3.8

1. Aug 17, 2019
    Such a terrible game to the franchise like let's start by its a clunky asf game and the combat doesn't help it by far. Switching between haki was a dumb mechanic most of the time you can't even block enemies attacks cux you are so slow on the attacks making luffy useless. You can't hit enemies when they are on the ground cuz God mode amd it just ruins the immersion of you being luffySuch a terrible game to the franchise like let's start by its a clunky asf game and the combat doesn't help it by far. Switching between haki was a dumb mechanic most of the time you can't even block enemies attacks cux you are so slow on the attacks making luffy useless. You can't hit enemies when they are on the ground cuz God mode amd it just ruins the immersion of you being luffy this badass pirate... But not in world seeker he's just clunky asf. Expand
  2. May 30, 2019
    This game is super beautiful and great

Play it

Ign is ****
    The half of people who give this game a rating didn’t even played it

Best one piece game I’ve ever played
  3. May 22, 2019
    (I’m not native speaker) This game is far from being perfect, but it is not as bad as people say. There are some things that would improve a lot the game but for a unknown stupid reason they didnt add them:
    - Full dialogues for the characters, it is just too stupid hearing all the characters say 1 or 2 words instead of a full phrase. (This really piss me off).
    -Autosave, the game

-Autosave, the game automatically save the game after completing a mission, but this game is mostly based on exploration, so if you are not careful you might spent 1 hour exploring, die and lose all your progress.

-I’m sure that there is a bug with the snipers of the city, when you are flying they instinctively shot you without even seeing you, and they never miss a shot!!! This really piss me off because there are tons of snipers and cost you a lot of time to deal with them.

-Some of the final challenges are impossible, when you finish the game you will unlock 3 hard levels that are too hard. I finish 1 of them with many attempts ( the one where you have to go fast to a location), but the other 2 seems impossible.

-Some thing are unbalanced, the equipments that you can equip are too important (if you want ++ equipments just restart the game and craft them another time) with 3 normal of them I could barely survive the battles in normal difficulty, but when I finished the game I had the 3 best ++ and the hard dificulty was easy.

Good things:

-You can really enjoy the exploration and moving with luffy trough the map is a pleasure.
    -MANY people give this game a bad review just because you cant play with more strawhats, but the reality is that you dont miss them, playing only with luffy is just perfect for this game.
    -the attack system is really good and you enjoy every fight.
    -the story is pretty good, but the voices ruin the experience a bit.

In summary, this game would be a 9 or a 10 for everyone with only a few changes (the voices, facial expresions...) but without them I can understand that some people give only a 5 or a 6 to this game.
  4. Apr 16, 2019
    Feels like they bought a unreal engine 4 map design and added some one piece character on top of it..
    No voice acting, stiff and shallow gameplay and a high cost price for the game.. no no no, it's like it was made by people who don't even play video games.
  5. Apr 8, 2019
    This game is definitely a lot of fun. While I wouldn't say it's my favorite One Piece game made thus far, it's easily the most ambitious and the greatest achievement of the franchise thus far. This game feels like the true successor to Unlimited Adventure we've been waiting for, with a beautiful sandbox world to explore with Luffy's large move set. I do wish the other Straw Hats wereThis game is definitely a lot of fun. While I wouldn't say it's my favorite One Piece game made thus far, it's easily the most ambitious and the greatest achievement of the franchise thus far. This game feels like the true successor to Unlimited Adventure we've been waiting for, with a beautiful sandbox world to explore with Luffy's large move set. I do wish the other Straw Hats were playable, and that some of the boss fights were less formulaic, but these are all things I can only dream of in a sequel. This is no AAA game but it is an achievement for One Piece games and anime games alike. Expand
  6. Apr 2, 2019
    This game is a good idea but had poor execution. Giving fans an open world One Piece game is a great idea but the open world feels so lifeless and empty that it is kind of boring. I wish they would have given us a way to sail to other islands by using the Thousand Sunny and letting us have ship combat with navy or other pirate ships.

The missions and combat are really repetitive and the

The missions and combat are really repetitive and the enemy AI doesn't seem to do much but take their beatings, which consisted of me just mashing 1 button.

The bosses don't fare any better as they really require no strategy other than block their attacks, then counter with your own, repeat steps til the boss' health is depleted.

Luffy's crew are reduced to a support cast that either offer cooking or crafting and the rest are either seen just standing around or in cutscenes. They are not playable or able to join you on any of your missions.

