6.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. May 27, 2016
    For a game that has no campaign and has few multi-player maps and game-modes, its definitely not worth $60. You can get better games with the same content for just a quarter of the price; even FREE for some games.

And for a game that makes each of its characters and maps so diverse and interesting, its a shame that the game itself has no story and has meaningless multi-player. All you do is run around mindlessly while spamming your abilities, and that's clearly not what anyone expects from a $60 game.

And as anyone could have predicted from a Blizzard game, the characters are clearly unbalanced. Since World of Warcraft, Blizzard has done a really bad job at making classes/characters balanced so that any and every play-style is viable. I don't expect this to be fixed any time soon, or even for the entire lifespan of Overwatch for that matter...

Blizzard has released cinematic shorts based in the Overwatch universe, and they are clearly better and more entertaining than any time spent in playing the game itself. I'd really recommend anyone reading this to check them out!

Besides that, I also don't like how Blizzard is selling-out FPS pros to play and advertise this game, and paying studios to host future Overwatch tournaments when the game has just been released. They're trying so hard to make this game the next "League of Legends" before the game even comes out, even though the success of every big game (or eSport) was because of the loyal fans and players.

And I don't see any real reason to be even the slightest bit interested in this game.

In conclusion, "Overwatch" is an over-priced and shallow FPS that had potential, but was ruined by Blizzard spending the majority of its budget on advertising the game than into giving the game and its characters some sort of meaning.
  2. May 30, 2016
    Based on my time in Closed and Open Beta along with a limited bit of time after launch, I initially gave the game a pretty favorable "9" rating. After a full week and slightly more than one full day of actual game time, my opinion has trended decidedly downward so I feel I must revise accordingly.

All one needs to know about Overwatch can be gleaned by looking at the trophy/achievement list: Many of them rely on luck, some require only time, and few require actual skill.

There is a potentially good - no, great - game here but it is wrapped up in a myriad of poor design decisions such as poor character balance, poor map design, poor netcoding, and the allowance of hero stacking (which exacerbates all three of the other issues). There are tons of complaints about individual characters but the issue really is a combination of all four problems always happening at once. Sure, the complaints about Bastion's sentry mode with no slow down on aiming, no spread on shots, and no ramp up before firing are valid but they're almost always a problem because the maps are designed to heavily favor defending teams by either providing too few pathways for attackers, by allowing blatant base camping, or by putting an easy to defend choke point right outside of the defending team's base (while the attacking team usually has to run a fair distance from their last checkpoint when they die). Now add that the game allows multiples of the same character and one can see how the issues become multiplied.

There's also the fact that Blizzard themselves have confirmed that the game's servers only run at a 20 tick rate (less than a third of what's considered minimum standard) and also includes a baked in latency delay to "favor the shooter" (read: prevent the need for leading shots) *on top of* each player's normal latency. Cheap, unavoidable deaths (such as being killed as Mei while in Ice Block or as Tracer after Rewinding because the server simply didn't "see" it relative to your opponent's latency+built-in delay) are frustratingly frequent.

The matchmaking system is just... bad. I generally split my time between running in a small group of 3-4 people or running solo depending on time of day. Not that it matters, mind: Regardless of running solo or grouped, either you're going to steamroll the opposing team or you're going to get steamrolled. In 213 games played so far, I can say that two dozen (or less) of those were close matches where the teams were really fighting to win. Either we won by a large margin or we lost by a large margin. This might seem fun at first but it quickly becomes mindnumbing. I'm not sure what they use to determine MMR for matchmaking but it feels off and it certainly doesn't help that some maps are designed almost entirely to promote steamrolls by the defending team - maps like Temple of Anubis and Route 66, both of which my usual group now leave any time they pop up in the rotation. Not because we can't win on them (we can and have) but because they're simply NOT fun.

There are very few elements of skill in Overwatch, mostly to be found within the support cast of Mercy, Lucio, Symmetra, and Zenyatta. For everyone else, this is a game of luck: Lucky timing on the acquisition of ultimate abilities, lucky placement of the enemy team, lucky netcode timing, lucky map selection, and so on. I would love to say I have faith in Blizzard to deal with these imbalances but I simply do not considering many of them were known as far back as Closed Beta and still went in at launch (not to mention their 8.5 year long struggles balancing Warcraft's Arena PVP system with far fewer classes).
  3. May 26, 2016
    A serie with alot of hype, mainly because it is a Blizzard game with their "Blizzard polish". This game is fun, but won't have a long longevity for me after spending a decent amount of hours(around 100) playing this game. I will explain it as short as possible for the people who wants quick and short reviews to compare it with each other:

EDIT: It isn't as short as I thought it would

EDIT: It isn't as short as I thought it would be, so my appologize.

- It's a fun and solid teambased shooter when you're new to this game:
    It's a fun and fresh experience, when you're learning each maps and characters. Every character is unique, but also easy to learn/understand. The maps are also well designed enough for each character.

This is subjective and a negative for some gamers: People who wants complex characters won't get what they want. So this could be a negative. For example, Mei is a hero with a tier 4 difficutly, yet she doesn't feel that different in difficulty compared to a tier 1 character like Bastion.

- You can switch characters during game and also able to play as the same heroes as your teammates::
    So you and your team can accustom to how your opponents are playing incase you have chosen the wrong hero. Or you can experiment by changing your heroes till you find the synergy to win the game. Or go crazy and have fun with weird hero combinations(even though this may be disrespectfull for your opponent).

- Teamplay is pretty important in the game:
    For example, your health won't regenerate, hence you need a healer. However, you don't need a healer if you don't want to play that way, since there are healing items lying around the map with a respawn/cooldown timer. This will slow down your teamplay if everyone is scattered around to find the healing items and heal themself. Each hero has their role(attackers, defenders, supporters and healers).

- Game isn't technically impressive. However, we're gamers and the visual presentation and performance is nice and that's what matters:
    It looks like a Pixar movie(not hitting that lvl, but the style is similiar) and the gameplay is fluent. Especially on the console, since it's pretty hard for developers to hit the 60fps on consoles and Overwatch is one of those game hitting the 60fps with a dynamic resolution.

Negatives:
    - Short longevity for some gamers:
    This doesn't apply to everyone ofcourse. But the amount of content is pretty small for a priced game. This game is only PvP and while the game is fun to play, it's all you will get(with the exception of future contents(but the question is, will that be enough)). All the heroes and maps are unlocked. The only thing you will get are sprays, skins(some are interesting if I'm honest hehe), taunts, etc. As you may noticed, all the things I've mentioned doesn't add any value to the actual game, beside being aesthetic. All the character will play the same, meaning you won't be able to personalize your character like some other games do. Hence this longevity will be short after knowing how all your heroes plays and how to play in each maps. This is the main reason why I won't give this game a high score/perfect score like a 9 or 10.

- The game isn't complete, since the competitive gamemode will come in the next update:
    Meaning, you're buying a game which isn't complete. Similiar towards SFV, but that one is far worse. This may be a trend in the future where publishers releases an incomplete game for the full price(sadly, I also bought this game, meaning I can't say much about this). Also another reason why I won't give this game an 8.

Hence my final verdict being a 7. I hope you understand why I gave this a 7 and this is my personal opinion anyways for the people who disagrees :) 7 is a good game IMO, even though it isn't a 9 or a 10. Hope I helped some people with this review. And if you will buy this game or have bought this and still read this, because of curiosity:

I hope you're enjoying your game and maybe we will be teamed up or teamed against each other in Overwatch now I'm done writing this :P
  4. May 24, 2016
    The game is 'okay' and definately worth getting, just not for the full price.

Overwatch has a beautiful art-style, (some) unique characters and is something different from now-a-days FPS (I do not consider this game a MOBA). The game also runs smooth on every platform, without any sort of glitches and exploits so far. However, the game is incredibly lacking in both depth and
    The game is 'okay' and definately worth getting, just not for the full price.

However, the game is incredibly lacking in both depth and content-wise manner. I personally do not like the fact how we get a very vague 'prologue' to the universe of Overwatch through webisodes, rather than having some sort of story-telling in-game (i.e. cutscenes, fleshed out biographies, location descriptions and the overall 'goal' of the game.)

What I've gathered so far from watching the webisodes and reading forums online is that the story is about an organization called 'Overwatch' which was made by the goverment to battle against this so called 'Omnic War'; a war that occurred between humans and robots. After this battle it lead to having society live in peace among one another's kind; as everyone praised Overwatch.

As Overwatch began to recruit more people, there were rumors of corrupted members slithering their way through, this eventually made both humans and robots think bad about these past Heroes. The headquarters of Overwatch got blown up and their leader killed (which actually are two of the playable characters named 'Reaper' and 'Soldier 76') This made Overwatch fall apart and turn illegal; during the same time the second 'Omnic War' is about to occur.

Winston, one of the co-leaders is trying to gather and make contact with all of the Overwatch current members so they can put a stop before this second war that is about to happen or is already happening. However, the vague part is that I don't understand the goal of the game itself.

You're fighting Overwatch members and it has nothing to do with the robots itself; the Omnic War itself. You're either a terrorist or not, from what I've gathered (secure the payload/explosives gamemode and capturing points).

There are a lot of flaws with the game; I'll list a few:

1. There is no story whatsoever in-game (I do not count 3 dialogue lines per Hero, forcing us to figure out that Hanzo and Genji are related or that Soldier 76 and Reaper were actual people in the past that ran Overwatch.. Etc; Those are what the webisodes are for and I prefer it would've been ingame.)

2. Incredibly short rounds

3. Only two different gamemodes

4. Unable to pick said gamemodes and maps specifically

5. A broken social aspect to the game, such as partying up; etc.

6. A FALSE progression system (All you earn are lootboxes and portrait frames every 10 levels, nothing aside of that seems to be unlocked, thus it isn't rewarding enough. I personally do not get why this sort of progression got wiped after the Beta since it holds no advantage over anyone else.)

