6.4

Mixed or average reviews- based on 1921 Ratings

1. Jun 6, 2016
    I normally hate shooters, and I typically steer clear of online multiplayer unless a close friend compels me to join. Against all odds, Blizzard has overcome both of these aversions, and I'm absolutely in love with Overwatch. The game is a joy to play, nuanced yet totally accessible. Many comparisons have been drawn to Team Fortress, but it also harkens back to a time when I still playedI normally hate shooters, and I typically steer clear of online multiplayer unless a close friend compels me to join. Against all odds, Blizzard has overcome both of these aversions, and I'm absolutely in love with Overwatch. The game is a joy to play, nuanced yet totally accessible. Many comparisons have been drawn to Team Fortress, but it also harkens back to a time when I still played games like Quake II and Unreal Tournament with my college buddies. Yet Overwatch is so much deeper and well-polished. The backstory is interesting, the cast is an unparalleled multi-cultural mix of instantly lovable personalities, the visual design is sublime, and the online functionality is flawlessly fluid. I love the concept of leveling for cosmetic loot, incentives for backfilling quick matches is genius in that it keeps you engaged and progressing regardless of your team's skill or success, and the contextual awareness between the characters you control means you don't even have to talk with strangers if you'd prefer to keep the mic off. It's a lesson in community inclusion, in making even the weaker links feel like they're worth having on the team. Overwatch is multiplayer genius. I'm so glad I purchased it on a whim and got outside my single-player RPG comfort zone. Expand
  2. May 24, 2016
    Amazing game, full of depth. Blizzard home run. Comparisons to TF2 are like cheap and have no basis. This is truly a fantastic new IP, and is a worthy new franchise.
  3. May 25, 2016
    The last time I played a game that felt this unique and had this level of accessibility I was playing the original gears of war. I love this game and the beta just made sure I purchased a copy at launch. Hears to blizzard and a decade of support for a brand new shooter franchise!
  4. Oct 8, 2016
    There are few new ideas here, but they gave it the old Blizzard polish and it really worked. I haven't had an MP experience this fun in computer games before. They are also doing a great job with the updates.
  5. Jun 1, 2016
    The best FPS I have played in the last 30 years, I am a big fan of online multiplayer fps, would like to praise the art style, the game mechanics and character roaster and charm, It is very different from the canned blockbusters we have seen released year after year, every match is different from the other because we are constantly switching characters and It is a challenge to masterThe best FPS I have played in the last 30 years, I am a big fan of online multiplayer fps, would like to praise the art style, the game mechanics and character roaster and charm, It is very different from the canned blockbusters we have seen released year after year, every match is different from the other because we are constantly switching characters and It is a challenge to master every strategy and skills combinations, this games allows the players to create new game modes inside each game because of It sheer variety, It is highly recommended for Multiplayer FPS fans that have time to dig into Its intricacies. Expand
  6. May 29, 2016
    Can't stop playing this game, great with your mates or alone online.

All the characters are well balanced and look great, graphics are different and the sound makes close games even more tense.

Do not understand the low score reviews at all...
  7. Jun 8, 2016
    Most fun I've had with a squad based FPS in my life. As a general rule I don't like online play and I don't like FPS, but overwatch has won me over.

The hero design is excellent, making you feel so powerful if you use them right and so weak if their counter hero shows up, the balance is perfect. I've only played "solo" games on PS4 without using any in game voice comm I've been able to have tons of fun. Sometimes I feel like I have to pick a healer (Lucio) or a tank (Reinhardt) just to get the team balance right so we can win.

Buy this game, it's a full $60 but the 100s of hours your likely to loose here makes it great value
  8. May 24, 2016
    This is a game i have played from Beta on both PC and PS4 and couldn't wait for the release and now that it is out i can say it is easily one of the best games i have played in quite some time so much fun i can say too anyone who wants to play it but is unsure please do pick it up it is worth every cent spent.
  9. Nov 8, 2018
    Excellent game. The level of polish and depth is nearly unparalleled, met only by games like Battlefield and Rainbow Six. Yet this game, much like a MOBA, puts even more significance on teamwork and and team balance.
    Balance is one of the things the game does excellently. While the game does have some minor balancing issues, it’s remarkable how excellent the balancing is throughout the many heroes despite how incredibly different each character plays. No other shooter had such minimal balancing issues yet so much character variety.
    I also commend the game for avoiding any significant IAP’s or other unnecessary monetizations.

Excellent game all in all.
  10. May 27, 2016
    i'm having a blast with this game. I've put in 30 hours into this game and my friends and i cant stop playing. love how the characters are so different from each other and the levels are great those choke points is what makes you get you on the edge of your seat.
  11. May 24, 2016
    One of the most polished multiplayer experiences I've ever had. Overwatch offers so many different play styles that anyone can enjoy and that is what makes it the great game it is. From the characters to the actual gameplay, it is one of the most fun I've had in a video game.
  12. May 27, 2016
    The best thing about Overwatch is its diversity. Shooters have been doing the exact same thing for the last 8 years and it was getting seriously stale. Overwatch either improves on or throws all the shooter tropes of late out the window. This is a game where you could play the same team comp every game for a hundred games and it would be a different experience every time.
    But the
    But the diversity also brings another great experience to the table, and that is that when you get even a little bored of playing a certain character, just switch to any other character and you'll have an entirely different experience.
    p.s. Mercy is best girl.
  13. May 25, 2016
    I loathe shooters thanks to COD, that being said, I couldn't wait to play this game. The game is amazing. I love the diverse characters and the fact that teamwork is required to win. Each character has his own unique play style and you should have no problem finding one to your liking. The graphics are bright and the visuals are solid on the console. Other than bastion being a bitI loathe shooters thanks to COD, that being said, I couldn't wait to play this game. The game is amazing. I love the diverse characters and the fact that teamwork is required to win. Each character has his own unique play style and you should have no problem finding one to your liking. The graphics are bright and the visuals are solid on the console. Other than bastion being a bit unbalanced, the game is a homerun for me and will put many more hours into it. Expand
  14. May 27, 2016
    By far the best FPS this Gen so far, hands down. The only on-line only game I'll be playing for a while. Every character is so different and unique. At first you may feel that some character are OP and others are useless. But you have to understand that everyone has a counter character. They want you to switch out characters as much as possible. If someone is owning you, the switch to aBy far the best FPS this Gen so far, hands down. The only on-line only game I'll be playing for a while. Every character is so different and unique. At first you may feel that some character are OP and others are useless. But you have to understand that everyone has a counter character. They want you to switch out characters as much as possible. If someone is owning you, the switch to a different hero. Never play as the same character the whole game. This game is the complete opposite of a "bro shooter" Expand
  15. May 28, 2016
    Blizzard . This word invokes 2 images at least for me . One is Lake Shore Drive covered in 2 feet of snow and vehicles . The other ?. Simply put gaming greatness . They are consistently at the forefront of gaming mproducing excellent titles and over watch is no exception . Overwatch is extremely simple yet loaded with intricacies that will take you quite a while to master . Theron lies theBlizzard . This word invokes 2 images at least for me . One is Lake Shore Drive covered in 2 feet of snow and vehicles . The other ?. Simply put gaming greatness . They are consistently at the forefront of gaming mproducing excellent titles and over watch is no exception . Overwatch is extremely simple yet loaded with intricacies that will take you quite a while to master . Theron lies the key to spectacular game design simple yet complex . I'll admit I was on the fence about this game. I did not play the beta I have a job family and personally I don't like betas taking up space on my hard drive .