The only pros I can think of are the way you travel the map is fun, the skill tree is a good way to reward progress, and the story is really interesting. This is a half decent One Piece game but needed some more polishing before release.
  7. Mar 26, 2019
    This is not a AAA title. It is however fun to play.
    Openworld to explore isn't huge or over populated but it somehow works perfectly.
    Do not let the review scores scare you off if this is your type of game. I have never followed the series but the story was easy to follow for a new comer. I can see there is a fair amount of lore for the hardcore fans but didn't affect my immersion into
    This is not a AAA title. It is however fun to play.
    Do not let the review scores scare you off if this is your type of game.
    I have never followed the series but the story was easy to follow for a new comer. I can see there is a fair amount of lore for the hardcore fans but didn't affect my immersion into the plotline. English subtitles.

If you like openworld games its worth a try.
  8. Mar 22, 2019
    Only two words. Horrible and shame. Stay alert !!!! Don't lose your time in this ridicolous game
  9. Mar 21, 2019
    If you are a One Piece fan, you should at least enjoy the scenery and awesome cutscenes.

That said my score is based on a product that is a great "pilot" for a next game. People should stop comparing Spiderman to this game, the budget is in a whole other league and the target is a lot different as well. This game has great scenery, with pretty basic button bash options. The way how

This game has great scenery, with pretty basic button bash options.
    The way how skills and karma work are great for a first time, we can at least build further on this concept.

I think that a true One Piece fan should appreciate this game and have hopes on the next possible game. Yes, the open world feels kind of empty and the fights are pretty boring, but at least you get to bash a button and see one of your awesome anime characters use a nostalgic skill.

I will not go to details, because I hate to spoil things.
    Believe me the nostalgic things and the cutscenes are worth your while.
  10. Mar 19, 2019
    I dont like this game but i like lists:

1. The "World" The world, while beautifully rendered is completely empty, no animals, no significant things to discover, mostly nothing. the only part that feels a bit more alive is steel city and even there it feels empty. you only have one kind of tree and one kind of grass spread around the map. but a lotta shiny things to collect. For an open

1. The "World"
    The world, while beautifully rendered is completely empty, no animals, no significant things to discover, mostly nothing. the only part that feels a bit more alive is steel city and even there it feels empty. you only have one kind of tree and one kind of grass spread around the map. but a lotta shiny things to collect. For an open world game this feels more like a tech demo with just some stuff rammed into it so its not completely bare. but not a thing worth exploring.

2. the gameplay
    this is is weird to me. world seeker is some weird hybrid of a character action game and a stealth game. the game clearly is designed to be played a stealth. the enemy have detection zones, you have solid snake boxes in which you can hide to avoid detection, you have some stealth kill related powers. on the other hand, luffy feels like a character in a character action game, most of his moves are cool dmc like action moves and you feel like that how you want to play a OP game. ruffy isn't a ninja.
    also, i played on normal, there isn't really a reason to stealth. there's like 5 enemys on the map at once and i can very easily beat thos just by punching them. and if a core concept of the game is ignorable on the normal difficulty this feels like a failure. and if you say "but stupid critic, you can play on harder and then you need to stealth!" i say "but if i only need a feature of a game when i play on a harder difficulty, doesn't that sound like a badly put together game?"

3. the story
    i was not able to care, its so convoluted and unnecessary. The crew is pretty irrelevant but you have that sweet new original character jeanne whos everywhere always and super enganging...

4. the crafting system
    its bad. there stuff you can collect on maps, only glowing dots for everything though, no models no animations, just little sfx effects you can collect. bare bone like almost everything. with your sfx in hand you can now craft one kind of equip which gives you numerical boni to things. that's it. its so bare bone and boring.

5. enemy design
    welp. except for the bosses which are the OP characters you love, even though very repetitive fights, the enemy's are mostly the same, with two major variants. they are boring to fight and work all the same. On that note, the gun shots are a **** to evade with no clear tell of when they are going to shoot which makes the game very unsatisfying.

6. the travel system
    this is fun. except for the lazily limited options to hold on to and no option to bounce off of building sides, its just fun.

overall this game is bad. it looks pretty if you look at it for less than 2 minutes but its empty, repetitive, lazy and just not engaging. the idea of a OP stealth game going through development and getting released without anyone saying its maybe not the best genre for this franchise is bizarre to me.

i really like OP and i really wanted to like this game but i just cant.
  11. Mar 18, 2019
    I like the game but i feel like its missing more like we should have more moves we can do in a combo, more playable characters from the crew, fill in that big empty space i hate when games do that, but overall i liked the game for the story but was way disappointedi thought itd be so much smoother and cooler
  12. Mar 18, 2019
    While the game is fun as a fan, the game is definitely lacking in some areas. Some issues I've found are:
    1) The camera is a bit too close. For an open world game, the camera should be moved back just a little bit or give the ability to move the camera closer/farther
    2) Combat is lacking. The fighting mechanics are clunky and the dodging is pretty bad. When going up against a guy with a machine gun, dodging is useless in the beginning because you get sort of "stunned" which results in you getting stuck in a flurry of bullets that drain your health bar like crazy. There's no way out of that attack once it hits.
    3) Movement is bad. You can't turn Luffy slightly to the left or right without him taking 2 steps. This makes getting in front of things you interact with, like treasure chests, difficult.
    4) It's advised you need to sneak around in some areas but Luffy doesn't sneak and you can't do anything like make him crouch to sneak so it's almost pointless.
    5) if there is anything you have to take a longer time to interact with, like treasure chests and certain doors, the button you need to hold takes too long. It takes a good 5-6 seconds to complete the interaction when it should be less.

It's still fun to run around as Luffy exploring the world, but this is not a game that I'd go back to once it's completed.
  13. Mar 17, 2019
    I just spent over 3 hours exploring...which is, you know, the entire point of the game, only to lose ALL of the progress I gained because I didn't manually save at any point. Why is autosaving not more prevalent in this game? In THIS day and age, losing over 3 hours of progress due to a poor game save mechanic is simply unacceptable.

I had a great time exploring and unlocking new areas,

I had a great time exploring and unlocking new areas, but got in a fight with one machine gun pirate flunky who wasn't even labeled as a boss character, and he took my health from full to empty in about three seconds. Game over, progress lost. This character looked exactly the same to me as a regular fodder pirate that I steamrolled in two hits only seconds prior so, foolish me, I assumed it was the same fodder pirate and I'd steamroll him in the same way.

I purchased numerous upgrades on the skill tree during this time frame. The game should've autosaved after each purchase. I unlocked several new areas on the map. The game should've autosaved upon entering each area. Hell the game should autosave after every treasure chest you open, because they're major collectables that can be a real chore to find.

Nope. All gone. I had a horrible day at work before this and was looking forward to unwinding, and while I greatly enjoyed the game while I was playing it, turns out it was all for effing nothing. I'm so discouraged that I doubt I'll pick this game back up. If only there was a way to demand a refund from the PSN store. My review is a 1 because I paid $65 for this game and only played for 4 hours yesterday, plus the 3 hours today which don't count because they never actually happened! Definitely not worth it!
  14. Mar 16, 2019
    It's a good game, just not a good One Piece game.
    Think of it as the anime equivalent of 'Banjokazooie Nuts&Bolts', without the pedigree it'd be fine but the name makes fans expect something good-- and fans are hardest to please.
  15. Mar 15, 2019
    Not good for a One Piece game. And the open world is just lifeless and didn't look like from One Piece world. This game is just a generic open world with a title One Piece in it.
  16. Mar 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I felt like I was playing "TLOZ: Breath of the Wild" but with a different flavor (one I personally enjoy more), more mobility (this has a lot more 3D mobility), and a bit of a clunkier gameplay (hard to aim the special attacks, slippery controls when running, camera could be better). Expand
  17. Mar 15, 2019
    I felt like I was playing "TLOZ: Breath of the Wild" but with a different flavor (one I personally enjoy more), more mobility (this has a lot more 3D mobility), and a bit of a clunkier gameplay (hard to aim the special attacks, slippery controls when running, camera could be better). But the game's faults do not detract that much from the experience. Once I started playing it, I was hookedI felt like I was playing "TLOZ: Breath of the Wild" but with a different flavor (one I personally enjoy more), more mobility (this has a lot more 3D mobility), and a bit of a clunkier gameplay (hard to aim the special attacks, slippery controls when running, camera could be better). But the game's faults do not detract that much from the experience. Once I started playing it, I was hooked and I hardly noticed 8 hours had gone by. I am biased because I love these kinds of open world games and One Piece, but I personally wouldn't give it anything lower than an 8. Expand
  18. Mar 19, 2019

1. The "World"

2. the gameplay

3. the story

4. the crafting system

5. enemy design

6. the travel system

i really like OP and i really wanted to like this game but i just cant.

1. Apr 30, 2019
    One Piece: World Seeker is lacking in so many areas. It may be lovely to look at, but an overall shallow and repetitive experience take away any semblance of joy fans are likely to find.
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    Far from being a bad game, One Piece: World Seeker sticks to the fundamentals but never tries to transcend them. Devoid of originality, the title looks like a basic open world on which have been grafted characters from the manga. The title clearly lacks ideas to renew the gameplay, coupled with an overall lack of soul, the result crumbles against the competition.
  3. Apr 12, 2019
    One Piece is an anime/manga franchise that deserves a game that would blow everyone's mind. That's why when you get a mediocre title, it hurts so bad. Enjoyable storyline, graphics and open world, simply were not enough to turn this disappointment into an experience worth a recommendation. But if you are not a demanding player, there are a few things you could still like here.