7. Incredibly uncreative skins (Aside from legendary ones, the rest are literally recolours of their original outfit)

8. Overpriced for what it has to offer (Overwatch is using a very basic FPS formula and since it was originally planned to be Free to Play, but Blizzard decided to make it full price after they saw how much it got liked, I think it's pretty much a dick move on their side)
  5. May 26, 2016
    The game is typical of Blizzard in terms of polish, but very un-Blizzard in terms of depth, content and meaningful interactions. The classes are fine, and sure they click together. The environments are colourful and have good verticality. It just all seems so hollow. On console especially, people don't both coordinating. There's no push and pull, no big tilts, no...stickiness. Just aThe game is typical of Blizzard in terms of polish, but very un-Blizzard in terms of depth, content and meaningful interactions. The classes are fine, and sure they click together. The environments are colourful and have good verticality. It just all seems so hollow. On console especially, people don't both coordinating. There's no push and pull, no big tilts, no...stickiness. Just a colourful, fun arcade arena shooter with bland character archetypes (Bastion will always win too) and brings nothing new to the genre table. Expand
  6. Jun 6, 2016
    this game could be funny, but its completely emptiness, without single player and its a copy of TF2.
    EA and Capcom do this and the people started to hate them, but Blizzard do the same and people don´t mind.
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    Just another plotless, pointless multiplayer game. Yet another way for video games to make endless surplus coinage with "promises" to add more meaningful content.
    Frankly, if I want to just run around and compete with other people, I'll play Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, WWE or some sports title. I play games for the immersion, an escape, not to deal with toxic multiplayer communities in a game that is plotless. There are far too many of these types of games being released.
  8. May 24, 2016
    An average implementation of what feels like a free-to-play FPS model, Overwatch enters the world of paid multiplayer-only FPS following other overhyped hits such as Evolve, Titanfall and Battlefront and fails to make any particularly new cost-worthy innovation.

Much like playing Battlefront, after perhaps 5 games (experienced in short rounds) you've probably experienced pretty much all the game has to offer. This isn't unusual in an FPS game, but for me personally Overwatch doesn't really draw on any new ideas and feels blank in a pretty saturated multiplayer FPS market. The number of characters is an excellent idea that rapidly becomes only important in 1v1 scenarios which occur only seldomly.

It does play well, and the gameplay is mostly solid, but ultimately feels like playing Team Fortress 2 after a new update of weapons, except in that case the update wouldn't have cost you money. Certainly a good purchase for any multiplayer-FPS fanatic, but not for the price it wants from you.

One particularly good point is that as a Blizzard game, it will come with a large Twitch following which will probably ensure that the game does not die out any time soon and will probably be playable for the foreseeable future.
  9. May 31, 2016
    No single player. Overpriced for what it offers. And unless your into SUPERS and BUFFS into your FPS game then this isn't for you.

Think TF2 mixed with some MOBA. The happy FPS game. Want something more serious? Then wait for BF. Or play rainbow six siege.
  10. May 28, 2016
    I've never left a review for a game on Metacritic, but I felt like I just had to say something about Overwatch.

First off, this game has so much potential, but in it's current state it's totally not worth it. If this were a Free-To-Play game, I would say "Wow," great job, but $60 for what is essentially a game with a few maps and no story is absolutely ridiculous. Let me break it down with you starting with the pros.

Pros:
    1. Fluid Gameplay
    2. Fun Characters
    3. Action Packed, Small Maps
    4. Brings back memories of Q3 Arean

Cons
    1. I'm not sure how the PC version plays but in the PS4 version you have only 2 game modes. "Quick Match" or "Arcade".... WTF. You can't select maps, you can't select playstyle... And if you select "Quick Match" it's pretty much always the same "escort the cargo" mission or "Hold point A for X amount of time."

Sorry, but that gets old, and if you don't like the randomly chosen map you are SOL

2. No character progression. Sure, you level up but it doesn't mean anything. You don't get stronger, you don't get new weapons. All you get with a level is a "loot box" that will give you meaningless stuff like skins. So you never feel like you're working towards something ever. A Victory or Defeat means nothing.

3. Annoying load times... Often you will have a quick match that ends in 10 minutes, then you're stuck watching the Play of the Game, voting for the MVP, then waiting for the match to load, then waiting for the countdown for the match to start. Sometimes it feels like you are WAITING FOR THE GAME TO START more than you're actually playing the **** game.

4. NO FFA mode, No FFA Teams mode.

5. Some characters are clearly unbalanced. Any noob can use the character who transforms into a turret/tank and just camp around a corner and wait for someone to round it and maul them down. The autoaiming characters almost guarantee you 3-5 kills. The precision characters are soooo bad on the PS4 version because the controller makes it too hard to aim them. They aren't bad, but it's clealry unbalanced.

6. Play of the game is meaningless. It's always just whoever killed a few people in a short of amount of time... Usually through a cheap ult. MVP is also meaningless as most people just vote for somebody random, even if it's someone on the losing team

7. No Single Player Mode, No offline play

Anyway, I enjoyed Overwatch for a couple days and it's already played out. You quickly realize that you're fighting for nothing and there is no where to progress to. It feels so impersonal and you never feel connected to your team or the other team despite it being a team based game.

This should have been a F2P game with skins and "loot box" BS as purchasable items. There is no content here to justify a $60 price tag, and if I could take the game back now, I would.
  11. Jul 14, 2016
    Nice graphics! I like the anime inspired characters.
    But:
    No single player; no campaign; no story; no progression; no goals; always online.

It's got to be a free-to-play, right?
  12. May 30, 2016
    So disappointed by this game considering it was a lot of money to buy! For a game with no single player campaign and okay multiplayer content, it is just simply not worth the money! Expected much more.....
  13. May 24, 2016
    I've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game thatI've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game that has a high skill ceiling with a low barrier to entry and lovable characters. On the surface it is simple, but play it for a while and you'll understand why Overwatch exceeds the hype. Expand
  14. May 24, 2016
    It just doesn't feel like a full game, i don't have motivation to play next battle,
    i even don't know why i have to win in the battle i just entered. And even winning isn't rewarding(
    Its like shoot, jump, explode, sometimes happens something cool. But what it has... is hats.. The useless part of TF2 Gameplay 5/10 Graphics 7/10 Audio 8/10 UI 8/10 If it wouldn't be Blizzard i
    Its like shoot, jump, explode, sometimes happens something cool.
    But what it has... is hats.. The useless part of TF2

Gameplay 5/10
    Graphics 7/10
    Audio 8/10
    UI 8/10

If it wouldn't be Blizzard i probably rate it 7/8 out 10. But from Blizzard i was expecting masterpiece at least.
  15. May 29, 2016
    Extremely boring game without any sense to play. There are no character progression or weapon upgrades, no leveling up and no new weapons or abilities to unlock. First 5 minutes of gameplay is just identical to all the rest time you'll provide (why?) in game. Blizzard became a casual game developer finally. What a shame. Free to play game with old but extra casual and primitive gameExtremely boring game without any sense to play. There are no character progression or weapon upgrades, no leveling up and no new weapons or abilities to unlock. First 5 minutes of gameplay is just identical to all the rest time you'll provide (why?) in game. Blizzard became a casual game developer finally. What a shame. Free to play game with old but extra casual and primitive game mechanics and 60$ price tag with insane fanboys on background - game of the century of course. Expand
  16. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch is the most fun multiplayer experience I've ever had. With 21 unique characters the game feels like it'll last a while( there will be more heroes/maps added). A story mode would be nice, but honestly I'm totally fine without one. The game is FUN, and it tries to be as fun as it can! The game is NOT free2play, for a very important reason. There is NO season pass, and all newOverwatch is the most fun multiplayer experience I've ever had. With 21 unique characters the game feels like it'll last a while( there will be more heroes/maps added). A story mode would be nice, but honestly I'm totally fine without one. The game is FUN, and it tries to be as fun as it can! The game is NOT free2play, for a very important reason. There is NO season pass, and all new content will be FREE. (Which is a great thing, and much better than any pay2win/f2p model. Thanks Blizzard Expand
  17. May 25, 2016
    After you get over the decent visuals and play the game for a few hours, the utter lack of content starts to become apparent. I had not heard of this game before buying it, I didn't play the beta or see any gameplay of it. Going in blind, I was pleased to see a team fortress style shooter for my ps4. A few hours later however, after seeing some flaws, like the tracking speed of theAfter you get over the decent visuals and play the game for a few hours, the utter lack of content starts to become apparent. I had not heard of this game before buying it, I didn't play the beta or see any gameplay of it. Going in blind, I was pleased to see a team fortress style shooter for my ps4. A few hours later however, after seeing some flaws, like the tracking speed of the engineers turret, and the damage of some non-ultimate abilties, I started to see why this game is broken from the start.

This is a blizzard game, and if you have played world of war craft for any period of time, you would know that balance is a big issue in pvp, it always has been and always will be. How is blizzard supposed to keep 21 diverse characters balanced when they can't keep 8 classes balanced?

This game with basically 1 game mode costs $60 on consoles. I got bored fast. Team fortress on the other hand was $20 on release, had many game modes and a modding community.

If you have read this far and are still wondering if you should buy this game, just ask yourself "is an unfinished game with very little content worth $60 to me?"
    If you think unfinished games are worth your money, then by all means, you might get an hour or two of fun out of this, otherwise, just pass.

And lastly, to the people who gave this a 9 or 10, please come back and fix your review in a couple of weeks when you get bored and stop playing it. It would really help put an end to these companies selling half finished products.
  18. May 25, 2016
    Glad I found a used copy to try Overwatch, as I plan to return it already. Overwatch isn't a bad game, but it is simply another example of an overhyped, overrated, overpriced, and content light multiplayer focused game ala Titanfall or Evolve. I have a feeling "professional" game reviewers are gonna be over scoring Overwatch as they did with Titanfall.

Team Fortress 2 launched bundled

Team Fortress 2 launched bundled with the content rich Orange Box and it was an amazing deal. Why Blizzard didn't follow TF2's launch example is disappointing. Overwatch should've launched at a $29.99 or $19.99 price for the amount of game content on offer. Overwatch could've even gone free to play as TF2 did.

There is a fun game here, but unless Blizzard adds in some form of single player or actual story in multiplayer? I recommend waiting for a big price drop or used copy. The game already dropped $10 on Amazon, so, in a month or so it will drop even more.