This title just oozes quality . From art design to mechanics to sound to gameplay everything is just stellar and polished . Game play is blistering fast and more importantly completely satisfying. There are 21 heroes to pick from and they all feel great with each having their own unique abilities and weapons . The game actively encourages teamwork and a balanced team . Kill to death ratios don't really matter here and MVP awards are voted on by teammates and enmities . Very rarely did I come across instances of teams not willing to work together . With the exception of one round where my team had 3 tracers myself being one . I altered my selection and went with someone else as it isn't like I didn't have choices .

Game modes are control assault and escort and honestly all 3 are a blast to play across 12 maps with maps catering specifically to one of the three mentioned game modes . Teamwork is encouraged one escort map I picked Reinhardt a character whom carries a massive shield . I only killed two people but I kept my team alive and the objective moving with 4 minutes total objective time my team covered my flanks and I trusted them to do so . In the end the enemy and my fellow team voted me MVP and honestly it felt great .

Having a cohesive team work toward the objective with everyone else on the same page just feels amazing as stated earlier kills don't matter here and teamwork is the word of the day . Let's talk dlc will there be any ?. Yes and get this folks it's all free nothing is locked behind paywalls . There are loot boxes and basically the upgrades are cosmetic and do not alter gameplay . None of this is important because playing more over watch is your reward . This game is addicting it is utterly masterful . What blizzard has accomplished here with no experience is what makes them with a select few others such a respected name in this world .

For the first time since metal gear solid 5 I'm giving a game a 10 those who have read my other reviews will know how I hold that title in such a high regard . I just may have a new favorite title . Utterly refreshing yet familiar simple yet complicated . Should you begin your overwatch ?. Everyone should I have and I have looked back quite simply this is video game bliss don't miss it .
  16. Aug 8, 2016
    If you're a gamer in 2016, you've heard of Overwatch by now. Heck, many people who don't even play games know about the game. You know this already, but Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer shooter with an incredible cast of heroes to play as. Overwatch was successful before it even came out, but let me tell you why you need to buy this game-as long as you know for sure it's the game forIf you're a gamer in 2016, you've heard of Overwatch by now. Heck, many people who don't even play games know about the game. You know this already, but Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer shooter with an incredible cast of heroes to play as. Overwatch was successful before it even came out, but let me tell you why you need to buy this game-as long as you know for sure it's the game for you.

Overwatch's Attraction
    Of course, the main draw of OW is its roster. Every single character is different, even if they're technically classified as the same type of hero (offence, builder, tank, healer). They're also specially crafted for different kinds of situations, and every one contributes an equal part to a team. They're also layered with many pros and cons, and when you put heroes against each other, they form a rock-paper-scissors-like game-there are advantages and disadvantages. For example, one of my favorite heroes, Roadhog, has a deadly ability where he hooks people in and then blasts away with his powerful shotgun. This ability works great against a sniper when they're perched up on a roof, but careful using it against a close-range character, like Reaper. He'll blow you to bits! There are so, so, SO many more things in the game like this. My best advice is use all of the heroes! You'll be engaged in more fun and variety if you do so.

The Intensity of the Fight
    Before I get into what the matches are like, let me just say the matchmaking in the game is very smooth. Every single multiplayer match in OW requires precious teamwork and coordination. No, you don't ALWAYS have to play with friends (more on that later), but you have to be mindful of how you and your teammates work together. That also means knowing how to play your hero. No matter what weapon you use, shooting in the game feels great and easy. It's also quite simple how to kill people, but the complexity to that is knowing how to use your hero. Trust me, if you aren't willing to learn the deep characteristics of each hero and how to use them skillfully, don't get this game. But even with OW's deceptively deep mechanics, it's still an amazingly fun game.

Verdict
    I think the main reason OW has a 6.1 as its user score (a crime in my opinion) is its "lack of content and asking price". OW has only 3 variations of multiplayer matches, yes. I don't know how I can explain why OW would be the game for you, but you should know. If it totally is, it's worth every penny of $60. However, if that's not the case, wait for a sale (something that will be a long time coming most likely...) or just hold off on it entirely. My personal opinion of the game ends with this: Overwatch is some of the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer game and I'm so glad I bought it.
  17. May 24, 2016
    This game is absolutely wonderful. The game is very good looking with a variety of different characters to play as. Blizzard put so much thought into this game OMG they have freaking animated shorts on some of the characters for pete sake. The game is fun and addicting. Go out and buy this game!!
  18. May 25, 2016
    Ignore the ridiculous 0 hater ratings, if it wasn't for those the average score would be 9 upwards. This game has it all. Amazing graphics, slick fresh gameplay, unbelievable game and character design and a real rank level system which is unfortunately missing from Uncharted 4.... This is the FPS of the generation! Buy it and see :)
  19. May 25, 2016
    Overwatch got me hooked from the very beginning during the beta. It was a game I have been waiting over a year to play and the hype is real. Blizzard has put together their first successful FPS with a fun gaming atmosphere that will make you never want to stop. The various creative characters, map variations, loot boxes and other little things in the game make this game what it is. IOverwatch got me hooked from the very beginning during the beta. It was a game I have been waiting over a year to play and the hype is real. Blizzard has put together their first successful FPS with a fun gaming atmosphere that will make you never want to stop. The various creative characters, map variations, loot boxes and other little things in the game make this game what it is. I highly recommend this game to any gamer who's looking for a game that's purely fun and will keep you busy for hours on end. Expand
  20. Dec 12, 2017
    Recently got this game, and it is a blast. Well defined and balanced characters. I'm not an FPS fan at all, yet, this one constantly wastes my time. Great game, thank you Blizzard.
  21. May 24, 2016
    I've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game thatI've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game that has a high skill ceiling with a low barrier to entry and lovable characters. On the surface it is simple, but play it for a while and you'll understand why Overwatch exceeds the hype. Expand
  22. Aug 3, 2016
    Anyone who rates this game below an 8 doesn't quite understand the direction of MOBAs as they relate to the FPS experience. Designed for the perfection-oriented, "how can I do this better?" competitive gamer, Overwatch is an overwhelmingly enjoyable and unbelievably deep experience. Just when you feel like you've used a given character to its fullest, and that there's nothing more toAnyone who rates this game below an 8 doesn't quite understand the direction of MOBAs as they relate to the FPS experience. Designed for the perfection-oriented, "how can I do this better?" competitive gamer, Overwatch is an overwhelmingly enjoyable and unbelievably deep experience. Just when you feel like you've used a given character to its fullest, and that there's nothing more to learn, you roll out into a new scenario and are right back at square one. With constant updates and what I've found to be an immensely cooperative community, Overwatch is probably my favorite game of the year.

