in a single combo to doing so in crazy cinematic style, fitting a 'revert manual' or a 'grind-switch' in every piece of the level for that impossible highscore. Game is also a 2d treat to the eyes. Expand
  22. Mar 24, 2015
    I'm tired seriously stupid indie game. Similarly, seriously, how the game is going to give that **** to me? 15 minutes? Select the AAA games is more than 3 hours! Game is bad! Waste of time 0 out 10
  23. May 11, 2015
    I don't understand any of these low idiot user reviews for this game. They make no sense. Trust me, it's a great game - especially for fans of either the Trials or Tony Hawk series.
  24. Mar 26, 2015
    It always amazes me that people rate games based off how it didn't meet their misguided expectations. OlliOlli is truly a delight to play. It's an entry in the endless runner genre with a skateboarding twist. The controls are actually quite complex and the constant negative comparisons to Tony Hawk games are absolutely silly. I didn't even think of Tony Hawk when I started playing thisIt always amazes me that people rate games based off how it didn't meet their misguided expectations. OlliOlli is truly a delight to play. It's an entry in the endless runner genre with a skateboarding twist. The controls are actually quite complex and the constant negative comparisons to Tony Hawk games are absolutely silly. I didn't even think of Tony Hawk when I started playing this game, I immediately got a Bit Runner vibe. This game absolutely proves you can pull off a fun skateboarding game in 2D. The only reason I docked it a point is the music isn't very well selected overall. There is one track in particular that actually made me think my headphones were partially disconnected. It was absolutely dreadful. Other than that, awesome game. Expand
  25. Nov 6, 2015
    Trust me, if you feel like there is a mass lack of skating games on the new consoles, then you're in luck, because this game will definitely fill you without disappointment. It's fast paced, very arcade-like. It looks great, the music is amazing, and it's just a whole lot of fun to play. There isn't too much variety, which is why this game is down 2 points for me, but it's definitely aTrust me, if you feel like there is a mass lack of skating games on the new consoles, then you're in luck, because this game will definitely fill you without disappointment. It's fast paced, very arcade-like. It looks great, the music is amazing, and it's just a whole lot of fun to play. There isn't too much variety, which is why this game is down 2 points for me, but it's definitely a whole lot of fun to play. Expand
  26. Mar 18, 2015
    Как только объявили мартовский плюс, я пождумал, что нам дали очередной инди-высер (конечно не считая Valiant Hearts). Но, поиграв в Oli Oli 2, я убедился, что не все так плохо. Разнообразие трюков,трасс, соревнований, уровней сложностей - все меня порадовало. да, сюжета здесь толком нет, но разрабы умудрились сделать игру, которая может отвлечь тебя на некоторое время. Не знаю, стоит лиКак только объявили мартовский плюс, я пождумал, что нам дали очередной инди-высер (конечно не считая Valiant Hearts). Но, поиграв в Oli Oli 2, я убедился, что не все так плохо. Разнообразие трюков,трасс, соревнований, уровней сложностей - все меня порадовало. да, сюжета здесь толком нет, но разрабы умудрились сделать игру, которая может отвлечь тебя на некоторое время. Не знаю, стоит ли тратить на нее 100 или 300 рублей, но бесплатно поиграть точно стоит Expand
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    If you were a fan of the "Skate" franchise or "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" ,OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood will be perfect for you. It brings back the stick controls of skate and the Fun/Addictiveness of the Pro Skater games. It's also a great sequel, It's pretty much a improvement on every aspect of the previous game. Each level has great flow to it with a mix of obstacles and bonuses to aimIf you were a fan of the "Skate" franchise or "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" ,OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood will be perfect for you. It brings back the stick controls of skate and the Fun/Addictiveness of the Pro Skater games. It's also a great sequel, It's pretty much a improvement on every aspect of the previous game. Each level has great flow to it with a mix of obstacles and bonuses to aim for, some doubling your points or speed but can also lead to you face planting into the ground. The quick and addictive game-play of OlliOlli is what keeps you playing for hours without realizing it, The controls are easy to learn but hard to master, but once you start pulling off even the smallest of combos you feel very accomplished.
    The level design is quite diverse with themes ranging: Cites,Ancient Ruins,Wild West and other things to experience yourself. But it's great to skate in more places then just a city, the more extreme feels give the game a fun arcade feel.
    If you have PS+ this month I highly recommend you give this game a try and even if you don't or miss the offer I still urge any skateboard fan to give this game a try, I can assure you will become addicted.