I expect more from Blizzard...
  19. May 27, 2016
    This is literally the most unbalanced game I have ever played. I'm extremely let down by this game as I was under the impression it wouldn't be hot garbage.
  20. Jul 18, 2016
    As a fan of TF2, I had really high hopes for Overwatch. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. However, there are noticeable problems present, and I think a bunch of critics out there are failing to see them. Let's start off with the game's pricing. Overwatch is ridiculously overpriced, sitting at $60 for console users. What about PC, you may ask? $40. That's right, Blizzard is actuallyAs a fan of TF2, I had really high hopes for Overwatch. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. However, there are noticeable problems present, and I think a bunch of critics out there are failing to see them. Let's start off with the game's pricing. Overwatch is ridiculously overpriced, sitting at $60 for console users. What about PC, you may ask? $40. That's right, Blizzard is actually forcing console users to pay extra for the game. I know most of their games are PC exclusives, but this is extremely unfair. Even at $40 I would say it's overpriced, mainly due to a lack of content. I mentioned this as a complaint to one of my friends who is a huge fan of the game. He said the $60 pricing was fine because all of the content would be added in later updates. Well, why? That doesn't make any sense. Either delay the game so you can add the content upon release, or lower the price and make it DLC. I'd rather have the content be paid DLC than be forced to buy it when I'm probably not gonna have use for it any ways. As mentioned earlier, there is definitely a lack of content in the game, especially with a $60 price tag. Most noticeably is a story mode, which I actually hope will be added in a future update because I definitely think that could bring the score up for me. I guess it's because they want you to learn the story from watching the animations, but who's got time to do that? Plus, I wouldn't bother, they're not that interesting. There's also a pretty large lack of gamemodes, which is a big issue for a multiplayer only game. But I've been a little too hard on Overwatch, let's give it a little credit. One thing in this game that goes without flaw is the heroes. The main selling point of the game is it's 21 playable characters. This was clearly a design focus, because they knocked it out of the park. Each hero feels and plays to match they're class perfectly, and I'm always tempted to try different characters. Each of these heroes have their own weapons and abilities, adding a lot of variety to these characters. It's also worth noting that they all have their own personalities. Personally, this is something that loads of multiplayer games are lacking now a days. I'd much rather see a quirky, British teleporter as the mascot of the game than a stone-faced, one-sided cyborg soldier. This and a large amount of maps elevate this game to my score for it. In total, Overwatch is a great game set back by some issues with pricing and a lack of content. However, the focus on all of the heroes, each individual playstyle, and a variety of maps serve this game right. It doesn't in any way deserve all of the perfect scores from critics, but it's not bad. 7/10. Expand
  21. Oct 18, 2017
    I don't want to be hyperbolic with my review of this, but I feel disapointed. I bought overwatch after hearing it was like the old TF2. In some ways I can see the comparison. I played for around a week, maybe two. I really tried to give the game a chance. But it just feels empty, repetitive, and at the end of the day boring. The community surrounding the game doesn't help much, with peopleI don't want to be hyperbolic with my review of this, but I feel disapointed. I bought overwatch after hearing it was like the old TF2. In some ways I can see the comparison. I played for around a week, maybe two. I really tried to give the game a chance. But it just feels empty, repetitive, and at the end of the day boring. The community surrounding the game doesn't help much, with people generally not working as a team. This is really unfortunate given Overwatch's team focus. In the end, I put it on the shelf, thinking "maybe I'll give it a try again someday down the road." I haven't played it since. It has no lasting appeal. The aesthetic wasn't for me, but hey that's subjective. This game was a waste of money, and I'm disappointed in myself for buying it. Maybe children could enjoy this game, but the sexuality of it kind of stops that to. Teens. That i think is probably the perfect audience for this game. Over all, a very disappointing purchase. I put the game in a box somewhere so that no one will know my shame. Expand
  22. Jun 16, 2016
    Overwatch
    A Great feeling game with not much to do
    Overwatch is an online only multiplayer shooter.. there is no story here other than a quick introduction when the game starts up, and there is no single player campaign.. Its basically play the tutorial and then jump into the action… There are 21 unique feeling characters all separated into 4 different classes, offense, defense, tank
    Overwatch
    A Great feeling game with not much to do
    Overwatch is an online only multiplayer shooter..
    Its basically play the tutorial and then jump into the action…
    There are 21 unique feeling characters all separated into 4 different classes, offense, defense, tank and support.. so you can contribute to your team in any way you please whether that’s getting kills, being a shield, or healing
    Some classes do have more character variety than the other.. but every last character has its own weapon and special abilities with cool downs, so youre guaranteed to find one to match your playstyle, and hopefully youll find at least 1 in each class for whatever each situation calls for, as you can switch characters during the match much like a gun loadout in other competitive multiplayer shooters
    so if youre not feeling one, go down the list until you find your right fit..
    All of this is great,, every character feels useful in their own way..
    The only problem is theres not much here
    There are 12 maps here which is a decent amount of variety, but none stood out to me…
    I can easily name maps in other shooters that are fun to just run around and kill people in..
    But I couldn’t here.. they all really feel the same…
    And evry mission is just objective based…
    You have capture.. escort…and control…
    Basically youre either fighting or defending a section of the map at all times…
    I understand that these are really the only kind of missions that make sense in a game thats about character variety…
    But I’d like to see some innovation beyond just the characters…
    Maybe coming up with modes for each individual classes, such as a team death match for offense and tanks only
    a tower defense for the defense and support team…
    get creative
    Not just the same modes in every other shooter set inside pretty average maps…
    After you’ve put your hours into the game youll level up which unlocks a loot box…
    And inside of these loot boxes are garbage taunts, costumes, and sprays…
    You grind to looks different while you do the same thing for hours on end.
    Which honestly I wouldn’t mind all too much if there was more gameplay variety
    I can only capture and defend for so long
    Negatives aside, Overwatch is a decently fun multiplayer shooter that I feel fans of this genre will enjoy
    I give overwatch an 8.0/10
  23. May 22, 2017
    This is quite a decent game with the potential to become a 10. For me there are a few points that make it lose some score in my opinion. In terms of gameplay, the game feels great, you have 20+ heroes, each one feels very different, they all have 3-5 different skills, there’s a game style for everyone here. I also think they’ve managed to balance the heroes quite well, that doesn’t meanThis is quite a decent game with the potential to become a 10. For me there are a few points that make it lose some score in my opinion. In terms of gameplay, the game feels great, you have 20+ heroes, each one feels very different, they all have 3-5 different skills, there’s a game style for everyone here. I also think they’ve managed to balance the heroes quite well, that doesn’t mean you can kill any hero with any hero; it means each hero is strong against some heroes and weak against some others, balance within a specific game is completely dependent on people making the right choice. As long as people think a bit when choosing, rather than going “Genji is my main no matter what”, it is easy to have a combination of heroes that is balanced, being “combination” the key word here. Said that the gameplay wildly varies between heroes, you have very fast pacing heroes that have to move a lot (e.g. Genji/Tracer), bulky slow kind of heroes (e.g Mei, Reindhardt), healers, etc. etc. Graphically speaking, the game is good, not awesome but I think it stands out by its art style rather that the raw quality of the graphics, music and sound are all right, nothing out of the ordinary but they work all right. Story wise, this being a multiplayer online game, you won’t find a lot of story elements in the game itself, but Blizzard has made an awesome job at giving you context via comics and short movies that you can access online for free. That is quite cool, although I still miss a campaign mode, seeing the universe they’ve created, the main story and the charisma of the characters I think it would be relatively easy to make an awesome campaign. Finally, for those trying to think about how playing this feels I think it’s fair to say that this is a mixture between a multiplayer FPS and a MOBA (e.g. league of legends), so if you played some of those, just expect something that falls in the middle, at least it feels like this to me.

Now, bad stuff, the first thing is the lack of proper modes. There are 3 main modes that you can either play on quick play or competitive. Two of them are very similar. These modes feel great, the games are kind of short 5-10 mins (in quick play) so, they’re great fun. Most of the people play to these. There are a few other additional modes, I’m calling these additional for two reasons, first, not as many people play them and second they don’t have maps specifically designed for them (which is awful) and you’ll notice that while playing. These additional modes are things like “deathmatch” 1v1, 3v3 and capture the flag. Capture the flag specifically angers me a bit, it is a very old mode in FPS games and for me it’s great, it’s my favourite usually in this kind of game. Here it feels “additional” because they reuse maps from the “main modes” for it; so basically Blizzard has put almost zero effort on the mode and you can feel that when playing. Now, on top of the lack of proper modes, there is the lack of maps for these modes. So the main modes have specific maps but not many, this is 3 and 4 maps for each of the “capture the zone” mode and 7 for the “escort the payload”. For escort the payload the number of maps is all right, but for example for one of the “capture the zone” modes only 3 maps is very very little.

Finally, and maybe the worst for me is the matchmaking system. First of all, I want to clarify that I’m not complying about this after playing a couple of hours. As of today, I’ve played more than 850 games with 112 hours of playtime so I think I’m in a fairly good position to review this. Anyway, people say the match making is designed to try and put together people of the same skill so we have fair games. Some people say the game does this looking at your victory percentage. In principle, this is fine with me, fair games area funnier and I can definitely feel the invisible hand of the system “forcing” me to stay in the victory percentage that correlates with my skill. That again, in principle is fine with me, sounds fair. The game pairs me with better players if I go above my % and I start losing and vice versa. The problem with this is the way the system is keeping my percentage at X value. I’d say that roughly 50 to 60% of my games are games in which my team is immensely superior to the other team and we win very easy or the other way around. The other 40-50% are fair enough games that I might win or not. Anyway, the fact that 50-60% of my games are quite unfair is frustrating, I don’t mind loosing, but I don’t like losing overwhelmingly because it’s just not funny. Same way crush winning the other team is not fun either and that’s why I’m getting to a point where the game is frustrating me a bit.

Summarising, there is quite a lot to enjoy in this game so If you like this kind of game go for it, but be ready for some frustration.
  24. Aug 5, 2016
    As someone who had never played a team-based shooter before Overwatch, I was surprised at how easily-accessible the game is. Unlike Team Fortress 2 which while a solid game in its own right, is a much more technical game, Overwatch is one of those games where you can just jump right back in.

Each character also has its own unique strengths and weaknesses that can fit pretty much any playstyle. If you like to be a speedy player like the Scout, play Tracer. Like being in the air and picking off opponents from the sky? Go for Pharah. If you're not really a team player and like being a Lone Wolf, pick Reaper. And if you're like me and just like to stay in the opponent's face and never give them a chance to breathe, go for D Va.

Also, unlike TF2, customizing your characters doesn't give you an advantage over other players who haven't played as much as you have. And if you want a challenge, Competitive Mode will do that for you,placing a much-needed "1 character per team" limitation, which helps add balance and also make the player branch out and play other characters in case their main character of choice is taken.

I also like how Blizzard has seen the differences between console and PC versions and have patched them separately based on the needs of each version.

However, that's not to say that the game has its flaws. And the main flaw centers around its Loot Box system and micro-transactions, something that I feel holds no place in a full-priced game.

All in all, though, the world needs Heroes, and the gaming world needs games like Overwatch
  25. Jun 25, 2016
    one of thee best multiplayer game i have played ever ...
    it has fast game play that i love and has team work so much that is why i love much more ....
  26. May 17, 2017
    Overwatch is that game which you can get back to and play casually whenever you want, or grind the hell out of and complete in online tournaments as hardcore as you'd want, the choice is all yours. It's a stylised and cartoonish take on shooters, but don't let that fool you, because it's insanely well-balanced (although of course there will always be opinions about such things) by aOverwatch is that game which you can get back to and play casually whenever you want, or grind the hell out of and complete in online tournaments as hardcore as you'd want, the choice is all yours. It's a stylised and cartoonish take on shooters, but don't let that fool you, because it's insanely well-balanced (although of course there will always be opinions about such things) by a scissors-rock-paper setup. At this point, however, it becomes quite clear that you'll get an advantage by playing with friends and utilise characters and their powers combined. Playing solo ain't always easy, but it's just as fun.
    A downside for me is that the game lacks campaign, this is pure online FPS, although Blizzard does update with seasonal events which have included campaign-like content. A huge plus-side though is that all the updates, whether it'd be new characters or new levels or other content, is 100% free of charge. You buy the game, and thats it. No DLC-buy:s needed. It's a great way to keep a community on par with each other and it's a great nod from Blizzard too, acknowledging that they understand the morale of when to charge for something and when not to. Overwatch is a great game to play, it's a joy to come back to again and again, alone or with friends.
  27. Jul 17, 2017
    Overwatch is the most fun I’ve had with a shooter since Splatoon came out. It’s true when they say no two matches are alike, because you never know what characters you’ll be up against, what the objective will be, or how your team will play.
  28. Feb 19, 2018
    I think to Jeffrey Kaplan it would be quite good to present the book about the balanced maps, because what I see never probably on the balanced game. I will separately tell about rating - it is poverty.
  29. Apr 28, 2018
    This might not be everyone's type of game but it is a really fun fast-paced FPS game. Each character has their advantages and disadvantages making the game quite balanced.
  30. Jan 2, 2019
    Good game that starts very interesting and gets very boring with time due to lack of content and modes added. Judging by my 130 hours on this game which some of you might think it's ridiculous that I'm giving it an average rate but believe me I haven't touched this game in over a year. Also very grindy to get a single skin or just pay more to get better looking and you need to find fiveGood game that starts very interesting and gets very boring with time due to lack of content and modes added. Judging by my 130 hours on this game which some of you might think it's ridiculous that I'm giving it an average rate but believe me I haven't touched this game in over a year. Also very grindy to get a single skin or just pay more to get better looking and you need to find five other players that you know because if you have no team composition you're basically going to lose every game Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2020
    I don't really get it's huge hype. It may be enjoyable for multiplayer fans, but it's not innovative and special at all. Just the next multiplayer FPS that doesn't offer much. I'm not a fan of it's visuals as well. I wish it had a singleplayer campaign that could higher the rating.
  32. Jun 22, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Была офигенная игра. Взяли ввели кроссплатформу и заставляете играть с клава мышью! Expand
  33. May 27, 2016
    Overwatch is Blizzard's new Multiplayer Shooter, Some compare it to games like Team Fortress 2 or maybe BattleBorn and other more MOBA related games. But it's basically a hero based arena shooter where each hero has something that makes it unique from the rest, This causes some heroes to be stronger against others or vice versa. Your success in Overwatch is directly related to your teamsOverwatch is Blizzard's new Multiplayer Shooter, Some compare it to games like Team Fortress 2 or maybe BattleBorn and other more MOBA related games. But it's basically a hero based arena shooter where each hero has something that makes it unique from the rest, This causes some heroes to be stronger against others or vice versa. Your success in Overwatch is directly related to your teams lineup and how well you work together. Playing solo may result in some very bad games if your team isn't wanting to work together. Playing with groups of friends will be much more enjoyable. Currently Overwatch only has Quick Matches and personal ranks but they plan to add a full ranked mode for people who want to take it seriously.
    The design behind Overwatch is done so perfectly, Everything from sound to characters it all just works so well together. Audio queues will let you know if someone is using a Ultimate or even the foots steps of a specific hero. Not much bad can be said when it comes to this aspect of Overwatch.
    One of the only things you can complain about with Overwatch is Matchmaking and team builds. Nothing is more discouraging then getting destroyed by a full grouped team over and over or getting paired up against people much higher level players. This will hopefully be fixed with the addition of competitive mode. Also having team stack one hero can make a game unplayable...some of the builds you can make up are nothing but torture.
    All in all if you enjoy multiplayer games like Team Fortress 2 and you are able to keep your cool give Overwatch a try.
  34. Sep 5, 2016
    Damn this one is boring. And I just hate multiplayer oriented games that aren't skill based.
    We have teams composed of champions, and they're far from being ballanced. From my point of view competitive multiplayer games should resemble chess - at the beggining each player should have exactly same chance of winning. Thats not the case here. Lets take maps for instance - I played some road map (route some numbers). This was just plain dumb, when I was defending convoy my whole team had hard time to simply leave the base, we were crushed, two matches later when I was attacking the convoy we just pummeled enemies.
    And it's no accident, its not the first blizzard game that suffers ballance issues.

Besides, the graphics are just average, amount of content is nice, but beside the ballance issue game suffers from lack of true goal. When I was on my way to work after playing another 20 or so matches I was wondering why Id waste so much time on something so unrewarding. There is no cool story Youl uncover. No sense of acomplishement after winning a match, because You wonder why You had won - because of Your skill or enemies just had worst champs/unfavorable map goal - and thats the nail in the coffin for Overwatch.

Maybe new Quake will bring back greatness to fps multiplayer games, dont bother with this Blizzard turd.
  35. May 30, 2016
    What initially starts as an amazing and fun experience slowly erodes into an all too predictable formula that fails to keep my interest with its very small amount of modes and content. As well as an unacceptably low tick rate.
  36. Oct 9, 2016
    Came in a bit later than everybody else, but decided to run out and get a copy as friends seemed to be having fun with it. Having put in a good chunk of hours I'm starting to think this was a flash in the pan, and the extent to which people no-longer post about it would seem to confirm that.

Overwatch is a class based ("Hero") shooter a-la Team Fortress 2, colorful graphics, large and varied roster, allegedly a dozen or so maps, all good. The problem is there is basically 1 game mode "go stand by the thing" with an implied "don't let the enemy stand by the thing." The maps are functionally identical and so easy to navigate you get the impression that they have been committee designed so as to meet some sort of balance criteria that makes them all equally boring.

The matchmaking is skittish and will frequently drop you on the "defeat" screen and then kick you from the game. It would appear that a single person leaving the match can be enough for the system to decide it's no longer worth bothering. Equally frustrating is the claim that you'll be playing with people of a similar skill level doesn't seem to pan out, matches are almost always a complete pushover for one team or the other. The best matches are of course when it goes right down to the wire, with the "overtime" mechanic apparently intended to encourage this sort of play, however as I said this seldom happens. Matches can be over in as little as 2 minutes, combine this with the excessive pre-match wait and the twitchy matchmaking and you've got a situation where you can end up spending most of your time twiddling your thumbs.

I'd like to suggest there are also some balance issues, especially if the enemy team is running 2 or more of the same hero, however any complaint will immediately be met by the community with "hero X is a hard counter to Y" lest blizzard ever be exposed to criticism of their game mechanics.

All in all considering how colorful and varied it is the whole experience ends up bland and repetitive and I've got a serious case of buyers remorse over paying full whack for what feels like a F2P game.
  37. May 31, 2016
    Overwatch is a fun game but at the moment has a small amount of content for a 60$ game. The developers have said that all dlc characters, maps, and anything else will be free so when those characters and maps begin coming out i will boost this score to an 8 or 9 depending on the content itself.

Overwatch is a great game graphically, gameplay wise, and story wise but where most of the game is strong the games biggest downfall at least at the moment is a lack of content. The heroes are well designed and feel diverse but while 21 sounds like a lot but you soon figure out the ones you enjoy and don't enjoy from each category and the rest will just sorta sit there unused. The maps are colorful and have diverse level design. The one flaw that i can't defend this game from is the level up and microtransaction systems, the way it works is every time you level up you get a loot box which contains a random set of 4 items that can be poses, emotes, skins, etc. You can also buy these boxes with real money, The problem being the contents are randomized, you can pull duplicates, you can get items for heroes you don't want to play (i got three zenyatta skins including his legendary even though i don't play him), and you have to hope that the box has the ingame currency so you can buy things you actually want. In conclusion overwatch is fun, even addicting at times but there's little to play here and the game tries to keep you playing with box openings that are not really that exciting like other box openings in games due to you getting some hardly noticeable or just plain unwanted things like voice lines.
  38. May 27, 2016
    This opinion is coming from a realistic minded gamer, I played the beta and that was all I needed to see. The game isn't a bad game by any means, but the $60 price tag for a game that has 21 heroes, only 6 maps roughly, just 2 game modes and no real options to search for lobbies is far too high priced for and not a day 1 buy. The game has no progression advantage, so you could buy thisThis opinion is coming from a realistic minded gamer, I played the beta and that was all I needed to see. The game isn't a bad game by any means, but the $60 price tag for a game that has 21 heroes, only 6 maps roughly, just 2 game modes and no real options to search for lobbies is far too high priced for and not a day 1 buy. The game has no progression advantage, so you could buy this when the price drops and be competitive due to each hero having set attacks and weapons. I'd give it a 6.8, because while I had fun in the beta, it's addicting and each hero has their own skills and identity, I knew that everything I seen in the beta would be in the finished product and a game that is nothing more than a "kill an hour of time before work" kinda game shouldn't be full priced, especially when it's bare in content and feels repetitive after an hour or 2. Expand
  39. Jan 22, 2017
    I was expecting this game to be decent because it is made from blizzard but the game sucks. Some characters are more powerful than others and their are some characters that are just useless to play. I only like three characters in the game. The characters also do not have enough abilities. Some characters are so plain and boring. I don't know what blizzard was thinking when they made thisI was expecting this game to be decent because it is made from blizzard but the game sucks. Some characters are more powerful than others and their are some characters that are just useless to play. I only like three characters in the game. The characters also do not have enough abilities. Some characters are so plain and boring. I don't know what blizzard was thinking when they made this game. Just skip this game. Expand
  40. Jun 9, 2016
    Remember Evolve?! This game is about the same. Cool concept of a hardcore team focused game (MLG) but if you lack a decent team it's just frustrating. Not bad but just not fun. If they do patch/fix the matchmaking then maybe.
    On the plus side all new heroes and maps will (should) be free - in the end contrary to Evolve.
  41. Jun 11, 2017
    The only saving grave here are the characters. Poor character balance, matchmaking is a joke, not taking groups in consideration at all. And while in competitive if you leave a second earlier before the VICTORY/DEFEAT pops up you're going to be punished, because the people who made this are are so dense as to not understand that when match complete pops up it should considered overThe only saving grave here are the characters. Poor character balance, matchmaking is a joke, not taking groups in consideration at all. And while in competitive if you leave a second earlier before the VICTORY/DEFEAT pops up you're going to be punished, because the people who made this are are so dense as to not understand that when match complete pops up it should considered over already. All in all, buy it when it's like 10$, otherwise it's not worth. Expand
  42. Dec 7, 2016
    Very easy, the graphics are not the best, it does not inspire to know the history or stories of the characters, very expensive for a game still in development, the objectives are very simple, there is no challenge, it is understood that it does not need campaign because this Oriented to be multiplayer, but not so it should be limited to a single objective that makes the games last lessVery easy, the graphics are not the best, it does not inspire to know the history or stories of the characters, very expensive for a game still in development, the objectives are very simple, there is no challenge, it is understood that it does not need campaign because this Oriented to be multiplayer, but not so it should be limited to a single objective that makes the games last less than 5 minutes, it takes longer to find a game than hard in a game, microtransactions within a video game already purchased does not make sense. Expand
  43. Jun 11, 2017
    There's one word that makes me hate this game, lag. I have fiber-optic internet with connection quality being five, but this game is like trying to make me doubt it. In every other online game, I have no lag except for games where I'm playing against one other person who doesn't have good internet. Other than that, there is no lag. But when I'm playing this game, I have insane amounts ofThere's one word that makes me hate this game, lag. I have fiber-optic internet with connection quality being five, but this game is like trying to make me doubt it. In every other online game, I have no lag except for games where I'm playing against one other person who doesn't have good internet. Other than that, there is no lag. But when I'm playing this game, I have insane amounts of lag. One time, I was using my ultimate against someone in a small room (I was angry because of the lag). I didn't even hit him at all but when I checked by death cam, I DIDN'T EVEN USE MY ULTIMATE AND I JUST WALKED IN THERE AND DIDN'T EVEN SHOOT LIKE AN IDIOT! HOW CAN THAT EVEN HAPPEN?! Sometimes when I try to reload, the game will reload but it will sometimes stop in animation and just quickly doesn't continue to reload. Another reason why I hate this game is my experience with Play of the Game. One time, I used my ultimate and killed four people who was stuck there by another player's ultimate. I didn't get Play of the Game, IT WAS THE OTHER PLAYER WHO DIDN'T EVEN KILL THEM HIMSELF!! Overall, I had some fun with the game but the tremendous amounts of lag killed it for me. One year later, still having it. Expand
  44. Oct 21, 2017
    thanks for encouraging loot boxes or loot crates.
    ever since Diablo 3's always online marketplace, I knew this company had such terrible ideas to rip their customers off.

The game is chopped into bits to sell more of this stuff.
    While their base games have quality art in them, ugh just rather support smaller or indie companies.
  45. May 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I kinda like Overwatch, it is fun,aloof and has a lot of fun characters,but, if you played the Beta, you have played the full 60 dollar game!
    Also, I cannot believe how hard it is to get the little loot boxes with experience just so you can get useless junk like voiceovers, sprays,character icons,emotes (that most barely use), victory poses and the stuff that everyone should care about, skins and the awesome highlight intros.
    I was hooked after I saw the Winston intro and I was like "Ohh this game has story mode? Awesome, I want to know the characters!" But nope, no story mode whatsoever. Also, if you want to be in highlights, it is easy with 2 characters, Torbjorn and Bastion because they have turrets and turrets win matches.
    I like this game but it should be at 40 bucks not 60 bucks. Also remember that you can purchase loot boxes with real money!
  46. Jun 1, 2016
    very expensive for the little content . It is a copy of forteress team 2. team forteress 2 is free. I do not understand the high notes of the press about this game ... ?
  47. Jun 2, 2016
    As of this moment this game is literally like the Beta if you played it. You didn't miss anything. There's nothing pass the Beta. I put in hours on this game, and I mean hours. Whenever I get a new game, I play only that until I'm tired of it. That's exactly what I did. I got tired of the game pretty quickly because of one thing: 2 modes and that it. I will be technical as it is only 2As of this moment this game is literally like the Beta if you played it. You didn't miss anything. There's nothing pass the Beta. I put in hours on this game, and I mean hours. Whenever I get a new game, I play only that until I'm tired of it. That's exactly what I did. I got tired of the game pretty quickly because of one thing: 2 modes and that it. I will be technical as it is only 2 modes but if you expand it there's 7 modes if you really want to lie about something:

1) Practice mode: basics
    2) practice mode: training
    3) PvP: KotH (king of the hill)
    4) PvP: escort
    5) PvE: KotH
    6) PvE: escort
    7) weeklies

^all of these is basically 2 modes since practice mode doesn't count and the pvp and pve does the same modes.

Now, I expected a lot from a triple A title, especially since I'm a multiplayer type of person. I played CoD, BF, Halo, Destiny, Borderlands, Gears of War, and Division. Each of those titles I had something to complain about since I'm skeptic on what "should" be in the game besides what in their future dlc. At this very moment though that I'm writing this review, this game is not worth the price on the label. This game should either be half the retail or even free.

You're thinking, I'm probably being hard the game. Well, let's compare to what you're missing in a triple A title that all other titles have done: Campaign, horde mode, and more than 2 modes of multiplayer. Is that so hard? You are paying $60 for literally a fraction of that. One would argue that you're getting all these characters. CoD4 multiplayer split screen local does somewhat a similar job. It has classes you can't create yourself that everyone can only play. You are playing an updated version of CoD4 local with only 2 modes: HQ and Safeguard. You get nothing else. If CoD did that to us, we'd expect the game to be beta or free. Everyone that's a fan of blizzard gaming has turned a blindeye to this since they are playing their favorite characters from league of legends.

I actually wish this game came with more; in fact, I hope the DLCs come free. Where this game stands from gaming review seems paid off and fake. Although I seem negative about this review there's a reason why I'm giving this game a 4 out of 10.

Campaign: 0/10
    PvE: 4/10 (terrible AI)
    PvP: 9/10

^if you average this it become 4.3/10. You can have an incredible multiplayer, but if that's all you have I'd even be more specific as the multiplayer isn't that amazing since there's only 2 modes. I'm being lenient when giving multiplayer pvp a 9/10. It should technically be 5/10 since there's no tdm or any other modes.
  48. Jun 1, 2016
    At first glance Overwatch is a beautiful, and fluid arena style FPS, and seems to be compared to games like Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, and Quake Arena by many people which naturally tugged at my heart strings. Seeing as how much I loved the aforementioned games I thought I would give it a go. I didn't get to play the beta or anything so I went in somewhat blind. OverwatchAt first glance Overwatch is a beautiful, and fluid arena style FPS, and seems to be compared to games like Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, and Quake Arena by many people which naturally tugged at my heart strings. Seeing as how much I loved the aforementioned games I thought I would give it a go. I didn't get to play the beta or anything so I went in somewhat blind. Overwatch completely took me by surprise at first. It was so much fun those first couple hours. Sure. It does have some minor balancing issues, but once you get a better understanding of the characters and what they can do, on top of being able to switch characters at any respawn the imbalance issue somewhat fixes itself. My problem is there just isn't enough here. Especially for 60 bucks. As much as I hate the price point debate (because it is really hard to find that line between under and over priced when it comes to games) I just can't justify the 60 dollars this game costs. Knowing Blizzard I am sure they will rectify this with added DLC later, but it will literally need to be another "half" added to the game to even come close to making it feel less repetitive. With all do respect to my brother and sister gamers, I just can't say Battlefront was lacking content and then play this game and say it is a solid 8 or 9. The funny thing is Battlefront had A TON more to it than Overwatch does! I would highly suggest playing Overwatch............when it gets to the bargain bin. Expand
  49. Jun 5, 2016
    Initially I would've given Overwatch a 9/10. But after about 15 hours of play it isn't as great as it's hyped up to be. It's alot like TF2 with a more pixar art style and less balance. With so many characters only useful on specific maps it's hard to ever play as your favorite all the time. The biggest issues are the lack of content at launch, hopefully more will be released, and the factInitially I would've given Overwatch a 9/10. But after about 15 hours of play it isn't as great as it's hyped up to be. It's alot like TF2 with a more pixar art style and less balance. With so many characters only useful on specific maps it's hard to ever play as your favorite all the time. The biggest issues are the lack of content at launch, hopefully more will be released, and the fact that theres next to no community on ps4. Most players run around chasing kills or just camping as a handful of turret characters or shielders as well as the same couple of powerful attackers. It's hard to enjoy when 9 times out of 10 people wont communicate, play balanced teams or play objectives. Although it is really fun when you get in a good lobby and everything comes together. I cant recommend a 60$ price tag. Expand
  50. Sep 30, 2019
    Overwatch is a particularly joyless piece of software that never seems to go anywhere
  51. Feb 18, 2017
    Overwatch is a fun team based shooter with a variety of characters with their own skills and a world with a good amount of lore but that is only able take this game so far with its lack of modes and sort of gets boringly repetitive after a while. The progression feels pointless and the loot crates offer useless prizes such as skins, sprays, voices (emotes), icons, stances, and PotGOverwatch is a fun team based shooter with a variety of characters with their own skills and a world with a good amount of lore but that is only able take this game so far with its lack of modes and sort of gets boringly repetitive after a while. The progression feels pointless and the loot crates offer useless prizes such as skins, sprays, voices (emotes), icons, stances, and PotG stances. All of which i have not felt compelled to use.

Anyway even though it is fun the lack of modes and pointless progression and rewards makes me feel like I should have waited for a sale.
  52. Oct 19, 2016
    This is fun if you're playing norms, cool heroes and fun graphics. But if you try the ranked gameplay; you can really find out how crap this game can get. Ps4 has no chat, the best communication you can give other teammates (which are most the time attempting to play genji) is a good old' thumbs up and an indication that we have no healer. If you cannot communicate with a garbage team inThis is fun if you're playing norms, cool heroes and fun graphics. But if you try the ranked gameplay; you can really find out how crap this game can get. Ps4 has no chat, the best communication you can give other teammates (which are most the time attempting to play genji) is a good old' thumbs up and an indication that we have no healer. If you cannot communicate with a garbage team in overwatch, it's the hardest thing in the world to carry. forever getting dumped on in gold because that one bloke chose Hanzo instead of a support. I'm sure this game is a lot smoother and less retarded on PC but for PS4; this game is frustrating as balls, 5/10. Expand
  53. May 25, 2016
    Great game. I haven't had so much fun playing a game since the halo days. Lots of fun characters to choose from . Definitely worth the purchase, ignore the criticism.
  54. Jun 8, 2016
    This game gets really boring really quick. It had the potential to be good with a good variety of distinctive heroes to play as breaking the norm from your typical FPS. However there's no progression system (nothing to unlock/upgrade except for the appearance of the heroes) which makes earning experience points and “levelling up” very ungratifying. Furthermore despite the various maps andThis game gets really boring really quick. It had the potential to be good with a good variety of distinctive heroes to play as breaking the norm from your typical FPS. However there's no progression system (nothing to unlock/upgrade except for the appearance of the heroes) which makes earning experience points and “levelling up” very ungratifying. Furthermore despite the various maps and game modes, all games seem to play out the same with all the action focused around a given objective point - it's a frantic run-and-gun experience which soon gets v.repetitive. After only a few hours I felt I'd done it all and there was little point forcing myself to continuing to playing. I've returned my copy for a refund. Expand
  55. May 25, 2016
    Overwatch is essential the updated version of Team Fortress 2, but in my mind is more polished and varied. Its also a great experience that is simply fun. Unfortunately it is online competitive multiplayer only and unless you get the PC version ($40 for the base game) you are stuck with the Origins edition for consoles with a $60 price tag - which is definitely $20 more than it should be!Overwatch is essential the updated version of Team Fortress 2, but in my mind is more polished and varied. Its also a great experience that is simply fun. Unfortunately it is online competitive multiplayer only and unless you get the PC version ($40 for the base game) you are stuck with the Origins edition for consoles with a $60 price tag - which is definitely $20 more than it should be!

With that aside, Overwatch is a great FPS competitive multiplayer game that is easy to pick up and play. Each character is very unique and fun to play.

GRAPHICS: Great detail and love in the maps and to the characters - its very upbeat and lighthearted and works very well with a smooth 60 FPS.

SOUND: Great sound design with good banter and indicators as well as source to reception variability.

SOUNDTRACK: Not amazing but fits with the game for sure.

VOICE: Well voice acted with small tidbits of sayings and emotes - not a big part of the game but is well done none the less and adds to the enjoyment.

GAME PLAY: Incredibly varied and fun but released with only 4 modes and 12 maps.

REPLAYABILITY: Very replayable and is is built for replay and hopefully free updates will expand the content, but this is Activision that is publishing it and microtransactions are already present - so one will most likely have to pay for every piece of additional content.

For me the game is worth $40 and I will get $40 worth of enjoyment out of it. If you are on the fence, see if you can try it on console or rent it for a console to see if it fits for you. If you like Team Fortress at all, then I think you will really enjoy this title.
  56. May 24, 2016
    Overall the game is very polished, has a good netcode(for me atleast) and offers old tricks in new ways. Yes it lacks maps and some heroes are better than others. But for me this is a lot of fun

I find it a bit lackluster when a game does not have a campaing mode. SW:Battlefront was the first example and R6 Siege the next. Overwatch has already a rich lore so a campaing would've been nice, altough you can go and watch the animated shorts from youtube, they are GREAT!

I also like the art style, not every game needs to be hyper realistic when it comes to graphics.

In the end if you like MOBAS and first person shooters, this hybrid is for you.
  57. Jul 7, 2016
    Overwatch is Team Fortress 2 with bright current gen graphics and lots of marketing. Blizzard spared no expense in making Overwatch an un-ignorable release, but after playing a few hours, i was bored.

Whats the point? Level up-- You get some worthless in game graffiti or if youre really lucky a new "skin" or outfit for a random character. So XP is meaningless and winning matches is therefore also meaningless.

It plays fine, and the characters are taken from every video game trope, making sure every taste is represented, but the minute to minute game play never grabbed me, and without a meta game to drive progression, i saw no reason to play again after my initial session.

Overwatch is for a particular type of gamer. A niche that has been filled in the past with less flashy but just as competent titles like Team Fortress 2. If you like that specific experience, you will like Overwatch. Otherwise, its merely a distraction in a year of many more interesting games in all genres.

I suggest borrowing it for a weekend or renting it before you buy it.
    Overwatch has suspect staying power, even if you initially enjoy it.
  58. May 26, 2016
    This could be the co-op/teamwork FPS of this generation if Blizzard commits to the promise of more maps, characters and game types. The most fun I've had in a PS4 shooter. Lots of different ways to play and you'll find yourself changing characters on the fly to react to the strategy employed by your opponents. Character animation looks great, the maps look even better--and it's not evenThis could be the co-op/teamwork FPS of this generation if Blizzard commits to the promise of more maps, characters and game types. The most fun I've had in a PS4 shooter. Lots of different ways to play and you'll find yourself changing characters on the fly to react to the strategy employed by your opponents. Character animation looks great, the maps look even better--and it's not even fully realized.

A++
  59. May 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game play is fun! graphics looks amazing!
    blizzard always good at making characters, !
    I hope that they add more characters in the future or making a series or a movie from overwatch!
  60. May 24, 2016
    This game is beautiful great gameplay fun playing with friends, this game has everything right. Except for one thing, team balancing, this is what is making me get annoyed at the game the fact that I have too charge through A f**k tonne of Bastions/Torbjorn's. This is just the single most annoying feature of the game. The fact that there is no capping too how many of one character you canThis game is beautiful great gameplay fun playing with friends, this game has everything right. Except for one thing, team balancing, this is what is making me get annoyed at the game the fact that I have too charge through A f**k tonne of Bastions/Torbjorn's. This is just the single most annoying feature of the game. The fact that there is no capping too how many of one character you can pick and it simply makes the game unbearable at times, absolutely nothing has been nerfed in beta, this is primarily Torbjorn's turret, the amount of strength you need too take it down (plus the 360 degree angle it turns in) is just down right stupid and it really makes it hard too play. All I need is nerf of Torbjorn and character cap limit, and then this game would be one of the best I have ever played. Expand
  61. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch is a great editon to the FPS genre, as it offers great team synergy and a huge roster of heroes to choose from, all having different roles and skills, (tank, support, offense, and defense) and are vastly unique from each other. It runs at a smooth 60 fps on consoles and PC.

The game features 12 maps currently, and has 3 different 6v6 objective based game mode, (escort, assault, and control) each of which allows for use of all of the different heroes this game has to offer. The maps are very well designed, each having various different locations and choke points that help tailor to each characters role and set of skills. There are high vantage points for snipers to rain damage from, as well as low hiding spots and vast lanes for players to take advantage of.

This game is very team based. It greatly rewards players who use teamwork and are able to correlate each hero's skill set with one another. So to speak, this game has a much more rewarding experience when playing with a group of friends or a set team. From what I've played, solo queueing isn't bad, it's just hard to be abe to communicate and correlate with a bunch of random players. For a better experience with this game, I very much recommend finding a group of players to play with, as opposed to playing by yourself.

This game also offers cosmetics you can attain for you heroes by opening lootcrates. Lootcrates are gained simply by leveling up or can be bought at a price. These cosmetics are essentially what they are, cosmetics, and will not alter the gameplay at all.

If you've played the beta, this game is unchanged currently. Same maps, same heroes, and same game modes. I anticipate that Blizzard will continue to update this game with new content and gameplay balances, so if you liked it then, you'll like it now!
  62. May 25, 2016
    This game is just fun! The art style is like a Pixar Disney movie which is a huge change when compared to most games.

You can play any of the 21 hero's available. Better yet they all play differently, have their own abilities and ultimate's! The best thing about this game is that you never really feel like you lose. Even if you didn't win the match, you still feel like you contributed to your team and did your best. I just simply can't get mad at this game.
    Another great thing about this game is that there's tons of unlock-ables that you can get through opening loot boxes. Every loot box contains four items. Ever item is specific to one of the 21 hero's you can choose from. And the customization isn't too bad either for all of the characters. You have intro's to choose from, skins, different sprays.

The only negative things I've gathered from this are that it may eventually become repetitive if Blizzard doesn't add new maps and new things to the game.
  63. Jun 6, 2016
    Im giving this turd a 1 to simply counter the dilusional people and kids that are giving this a 10! This game got super boring quick and there was absolutley no content. the loot boxes are basicly at a slow trickle to force your hand for spending even more money lmao....stay away from this game and dont listen to the game reviewers scores either because there obviously paid or dumb to giveIm giving this turd a 1 to simply counter the dilusional people and kids that are giving this a 10! This game got super boring quick and there was absolutley no content. the loot boxes are basicly at a slow trickle to force your hand for spending even more money lmao....stay away from this game and dont listen to the game reviewers scores either because there obviously paid or dumb to give this any higher than a 6! Expand
  64. Jun 1, 2016
    Overwatch is an interesting team-based arena shooter game. I currently have about 24 hours in and I have to say, the game is pretty damn fun most of the time. I say most of the time because the game modes can get boring after awhile and sometimes your team mates can ruin the experience just like in any team-based game(more on this later). The game is a most buy though if you have friendsOverwatch is an interesting team-based arena shooter game. I currently have about 24 hours in and I have to say, the game is pretty damn fun most of the time. I say most of the time because the game modes can get boring after awhile and sometimes your team mates can ruin the experience just like in any team-based game(more on this later). The game is a most buy though if you have friends that are willing to play with you. The combo's and strategies that me and buddies came up with were hype. The visuals are really nice too. I wasn't a big fan of the cartoony look that Blizzard went for but I've grown to like it after awhile. The lore and details that are put into each character are very nice and detailed too which made me get attached to some of the characters(Genji Expand
  65. May 24, 2016
    This is one of the most fun games I have picked up in years! I am amazed at how well they've managed to balance all 21 heroes. Some can be a real pain to fight against if they set themselves up well (looking at you Bastion) but if you're smart you can swap out of a new hero and counter him with ease. That's what makes the game so fun, it's dynamic and tactical. The best strategy/hero outThis is one of the most fun games I have picked up in years! I am amazed at how well they've managed to balance all 21 heroes. Some can be a real pain to fight against if they set themselves up well (looking at you Bastion) but if you're smart you can swap out of a new hero and counter him with ease. That's what makes the game so fun, it's dynamic and tactical. The best strategy/hero out of the gate might not be the best once you've passed the first objective.

Solo play is fun and casual and matchmaking works well. Playing with a group of friends is the best way to play it though.