In short: it is simple, but deep. It will have you coming back for more time and time again... and again... and again... and ag-
  23. May 28, 2017
    Fast-paced, mechanically smart and just an all-round delight. It's an amazing achievement that every character in the game feels completely unique to play as while also having different effects to your overall team. Overwatch is simply the best competitive FPS that I have ever played.
  24. May 24, 2016
    Blizzard has entered the realm of the first person shooters and it is one of the best shooters in the last few years. It takes 21 awesome characters from a former organization and it pits them against each other in 6v6 combat across a multitude of awesome maps and modes. characters are split up in offense defense tank and support. Want healing but still fun weapons go with lucio want toBlizzard has entered the realm of the first person shooters and it is one of the best shooters in the last few years. It takes 21 awesome characters from a former organization and it pits them against each other in 6v6 combat across a multitude of awesome maps and modes. characters are split up in offense defense tank and support. Want healing but still fun weapons go with lucio want to zip around at high speed with rapid fire pistols tracer is your girl prefer sitting back and waiting for the enemy to come to you go with widowmaker or tourbjorn. top it off with a cool play of the game feature emotes fun skins and funny dialogue this game is truly a marvel. Expand
  25. Jun 6, 2016
    The concept people need to understand about this game before buying it is that there isn't really an end game...yes you can level up, unlock skins etc but the guns/characters you have at the start are what you have in 40 hours...

The game is designed to be FUN to play and it does this so well. You'll not play a better online FPS game this year, I feel very confident saying that Wide

Wide variety of characters, I don't remember the last time I went the same character in back to back games!

Does something which not many FPS make me want to do these days and that's play it for hours on end.
    "Just one more game.....one more game....one more.....damn where have 4 hours have went"

Best game i've played this year, hands down. For me I'm marking it as a 10/10, the game does have a few slight problems (lack of modes) however 10/10 for what they have developed currently and I'm praying they have more stuff coming out over the coming months
  26. May 25, 2016
    Blizzard, you never disappoint. Just make sure the Warcraft movie is good, ok?
    Blizzard, you never disappoint. Just make sure the Warcraft movie is good, ok?
    Overwatch is Blizzard's first attempt at a new type of game; they've put away their knowledge of MOBAs and MMOS, and have now moved into the world of first person shooters. The question is, does it work? Hell YES. This game is incredible. Overwatch has done something that no other FPS has done in years: be truly engaging and fun. The classes are all fun to use, each with their own personalities. The game modes are hype-filled thrill rides, the gameplay is balanced to where people who don't like shooters can enjoy, the maps are all fun to play on, and almost everything about this game is absolutely amazing. It's easily one of Blizzard's best games in years, and while Overwatch isn't the best shooter i've ever played, but I can see myself playing this game for a long time coming. It's one of the best games i've played this year, and no other shooter this year will come close to what this game has accomplished.

Overwatch gets a 10/10. Cheers, love!
  27. May 27, 2016
    Best game so far to play with team mates. Perfectly balanced, fast, beautiful. Its gameplay is amazing and perfect and the team play dynamic requires organization and team work.
  28. May 27, 2017
    Overwatch a first person hero shooter game. Different abilities for different heroes which play various roles in game. This game designed only for competition & teamwork. You will like it by the time pass. More & more attractions by changing heroes. Good support from Blizzard. Brilliant servers, nice events, new items, new heroes, new skins & new game modes. Graphic engines works wonderfulOverwatch a first person hero shooter game. Different abilities for different heroes which play various roles in game. This game designed only for competition & teamwork. You will like it by the time pass. More & more attractions by changing heroes. Good support from Blizzard. Brilliant servers, nice events, new items, new heroes, new skins & new game modes. Graphic engines works wonderful 60fps without problem. With HDR update got better look, Very user friendly Menu, game mechanics & community. You'll pay 40-50$ but there will be not any wasting ad's. at last, GOOD JOB again Blizzard! this is the best first shooter hero game in the history till now. Expand
  29. May 24, 2016
    Let me just say this it is a fun game, it is not without its own set of problems but overall it is a great game. Blizzard has succeeded in creating a fun cooperative fps. I have already spent a lot of time in the game and still have stuff to learn; there are 22 different and unique characters to play with their own set of abilities.

Despite the calls of some of the people on that it

Despite the calls of some of the people on that it will die in a month like titanfall I don't believe so, I have spent more then 75 hours in the game and am still discovering new things. I believe that as long as Blizzard continues to support the game it will be around for a long time to come.
  30. Aug 11, 2016
    I love this game so much that I literally bought a PC for the first time in years because I wanted to play this game with friends on my PS4 and. Also with other friends I have that are PC Gamers. Take time to get great skills with it and that's the fun of it.
  31. May 26, 2016
    I thought I was done with FPS games. I thought the days that I could sit and play a game for 5 hours at a time were long gone. I thought I'd never have to dust off the commode chair to avoid unnecessary mid-game bathroom breaks ever again.

I was wrong. People who bemoan the lack of a single player campaign can go choose from a hundred other games, I'm glad when a game company

I was wrong.
    People who bemoan the lack of a single player campaign can go choose from a hundred other games, I'm glad when a game company focuses on one thing and gets it right. They got it right.
  32. Jun 8, 2016
    This game is my new fav and is simply amazing! All the heroes are diverse and enjoyable! The maps are made for the game modes, which is a great thing! Finally all future DLC's are FREE, perhaps other franchises could learn off of this!
  33. Jun 6, 2019
    One of the best shooters to come out in recent years, Overwatch is a team-based shooter full of potential and colourful characters.

The matches are intense and it can be very addictive. The graphics, music and sound effects create a great feel for this new world created by blizzard and some of the random interactions between players give the impression of history between the characters. Speaking of which, the characters are also very well balanced.

This game is most fun when played with friends but playing with random players can be fun too. Teams require balancing roles such as one healer and one tank, if you're a team player you can fill one of these roles yourself. Players who have a tendency to stick to one favourite character will not shine here. Overwatch is all about changing characters and adapting to the situation.

When I first read about Overwatch it was not in my wishlist. The animated shorts raised my curiosity but the beta access was when I had made up my mind that this is a game I absolutely must have. This game is fun, intense with a good sense of humour.

There is no microtransaction necessary for this game. There is nothing pay-to-win and only cosmetic things can be bought with real money. But fear not, you can also unlock them by playing the game.

This game simply has no notable flaws and thus I give it a 10/10.
  34. May 27, 2016
    This game is awesome. The bad reviews are most likely salty folks who can't figure out how not to die. I have over 20 hours so far and can say that the game is addicting and enjoyable. Balance seems ok to me. I have had 0 connection issues. ALL the DLC will be free. There is a ton of free content coming. Just like league of legends you will climb the ladder in ranked and new heroesThis game is awesome. The bad reviews are most likely salty folks who can't figure out how not to die. I have over 20 hours so far and can say that the game is addicting and enjoyable. Balance seems ok to me. I have had 0 connection issues. ALL the DLC will be free. There is a ton of free content coming. Just like league of legends you will climb the ladder in ranked and new heroes will be released FOR free. More maps FOR free. Don't listen to the negative reviews. Overwatch is insanely fun. Expand
  35. Oct 25, 2016
    Surprisingly, I never heard of this game until the free weekend a month ago ( I never played a Blizzard game before), played it, loved it, bought it almost immediately. Such a great game to play with friends, either in a casual or more serious tone. Since last month I've already sinked in 150 hours.
  36. May 27, 2016
    Initially yes the 60 dollar price tag may seem kinda steep but it's important to keep in mind that games like this are almost always expanded upon later on. blizzard has already confirmed that there working on new content, content that will likely be free. This game is one of the best competitive shooters I've played in a very long time and should not be judged by it's base content and itInitially yes the 60 dollar price tag may seem kinda steep but it's important to keep in mind that games like this are almost always expanded upon later on. blizzard has already confirmed that there working on new content, content that will likely be free. This game is one of the best competitive shooters I've played in a very long time and should not be judged by it's base content and it certainly shouldn't be compared to battleborne. Expand
  37. May 24, 2016
    This game is the best shooter to come along in a years. Fast and very addictive gameplay with gorgeous visuals. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Don't listen to the negative feedback.
  38. May 24, 2016
    Blizzard entertainment have created an amazing First person Team Based Game with Overwatch. Its very addictive with easy controls and amazing graphics. The gameplay is smooth and tactics are key to victory.
  39. Jul 24, 2016
    FPS focused on team objectives. Definitely NOT like most other shooters. Super fun in groups, boring to play solo. If they keep adding characters and maps I won't really ever get bored of it.
  40. Jun 1, 2016
    sometimes you need a game that is just fun, that is this game just fun. I am someone who generally gets frustrated playing games but that does not happen with this game. If you are annoyed about something happening in the game just switch characters and you can take care of it. This also takes care of characters really being overpowered because every hero has more than 1 or 2 counterssometimes you need a game that is just fun, that is this game just fun. I am someone who generally gets frustrated playing games but that does not happen with this game. If you are annoyed about something happening in the game just switch characters and you can take care of it. This also takes care of characters really being overpowered because every hero has more than 1 or 2 counters each character has their strengths and weaknesses. This game is the most fun I have ever had on an online game and is definitely worth buying. Expand
  41. May 24, 2016
    The looks good and its runs good on a i3 + gtx950. The game is fun.Funnier then most of the games this year and the last year.Buy this game and have fun wth it
  42. May 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game play is fun! graphics looks amazing!
    blizzard always good at making characters, !
    I hope that they add more characters in the future or making a series or a movie from overwatch!
  43. May 24, 2016
    Played the Beta non-stop, loved it, This game is so fun. Not a game you could play all day but surely for casual players a whole lot a fun a great purchase.
  44. May 24, 2016
    i give it 10 to balance out the haters
    but real score would be 8 but up to 9 if all dlc will be free
    fun addictive online game with alot of heroes which u should take ur time to find which one suits your play style
  45. May 24, 2016
    The game is amazing and full of fun and i enjoy every second of it. People say the lack of campaign hurts the game but i disagree sure a campaign would be nice but you could log in hu dreds of houra into this game ita very addictive and the replay value is high.
  46. May 24, 2016
    I don't like shooters, but Overwatch is amazing! Addicting, accessible, beautiful! Balanced and amazing design!

The fact that there is no single player do not affect the lore of the game. Blizzard is releasing many videos and other materials that complement the lore.
  47. May 24, 2016
    Characters are extremely well balance and all offer something unique to the overall experience. Got a copy with 4 other friends and haven't looked back since. Great Game!
  48. May 24, 2016
    Great game, hands down. For sure worth the buy. Will be even better in the future once more game play is added and the community organizes around it..
  49. May 24, 2016
    Best shooter I've played in years. Although it is multiplayer only, every match plays out differently and provides fun even when you're on the losing end.
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics with a pixar like feel - Interesting and unique heroes with distinct personalities and abilities - Easily accessible for new players, but a high skill cap for better players - PLAYERS WITH MORE PLAYTIME
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics with a pixar like feel
    - Interesting and unique heroes with distinct personalities and abilities
    - Easily accessible for new players, but a high skill cap for better players
    - PLAYERS WITH MORE PLAYTIME INVESTED DO NOT HAVE AN ADVANTAGE. This was a major turnoff for me with other franchises (*cough* COD), and it feels great having a fair chance in every match rather than losing to someone just because they've been playing for 30 hours more than me to get the best weapon
    - Switching characters allows actions and reactions to every team composition, sounds weird at first, but you'll never go back after experiencing it.
    - Blizzard adding all future gameplay content (ie: everything but skins) for free. Plans for maps, modes, and heroes coming in the future.

Cons:
    - MP only can still be daunting for some, although I contest that it is fun even for players new to FPS
    - Maps are specifically customized to be best for one mode, so no control on Route 66
    - Ranked play not up until June

Overall I'd say definitely give it a try, you'll most likely end up loving it and purchasing it for yourself
  50. May 25, 2016
    This game is just fun! The art style is like a Pixar Disney movie which is a huge change when compared to most games.

You can play any of the 21 hero's available. Better yet they all play differently, have their own abilities and ultimate's! The best thing about this game is that you never really feel like you lose. Even if you didn't win the match, you still feel like you contributed to your team and did your best. I just simply can't get mad at this game.
    Another great thing about this game is that there's tons of unlock-ables that you can get through opening loot boxes. Every loot box contains four items. Ever item is specific to one of the 21 hero's you can choose from. And the customization isn't too bad either for all of the characters. You have intro's to choose from, skins, different sprays.

The only negative things I've gathered from this are that it may eventually become repetitive if Blizzard doesn't add new maps and new things to the game.
  51. May 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overwatch the best of the best game! Amazing environment, heroes and dynamic of gameplay. Each character has its own story. I like theirs conversations in the game and the best of moment in the game! Expand
  52. May 25, 2016
    The game is amazing. I have had it since monday of this week and I can't seem to get enough of the game. It has such a different style for a shooter and is so well thought out. I have always been a fan of Blizzard games but I think this is perhaps their best ranking in over World of Warcraft. The characters are extremely diverse and have such detailed design. I pretty well appreciate theThe game is amazing. I have had it since monday of this week and I can't seem to get enough of the game. It has such a different style for a shooter and is so well thought out. I have always been a fan of Blizzard games but I think this is perhaps their best ranking in over World of Warcraft. The characters are extremely diverse and have such detailed design. I pretty well appreciate the fact that it is on PS4 and I have played it on both PC and PS4 and I tend to favor the PS4 controls and feel better than the PC. I like the way it introduces the game when you start it. I think the only problem I am having with this game so far is not being able to stop playing it. Expand
  53. May 25, 2016
    Great game. I haven't had so much fun playing a game since the halo days. Lots of fun characters to choose from . Definitely worth the purchase, ignore the criticism.
  54. May 25, 2016
    Great game. Plays like team fortress 2. Honestly, feels like it should only cost about $20, but a) this is a review of how good the game is, not how much content it packs, and b) blizzard has a good reputation for supporting games, and that has some value.

Graphics are great, gun play is great, battles are diverse...need to team up. No story mode, but what it does, it does perfectly. 10/10
  55. May 26, 2016
    This could be the co-op/teamwork FPS of this generation if Blizzard commits to the promise of more maps, characters and game types. The most fun I've had in a PS4 shooter. Lots of different ways to play and you'll find yourself changing characters on the fly to react to the strategy employed by your opponents. Character animation looks great, the maps look even better--and it's not evenThis could be the co-op/teamwork FPS of this generation if Blizzard commits to the promise of more maps, characters and game types. The most fun I've had in a PS4 shooter. Lots of different ways to play and you'll find yourself changing characters on the fly to react to the strategy employed by your opponents. Character animation looks great, the maps look even better--and it's not even fully realized.

A++
  56. May 26, 2016
    First of all, don´t pay attention to these awful half hearted reviews giving it low score and favoring Battleborn. Seriously guys you can do better than that. It is true, content wise Battleborn has a lot more, but in my honest opinion, reviews should be about quality and not quantity. Blizzard has done an amazing job with this game feels extremely polished and every match is fun.First of all, don´t pay attention to these awful half hearted reviews giving it low score and favoring Battleborn. Seriously guys you can do better than that. It is true, content wise Battleborn has a lot more, but in my honest opinion, reviews should be about quality and not quantity. Blizzard has done an amazing job with this game feels extremely polished and every match is fun. Everything from character design, maps, even the bits of lore that they provide through the cinematics feels full of heart.

The game takes the Team Fortress formula and does wonders with it, if you are competitive and love fast paced action fps, this is the game for you.
  57. May 29, 2016
    Get a group of friends and have an amazing time. This is the next generation of FPS. The people are hating on this game are sad that their games will become irrelevant once Overwatch reigns king.
  58. May 31, 2016
    Overwatch is a goddamn treasure. I say this as someone who is not typically interested in multiplayer shooters, but who used to enjoy team shooters. It kind of makes sense that I like Overwatch because it feels like the ultimate class-based team shooter.

Let me list the things I love about Overwatch: It has fun and varied and attractive characters, multiple different game modes, gorgeous and well-designed zones, brilliant and rewarding post-game stats displays, built-in highlights, non-offensive microtransactions solely for cosmetic items, and so on.

Overwatch is a master class in videogame design. Here are some examples:

Enemy characters have louder footsteps, and their footsteps are distinctive—the samurai Hanzo is light on his fight while D.Va in her walking mech sounds like she’s clomping around in a robotic exoskeleton.

Character silhouettes are so distinct that you can identify which character is around the corner based on the shadow it is throwing on a wall down the hall.

The post-game screens are brilliant and feel rewarding regardless of your personal skill level. It is much more than just a leaderboard, recognizing you for performing well with stats that make sense for the particular character(s) you used that game.

A few technical problems on console do arise, and there are some imbalanced characters on particular maps and modes, but I have faith that Blizzard will fix these issues over time because they have legendary support of their games.

No matter what kind of gamer you are, you owe it to yourself to play Overwatch. It’s that great.
  59. Jun 4, 2016
    I'd like to preface this with two facts; I'm not normally a fan of competitive shooters, and I picked up Overwatch with the expectation that it would hold my attention all of one weekend. I've never been so happy to be wrong.
    Overwatch is not a twitch shooter like Call of Duty, nor is it a grind-worthy DOTA clone like Battleborn. Instead it takes the best of both worlds to make an amazing team based shooter with enough content to remain fresh for months. Each of the 21 characters has been carefully crafted to offer a unique but balanced style of play, and with a dozen objective based maps there is an infinite number of team builds and strategies to play with.
    Many negative reviews I've seen complain that there is no story or that the gameplay is simple and repetitive, but this is simply not true. Overwatch is chalked full of story, but nearly all of it is lore. Nearly 80 hours in I'm still catching new voice lines and interactions that expand upon the characters and their relationships to one another. These kinds of small nuances are also part of what keeps the gameplay so fresh. Being killed when the enemy deflects your sniper round or is sometimes even more fun than making the shot because you know you just witnessed either a miracle or a monster. Even the smallest details can make a difference; not only can D.Va combine her self-destruct and rocket booster abilities to make a devastating missile she is also able to activate it during the fraction of a second it takes her to eject after reaching 0 health, which can create some unexpected openings.
    At it's heart Overwatch feels more like Smash Brothers than anything else. Tons of unique and fun characters with simple and addictive gameplay governed by an incredibly intricate and well thought out engine. Even if squad based shooters isn't your thing give it a chance, you might just fall in love.
  60. Jul 23, 2017
    Bought this game in January after spending months trying to ignore it. I have nearly 500 hours on it as of today. This game is extremely addictive but most importantly its fun. Its more fun than i have had in a video game in a long time. Overwatch is basically the accumulation of all the best features from fps games in the past 20 years.
  61. Jun 5, 2016
    --------======WARNING; LENGTHY REVIEW=======--------

--------======WARNING; LENGTHY REVIEW=======--------

Firstly, this game isn't good because of its flashy visuals or whatever people care about these days. Over also isn't a Team Fortress 2 clone as some would lead you to believe. Overwatch is something, different yet familiar. It combines the fast-paced style of a multiplayer FPS with a very team and character based aspect. There is a strong emphasis in the game of making the ultimate team to counter the enemy. Making a whole team of the most powerful character won't win you the game, making a balanced team the counters the opposition well will win. The other thing about this game is the diverse roster of characters to choose from. The lovable ape Winston and the tough woman Zarya are both classified as tanks but they couldn't play more different. With 21 characters in the game, each with their own backstory and special abilities, there is more than enough choice to build your squad.
    One more point. This game is NOT a mindless copy of Battleborn OR TF2. Both play very differently to Overwatch and honestly, Overwatch is a lot better then those games.
    Don't be afraid of the micro transactions in this game. There are absolutely no items in the game whatsoever that can give you a feasible in game benefit, no matter how much money to pump into this thing. The micro transactions are for loot boxes, containing cosmetic items. You get one loot box per level up, so buying these isn't the only way to get that Spirit of: 76 skin you want. The reason these micro transactions exist is because, to quote TotalBiscuit, so that people with more money then time don't get locked out of any content. If you don't have time to grind you can still get the normal level-up loot. In a game such as Call of Duty people that play more have more guns, and an advantage over people like me that don't play much. Overwatch's micro transactions are there so people aren't locked out of any content, even if it doesn't help in the game.
    Verdict: Don't listen to the negative reviews, they don't know what they're talking about. This game is a fun experience with solid gameplay, stunning visuals and a great play style with diverse characters and team-building.
  62. Jun 6, 2016
    I'll be frank, reviews stating the game is unbalanced, are morons. Every character has a counter, if you are so stubborn that you will not play for the team and change character when required, don't get the game. I don't want to see you on my team any time soon.
    People have complained of Bastion being over-powered. Mccree, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Roadhog, Mei, Tracer, Pharah and even another Bastion can all counter Bastion.
    Ignore those giving reviews about balancing issues, if you take the time to actually pay attention to what is going on, you will have a great time. On the other hand you can just play Soldier 76, have a beer and shoot stuff. Either way, you will have a good time.
  63. Jun 25, 2016
    one of thee best multiplayer game i have played ever ...
    it has fast game play that i love and has team work so much that is why i love much more ....
  64. Jul 5, 2016
    Overwatch is a game that should be polarizing in the gaming community; it takes away the customization that so many FPS players live off of and substitutes 16 uniquely different but VERY well put together characters in the vain of Team Fortress (with serious differences from TF). There are no bad characters in the game, only bad players.