  28. Mar 20, 2015
    It's a side-scrolling skating game. Pretty challenging and fun for a bit, but gets old fast. Mainly made me want to play an old Tony Hawk pro skater game.
  29. Mar 21, 2015
    Fantastic and addicting game. It takes a while to get used to the controls but once you get the hang of it this game is a blast. One of the best games to come out so far this year. If you have PS Plus (which you should) this game is free for March 2015!
  30. Mar 16, 2015
    Im going to rewrite my review caz of my big ego.(i dont want people to think i suck at gaming) im the guy that maxd rayman legends the 3rd day had, and gets the occasional diamond cup in challenges. Platinumed demon souls and dead space 2. Master ninjad gaiden. Beaten 1000s of games. Ok thars the picture. Yes i can do a perfect run in this. So the controls are precise. They are however wayIm going to rewrite my review caz of my big ego.(i dont want people to think i suck at gaming) im the guy that maxd rayman legends the 3rd day had, and gets the occasional diamond cup in challenges. Platinumed demon souls and dead space 2. Master ninjad gaiden. Beaten 1000s of games. Ok thars the picture. Yes i can do a perfect run in this. So the controls are precise. They are however way too much work for nothing. Im with leventguller reaction time sucks. maybe if it were on something else. It just isnt built for ps4 controller. it reminds me more of a platform game than skating game anyhow just throwing that in there. Oh yea i haven't played tony hawk in years but if remember right u Couldn't get away with mashing buttons. Idk just feel like i should of passed on this not really ripped off, just meh. Expand
  31. Mar 8, 2015
    I'm kind of mind blow by some of the bad reviews that this game is getting. I'll just say right away if you're into button mashing games like tony hawk then this will not be for you. I would put OlliOlli2 closer to skate in comparison of controls. You use the Left analog to execute many of your moves. Triggers will control spins and special grinds much like skate. They blend some of theI'm kind of mind blow by some of the bad reviews that this game is getting. I'll just say right away if you're into button mashing games like tony hawk then this will not be for you. I would put OlliOlli2 closer to skate in comparison of controls. You use the Left analog to execute many of your moves. Triggers will control spins and special grinds much like skate. They blend some of the trick options from skate and have goals similar to tony hawk where you have to collect the items, land certain tricks, go for points ect. For 20$ I ensure you'll get your moneys worth in play time. For ps plus subscribers this is def. a must have for your ps4 or vita Expand
  32. Apr 6, 2015
    This game is alright, the approach is cool to the skating genre of games, but if you're like me, and you are used to the Skate franchise and how the skating mechanics are in that game, good luck forgetting that and learning these mechanics, i often find myself grinding when i mean to manual, and manualing when i mean to grind. it is a huge learning curve to overcome if you're used to theThis game is alright, the approach is cool to the skating genre of games, but if you're like me, and you are used to the Skate franchise and how the skating mechanics are in that game, good luck forgetting that and learning these mechanics, i often find myself grinding when i mean to manual, and manualing when i mean to grind. it is a huge learning curve to overcome if you're used to the Skate franchise's mechanics, not to mention you have to hit the X Button every time that you want to land, which gets annoying and trivial a lot of the time, because i'll personally have a great combo going and just because i forgot to hit the land button, it ruins it all in one unforgiving 'Sloppy' land, the level design and the art style are pretty great for a 2D Side scroller, but it does not make up for the extremely hard learning curve that you endure if you're used to controlling a virtual skate-board differently. i like this game, but i also dislike the way that you are meant to carry out the task of actually skating. which is why i give it a 5/10 it's fun to play, but good luck getting any high scores with out logging endless ours of failing miserably. The sound track is very good though i will give it that. Expand
  33. Sep 8, 2015
    It's not like we are going to get skate 4 anyway.