Graphics and very blizzard but the game looks great and the sound is spot-on! The way the music builds towards the end of the game to give attacking players a sense of urgency is just fantastic!

With so many hero combinations every game is different and if they continue to support the game with new maps and heroes down the line, this will have real longevity!

66. Aug 17, 2016
    Blizzard . Stop releasing 60 dollar Games with no content. Excellent mechanics, etc. but no Story, no maps, unless you spend another 60+ dll's . then sell a complete game in 120 dlls if that is the real price that you want to sell it
  67. May 24, 2016
    Played the Beta non-stop, loved it, This game is so fun. Not a game you could play all day but surely for casual players a whole lot a fun a great purchase.
  68. May 25, 2016
    Overwatch takes FPS multiplayer and provides a unbelievable immersive and fun experience. The key word here is fun, as Blizzard has created a world where you discover new characters and new features and abilities whether you have played 5 games or 105 games and, despite the lack of a story or a variety of game modes, Overwatch will keep you hooked and playing for hours. This is somethingOverwatch takes FPS multiplayer and provides a unbelievable immersive and fun experience. The key word here is fun, as Blizzard has created a world where you discover new characters and new features and abilities whether you have played 5 games or 105 games and, despite the lack of a story or a variety of game modes, Overwatch will keep you hooked and playing for hours. This is something that games like The Division has failed to do lately.

The multiple characters, each with their own unique abilities and traits that provide something different to each game mode and battle, give the game an interesting and diverse aspect that will keep everyone hooked. What stands out here though is how strategic the game can be. Rather than choosing one character and giving him traits or perks and playing every game the same way, Overwatch requires you to play as a team, look at what the team has and what it needs, and adapt what character you choose and how you play in order to help the team win. This is something that might be new to console gamers, and could be hit or miss within the community.

Though Overwatch does lack in game modes, the modes that are there can provide hours of fun for a FPS multiplayer shooter, and the lack of story matters none in my opinion as I am totally immersed in the experience anyway.
  69. Jun 8, 2016
    First of all, Overwatch is a great looking game. However, it's 2016 and most games are pretty great looking, so there are no bonus points for that. Basically, this game felt like a remake of Timesplitters 2 for Gamecube. It's a cartoon shooter that has two game modes that get boring very, very quickly. I bought this game on a Friday, and returned it on a Sunday. Do yourself a favorFirst of all, Overwatch is a great looking game. However, it's 2016 and most games are pretty great looking, so there are no bonus points for that. Basically, this game felt like a remake of Timesplitters 2 for Gamecube. It's a cartoon shooter that has two game modes that get boring very, very quickly. I bought this game on a Friday, and returned it on a Sunday. Do yourself a favor and get this one out of the red box before you buy it. If you're really in need of a shooter, Star Wars Battlefront is down to 40$ and blows this game out of the water as far as content and play control goes. Having 25 characters is great, but none of them are really fun to use. I for the life of me cannot understand what all the hype about this game is for, it's very below average. Expand
  70. May 25, 2016
    The last time I played a game that felt this unique and had this level of accessibility I was playing the original gears of war. I love this game and the beta just made sure I purchased a copy at launch. Hears to blizzard and a decade of support for a brand new shooter franchise!
  71. May 26, 2016
    I've put in 30+ hours into the game so far and I've never had so much fun with a game before in such a long time. If you're into strategic based shooters and you're in need of something fresh to sink your teeth into then I highly suggest getting this game and giving it a try. Also I highly suggest you play with friends to get the most fun out of this game, playing solo is great too butI've put in 30+ hours into the game so far and I've never had so much fun with a game before in such a long time. If you're into strategic based shooters and you're in need of something fresh to sink your teeth into then I highly suggest getting this game and giving it a try. Also I highly suggest you play with friends to get the most fun out of this game, playing solo is great too but coming up with perfect plays with your mates feels extremely satisfying. Some characters do have learning curves from the first instance of playing but playing through your first few matches will change that as each character is adaptable over time. Expand
  72. May 24, 2016
    Blizzard entertainment have created an amazing First person Team Based Game with Overwatch. Its very addictive with easy controls and amazing graphics. The gameplay is smooth and tactics are key to victory.
  73. May 24, 2016
    Characters are extremely well balance and all offer something unique to the overall experience. Got a copy with 4 other friends and haven't looked back since. Great Game!
  74. May 25, 2016
    Great game. Plays like team fortress 2. Honestly, feels like it should only cost about $20, but a) this is a review of how good the game is, not how much content it packs, and b) blizzard has a good reputation for supporting games, and that has some value.

Graphics are great, gun play is great, battles are diverse...need to team up. No story mode, but what it does, it does perfectly. 10/10
  75. May 25, 2016
    I loathe shooters thanks to COD, that being said, I couldn't wait to play this game. The game is amazing. I love the diverse characters and the fact that teamwork is required to win. Each character has his own unique play style and you should have no problem finding one to your liking. The graphics are bright and the visuals are solid on the console. Other than bastion being a bitI loathe shooters thanks to COD, that being said, I couldn't wait to play this game. The game is amazing. I love the diverse characters and the fact that teamwork is required to win. Each character has his own unique play style and you should have no problem finding one to your liking. The graphics are bright and the visuals are solid on the console. Other than bastion being a bit unbalanced, the game is a homerun for me and will put many more hours into it. Expand
  76. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch Review:

+ Art style is absolutely gorgeous! + Gameplay, smooth and fun! + Cosmetics are cool and a fun way of customizing your character! - Repetitive progression system - No upgrading system - Lack of variety To be fair this game is addictive and fun as hell. But im not sure if its going to have the variety to keep me playing for months! However everything else
    Overwatch Review:

+ Art style is absolutely gorgeous!
    + Gameplay, smooth and fun!
    + Cosmetics are cool and a fun way of customizing your character!

- Repetitive progression system
    - No upgrading system
    - Lack of variety

To be fair this game is addictive and fun as hell. But im not sure if its going to have the variety to keep me playing for months! However everything else about this game is nice!

Worth the full game price: No
    Is it worth playing at all: Yes!
    Score: 8/10
  77. May 25, 2016
    Ignore the ridiculous 0 hater ratings, if it wasn't for those the average score would be 9 upwards. This game has it all. Amazing graphics, slick fresh gameplay, unbelievable game and character design and a real rank level system which is unfortunately missing from Uncharted 4.... This is the FPS of the generation! Buy it and see :)
  78. May 24, 2016
    Let me just say this it is a fun game, it is not without its own set of problems but overall it is a great game. Blizzard has succeeded in creating a fun cooperative fps. I have already spent a lot of time in the game and still have stuff to learn; there are 22 different and unique characters to play with their own set of abilities.

Despite the calls of some of the people on that it

Despite the calls of some of the people on that it will die in a month like titanfall I don't believe so, I have spent more then 75 hours in the game and am still discovering new things. I believe that as long as Blizzard continues to support the game it will be around for a long time to come.
  79. May 24, 2016
    I don't like shooters, but Overwatch is amazing! Addicting, accessible, beautiful! Balanced and amazing design!

The fact that there is no single player do not affect the lore of the game. Blizzard is releasing many videos and other materials that complement the lore.
  80. May 31, 2016
    I liked this game, but the high number of disconnects while playing is just unacceptable, especially since it costs as much as any triple A title. alot of my friends have been getting disconnected as well. This can seriously ruin the mood when we all log in for a night of online gaming.

Aside from that this game has no depth. Limited modes eventually grow boring. Yes there are alot of characters to choose from, and that provides for alot of different match ups. However, it just starts to feel after a few hours that every match is the same. This wouldnt be too much of a problem if the game was priced reasonably. But for being charged around 60 USD for a game that has not an iota of single player, or a coop campaign mode, the absurd amount of mid match disconnects, and the lack of real depth in game play (unless playing at competitive level) makes it hard to give this a score of anything above average.

Was going to give this game a 6-7, but mid match disconnects is just sloppy. Hopefully they will fix this in an upcoming patch.
  81. May 24, 2016
    This is a game i have played from Beta on both PC and PS4 and couldn't wait for the release and now that it is out i can say it is easily one of the best games i have played in quite some time so much fun i can say too anyone who wants to play it but is unsure please do pick it up it is worth every cent spent.
  82. May 25, 2016
    Overwatch got me hooked from the very beginning during the beta. It was a game I have been waiting over a year to play and the hype is real. Blizzard has put together their first successful FPS with a fun gaming atmosphere that will make you never want to stop. The various creative characters, map variations, loot boxes and other little things in the game make this game what it is. IOverwatch got me hooked from the very beginning during the beta. It was a game I have been waiting over a year to play and the hype is real. Blizzard has put together their first successful FPS with a fun gaming atmosphere that will make you never want to stop. The various creative characters, map variations, loot boxes and other little things in the game make this game what it is. I highly recommend this game to any gamer who's looking for a game that's purely fun and will keep you busy for hours on end. Expand
  83. May 26, 2016
    I thought I was done with FPS games. I thought the days that I could sit and play a game for 5 hours at a time were long gone. I thought I'd never have to dust off the commode chair to avoid unnecessary mid-game bathroom breaks ever again.