For someone looking to frantically customize

For someone looking to frantically customize their weapons, play against rogue players who don't care about teamwork, and maintain that "manly aesthetic" that comes with most FPS, you'll be out of luck. Instead of sticking to the mold, Blizzard put together what is probably the best team-based FPS of all time. With a good balanced team, you can have some of the most fun experiences that you can get from gaming.

Seems like the people hating on the game are pretty bad at the whole concept of team play, and that's great because Call of Duty needs more 10 year olds!
  65. Jul 11, 2016
    Best multiplayer only game I've played in a long time (excluding TF2) boasting a roster of 21 characters to play. This game is Very casual friendly solo or with friends, and great for pros who want to use advanced tactics and strategy. Anyone wanting a balanced-team-based multiplayer Tier1(AAA) title should do themselves a favor.

My one issue is $60 is a bit pricey for content offered

My one issue is $60 is a bit pricey for content offered as of 7-11-16, however that being said, another character, map and more skins are on the way.
  66. Jul 15, 2016
    As someone who has logged 1,000 hours on TF2, I can say Overwatch is actually great.
    The action is more fast paced, Tracer is a lot more fun and intuitive than the Scout, and the class choice makes for a unique experience, unless you're playing Widowmaker because she's really bad on console.
    All in all it does need more balance, but it's fledgling, and you need to remember how TF2 was when it was in it's infancy.
  67. Jul 19, 2016
    best game on ps4 really enjoyed every minute of this game and it deserve the money i spent on this game
    #1 game on ps4 hype
    played around 100 hours on this game and still going for it
  68. Jul 23, 2016
    This is a hero-shooter game with the simple purpose of being fun, addictive and beautiful. It's what I expected and it's what I got.

I think it has 2 ways of being played: 1.- only playing 2.- consuming all the artistic content that the game offers and... playing. If you do only " 1 " you will feel lack of content and depth. If you want to do it by the " 2nd way" , I think it

I think it has 2 ways of being played:
    1.- only playing
    2.- consuming all the artistic content that the game offers and... playing.

If you do only " 1 " you will feel lack of content and depth. If you want to do it by the " 2nd way" , I think it makes it a more enjoyable game. It depends on you if you want to invest your time or not.

The heavy weighted Blizzard company, has created a world, a multi platform experience. It is primarily a game, but it has a free access comics and beautiful short movies that makes you get emotionally compromised with the characters. This adds a very fun and pleasant way to explain the character's background. If you like arts, movies and shooters, immerse yourself in the world and you will not be disappointed. All the components are very dedicated in terms of maximum professionalism and quality. Art direction, extremely balanced gameplay, sounds and music, animations, level design etc...

If your going to buy this game you must be prepared for: no campaign, a lot of colors, a lot of abilities and super high speed battles.

However if it's your kind of game or not, I can perceive that it has so much dedication and love, that is inspirational for all small and medium video game developers. I think it's a very refreshing game to this generation, conscious of the needs of the modern players.

For me, it's a very good example of how a video game should be done.

I can't wait for the upcoming updates of the game.
  69. Aug 12, 2016
    Hands down the best shooter on the Playstation 4, Overwatch has something for everybody. A masterclass in online FPS game design that puts fun ahead of all else, with 22 truly unique characters there are 22 different ways to play Overwatch. Top that diversity off with beautiful art, great banter between characters and frequent support from Blizzard (all for free), Overwatch is one of theHands down the best shooter on the Playstation 4, Overwatch has something for everybody. A masterclass in online FPS game design that puts fun ahead of all else, with 22 truly unique characters there are 22 different ways to play Overwatch. Top that diversity off with beautiful art, great banter between characters and frequent support from Blizzard (all for free), Overwatch is one of the great games of the generation so far. Expand
  70. Aug 15, 2016
    The first Blizzard game I have really played properly and it was more than enough to turn me into a lifelong Blizzard fan. The gameplay and the attention to detail, the characters, the community, everything about this game is polished to the max.

I am not a fan of PvP shooters, the only other shooter I really liked playing was the original CoD, but Overwatch is just plain fun. There is a hero for everyone, for every occasion. The ability to change heroes mid game is just plain awesome, and makes for really interesting match-ups.

For the people saying it lacks content, I would say that quality over quantity is always better and the game is not that short, there are frequent updates and seeing as it's Blizzard, the updates should keep on coming for a while.

So give this game a shot and I'm sure you won't regret it, afterall the World could always use more Heroes!
  71. Aug 19, 2016
    This game is just...wow! I've enjoyed every second of my 500+ hours now and the game keeps getting better and better with each patch. Blizzard's support of this game is legendary and they really listen to player feedback. Overwatch will most likely be THE FPS of this generation and for some time after. If you haven't played Overwatch since it's launch, I dare say you are missing out. IThis game is just...wow! I've enjoyed every second of my 500+ hours now and the game keeps getting better and better with each patch. Blizzard's support of this game is legendary and they really listen to player feedback. Overwatch will most likely be THE FPS of this generation and for some time after. If you haven't played Overwatch since it's launch, I dare say you are missing out. I play on both PC and PS4, but I find the PS4 version to be my preferred platform for this title. That's mainly because of how toxic the PC community is.

I'm giving this a 10/10 simply because of how much I love Overwatch. There are minor flaws, and more content is needed, but I have strong faith Blizzard is going to deliver that content as time continues on. I can't wait to see how far Blizzard goes with Overwatch.

Plus, if there is one video game that deserves a full feature length film, it's Overwatch.
  72. Oct 28, 2016
    Overwatch just keeps me coming back for more. This is an online only multiplayer game that just keeps everything fun yet very competitive. The range of characters keeps the game enjoyable all through out and mastering each character takes some time. Some characters are easier to use then others but practice will come a long way. Blizzard provides a practice range so that you can get usedOverwatch just keeps me coming back for more. This is an online only multiplayer game that just keeps everything fun yet very competitive. The range of characters keeps the game enjoyable all through out and mastering each character takes some time. Some characters are easier to use then others but practice will come a long way. Blizzard provides a practice range so that you can get used to a character and you can also play against bots. Blizzard is also constantly updating the game with new features, game modes, skins, emotes and new characters as well. There is still so much more to come from this game and i am really looking forward to it. Expand
  73. Nov 23, 2016
    The Best FPS game I've played yet.

Very fun and addictive and even better when played with friends.

The Graphics are gorgeous and the voice acting is perfect.