    Shut your mouth and stop complaining. It is actually pretty good and has some sick ass music (aka my jam)
  34. May 27, 2016
    I originally rated this a 2/10 after playing it for about 15 minutes...but I've changed my score to an 8 after trying it again and decided it's a fantastic game. I have been playing it on my vita and it's super fun once you get used to the controls
  35. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. waste of time.I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it.............. Expand
  36. Apr 25, 2015
    Absolutely great, satisfying, original skateboarding game. This game takes a lot of time to master and is so much fun. There are many improvements over the first game with new features such as launches, manuals, new tricks, grind switches and lots more. This was free on playstation plus in march. Personally, I think I should have payed for it. Also, the soundtrack is **** INCREDIBLE. GoodAbsolutely great, satisfying, original skateboarding game. This game takes a lot of time to master and is so much fun. There are many improvements over the first game with new features such as launches, manuals, new tricks, grind switches and lots more. This was free on playstation plus in march. Personally, I think I should have payed for it. Also, the soundtrack is **** INCREDIBLE. Good job, roll7. Expand
  37. May 19, 2015
    tried as PS+ game so had open mind, but gobsmacked at the high reviews for this?! I didn't play it for 5 minutes but cleared career mode on amateur before deleting in disgust. Side scrolling borefest with graphics that look like they are from an Amiga. The gameplay while admittedly slick is nauseating to me, as difficulty ramps up the only way i could play was letting your eyes glaze sotried as PS+ game so had open mind, but gobsmacked at the high reviews for this?! I didn't play it for 5 minutes but cleared career mode on amateur before deleting in disgust. Side scrolling borefest with graphics that look like they are from an Amiga. The gameplay while admittedly slick is nauseating to me, as difficulty ramps up the only way i could play was letting your eyes glaze so all your seeing is the points u need to jump/skate etc...not exactly what i'd call fun of any description. Am sure I could find a myriad of similar quality free PC games which i'd never bother to look at. Not what I bought a PS4 for, terrible! Expand
  38. May 13, 2015
    I recently bought this game after having an obsession over Skate 3 on my PlayStation 3. So i decided to look on the PlayStation store to see if i could download it on my PlayStation 4, unfortunately you cannot. However whilst looking i came across this gem of a game. In one word its beautiful although challenging.

At first i found it difficult to get used to the totally unique controls

At first i found it difficult to get used to the totally unique controls but once i overcame the learning curve the game felt sharp, yet fluid and effortless. Passing through each level can take a huge number of attempts as you learn when and when not to continue combos to eventually reach the end but the super quick re-spawn times means you never stop playing.

I have one minor problem with the game though and that is some of the more difficult tricks for example double kick-flips and 720 flips are very difficult to pull off due to the fact you must move the analog stick in more than one direction as well as hold either R1 or L1 therefore making these tricks harder to preform accurately especially when you are mid combo and travelling at high speed.

to conclude i love this game with its fast pace and seriously addictive game play but one thing stops it from being a 10.
  39. Nel
    Jan 12, 2017
    The game has great animations, and the controller works sometimes. If you are looking to get frustrated, this game is right up your alley. It is a breeze at first, but don't get fooled, you have to truly master this game to be able to finish it.
  40. Aug 27, 2018
    If you like indie games, skateboarding and retro aesthetics, you will love this game.
    I have to admit that I have personally become a bit difficult to get used to the controls since I am used to skate games like Skate 3 or Tony Hawks, but once you get used to it it is very fun since you can perform many tricks and the game is very Quick.
    Suitable for all audiences!
  41. Aug 31, 2019
    This is my favorite game, ever. I've played a bunch of skateboarding games, snowboarding games and this game is the best. The controls are EXTREMELY precise which I love. The levels are designed very well and the music is pretty good. Most of the criticism of the game seems to be written by those who don't respect the game enough to get good at it. They fail to land over and over andThis is my favorite game, ever. I've played a bunch of skateboarding games, snowboarding games and this game is the best. The controls are EXTREMELY precise which I love. The levels are designed very well and the music is pretty good. Most of the criticism of the game seems to be written by those who don't respect the game enough to get good at it. They fail to land over and over and instead of trying to master their timing the say "the controls are unresponsive". The controls don't respond to poor timing and a quitter attitude. I've put a couple of hundred hours into the game and I can tell you that the controls are phenomenal. You need frame-perfect timing for maximum scores which shouldn't be considered a bad thing. It should be considered a great thing because the developer is encouraging real skill and doesn't try to make you feel like a bad-ass for pressing one button.
    Making this game free on PS4+ was a mistake. It devalues the game in the mind of the player and I suspect many of those who pay nothing for a game consider it worthless before they play it and so are unwilling to put in the time required to get good.
    The only criticism of the game I have are the challenges. Collecting things is boring and it encourages a way of playing which doesn't increase the players skill level (no tricks, no need to land perfects) just go through the level over and over and over until you get the thing. This is only annoying in later stages when the player is able to do advanced tricks and is forces to play like a newbie in order to complete the challenge.
    I urge you to give this game a fair try. It's an absolute gem. Can't wait for Olliolli 3.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jul 4, 2015
    Improved animation fluidity and collision detection made OlliOlli 2 a near-perfect arcade game. [07/2015, p.75]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 26, 2015
    OlliOlli2 improves on its predecessor in nearly every way and remains and absolute blast. [May 2015, p74]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK