7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 9, 2021
    Unpayable on playstation 5. input lag and frame rate give me a headache. game need fix
  2. Feb 10, 2020
    Very slow game. I’ve played for about 5 hours and have given up. Lots of exploring of not overly interesting planets with lots of questions raised but very little closure or reward. I’m not patient enough to continue or hopeful enough that the long slog will be worth it.
  3. Apr 9, 2020
    People needs to stop hypeing this game. I'm normally very open minded about games and got this one at full price because people were comparing it to Subnautica which I loved but it's nothing like it. OW is boring, annoying and even frustrating. There is no real gameplay here, you just explore maps to get rewarded with text and you keep doing the same and going the same places to get morePeople needs to stop hypeing this game. I'm normally very open minded about games and got this one at full price because people were comparing it to Subnautica which I loved but it's nothing like it. OW is boring, annoying and even frustrating. There is no real gameplay here, you just explore maps to get rewarded with text and you keep doing the same and going the same places to get more text. I've probably played for 5hrs or so hoping that maybe I get sucked in and see something special about it but there is nothing special here just small planets and sh*tty physics that the game seems to be so proud about. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2020
    I played for nearly an hour, saw an auto-save, and quit ready to continue tomorrow.. However, it hasn't saved, and glancing at a few comments, this is in the design. There's no room for many of us to play for hours and hours between proper save points, some of us have work and other obligations. It's a crazy way to design a game and totally unnecessary, and also therefore a total waste ofI played for nearly an hour, saw an auto-save, and quit ready to continue tomorrow.. However, it hasn't saved, and glancing at a few comments, this is in the design. There's no room for many of us to play for hours and hours between proper save points, some of us have work and other obligations. It's a crazy way to design a game and totally unnecessary, and also therefore a total waste of money. I really wanted to get into this, what a pity. Expand
  5. Jun 7, 2020
    The concept of time loop was appealing but I was disappointed by the game-play and the 3D. I could never really enter the game and the story because of that ... it was a waste of money
  6. Oct 31, 2019
    bad optimization, the game is not cheaper and on my opinion, the game is bored
  7. Feb 10, 2021
    I'm really pained to be leaving such a low score for this game....but since I find it unplayable I don't have much option. I was enthralled by the opening parts of the game and was really looking forward to getting into it but unfortunately I am simply unable to fly the ship, the controls are just awful. Possibly it is 'realistic' but for me it's just not possible to enjoy, or even play.I'm really pained to be leaving such a low score for this game....but since I find it unplayable I don't have much option. I was enthralled by the opening parts of the game and was really looking forward to getting into it but unfortunately I am simply unable to fly the ship, the controls are just awful. Possibly it is 'realistic' but for me it's just not possible to enjoy, or even play.
    Full disclosure here - I have a hard time with driving vehicles in games in general for some reason.. Some of them I can manage better than others but it's rarely easy for me. But I've never given up on a game before because of that personal failing, but this one has me beat.
    Having recently gained full PS5 glory I thought I'd give it another go as the controller on PS5 is so responsive, and there is a slight improvement in my piloting skills with it but not enough, sadly, to progress in the game.

Consequently a complete waste of money, and I'm really disappointed.
  8. Dec 18, 2021
    It begins boring with a lot of dialogue. But that time, i already lost interest and knew this game was not for me. After half an hour i completly stopped caring.
  9. Jan 31, 2022
    I bought the game from the PS Store and tried to play it on PS 5. It's just awful, unbearable to play with such an input lag. Due to the fact that the picture on the screen starts moving only after I have already released the joystick, I get disorientation and nausea. PS Store refused to refund my money.
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd person, but it is from the 1st. It is impossible to navigate. I do not recommend taking it to the console before the release of patches for the current generation (never, I seem).
  10. Jan 31, 2022
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 18, 2019
    Whether you want to play explorer, detective, or Bill Murray, Outer Wilds has you covered. We’ll say it again: one of the best games you’ll play this year. [Issue#169, p.93]
  2. Nov 2, 2019
    This is a game that presents itself in a unique way, and trusts you to put together its compelling mystery without assistance.
  3. Oct 29, 2019
    In the end, Outer Wilds is all about exploring a mysterious solar system and finding out its secrets. I had a fun time flying around in space and it’s good for the gaming industry as a whole to have an adventure game like this that’s about exploring a world without having to shoot or fight enemies. However, Outer Wilds doesn’t do a great job at guiding players. Instead, you are left aimlessly exploring until you figure out what to do next.