I recommend this game to all FPS lovers.
  74. Nov 24, 2016
    The best anti-war game I've ever played. This game is a breathtaking experience as blizzard strikes up a game again. idk what im talking about xd Gabe the Dog.
  75. Dec 2, 2016
    By far my favorite game of all time, the characters and world it creates without a story is amazing, and the game play is phenomenal. Buy this game, I promise you it'll be worth it.
  76. Nov 15, 2017
    One of the most fun games of all time. This is a brilliant and fun game. Love it - And look, I do not like generic first person shooters. I have more than 250 hours of it and want more. Blizzard just released a piece of art.
  77. Jan 17, 2017
    people do not understand what are buying here ... it's so hard to read the online reviews? no one knows the WoW pvp? This is the game experience ... do you like? No? do not buy it! there is no progression no offline game there is no campaign no story ... stop complaining! here there is only a great brutal hard core team PvP game! is not for all ... enjoy!
  78. Feb 13, 2017
    Blizzard has once again struck gold with a first person shooter, with it’s amazing graphics Overwatch is a game that involves many heroes that appeal to many different peoples play styles. Each hero falls into a category which include Offense, Defense, Tank and Support, and each one plays a very different role on many of the maps in Overwatch. Also it depends if you're defending theBlizzard has once again struck gold with a first person shooter, with it’s amazing graphics Overwatch is a game that involves many heroes that appeal to many different peoples play styles. Each hero falls into a category which include Offense, Defense, Tank and Support, and each one plays a very different role on many of the maps in Overwatch. Also it depends if you're defending the object or attacking the objective and trying to push the payload, with this you must pick a hero that fit the necessities to complete your tasks while also doing your duties like healing fellow teammates or soaking up massive amounts of damage with your shield while your team pushes or defends. From Gamestop the game costs $60 dollars new and remember each console plays different whether you are playing it on a Computer or XBOX or Playstation each controls, graphics, and sound quality will be different. The controls are easy to grasp on most platforms but not too sure on PC because I play this game on the PS4, but other than that they also give you the option to change controls if you are used to another control on another console which is great at times.

But keep in mind the rating of the game is Teen because of blood and violence, but excluding this, the game is really fun and I enjoy playing new characters in competitive matches with other people. I wouldn’t recommend it to people under the age of 8 or 9 because younger people may have a hard time grasping the harder play style of the game or understanding the objectives or controls.

I really like this game because of it’s diverse feelings and that you can play with other people including your friends and another thing I really enjoy is the loot boxes and the skins because they are really cool and detailed and the loot boxes are like prize for leveling up in game. One thing I don't enjoy is the players that are rude while you play, making the game less enjoyable. I would rate this game 5/5 stas because it’s really fun and engaging for a first person shooter
  79. Feb 13, 2017
    Pros
    -Amazing graphics
    -Online -Simple controls -Different game modes -Lots of characters to play as -Customizable characters (different skins) -Only online Cons -Only online Developed by Blizzard, Overwatch is fun game with simple controls that are easy to learn. The game is a little pricey being at sixty dollars but it’s worth it. Overwatch is a game for the Playstation 4,
    Pros
    -Amazing graphics
    -Online
    -Simple controls
    -Different game modes
    -Lots of characters to play as
    -Customizable characters (different skins)
    -Only online

Cons
    -Only online

Developed by Blizzard, Overwatch is fun game with simple controls that are easy to learn. The game is a little pricey being at sixty dollars but it’s worth it. Overwatch is a game for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. Overwatch can keep you entertained with all the game modes including: Quick play, 3v3, Competitive, Brawls, Custom and even more. Overwatch is a very fast paced game, so you have stay alert. Even though the game is fast it is still fun to play.

The game is set sixty years into the future so all the weapons and maps are very futuristic and are very developed. Overwatch is a game that has amazing graphics in the maps and also the weapons. In Overwatch you can customize the characters by getting different skins to put on them. You can get skins from loot boxes or with credits that can come in loot boxes. Some of the characters include: Tracer, Genji, Hanzo, Mcree, Soldier 76 and tons more. Overwatch is only online online, that means it can go both ways, good and bad. It is good because you can play with people and friends that are not with you, but it’s bad because you can’t play locally and you have to be able to play online or you can’t play at all. Something I would recommend is playing with friends. You don’t have to but if you do you get 20% more XP.