I was wrong. People who bemoan the lack of a single player campaign can go choose from a hundred other games, I'm glad when a game company

I was wrong.
    People who bemoan the lack of a single player campaign can go choose from a hundred other games, I'm glad when a game company focuses on one thing and gets it right. They got it right.
  84. May 24, 2016
    I am giving this game a solid 9/10 for three reasons. 1) This game is so easy to just pick up and play for five minutes or five hours. The gameplay is simple and replicates tf2 in a lot of ways, but this is not a bad thing. TF2 was successful for a reason, albeit at a different price point, but more on that later. I foresee this game as being a game that people will play for awhile andI am giving this game a solid 9/10 for three reasons. 1) This game is so easy to just pick up and play for five minutes or five hours. The gameplay is simple and replicates tf2 in a lot of ways, but this is not a bad thing. TF2 was successful for a reason, albeit at a different price point, but more on that later. I foresee this game as being a game that people will play for awhile and even more people will join later as the price goes down because it is so approachable with likeable characters, strong gameplay, and good replayability. 2) There is a good community for this game...so far. Since this is a Blizzard game, I have no doubt this game will continue to have a growing fan base on twitch and youtube. It is almost impossible to avoid seeing let's plays of this game on youtube and so many people are already streaming the game. 3) Blizzard has told us that all new characters and maps will be free in the future. This is where the price of admission comes in and where Overwatch will have the opportunity to prove its worth. This is so rare in games today that are asking half the price of the game, or more, for an additional season pass. Cough... cough.... Battlefront. Given Battlefront has released some free DLC, there is still a $50 season pass to enjoy the majority of the game's additional content. Now, whether or not Blizzard will deliver on this front in a good way, is yet to be seen, but I have good faith that they will deliver on this front. Expand
  85. May 27, 2016
    By far the best FPS this Gen so far, hands down. The only on-line only game I'll be playing for a while. Every character is so different and unique. At first you may feel that some character are OP and others are useless. But you have to understand that everyone has a counter character. They want you to switch out characters as much as possible. If someone is owning you, the switch to aBy far the best FPS this Gen so far, hands down. The only on-line only game I'll be playing for a while. Every character is so different and unique. At first you may feel that some character are OP and others are useless. But you have to understand that everyone has a counter character. They want you to switch out characters as much as possible. If someone is owning you, the switch to a different hero. Never play as the same character the whole game. This game is the complete opposite of a "bro shooter" Expand
  86. May 25, 2016
    This feels like the Team Fortress 2 of a new generation. Maps for the most part all play well and uniquely, all characters serve a purpose. Easy game to play but hard to master. I enjoy the wide variety of ways you can play the game, but some explosive abilities can be a little OP. Look forward to a competitive mode and what ever other additions they bring.
    8.5/10
  87. May 27, 2016
    A very solid shooter. An abundance of characters to choose from with more to come from Blizzard, vibrant visuals, very well-designed maps, and deep mechanics. There is a slight lack of content at launch, but there are plenty of free updates coming, and the variety of characters there are to learn will keep everyone busy for awhile.
  88. May 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. before i start my overall review of this game one thing must be addressed first, free dlc for life. most of the negative comments for this game attack it solely because its not free to play. this game would not survive if it had that kind of system. locking characters behind a 5 or 10 dollar pay wall could not work because of how the game works. lets say that one character on the opposite team is destroying everyone on your team, the hero you are currently playing is weak to that certain character, so you decide to switch over to one that could easily defeat that character. because of the free to play system, you dont own a certain hero to counter that hero, so you basiclly lose the match because of it. imagine the 60$ as a but in fee, everyone has the same hero and same abilities, their is no advantage of some players spending the most to own all the heroes while most players only own 2 or 3. sure people can complain about spending money on loot boxes, but their purely cosmetic, and no advantage. the negative comments will also say that if you want a better multiplayer experience play call of duty or battlefield. over watch separates itself from those style of games. overwatch plays dramatically different from those games because not everyone has assault rifles or exo suits. each character in the game plays different from one another, and each has their own moves that they bring to help their team to hold the objective or to help move the payload. the game overall is graphically impressive and no lags or bugs what so ever, sound is very on point like every other blizzard title. blizzards main priority in all of their games is game play first,which is where the game raises the bar for other titles. if you are sick and tired of the generic team deathmatch call of duty where you sink 60$ every year plus 50$ dlc, overwatch is a cartoon style larger than life hero game with pulse rifles, scrap shotguns, heavy hammers, freeze guns, bow and arrows, Tesla guns, and so much more. are you with us? Expand
  89. May 24, 2016
    Great game, hands down. For sure worth the buy. Will be even better in the future once more game play is added and the community organizes around it..
  90. May 27, 2016
    Best game so far to play with team mates. Perfectly balanced, fast, beautiful. Its gameplay is amazing and perfect and the team play dynamic requires organization and team work.
  91. May 31, 2016
    Overwatch is a goddamn treasure. I say this as someone who is not typically interested in multiplayer shooters, but who used to enjoy team shooters. It kind of makes sense that I like Overwatch because it feels like the ultimate class-based team shooter.

Let me list the things I love about Overwatch: It has fun and varied and attractive characters, multiple different game modes, gorgeous and well-designed zones, brilliant and rewarding post-game stats displays, built-in highlights, non-offensive microtransactions solely for cosmetic items, and so on.

Overwatch is a master class in videogame design. Here are some examples:

Enemy characters have louder footsteps, and their footsteps are distinctive—the samurai Hanzo is light on his fight while D.Va in her walking mech sounds like she’s clomping around in a robotic exoskeleton.

Character silhouettes are so distinct that you can identify which character is around the corner based on the shadow it is throwing on a wall down the hall.

The post-game screens are brilliant and feel rewarding regardless of your personal skill level. It is much more than just a leaderboard, recognizing you for performing well with stats that make sense for the particular character(s) you used that game.

A few technical problems on console do arise, and there are some imbalanced characters on particular maps and modes, but I have faith that Blizzard will fix these issues over time because they have legendary support of their games.

No matter what kind of gamer you are, you owe it to yourself to play Overwatch. It’s that great.
  92. May 27, 2016
    This review is based upon what I have played thus far.. If I get 10 solid hours out of a game and I enjoy it the whole time, I feel like the game has done it's job. I have put about 12 hours into this game so far, and I have been completely entertained the whole time.. I have barely even tried all the characters. I will probably put another 30+ hours into it and have a ton of fun doingThis review is based upon what I have played thus far.. If I get 10 solid hours out of a game and I enjoy it the whole time, I feel like the game has done it's job. I have put about 12 hours into this game so far, and I have been completely entertained the whole time.. I have barely even tried all the characters. I will probably put another 30+ hours into it and have a ton of fun doing so.. Very fresh and cool game. Expand
  93. May 26, 2016
    I won't say that this game is perfect. Granted there isn't a boat load of content for it RIGHT NOW. Having said that many people don't look past their initial impressions and dive deep into really looking game they decide to pay $60 dollars for. I have read reviews of people who when into Overwatch having not played the beta, having not seen gameplay, having not done any sort of researchI won't say that this game is perfect. Granted there isn't a boat load of content for it RIGHT NOW. Having said that many people don't look past their initial impressions and dive deep into really looking game they decide to pay $60 dollars for. I have read reviews of people who when into Overwatch having not played the beta, having not seen gameplay, having not done any sort of research whatsoever and rated it obscenely poorly because they felt gypped when it was clearly their own fault for a poor allocation of their funds. $60 dollars is a lot. Is this game worth that much? I can't say that everyone would feel that way at least now but that doesn't affect that I feel the gameplay, the visuals, the score and the fun isn't worth the time and money I have put into it. There is more to come and many consumers haven't bothered to check that there isn't going to be 'only' 21 characters. They will be releasing more as the game's life cycle grows completely free. I can't imagine that the map count would be any different especially since that seems to be the way map content in games is shifting. I didn't see anyone complaining about 343 giving out all of their maps in Halo 5 for free. Another gripe I have been seeing is the lack of anything unlockable. I get that. But if that is all that drives you play Call of Duty, play Battlefield. Don't come into a game with preconceived notions that have no basis because you decided not to check it out before you blew your money and called it a crap game. It just makes you look stupid. All in all, this game is great. $60 dollars is a lot for a game period. For this game maybe a little more than that but wait it out. Do your research. Feel it out. Play it at a friends house first and if you don't like it, don't get it. If you do then sweet! You have a ton of people to play with that I know will be enjoying it just as much as you. This game is great. Lacking in a ton of content at the moment but when has Blizzard not been known to put out more? It'll come soon™. Definitely worthy of a high score. Expand
  94. Jan 9, 2017
    This game started out great, then it became dull,
    It's not for everyone, and it can sometimes cause huge anger and frustration because of the matchmaking system.
    I don't regret buying it as it was great when it first came out, but I probably won't play it much anymore, I'd like to check out better games than wasting my time playing more Overwatch.
  95. Apr 13, 2017
    overrated piece of **** ... this game is a joke and I don't understand how can this game get Game of the Year .... take Team Fortress 2 and its game mechanics, put some sexy girls with nice booty and you have overwatch ... I hope this game dies soon !!
  96. Jul 11, 2016
    Best multiplayer only game I've played in a long time (excluding TF2) boasting a roster of 21 characters to play. This game is Very casual friendly solo or with friends, and great for pros who want to use advanced tactics and strategy. Anyone wanting a balanced-team-based multiplayer Tier1(AAA) title should do themselves a favor.

My one issue is $60 is a bit pricey for content offered

My one issue is $60 is a bit pricey for content offered as of 7-11-16, however that being said, another character, map and more skins are on the way.
  97. Dec 2, 2016
    By far my favorite game of all time, the characters and world it creates without a story is amazing, and the game play is phenomenal. Buy this game, I promise you it'll be worth it.
  98. Jul 14, 2017
    this game is stupid poop wanna know why well yeah it hurt my babys feelings and i wont stand for it so like suscribe and commint ifu want oversplash taken down too >;(
  99. Jan 14, 2019
    Biggest waste of money. i've never regretted buying something more than i do right now. i have yet to have any fun in this game at all. More disappointing than my late son, may he and this game burn in hell for eternity.
  100. Jun 6, 2016
    I normally hate shooters, and I typically steer clear of online multiplayer unless a close friend compels me to join. Against all odds, Blizzard has overcome both of these aversions, and I'm absolutely in love with Overwatch. The game is a joy to play, nuanced yet totally accessible. Many comparisons have been drawn to Team Fortress, but it also harkens back to a time when I still playedI normally hate shooters, and I typically steer clear of online multiplayer unless a close friend compels me to join. Against all odds, Blizzard has overcome both of these aversions, and I'm absolutely in love with Overwatch. The game is a joy to play, nuanced yet totally accessible. Many comparisons have been drawn to Team Fortress, but it also harkens back to a time when I still played games like Quake II and Unreal Tournament with my college buddies. Yet Overwatch is so much deeper and well-polished. The backstory is interesting, the cast is an unparalleled multi-cultural mix of instantly lovable personalities, the visual design is sublime, and the online functionality is flawlessly fluid. I love the concept of leveling for cosmetic loot, incentives for backfilling quick matches is genius in that it keeps you engaged and progressing regardless of your team's skill or success, and the contextual awareness between the characters you control means you don't even have to talk with strangers if you'd prefer to keep the mic off. It's a lesson in community inclusion, in making even the weaker links feel like they're worth having on the team. Overwatch is multiplayer genius. I'm so glad I purchased it on a whim and got outside my single-player RPG comfort zone. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2016
    Simply the best multiplayer shooter to come along in years. Pure, joyous fun. [July 2016, p.74]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jul 24, 2016
    That the game hangs together visually is remarkable; that it should cohere so well in design terms, unfathomable. [Aug 2016, p.104]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 16, 2016
    Blizzard's addictive and tactical team-based shooter is essential - the character-switching mechanic sweetens the genre. Group up with friends to avoid clueless carnage and enjoy the true game. [Aug 2016, p.82]