All in all Overwatch is a very fun game to play. Overwatch is rated teen but I think it could be for kids littler than that if their parents let them. Once you start playing you can’t stop. It hooks you in. Like I said Overwatch will keep you entertained for days. I think this is one of the best games of the year. If you have any questions about Overwatch I will try my best to answer them.
  80. Mar 12, 2017
    Great game! Amazing support from Blizzard constantly adding new free content. No pay to win model. The best FPS today from the best game developer. Thanks Blizzard!
  81. Apr 16, 2017
    This game is very addictive it lacks some character but it is very addictive since it is activision blizzard and no blizzard entertainment official, my favorite character is ana
  82. May 23, 2017
    I hate this game. I did so good in my placement matches on competitive and even got a silver metal in one game. I am a Genji main and i love him because hes a robot ninja. However i only got placed in bronze. The game is broken and Sombra is OP. I like widowmaker becuase of reasons. Hanzo is pretty balanced.
  83. Jun 2, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is just wow,recommended totally,graphics is amazing,characters are very good and maps are big and easy to walk through,game is easy and you should buy it! Expand
  84. Aug 11, 2017
    I've thought about what I'm going to say very carefully, because after a year of playing every day, I finally know that Overwatch is the best shooter of all time. With amazing, interesting, beautifully designed characters and addictive, fun, captivating gameplay, Overwatch proves itself to be one of the best games ever made.
  85. Dec 20, 2017
    Overwatch: Overwatch is brilliant, futuristic cartoony characters, amazing graphics, simple gameplay, and story that makes me addicted to this well crafted FPS.
  86. Nov 10, 2017
    As a big halo fan I never took overwatch seriously as it looked too cartoony. But after changing my xbox for playstation I decided to give it a go. At first the game seemed swallow but I stuck with and soon found the real beauty of the game. Each character plays so different and can effect not the game in so many different ways. It totally changes your experience when playing. ThankAs a big halo fan I never took overwatch seriously as it looked too cartoony. But after changing my xbox for playstation I decided to give it a go. At first the game seemed swallow but I stuck with and soon found the real beauty of the game. Each character plays so different and can effect not the game in so many different ways. It totally changes your experience when playing. Thank you blizzard!!! Expand
  87. Nov 4, 2017
    This game is awesome you can play so many good online modes like quick play and also the Arcade games this game so many good characters to play like solder 76,trancer,Reaper and more each month or year the game will have a event that you have a 4 player team and add new characters I wish the game have a story mode and I hope there a netfilx original series going to be based around the gameThis game is awesome you can play so many good online modes like quick play and also the Arcade games this game so many good characters to play like solder 76,trancer,Reaper and more each month or year the game will have a event that you have a 4 player team and add new characters I wish the game have a story mode and I hope there a netfilx original series going to be based around the game also there comic books and animated shorts to uncover the origins of the characters you can watch the animated shorts on YouTube but the comic books you can a graphic novel version of it online or any book shop also the game have fantastic alternative skin for your characters you going to play as. Expand
  88. Feb 19, 2018
    best fps game ever,
    good graphic
    fantastic gameplay
    blizzard did nice job on every thing about this game
  89. Jun 15, 2018
    In the world of first-person-shooters, it’s very difficult to find original titles with individuality, variety, and overall creative ideas. But when the game studio, Blizzard, took it upon themselves to create their own FPS title, they manufactured a gaming Giant. While Overwatch is very similar to other games in the class-based FPS genre such as Valve’s Team Fortress 2 and Gearbox’sIn the world of first-person-shooters, it’s very difficult to find original titles with individuality, variety, and overall creative ideas. But when the game studio, Blizzard, took it upon themselves to create their own FPS title, they manufactured a gaming Giant. While Overwatch is very similar to other games in the class-based FPS genre such as Valve’s Team Fortress 2 and Gearbox’s Battleborn, It manages to stand out in its own way with its creativity, visuals, and overall addictive nature. Sadly, while the game doesn't have an actual campaign, Overwatch’s story is explained in the very beginning when the player first boots up the game. As told by the intelligent ape scientist, Winston, in the distant future, mankind became careless, and the machines they built rose up and raged war against them for dominance. So in a last attempt of desperation to reestablish peace, Overwatch was assembled. An elite team made up of the best soldiers, fighters, minds, and prodigies in the world. The attempt was a success. Overwatch helped settle the war and establish world Peace. However, because of that, Overwatch was disbanded due to the fact that they weren't needed anymore. But after horrible tragedy kept occurring many years later, Winston contacts all of the Overwatch members to reunite and fight for what's right once again. In terms of the game’s visuals, Overwatch boasts an expansive, dazzling color palette with stunning three-dimensional graphics and resolution that really lends itself to the game's overall appeal. And the roster of playable heroes in Overwatch is probably the best part of the game. Never has there been a class-based FPS title with this much variety. Out of 25 characters with new ones added every year, and the four classes they fit into, no two characters play the same. For instance, Rinehart and Winston are both tanks but do the job differently. If your team needs lasting, straightforward protection then you clearly use Reinhart, but if your team needs to rush the enemy as quickly as possible while still needing protection, then the incredibly mobile Winston would be a better choice. And it's because all of the characters in Overwatch are unique and drastically different in play style and design that makes the game so much fun. 25 ways to play, and you can play anything from an African powerhouse with a giant fist to a robotic munk with levitating orbs around his neck. And they all have varying damage, health, skill ceilings, mobility and situational effectiveness. Combine that with the fact that each character has as powerful move that they can charge up to possibly turn the tides of a game and you have a recipe for a good time. Overwatch gameplay is in general, solid. 6 vs 6 matches are the norm and they’re most of the time fast-paced and chaotic, which makes them lots of fun but sometimes infuriating if the players aren't skilled enough to handle the game’s extremely high skill ceiling. Due to Overwatch being an online- team based game, each of the 25 heroes have to be put in carefully constructed teams that compliment each other's abilities if the players want to win. Luckily, Blizzard nailed online capabilities in Overwatch. Players can team up with their friends in parties and even befriend, communicate with, and start other parties with random players online! Which allows communication between team members which in turn allows for strategy to be discussed amongst a team. Even though there’s only 15 maps in Overwatch as of now which is especially weak compared to TF2’s monster selection of over 100, they are very expensive and have a lot of possible routes and paths, and it's a lot of fun to discover new secret areas to abuse the game. And with there being a handful of modes to the maps such as capturing a point, pushing a payload or doing both, there’s a lot of possibilities to each scenario. Overwatch truly delivers in side content, there is an always expanding plethora of modes to play outside of the normal quick play and competitive, and the player can even make their own modes in the custom game mode, and post them online with the literally millions of other modes made by other players. Another area where Overwatch shines though, is the dozens and dozens and dozens of collectibles that each character can have. All of which are interchangeable to each hero and aesthetically makes the player’s character their own. And each event that comes out over the years adds even more voice lines, sprays, highlight intros, emotes and costumes for all the characters. In the end, Overwatch nails just about every aspect that needs to be addressed for an FPS to be good, and it excels in those aspects to the endth degree to create a must-play experience for any kind of gamer. It’s well worth it's 2016 Game-of-the-year title. 10/10, Masterpiece. Expand
  90. Mar 30, 2018
    Best Multiplayer Ever . All Characters Equally balanced . Hope this gets a cross play . Thanks Blizzard for this game.
  91. Jul 24, 2018
    I've played Overwatch for more than a thousand hours. I think it's pretty good.
  92. May 25, 2018
    don't listen to the haters,they like to hate on every trending and overrated game.Overwatch is overrated that's right,but unlike other games,over watch is overrated because it is good,after 2 years soo much free content(new Maps,new heroes,adjustments,Skins,Reworks,etc..) Have been added to the game,the developers love the community and keeps adding new content almost every day!!!! This isdon't listen to the haters,they like to hate on every trending and overrated game.Overwatch is overrated that's right,but unlike other games,over watch is overrated because it is good,after 2 years soo much free content(new Maps,new heroes,adjustments,Skins,Reworks,etc..) Have been added to the game,the developers love the community and keeps adding new content almost every day!!!! This is truly one of the best online hero shooters out there if not the best! Expand
  93. Jul 1, 2018
    A phenomenal team based shooter that has an extremely diverse cast with unique move sets on bright visually pleasing maps that boast plenty of vertical and horizontal flanking opportunities I have a few hundred hours on Overwatch and every update there is always something new and exciting for me to try out with my friends on either quickplay, one of the numerous arcade game modes, or onA phenomenal team based shooter that has an extremely diverse cast with unique move sets on bright visually pleasing maps that boast plenty of vertical and horizontal flanking opportunities I have a few hundred hours on Overwatch and every update there is always something new and exciting for me to try out with my friends on either quickplay, one of the numerous arcade game modes, or on one of our own custom games. Expand
  94. Oct 3, 2018
    Greatest multiplayer game of all time, no question.

Review must be 75 characters long.
  95. Oct 3, 2019
    All I gotta say is HarleyQuinn2000 doesn’t know what the hell shes talking about. Overwatch came out first and Paladins is a copy/paste of Overwatch.
  96. Mar 9, 2019
    I really love this game, it's another one I play with my brother who got his when he saw how much fun I was having with mines.

I love playing all the characters though I mainly stick with Sombra, Mercy, D.va, Reaper, Ashe, Hanzo and Ana. I'm not all that great with the others but I play the ones I listed decently enough.
  97. Apr 27, 2019
    This game is simple the best experience I have ever had in a shooting game. I have fun playing it while being very competitive. It would be perfect if Blizzard cared about it nowadays. it's a pity that the game is falling. No new content added, but during the two years I played it I loved it.
  98. May 28, 2019
    I loved this game Blizzard has delivered one of their best games ever! Play it since 2014 (BETA), and until today (2019) I have fun with it! My favorite hero will always be Moira!
  99. Sep 11, 2019
    Overwatch is one of the most magical games I have ever played. The characters, graphics, and everything is amazing. Yes, there has been a lack of content in recent time but theres already so much content I hardly ever get bored.
  100. Oct 6, 2019
    El juego es una auténtica pasada, todo lo hace el mejor juego multijugador en primera persona

1. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2016
    Simply the best multiplayer shooter to come along in years. Pure, joyous fun. [July 2016, p.74]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jul 24, 2016
    That the game hangs together visually is remarkable; that it should cohere so well in design terms, unfathomable. [Aug 2016, p.104]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 16, 2016
    Blizzard's addictive and tactical team-based shooter is essential - the character-switching mechanic sweetens the genre. Group up with friends to avoid clueless carnage and enjoy the true game. [Aug 2016, p.82]